• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

FurikoMaru said:
One of the rejected possible votes for this update was

[X] "... Hinata? When you become Hokage, can I borrow the hat for costume parties?"

O:)
I'm sure there's a very good reason that it was rejected, but I'm voting for it anyway.

[X] "... Hinata? When you become Hokage, can I borrow the hat for costume parties?"

Yeah - nightblade, Disminded, Jack Trade, Hymn of Ragnarok (4)

Hat - uju32, Vindictus, Torgamous, Selias, Silversun17, redaeth (6)

Both - Unclouded

[X] "... yeah." :)
Selias, nightblade, Disminded, Jack Trade, Hymn

[X] Aw, come here you big softie. Hugs!
Guile

[X] "... yeah... :)
->[X] "... Hinata? When you become Hokage, can I borrow the hat for costume parties?"
Unclouded

[X] "...Yeah. But still i worry you may have sent her to a realy tough position for the finals, tough it was your own decision to do that so i dont see anything wrong with it."
Delwgun

Uju32. Vindictus,Torgamous, Selias, Silversun 17, redaeth

Last edited by a moderator:
uju32 said:
[X] "... yeah." :)
Selias, nightblade, Disminded, Jack Trade, Hymn

[X] Aw, come here you big softie. Hugs!
Guile

[X] "... yeah... :)
->[X] "... Hinata? When you become Hokage, can I borrow the hat for costume parties?"
Unsounded

[X] "...Yeah. But still i worry you may have sent her to a realy tough position for the finals, tough it was your own decision to do that so i dont see anything wrong with it."
Delwgun

Uju32. Vindictus,Torgamous, Selias, Silversun 17, redaeth

Not to take offense or anything but you could just copy and paste the names so my name doesn't become Unsounded....

uju32 said:
Also, I changed my vote to "... Hinata? When you become Hokage, can I borrow the hat for costume parties?," but you have me up for "... yeah." :), as well.

Selias said:
Also, I changed my vote to "... Hinata? When you become Hokage, can I borrow the hat for costume parties?," but you have me up for "... yeah." :), as well.
You didn't redact your previous vote, I think.
Anyway, fixed.

[X] "... Hinata?" you ask finally, smiling. "When you become Hokage, can I borrow the hat for costume parties?"

:)) You haven't seen that blush in a while!

Before she can answer, the proctor down below coughs in a deliberate way for once.

Handouts. Heh. It's like we're back in the Academy.

"S-sir?" Hinata manages to get out, before finally getting a grip on herself and continuing in a normal tone: "Sakura-san has just stepped out. May I have two copies so I can take her one?"

"I can do that, Hinata," Kurenai-san murmurs.

Hinata looks like she's about to protest, but nods.

=

Konoha Chuunin Exam Finals

Haruno Sakura
-------------> ______________
Temari
----> _________
Akimichi Chouji
--------------> __________ ----> _________ ----> __________
Hyuuga Neji
----> _________
Sabaku no Gaara ----> _________
---------> ___________ ----> _________
Rock Lee
----> __________ ----> __________
Kuwabara Ami
-------------> ______________ ----> _________
Kuyo
----> _______________
Kankuro
-------------> ______________
Yamanaka Ino

=

Wow. Is it just me, or are they totally trying to cut out the weaker contestants as quickly as possible?

What did you expect? They're running a business.

You grumble quietly to yourself. Now Hinata's sacrifice was totally pointless. Sakura's almost certainly going to get creamed.

Oh, well. Spilt milk. Time to look on the bright side: you can finally go home.

[X] Go straight home with Ami and Menka to tell Sasuke all about the exam.

[X] Invite some of the other contestants out for dinner and swing by home to pick up Sasuke for it. Hey, inter-village relationships need building. (You can afford dinner for everyone. Who do you invite?)

[X] Go visit your parents and ask Dad about Gaara's bullet and the blood.

[X] Write-in?

-----
Your GM cannot bracket worth dick.

Here, have them written the way a sane person would do it:

Temari vs Sakura

Chouji vs Neji

Gaara vs Lee

Ami vs Kuyo

Kankuro vs Ino

Victor of Temari vs Sakura fights the victor of Chouji vs Neji and so on.

[X] Invite some of the other contestants out for dinner and swing by home to pick up Sasuke for it. Hey, inter-village relationships need building. (You can afford dinner for everyone. Who do you invite?)

Sand Team
Maybe sound?

Question. After the first round how is the bye-round selected? Assuming there are five victors (and no double eliminations) someone has a bye. Also assuming it gets that far before events happen.

[X] Invite some of the other contestants out for dinner and swing by home to pick up Sasuke for it. Hey, inter-village relationships need building.
->[X]Sand team
->[X]Konaha team members that aren't stuck in the hospital or otherwise injured.
->[X]Kibi and Ira

As much as I want to invite all of Sound it seems that the last match left a sour note on things and don't think Kuyo will be welcomed.

Edit:
FurikoMaru said:
Be advised, your mother will rise up and slay you for inviting two members of a group and intentionally leaving out a third.

In light of mother killing us might as well just drop Sound. It would be awkward enough but I'm not sure it'd be worth it to invite everyone.

Unclouded said:
Question. After the first round how is the bye-round selected? Assuming there are five victors (and no double eliminations) someone has a bye. Also assuming it gets that far before events happen.
The tentative plan is to leave the bye in reserve for someone who won but was injured.

Unclouded said:
As much as I want to invite all of Sound it seems that the last match left a sour note on things and don't think Kuyo will be welcomed.
Be advised, your mother will rise up and slay you for inviting two members of a group and intentionally leaving out a third.

FurikoMaru said:
Your GM cannot bracket worth dick.
Haruno Sakura --------------
> __________
Temari---------------------------
> __________
Akimichi Chouji--------------
> ___________ > __________
Hyuuga Neji-------------------
> __________ > __________
Sabaku no Gaara-----------
> ___________ > __________ > __________
Rock Lee----------------------
> __________ > __________
Kuwabara Ami---------------
> ___________ > __________
Kuyo-----------------------------
> __________
Kankuro-------------------------
> __________
Yamanaka Ino----------------

Is this the table you were looking for?

... It was neater in Wordpad.

Really, having a meal with the Sand team but not Sound strikes me as unwise. Just invite our friends.
(X) Tomorrow we may (briefly) be enemies, but tonight we dine as friends

We probably shouldn't try to help anyone in the finals personally, that'd be awkward since we're in it too.

Yeah, Sakura's totally either going to win or have so absurdly badass showing. If Sakura does get straight-up creamed, no underdog story for her, then I will be pleasantly surprised.

just because you are the plucky underdog, that doesn't guarantee victory, or even that you make a decent showing.

Hell, look how it worked out for canon hinata.

Torgamous said:
Canon Hinata was plucky?

She got into a fight with Neji and refused to go down until he tried to implode her fucking heart.

that took guts, it didn't accomplish anything, but it took guts.

FurikoMaru said:
[X] "... Hinata?" you ask finally, smiling. "When you become Hokage, can I borrow the hat for costume parties?"
:)) You haven't seen that blush in a while!
Heh.
FurikoMaru said:
"I can do that, Hinata," Kurenai-san murmurs.
This suggests the jounin are already on the case.

FurikoMaru said:
Konoha Chuunin Exam Finals
Poor Lee gets to give up without even a match.
And ouch for putting Sakura up against Temari.
Gaara gets a clear path to the finals? Yeah, I can see the problem with that.
Most certainly not look good to civilians.

Ino vs Kankuro?
Looks like we will need that poison training.
FurikoMaru said:
You grumble quietly to yourself. Now Hinata's sacrifice was totally pointless. Sakura's almost certainly going to get creamed.
Even now you fail to realize the purpose of the exam.
*shakes head*

FurikoMaru said:
[X] Write-in?
I would really like to get the chakra bullet out of our hands and into storage.
Plus talking to Dad would give him a heads up on making sure Sakura is taken care of, training wise.

Going home with Ami means we get to blow up her deeds to Sasuke, something that really needs doing.

Inviting Sasuke out might not go too well; he still is something of an asshole, and I would not put it past him to needle the Sand 3; Gaara looks like a kid after all.
But if I was inviting people to dinner, I would invite everyone uninjured and watch the fireworks.

And there is the possibility to maneuver things with some plotting; stick Neji with Kibi, Sakura with Choji/Hinata, Kankuro with Shikamaru/Ami, Kuyo/Ira with Temari, and float Gaara, Sasuke and Ino.
Could use Lee though.

Ultimately boils down to what we want to see.
FurikoMaru said:
Damn right too.
QUESTION
Is it possible to arrange said dinner later in the month?
Or does the plan have the various teams going back home, to return later for the finals?

uju32 said:
.Even now you fail to realize the purpose of the exam.
*shakes head*

I thought the point of the exam was "show what you are capable of, winning is less important than showing off"

getting her shit wrecked fairly effortlessly, in-front of a live audience is probably not going to help her get that promotion.

Also, kankuro might not even DO poison this time around.

If I was him, and used guns and puppets, then I'd build gunpuppets.

I think getting Chakra storage up and running, and a Ranton ranged attack would probably seriously improve our chances.

so far, we showed them that we are a sensor, and that we do highspeed stuff, can carve exlosive seals, and that we are pretty good at Int-work.

None of that really screams "I'm going to blow your ass to pieces with Ranton bolts"

going straight forward "lol-blasty-teim" is probably the most unexpected thing we could do.

So, I had a fun idea to take on Kankuro.

Shortly before the third exam, we sneak attack Kankuro and take his place using our masks. Then, disguised as Kankuro, we convincingly stage a loss to ‘Ino’, which is actually Kankuro under mind control or a genjutsu that causes him to think he's fighting as himself or whatever. How else do they expect a stealth-focused ninja to pass a public exam?

Not saying we have to do this exactly, but I really want to learn Ranton and then NOT have to use it.

Y'know what, fuck it.

Almost as importantly, Shikamaru is coming home as well; getting his input on the mysterious case of Gaara's chakra might help you break the mystery quicker.

Kiba is hospitalized, as is Lee, Sayuri has her legs mangled, and Sakura is pissed.
This is no time for a celebratory dinner.
We can visit Dad and Mom tomorrow with the collared seal.

Guile said:
So, I had a fun idea to take on Kankuro.

Shortly before the third exam, we sneak attack Kankuro and take his place using our masks. Then, disguised as Kankuro, we convincingly stage a loss to 'Ino', which is actually Kankuro under mind control or a genjutsu that causes him to think he's fighting as himself or whatever. How else do they expect a stealth-focused ninja to pass a public exam?

Not saying we have to do this exactly, but I really want to learn Ranton and then NOT have to use it.

We... Huh... Whaaaaat?!

I. That is, um. What exactly is this supposed to accomplish? Besides giving the Judges a headache, I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back