• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

FurikoMaru said:
I'm a little sad no one was surprised to find out Nabiki's cousin was killed by a Konoha shinobi rather than an Iwa one. And that everyone's given up on figuring out what Sorato and the Takazonos' respective deals are. Should I not bother to put as much work into these things as I do? Or do I just make everything too obvious?

Dam, my memory is the worst.
So many mysteries we should unveil!

Yeah, pretty much given up on figuring out what brand of weirdness Sorato is. Sorry!

Overall, it might have dragged a bit (probably reads much better all in one go than update-by-update), but overall a nice little interlude. Got me with the feels.

And "... I swear you could tie her to an anvil and throw her in the ocean, and she'd make friends with an octopus in time for it to untie her and help her swim to safety." is a great soundbite.

Well that sucks. Maybe I should just PM everyone with what he is and preserve the mystery for those who read it all in one go.

[X] Hail the Conquering Hero

When the six of you get back to Konoha, you are all very tired and very hungry. Asuma offers to treat you all to dinner at the Yakiniku Q, and you gratefully accept; it's after nine, there's no way Mom hasn't already made dinner for her and Dad and washed up.

To your surprise, Sasuke's seated at the bar, with the remains of a mozzarella-tomato salad and a glass of water in front of him. When he sees you come in he almost falls off his stool in his haste to greet you.

"Ino! Menka! Ami!"

Ami turns bright red at his smile. He almost looks like wants to hug both of you, but he settles for jamming his hands in his pockets and nodding at your other teammates. "Kiba. Asuma."

Akamaru barks in annoyance at being left out, but Sasuke obliviously directs his attention back to you.

"Listen, can I talk to you alone for a minute?"

... wait a second. Has he been drinking?

[X] "Can it wait until tomorrow? I'm beat and hungry enough to eat a horse."

[X] "Can it wait until you sober up, my fellow clan-heir?" XD

[X] "Sure. *to Asuma* Just tell 'em I'll have lemonade to start." Who're you to be judging people for their vices? You're a 13-year-old smoker.

[X] "Sure. *to Asuma* Just tell 'em I'll have lemonade to start." Who're you to be judging people for their vices? You're a 13-year-old smoker.

[X] Why Sasuke, how forward- yeah nevermind, I'm too tired for the whole song and dance. 'Sup dude?

Sure, I'll take a PM, if you're offering.

[X] To have been born in the same country

"How'd you get them to sell you booze?" you ask as the pair of you step out back into the cool night air.

"How'd you get Asuma to give you cigarettes?" Sasuke replies, and the pair of you smirk at each other.

"So what did you wanna talk about?" You cross your arms into your sleeves against the chill.

Sasuke nods, like you just said something profound, and looks away. "I've been thinking a lot about my life lately."

"Oh, yeah? What parts?"

"All of 'em." He runs a hand through his hair, and scratches his scalp. "I've been thinking about when we were kids. Do you remember how you and I used to go home from school together and we could just walk right into your house? You didn't even have to ask your Mom if you could have me over, she'd just have two snacks ready for both of us."

"'Course I remember that!" you say, wondering where he's going with this. "You used to eat my veggies for me, ya freak."

"You can't complain about never getting any taller if you aren't gonna eat right," he teases.

"Yeah, yeah, you got a point somewhere in here, rummy?" : P

"The best part of my day," he says, smiling wistfully, "every day, for years, was hearing you say, 'C'mon, Sakkun, let's go...'" he shrugs, "do anything. Just, anything, anything you wanted to do was probably going to be more interesting than anything else that was happening."

"... thanks, man," you say, legitimately touched. And incredibly curious to know what this is about.

"I've been thinking about my life," he repeats, "and what I want it to be, and what I have to do- what we have to do," he corrects himself, "before it can really start."

"I haven't forgotten," you say.

"So..." he says after a while. "We train. We study genjutsu, and get you fixed, and fix me if I need fixing. We get strong, stronger than anyone else in the village, and then... we go find him."

Sasuke nods at the ground. "Yeah. That too, one day. But first... there's something else." He glances back at you, and now he's looking really nervous. "Ino... will you marry me?"

[X] ?

-----

The high-pitched shriek of righteous indignation is the far-distant scream of canon-Ino. :))

Last edited by a moderator:
Ami will kill us and use our steaming entrails to hogtie Sasuke so she can drag him down the aisle.

And speaking of murder, isn't he still primed to kill us?

[X]What just what.... lets continue this conversion when your not drunk enough to fall over yourself by walking.

I have no idea what to say so I'll just vote for what I would do.

*low whistle*

I had vaguely wondered if something like this would happen, but.....good god lady, I did not see this coming NOW.

Ami would murder us if we said yes though. She's going to be immensely depressed just hearing about this.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Ami would murder us if we said yes though. She's going to be immensely depressed just hearing about this.
Heh. Do you know how many drunken proposals go unreported?

*cackles* Oooooh booooy, we should totally use this opportunity for mischief and blackmail!

[X] ask me again after you sober up, Then I'll consider it.

[X] ask me again after you sober up, Then I'll consider it.

Mmm....really not sure how to go about this but also really don't wanna offend Sasuke right now.

Because honestly? It is entirely possible he drank to work himself up to this. It's also possible that something happened on his mission that brought this on. But good God, of all the things he wants to talk about this is the first he chooses?! What's up with this boy's mind?!

I'm trying to think of a way to gently redirect the conversation. Something along the lines of, "Sas, that's really sweet but if I give an answer while you're drunk I'm gonna feel like I'm taking advantage of you."

But damn it I don't think that's quite right either.

Or....hmm. I....

I wonder if this is a genuine proposal or a way to get us legit access to something with the Uchiha's? I mean I don't think Sas would bother would something like that but it's possible.

Goddamn Furiko way to put us in a pickle. Fainting actually is beginning to sound tempting, but odds are good Sasuke will drop this proposal idea while drunk to someone else and then the gossip network gets ahold of it.

[X] Wasted away again in Margaritaville

... hoooooooly shit he's plastered. You're standing in an alley with a thirteen-year-old clan heir and he is completely looped. For a fleeting moment you regret not having a camera with which to immortalize this moment, and consider making a drunk-Sasuke construct to go with your angry-Sasuke construct.

Then the good-friend instincts kick in, and it's time to think about what you're actually going to do.

"How about I answer that question when you've sobered up?" you suggest. "If you still want to ask it."

His shoulders droop. "... don't you like me?" he asks.

Oh, joy, a maudlin drunk. "I didn't say I don't," you say hastily. "I'm just sayin', hammered people sometimes say things they regret when they-"

"How could I regret this?" he demands. "I want to be with you forever, Ino!"

[X] Well, he said he's been thinking about this. "And why is that?"

[X] "Sakkun, we're thirteen! I'm not remotely ready to be married yet."

[X] "... what happened?" This is Sasuke all over; roundabout talk and questions with surprise answers. Something has to be up.

[X] "... what happened?" This is Sasuke all over; roundabout talk and questions with surprise answers. Something has to be up.

Yeah, I don't really know the right answer here, but this looks good.

ah drunk friends the funnest and most annoying type of friends.

[X] Well, he said he's been thinking about this. "And why is that?"

....K, this Shout-Out is so obvious I feel awkward NOT acknowledging it. Yay for Jimmy Buffet? And an excellent South Park episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back