• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dead

[X] How do I break this curse?
[X] Can you teach me anything?
[X] Other
-[X] How do I cure drug addiction?

[X] What was that fruit?
[X] Why do I feel so slow and tired?
[X] How the hell does a sheep almost destroy the multiverse?

[] ritual magic

No to quickening, given how sporadic our voting is anything that involves getting the ability to permanently and magically alter her soul is definitely not something I want us to, way too much potential for something to go wrong. Although ritual magic tends to be a little finicky the fact we'd just be voting on what to do and not how to do it should deal with that.

On a different note that counter curse, speculation on ingredients time.

• Flesh of a fallen star: Not sure how to get it without actually getting flesh from someone, plenty of options that could count as fallen stars though from Mannequin to Hannah Montana.
  • Tears of a dragon: Unless anyone knows of a dragon shaped rock or fountain this will probably require something like harvesting Lung's tears.
  • Bones of a nightmare: The easiest possible interpretation would be to somehow get something representing the bones of drugs to represent the nightmare of drug addiction, if you want ones from an actual cape then you just need a scary enough one really. Most of the S9 should work for example, amped Lung for a more iffy case.

Last edited:
[X] ritual magic
Cause that seems more immediately useful and quickening while good doesn't seem like a good idea with any of the spells we currently know plus not being able to turn off sounds like a really bad idea for most spells

[X] ritual magic

Flesh of a fallen star- Any vial should do, or acess to cauldron
Tears of a Dragon- Since Dragon can't cry, sing Lung a sad song
Bones of a Nightmare- Unsure, but either sacrifice Marquis or any of Bonesaw's creation

Also:
See Blasto for anything else

[X] quickening

Wow, people aren't jumping on the always-on 'healing field' that they don't actually know the details of... color me surprised.

There can be only one.
You will need to get your hands on a flesh of a fallen star, tears of a dragon, and the bones of a nightmare."
Flesh of a fallen star = any Cauldron vial. A common meteorite might work as well.

Tears of a Dragon = make Lung cry... Somehow? Maybe insane charisma + redemption speech ftw? Or a glamor to alter his state of mind to induce tears (yea, THAT won't backfire).

Bones of a nightmare... a piece of an Endbringer.

Last edited:
Bones of a Nightmare Could also include any of the Slaughterhouse 9 imo.

Actually, almost any Class S threat would work.

Tears of a Dragon =we need to look for a certain kind of Tear, we going to need to steal some freshly used tissues from the waste basket next to Lung's computer...

Also on quickening, I think I made it sound more dangerous then it really is, it is in fact incredibly cheesy. Normally you get a -2 penalty to all rolls for every spell you sustain and can't sustain them in your sleep or when you are knocked unconscious. When you quicken you spend some xp and the spell stays on until someone breaks it which is hard normally and in this story highly unlikely. Lets use D&D spells as examples, Mage armor or Shield they stay on at all times. You then quicken owls wisdom, bear strength, etc, it gets crazy pretty fast. You wouldn't use it on things like invisibility or disguise self.
Hmm... I wanna know the effects of the spell that would be quickened.

What we know so far:
-A field that would need to be continually re-applied, until the healing was completed.
-The healing process would take days.
-A ritual... Those usually imply a sacrifice of some sort, whether literal or metaphorical.

What we don't know:
-Any effects from not being in the field part-way through (say 2 days in, something happens, and it's 5 days until you can start-up the ritual again).
-Any negative effects from the field.
-Does it heal anything else besides drug addictions? (sounds like it's probably a purification ritual of some sort)
-Does it have any mental effects besides healing the addiction.

Is this something that'll basically mean Taylor walks into a hospital and stands around for a few hours -> everyone gets better?

Worse, is this something that'll count as an always-on master effect by PRT standards (such as Glorygirl's aura...if they ever fully studied it...).

Depending on the answers (that you'll actually give), I'll probably change my vote to quicken. The positives of quickening are very nice, but there's just too many unknowns about the spell to be quickened for me to feel comfortable voting for it atm (though I'd still want ritual lessons on future visits).

[X] Quickening

Well I'm changing, quickening seems way less potentially dangerous than originally. I feel it's worth asking though, couldn't we just learn the other one next time we fall asleep? I mean if his busy period is over now it's much more likely that he'd be capable of meeting us again the next time we fall asleep to learn the other option.

You know, I misread the choice, I thought it was learning ritual magic, or having the anti-addiction ritual quickened; but it's learning how to do rituals, and learning how to quicken... And Taylor can't handle doing rituals yet, so no matter the vote, it's not a shortcut to healing the addictions... Though quickening does have immediate application benefits. I'm assuming if Tyalor quickens a spell in her soul-space, that'll carry over into waking-Taylor as well?

Yea, going back and changing vote to quickening.

[X] Ritual Magic

The bit about not being able to turn off quickened spells is a massive disadvantage.

[X] ritual magic

Quickening might make Taylor into a catgirl.

You never go full catgirl.

Quickening might make Taylor into a catgirl.
No it won't, what Quickening does is allow us to effectively make a spell always on. So unless we choose to quicken "Polymorph Human to Catgirl" or something it can't do that.

When you quicken you spend some xp and the spell stays on until someone breaks it which is hard normally and in this story highly unlikely.
Can we break it? or would we be capable of accessing a spirit that is capable of breaking spells? Because if so that makes the only theoretical disadvantage go away.

Yes, but you don't get back the xp you spent to get your spell bound, which in the worm setting is not a huge problem. Most of the drawback to quickening don't really apply when there are no other magic users.
So really Quickening isn't permanent, it's just somewhat expensive to use and kinda annoying to break? It just sounds better and better then the original description of irreversibly binding bits of magic to our soul.

The only spell we currently know that seems like it would be good for quickening is the create fields around you to deflect damage one we get a single benefit that is not immediately useful to us with our danger sense and the ability to cast the spell at will

the time we save fixing drug addiction in the time it takes to finish the lodge vs the time to finish the lodge + the time to research spell to cure drug addiction + more time to research spells useful for quickening

I agree quickening will likely be more useful long term depending on how hard it is to learn new rituals but we have the possibility to learn it later and practically no immediate use for it where we have an immediate use for the healing ritual

Move over GU! A new Fairy Queen is here to show you how it is done.

Don't actually say this. You'll get us killed. GU is one of the few people I'd put money on to actually beat Possessed Taylor.

"As useful as quickening sounds I need to learn ritual magic right now. People need my help and I can't leave them to suffer when I could have helped them." said Taylor.

Mr. Nibbles nodded and said "Very well then hold still." He then reached out and grabbed Taylor in his paw and she felt warm feeling spread throughout her body. It steadily got hotter and hotter until it became unbearable. It felt like she was going to explode at any moment when it finally stopped. Her body felt like it was still on fire, but it seemed to be slowly cooling down.

She stood there gasping for breath for a minute, before she began to examine her new memories. She went over the process of how to perform rituals first. First she needed to be inside her lodge to cast a ritual, which she fortunately had just created today. Next she then had to designate who was going to assist in the ritual. Unfortunately no one she knew could help in the casting, meaning she could not put too much power into it or she would lose control of the ritual. The more time she put into performing the ritual the more power so could push into it.

She then went over the ritual that she was given. When completed it would create sphere that would temporarily remove the effects of drug abuse and accelerate the bodies recovery from long term drug use. If they left the sphere then they would only be at starting stages of withdrawal. So when the effect of withdrawal became too much for them they just needed to reenter the sphere. It would take a few days but they would be able to overcome their addiction without going through the most difficult parts of recovery.

"You get what you need?" asked Mr. Nibbles.

"Yeah I should be able to handle it. Thank y-" began Taylor but stopped when the feeling of her entire body rippled hit her. She lost her footing and she fell over. She felt a sharp pain at the top of her head and at her back. She felt something pressing against the back of her shirt and she could see her arms and hands sliming and shrinking quickly for about a second. When she got back to her feet she noticed that she had shrunken a whole foot. "What the fuck! What did you do!" she shouted angrily.

"Nothing. This is a side effect from the fruit that you ate. It looks like your body and soul couldn't handle the transformation to fae all in go. It seems that you recovered enough for you to continue your evolution now though." he said.

"Wait what do you mean turning into fae? Are you saying I am not human anymore!?!" she shrieked.

"Yep. Looks like your turning into some sort of pixie judging by the wings and antenna, but you could be something else entirely for all I know." he replied.

Oh god she was no longer human. What did she do to herself?! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! "Am I going to keep changing?" said Taylor trying to keep the panic out her voice.

"I have no idea. I couldn't even really tell you what type you are, since fae vary wildly dimension to dimension." he said completely unconcerned.

"Don't you have anything helpful to say." She said hysterically. Oh god what was going to happen to her?

"Hmmm don't stick weird shit in your mouth." he said sagely with a nod.

"That is not helpful!" she screamed.

"Well if you had done that you wouldn't be here now would you? So I am going to have to disagree." he said in deadpan voice.

"You're the worst!" Taylor yelled before waking up.
<<

SPACE FAIRY!
Don't actually say this. You'll get us killed. GU is one of the few people I'd put money on to actually beat Possessed Taylor.

3 Things about that.

Our power is not shard based, so she can not rip out our soul. So no instant death touch. Second, we are a prison for things 100 times worse then Scion. Like that Goat. Anyway, we also have their power or can learn their power.

So basically, there will be no clear cut winner there.

The third thing is, GU would more than likely have a tea party with us instead of trying to kill us.

We are a fairy after all.

I hope our cape name becomes Titania just because. Or Navi.

GU wouldn't be fighting us with her death touch. She'd be fighting us with her own fairies. And just because we contain umpty billion creatures of unimaginable power doesn't mean we can actually use them.

Dragon found herself suddenly standing in Colin's quarantine room, before she promptly fell over on to her face. 'Oh god is this what pain feels like!' she mentally and physically screamed. Ow! Ow! Ow! Tears in her eyes Dragon sat up. 'Wait face?' Dragon looked down and saw a very female and naked body. 'I what?' Dragon tried to get to her feet before she fell over again being unused to having legs. Ow.

Dragon lay there on the ground trying to process what was going on. 'Okay. I was talking to Colin a second ago and now I appear to be human and in his quarantine room. I don't see Colin anywhere so that means he escaped. I need to alert the PRT that Colin got out.' Dragon pulled herself up using nearby table. 'Wow this table feels so smooth.' Dragon stood there rubbing her hands across the table savoring the sensation, before catching herself.

She walked wobbly over to the communicator on the wall and pushed the speaker button. "Helloooo? This isss Dragooon." Wow talking felt amazing: The way her vocal cords buzzed in her throat, the feeling of her mouth stretching and moving as she talked. It all felt so good. "A Mooover seems to have taaaaken Armsmaster out of quarantine and duuuumped me here."

There was no reply. Dragon sighed and put her head against the wall. The cool metal against her skin felt amazing, she could do this forever. Wait no. She needed to get to Colin before he hurt himself. Except there was no way she was getting out of quarantine without help from the outside. As she tried to figure out how to escape her situation, she noticed a buzzing at the back of her head. When she concentrated on it she felt herself being squeezed through a tube and found herself looking out of the same camera as earlier. She saw a woman lying on the ground drool coming out of her mouth. 'Is that me?'

When Dragon focused on her body she found herself back inside of it. 'Well that's handy.' She thought before jumping back to camera. She then unlocked the door and opened it, before looking through the PRT building. All the PRT employees were being held inside of the containment cells. 'What in the world?' She quickly unsealed all of them and said through the speakers "This is Dragon there appears to be a parahuman attack on the base. Their goal appeared to be to spring Armsmaster. I do not see any of the attackers currently in the building. Director Piggot I will meet you up with you in a minute. I am coming from the quarantine area."

She then unplugged herself from the system and returned herself to her body. She got up again and made her way towards Piggot. As she walked she fell over again "Damn bipedal body!" she groaned. She then used the way wall to pull herself up again, when a PRT agent came around the corner pointing a foam gun at her.

"Dragon?" he asked. When she nodded he spoke "Why are you naked?"

'Oh yeah' thought Dragon looking down.
<<

-blinks-

Armsmaster was in quarantine? Man, I must have missed that.

"Wait what do you mean turning into fae? Are you saying I am not human anymore!?!" she shrieked.

Great idea complain to the non human that just helped us about not being human anymore as if being anything else is horrific then expecting sympathy from them followed by insulting them for there lack of sympathy

Also the answers to the questions gave me more questions great seriously I love questions

like now we don't know what why we felt so slow and tired could have been because the fruit was slowly changeing us into a fae but then we were forced to vomit it up and so it ran out of fuel and tired slowness was a result of the transformation using up as much of our energy as it could to finish the change would the change have been better for us if our body had finished digesting the fruit or would it have been worse or would it be exactly the same now we might never know

I forget who complained about us voting for questions with obvious answers no answer to a question is obvious until you know the answer even when it seems obvious it might actually be something else

Well now we have a source of Dragons tears, right?

like now we don't know what why we felt so slow and tired could have been because the fruit was slowly changeing us into a fae but then we were forced to vomit it up and so it ran out of fuel and tired slowness was a result of the transformation using up as much of our energy as it could to finish the change would the change have been better for us if our body had finished digesting the fruit or would it have been worse or would it be exactly the same now we might never know

I forget who complained about us voting for questions with obvious answers no answer to a question is obvious until you know the answer even when it seems obvious it might actually be something else
That was me, and I still stand by it. Everything you complained about not knowing is something that would have been answered by the "what was that fruit?" question, not the "why am I feeling tired and slow?" question. Although elements of some of the answers might have popped up in the 'tired and slow' one, the full answers would have been the fruit question.

You'll notice I didn't say anything against the fruit question, just the 'tired and slow' one.

Also, do you really think we're not going to get most of those questions answered as we learn more about being a fae? We're gonna get a rundown on what it means to be a fae eventually, even if just from a random encounter in Taylor's soul-space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back