• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Devil Bring It On! (Multicross OC Insert, Devil May Cry Start)

Chapter Length and release speed preference?

• Shorter chapters but faster release (Current schedule)

Votes: 120 45.5%
  • Longer Chapters but slower release.

Votes: 144 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just coming back to this I forgot Nero gained his spectral arm power long before dying to Agnus and DTing. So I'd go further to say Yamato didn't do anything to cause his Stand at all, it's just a full body expression of his spectral limb power imo.

Then why did he loose it on 5? Sure, he got the arms back, now upgraded to wing arms, but where is the rrst of the body?

He hasn't. The only move it comes out in though is the last hit of Showdown.

I've always assumed that Yamato acted as a crutch for Nero's ability, so when he lost it at the start of 5, along with his Devil Bringer, he had to relearn how to use his DT abilities. It also didn't help that he also ended up relying on his Cyberarm.

If Capcom end up making 6, with Nero retaking the center stage as main character, it probably would have that as an character arc. As I recall, Dante and Vergil had years, not to mention decades of learning, plus they were already aware of their possible power set due to Sparda.

It just seems that Nero has a more steep learning curve due to being 1/4th Devil, opposed to Vergil/Dante's 1/2.

He hasn't. The only move it comes out in though is the last hit of Showdown.
I tried looking for the phantom/stand by going through a Nero Movelist video frame by frame and I couldn't see it. Is it all the particle effects coming together in the shape of a stand? Does anyone have a picture of it coming out?
I've heard other people claim it came out (I remember Woolie from Woolie VS claiming it at least). I'll go with the assumption that he has the potential to bring it out still, just curious if anyone else saw it.

But since it's been brought up I guess I'll ramble a bit about how I see the powers of the Sparda family tend to work. Partly to straighten my thoughts about it out.

Let me explain my perspective on how I see Nero's powers work (as well as a general note on Devil Triggers and Devil Arms).

It's true that Nero still had the spectral arm generation before getting that Yamato. I see that as his unique expression of his inheritance from Vergil and from him Sparda.
The obvious immediate comparison that comes to mind is the mirage blades/spectral blades/summoned swords.
Though there is another ability in the series that I like to compare it to. During DMC1 when Dante used the Sparda Devil Trigger to fight Mundus in the rail shooter section, using Devil Trigger summoned a dragon to assault Mundus. I like to see that Dragon as a spectral construct similar to Nero's Bringer arms, his 4 DT/Stand, and Vergil's Doppelganger.

The DMC4 Novelization also states that the Stand was a manifestation of Nero's soul, but I like to think it's just a manifestation of his demonic/spiritual power which comes from his soul.
(As a side note DMC5 lists Mirage Edge as Vergil's Soul, I classify it as the same just a manifestation of his demonic power which comes from his soul, it might be a distinction without a difference though).

I have a theory that when using a Devil Arm (especially when used to Devil Trigger) it leaves a mark on the soul of the wielder. A seed of potential to allow one to reach the same heights as one reached with the Devil Arm but on one's own.
This is my explanation as to how Dante and Vergil both were able to match and eventually surpass Sparda, beyond the idea that hybrids generally have great growth rates (and them eating the Fruit and absorbing Devil Sword Sparda respectively, as I believe they surpassed or equaled him before gaining Sin DT).

Vergil used Force Edge at the end of DMC3 and my theory is that when he took it from Arkham it hadn't fully sealed itself again and he was able to partially tap into its power. This leak of power is what allowed him to learn how to use Summoned Swords (I believe that the 3rd Vergil fight in DMC3 is the one where he first uses them) and left an imprint of the blade in his soul that eventually allowed him to duplicate its abilities via Mirage Edge.
Dante after using the Sparda Devil Trigger in DMC1 similarly had a seed of power awakened within him. It has been described in DMC2 and DMC4 that Dante had surpassed his father IIRC and DMC2 had the desperation Devil Trigger/Majin Form which he was able to access without wielding Devil Sword Sparda.

Similarly, I believe that wielding Yamato (and having it stuck in his arm for like 5 years straight) left an imprint of its powers on Nero's soul that when combined with his growing demonic power allowed him to emulate all the abilities he gained from it once he fully awakened his demonic blood. Thus the ability to make a spectral Yamato that functioned just as the original did in his hands.

An alternative theory is that Nero didn't get the Stand from Vergil, but Vergil got Doppelganger from Nero specifically from stealing the Devil Bringer which was practically fused with Yamato (if we believe one of Vergil's DMC5SE taunts it can shift back and forth) it might have enhanced its ability to create spectral constructs. Though that one is a bit of a stretch on my end.

As a third alternative, since DMC5 revealed Rebellion, Yamato and Force Edge/Devil Sword Sparda were all forged from Sparda's power split into 3 all the descendants have the potential to imitate the abilities of the swords to a certain extent, but I like the first theory the most.

I've always assumed that Yamato acted as a crutch for Nero's ability, so when he lost it at the start of 5, along with his Devil Bringer, he had to relearn how to use his DT abilities. It also didn't help that he also ended up relying on his Cyberarm.

If Capcom end up making 6, with Nero retaking the center stage as main character, it probably would have that as an character arc. As I recall, Dante and Vergil had years, not to mention decades of learning, plus they were already aware of their possible power set due to Sparda.

It just seems that Nero has a more steep learning curve due to being 1/4th Devil, opposed to Vergil/Dante's 1/2.
Bro what did you even play DMCV. Nero comes into a power all of his own right by the end of the game when he has enough pf Dante and Vergil's city killing family drama bullshit

Bro what did you even play DMCV. Nero comes into a power all of his own right by the end of the game when he has enough pf Dante and Vergil's city killing family drama bullshit

You say Nero comes into a power all of his own at the end, I say he hasn't finished growing to Dante and Vergil's level. I never said Nero was weak or incompetent. And frankly, Nero sucker punched both Dante and Vergil to stop them from killing each other.

Whatever dude, I'm not here to argue.

>Gets a completely different devil trigger from the twins that has Vergil ask what the fuck is going on

>It being an obvious book closing to Sparda's story and passing the torch to Nero

Ah well you do you

Curious how you handle Orbs and powering up with the god of space and time.

I think the running theory is that using blue and purple orbs gives a massive boost in power but it's only temporary and overtime you weaken and while you end up a bit stronger then you had been your not as strong as you were.

Why dante had to mess with those every game.

Chapter 3
Devil Bring It On!

Chapter 3

Double or Nothing

After a little rest and a practice run on some more small fry I started to get a proper gauge of my limits. And as a bonus, I got a cool scythe out of the deal to replace my cleaver. It was the standard fair used by the hell caina, low-level skeletal undead demons (there were a lot of different demons of that type in hell for some reason) but it was better than nothing.

I could only bring out the spectral arm for a few seconds at a time, with a short cooldown between uses. Seems I couldn't just use it constantly. Not yet at least, probably needed more practice with it.

Still awakening the Devil Bringer properly allowed me to finally get the Yamato shard out of my arm. Maybe my drive to live in that last fight made it see me as worthy? Something to inquire into later.

So I held the shard in my right hand like a razor blade or guitar pick and swung it through the air a couple of times, changing my stance each time. Never saw Nero cut space with it but I knew this body had the potential to pull it off. If Balrog could use a Yamato shard to get out of the Demon Realm, then one with the body of Sparda's grandson, Vergil's son definitely could.

"Well technique seems to be out of the question as to how to pull it off," I said to no one in particular. "Perhaps I just need to put in more power? It's only a shard after all, might need some more out of me to match the full package."

And put in more power I did. I poured every drop of demonic power I could muster into the fragment, which drank it up like a man dying of thirst. I focused my thoughts on imitating Vergil's ability to make portals with the blade, keeping those scenes in my mind's eye. And then I slashed with all my might. Once vertically and another horizontally.

There was a noise as if metal was grinding against metal and I felt the resistance from space itself as I tore at it but I pushed on through. I did it!

It was murky at the edges and all I could see was blackness on the other side but I made a portal!

I hurriedly reabsorbed the shard for safekeeping and stepped into the portal.

Only to find myself still in Hell on the other side. Well, to be exact it seems I was still in hell but another section of it of it.
Instead of a red rocky wasteland, I found myself in an obsidian desert with volcanoes and lava flows strewn all over. The temperature was unbearable. Instead of a sun in eternal eclipse, I saw several moons peak out of a cloudy sky all in different phases. And as a cherry on top of it all my nose was assaulted by the smell of rotten eggs.

Seems like the first try won't cut it. I'd need to do a bit of practice to get it done right. Though first things first I needed to sit down for a bit, the shard might have drunk too deep into my reserves to pull that off so I needed a breather.

As I sat on a nearby jutting rock like a bench, I found something peculiar. The portal wasn't closed yet, which was strange as I recall Vergil's portals closed quite shortly after he made them. Maybe because my cut wasn't as "clean" so to speak, the fabric of space needed more time to heal? Or maybe it's just portals lasted longer while in the Demon Realm? I could theorize to the reason all day.

I entered the portal again to find myself back on the other side in the same place I entered it initially, back on the rocky plateau. Well better here than in that oven of a new hell.

I looked back at the portal and then decided to try something different. As I stood in front of the portal, I brought out the Yamato shard again poured power into it once more and tried to visualize the portal closing in my mind. And nothing happened.

'Well if the Yamato shard won't be able to close it maybe the Rebellion could?' I thought. 'It seems to have the opposite powers, unifying and binding instead of dividing and cutting. At least that's what Dante implied before he awakened his Sin Devil Trigger.'

So I reabsorbed the Yamato shard and pulled out my locket from under my hoodie. I opened it up and took out the Rebellion shard.

I imitated the stance I took when making the portal with the Yamato shard and poured power into it, again this shard drank deeply of my reserves. This time I placed it at the edge of the portal and pulled.

There was a similar resistance to when I opened the portal but just like that time I pushed on through. And like that the shard acted like a zipper pull and slider mending the hole in space.

"Okay, that's good to know," I said. "I won't be accidentally leaving a bunch of portals for demons to jump through now."

As I placed the shard back in the locket, my mind drifted back to thinking about said locket and what put me here.

That locket was the only clue I had about how I got here, so I had to ask myself why I was given it. Sure it contained the shards of two very useful swords in it and was even able to hide their presence but there had to be more to it than that. If they wanted to just give me the shards they could have just had them pre-absorbed into my Devil Bringer or given me a letter or something with them in a box. Was it all part of some test to see if I was worthy of what they gave me?

I looked over it a few times since I got here and all I saw was that emblem of the lion and the hourglass and that it was a smooth golden oval with a golden chain. It felt like it could have been placed on a Divinity statue and it wouldn't be out of place.

This was the first time I examined it since the fight with the blitzes.

"So Deity of Time and Space, huh, at least I think you're the one that put me here" I said to the sky. "Does anything carrying your symbol act as a divinity statue? I remember Nico had a small one in her van that seemed to function like the big ones. Is this necklace meant to be a portable one?"

Wait, that could just be it.

'How did they activate divinity statues if they weren't just gameplay abstractions for the ability and item shop?,' I thought. 'Tried praying already, however half-heartedly. Maybe it needs some demonic power put into it?'

Seems like infusing things with demonic power was the veritable hammer that made all my problems look like nails. Can you blame me though? If you got superpowers wouldn't you want to try them out at every opportunity?

Still given how variable demonic power proved to be it was worth a shot.

So I held the locket in my right arm and gave a push of power into it. The locket started to glow golden, going ever brighter and brighter as I pumped more power into it. Even the Devil Bringer started to glow golden as it resonated with the locket. Shit, it'd act as a beacon for a bunch of demons to find out where I am. I tried to cut the feed, tried to let go but the locket kept on draining me of my power and forced my arm into a death grip.

I fell to my knees and blacked out. The last thing I noticed was a storm was approaching.

I don't know how long I was out for. A few minutes? A few hours? What I did know was two things. I didn't wake up where I fainted and I was by some miracle still alive.

The locket that drained me dry was still around my neck and my right hand was still clasped around it. The glow had faded and I could move my arm again it seems, well I would have had I not been held down by a couple of demons.

Surprise surprise turns out blacking out in the demon realm wasn't a good idea after all. The storm cloud delivered demons to me again, and it wasn't just blitzes again this time. Instead of was a group of plasmas. Large one eyed bats made out of electricity that could shapeshift in electric doppelgangers of their opponents and rapidly replicate themselves, oh yeah they could shoot lasers from their eyes too. There were four of them and they currently took on a form imitating my body having electric copies of the scythe I held each pointed at me ready to tear me apart.

What really caught my eye however was the woman in front of me. Well she was a demon obviously but the form she took was very human. She sat on a jade throne surrounded by mist that hovered a foot above the ground, she had black hair, pale skin and piercing green eyes that looked like they almost glowed in their intensity. She wore a green toga with silver trim and had I been in another situation I probably would have noticed her almost ethereal beauty more. The only thing that made her stand out as something more than human were the large silver wings she had tucked behind her back.

"Ah, so you've awoken. So my subjects did not deceive me. A human in the demon realm, and such a handsome one at that. Truly fortune smiles upon me," I heard her speak.

I found my throat dry and my voice horse but I was able to struggle out these words.

"Yeah, and who are you lady?," I said

"Oh, how rude of me. Introductions are in order. My name is Talaria, known far and wide as the Witch of the Winds. And it seems you, my little struggling morsel, are my ticket out of this drab realm."

"If I knew how to get out of here lady, I'd have been gone a long time ago," I said.

I had no clue where the confidence was coming from given my situation but maybe it was a coping mechanism, maybe it was anger at being captured like that. Either way, I wasn't feeling the most cooperative with this demon.

"You're a human within in the demon realm and you're saying you don't have a way out? Please, child, I wasn't born yesterday," Talaria said. "How did you get in then little one? I saw you make that portal young man, every demon within a great distance was able to sense you make such a thing. The light show you provided afterward didn't exactly help either, it was like you wanted to be found. You're lucky it was I that found you first or else you'd have ended up as a snack for my more… uncivilized brethren."

'Don't really feel all that lucky,' I thought to myself, though I knew on some level she was right. 'Still gotta think fast or else she might decide to act like those aforementioned brethren.'

"You may be right miss… Talaria was it? But I probably can't help as long as I'm restrained like this," I said head gesturing to the plasmas that were holding me at scythe point.

"Oh that was just a bit of insurance, I saw what you did to the blitzes I sent at you earlier. I don't want any more of that behavior." She said.

She snapped her fingers and her honor guard stepped back, their scythes still ready for combat but I now had a little breathing room.

"See, I can be reasonable. Now, chop chop, get to making an opening to the human realm. I did save your life after all." she continued.

"Oh yeah, and what do you plan on doing there?" I asked. "Gonna gobble up a bunch of people like candy"

"Perhaps, perhaps not. I know my subjects would partake in such festivities but I have a more refined palette than them."

I was afraid of something like this happening, it was only a matter of time before I bit off more than I could chew while stuck in this realm. Guess it was time to use that, despite how little I wanted to. And letting this demon out into the human realm guaranteed people would die, die because I wasn't strong enough.

"Okay, okay I give. I don't know how to break out of here yet but I'll give it a try for you," I said.

I got on my feet and dusted myself off and took a look around again.

Seems we were at the precipice between different kinds of hell. The same red rocky plateau I was used to was meeting up with what seemed like a beach of green waters and purple sand.

I opened my locket, and took out the Rebellion shard again, I put it in my right arm. Gathered all the will I could, charged it with demonic power and then…

I stabbed it into my left palm.

Why'd I do this you ask?

Well, it was because of a few things I knew. Getting stabbed by the Rebellion helped Dante unlock his demon form. Getting injured in his right arm helped Nero awaken the Devil Bringer. And demonic power followed one's intent.

My circumstances were very different and I didn't have the full thing on me, I knew that but it was worth a shot anyways.

There was a soft red glow at first in my closed fist, then a swell of blinding blue light enveloped it.

Of course, my audience wasn't exactly cooperative with my little show.

"You stop that this instant!," Talaria screeched batting me with hurricane force winds knocking me on my back.

The plasmas each embedded a scythe into my body and flooded it with electricity.

I should have been dead several times over but with what was going on inside my soul, I barely noticed.

As the surge of electricity stopped and the light faded, I raised from the ground as if lifted by invisible strings.

The shard was still in my left hand, but the hand itself was now changed.

My left arm had become a mirror to my right arm, my gambit worked, I'd awakened another Devil Bringer. The left arm glowed a red while the right arm glowed blue.

I summoned two spectral arms out and batted away the plasmas. I looked Talaria directly in the eyes and then smiled.

"Alright lady, change of plans. You guys either leave me alone or get to meet the fate of the last demons that decided I was an easy meal," I said.

"A pity, I would have liked to have had your co-operation. You'd have made an excellent consort," Talaria replied. "But if you won't obey then it seems I'll need to discipline you myself."

She got off her throne, standing a good 8 feet tall she looked down at me.

But that didn't matter, I felt on top of the world.

"Let's Dance!," I said, beckoning her to come at me

Author's Note: Well here's chapter 3.
Did the ending make sense to you?
Or was it too sudden?
I hope things are okay.

Honestly every chapter I'm worried I've jumped the shark so to speak.

Please air out your concerns or hopes in the comments.

Had the image of Double Devil Bringers stuck in my head since I first played DMC4 and wanted to see them realized in some way outside of how DMC5 did it and how this mod did it.

Last edited:
Neat! Another devil bringer. It makes a lot of sense. I was wondering why Rebellion did not go into the other Devil bringer. When your MC devil triggers he is going to have some interesting-looking arms with swords in them.

Wonder if you are getting a Devil arm if you beat this demon. Would be interesting since they are sentient. If so when you bring her out she got a part of what she wanted.

Did the ending make sense to you?
Or was it too sudden?
I hope things are okay.
Nah its fine .devil tend to detect portal and change in space time by instinct so it isnt that strange for a powerful local to notice it .

She must be a relatively "new" demon then since she dont know sparda 's scent/power/aura from the mc and the shards and while the end of the chapter lead to a fight diplomacy can come later after he beat her .

Another thing .Does mc takeover nero body or just have a copy of one?
.And what happen to OG nero?

Nah its fine .devil tend to detect portal and change in space time by instinct so it isnt that strange for a powerful local to notice it .

She must be a relatively "new" demon then since she dont know sparda 's scent/power/aura from the mc and the shards and while the end of the chapter lead to a fight diplomacy can come later after he beat her .

I like to think that Nero is about to get an unexpected twin brother...and Kyrie gets another partner that can help her fulfill her dp and spitroast fetish that's been sadly unfulfilled.

Wonder what other demons are coming. This demon lady don't seem to recognise the energy of Yamato but said a lot sensed it. So it's a matter of time till someone who does come. Either from Sparda's time or someone that fought his descendants.

It didnt seem to be implied .nero just straight up ARE slower than dante and vergil in both demonic power manipulation , combat talent and precision .Nero cant learn new skill on the fly , control new power and devil arms instantly when he got them and cant do shit like that pool ball thing dante do in dmc 3

Interesting interesting 2 devil bringers huh I guess he's gonna have to wait until he gets his True Devil Trigger like Nero to get the ability to switch from normal human arm to the partial devil trigger arm that is the Devil Bringer.

Well spoilers I guess but since you asked I might as well say it.
Will's in a copy of Nero's body. Simply because even with the help of a god I doubt Will's soul would be strong enough to possess a Nero who was present in his body. His soul has been modified to have the same potential as Nero does. That and I like Nero, wouldn't want to possess him despite how awesome his powers are.
No offense, but this felt way too short to be properly satisfying. Good chapter, in terms of what was written, but not a good length, I feel.
No offense taken.

Ah, trying to improve on that front. I tried to make it longer than the last chapters but I take it I need to go further.

Did you feel that I needed to lengthen the scenes a bit? Or just that you wanted more content in general? Was the ending too abrupt?

I'll just ask outright.

To all the readers present would you guys prefer shorter chapters but faster release dates like now or would you prefer longer chapters but slower release dates?
Again I'm trying to improve my speed to get the best of both worlds but at the moment it'll have to be a choice between the two.

Will's in a copy of Nero's body. Simply because even with the help of a god I doubt Will's soul would be strong enough to possess a Nero who was present in his body. His soul has been modified to have the same potential as Nero does. That and I like Nero, wouldn't want to possess him despite how awesome his powers are.

No offense taken.

Ah, trying to improve on that front. I tried to make it longer than the last chapters but I take it I need to go further.

Did you feel that I needed to lengthen the scenes a bit? Or just that you wanted more content in general? Was the ending too abrupt?

I'll just ask outright.

To all the readers present would you guys prefer shorter chapters but faster release dates like now or would you prefer longer chapters but slower release dates?
Again I'm trying to improve my speed to get the best of both worlds but at the moment it'll have to be a choice between the two.
Speed pls

Personally, I think it's the cliffhangers that are making it feel too short. Think of it like this: in the Devil May Cry series, they never stopped the "mission" just before a boss fight, right? There was still some content you could've put into the chapter. Almost 3k words isn't bad, but my brain is too used to 5k+ chapters to like the length.

Honestly I'd prefer a bit of a wait for a longer chapter, but that's just me. Why not start a poll to see results a bit quicker without having to read a bunch of replies?

Just do what make you feel comfortable .

Really if you dont really motivated to write that day.do it short .
But if your muse is active that day do it long
Im happy either way.

undefined
Well thats what im hoping for.The only thing left is to find an excuse about his existence

Just do what make you feel comfortable .

Really if you dont really motivated to write that day.do it short .
But if your muse is active that day do it long
Im happy either way.

Well thats what im hoping for.The only thing left is to find an excuse about his existence
Put the blame on Vergil

Not sure if someone talked about it already. But I can see two ways Yamato can be used by Will other than the whole cutting space and things apart. Will can gain a stand, with the way Yamato works and how we got V and Urizen. As long as the MC does not go the full Separation route. He can get a stand. Either like Nero's devil trigger or the doppelganger style. The other way would be like the White dragon from DXD whose's power is to divine an enemy's powers. With rebellion in hand, he can absorb the power he splits from demons.

Hell, you can even use Rebellion to forcefully bind demon power or demon blood to items. To make them sentient to make minions or weapons.

Speaking of demon power... I'm curious if the sword fragments can work on things other than demons. If they can fuse and separate humans and demons. He should be able to affect other things. Like ghosts and other supernatural or anything in general.

Also, dude about DMC fics. Don't worry about it and go nuts. Go over the top. It would be weird if you didn't. Even if they are fragments. They are powers of the legendary Sparda and you are in hell. A place full of EXP-gushing enemies and minions to recruit. Demons respect and care about one thing only power. So just beat them into submission or something and get them to give you their names or something. I remember Sparda ripping out some angel or demon names to seal them. It should work to get you a contract with them.

Just imagine yourself as the Demifiend from SMT and the next few days or hours is your time frame for a grinding montage to be strong enough to punch god like deities into submission.

Your only problem would be that you are on a timer. It's inevitable for an actual big dog to find you so just grind away and start subjugating.

Neat! Another devil bringer. It makes a lot of sense. I was wondering why Rebellion did not go into the other Devil bringer. When your MC devil triggers he is going to have some interesting-looking arms with swords in them.

EdWonder if you are getting a Devil arm if you beat this demon. Would be interesting since they are sentient. If so when you bring her out she got a part of what she wanted.
I don't think Nero can get a devil arm yet. The devilbringer is an incomplete DT, and is constantly trying to complete itself. That would be why Nero absorbed part of the bosses into his devil bringer to strengthen it; instead of turning them to devil arms.

Longer chapters

I don't think Nero can get a devil arm yet. The devilbringer is an incomplete DT, and is constantly trying to complete itself. That would be why Nero absorbed part of the bosses into his devil bringer to strengthen it; instead of turning them to devil arms.
Hm interesting theory. Though I'm not sure about the relation between DT and devil arm creation/acquisition.

Nero's sample size is also pretty small. Of the bosses he actually killed in DMC4 I think he might have killed the frog (or perhaps I'm misremembering) and Sanctus a former human. Dante himself didn't seem to get Devil Arms from the bosses either during 4. And in DMC5 Nero didn't really have conscious control of his demon power (outside of apparently air hike still being a thing) until the very end.

Dante got Cerberus and Agni and Rudra before awakening his DT in DMC3. Agni and Rudra to be fair were already in devil arm form but Cerberus' soul was converted to a devil arm just fine without interacting with Dante's DT. So at the very least Devil Arms can be made with consent of the demon they are made from regardless of whether the wielder has fully awakened their DT.

It didnt seem to be implied .nero just straight up ARE slower than dante and vergil in both demonic power manipulation , combat talent and precision .Nero cant learn new skill on the fly , control new power and devil arms instantly when he got them and cant do shit like that pool ball thing dante do in dmc 3

Yeah kinda funny DMC4 Nero went from someone dante was playing with a complete non threat.

If I understand right though Nero is barely stronger then a boss devil. Enough to fight a defeat them not enough to kill one.

Then DMC 5 Nero started off even weaker then that basically at the strength of a mini boss like a Frost.. it was only the breaker that got him back up to where he was maybe a little stronger.

Then despite Dante and Vergil getting massive power ups to what I call beyond demon lord level. After Nero's DT he got just as strong as them without any outside source like they did.

All that speculation for the future when the powers of both shards and devil blood has been fully awakened.

Yeah DT has nothing to do with Devil arms.

All that is needed is the soul of a powerful devil.

It can be freely given like what Cerberus did or forcibly forged like what Vergil did to beowulf.

The only ones that might have needed DT were ifrit and Alastair.

Nero relied on his Devil Bringer and didn't learn how to channel his demonic power in DMC 4. When he lost it, it was as if he had no demonic power inside himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back