• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Devil Bring It On! (Multicross OC Insert, Devil May Cry Start)

Chapter Length and release speed preference?

• Shorter chapters but faster release (Current schedule)

Votes: 120 45.5%
  • Longer Chapters but slower release.

Votes: 144 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean he need to learn to control the demonic energies first .Then the world is his oyster cos demonic power can basically do anything

i found this

latest

Oh my fucking gods i hate that boulder throwing bitch ,it took me ages to get past her in spartan mode
Sweet!!! Maybe black themed?

If he is the only one that doesn't get the ability to fly that will be a shame lol literally everyone else can fly with DT he doesn't need to have the same DT as Nero but flight is not Nero Exclusive lol.
It's possible for Nero to fly without DT. Flap flop (I think that's the name) in DMC 5 is basically Nero using his wings to boost his jump and then glide to the floor

Just as he was able to gain abilities from demonic artefacts, do you think Nero can replicate some abilities of his Devil Breakers?

Just as he was able to gain abilities from demonic artefacts, do you think Nero can replicate some abilities of his Devil Breakers?
I think it's possible for him to emulate some Devil Breaker abilities via demonic power but I imagine it'd be less efficient or powerful than just using the breakers themselves. It would probably vary on a case by case basis.
The breakers that have a more technological focus like tomboy I imagine would drain demonic power fairly fast to emulate. Or something like punchline which uses Goliaths essence as just rocket fuel iirc would probably get a very different result if it was just Nero directly absorbing his essence.

I figure the best comparison would be Quicksilver Style vs Ragtime.

Ragtime allowed more precision application of the time distortion on Nero's end vs Dante only being able to slow everything down at once.

So tl;dr yes but results may be radically different from their breaker form if he just absorbed the demon bits directly.

I think it's possible for him to emulate some Devil Breaker abilities via demonic power but I imagine it'd be less efficient or powerful than just using the breakers themselves. It would probably vary on a case by case basis.
The breakers that have a more technological focus like tomboy I imagine would drain demonic power fairly fast to emulate. Or something like punchline which uses Goliaths essence as just rocket fuel iirc would probably get a very different result if it was just Nero directly absorbing his essence.

I figure the best comparison would be Quicksilver Style vs Ragtime.

Ragtime allowed more precision application of the time distortion on Nero's end vs Dante only being able to slow everything down at once.

So tl;dr yes but results may be radically different from their breaker form if he just absorbed the demon bits directly.
Royalguard lite: Jocky (gerbera) + "Hold"
Trickster/ Quicksilver lite: "Table Hopper" + Slow Sphere (ragtime) + Jocky (gerbera) at his feet
Hell on earth (Beowulf ultimate) lite: Rocket Punch (punchline)

Chapter 5
Devil Bring It On!

Chapter 5

Ragnarok Revised

"Okay, just push some demonic power into me and visualize yourself stepping into the sky," Talaria said. "It should be that simple. Flying came to me naturally, merely sky walking should be much easier for even a novice such as you."

"Oh, I just have to pour demonic power into you? Oh, wait I have to pour demonic power into you. I, um… how do I put this?" I said. "Don't exactly know how to do that. The only thing I can really pump power into is my arms."

"You've gotta be kidding me!," Talaria said exasperated. "If you know how to push it through your arms you should know how to push it through the rest of your body."

"Don't know what to tell you Talaria," I said. I'm pretty new at all this. It's only been a few hours or had it been days? I don't know how time works here yet either. "

"That's, that's beside the point. You know what, ugh fine. You can just pump power into me with your arms every once in a while before we try to teach you how to use your power properly," she replied.

It felt pretty awkward crouching down and grabbing the boots with my Devil Bringers but as Talaria started to grow a brilliant green and I started to hover a foot off the ground I felt it working.

So began a cycle of me running for a few minutes at blistering speeds across the lake in my path, and crouching down while hovering in the air to pour some power into Talaria from my arms when she'd tell me I was about to run out.

Talaria ran out of power again just as we finished crossing the lake. I really needed to figure out how to pump power into her more directly soon or else this would get old really fast. Still, I crouched down on the beach to take in my surroundings.

We seemed to have reached a new region of the demon world. A dark forest of trees with grey bark and black leaves, each of which glowed with flowing veins of azure demonic power. Despite their unusual appearance the forest itself smelled very.. Earth-like, as if I was in a forest in the human realm.

At the edge of the horizon, I could see a gigantic tree towering over the rest of the forest brushing against the cloudtops, and while that would usually be a bad omen considering what I knew of demon trees like the blood-harvesting Qliphoth this one seemed to be of a different make. It looked like a massively overgrown version of the trees surrounding it.

"Eh, got any idea what's with those trees?" I asked Talaria. "It ain't a Qliphoth is it?"

"No, it's not a Qliphoth, you'd see a lot more demons fighting over control of the territory if it were that," Talaria replied. "This is Mimameidr forest, the hunting ground of Bolverk."

"Wait Bolverk? The same guy that fought Sparda in the past? Giant black skeleton wielding a spear with two pet wolves? That guy?," I asked.

"While I've heard he's fought Sparda before I do not know his appearance as he's stuck to his forest for a long time. My, my for someone so new at this you seem to know a lot of stuff you shouldn't."

"It's the visions, don't worry about it," I responded.

"Very well. He normally doesn't get out of his base in the trees from what I was taught by Father," she said. "We should be able to make safe passage past the forest from above. That should be enough energy to take us past it."

I climbed up into the air using the boots and was about to sprint past the forest when I saw a pale blue light coming from the top of the largest tree, it got bigger second by second, until I realized it was coming at me.

I dove to the side, and found myself falling for a few seconds before correcting myself to have Talaria under me.

"What the hell was that?," I said. "Shit, here comes another one."

Again the blue light came at me like a laser and again I dodged to the side.

"That was Bolverk," Talaria answered. "It seems he hasn't taken too kindly to us coming onto his territory"

I needed to get to cover instead of being out in the open in the sky like this.

It was a choice between going above the clouds or diving into the forest itself. Given how I needed to periodically recharge Talaria I took my chances in the forest.

There were guaranteed to be demons there but it was better than falling out of the sky while being sniped from that giant tree.

I shot down into the forest with a diving kick to accelerate my fall.

Once I got past the canopy I hit the ground running and sprinted past the trees I could.

Jump, jump, slide, slide. I zipped to and fro to get past the gnarled roots and the occasional fallen tree.

I didn't even bother floating anymore focusing purely on speed. I kept going full blast burning through the demonic power by the second.

Eventually, Talaria ran out of juice and my pace dropped considerably.

It was only then that the static cleared and I was aware that Talaria was trying to say something.

"Stop running you idiot!" She chastised me. "He stopped firing once we got past the treetops."

I stopped and leaned on a nearby tree and panted catching my breath.

I looked around and all I could see was black and grey with only azure light from the trees and the red and blue from my arms illuminating the area.

"Why'd you tell me to stop," I said. "I want us to get out of this place fast."

"This is Bolverk's hunting ground, can't you tell what he's done to it? He's folded the space around itself so we can't leave," Talaria explained. "Besides, running around like a scared and confused animal is exactly what he wants."

"Folding Space on itself?" I said confused. "How the hell did he manage to do that, I don't remember him having that trick in the game. Thought that was Echidna's thing."

"Game? Never mind," Talaria said. "He is a demon who, despite his preference for direct confrontation, has a great talent for sorcery. It took me some time to recognize it but this forest, it's all one giant sorcerous working by him. The trees gather ambient demonic power from the earth and air and feed it all to the great tree in the center, and in turn Bolverk himself. It's all one giant artificial leyline."

"How'd you figure all that out while I was running?," I asked. "

"Only thing I can do like this is to observe the surroundings and talk to you," Talaria said. "Besides, we demons can naturally detect the flow of demonic power and distortions in space. Bolverk didn't even seem to hide what he'd done from us."

'Must really want a good fight,' I thought. 'Then again considering my situation maybe he really wanted to fight a descendant of Sparda'
"Okay, well if he's folded space around itself, then I'll just cut it," I said bringing out the Yamato shard from my right arm.

I infused power into it and got into the stance to make a tear.

I dragged the blade against the resisting fabric of space, but it was different this time.

It seemed harder to do here for some reason, perhaps due to the folded space?

Then I saw it coming at me again.

The blue light from before this time from the canopy came lancing down at me.

In the split second I dodged it I finally got a good look at what it was.

Was that a glowing spear?

Seemed like being in that tree was amping up Bolverk more than I thought if he could toss and retrieve his spear this far now.

I absorbed the Yamato shard and started running through the foliage again trying to get away from his target range again.

'Seems like making a portal is just a path to giving away our location,' I thought.

"Damn it all," I said. "What do we do now?"

"Only thing we can do is confront him head on," Talaria added in.

"While he's amped up by that tree?" I asked incredulously. "You're crazy."

"It's either that or wait it out and get weaker over time," Talaria said. "We're in the palm of his hand, might as well stab it."

I stopped running for a moment, caught in indecision. Wracking my brain for options.

Skywalking would just get us pierced by the spear, we can't walk out due to the folded space, portaling out with the Yamato shard would just get me stabbed while I focused on making it, and waiting around would get us nowhere.

I sighed.

"Seems you're right," I said. "We saw the trajectory of his spear, so we know where he is, we might as well get it over with."

I started walking towards the tree slowly looking around for anything to get my mind off the coming fight.

When my eyes fell on the locket again.

'This stupid thing nearly killed me last time I tried using it,' I thought. 'But I need any edge I can get in the upcoming fight.'

I opened the locket and was surprised to see a light shining from inside it.

The inner face of the locket was like the lens of a projector, and out came a hologram.

There were several things that were apparent looking at what was projected.

One a translucent sphere with an arrow on the inside that seemed to be a three dimensional compass?

The second was a series of numbers that were constantly shifting. It took me a second to realize it was a countdown timer.

37:18:56:25

These were the numbers I saw. The question was what was it counting down to? Was it an indicator of how much time I had left here?

'Of course, they could never just be straightforward couldn't they?' I thought.

What really caught my eye though was the glint of red among all the golden letters.

The symbol of a red orb was there and beside it was a number.

A little under 6000. That's all I managed to scrounge up in my time here.

Still it answered the question of why I didn't see any drop from the demons I'd slain. The locket absorbed them all from a distance.

What kind of video gamey bullshit was this?

I knew the answer already, but I was perplexed at the way it was presented.

It was a way to trade red orbs with the Deity of Time and Space for access to abilities.

Seems pumping in all that demonic power before Talaria snatched me up had awakened the locket's true functions.

I focused in on the red orb indicator and spoke my wish to my benefactor.

"Yo, Watcher of Time, can you answer me this time?" I said.

I waited for a few moments to no avail.

'Wait, let's try the formal route now, Will,' I thought, trying to suppress my annoyance. 'Maybe that'll work instead of the more crude route.'

"Oh Deity of Time and Space, what can I be granted in exchange for this meager offering?," I spoke to the god hoping they would answer my prayers for once.

I heard two voices in my head resonate together. A soft female voice and a harsh bestial male voice.

"Knowledge and Power," said the voices in unison.

As soon as I heard those words, images of different actions or items flashed before my eyes all at once.

Different orbs of demonic material, the weapons and fragments I had on my person, and what looked like myself doing a few different attacks with my weapons and more.

It took a minute for me to reorient myself after receiving those visions, but I now knew what I had to work with.

While I couldn't do much with my budget, I could at least increase my odds against Bolverk ever so slightly.

I chose to purchase the ability to double jump also known as Air Hike. It would allow me to generate a magical glyph under my feet which would serve as a platform to jump off of. While it seemed useless now that I had Talaria it was more for the fact that it would grant me the knowledge of how to infuse demonic power through my legs so I could better use Talaria. I chose to invest the rest of the orbs into the shards in my arms. Incomplete as they were it seemed the two had a chance to grow according to the Deity.

Resolute in my fate I continued my march onwards.

"You've been quiet for a while now Talaria," I said to my companion.

"I was just taken aback by what I just saw you do with that necklace," she said. "The mentions of visions, the golden light, and finally your prayer being answered. Had I known you'd been favored by the Watcher of Time, I'd never have fought you in the first place."

"Huh, why so? Scared of lions?" I teased.

"Nothing as simple as mere fear of those feline fiends," she said. "The Watcher of Time has been known as a patron god to many warriors and demon hunters alike throughout history and in a time long past was herself known as a great warrior that could rival the power of the greatest demon kings. No one knows why she disappeared but in the time since those that received her blessing have been known to change the very course of the world itself. And now it appears you have been granted said blessing."

'And to think I thought she was only a gameplay thing,' I thought. 'Wonder why she chose me of all people.'

"Sounds like a lot of pressure," I said. "Could have at least asked before making me commit."

"You've been granted the opportunity to grow to rival the strongest of demons and you wish that they took it back?" Talaria asked. "I think I'll never understand humans if this is how they act when granted such a blessing."

"When you put it like that now I just feel like an ungrateful jerk," I said. "Just wish I got a bit more of a hea-"

Suddenly as I walked through the forest the azure lights through all the trees that had guided our way went out like someone cut the power.

Just what was going on?

I looked through the dark forest for a few moments only guided by the lights of my arms.

A few minutes went by, and we heard the rustling of leaves and the rattling of chains.

As far as I knew this forest only had trees and Bolverk himself inside.

And chains, I remembered Bolverk's wolves, Freki and Geri had chains on them. If I was right we were about to have some very unfriendly company.

I infused power into Talaria, ready to run at a moment's notice.

That's when it came.

A large black wolf the size of a school bus was rushing forward like a freight train, knocking trees aside and paying no heed for what was in front of it.

I ran to the side and focused power into my arms, ready for it to come at me.

Only for it to run past and completely ignore me.

"Okay then?" I said. "What was that even about?"

"Oh never mind that creature, probably a beast that Bolverk hunts for sport. You need to stay sharp, we're about to reach the central tree," Talaria said.

I snapped to alertness at that. She was right. I could handle the wolf later, right now I had to focus on Bolverk.

We were approaching a clearing in the forest. The canopy gave way to clear skies and I looked up and up and saw the giant tree.

Just like the rest of the forest, the blue glow it had earlier had faded entirely leaving dull grey bark.

However there was something I saw I didn't expect. Damage at the base of the tree like something tore itself free from a cage of branches and roots.

It clicked for me when I saw the glint of metal on the ground.

Broken chains.

'This must be where he kept that giant wolf,' I thought. 'Was it related to why the forest stopped glowing?'

"You can admire that stuff later," Talaria said. "We've got a demon to fight."

And as if on cue a familiar blue light came rushing towards me.

The spear descended and I dodged as I could toward the large tree.

When I saw the spear land I expected it to fade, or fly back towards the top of the tree. Instead there was a flash of light and now holding the spear was a large black demonic horned skeleton that glowed yellow from the inside. He wore rocky armor that matched his bones, his left eye socket had large cracks above it and instead of feet his legs ended on to pointed spikes that hovered above the ground. He was accompanied by two large white wolves, whom I knew as Freki and Geri, with chains on their bodies. All three were wreathed in a blue aura of demonic power.

'Damn, he really wants me dead if he decided to Devil Trigger immediately,' I thought. 'Or maybe that's how he's using the forest's power? Doesn't matter either way, gotta take him down.'

He wasted no time to go on the offensive.

He lunged at me with his spear. I jumped straight up to dodge and stood in the air above him.

I summoned my two spectral arms and tried to hammer him with them.

The white wolves intercepted the blow, and were knocked aside by my arms.

I tried to dive kick their master but he already shifted position.

He stabbed at me with his spear but I blocked by crossing my Devil Bringers. That wasn't enough though, the force was too great and I was sent flying.

My body hit a tree at the edge of the clearing and careened through a bunch of branches. It took a moment for me to reorient myself.

Freki and Geri jumped at me to capitalize on that moment.

They both caught onto a Devil Bringer each with their jaws.

While the arms remained undamaged I could feel the pressure on my limbs. If they kept it up they might pierce the flesh.

They both tried to pull me in opposite directions.

How the hell were they so strong? I should be able to throw them across the entire forest with the strength in my arms. Did the boost from the tree really make them that powerful?

Bolverk himself meanwhile focused power into his spear. A large blue blade of energy sprouted from it increasing its length by a factor of ten.

He then slashed down at me with the blade.

I did the only thing I could do.

Kick as hard as I could with Talaria.

A massive gust met the blue light head-on.

And it sadly lost the struggle.

It wasn't until the energy blade met my armored leg was the blade deterred.

While he had a massive leverage advantage it was just enough to deflect the blow.

The blade receded and Bolverk readied himself for another slash.

'Nope, not letting you get another chance,' I thought

I started to climb up the air dragging the two wolves off the ground.

Now that they lost their footing they were much easier to toss around.

Bolverk on his part didn't miss a beat. He readied to throw his spear at me.

It was only the fact that I bent my arms and used the wolves as a shield that caused him to hesitate.

They must have realized what their master was doing and let go of my arms falling to the ground.

Bolverk as if on cue tossed the spear at me full force.

It was right on target, I was too close to dodge. On reflex, I summoned and crossed my spectral arms to block the attack.

And the spear soared right on through them like they were paper mache.

I felt a backlash from getting both spectral limbs shattered, a phantom pain in my arms that left me in a daze.

A split second later the spear impacted my actual arms.

Blood flew.

A gash was made in my right Devil Bringer, which had the spear embedded in it an inch deep.

The force of the impact sent me sliding backward in the air.

A moment later Bolverk was next to the spear, he pulled the spear out, spun vertically in the air and performed an axe kick that had enough force to shatter the platform of air I stood on and send me crashing towards the ground.

This wasn't good. Not only was this guy ridiculously strong, while he was slower than Talaria was when she Devil Triggered, he was relentless, his fighting style gave me no time to think. No wonder this guy survived fighting Sparda.

Bolverk soon descended to the ground as well, focused power into his spear and-

Got charged by a giant black wolf.

The very same that passed us earlier in the forest.

It seemed to have shed its chains and it appeared they were waiting for an opportunity while Bolverk was distracted to make their move.

Or perhaps they did it to save my life.

Either way Bolverk was stuck in the beast's jaws, struggling against them while his bones were slowly being encased in ice.

Oh, the black wolf had some cryokinesis among its abilities.

Freki and Geri ignored me trying to aid their master.

Finally, I got some room to breathe. I got up and looked at my right arm.

There was a small scar but blue energy was in there soon mending it.

I focused power into Talaria and ran towards Freki and Geri.

Those two wouldn't stop my savior, damn it!

As soon as I caught up with them, I summoned my spectral arms again and grabbed them both with them.

I smashed them onto the ground rapidly before my arms could fade away.

I followed up with a series of spinning kicks with Talaria that a gust strong enough around me I looked like a mini tornado.

I just kept hammering at them, alternating between attacks with the Devil Bringers and Talaria until they stopped moving.

The two were either unconscious or dead by that point. The difference didn't mean much as I needed to check on Bolverk and the Black Wolf.

The two were fighting against each other at the side of the giant tree. Bolverk seemed to have gotten free somehow while I was distracted and there were shards of ice everywhere.

But things weren't looking good.

The wolf was heavily wounded, and while Bolverk showed new cracks on his armor and body he seemed to have the advantage.

The Black Wolf slashed at him with his claws only to be parried by Bolverk's spear.

Bolverk jumped backward further up into the tree and impaled his spear into it.

There was a spread of blue lines of energy from the point of contact into the tree and soon the branches and roots themselves came to life.

They tried to ensnare the Black Wolf as it summoned more ice to try to repel them.

It was a valiant effort but even when encased in ice the branches continued to encroach upon the wolf.

If things continued like this the wolf would die soon.

I had to do something.

I ran at full blast towards where Bolverk was, the roots tried to reach me as well but I was too fast at that point.

I charged power into my left arm and delivered as strong a blow as I could toward Bolverk.

He was knocked up to the great tree's canopy with the strength of the hit.

I looked back to see the Black Wolf again, only to find that it was completely encased in branches.

We locked eyes for a moment that conveyed the situation. We both knew they didn't have much time left.

"My name is Fenris," the wolf spoke in a pained voice. "That demon trapped me in this forest for a long time. Take my soul and avenge me."

That was all that was said, but it was enough to get the message across.

The light faded from the wolf's eyes and its body remained trapped in the branches as the orb of light that was its soul left it and entered my hands.

In an instant, I was holding two blades that were held together by a long chain and felt a surge of power in my body, and a fury enveloping my soul.

Fenris had truly given me everything he had left.

I looked up to the top of the tree to see Bolverk once again had his spear in hand.

He'd extended it with energy immensely and slashed at my side.

I focused power into the blades in my hands and they responded naturally.

Ice sprouted from them to make the blades grow by a factor of five.

I parried the spear with my blades, driving its point into the ground.

I ran up the energy blade itself and slashed at Bolverk.

My blades hit true and managed to slash his arms, breaking them and disarming him of his spear.

He was a skeleton held together purely by demonic will, so such a wound didn't mean much but the follow-up of freezing his entire body did.

I summoned my spectral arms and smashed them downward, cracking the ice and more of his body.

Each hit ate away at his power, tearing away at his reserves like a piece of meat.

I was seeing red, filled with anger that was not my own. I repeatedly froze and smashed him lost to the bloodlust of the blades.

By the time I regained my senses the only things that remained were ash and his spear.

I looked around to see the damage I'd done.

"Are you finished?" Talaria asked.

I looked down at the blades in my arms and felt nothing.

It seems they'd spent all their power and fury up.

"Yeah, I'm done," I said. "Let's get out of here."

"Space is still folded," Talaria said. "It seems killing him wasn't enough to undo that."

"I think I have the solution to that," I said.

I absorbed the blades into my left arm and walked up to Bolverk's spear.

"If I saw it right, he could control the tree branches with this spear," I said. "Maybe it holds authority over his other spells? If that doesn't work we can just cut our way out."

"Why was he so intent on killing you anyways?" Talaria asked.

"That's a bit out of the left field," I said. "But no point in hiding it from you I guess. This body carries the blood of Sparda."

"What!?" Talaria practically screeched. "Everyone in the demon world will want you dead for that fact and now you decide to tell me?"

"Hey, I don't think it's everyone," I said.

'Even if all the ones I met so far have tried,' I thought.

"We need to get out of this realm this instant," Talaria said in a panicked voice. " If Mundus finds us we'll both suffer fates worse than anything you can imagine.

"Wait Mundus?," I asked.

"The current Demon King," Talaria said "He broke his seal fifteen years ago and has been on a campaign to reconquer the demon realm ever since. Why do you think I was so desperate to escape this realm, he slayed my father when he resisted the conquering of his land and wished to finish the job by claiming my head."

"Okay, okay explain it to me while we run to the exit," I said. "We need to get to that convergence point between realms fast."

I grabbed Bolverk's spear and started running to the edge of the forest.

As I reached the edge I saw the warping in space like curved glass. I slashed at it with the spear and the distortion shattered.

If what she said was true I had all the reason in the world to waste no time on getting out.

Author's note:
I still have no idea how to write fight scenes.

The dual blades from Fenris look somewhat like this except they are black and connected by a chain at their base.

I was inspired to write this part while playing DMC2 after seeing the cool design that was Bolverk wasted in it. This is what he and his wolves looked like. Fenris was identical to Freki and Geri but much larger and black. The idea being that Bolverk stole a portion of Fenris' power to transform two of his loyal warriors into wolves modeled after him, but I wasn't sure how to add that piece of exposition to the chapter.

The chapter had some very loose surface level references to Norse Myth since Bolverk was based on Odin. The forest and large tree based on Yggdrasil and Fenris after Fenrir the wolf prophesized to eat Odin during Ragnarok.

I hope this chapter length is sufficient for those that wanted longer chapters, if it isn't feel free to tell me in the comments. Trying to strike a balance between increased length and post frequency since the results were relatively close.

Great chapter ,fight scene a bit fast pace but otherwise i love this

The current Demon King," Talaria said "He broke his seal fifteen years ago and has been on a campaign to reconquer the demon realm ever since. Why do you think I was so desperate to escape this realm, he slayed my father when he resisted the conquering of his land and wished to finish the job by claiming my head."
Time shenanigans ? Cos dmc3 to dmc 1 is set one decade apart.Assuming the seal that vergil broke including the one on mundus too

Shame he didnt pick it up while he get out .look useful

I chose to purchase the ability to double jump also known as Air Hike. It would allow me to generate a magical glyph under my feet which would serve as a platform to jump off of. While it seemed useless now that I had Talaria it was more for the fact that it would grant me the knowledge of how to infuse demonic power through my legs so I could better use Talaria. I chose to invest the rest of the orbs into the shards in my arms. Incomplete as they were it seemed the two had a chance to grow according to the Deity
Good thinking on air hike purchase but to use red orbs to grow yamato and rebellion shards is a bit unnescessary atm since it need shit tons of red orbs to grow even a little .better to try and farm red orb later in human world (blood bank or a war zones for example)

i have never played the Devil May Cry series. Is it necessary to know about the world before hand to understand this?
A bit yeah but here is most of the context

Assuming the seal that vergil broke including the one on mundus too
Vergil broke the seal on gate to the human world, not Mundus himself, he gave me the impression that he was already active at the end of DMC3.
I don't think the games mention Mundus being sealed at all actually.

Vergil broke the seal on gate to the human world, not Mundus himself, he gave me the impression that he was already active at the end of DMC3.
I don't think the games mention Mundus being sealed at all actually.

I do recall Mundus grabbing Vergil at the end of DMC3, or something like that. So it's safe to assume Mundus was free before DMC3 rolled around, and probably with Vergil as Nero Angelo, Mundus was able to finally go through with his plans and set off the events of DMC1.

The years between DMC3 and DMC1 was probably Mundus cementing his regime in Demon World and using his new pet Nero Angelo as an enforcer.

I chose to purchase the ability to double jump also known as Air Hike. It would allow me to generate a magical glyph under my feet which would serve as a platform to jump off of. While it seemed useless now that I had Talaria it was more for the fact that it would grant me the knowledge of how to infuse demonic power through my legs so I could better use Talaria.
I hope with the increased knowledge of DE manipulation, he will experiment more; eg channeling DE to his mouth to roar, forcefully expelling it from his body to create a knockback effect.

Basic DE manipulation is possible as shown in DMC 5 where Dante can use a little bit of Royalguard to shoot a DE powered fireball.

I hope with the increased knowledge of DE manipulation, he will experiment more; eg channeling DE to his mouth to roar, forcefully expelling it from his body to create a knockback effect.

Basic DE manipulation is possible as shown in DMC 5 where Dante can use a little bit of Royalguard to shoot a DE powered fireball.

I dont think underworld is safe ground to experiment with the stuff that nero prove to be kinda sucks at .Better just go the route that yield faster result aka devil bringer stuff like learn all of nero moveset ,manifest more arms,use devil bring as a inventory by absorb devil parts etc.

i have never played the Devil May Cry series. Is it necessary to know about the world before hand to understand this?
As much as I'd liike morereader, I'm sorry to say the story is best consumed if you know at least some basic details about Devil May Cry.

That said I really do recommend the series. I am far from a stylish player and generally suck at video games but I have fun with them anyways.
Great chapter ,fight scene a bit fast pace but otherwise i love this

Time shenanigans ? Cos dmc3 to dmc 1 is set one decade apart. Assuming the seal that vergil broke including the one on mundus too
Nice to see that you enjoyed it.
As for the timeline stuff,
Mundus was the one that sent the demons after the Sparda family the day Eva died so I set it so that he's been free for a few years and slowly been recovering from being sealed all while re-establishing his power base.

Does the Mc have Neros looks? Or just his abilities?
He has his looks as well.
He started with a full copy of Nero's body as it appeared in Devil May Cry 4.

He has his looks as well.
He started with a full copy of Nero's body as it appeared in Devil May Cry 4.

It would be interesting if he got mistaken for Nero's twin and everyone keeps thinking that Nero is MC, with the exception of Dante who's constantly muttering about repeats of previous events and keeps trying to keep the "supposed" twins from killing each other.

Better just go the route that yield faster result aka devil bringer stuff like learn all of nero moveset ,manifest more arms,use devil bring as a inventory by absorb devil parts etc.
He won't be able to copy Nero's abilities without consuming something with similar powers

He won't be able to copy Nero's abilities without consuming something with similar powers

True. But who's to say he couldn't do something like that to Devil Arms he doesn't really need, like what Vergil/Urizen did to Beowulf Devil Arm? Also, I'm sure there's other artifacts he could get from God of Time that would give similar powers when absorbed.

One a translucent sphere with an arrow on the inside that seemed to be a three dimensional compass?

The second was a series of numbers that were constantly shifting. It took me a second to realize it was a countdown timer.

37:18:56:25
Will the locket help with his world jump? Is the timer a countdown till the next jump?

Chapter 6
Devil Bring It On!

Chapter 6

Burning Up

As I ran towards the convergence point, I slowed down.

While I was still going far faster than a normal human could go, I slowed down a fair bit, to my equivalent of a jog.

This body still had limits and you never knew when a demon would show up.

Talaria meanwhile painted a picture. Of a time long before she was born, of a fragmented Underworld with different warlords taking territory in place of a central demon emperor.

A struggle that went back and forth fiercely for the first few centuries after the demon world was sealed and the loss of their ruler via Sparda's efforts.

As many creatures here were very very long lived, time passing meant little for how the underworld changed. The intelligent ones played their games of power while the more animalistic continued with their simple existences or were used as pawns by these stronger creatures.

Talaria herself was, as she mentioned, a daughter to one of these warlords. Her father built a fortress over a convergence point and had those demons who wished to use it pay tribute to him, siphoning some of their demonic blood in hopes it would make him stronger. Why he never tried to force it further open and venture to the human world himself and even forbade her from journeying there was a mystery to Talaria.

She lived a comfortable if boring life as a stronger intelligent demon would in the underworld.
Uninterested in her father's extortion scheme, she passed the years idly by until it all changed.

15 years ago the Demon Emperor Mundus had launched a campaign of terror across the underworld conquering territory one by one until they reached her father's lands.

While he gathered a fair amount of strength from his scheme, he stood no match for the Demon Emperor and he knew it. He sent Talaria off with some subjects, and she's been wandering the underworld ever since. Every once in a while checking to see what had become of her father's land.

By the time she finished her tale he noticed the surroundings change once more.

While he was at a rocky wasteland once more, there was lightning of various colors in the sky, rocks floating in the air, the occasional tornado in the distance.

"We should be there soon," Talaria said.

"Finally, that felt like it took an eternity," I replied.

As I (or was it we at this point?) ran through this storm hell, Talaria became quiet. Only the crackling of lightning and the roar of the winds accompanied our journey.

Understandable, considering we were heading to her former home.

I soon saw it. On the ground in a patch of calm air, the eye of the storm so to speak, was a gothic castle that looked like it was pulled straight from medieval times.

There however were some things that marked it as a demon castle. The moat of lava for one, that was around the outer walls, and the great pyres of flame that came from the turrets and spires.

"I'm guessing a fire demon took it over," I said.

"Indeed, it was the work of Berial," Talaria said. "He'll pay for his transgressions ."

"Oh, that guy," I said. "This shouldn't be too hard then."

'He was the intro boss for Nero after all,' I thought. 'Then again, game power levels might not match reality.'

"Don't underestimate him, he was granted some gifts by his master that should prove a great challenge to overcome for you at your current level."

"What kind of gifts?," I asked.

That seemed out of character for him, then again rejecting a gift from Mundus, his creator, would probably spell his doom.

"A set of soldiers, Angelos he called them and a grand champion called Cavaliere," Talaria said.

I paused for a moment to digest that information.

'Wait shouldn't those be at the Qlithoph?," I thought. 'Hm, maybe Mundus only moved them there, once he was confident in his grip on the demon world? That just brings up more questions. Still if V could survive fighting them then I should be able to as well.'

I shook my head and tried to clear my mind.

"So how close do we have to be to cut a way out?," I asked Talaria.

"Father when he constructed this fortress made it so that the entrance hall served as the place it was easiest to cross the gap," Talaria replied. "Unfortunately for us however, the master of this castle would also know whenever anyone entered the hall."

"Seems like a fight is unavoidable then," I noted. "We might as well scout out of the exterior to see what we're up against."

I climbed upwards into the air using Talaria's skywalking, and saw the castle exterior was … surprisingly barren?

No demons were on patrol, no signs of life beyond the fires.

I ran around the perimeter of the castle before finding myself back in front of the entrance.

"Either no one's home, or they're just waiting for visitors to fight off," I told her. "God, I hope it's the former."

"Aren't you forgetting something?," Talaria said.

"Oh yeah… I forgot to prepare properly," I said.

I pulled out the Deity of Time and Spaces' locket, and prayed once more.

I invested what I got from Bolverk into Fenris and a bit into his spear.

With that done I walked over the moat of lava, and approached the castle doors.

The were huge to say the least, which if Berial was within the castle made sense.

'I know this body can handle it, but could they turn down the heat a little?,' I thought to myself. 'Nero was right, he does burn easily.'

The heat was rather unpleasant, so I pulled out Fenris from within my arms and used them to cool myself off a bit.

As my arms were full I summoned my spectral arms and gave a hard push to open the giant gates, which slammed to the sides of the entrance.

And in the entrance hall, sitting like a sphinx was Berial.

To describe him would be to call him something of a centaur if the head and lower body were that of a demonic horned lion, with the whole body wreathed in flames with volcanic obsidian skin. At his side was a large greatsword as fiery as he was with a stone like texture. There was also the matter of him being 10 meters tall.

The demon stared me down, taking in the intruder.

"Who dares?," the beast said. "A human? No… those arms are those of a demon. But the scent of humanity lingers with your presence… I have yet to see a demon such as you."

The demon stood up fully, and started stepping towards me, deliberate in his pace.

While I'd already seen a giant demon in the form of Fenris, seeing one filled with murderous intent directed solely at you felt a bit different than seeing it aimed at someone else.

Still I had to keep a cool head even in this heat.

I walked forwards into the hall.

"I suppose you won't just let me waltz into the human world will you?" I asked.

"Curious indeed, you remind me of him," Berial continued, ignoring my words. "But what would he or his kin be doing here?"

"Yeah, I don't know myself, to be honest," I said.

"Still if you are related to him, you should provide an entertaining fight," The demon mused. "I am Berial, General of Mundus and I shall be your end!"

As soon as he said there was a wall of flame behind me and the torches at the edges of the hall glowed even brighter.

This would be our arena.

He jumped at me with an overhead strike of his blade.

I slid to the side to dodge it, but the explosion of flames at the impact point blew me further away from the blade.

'Well that's going to be annoying,' I thought. 'Though I really should have seen it coming.'

He approached me again with his calm measured steps.

Fire flared in his left hand and then there was a telltale glow below me.

I sidestepped again this time staying far clear of the blast radius.

Where I was once standing the ground had erupted in flames.

He'd really burn this whole place down just to kill me huh?

I infused power into Fenris to cool off and jumped up to his eye level and stood there in the air.

His response to that was to smolder and gather flames within himself, ready to dash towards me

'Oh, we're doing that already?,' I thought. 'Well two can play at that game.'

I surged power into Fenris and in an instant the blades were encased in ice that grew them to the size of greatswords. A frosty aura surrounded my body.

He lunged with a thrust of his blade to split me in two.

While it dwarfed me in size I simply crossed my blades to intercept it.

The crash of the swords against each other echoed through the hall.

The ice cracked just a little but held firm. A surge of demonic power fixed that damage soon enough.

We were locked in place like that.

Well he was struggling to push the blade through my guard, and I was just standing there taking in the situation.

He might have been a hulking giant but this body was strong.

A pulse of flames traveled down his blade.

'Oh no you don't,' I thought.

I sent power into the blades and ice traveled up them and through his own to meet the flames.

The pulses canceled each other out.

I pushed back and forced Berial's blade away from me, setting him off balance, and dashed forward myself.

I slashed at at his body with my blades and left a large gash across his chest.

Despite this though the wound was already healing, when I finished the cut.

He slashed away at me, trying to bat me away with the sword, but I had already kicked off of his body to retreat once more.

"It'll take much more than that to take him down," Talaria said.

"Ah, he can heal, because of course he can," I said in reply.

I threw one of Fenris' blades at the demon, the chain that connected the two blades extending by the magic that gave it form, he deflected it with his sword.

I pulled back on the chain and threw the blade again.

And again he readied to deflect it.

This time however was different, there was a burst of ice at the point of impact locking his blade together with my own.

Before he could melt them apart, I pulled summoned a spectral arm and hard, and resultingly disarmed him of his sword.

This was where the fun part started.

I heaved with my spectral arms the locked together blades and then swung them back at him, a giant makeshift flail.

Oh he tried to dodge but the each blow left a burst of ice that grazed him whenever he attempted to, and for the ones that managed to hit.

Well the less details said about the damage he received the better.

It felt good to be on offensive, and be winning from the get go for a change.

By the time I finished my barrage the leonine centaur like demon was a wounded wreck. He was on his knees, barely capable of staying upright.

"So are you ready to stand aside?," I asked. "I just want to get to the human world, and you've been camping out on my route to get there."

"Finish him," Talaria said, venom dripping from her voice.

"I will not yield," Berial replied. "My master will not stand failure, and neither shall I."

He transformed into pure flames and melted a hole through the ceiling. All the flames around grew dim without his presence.

"All that talk and you aren't ready to finish the fight?," I yelled out.

Then above me a hot purple glow from the stone came, I jumped back, as a pillar of purple flames descended upon me.

Emerging from the pillar was a familiar black knight, roughly three times as tall as I was, with bat-like wings over his shoulders and a flowing purple cape.

There it was, Cavaliere Angelo.

An attempt by the great demon smith Machiavelli to create a living armor demon based off of Sparda's data. A failure that as far as I knew should have been discarded, but there it was.

It seemed Berial decided to inhabit the demon, and power it rather than die by my hands, thus the change from the electricity I knew it wielded when the lightning demoness Trish was its core to flame.

There was no conversation, no quips, not even a growl of intent. Before I knew it, in a burst of flames the knight was upon me.

Slashing away with their four pronged blade he rapidly melted away Berial's sword from Fenris, and the blades of ice that I had extended from the devil arm.

We exchanged a dozen blows, and Fenris was reduced to it's base state.

I was on the defensive again.

How the hell did Dante make parrying him look so easy and how the hell did V survive against this guy?

'Well, if ice won't work, I guess I'll have to change things up,' I thought.

I jumped away, continuously dodging his advance and kept Fenris on my back, as I needed it to keep me cool in this blaze. In an instant however I had already taken out Bolverk's Spear from one of my arms.

I infused power into it, extending it just like I did with Fenris, but this time it was pure demonic power that condensed into a a blade of light that grew from the spear, matching the opponent's blade in size.

I let him approach me, ready for him to continue his assault. This time the clash proved far more favourable, no melted energy blade in the end.

But he was still really fast.

The pressure gave me little room to counter, if I maintained my current strategy.

'So let's kick things up a a notch,' I thought.

I again made distance between me and my foe. This time by summoning a spectral arm and just punching at his blade.

It had little effect but it bought me time to reposition myself.

I summoned both my spectral arms again and grabbed Bolverk's blade with them alongside my real ones.

I needed more power to take him on directly and that was the answer as simple as it was.

At least I hoped that was the answer.

The next exchange of of blades was a bit more favourable, every blow didn't knock me back in fact the ones that I parried were almost deflected easily, but there was still the matter of a speed difference to address.

'If only I could access devil trigger or even just some of Talaria's speed then I could easily tip the scales in my favour,' I thought.

Alas such a thing was not in the cards at the moment.

So I did the next best thing.

I simply poured power into my arms and the spear and delivered the strongest blow I could.

And it was enough, with the strength of al my arms and the spear it simply shattered whatever offense he dared to bring upon me. His sword was deflected and the energy blade from the spear struck true.

There was a gash in Cavaliere's armor as a result, a chink that leaked out pure flames.

Good. I could build momentum from that.

As I expected the dark knight to deliver a viscous counter attack instead.

The dark knight backed away instead,

It lifted it's arm at me and let out a stream of flames from it, like a flame thrower, or a dragon's breath.

I ran around the hall, in the air and on the walls to dodge the streak of flame as it trailed me.

Seemed he was pouring everything he had into this. Like a wounded animal striking back.

After a few seconds the stream of fire ended, but it felt much longer than that. The entire hall was covered in flames and filled with melted slag that used to be stone.

Were I more aware, I'd be worried about the structural integrity of the place, but it was probably held together by demonic magic or something to have not collapsed at that point.

The knight panted, holding it's side.

It seemed that such an attack took a lot out of it.

'Well, let's take advantage of that," I thought.

I was a blur. A bullet moving through the air, ready to strike down my assailant.

I kept Bolverk's spear in one arm this time and lifted Fenris from my back in a smooth motion.

Following my will the chains and the blades wrapped around the spear to make something of a makeshift trident.

The power of bitter enemies united to take down the foe infront of me.

A blade of demonic power and ice sprung from the combination of arms and speared through the Cavalierre and in turn the flame beast within.

They collapsed onto the floor as I pulled out the spear.

I had won the fight.

I stood there panting.

It was a short two fights but it still took a lot out of me to survive.

The barrier of flames dropped down, in fact all the flames in the hall died down, as if their master falling cut power from them.

"You survived.. You actually survived," Talaria said. "You do seem to possess the blood of Sparda to have withstood that."

"No reason… to lie to… you lady," I said in reply between pants. "Well might as well cut our way out now."

"I… I must thank you for avenging my father," Talaria said her voice quiet. "If the circumstances were different I'd reward you greatly for what you had done and we'd look over this fortress to see the extent of damages they had done to my father's land, but alas we must be going now."

It was then that I heard it.

A low clinking and clanging as the remains of the armor started to shake. A flame within once more grew alive.

Pieces of the armor flew off from the corpse, they flew towards me.

I tried my best to deflect them but in my exhausted state, it was proving difficult.

The pieces were relentless, desperate to merge with something.

Then a thought occurred to me, well if they were desperate to be part of something? Why not let them?

I held out my devil bringers and caught the next armor piece that flew towards me and absorbed it within my right arm.

I continuously did that until most of the armor had simply been assimilated into my arms.

Instead of being caught inside the armor, the armor was now trapped inside me.

'Well let's see what we got now?' I thought.

I willed the armor out of my arms.

And soon in a burst of flame kneeling before me was a black knight the size of me with glowing purple flames in it's eyes.

A miniature of the knight I'd just fought, but with features from the leonine centaur that was slain alongside it.

It seemed I'd earned a combined devil arm from my victory, one that embodied the strength of Cavalierre Angelo and Berial at once.

Now this, this could prove useful.

I dismissed the flaming knight, reabsorbing it into my arms, and brought out the Yamato shard.

I tried to sense where the tear was located, the veil between worlds was at its weakest and in time found it seated in front of where the throne had once been.

With one hand on the Deity of Time and Space's Locket and the other with Yamato shard, I got ready to finally get out of here.

I focused power into the blade shard and forced all my will and concentration into one thought.

'Take me to the human world'

Making the tear was much easier this time. As I cut a path into the next realm.

As the fabric of space and possibly reality itself formed a frayed an murky edge around where the shard cut I could see through the opening a city at night. With dark buildings, and light on but strangely not many people around. I was near some docks, next to the ocean, perhaps it was an island, or the coastline. I honestly couldn't care less at that moment.

I walked to the other side of the portal without a care for who saw me, taking out the Rebellion shard ready to close it.

Big mistake.

Perhaps it was the sudden opening to the demon realm, maybe it was the commotion caused by my fight, but the next thing I saw was an honest to god dragon flying at me through the entrance of the hall I was just in.

I dodged out of the way just in time as it barreled through the portal, widening it greatly by the presence of the creature.

As saw the creature fly away, I saw on its back a black and gold figure waving at me jovially.

"Thanks for the ticket out of there!~," it said jovially at me.

'Fuck, what the hell did I just do?' I thought.

Author's Note:

Uses a Gold Orb

Well here's a chapter after so long.
Writer's block hit me like a truck and whatever I wrote just felt terrible for a while so it was hard to put something out there.

A few things occured to me in the wait between chapters. I'm probably not comfortable writing porn in this and it would probably be terrible if I tried, so changed this story to the SFW subforum.
If people would prefer it in the NSFW subforum I'm willing to move it back, just don't expect me to write smut anytime soon.
The next thing was that Will's personality had drifted to be a lot more confident and competent than my own so I relabled it as an OC insert rather than a self insert. There's still part of me there but it just felt wrong to label it as a SI.
Going for longer chapters just seems to be out of my ability to do consistently, so I'll probably stick to short ones.

I'll leave that poll up though as a monument to all my sins though.

Anyways. If you got any critique or stuff of that variety that would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back