1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Devils + Vampire (Post-DMC 5 X Rosario + Vampire Fanfic)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by LinkOnScepter, Jun 27, 2022.

1. ThedudeManBro

ThedudeManBro The Dudeliest Man on the block, Bro!

Dante: Oh? You're approaching me? Even knowing you're gonna get wrecked faster than a hot pizza in front of an hungry Dante, you're coming right to me?

Canon: I can't start the mediocre Shounen Harem Anime without getting closer.

Dante: Oh Oh! *Devil Trigger starts playing* then come as close as you like!

Vergil:...You and your imaginary friend are both imbeciles of the highest order. Get down from my desk and out of my library, before i toss you out limb by limb.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  2. Last Order

Last Order Hungry One

Oh this is gonna be good. I admit the fact that the 2 already have their admirers is gonna be interesting. Now imagine if word got out that Vergil has a kid. Also I have to ask: what are the odds that Medusa is gonna ask Dante to model for her 'art'? Also while blatant shipping is off the table are we gonna see the rise of a Dante and Vergil fan club form among the students and the 2 fighting each other over who is cooler?

3. LinkOnScepter

LinkOnScepter Versed in the lewd.

1. The Medusa will show up eventually. I have a plan on how to deal with her.

2. Of course there will be fan clubs. That'll be fun.

Arghonn likes this.
  4. UltimateGrr

UltimateGrr I trust you know where the happy button is?

The fan clubs have sub factions dedicated to shipping the Sons of Sparda with various faculty members.

Savanna and LinkOnScepter like this.
  5. Savanna

Savanna Versed in the lewd.

I just learned the manga become a Battle Manga so does that mean no singing mind control bad episode like in the anime? Also a bit off topic but I really hope one day someone does a take place after DMC 5 and danmachi fanfic crossover

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    LinkOnScepter likes this.
  6. LinkOnScepter

I haven't finished the Manga, yet, but as far as I have seen...that doesn't happen.

In the Manga, the Bat thing is more or less a Comedic Relief Mascot that Moka's Younger Sister uses as a weapon sometimes.

As for the second thing, Danmachi was actually one of the ides for a DMC 5 Crossover that I had alongside this.

But I decided against it cause I honestly saw more potential in this than that one.

7. Savanna

Damnit so close I wanted Dante and Vergil to interact with the cast of danmachi so badly that and because teachers for ais and bell. Vergil for ais and Dante for bell. Long story short bell ends up being taught the way of style and ais more or less learning how to be human due to Vergil see himself in her and wanting her not to well do the thing he done for the sake of power. I remember discussing the fanfic idea on spaceboard if you want to read more about it

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  8. Savanna

A bit random but Dante and Vergil ending up in gensokyo would be fun

9. Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika The Devil Exists Within

Need to erase the first section of ch4, and rename said threadmark to 4.2

10. LinkOnScepter

No. That's the whole chapter.

I am not putting myself at the same standard as my MGE Fanfic.

I post Chapters when I want/feel they're ready, rather than force myself to write 3k+ Words.

11. LinkOnScepter

Hey everyone!

Sorry it's been a while.

But, my job has recently been forcing Mandatory Overtime on us.

So, I have been pretty tired getting home and don't have as much time in the morning to write as I usually do.

Just wanted to let you all know.

UnfortunateWatcher and lawlzlo12 like this.
  12. Extras: Chapter 5.1
    LinkOnScepter

The first class of this new year had barely begun, and Dante could already tell that something was up with this whole situation.

His first clue was when Gramps gave him the Teacher’s Assistant position without even a how do you do. He didn’t make a fuss about it. Tantrums had been something he left behind way back when he still in diapers. But he did start grilling the guy about why he gave him the position. If there was one thing he knew, it was himself. And one of the major things he knew about himself was that he had no experience with kids. Especially hormonal teenagers, that happen to be monsters of various types that he’s killed before.

Gramps’ response?

“It would be a good experience for him.”

In Dante’s experience, the only people who say that are those who have some kind of hidden agenda. And it just so happened that he and Vergil were apart of it. Made him glad that his older brother hadn’t told Gramps the whole story behind how they got here. He just said that he used his sword to open that portal. If Gramps ain’t gonna tell them everything, that they ain’t gonna tell him everything.

But whatever. It’s not that big a deal. He just had to hang out in a couple of classes, help the kids with some math or something, then it’s off to get pizza and sundaes while Vergil figures out a way home. He would help his older brother out every now and then, obviously. While he wasn’t as well versed in the whole “Dimensional Travel” stuff, he did know a thing or two about arriving in other worlds. Well...one other world. He’s still wondering how that Fiend kid is doing now. Killing the God of your world isn’t something you can just walk away from without some consequence biting ya in the ass.

Either way, everything he’d seen of the place so far hadn’t rung any alarm bells. Other than the fact that he could smell monsters of all types all over the place. And when he said “all types” he meant it. Mermaids, cyclops, tanuki’s, some of those weird umbrella monster things. He never really expanded the Devil May Cry outside of the Western Hemisphere, so a lot of the names of the monsters that exist here escaped him. He’d have to ask Vergil to give him a better run down when they got a moment.

Upside was they all seemed to be following one of the major rules of the place: Don’t drop your human disguise. Wouldn’t really be learning how to blend in with humans if you couldn’t look the part. Though he did see a few kids that needed to be reminded of that rule. Which he took the liberty to do. It was his duty as one of the Faculty.

Though, that brought him to the second clue that leads him to believe Gramps has something cooking in the background. He remembers how the old Demon mentioned that no human could through that barrier without an invitation. And if his own experience didn’t fail him, he would bet money that the only people who would have access to those things would be him and the Bus Driver.

So, he had a hunch that the two of them were responsible for the human currently pissing his pants in this classroom filled with monsters.

And if his hunch was right, then he was gonna have some words with the two of them later.

But right now, he had to make sure that the kid didn’t get into too much trouble. Cause from where he was sitting? The boy wasn’t supposed to be here in every sense of the word. Dante was sitting next to Kitty Cat’s desk, leaning back in a fold out chair with the Faust Hat on his head. He had it deactivated with the tip tilted down to cover his eyes. He pretended to be asleep when in reality he had scoped out the entire classroom the moment it had started. Which was how he was able to see the black haired human kid pissing his pants right now. He wasn’t even being subtle about it. His mouth was wide open while his eyes had turned to white dots. Dante was surprised that none of the other students seemed to notice his panicking. If they had, they’d probably have jumped the kid by now.

It only got worse as Nekonome reiterated the fact that this school was exclusively for monsters. How humans had taken over the planet and how the monsters had to learn how to live with humans to avoid conflict. She hadn’t introduced Dante yet, at his request, of course. If this was gonna be his job for the foreseeable future, then he needed to be sure he made a good impression on the students. The best way to do that was to make his own entrance. He originally planned to do it after Kitty Cat made the typical spiel all first years high schoolers got. But, now that he knew that one of the students was just some schmuck who got caught up in the machination of a Demon Lord, he was inclined to move the time up just a little bit. He was at least willing to let Kitty Cat finish her introduction.

“Do you understand?” the cat girl in question said to the gathered students, “It’s a matter of being able to disguise yourself well as a human! This is the foundation of coexistence. You are never to allow any of your fellow students know your ‘true form’. Understand!?”

Dante smirked. Pretty simple rules. But if his earlier analysis of the students told him anything, it’s that there were more than a few bad apples in this bunch. And one of them was about to say something in three...two...one...

“Hey, teacher,” came an arrogant, gruff voice that carried a hint of growl in it, “Wouldn’t it be better for us to eat up those puny humans? And in the case of beautiful girls, better to molest them?”

Right on cue. Dante had to choke back the urge to scoff. This kid wasn’t even trying to be subtle about it was he? He’d have to get the kid’s name from the roster. Keep an eye on him. Like a responsible Teacher’s Assistant.

“Oh! Incidentally, here at Youkai Academy, the teachers and students are alll monsters. There are no genuine humans here!” Nekonome said, seemingly ignoring what the kid actually said. She raised the pointer stick in her hand up as she continued, “Since this Academy is within a secret sacred world! To those humans who come to know of our existence, we will bring them death or something.”

Aaaaannnnndddd the human kid was panicking.

Alright. ‘Bout time he got in on this.

“Woah, woah, there Kitty Cat. I think that’s a bit much don’t you?”

All eyes in the room immediately turned to Dante. Some of the students looked like they had only just noticed him. Including the single human kid. In fact, Dante could spot a hopeful glint enter his eyes. Hiding a grin beneath his hat, Dante leaned forward in his chair. The Faust Hat still kept his features hidden as he spoke, “If the students here are supposed to learn how to live with humans, then telling them to kill one just cause they happened to take a wrong turn isn’t the way to do it.”

“Uh,” Nekonome looked at Dante nervously. Her eyes flicked between him and the students who were watching the two of them with confusion written on their features. Her ears drooping a bit, she replied, “Then what would you supposed we do, my Teaching Assistant?”

Dante’s grin grew wider. He placed a hand on the brim of his hat, “Well, if you were to ask me? We should...”

He threw his hat into the air. At the same time he jumped from his seat, sending the chair skidding backwards. It hit the wall and, somehow, neatly folded itself back into its original form. He landed right in front of Nekonome, the cat woman letting out a loud, “Nya!~” as he hit the floor. The students closest to the front leaned back in their chairs in surprise. Dante stood up as his had fell onto his head and activated. A long, golden scarf materialized around him in a flash of crimson. All the students gasped at the display as their eyes focused entirely on Dante.

“...give them a winning smile,” Dante flashed a grin that sparkled in the morning sun. The girls in the room suddenly swooned as he twirled in place. He stopped, holding his hand out to the door as another student walked in. This one was a girl with pink hair and flowed down to her thighs. The entire room seem to take notice of her, with that one human kid taking particular interest.

The new girl stumbled upon seeing Dante, but the Son of Sparda acted first. He stepped forward and took one of her flailing hands in his, pulling her towards him until she stood next to him.

“Offer them a friendly handshake and pat on the back,” he proceeded to do exactly that to the pink haired girl. She coughed a bit as his hand hit her back, the cross hanging from her neck jingling as her body shook. He kept his grin on as he started walking her to the only empty seat in the room...which happened to be right in front of the human kid.

“Then, we lead them over to where they’re supposed to be. In the case of a human, right out the door they came in from. But in the case of this lovely little lady,” he gently placed her down in her seat, “we take her to the best seat in the house.”

He made an exaggerated bow, then back flipped back to the front of the classroom.

“Hey there Little Chickens!” Dante pointed twin finger guns at the class, “Name’s Dante! Party animal and a professional when it comes to all things related to humans. I’ll be your Teacher’s Assistant for the foreseeable future. If you need anything, don’t be afraid to stop on by.”

He kept his gaze on the entire class, who seemed to be in various stats of infatuation. The girls were all blushing, the guys were clapping, and even Nekonome had dropped her pointer in astonishment. The only ones that weren’t enamored at his performance were the exact people he expected.

The pink haired chick. She was too busy hugging the human kid.

The asshole who had suggested molesting girls. He was alternating between staring at the pink haired girl, and glaring daggers at Dante.

And then there was the human kid.

Who was staring at Dante with his mouth open. But, though astonishment was in his eyes, it was drowned out by another emotion.

Hope.

“Uh, M-M-M-Mr. Dante?”

Dante grinned as he sat up in his seat. He tilted the brim of his hat up to see the human boy standing in front of him.

“I-I-I-I c-c-could use your a-a-advice,” he was shaking like a leaf and had his hands clasped in front of him. Sweat dripped from the top of his head, getting into his brown eyes and making him blink them reflexively.

Dante nodded, “Sure thing...Aono, right?”

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    G. Tony, Coleray, shashenka and 36 others like this.
  13. eveakane

eveakane I'm definitely a Hooman

...yes, I'm very happy that Vergil isn't the assistant. What's his stance on human interaction, exactly?

14. LinkOnScepter

Personally? He'd like to avoid it unless he 100% has to do it.

Between Monsters and Humans?

He and Dante are the product of a Demon and Human falling in love with each other. We're led to believe that their childhood was mostly a happy one until the demons showed up.

So, to him, it is a totally viable thing to strive for.

15. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

I can see Vergil "gently" encouraging Tsukune to search his heart and decide who, if any, he wants to be with.

16. Laxard

Laxard I trust you know where the happy button is?

Don't tell me Dante will become honorable member of TsuAo's harem...

Also, first time see somebody using Extras for drafts...

The guy isn't racist, everybody same for him, demons, humans, insects...

17. LinkOnScepter

No. No. No.

Tsukune is now apart of Dante's harem.

18. Last Order

Last Order Hungry One

Dante has that magnetism that attracts people both allies and enemies. I mean look at Trish, Lady, and Patty. Course he's too free spirited to settle down lol.

19. Threadmarks: Chapter 5: Dante Ropes Vergil Into Training Tsukune
    LinkOnScepter

The first class of this new year had barely begun, and Dante could already tell that something was up with this whole situation.

His first clue was when Gramps gave him the Teacher’s Assistant position without even a how do you do. He didn’t make a fuss about it. Tantrums had been something he left behind way back when he still in diapers. But he did start grilling the guy about why he gave him the position. If there was one thing he knew, it was himself. And one of the major things he knew about himself was that he had no experience with kids. Especially hormonal teenagers, that happen to be monsters of various types that he’s killed before.

Gramps’ response?

“It would be a good experience for him.”

In Dante’s experience, the only people who say that are those who have some kind of hidden agenda. And it just so happened that he and Vergil were apart of it. Made him glad that his older brother hadn’t told Gramps the whole story behind how they got here. He just said that he used his sword to open that portal. If Gramps ain’t gonna tell them everything, that they ain’t gonna tell him everything.

But whatever. It’s not that big a deal. He just had to hang out in a couple of classes, help the kids with some math or something, then it’s off to get pizza and sundaes while Vergil figures out a way home. He would help his older brother out every now and then, obviously. While he wasn’t as well versed in the whole “Dimensional Travel” stuff, he did know a thing or two about arriving in other worlds. Well...one other world. He’s still wondering how that Fiend kid is doing now. Killing the God of your world isn’t something you can just walk away from without some consequence biting ya in the ass.

Either way, everything he’d seen of the place so far hadn’t rung any alarm bells. Other than the fact that he could smell monsters of all types all over the place. And when he said “all types” he meant it. Mermaids, cyclops, tanuki’s, some of those weird umbrella monster things. He never really expanded the Devil May Cry outside of the Western Hemisphere, so a lot of the names of the monsters that exist here escaped him. He’d have to ask Vergil to give him a better run down when they got a moment.

Upside was they all seemed to be following one of the major rules of the place: Don’t drop your human disguise. Wouldn’t really be learning how to blend in with humans if you couldn’t look the part. Though he did see a few kids that needed to be reminded of that rule. Which he took the liberty to do. It was his duty as one of the Faculty.

Though, that brought him to the second clue that leads him to believe Gramps has something cooking in the background. He remembers how the old Demon mentioned that no human could through that barrier without an invitation. And if his own experience didn’t fail him, he would bet money that the only people who would have access to those things would be him and the Bus Driver.

So, he had a hunch that the two of them were responsible for the human currently pissing his pants in this classroom filled with monsters.

And if his hunch was right, then he was gonna have some words with the two of them later.

But right now, he had to make sure that the kid didn’t get into too much trouble. Cause from where he was sitting? The boy wasn’t supposed to be here in every sense of the word. Dante was sitting next to Kitty Cat’s desk, leaning back in a fold out chair with the Faust Hat on his head. He had it deactivated with the tip tilted down to cover his eyes. He pretended to be asleep when in reality he had scoped out the entire classroom the moment it had started. Which was how he was able to see the black haired human kid pissing his pants right now. He wasn’t even being subtle about it. His mouth was wide open while his eyes had turned to white dots. Dante was surprised that none of the other students seemed to notice his panicking. If they had, they’d probably have jumped the kid by now.

It only got worse as Nekonome reiterated the fact that this school was exclusively for monsters. How humans had taken over the planet and how the monsters had to learn how to live with humans to avoid conflict. She hadn’t introduced Dante yet, at his request, of course. If this was gonna be his job for the foreseeable future, then he needed to be sure he made a good impression on the students. The best way to do that was to make his own entrance. He originally planned to do it after Kitty Cat made the typical spiel all first years high schoolers got. But, now that he knew that one of the students was just some schmuck who got caught up in the machination of a Demon Lord, he was inclined to move the time up just a little bit. He was at least willing to let Kitty Cat finish her introduction.

“Do you understand?” the cat girl in question said to the gathered students, “It’s a matter of being able to disguise yourself well as a human! This is the foundation of coexistence. You are never to allow any of your fellow students know your ‘true form’. Understand!?”

Dante smirked. Pretty simple rules. But if his earlier analysis of the students told him anything, it’s that there were more than a few bad apples in this bunch. And one of them was about to say something in three...two...one...

“Hey, teacher,” came an arrogant, gruff voice that carried a hint of growl in it, “Wouldn’t it be better for us to eat up those puny humans? And in the case of beautiful girls, better to molest them?”

Right on cue. Dante had to choke back the urge to scoff. This kid wasn’t even trying to be subtle about it was he? He’d have to get the kid’s name from the roster. Keep an eye on him. Like a responsible Teacher’s Assistant.

“Oh! Incidentally, here at Youkai Academy, the teachers and students are alll monsters. There are no genuine humans here!” Nekonome said, seemingly ignoring what the kid actually said. She raised the pointer stick in her hand up as she continued, “Since this Academy is within a secret sacred world! To those humans who come to know of our existence, we will bring them death or something.”

Aaaaannnnndddd the human kid was panicking.

Alright. ‘Bout time he got in on this.

“Woah, woah, there Kitty Cat. I think that’s a bit much don’t you?”

All eyes in the room immediately turned to Dante. Some of the students looked like they had only just noticed him. Including the single human kid. In fact, Dante could spot a hopeful glint enter his eyes. Hiding a grin beneath his hat, Dante leaned forward in his chair. The Faust Hat still kept his features hidden as he spoke, “If the students here are supposed to learn how to live with humans, then telling them to kill one just cause they happened to take a wrong turn isn’t the way to do it.”

“Uh,” Nekonome looked at Dante nervously. Her eyes flicked between him and the students who were watching the two of them with confusion written on their features. Her ears drooping a bit, she replied, “Then what would you supposed we do, my Teaching Assistant?”

Dante’s grin grew wider. He placed a hand on the brim of his hat, “Well, if you were to ask me? We should...”

He threw his hat into the air. At the same time he jumped from his seat, sending the chair skidding backwards. It hit the wall and, somehow, neatly folded itself back into its original form. He landed right in front of Nekonome, the cat woman letting out a loud, “Nya!~” as he hit the floor. The students closest to the front leaned back in their chairs in surprise. Dante stood up as his had fell onto his head and activated. A long, golden scarf materialized around him in a flash of crimson. All the students gasped at the display as their eyes focused entirely on Dante.

“...give them a winning smile,” Dante flashed a grin that sparkled in the morning sun. The girls in the room suddenly swooned as he twirled in place. He stopped, holding his hand out to the door as another student walked in. This one was a girl with pink hair and flowed down to her thighs. The entire room seem to take notice of her, with that one human kid taking particular interest.

The new girl stumbled upon seeing Dante, but the Son of Sparda acted first. He stepped forward and took one of her flailing hands in his, pulling her towards him until she stood next to him.

“Offer them a friendly handshake and pat on the back,” he proceeded to do exactly that to the pink haired girl. She coughed a bit as his hand hit her back, the cross hanging from her neck jingling as her body shook. He kept his grin on as he started walking her to the only empty seat in the room...which happened to be right in front of the human kid.

“Then, we lead them over to where they’re supposed to be. In the case of a human, right out the door they came in from. But in the case of this lovely little lady,” he gently placed her down in her seat, “we take her to the best seat in the house.”

He made an exaggerated bow, then back flipped back to the front of the classroom.

“Hey there Little Chickens!” Dante pointed twin finger guns at the class, “Name’s Dante! Party animal and a professional when it comes to all things related to humans. I’ll be your Teacher’s Assistant for the foreseeable future. If you need anything, don’t be afraid to stop on by.”

He kept his gaze on the entire class, who seemed to be in various stats of infatuation. The girls were all blushing, the guys were clapping, and even Nekonome had dropped her pointer in astonishment. The only ones that weren’t enamored at his performance were the exact people he expected.

The pink haired chick. She was too busy hugging the human kid.

The asshole who had suggested molesting girls. He was alternating between staring at the pink haired girl, and glaring daggers at Dante.

And then there was the human kid.

Who was staring at Dante with his mouth open. But thought astonishment was in his eyes, it was drowned out by another emotion.

Hope.

“Uh, M-M-M-Mr. Dante?”

Dante grinned as he sat up in his seat. He tilted the brim of his hat up to see the human boy standing in front of him.

“I-I-I-I c-c-could use your a-a-advice,” he was shaking like a leaf and had his hands clasped in front of him. Sweat dripped from the top of his head, getting into his brown eyes and making him blink them reflexively.

Dante nodded, “Sure thing...Aono, right?”

“Uh, it’s Tsukune Aono, actually,” he manages without stuttering. Though he was still shaking like a leaf in a strong wind.

“Oh, right. You guys do that whole ‘Last Name instead of First Name’ thing,” Dante shook his head with a sigh. He mumbled to himself, “Vergil’s gonna talk my ear off about this stuff when I get back to him.”

“What was that?”

“Nothin’ you need to worry about, kid,” Dante said as he pushed himself off the wall next to the door. The rest of the class had passed by normally. Monsters they maybe, but the students were still just that. High school kids. He didn’t really have to do much save pass out the odd worksheet or take attendance. So, he just stayed leaning against the door until Kitty Cat needed him. When the class let out, he made sure to give each student a flashy goodbye. Guys returned his gesture, while girls giggled as they walked out. The only ones that were different were the three he expected.

First was the obvious troublemaker, Komiya Saizo. He made to walk directly in front of Dante, planning to pass off stepping on the Son of Sparda’s foot as an “accident”. So, Dante decided to give him a special goodbye. He grabbed him by his hand, patted him on the back, and told him to not cause too much trouble. Wouldn’t want to get sent to the Principal’s Office on the first day of school, did he? Whether the student got Dante’s hidden threat or not, it did make him leave the class rather quickly.

Then there was the pair of Tsukune Aono and Moka Akashiya. And yeah, Dante meant pair. Anyone with eyes could see that there was some kind of spark between the two. Not in the “Destined Partners” sense. But more in the “It’s clear these two know each other and have formed an attachment” sense. Course, for teenagers who probably haven’t had a serious relationship in their lives, those two are probably the same thing. Dante could just see how the girl stayed by Tsukune’s side. And, despite knowing she was probably a man eating monster, the human boy wasn’t as nervous around her as he probably should’ve been.

Something that would probably complicate things.

“So, kid, whatcha doing hanging with me? Shouldn’t you be going to that girl you’re sweet on?” Dante jerked his head at the door. He could still hear the pink haired vampire (he was surprised for a moment when he figured that out) humming outside the door.

The human in front of him immediately started shaking his head, “N-N-N-No! What-What-What are you talking about?! We’re not together or anything and-“

Dante raised a hand, “Alright, alright, calm down kid. I was just yanking your chain. What did you need?”

Tsukune took a moment to calm down again. Then he looked around, trying to see if there were any other students watching them. When he was certain no one was there, he leaned forward and whispered, “Uh...so...that stuff...that stuff you said about h-h-humans. Did...did you really mean it?”

Dante raised an eyebrow, pretending to be confused, “!00%. Why you asking? Cause you’re human?”

Tsukune backed up and started waving his hands through the air, “No! I’m not human! I’m totally a-“

“Yeah. You are human. I knew from the moment I saw ya,” Dante tapped his nose, “Don’t have the same smell as the rest of them, kid.”

Tsukune’s face went pale.

Dante put a finger to his lips, “Ah, ah. Don’t you worry. My lips are sealed. Besides, I’m human too. Well, kind of.”

“Wait...really?!” Tsukune suddenly grabbed one of Dante’s hands. The young man’s eyes were pleading, “Please help me! I don’t know how this happened! My parents got this invitation, then I got on a bus, then Moka-san ran into me, then she sucked my blood and I-“

Dante put his free hand over the boy’s mouth. He looked around to be sure that no one had heard them. When he was sure they weren’t overhead, he took his hand off the boy’s jaw. Then he shook his head, “How about you start from the beginning, kid?”

Tsukune, once he had calmed down, proceeded to do exactly that. He told Dante everything that had happened up to that point...minus the part about him touching Moka’s inner thigh. Dante just took the whole story in stride while nodding along with the boy’s words. When he finished talking, Dante nodded, “So, put simply, your parents got an invitation for you to go a high school...and just decided to send you there without even looking into it?”

“Ye-yeah. Essentially,” Tsukune rubbed the back of his neck.

“Then if you know this, why aren’t you leaving?”

“Huh?”

“Kid, I understand the whole ‘fish outta water scenario is appealing’, but you’re basically a fish sent into a ocean filled with sharks. If you don’t get outta here soon, you’re gonna end up hurt. And it’ll be worse than some girl snacking on your neck,” Dante tapped his own neck for emphasis.

“It-It’s not like I haven’t thought of it. But...it’s just that-“

“Tsukune~,” a cheery, extremely girly voice came from the door next to them. Moka poked her head into the room, her face the picture of innocence, “are you still talking with Dante-sensei?”

“Moka! Uh, well, I,” Dante looked at the human boy...and sighed.

He muttered “Called it” under his breath. Then he waved a hand at the vampire, smiling as he said, “No need for the ‘sensei’ stuff, Fangs. Just call me Dante. Oh, and your friend here will be right with you in a moment.”

“OK! Thanks, Dante-sensei!” she ducked out of the room as quick as she came.

Tsukune let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding in. Dante shook his head, “Really, kid? I mean, I know you’re a teenager. But are you really sure your life is worth getting a girl? There are plenty of girls out there that don’t have ‘Is a man-eating monster’ as a major factor in terms of dating them, right?”

“Dating?! Me...me and...me and Moka-san-“

Aaaaannnnddd he’s panicking again.

This is gonna be a bit of a pain.

He’ll need some help for this.

Dante grinned then threw his arm around Tsukune’s shoulder. He pulled the kid closer and said, “Don’t you worry, Lover Boy. As your reliable Teacher’s Assistant, I’ll be sure to keep you safe and give you all the advice you never wanted.”

“Uh, but...thanks, Dante-se...I-I mean, Dante. But...what are you going to do?”

“First, we’re gonna go get someone else involved in this. Someone who’s assistance will ensure my guidance sticks inside that malleable head of yours. Someone who, while not as good as me, is still a damn good teacher.”

“And here’s you book. Be sure to return it before the two week deadline.”

“Yes, Vergil-san~” a disguised lamia said, a dreamy look in her eyes as she picked up the book Vergil had given her. Vergil ignored it and turned back to his own reading. He had three books on his desk.

One was a book on Magical Theory and Practice. The first thing he needed to learn was how the magic in this world worked. For that, he needed to study the basics. Thus the reason for reading through the entirety first volume of the three volume serious. What he had discovered had been enlightening. This world’s magic was based off a type of energy called “Yokai Power”. This power circulated throughout all monsters, allowing them to use it to perform impossible feats of strength. However, this power was different to the one Vergil and Dante called upon. And, in many ways, far weaker. Many of the Yokai’s own magic came with severe caveats and drawbacks. Such as summoning causing the summoner harm in return for using their summoned creatures. These things would be useful to know for both getting them home, and to help them against any Yokai they may need to fight.

Another was a book detailing the history of the Academy itself. It was a sparse book, one that Vergil managed to finish reading in an afternoon. And one that he was certain had it’s history modified to paint a different picture of the school. After all, it only detailed the fact that the Headmaster founded the Academy, then constructed the barrier keeping it hidden. A rather short description for a place such as this. The Headmaster’s own collection of books would likely tell him more.

And lastly, the book he was currently reading was a poetry book.

He gave his over to his son.

Thus, he needed a replacement.

He leaned back in his chair, enjoying the silence of the Library around him.

Then that silence was broken by the door being pushed open.

“Hey, Vergil!”

Vergil’s ears twitched. Of course, he would show up now.

Out the corner of his eye, Vergil saw his brother walking towards his desk. At his left was a young man, clearly human, who looked white as a sheet. His eyes kept darting between Dante, Vergil, and the other students in the Library. Sweat dripped down his body in rivers. Latched to the human’s arm was a pink haired vampire girl. She didn’t seem to really understand what was going on, if the innocent smile on her face was anything to go by.

Vergil could tell that the human was the primary reason Dante had appeared. Which meant that he was expecting something out of him.

With a groan Vergil closed his book and turned to face his brother, “What do you want, Dante?”

“Oh, come now, is that anyway to greet your little brother?” Dante held his arms out to his sides.

Ignoring his words, Vergil shot a glare at the human boy. He jumped back with an “Eep!” that made Vergil scowl. The vampire seemed to notice the boy’s distress and started trying to calm him down.

Vergil turned back to Dante, “I have no interest in whatever it is you’re doing here, brother. Please, leave my Library.”

“Don’t be so dismissive. All I was gonna do was ask if you could help me out with Lover Boy here,” Dante jerked a thumb at the human in question. He leaned forward until he could whisper into Vergil’s ear, “Kid’s not gonna last a year here without some help. Figured I’d come ask you to lend a helping hand.”

“Why would I ever wish to do that?” Vergil said in response.

“Cause you’re one of the staff here, like me. And if we let one of our students get killed under our watch, which you’re now apart of since you know he’s human like I do, we’ll probably get axed. Which means you lose access to all these books you like.”

Dante waved his hand at the Library around them.

Vergil glared at him.

Dante met his stare with a cocky one of his own.

The two’s staring contest went on for minutes on end.

Tsukune and Moka stopped to stare at the brothers, neither one willing to give an inch. Tsukune felt sweat drip down his brow, while Moka looked between the two with a confused expression on her face.

“....Fine,” Vergil finally relented, “But know that I will make you regret this.”

Dante patted Vergil on the shoulder, “Course you will, older brother. Now then, Lover Boy. Here.”

Dante tossed something at Tsukune. Caught off guard, the boy fumbled his catch, but managed to grab what Dante had thrown at him out of the air. He pulled it close to his face...and then somehow went paler than ever.

“Uh....D-D-D-Dante? What is this?”

“That’s one of my babies, Ivory. You’re gonna learn how to defend yourself, Lover Boy. And the first thing we’re gonna try, is teaching you how to use a gun.”

“....WHAT?!” Moka and Tsukune shouted in unison.

“Be silent in the library!” Vergil hissed at the two of them.

They both clammed up.

20. eveakane

eveakane I'm definitely a Hooman

I now have the mental image of a cat Vergil.

21. TheDarkGenious

TheDarkGenious Must Consume Content; Alleviate Boredom

I now have the mental image of grumpy catboys Virgil and Nero and it is Your fault!

22. Savanna

Lol funny enough I'm pretty sure I read a fate day night and DMC 5 crossover with Vergil in it and he end up banging tamo

23. Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika The Devil Exists Within

Sorry this is so late; lagged behidn on QQ, and have practically stopped trying to keep up. I was referring to the fact you had chapter 4.1 and then 4...which included 4.1, so for the sake of preventing confusion to people using reader mode, get rid of the duplicate 4.1 only and convert 4.2 to just 4. PS/Pre-Edit: just saw that the 4.1 is part of the separate Extra tab, and thus wouldn't be an issue in my scenario. My bad.

We have seen a number of official-canon depictions of Dante as a child, and this isn't really accurate...on the other hand, it definitely fits his character to ignore his own faults :p

*insert Captain America, "I got that reference" meme* A little inaccurate though. Demi-Fiend never killed the Great Will, at least ingame, and I assume Dante wouldn't have joined Lucifer's army (considering he didn't join Mundus :p) in the True Demon ending

24. John Smith ROS

John Smith ROS Reaper Of Souls

Which Version of her?

25. Savanna

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  26. Laxard

Laxard I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ha, Dante being a guest boss in Nocturn is confirmed, I guess Fiend kicked his ass then.

Weird to see him giving his favourite gun to some random guy thought.

And lol, Dante thinking than one or two corpses will get him axed. He clearly have no idea how things are going on here yet.

Can't wait to see him fighting against Disciplinary Committee.

27. LinkOnScepter

Oh, Tsukune isn't keeping that gun.

Dante's first objective is to test him.

28. LinkOnScepter

Alright. Finally finished the Manga.

Saw what everybody was talking about.

And lets just say I've got some plans.

Man, Dante and Vergil are gonna kick some old people in the ass.

29. Savanna

Context please I have only saw the anime

30. LinkOnScepter

I don't wanna spoil everything, so I would suggest you go read the Manga.

But, long story short, the Manga turns into a full on Battle Anime and everything turns out to have been planned by Mikogami.

Oh. And the Main Bad Guy was pulling a fucking Lelouch.