1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Devils + Vampire (Post-DMC 5 X Rosario + Vampire Fanfic)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by LinkOnScepter, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Threadmarks: Chapter 6: On The Rooftop
    LinkOnScepter

LinkOnScepter Versed in the lewd.

“I-I-I’m not sure about this, Dante,” Tsukune said, his arms feeling weak and heavy. His body shook in the surprisingly warm light of the sun. He looked around the roof of Yokai Academy, sweat falling from his head like rain as his blank eyes turned back to Dante, “I-I-I-I don’t think I can do this.”

Dante, standing off to one side of Tsukune, shook his head, “Look, Lover Boy. If you’re planning to stay at this school, you’re gonna have to learn to defend yourself. The first thing we gotta try is the easiest way for a human like yourself to stand up to monsters.”

“With a gun!?” Tsukune said, having difficulty holding Ivory in both hands. Partially because of how heavy the gun felt, and partially because he was scared out of his mind. When the high schooler had first learned that Dante wanted to help him, he was completely ecstatic. The fact that there was someone in this school he could turn to for help comforted him greatly. Especially when he learned that Dante was human like him. It meant he wasn’t completely alone in this school for monsters.

That changed when Dante handed him a gun, led him up to the school roof, told Moka-chan to stay in the school, then told him to shoot his gun at Dante’s brother Vergil the Patron Librarian!

Now?

Now, Tsukune thought Dante was insane.

And, judging by how Vergil didn’t seem bothered at all by the fact that Dante, his own brother, told Tsukune to shoot a gun at him, he was certain that Vergil was just as insane.

As the high schooler stood on the roof, knees knocking together as he held Ivory in both hands, Vergil shook his head in frustration. He turned to his brother, “This isn’t going to work, Dante. The child clearly doesn’t have the stomach for this.”

Dante dismissed his brother’s concerns with a wave of his hand, “Don’t count him out yet, Vergil. He hasn’t even started aiming yet. Here, let me help ya out there.”

Dante got to his feet and walked over to the trembling high school student. Tsukune didn’t dare flinch lest the gun go off in his hand. Dante took up position next to Tsukune, gently grabbed his right arm, then helped him move it up. The entire time he was instructing the kid on how to properly hold a firearm.

“See, holding a gun like this one handed? That’s not gonna work for you. What ya gotta do, is hold it in both hands. Have them covering the grip on both sides, while your finger’s on the trigger. Stay away from the slides, and watch out for this here ejector. If your fingers or thumbs are anywhere near that, you’ll lose ‘em,” Dante kept slightly adjusting Tsukune’s stance. Only when the boy’s shaking had calmed somewhat and he was properly gripping the weapon did Dante let go.

Dante made a rectangle with his fingers and thumbs, centering Tsukune in his vision. He nodded as he did so, “Alright, you’re good kid. Now pull the trigger.”

“What?! No!” Tsukune shook his head, his shaking coming back.

Dante rolled his eyes, “Lover Boy, listen. You want to stick around here, right?”

“No!”

“Then you’re alright with leaving Fangs alone without any friends?” Dante jerked a thumb towards the entrance to the roof.

Tsukune understood that he was talking about Moka. He audibly gulped as he answered, “M-M-Moka-chan is a-a-a vampire. I’m sure she’ll make more friends here. In a school of monsters.”

“Maybe, but she wants to be friends with you,” Dante pointed at Tsukune. The boy’s expression turned into one of confusion. Dante clicked his tongue, “Don’t tell me you didn’t notice it, Lover Boy? Even after I tossed ya one of the ladies, she didn’t leave your side for a second. She likes you. And if you leave, she’ll be pretty dang sad.”

“And it is obvious you carry similar feelings, boy,” Vergil said in support of Dante. It caught Tsukune off guard, to the point where the boy flinched at the sound of Vergil’s voice. Vergil rolled his eyes, “If you wish to ensure your connection doesn’t come to abrupt end, then you must gain enough power to defend yourself. Without it, you will die here.”

Those words made Tsukune’s face go pale.

Dante groaned, “Damn it, Vergil. You were supposed to be encouraging him, not scaring him even more.”

“If the truth scares him, then he will not be able to continue at this school,” was Vergil’s harsh reply.

“Don’t worry about my brother, Lover Boy. Just point at him and pull the trigger,” Dante pointed a finger at Vergil then made a “bang” noise with his mouth.

Tsukune looked between the two brothers. Then his eyes centered onto Vergil. His breathing became rapid, he could feel sweat dripping down his palms, and his legs wouldn’t stop shaking. He could hear his heart beating in his chest as time seemed to slow down. His shaking finger kept tapping on Ivory’s trigger...

With a gasp he fell to the floor, dropping Ivory while both hands went to grasp his chest. The gun slid across the ground until it stopped in front of Dante. Tsukune kept shaking his head while mumbling, “I...I can’t. I can’t. I can’t...I can’t.”

He slowly looked up, expecting to see Dante and Vergil looking at him with disappointment. His expectations were only half-right. Vergil was looking at him with disappointment, but Dante had a grin on his face.

He picked up Ivory and turned it over in his right hand. Then he pointed it at Vergil and pulled the trigger...only for the click of an empty magazine to sound across the roof.

Tsukune looked at Dante with shock on his face, “It...it was empty?”

“Yep. You didn’t seriously think I was gonna give a high school kid a loaded gun, did you?” Dante said while twirling his gun in his hand. He settled it into the usual grip style he used, nonchalantly looking the object over, “Though, that’s only partially true. The other part? Hey, Vergil. Think fast!”

In the blink of an eye Dante pointed his gun at Vergil and pulled the trigger. This time a bullet flew from the barrel along side a spent casing hitting the tiles below.

Just as quickly, Vergil knocked the bullet away with a swipe of the Yamato.

Tsukune couldn’t even keep up with what happened. All he knew was that he saw Dante pull the trigger, then Vergil moved and the sound of metal bouncing off something echoed through the air. He scrambled onto his backside, head whipping around as he tried to figure out exactly what happened. Dante’s gun hadn’t been empty? But...he didn’t see him put anything in it. And it had clicked empty when he pulled the trigger before. And what did Vergil do? Did he...did he block the bullet?

Dante’s shadow fell over Tsukune. He offered the boy his hand. Not knowing what else to do, Tsukune took it. Dante pulled him to his feet as Vergil walked over to join the two of them. Then Dante began to speak, “Alright, Lover Boy. The second part was a test. Trying to see if you had the stomach to actually shoot somebody. Truth be told, I’m kind of relieved you didn’t do it. Any normal human who can just pull a trigger on some random guy cause someone else told them to ain’t right in the head.”

He tapped his temple for emphasis. Tsukune looked at Dante in confusion, “So...you’re not mad?”

“Not at all.”

“So, I didn’t do anything wrong?”

“Nope. In fact, you did everything right.”

“Then...why did you give me your gun? In fact, where is your gun?” Tsukune’s eyes went wide as he started looking Dante up and down, searching for Ivory. Which was nowhere to be seen on Dante’s person.

Dante patted Tsukune’s shoulder, “Don’t worry about it, kid. I’m sure she’ll show up again at some point. As for why I did that? It’s cause I’m trying to figure out what to do with you.”

“What to do with me? Aren’t you going to protect me?”

“Foolish child,” Vergil responded with an unamused tone, “We are not your bodyguards nor your parents. As I stated before, the only one who can be responsible for your own safety is you. If you wish to live in this school, then you need to get enough power to do so.”

Tsukune flinched away from Vergil, “What? Me!? But I can’t...I...I’m just-“

“A normal human. Yeah, we know,” Dante said with a shrug, “But there’s plenty of ways that normal people can stand up to monsters. This place wouldn’t exist if there weren’t. The first, and easiest, is the tried and true method; A fuckton of firepower. There’s a certain human woman I know who manages to be a damn good monster hunter. Possibly as good as me. All just by having a crap ton of weaponry and ammunition. So, that’s what I was gonna do with you.”

“Something that I already knew was doomed to fail. We are in Japan, Dante. This nation has stricter gun laws than the western nations. Even if this child had the will to pull the trigger, you would have no way to help him get the weapons he requires,” Vergil explained with a shake of his head.

“Couldn’t have told me that earlier, Vergil?”

“I had expected you to know it. But I suppose the hope that you would actually research the laws of the land we are in was in vain.”

Tsukune was speechless. He kept looking between Dante and Vergil with both shock and fear in his eyes. These two were talking about guns and killing monsters like it was an average everyday occurrence for them. Who the heck were they? Were...were they really human?

Dante waved off Vergil’s concerns. He turned back to Tsukune and raised up two fingers, “Well, with the ‘give you a bunch of guns’ plan shot down, that leaves me with two more ideas for how to keep you safe. The first is to teach you martial arts. And none of that fake ‘self-defense’ stuff. I mean the kind of stuff that lets you run up walls and punch people through them.”

“Wait...that stuff’s real?!” Tsukune was honestly surprised.

“Yes, though likely can’t be done by humans of this world. Not naturally anyway,” Vergil explained, “Based on my research, supernatural techniques are limited to those who can utilize Yokai Energy. Which are primarily monsters.”

“Thankfully for you, Lover Boy, me and my brother here are experts at breaking the rules,” Dante explains while placing his hands behind his head, “Course, the training is gonna be harsh and take a long ass time. We’ll probably need to spend days and nights figuring out how to open you up to the real stuff.”

Dante shadowboxed at the air for a bit. Tsukune remained silent, completely stunned by what was happening. He turned his attention to Vergil, the older brother looking at him with an neutral expression. Vergil shook his head, “While I usually wouldn’t get involved in this, my brother has clearly taken an interest in your safety. For the sake of stopping him from bothering me about this again, I am willing to offer my own ways to help you gain power. But where my brother’s training may focus on the physical, my training will be far more difficult.”

“H-How?” Tsukune asked, though he dreaded the answer.

“If you wish to train with me, then your training will focus gaining magical might and spiritual fortitude. We shall induct you into the arcane, so that reality itself will bend to your will,” Vergil held out a hand before curling it into a closed fist.

Dante rolled his eyes, getting out of his boxing stance, “Really, Vergil? You’re just gonna scare the kid again if you talk like that. And, ‘inducting you into the arcane’? What are ya? An old dude with a white beard in charge of a magic school?”

“It is more likely to work than your suggestion of martial arts training. And, for your information, the way that author depicts magic in her works is far different to mine. Do not compare what I can do to such writing,” Vergil responded with a sense of pride in his voice.

“Wait, wait, wait!” Tsukune put up his hands, making both brother’s go silent. He shook his head, expression one of exasperation and fear, “Martial Arts? Magic? Wh-why would I need to do any of that? I’m just a normal high schooler. Why can’t I just go home and forget all of this?”

“Oh, you can,” Dante said while crossing his arms, “Just say the word and I’ll take you right to the exit myself.”

“Well then let-“

“But, do you actually want to? And I mean that seriously, kid.”

Tsukune went silent. He wanted to say yes. Every fiber of his being was telling him to take Dante up on his offer. To just pack his stuff up and leave the Academy behind. Go to a normal school. With normal kids. Where he doesn’t have to worry about being eaten. Or having his blood sucked. Or having to learn martial arts or magic from two crazy people.

But...

“I...I don’t know,” Tsukune said, turning away from Dante.

“That’s the thing, Lover Boy. I would love nothing more than to take you outta here...but that’s only if you want to leave,” Dante said while stretching his arms into the air, “Wouldn’t want to get to the exit, then have you turn around cause you suddenly had a change of heart.”

“But...why do I have to make this decision? I’m just a first year high schooler!”

“One who is currently residing in a nest of vipers,” Vergil responded while jerking his head towards the entrance to the school, “In such a circumstance, one must grow up quickly. Lest one lose their life.”

“Hate to say I agree with my brother there, but he’s right,” Dante said with a shrug, “The decision is yours, kid. No one else’s.”

“Well...then...I-“

“Tsukune!”

The two men and one high schooler were suddenly interrupted by a girlish scream. All three turned towards the entrance to the roof, seeing Moka pushing the door open. Her eyes were wide as she focused on the human student. Then she rushed over to him.

“Moka-san!” Tsukune exclaimed as the pink haired vampire ran behind him, “What’s wrong?”

“Hey, come back! Don’t you want to play with me?”

Tsukune felt a chill run down his spine. From the entrance he saw the student that said he wanted to kill humans in Ms. Nekonome’s class come through. His dyed blonde hair was slicked back and his uniform’s blazer was open to reveal his white undershirt. Tsukune remembered his name as Komiya Saizo and, judging by the glare the taller boy leveled at him, the delinquent remembered him too. Tsukune tried to step back, but felt Moka holding onto the back of his uniform. He was forced to remain in place as the taller student stalked towards him.

An evil smirk came over Saizo’s face, “Oh, it’s you. That asshole who’s hogging Moka-chan to himself. What are you doing up here?”

“We-well-well I, uh, um,” Tsukune stammered out as the other student got closer.

Saizo let out a mocking laugh, “What’s wrong? Scared of little old me? If that’s the case, how about you move aside? I need to talk with Moka-chan. Isn’t that right, cutey?”

Moka only pressed herself closer to Tsukune. Seeing this, Saizo grimaced and started reaching out towards the boy. Tsukune felt his heart skip a beat as the student’s large hand got closer.

That was when Dante appeared and grabbed Saizo by the wrist. All eyes turned to the Teacher’s Assistant, who wagged his finger in Saizo’s face, “Now, now, Blondey. You know what they say: Nobody likes a bully. And Fangs here clearly doesn’t want to go with you. So, how bout you run on back to class?”

Saizo grunted, not moving his hand back but turning his other into a fist, “Don’t try to lecture me, teach. Don’t you know that the only rule in this place is might makes right?”

“Hmm, pretty sure Kitty Cat didn’t say anything like that,” Dante tapped a finger against his chin, “and even if she did, I don’t think anyone should necessarily follow that philosophy. I’m more of a free love kind of guy myself.”

Saizo gave a cocky smirk, “Oh yeah? Well then, let me be the first to intro-“

Five seconds.

That how much time passed between Saizo lifting his free arm to swing at Dante, and Dante laying him out on the floor.

First, Dante increased his grip on the student’s wrist. That was one second.

Then, he grabbed the crook of Saizo’s arm and stomped on the student’s right foot. That was two seconds.

Lastly, he turned around and put the student’s arm over his shoulder before pulling forward and throwing him to the ground in a practiced Judo Throw. That took the last two seconds.

When it was over, Moka, Tsukune, and Saizo could only stare at Dante in awe.

Dante, hand still on Saizo’s wrist, helped the student get to his feet before guiding him towards the door to the roof. He patted the student on the back, cocky grin still on his face, “You should be more careful there, Blondey. They just polished this roof. Real easy to trip and fall if you don’t pay attention. Good thing your responsible TA was here to help you out. Now, run along to your next class.”

Saizo, pride injured at how easily he had been dispatched, pulled away from Dante with an angry huff. This time Dante let him go. He sent a glare at Dante, before turning it towards Tsukune. He spoke through gritted teeth,“This isn’t over.”

Then he walked through the door and down the stairs.

“That, right there,” Dante said, pointing a thumb in the direction Saizo went, “That’s why you need to learn how to defend yourself. But, me and Verg won’t force you into it. Partially cause it’s gotta be your decision, and partially cause it’s almost time for class. We’re gonna head off to do our jobs. You spend some time with Fangs and try to figure out what you’re gonna do, Lover Boy. Come to one of us when you’ve finally figured it out. Come on, Vergil. Lets go before anyone starts missing us.”

Dante waved for Vergil to follow. Rolling his eyes, Vergil nonetheless followed after Dante. The two brothers soon left the roof. Leaving Tsukune and Moka alone.

Tsukune was, once again, completely speechless.

He didn’t know what to think. Everything had happened so fast. He got to this school, found out Yokai exist, ran into two crazy people who were (supposedly) also humans, and now had to choose between getting superpowers or leaving the school? What kind of choice was that? How did he life get so crazy so quickly? He found his mind swirling with so many thoughts that he started feeling dizzy.

That is...until Moka pulled him into a hug and pressed his head into her chest.

All other thoughts left his head.

Mainly because he started thinking about how he couldn’t breathe.

“I was so scared!” Moka cried, holding the human tighter against her, “Thank you for protecting me, Tsukune-kun.”

Tsukune mumbled something inaudible into Moka’s chest. Realizing she couldn’t hear him, she released her hold on him somewhat. After getting his breath back, Tsukune spoke with a blush on his cheeks, “What-what are you talking about? Dante was the one who stopped Saizo.”

Moke nodded, “Yeah, but you were the one who didn’t run away when he started acting scary. You...you protected me just as much as Dante did. And for that....thank you.”

Tsukune was about to argue...but Moka’s innocent expression and cute smile made the words die in his throat. He could do little save stare at Moka in shock. That shock only grew as she started to draw her face closer to his. Her lips were pursed and her eyes started to close. Tsukune felt his heart beat fast as he thought she was going to kiss him.

...Then her mouth turned towards his neck.

She bared her fangs and bit down on his skin.

He cried out in pain, but no one could hear him.

“Why are you trying to help that boy, Dante?” Vergil asked his brother as the two of them walked through the halls of Yokai Academy, “If he gets himself killed, that is of no concern to you.”

“That’s where you’re wrong, Vergil,” Dante said while keeping his hands behind his back, “Lover Boy is in a pretty bad position right now. He’s a human in a school full of monsters that will eat him if he gives them half a chance. Not because of anything he did, but because he’s being used as a chess piece in someone else game. I couldn’t in good conscious let him get himself killed knowing that.”

Vergil turned to regard Dante with the slightest amount of surprise, “Then you have also realized that the Headmaster is plotting something?”

“Not hard to figure out, if you take into account everything he told us,” Dante admitted with a shrug, “Don’t know the details, but I hate it on the principal that an adult shouldn’t be involving kids in their long reaching plans.”

Vergil nodded, “I admit, I underestimated you, brother.”

Dante didn’t bother hiding his smug grin, “What? Did you think I wouldn’t figure that out? Looks like I managed to get one over on you, dear brother of mine.”

Vergil scoffed then adjusted the collar of his cloak, “Either way, I am not very concerned about how that boy connects back to the Headmaster’s plans. Rather, I’m certain that the Demon has come to include us in those plan as well. And that is something I cannot abide.”

“Then I’m guessing we’re both planning to go give Gramps a call when classes let out for the day?” Vergil’s silent nod was all the confirmation Dante needed. His smile only grew as he walked side by side with his brother.

Finally got it in.

Also, I have now finished the Manga.

So, the spoilers thing has been lifted. As I already have plans on how I'm gonna handle certain things in the future.

2. UnfortunateWatcher

UnfortunateWatcher Getting sticky.

Perfect timing on this. I'm currently suffering through Dante Must Die M20 on Virgil. I can still hear "Royal Guard!" Echoing in my ears.

G. Tony, RGFJ, Warbros and 6 others like this.
  3. LinkOnScepter

Capcom: This is how it feels to fight Players when they use Royal Guard all the time.

Players: Oh god, I regret everything I've ever done in my life!

4. DannyPhantom619

DannyPhantom619 Not too sore, are you?

He wouldn't be Tony Redgrave if he didn't know how to investigate.

5. UnfortunateWatcher

UnfortunateWatcher Getting sticky.

It’s even more BS than that. I had him at a sliver of health, he was maybe 1 or 2 Judgement Cuts away from death. And then IN THE MIDDLE OF BEING KNOCKED BACK he Royal Guards my Judgement Cut.
    Usually it’s my own eagerness to attack that gets me killed but not that time.

6. TheDarkGenious

TheDarkGenious Must Consume Content; Alleviate Boredom

Dear God that fucking fight.

I cannot fo the life of me remember how I managed it beyond keeping him stunned whenever possible and spamming Vergil's trick dodges like a proper Souls-vet

7. Savanna

Savanna Versed in the lewd.

I used a lot of golden orbs to res myself...

8. Extras: Chapter 7.1
    LinkOnScepter

“And you’re sure that’ll work, Dante?”

Dante smiled at the student as he wiped down Ms. Nekonome’s desk. He nodded his head at the disguised “Kappa” standing across from him, “Sure it’ll work. Just go up to her and tell her how you feel. Worst thing she can say is n-“

Dante stopped himself. He looked at the floor to hide the frown that appeared on his face. He had just remembered that he was giving this kid, a monster, advice on how to get a female monster to date him. There were, actually, plenty of things that she could do to him that were decidedly worse than just saying no.

When he got his smile back he met the kid’s eyes and shook his head, “Scratch that. Just go on and live a little, kid. But remember that getting a date ain’t worth losing blood over. Alright?”

The kappa nodded his head, green matted hair barely moving as he did so. A goofy smile split his face as he started heading towards the door, “Alright! I’m gonna go talk to Misuki-chan right now! Thanks, Dante-senpai!”

“Don’t mention it,” he shouted without watching the kid leave. When he heard the door close, he sighed with a shake of his head. He put the dust cloth into a drawer in Ms. Nekonome’s desk before leaping over it. He landed on the other side, picking up a bag that had been left for him as he did so. He started to walk along the room, reaching into the bag every now and then to get a clean cloth out. Then he used it to dust off the students’ desks as he passed by.

He had been with her for two more classes now and nothing really interesting had happened. He made sure to give both of the new groups of students a different greeting from the one with Lover Boy in it. Mainly to keep things interesting for him and the kids. Now he had some free time, but Kitty Cat asked him to clean up while she went off on her own. He didn’t really mind that much. It gave him some time to himself. Let him consider a few things.

The first thing on his mind was what he was gonna do for lunch? Obviously he would drag Vergil along. The two hadn’t had a family dinner together since...forever. So, he figured it would be a good idea to have one. Especially since, technically speaking, they didn’t have to worry about demons destroying the world anytime soon. Though, he was worried that Vergil would get him to go somewhere really fancy. Rather than accept the simple pleasures of finding a pizza joint or a ice cream shop and enjoying each others company. Well...in a way that didn’t involve them trying to kill each other.

As he walked down the rows of chairs, he spotted a crumbled up wad of paper on the floor. With a cheeky grin, he kicked the paper ball up onto his foot. He kicked it a few extra times to keep it in the air. Alternating between feet he eventually managed to get a rhythm going. Once he counted up to fifty kicks, he did one more that sent the wad into a trash can next to Kitty Cat’s desk.

“It’s good,” he said to himself with a chuckle. Then he went back to cleaning the room.

The second thing on his mind concerned Lover Boy. Specifically, how he was gonna manage teaching the kid anything. With the “Give him a bunch of guns” plan scrapped, he had to actually put in some work to help him out. Which was easier said than done. Dante was good at a lot of things. But something he had never had to do was teach someone else how to do...anything really. Well, someone who wasn’t already at his level or near it like Nero was. He had no frame of reference for how he was gonna actually show the human kid how to fight. Not to mention that most of his own skills were more instinctual than anything. He had trained to ensure that his fighting prowess was at the pinnacle, sure. But, usually, he just “got” things when it came to fighting. The best ways to use his Devil Arms came naturally to him.

That’s not to say he’s completely without a paddle when it came to training the human. At the end of the day, Martial Arts was, at its most basic, finding the best way to block and throw a punch or kick. Something anyone could learn with enough repetition. Granted for a normal person that repetition will usually take weeks or even months of study and practice. But it was possible. So, leading the kid through some basic moves to both take and throw a punch would work at the start. From there, though...he wasn’t entirely sure.

He frowned while wiping down one of the desk. When the dust cloth seemed to be getting too dirty, he replaced it with a new one. Then he went back to cleaning.

Teaching the kid normal Martial Arts was easy. It was getting into the “real stuff” that would be difficult. Him and his brother had the luxury of their own demonic power sources to draw from for their abilities. And, unless Lover Boy was hiding something, he didn’t have that. Or that “Yokai Power” stuff that Vergil was talking about. Meaning Dante would need to figure out some other way to get the kid into the Supernatural side of Martial Arts.

Loaning the kid a Devil Arm was a possibility. But that was-

Dante stopped what he was doing. He looked up from the desk he was wiping down and turned his attention towards the door to the classroom. The next moment a student, clearly a third-year if Dante remembered the uniforms each class got correctly, stepped into the room. He was taller than any of the students Dante had met so far. Actually came up to Dante’s neck. Kid looked like he was almost old enough to drink. He wore a black version of the Academy’s uniform, with dark brown hair that fell down the back of his neck. He wore glasses over his dark brown eyes, and stepped into the room with a air of curiosity about him.

His gaze met Dante’s a second later. The student straightened up and bowed deeply in greeting, “Oh, so you are in here. Greetings. My name is Kaneshiro Hokuto, the Student Council President of Yokai Academy. Would I be correct in suggesting you are the new Teacher’s Assistant that was recently hired?”

Dante put on his trademark grin. He put his dust cloth in the bag and leaned against one of the desk, “That would be me. Name’s Dante. Just Dante. Don’t really do all that honorifics stuff you kids like to do.”

“So, you are a foreigner, then?” Kaneshiro asked while straightening himself.

“Yep. Born and raised in a little hole in the wall somewhere in the west. Can’t hardly remember a thing about it though,” Dante shrugged before heading over to the student. He stopped a respectable distance from Kaneshiro, “So, what’s Mr. President doing here? Shouldn’t you be off at one of your official meetings?”

Kaneshiro shook his head, “Oh, no. We’re not going to be meeting this week. It’s meant to give us sometime to get used to the new year. And say hello to the incoming first years.”

Dante nodded, “Ah, alright then. But, sorry to say, you’re a bit late to say hello to these first years. They’ve all gone off to do their own things.”

Dante waved an arm at the empty classroom. Kaneshiro chuckled, “I can see that. But, no. I came here to greet you.”

“Really now?” Dante raised an eyebrow.

Kaneshiro stood straighter and looked into Dante’s eyes as he spoke, “As Student Council President, I am devoted to helping Yokai Academy reach its full potential. To ensure that the students here grow up safe and happy. So, that they may go out into the human world and become model citizens. In order to accomplish this, I must ensure I speak to all the Staff of the Academy. That way I am able to make the correct decisions to improve the lives of the students, while making things easier on the faculty members.”

“Thus, why I came to speak with you. I wanted to let you know that, if there is anything you believe needs to be done in regards to improving the school, then you can come to me about it,” Kaneshiro ended his speech with closed eyes and a warm smile.

Dante whistled, “Quite a speech there, Mr. President. But why give it to me? I just got hired and don’t know much about this place. Still need to go on a full tour of it.”

Dante walked over to Ms. Nekonome’s desk. He leaned his back against it and stretched his arms towards the ceiling. He closed both his eyes but waved a hand to show he was still listening to the third year. Kaneshiro continued, “That’s actually a boon in my eyes, Dante. Your inexperience with the school can offer new insight that someone who has been her for years couldn’t give. Especially due to your origins. Such as, if you don’t mind my asking, what is something that western schools do that would improve this Academy if we were to implement it?”

“Do you guys serve pizza in the lunch room?” Dante was quick to ask.

Kaneshiro blinked. Then he cleared his throat, “Um, I’m sorry. Could you repeat that?”

“Pizza. You know? Round, hot, covered in cheese, tomato sauce, and all kinds of toppings? You serve that here? I didn’t get an definitive answer when I asked Gramps. So, I figured you’d be the next best person to bring it up to,” Dante explained.

“Gramps?”

“Your Headmaster. The guy who hired me.”

“Oh,” Kaneshiro looked at the ground. He placed a hand on the back of his head as he thought about Dante’s question. Then he answered, “I don’t believe so. Do you think that would improve morale among the students if we did so?”

“100%,” Dante’s voice was filled with confidence, “There’s not a single person on this planet that doesn’t like a good pizza pie. Serve that at lunch? The students will be going crazy for it.”

“I see. I will...see what I can do,” Kaneshiro said before looking up at the clock in the classroom. He nodded his head, “I think it’s about time I left. Thank you for giving me a moment of your time, Dante. I hope we can speak again later.”

“Sure thing, Mr. President,” Dante said while waving the kid off. Kaneshiro had just put his hand on the door when Dante called out to him, “Oh, but one more thing before you.”

Kaneshiro stopped and turned to give Dante his full attention. His eyes were closed and his grin was back, “Did you need something from me, Dante?”

“Not exactly. Just wanted to give you some friendly advice. As thanks for listening to my proposal.”

“Ah. Well, I’d welcome anything you have to tell me. I’m certain it’ll help me improve the school. What did you wish to say?”

“If you try to hurt others because you’re hurting, it doesn’t make the pain go away.”

Silence fell between the two.

Dante had opened one of his eyes and had it locked on Kaneshiro.

Kaneshiro still had his grin on his face.

After a few seconds of silence, the third year spoke, “Forgive me, Dante. But I’m not sure what you mean by that.”

Dante shrugged, “Just giving you some pointers. I know a little something about wearing masks to hide your true feelings, kid. And let me tell you, yours is paper thin. I don’t know what happened to ya to make ya like this. But making a bunch of other people’s lives miserable because yours was won’t make you feel better. Trust me.”

Dante saw Kaneshiro’s lips twitch. His mask cracked just a little bit. Then it came back as the Student Council President hummed, “I see. I’ll be sure to keep that in mind. Thank you, Dante.”

“No problem. Oh, and tell that friend of yours that he’s not as sneaky as he thinks he is. I knew he entered the room before you, and saw him move into the shadows over there,” he pointed a finger in the direction of a corner of the classroom. His eye locked onto it, then followed along as the invisible student in question left the room before Kaneshiro.

Kaneshiro pretended to not see anything. He just tilted his head in confusion, before excusing himself and leaving the room.

Dante let out an exasperated sigh, “Great. Another thing to add to the plate. Kid’ll probably be going after Vergil next.”

Dante chuckled, “Wish I could be there to see that.”

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  9. eveakane

eveakane I'm definitely a Hooman

Hokuto: greetings, sir librarian-
    Vergil: POWER

10. Savanna

Looks like Dante and Vergil already are going to be drag into another crazy world ending disaster lol

11. AlphaWolf112480

AlphaWolf112480 Versed in the lewd.

Can't wait to see the interaction

12. UltimateGrr

UltimateGrr I trust you know where the happy button is?

For a given value of "crazy world ending disaster" at any rate.

Like Alucard is so far below Dante and Vergil that the brothers will work harder getting dressed the morning of the fight than they will during it.

EDIT: R+V is a setting the brothers can basically sleepwalk through. The fact Alucard requires actual effort on their part says something about how strong he is compared to everything else in his setting.

13. Laxard

Laxard I trust you know where the happy button is?

I don't think that giving Devil Arms to Tsuao is an option, not only Devil Arms themselves can and will trow a fit, wielding any of them is likely to destroy his body.

If Dante sucessfully convinced Kaneshiro to introduce pizza to the Academy it's gonna be funny, considering who he is. Althought he can make it Hawaiian only because of all that hate. I wonder what is his feeling to having here someone he needed two years ago.

Virgil and books never ended up good, but let's hope he wised up and will not become a reason for yet another demonic invasion.

14. Extras: The Brothers' Arsenal
    LinkOnScepter

To give information on Dante's Arsenal for this Fic....

First he has every weapon he had by the end of DMC 5. So:

- The Devil Sword Dante (replaces Rebellion and The Devil Sword Sparda)
    - Cavaliere
    - Balrog
    - Faust Hat
    - Ebony And Ivory (though he always has those)
    - Coyote-A
    - The Double Kalina-Anns (AKA Two Rocket Launchers)
    - King Cerberus (The Version With Ice, Fire, and Lightning)

Next are the ones he's picked up over the series:

Melee Weapons:
    - Nevan (Cause, obviously. She'll be making an appearance eventually)
    - Gilgamesh (DMC 4 Gauntlets)
    - Lucifier (He still uses its rose, and honestly, the weapon is just so Dante)

Ranged Weapons/Guns:
    - Pandora (The Multiple Purposes Weapon From DMC 4)

Powers/Abilities:
    - Devil Trigger
    - Sin Devil Trigger
    - Quicksilver
    - Doppleganger

And that's about it for him. You could technically count Vergil's weapons too, but Vergil ain't gonna be lending those to Dante any time soon. Ifrit has basically been replaced by Balrog and he sold Agni and Rudra cause they wouldn't stop talking. Alongside Artemis and Spiral to pay the bills. I'm not counting any of his weapons from DMC 2, cause technically that was just a sword. Most of his explosive ranged weapons were sold as the Kalina-Anns are just better. Same with the submachine guns cause he can fire Ebony and Ivory fast enough to make them obsolete. I'm guessing Alastor was sold too.

As for Vergil...he has what he's always had in all his playable appearances:

- The Yamato
    - Mirage Edge (Replacing Force Edge)
    - Beowulf
    - Doppleganger (he still has his normal Devil Trigger but he doesn't use it as much now. Because he's Vergil. Of course he would drop a previous form once he got a more powerful one)
    - Sin Devil Trigger

RGFJ, Thallys94, jvfg9 and 13 others like this.
  15. Savanna

Gilgamesh is kinda reducent don't you think?

16. LinkOnScepter

Not exactly. Gilgamesh is a full body weapon that is mostly metal, hardly has a personality, and cuts straight through steel thanks to its properties.

Balrog is a gauntlet weapons focused around fire that has a personality, can switch between punch and kick modes, and is focused around power.

Gilgamesh is when Dante needs precision.

Balrog is when he wants to hurt someone. Or needs fire.

17. Threadmarks: Chapter 7: Kaneshiro And Kiria's Mistakes
    LinkOnScepter

"And you're sure that'll work, Dante?"

Dante smiled at the student as he wiped down Ms. Nekonome's desk. He nodded his head at the disguised "Kappa" standing across from him, "Sure it'll work. Just go up to her and tell her how you feel. Worst thing she can say is n-"

Dante stopped himself. He looked at the floor to hide the frown that appeared on his face. He had just remembered that he was giving this kid, a monster, advice on how to get a female monster to date him. There were, actually, plenty of things that she could do to him that were decidedly worse than just saying no.

When he got his smile back he met the kid's eyes and shook his head, "Scratch that. Just go on and live a little, kid. But remember that getting a date ain't worth losing blood over. Alright?"

The kappa nodded his head, green matted hair barely moving as he did so. A goofy smile split his face as he started heading towards the door, "Alright! I'm gonna go talk to Misuki-chan right now! Thanks, Dante-senpai!"

"Don't mention it," he shouted without watching the kid leave. When he heard the door close, he sighed with a shake of his head. He put the dust cloth into a drawer in Ms. Nekonome's desk before leaping over it. He landed on the other side, picking up a bag that had been left for him as he did so. He started to walk along the room, reaching into the bag every now and then to get a clean cloth out. Then he used it to dust off the students' desks as he passed by.

He had been with her for two more classes now and nothing really interesting had happened. He made sure to give both of the new groups of students a different greeting from the one with Lover Boy in it. Mainly to keep things interesting for him and the kids. Now he had some free time, but Kitty Cat asked him to clean up while she went off on her own. He didn't really mind that much. It gave him some time to himself. Let him consider a few things.

The first thing on his mind was what he was gonna do for lunch? Obviously he would drag Vergil along. The two hadn't had a family dinner together since...forever. So, he figured it would be a good idea to have one. Especially since, technically speaking, they didn't have to worry about demons destroying the world anytime soon. Though, he was worried that Vergil would get him to go somewhere really fancy. Rather than accept the simple pleasures of finding a pizza joint or a ice cream shop and enjoying each others company. Well...in a way that didn't involve them trying to kill each other.

As he walked down the rows of chairs, he spotted a crumbled up wad of paper on the floor. With a cheeky grin, he kicked the paper ball up onto his foot. He kicked it a few extra times to keep it in the air. Alternating between feet he eventually managed to get a rhythm going. Once he counted up to fifty kicks, he did one more that sent the wad into a trash can next to Kitty Cat's desk.

"It's good," he said to himself with a chuckle. Then he went back to cleaning the room.

The second thing on his mind concerned Lover Boy. Specifically, how he was gonna manage teaching the kid anything. With the "Give him a bunch of guns" plan scrapped, he had to actually put in some work to help him out. Which was easier said than done. Dante was good at a lot of things. But something he had never had to do was teach someone else how to do...anything really. Well, someone who wasn't already at his level or near it like Nero was. He had no frame of reference for how he was gonna actually show the human kid how to fight. Not to mention that most of his own skills were more instinctual than anything. He had trained to ensure that his fighting prowess was at the pinnacle, sure. But, usually, he just "got" things when it came to fighting. The best ways to use his Devil Arms came naturally to him.

That's not to say he's completely without a paddle when it came to training the human. At the end of the day, Martial Arts was, at its most basic, finding the best way to block and throw a punch or kick. Something anyone could learn with enough repetition. Granted for a normal person that repetition will usually take weeks or even months of study and practice. But it was possible. So, leading the kid through some basic moves to both take and throw a punch would work at the start. From there, though...he wasn't entirely sure.

He frowned while wiping down one of the desk. When the dust cloth seemed to be getting too dirty, he replaced it with a new one. Then he went back to cleaning.

Teaching the kid normal Martial Arts was easy. It was getting into the "real stuff" that would be difficult. Him and his brother had the luxury of their own demonic power sources to draw from for their abilities. And, unless Lover Boy was hiding something, he didn't have that. Or that "Yokai Power" stuff that Vergil was talking about. Meaning Dante would need to figure out some other way to get the kid into the Supernatural side of Martial Arts.

Loaning the kid a Devil Arm was a possibility. But that was-

Dante stopped what he was doing. He looked up from the desk he was wiping down and turned his attention towards the door to the classroom. The next moment a student, clearly a third-year if Dante remembered the uniforms each class got correctly, stepped into the room. He was taller than any of the students Dante had met so far. Actually came up to Dante's neck. Kid looked like he was almost old enough to drink. He wore a black version of the Academy's uniform, with dark brown hair that fell down the back of his neck. He wore glasses over his dark brown eyes, and stepped into the room with a air of curiosity about him.

His gaze met Dante's a second later. The student straightened up and bowed deeply in greeting, "Oh, so you are in here. Greetings. My name is Kaneshiro Hokuto, the Student Council President of Yokai Academy. Would I be correct in suggesting you are the new Teacher's Assistant that was recently hired?"

Dante put on his trademark grin. He put his dust cloth in the bag and leaned against one of the desk, "That would be me. Name's Dante. Just Dante. Don't really do all that honorifics stuff you kids like to do."

"So, you are a foreigner, then?" Kaneshiro asked while straightening himself.

"Yep. Born and raised in a little hole in the wall somewhere in the west. Can't hardly remember a thing about it though," Dante shrugged before heading over to the student. He stopped a respectable distance from Kaneshiro, "So, what's Mr. President doing here? Shouldn't you be off at one of your official meetings?"

Kaneshiro shook his head, "Oh, no. We're not going to be meeting this week. It's meant to give us sometime to get used to the new year. And say hello to the incoming first years."

Dante nodded, "Ah, alright then. But, sorry to say, you're a bit late to say hello to these first years. They've all gone off to do their own things."

Dante waved an arm at the empty classroom. Kaneshiro chuckled, "I can see that. But, no. I came here to greet you."

"Really now?" Dante raised an eyebrow.

Kaneshiro stood straighter and looked into Dante's eyes as he spoke, "As Student Council President, I am devoted to helping Yokai Academy reach its full potential. To ensure that the students here grow up safe and happy. So, that they may go out into the human world and become model citizens. In order to accomplish this, I must ensure I speak to all the Staff of the Academy. That way I am able to make the correct decisions to improve the lives of the students, while making things easier on the faculty members."

"Thus, why I came to speak with you. I wanted to let you know that, if there is anything you believe needs to be done in regards to improving the school, then you can come to me about it," Kaneshiro ended his speech with closed eyes and a warm smile.

Dante whistled, "Quite a speech there, Mr. President. But why give it to me? I just got hired and don't know much about this place. Still need to go on a full tour of it."

Dante walked over to Ms. Nekonome's desk. He leaned his back against it and stretched his arms towards the ceiling. He closed both his eyes but waved a hand to show he was still listening to the third year. Kaneshiro continued, "That's actually a boon in my eyes, Dante. Your inexperience with the school can offer new insight that someone who has been her for years couldn't give. Especially due to your origins. Such as, if you don't mind my asking, what is something that western schools do that would improve this Academy if we were to implement it?"

"Do you guys serve pizza in the lunch room?" Dante was quick to ask.

Kaneshiro blinked. Then he cleared his throat, "Um, I'm sorry. Could you repeat that?"

"Pizza. You know? Round, hot, covered in cheese, tomato sauce, and all kinds of toppings? You serve that here? I didn't get an definitive answer when I asked Gramps. So, I figured you'd be the next best person to bring it up to," Dante explained.

"Gramps?"

"Your Headmaster. The guy who hired me."

"Oh," Kaneshiro looked at the ground. He placed a hand on the back of his head as he thought about Dante's question. Then he answered, "I don't believe so. Do you think that would improve morale among the students if we did so?"

"100%," Dante's voice was filled with confidence, "There's not a single person on this planet that doesn't like a good pizza pie. Serve that at lunch? The students will be going crazy for it."

"I see. I will...see what I can do," Kaneshiro said before looking up at the clock in the classroom. He nodded his head, "I think it's about time I left. Thank you for giving me a moment of your time, Dante. I hope we can speak again later."

"Sure thing, Mr. President," Dante said while waving the kid off. Kaneshiro had just put his hand on the door when Dante called out to him, "Oh, but one more thing before you."

Kaneshiro stopped and turned to give Dante his full attention. His eyes were closed and his grin was back, "Did you need something from me, Dante?"

"Not exactly. Just wanted to give you some friendly advice. As thanks for listening to my proposal."

"Ah. Well, I'd welcome anything you have to tell me. I'm certain it'll help me improve the school. What did you wish to say?"

"If you try to hurt others because you're hurting, it doesn't make the pain go away."

Silence fell between the two.

Dante had opened one of his eyes and had it locked on Kaneshiro.

Kaneshiro still had his grin on his face.

After a few seconds of silence, the third year spoke, "Forgive me, Dante. But I'm not sure what you mean by that."

Dante shrugged, "Just giving you some pointers. I know a little something about wearing masks to hide your true feelings, kid. And let me tell you, yours is paper thin. I don't know what happened to ya to make ya like this. But making a bunch of other people's lives miserable because yours was won't make you feel better. Trust me."

Dante saw Kaneshiro's lips twitch. His mask cracked just a little bit. Then it came back as the Student Council President hummed, "I see. I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Thank you, Dante."

"No problem. Oh, and tell that friend of yours that he's not as sneaky as he thinks he is. I knew he entered the room before you, and saw him move into the shadows over there," he pointed a finger in the direction of a corner of the classroom. His eye locked onto it, then followed along as the invisible student in question left the room before Kaneshiro.

Kaneshiro pretended to not see anything. He just tilted his head in confusion, before excusing himself and leaving the room.

Dante let out an exasperated sigh, "Great. Another thing to add to the plate. Kid'll probably be going after Vergil next."

Dante chuckled, "Wish I could be there to see that."

Vergil was feeling slightly annoyed.

When his own break had come around, he had chosen to pay the Headmaster a visit. He was looking to make good on the demon's promise, and obtain a book from his own personal stash. The demon had acquiesced to that. But when Vergil specified the book he was after, it seemed to get defensive.

The book Vergil had asked for?

A book detailing sealing magic.

While what happened to the human boy didn't concern him, he had taken notice of the rosary on the vampire's chest. Specifically, because it was the same type that the demon had around his whole body. Knowing only fools would believe that a coincidence, Vergil took it upon himself to discover the connection between the two. Partially because the nature of sealing away certain parts of yourself for personal reasons was something he was familiar with. But primarily because he was certain that it had something to do with whatever plan the demon had for the school. And by extension, Dante and him.

Mikogami did end up giving Vergil the book he asked for...after trying to suggest other "more interesting" books. But even then, Vergil could tell that this was meant to limit his research. The book was tilted "A Dissertation On Sealing Magic". Which was less a book filled with explanations about what sealing magic was, and more a book filled with theories and guesswork as to what sealing magic could do. It was clearly meant for someone who had expert knowledge in regards to such magic.

Something that the demon clearly thought he wasn't.

He was, of course, mistaken. But Vergil saw no reason to let him know that.

However, the demon's attempts to stonewall his studies weren't what annoyed Vergil. He was already a fourth of the way through the book, though he wasn't any closer to figuring out what the connection between Mikogami and the vampire were. But, he knew he'd figure it out sooner or later. He had already begun drawing parallels between the two rosaries. If his hypothesis was correct, then Mikogami either created or some how got a hold of both is own rosary and the one Moka wore. It was just a working theory at this point though.

No. The reason he was annoyed was because of the various people who were currently interrupting his reading.

"Go on! Talk to him," said one of the five females currently tailing his every step. They thought he hadn't noticed them, but he knew they'd been following him since he left his Library. From what he could sense at least two of them were beast type Yokai, while the others were simple magic users. Likely witches like that one girl he helped get her book. They had been trying to get one of their own to come speak with him for sometime now. Though she had yet to come forward.

While he doubted any of them could cause him harm, he kept his guard up the entire time they were following him. Unlike his brother, he did not wish to take chances of being attacked from behind. Thus, while he appeared to only be paying attention to his book, he was keeping an eye on the five of them. In a sense.

Though they weren't nearly as annoying as the male who had decided to walk alongside him.

"Dude, come on. You see that, right?" the werewolf on his right stated while pointing behind Vergil. His ink black hair flowed around his light green eyes as he looked between the girls and the Son Of Sparda. He spoke in a questioning tone, "You've got some serious lookers following your every move. Aren't you gonna, I don't know, turn around and say hi?"

Vergil remained silent. He turned the page in his book while rounding a corner. The werewolf refused to leave him alone, however. He moved to stand in front of Vergil, walking backwards while trying to see over his book, "Cause if I were you, I'd be taking all five of them out for lunch. You know? Have a little fun with some hot girls and-"

"Then why do you not go speak to them?" Vergil cut the man off while keeping his eyes on the book, "I have no wish to fraternize with students. If it bothers you that much, then go have your own 'fun' with them."

Vergil pushed passed the werewolf, leaving him with a stunned expression on his face. He was barely aware of the man turning around and yelling, "Fine. Be a dick. See if I care!"

Vergil simply rolled his eyes. He hoped the werewolf would take his words to heart. If only because it would get the women off his back. Then he could proceed to read his book in pea-

Vergil tossed his book into the air and unsheathe the Yamato. He struck out at the wall to his right. He immediately felt resistance, but his weapon's blade cleaved through it without issue. He pulled it to a stop when his target dropped his invisibility. It revealed a silver haired boy in the uniform that the Academy's third years wore. He had a red vertically slit left pupil eye and a green horizontally slit pupil right eye. Both of which stared at Vergil with a mixture of excitement and fear. Looking to his left, Vergil saw that what he had sliced through was the boy's hand. He apparently attempted to block the strike with his bare ha...no, not bare hand.

"A shape-shifter of sorts?" Vergil posited as he looked down at the boy's bubbling flesh. It seemed to be trying to repair itself. But, judging by how the boy's eyes widened when he beheld his still missing hand, it was taking longer than usual. Vergil kept his blade where it was while turning his head to his right. There he saw another third year, but this was similar to the human boy.

No...wait...only a part of him was human. The rest was similar to the one with the Yamato to his neck.

The part-human's eyes had widened behind his glasses. He looked between Vergil and the shape-shifter, clearly distraught at the turn of events.

"Y-You know," the shape-shifter began, "Staff aren't supposed to hurt students."

Vergil cut his eyes at the boy, "And you believe I care about such things?"

The shape-shifter's nervous smile widened, "Well now...um...I'll admit. I'm not sure whether I should be scared out of my mind, or really really excited right now."

Vergil scoffed before pulling his blade away. He let the boy dropped to the floor, one hand on his missing stump. Then he sheathed Yamato, reached his hand up, and grabbed his book before it hit the floor. He opened it up to the last page he was at, before walking away from the shape-shifter. He spoke as he moved, "Consider this a warning to both of you. I am unsure of what plans the two of you have, but I wish no part in them. Do not approach me again. Unless you wish to die."

He walked passed the other third year with nary another word.

Hakuto Kaneshiro could only stand there, eyes wide, and his cold heart beating like crazy. He rushed to Kiria's side, holding his comrade's severed hand to its stump. However, while the flesh of the stump reconnected with the hand, it still took more than a minute to finish healing. Kaneshiro's eyes widened further as he began to realize exactly who he was dealing with.

"Kiria," he tried to keep his voice professional and calm, "What do you think of those two?"

Kiria, despite being injured and breathing heavily, still had the perpetual smile on his face. He looked over at his comrade with a full toothed grin, "Being honest? They are so interesting. Maybe a bit too interesting. Even for me."

"So you're saying that-"

"Alone? One of them could completely ruin our plans. Together? We stand no chance."

Just a bit more set up. Next Chapter we'll have some more of the brothers together, then they meet a certain white haired vampire.

18. Savanna

Vergil is going to throw many wrenches into there plan it not even funny

19. Orchamus

Orchamus Versed in the lewd.

Really looking forward to Vergil and the sleeping beauty vampire to meet, it promises to be amusing the more I think of it.:D

20. Master of Tech

Master of Tech FACE THE SIN. SAVE THE E.G.O

21. Moldy Guacamole

Moldy Guacamole Fermented

Only if they involved him in their plans, and if they're as smart as think they are then they'll leave Vergil alone. The one they need to worry about is Wacky Woohoo Pizza Man sticking his nose in their business.

22. ThedudeManBro

ThedudeManBro The Dudeliest Man on the block, Bro!

I mean, with a dash of luck and a big enough trail of Meat Lovers Supreme Pizza slices and Strawberry Sundaes, they can distract their Wacky Wonky Super Janitor for a couple of hours... Maybe.

23. Master of Tech

Master of Tech FACE THE SIN. SAVE THE E.G.O

Eh, I give it five or 10. At least one hour if Dante's feel particularly nice or lazy, probably the former.

24. Savanna

To be fair the Rosario doing what it does would probably trigger Vergil and possibly split the two girls from each other

25. Savanna

Why the hell do I think a fanfic of DMC and Inuyasha would be a fun fanfic?

LinkOnScepter and Master of Tech like this.
  26. LinkOnScepter

Don't know. I, personally, don't really see what could be interesting about it. But I've only read the Manga. Haven't watched the Sequel anime.

I mean, unless you just want to write about how Dante/Vergil/Nero fucking slap Naruka around like it ain't no thang.

Master of Tech and Savanna like this.
  27. Threadmarks: Chapter 8: The Vampire Awakens: Dante's Side
    LinkOnScepter

"So, this is where you ran off to?"

Vergil's chopsticks stopped halfway to his mouth. His already sour expression seemed to get worse as he let his hand drop. His lunch break had just started and he had chosen to leave the school to eat. The primary reason being the students. He was accosted on his way out of the library by numerous female students, who were all trying to ask him to go eat with them. When he turned away and left them behind, he was then met by numerous male students. Who were all trying to challenge him to a duel of some sort.

Another time, Vergil would've taken delight in showing them their place.

As it stood?

He simply wanted to eat in peace. But it seemed his brother had other plans.

His utensils gently hit the black plastic bowl that he had in his lap. Looking up at the familiar voice he had heard made him sigh in frustration, "Why are you here, Dante?"

Dante shrugged, "Didn't see you in the student's lunch room or the Teacher's Lounge. So, I went looking and found you sitting out here on a bench. Looking to all the world like a sad old man who's family doesn't visit anymore."

The younger Sparda brother chuckled while lifting the square cardboard box he held in his right hand up. He tossed it up a little, letting it land on his finger before pushing one of the edges. Like his brother, he had been accosted by numerous students on the way here. Unlike Vergil, though, his students were mostly young men. Who were all asking him for relationship advice, or how to be "cool" like he was. He did what he could to answer their questions, but needed to slip away to meet his brother for lunch.

The box began to spin on his finger while Dante stared down at Vergil. He looked at the bowl in his brother's lap then frowned, "The heck are you eating?"

"Some of the local cuisine. A bowl of ramen noodles with egg and chicken broth," he lifted some of the still hot noodles with his chopsticks for Dante to see, "It is supposed to be rather filling. And gives me an excuse to practice using chopsticks."

"Pfft, seriously?" Dante rolled his eyes. He sat down next to Vergil on an empty side of the bench and placed the box in his lap. He made a show of lifting the lid while staring Vergil in the eyes, "How about you put the sticks down and enjoy a little taste of home with your brother? Feast your eyes on this baby."

He popped open the box's lid. From within a large waft of steam flew into the air, along with the smell of Dante's favorite dish; A pizza from the human world with everything on it...except olives.

Dante took a deep whiff of the cheesy concoction. He let out a happy sigh as memories of home began to surface, "Oooohhh boy. Been too long since I had a slice of this good stuff."

He picked up a slice and immediately bit into it. Vergil watched his brother's sloppy eating with disgust on his face. He scoffed before going back to his own meal, "Must you put such horrid things inside your body? Our demon blood does much for us, but we must still take care of ourselves."

Dante, after licking what was left off his fingers, glanced at Vergil. He raised an eyebrow, "You sure about that? I've been eating this stuff since I was a teen. And my body hasn't slowed down on me yet."

"Yet," Vergil countered.

"Like you're one to talk. Based on what the kid told me, before you got your new bod, you were limping around like a 100 year old man," Dante leaned forward while placing a hand on his back. He spoke in a poor imitation of an older gentleman, "Oh, Nero. Ya mind helpin' out your old man for old times' sake? Aye just be needin' to borrow your arm for a second. Just need to take the Yam'a'to and split myself into two beings. Nothin' too crazy."

Vergil groaned at his brother's antics. He was thankful that no one was there to see them. The two fell into silence for a moment. The only sounds being either one eating their respective meals.

"So," Dante broke the silence. The pizza was already half gone when he started talking again, "what do you think Nero's doing right now?"

Vergil stopped eating for a moment. He slowly moved his chopsticks down while turning his head up towards the clouds. His expression became softer as he thought of his...son. He had since accepted the fact that Nero was his offspring. But...

"I...I believe he is doing fine," Vergil replied.

"Don't sound like it," Dante said, taking a slice of pizza out and offering it to Vergil. Vergil moved his head away from the offered food. Shrugging, Dante put the pizza back in the box and closed it. He leaned back against the bench while sighing, "Sounds more like you're still unsure about how you should feel about the kid being yours."

"I assure you that is not the case."

"Really? Then what's the first thing you're gonna do with your son when you get back?"

"...."

"That's what I thought."

Vergil huffed while glaring at his brother, "Then enlighten me, dear brother, what should I do with Nero we return to our world? Since you seem so knowledgeable about him. Certainly you know his likes and dislikes?"

Dante looked up at the clouds, "Hmm. Well, a good first step would be talk to the kid about his mother. Maybe explain why you hooked up with her."

"Is this your attempt at getting me to speak of that night?"

"So it happened at night did it?"

"Urgh," Vergil groaned and turned away from the grinning Dante. He shook his head as he replied, "As I stated, that was a long time ago. And I have no interest in talking about it with you."

"OK," Dante's expression hardened, "But I'm being serious about the kid. Never told me straight up what his life was like, but couldn't have been fun. You and I both know what it's like to grow up without parents."

Vergil flinched at Dante's words. He hung his head while steepling his hands together, "Yes. You are...correct. But at the time I...I didn't know how long I had left. Remaining in one place was...foolish."

"But you left the Yamato?"

"If I couldn't be there for my son in body, then perhaps I could be there in spirit. And it ensured that, should anything happen to one of us, Sparda's lineage would continue in some manner. Hopefully a better one than either of us have left behind."

"Hey now," Dante turned to regard Vergil fully, "I hope you're speaking for yourself there. I'm not the one who put the world at risk not once, but twice."

"And what have you been doing outside of living in a dingy, rundown building, barely able to keep paying for your electricity?" Vergil raised an eyebrow.

"Hey, I fight demons for a living. It just so happens we were in a dry spell before you showed up," was Dante's reply.

"That is not what that human Morrison told me," Vergil didn't smirk, but Dante could hear the smugness in his brother's tone of voice.

Dante waved his brother's words off. He chose to change the subject, "Speaking of home, any progress on finding us a way back?"

"It has been less than a day, Dante. Did you honestly believe I could make any significant progress within that amount of time?"

"I do have a pretty high bar set for you, older brother."

Vergil huffed and shook his head, "I must disappoint you then. I am making progress. But nothing concrete yet. Simply theories and basics on how the magic of this world works."

"Alright...oh, did the Student Council President come talk to you?"

"That depends. Do you speak of the part-human with an invisible shape-shifter as an ally?"

"Part-human, eh? Thought he smelled weird," Dante shook his head, "If I were a betting man, I'd put money on the two of them having some big evil plan in mind. And I'd wager the two of us are gonna be some mighty big wrenches in it."

"You can choose to be. I will not be getting involved. As, if they are as intelligent as they believe themselves to be, they will not bother me with their plans," Vergil stated without a hint of emotion.

Dante shook his head, "Should've seen that coming."

The two lapsed into silence.

"You know, I think this is the first time we've managed to talk without trying to kill each other afterward."

"If you do not consider our childhood...then you would correct."

"Huh...feels pretty good."

"...I agree".

More silence.

"So, about the kid's mother..."

"No."

Dante yawned as he walked towards the entrance to Yokai Academy. To his right, Vergil was walking with that same book from before in his hand. Yesterday had come and gone after lunch with little fanfare. The only other teacher that Dante ran into was a woman named Ririko. A woman with a taste in outfits that reminded him of Trish. That class wasn't nearly as eventful as Kitty Cat's. Though that might just be because it was math. He kind of blanked everything after his introduction out of his head.

When school finally let out, he and Vergil had to confront something they both forgot about: Where they would be sleeping. Bereft of any options, they decided to go to a few empty dorm rooms in the male dorms. Gramps said it was fine so they went with it.

The result?

"So, when are we getting our first paycheck?" Dante asked, rubbing one of his eyes to get the sleep out of it.

Vergil answered without looking up from his book, "The end of this week. So we have five more days before we receive any monetary compensation."

"Wait, five?" Dante looked at this brother in confusion, "Doesn't the weekend start in four days?"

"Japanese schools do not consider Saturday a weekend break day. Only Sunday," Vergil explained without looking up from his book.

Dante sighed while shaking his head, "Great. Guess we're gonna be sleeping in those crappy dorms for a bit longer...unless Gramps wouldn't mind us taking some trips to the human world to see about getting our own places."

"That's assuming we will be able to gain yen without performing illegal actions. Unless you're suggesting we look into stealing money from others," Vergil, in spite of his tone of voice, did not actually mind the idea of taking money from others for their own benefit. It wasn't like he hadn't done it before.

Vergil leaned away to avoid Dante's attempt to pat his shoulder. Dante spoke regardless, "Don't you worry about that, brother of mine. Even if this place doesn't have any demons or devils to hunt, it is still a world filled with supernaturals and humans. Which means that there are people out there who need help dealing with some bad supernatural creatures. And we happen to have sets of skills particularly suited to that."

Vergil hummed and glanced up from his book. He tilted his head forward and to their left, "A fair point. But if you plan to investigate such things, I suggest you handle your current 'project' first."

Dante looked in the direction Vergil indicated. There, walking along with his head down and focusing on something in his left hand, was Tsukune Aono. In his right he carried a bag that probably had all his school supplies in it. Even from afar Dante could tell the kid was troubled. He was dragging his feet and mumbling things into the wind.

"Good point, Vergil. But you did forget one thing; That kid is 'our' project. Come on now," Dante managed to get his arm around Vergil's shoulder. Vergil tried to escape but Dante held firm. He just about dragged Vergil over to where Tsukune was. Then he put his other arm around the human boy's shoulder.

Tsukune let out a yelp before turning and seeing Dante's smiling face. He stammered out, "D-D-Dante?"

"Morning Lover Boy," Dante said, ignoring how Vergil managed to escape his grasp. He focused his all on Tsukune, eyes falling on the paper in the kid's left hand. He pointed a finger at the paper, "What's that ya got there? A love letter from you know who?"

Tsukune blushed fiercely while shaking his head, "No, no, no, no! It's...it's a withdrawal notice. I wrote it up last night. I was...debating whether I should give it to the principal."

"If you wrote it, then you must intend to give it over, boy," Vergil said without looking up from his book. He scoffed, "I thought you would've decided to leave. This school is no place for one such as you."

Tsukune's mood soured but he still spoke up, "Um, well...that's the thing. I...I'm not sure if I want to leave. I mean, yeah, this place is scary. But...but Moka-san...she really likes me. And she seemed so lonely so-"

Dante held up a hand, "Say no more, Lover Boy. I gotcha. Don't necessarily agree with your thought process, but I'm not here to force you into anything. But I hope you understand that, while my brother could've said it better, choosing to stay will put your life in serious danger."

Dante let the boy go. Tsukune started to rub the back of his neck with the back of his hand, "I...I know. But-"

"No, seriously, kid," Dante lowered his voice and narrowed his eyes at the human, "You could honestly die if you stay here. Be 100% certain before you make a decision. Alright?"

Tsukune yelped again when he saw Dante's face. He managed to shake it off before turning his head back to the withdrawal notice in his hand. He silently walked alongside the Sons Of Sparda for a few seconds. Then he started to speak up, "I...I want to-"

"Hey, wait up, Lover Boy."

Tsukune's body tensed up at the familiar voice. He stopped walking, Dante and Vergil following suit. They all turned to see Saizo leaning against the trunk of a broken tree to their right. The taller student stood up straight and started heading towards Tsukune. He did nothing to hide the threatening tone in his voice, "Looks like you had a lot of fun with Moka Akashiya yesterday. And you're gonna pay for it today!"

Tsukune backed up from the sight of the clearly angry student. But Saizo closed the distance between them quickly. He reached out for Tsukune's collar...only to be greeted by Dante's hand grabbing his wrist.

"This again, Blondey?" Dante chided the student while shaking his head, "Didn't I tell you to cut this out already? What made you think you could do it again just cause it was a new day?"

Saizo growled, pulling his arm away from Dante. Dante let him go while moving to stand in front of Tsukune. Saizo focused on the shorter boy, watching him cower behind Dante, "So, you're one of those kind of monsters huh? The weaklings who hide behind the coattails of others? You think you are worthy of a beauty such as Moka?!"

Tsukune made an attempt to reply, but all that came out was incoherent stammers. Dante spoke up while patting the human on the head, "Nothing wrong with asking for help from someone you trust. Especially since, you know, I'm a Teacher's Assistant? Students are supposed to come to me for stuff like this. Now, how about you run along to class Blondey? Do that and I won't bring this up with the Headmaster. Wouldn't want to see you expelled, now would we?"

Saizo laughed while flexing both of his hands, "You're rather naive teach. What makes you think I'd let you even get that far?"

Dante tilted his head, "Is that a threat, young man? You know you're not supposed to threaten faculty. It's against school rules."

Saizo laughed even harder, "Pfft, fuck school rules! It only matters if I get caught. And I won't get caught as long as I tear you apart!"

His body tensed as he prepared to charge at Dante. Tsukune made ready to yell a warning...when Dante disappeared.

Tsukune blinked.

Then Saizo blinked.

Then both turned to see Dante standing beside Saizo.

With the blonde monster's right hand in his own.

A smug smile was plastered on Dante's face. He shook Saizo's hand before speaking, "Seems like you need some serious punishment young man. In the form of TA Dante's Remedial Lessons."

"What the fuc-let go of me!" Saizo said, trying to pull away from Dante. This time Dante didn't let go.

Dante looked back at Vergil and Tsukune. He tilted his head towards the forest at the edge of school grounds, "Hey brother of mine? Mind taking over for me and watching over Lover Boy while I deal with this ruffian? Thanks. See ya!"

"I have agreed to no such thing," Vergil looked up from his book to yell after Dante. But his younger brother was already walking off, Saizo digging his heels into the ground as he tried to get away. Dante merely waved without looking back at Vergil. Then he and Saizo disappeared into the distance.

Tsukune and Vergil watched them go. Tsukune with confusion and awe on his face, Vergil with annoyance.

Then they both became aware of footsteps heading their way. They turned around to see Moka rushing their way.

Vergil felt his annoyance grow as the vampire girl threw her arms around Tsukune in a form of greeting.

He made a mental note to add this grievance to his list of things to get back at Dante for.

Saizo was a Monstrel. Also known as an Orc in some human mythologies.

He was a monster of mixed lineage, with his father and mother being two different types of monsters. His exact race is so muddied that calling him an Orc isn't entirely correct. Thus the title "Monstrel" among the monster races.

Despite this he is still a powerful monster. With immense strength that he has used to, by his own admission, molest other human women before coming to Yokai Academy. While not the strongest, this power is something that he takes pride in.

That pride was currently being shattered as Dante landed another punch that sent the kid flying into a tombstone.

And then through it.

And then the five other tombstones behind it.

"High score!" Dante cheered while pumping his fist in the air. He had dragged Saizo away from school ground and into a graveyard that no one seemed to be visiting. At least, he guessed no one had visited it. The plants overgrowing some of the grave markers were a bit of a giveaway. Point was that he doubted anybody would be coming by to check this place out any time soon. Which meant he was free to cause a bit of a ruckus.

Across from him, trying to get his feet under him, was Saizo in his true form. A massive monster with sickly brown skin, bone spikes sticking out of his shoulders, long messy blonde hair on his head, and a long tongue sticking out of a mouth full of fangs. His pants, miraculously, had remained intact despite his sudden growth spurt. Unlike his eyes that had turned into white voids with no pupils in them. He grunted in pain as he stood up, legs trembling beneath him.

Dante dusted his hands off while staring at the monster, "Your legs are shaking, Buck Teeth. What happened to all that bravado and confidence from earlier? Did it go out of with my first light jab?"

Dante mimed jabbing his right arm forward for emphasis. Saizo stared at the Teacher's Assistant, mind racing as he tried to make sense of what was going on. He spoke, voice barely steady as he asked, "What the hell are you? How...how can you be this strong...and not even be in your true form? Are...are you an SS Rank Monster?"

Dante shrugged, "Don't know nothing about no ranks. Just know that I'm a pretty strong fella. Been in my fair share scrapes and come out on top every time. So, how about you give up and come with me to the principals office? I'll tell them to go easy on ya."

"D-Don't mock me!" Saizo roared before stomping towards Dante. He uses one clawed hand to dig up dirt and toss it in Dante's direction. Then he sped through the debris while swiping towards his target's right.

Once more, he heard a loud "Ding" and saw a flash of red. Then he felt pain shoot through his abdomen as he was launched back yet again.

Dante stood in the cloud of dust, no worse for wear. He brushed the dirt off his clothes as he spoke, "Careful with the jacket, Buck Teeth. I've only got the one."

"This...this doesn't make any sense," Saizo panted out as he got to his feet, "You're...if you're this strong...why the hell are you protecting that fucking weakling Aono!?"

"Like I said. I'm a Teacher's Assistant. I'm just doing my job," Dante crossed his arms, "Besides, no one likes a bully. Specially not me. Now, this'll be your last chance, kid. Stand down."

"Fuck you!" Saizo roared before charging at Dante again. His muscles bulged obscenely as he prepared for one last attack. He shouted as he charged, "Try and survive this attack! If I put my all into one strike, I'm strong enough to crush steel! You're done!"

Dante stood his ground while rolling his eyes. He figured the kid wouldn't stop unless he was brought down. He looked down at his hands, flexing them as he checked the amount of energy he had built up from the exchange. It only been going on for about four minutes. With Saizo doing the same thing over and over again. Attacking Dante, being blocked by a Royal Guard parry, then Dante hitting him with an unpowered jab to the stomach. By his count, including the previous time he parried, he had blocked the kid about five times now. From that he could feel that he had stored up about...a fourth or third of his maximum Royal Release power?

Should be more than enough to knock big, mean, and ugly here.

His decision made, Dante waited for the kid to attack once again. He bent forward while making a "Bring it" gesture with one hand, "Come on! Show me what ya got!"

Saizo growled in frustration. He closed the distance and swiped at Dante with both of his claws. The massive hands were far wider than the Devil Hunter's body, and came at him from both sides. Anyone else would be panicking or looking for a way to dodge.

Dante simply grinned. He took up his stance, waited for the last second before the attack connected, and then he parried. As the red aura of Royal Guard encompassed his body, he curled his right hand into a fist and extended it towards Saizo's face. Then he released all the energy he had stored up.

Saizo didn't truly understand what happened next. All he knew was that, one moment, he had seen that strange red light again. But this time it seemed to grow brighter.

The next moment, a fist had connected with his jaw and sent him flying into the air. He fell unconscious before he even hit the ground with a thump. Dante, smile on his face, dusted his hands again. He placed them on his hips as he stood triumphantly looking down on Saizo's knocked out form, "And that's that. I'll leave ya to cool off a bit, Buck Teeth. Don't worry though. I'll tell Kitty Cat where I left ya. She'll come pick you up after that. I, in the meantime, need to get back to my bro-"

A large explosion of power came from behind Dante. He slowly turned around, head tilted in confusion as he beheld a large pillar of energy shooting into the sky. Bats flew around the pillar, chirping in delight as if they had found an all you can drink human buffet.

"...That's where Vergil is, isn't it?" Dante groaned out. He shrugged while walking back towards his brother, "Better go see what he's done this time."

As Dante head towards the Academy, two other figures made their way out of the forest. They headed towards the unconscious Saizo. One grabbed the Monstrel's legs and began to drag him away from the area.

"...Well, I didn't expect this."

Dante crossed his arms as he looked upon the sight before him. It turned out that Vergil had taken Tsukune away from school grounds as well. The pillar he had seen had disappeared after a few moments, but the source of the energy hadn't disappeared. Which is what allowed him to find the three of them.

Yeah, three.

Apparently, Fangs had decided to tag-a-long with the two of them. Likely to say hello to Lover Boy. But something seems to happened. Dante wasn't sure what that "something" was. But he could certainly see the result of the event.

That result being?

Tsukune sitting on the ground with his mouth gaped open in stunned silence.

Fangs, now with silver hair and looking far more aggressive than before, staring at his brother with the same expression that Tsukune has on her face.

And Vergil.

Who was staring at something in his right hand.

While his left arm was easily blocking what was clearly a kick from Fangs.

Fun Fact about Saizo for those who are Anime Only:

His parents? Complete creation of the Anime. They don't show up at all in the Manga. The guy actually tries to fight Tsukune and Moka again, this time teaming up with the (not yet known) ANTI-THESIS in an attempt to kill the (now a Ghoul/Vampire) Tsukune and molest Moka. He, of course, fails....and then gets killed by the leader of this branch of ANTI-THESIS for his failure.

Yeah.

Quite a change from having a fat ass mother and father.

Said father being a former harem protag who Kuramu and Mizore's mothers attempt to get with. Only for him to choose a third, completely unrelated girl.

But yeah.

Next Chapter: Vergil goes off on Tsukune and Moka, Inner Moka gets humbled, and Vergil gets angry at the Headmaster.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  28. Savanna

Vergil next trick he will make one vampire into two without killing her

Fuuton, Jirose, Arghonn and 22 others like this.
  29. eveakane

eveakane I'm definitely a Hooman

Vergil could've been the next David Copperfield or an escape artist and get all the sexy assistants, but instead he's living with Dante smh :V

30. Moldy Guacamole

Moldy Guacamole Fermented

"To show you the POWER of Yamato, I cleaved this vampire in half. And turned her into two independent vamps using only Yamato." — Vergil, Son of Sparda™

Fuuton, Akuma-Heika, Arghonn and 18 others like this.