• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

[X] Grosstoad

Would also back helping Maya grab a ranger job if she wants a ranged option. On the other hand, we have no bows that I know of.... (We've seen a lot of Anshelm synergies for fusion, but none for Maya yet really, have we?) And it would probably eat up all her gold.

[X] Grosstoad

Would also back helping Maya grab a ranger job if she wants a ranged option. On the other hand, we have no bows that I know of.... (We've seen a lot of Anshelm synergies for fusion, but none for Maya yet really, have we?) And it would probably eat up all her gold.
I'm actually looking to get Maya a 'beastmaster' job. Monster tamer ultimately too. Ranger seems a good start towards that. But i dont mind holding on to her current job for a while.

[X] Last night you forgot to ask, but is there any special loots from the other group? Alice and Shimah only have these Bag and Boots to show for.
[X] Shopping: 5 Amritas, 1 Ether > 130 Gilder

[X] Blessing: Blessing of Lesser Good Fortune > 75 Gilder
- [X] Suggest others to pick this Blessing as well
Total: 205 Gilder

[X] Dungeon: Full Party
- [X] Drake's Nest
-- [X] Anshelm will have to take one (or twenty) for the team in this Dungeon,
--- [X] Anshelm to equip Purty Hat and Crystal Shield for Lightning Resistance
-- [X] Can Maya jump high enough? If not, then Alice will try to spam Aqua Prison and Frost Spray together to ground the fliers

Changing vote

[X] Last night you forgot to ask, but is there any special loots from the other group? Alice and Shimah only have these Bag and Boots to show for.
[X] Shopping: 5 Amritas, 1 Ether > 130 Gilder

[X] Blessing: Blessing of Lesser Good Fortune > 75 Gilder
- [X] Suggest others to pick this Blessing as well
Total: 205 Gilder

[X] Dungeon: Full Party
- [X] Drake's Nest
-- [X] Anshelm will have to take one (or twenty) for the team in this Dungeon,
--- [X] Anshelm to equip Purty Hat and Crystal Shield for Lightning Resistance
-- [X] Can Maya jump high enough? If not, then Alice will try to spam Aqua Prison and Frost Spray together to ground the fliers

I'm actually looking to get Maya a 'beastmaster' job. Monster tamer ultimately too. Ranger seems a good start towards that. But i dont mind holding on to her current job for a while.
Ranger said:
[Ranger] Student of the Wilds, Shoot things and tame beasts. 400(300)

Indeed!

The Ranger thing, right now, would be on the secondary taming (uses charisma too i bet) as well as having a way to get to far-away monsters quickly (especially flying ones). The issue is we don't currently have a bow.

Updated vote with a line inquiring Maya about Ranger and Bows.

Might not be the best line, someone improve it?

"Maya become a beast tamer."

"Nah, not my thing Al."

We should ask what she is interested in before trying to assign her a job.

"

We should ask what she is interested in before trying to assign her a job.
[Lesser Lupine Race Mod] Become one with the wilds! Grants a small number of lupine traits. Increases Agility and Perception at the cost of Magical Power. 250(200)
[Lesser Feline Race Mod] The flexibility and stubborness of a cat can be yours! Grants a small number of feline traits. Increases Agility and Will at the cost of Constitution. 250(200)
[Lesser Lunar Rabbit Race Mod] Mysterious Power and impossible cuteness! Grants a small number of rabbit traits. Increases Power and Charisma at the cost of Strength. 250(200)
[Ogre Race Mod] Rough huge and crude, Smash your enemies flat. Increases Strength and Constitution at the cost of Charisma. 250(200)
[Goblin Race Mod] Why would you do this to yourself? Increases Agility at the cost of Strength and Charisma. 150(150)
[Lesser Crystalline Race Mod] The power of earth flows through you, boosts the power of earth spells as well as Power and Constitution. Decreases the power of wind spells and Agility. 300(250)
[Lesser Salamander Race Mod] Fiery power surges within, boosts the power of fire spells as well as Power and Agility. Decreases the power of ice spells and Constitution. 300(250)
[Lesser Sylph Race Mod] Dance with the wind, boosts the power of wind spells as well as Power and Agility. Decreases the power of earth spells and Constitution. 300(250)
[Lesser Arachne Race Mod] Spider senses and reflexes, just avoid goblins, green or otherwise. grants a small number of spider traits. Increases Perception and Agility at the cost of Constitution. 250(200)
[Lesser Dragonkin Race Mod] Comes in random colors! Great Strength and Power. Decreases Agility. Grants random elemental affinity. 500(300)
All starting jobs
[Hammer Warrior] Crush your enemies with the mighty swings of a two handed Warhammer 350(300)
[Brawler] Who needs weapons, your fists are enough for any foe! 350(300)
[Bulwark] Defense, the be all and end all. None will pass. 350(300)
[Ranger] Student of the Wilds, Shoot things and tame beasts. 400(300)
[Ninja] Master of shadows, and illusion. Stabbing things really hard too. 600(400)
[Water Elementalist] Water Magic Adept, decent at control and damage. 350(300)
[Earth Elementalist] Earth magic Adept. Great at defense, decent control. 350(300)
[Paladin] Holy warriors adept at protecting allies and smiting foes. 600(400)
[Shaman] Your foes will regret ever seeing you after the horrible status effects you inflict. 350(300)

Some interesting stuff, looks like stock changes fairly quickly though, since it's all stuff sold by branded. Maya looked like she was eyeing up Ninja and Ranger, and Shimah at least glanced at Shaman, but Sera and Anshelm seem happy enough with their jobs…
We aren't choosing a job for her because of our interests.

Alright, looks like a full party run of Drake's Nest is the winning vote here. Will see about getting an update out in the morning.

You wake up with a grumble, for the first time since you've become branded you find yourself a little unsatisfied with your rest. You glance up at your health and Sp display, those are both full, so it's not that. Something to do with how dry you feel?

You roll out of bed and stumble sleepily to the washroom. The usual bath of warm water is set up of course. That's part of the 'magic' of Inns. You yawn and strip down out of your sleeping things, before settling into the bath, Goddess that feels so much nicer, you sigh in relief as the niggling itch you've felt since waking goes away.

Then you blink and notice that you've slid entirely underwater without even noticing. For a second you panic, but the lack of any drowning sensation calms you down. After a moment you reach up to your neck in bemusement. Yup, your new gills fluttering, and oh boy does THAT feel weird. Ah whatever, this is comfortable. It's a little weird being able to just keep your eyes open underwater without them being bothered at all too, some kind of secondary eyelids… or, wow, this is the first time you've really looked at your feet, they seem a little longer and flatter, you wiggle your toes, and sure enough, there's webbing between them too. Race mods are strange.

Looks like the water has gone cold too, you muse, you aren't bad enough to freeze it yet, but you have to imagine if you weren't an Ice Elementalist this would be the worst bath ever. Heh, you wonder if Sera has to worry about steaming the water right out of her baths, she can get really warm, especially when she gets excited. You then blink and deliberately bang your head against the side of the tub. No, imagining Sera luxuriating in a steamy bathtub is not okay. Dammit brain.

Well, you can't stay in the bath forever, even if you doubt you have to worry about your fingers and toes going wrinkly anymore, you have other stuff to do. You sit up, bringing your head back above water. Switching from your gills to normal feels kinda weird. Climbing out of the tub you grab one of the towels and begin drying yourself off, best get on with the day.

Once you're done getting dressed you head downstairs, and waving to Sera when you see her already seated at your usual table. You settle in, trading good mornings and pleasantries, until the others join you. Shimah is next, followed by Anshelm and Maya coming down together as has become the usual. Is it just you or does Maya look a little disheveled?

Well once everyone is here and breakfast arrives, discussion turns to what you want to do today. "I want to try out one of the new dungeons," Anshelm is the first to put his opinion forward. "I want to get everything opened up to at least D before we out level it, plus new loot, right Maya?"

"Mm, new loot would indeed be good, there just hasn't been much hunter gear dropping," Maya replies with a sigh.

"Speaking of loot, did you guys pull anything interesting out of the goblin D rank yesterday?" you ask as you finish a mouthful of waffle.

"I got a new bag, Miss Maya got a bow, even if it's a low quality goblin one. Nothing else new," Sera speaks up.

"Hey, we got that Mogo's Cleaver thing, none of us use swords though," Anshelm grumbles.

"Oh? Merchant's Bag?" you ask, at Sera's nod you continue, "I pulled one of those too."

"Yes, it might just have been bad luck on our part, but the loot was pretty underwhelming," Maya says with a pout, "Even if I am glad to have a bow, now I can make full use of Ranger when I pick it up!"

"You gonna switch jobs soon then?" you ask Maya.

"Mm, yes, I'm just about C rank in my current Job, if we do well today I might even finish that. The starting jobs give new skills at C, which is why most people change over once they reach that. Besides, if I have a monster pet, that just gives us a greater advantage, right?" Maya states cheerfully.

"Pet Jobs are best for those with a focus on charisma," Shimah confirms, speaking up for the first time this morning.

"Yep! So if we don't make enough gilder today on dungeons, I'm probably going to do some easy missions to make the money tomorrow," Maya says cheerfully.

"Sounds fine to me," Anshelm replies through a mouthful of food.

"Anyway, we should figure out which dungeon we're gonna do… I'd say Drake's Nest, going by the level and number of rooms, should be about middle of the road difficulty wise."

"That sound's fine to me… um Anshelm should probably equip the hat and any other lightning resisting gear though…" Sera points out.

"Ugh, this one is gonna suck, huh?" Anshelm grumbles good-naturedly.

"I don't mind, but I think we should split up for the second dungeon… why don't we check Ashen grotto on the way to the Drake's nest to see it's party size, if it's three or less, some of us can do that while the others do Ogre Den E," Maya adds, "I'm probably going to level up soon, so I won't be able to join the ogre group though."

"We will have to see what our party condition is like after the first dungeon, but I have no issue with this proposal." Shimah adds.

"Yeah, we'll see," you say, finishing off the last of your meal, "So we shop and bless, then head to the gate? I figure we should all get fortune blessings if we're doubling up on dungeons. It uh… didn't work last time, but we're not doing anything dumb this time either."

"Mm, I suppose you have to spend money to make money," Maya sighs, "It will probably help though."

You all set out to do your shopping for the day and grab your blessings, The Archbishop still isn't around though. You also get the feeling that Dinah is pretty agitated for some reason. She doesn't voice it, but well, above average perception and all that. Nothing you can do about it though.

You end up splurging a little, and pick up five Amritas as well as an Ether, the extra space the bags give you is really awesome, though you are nearing the cap of how many Amritas you can carry period.

The trek to the Drake Nest takes you west, into one of the more hilly, verging on mountainous zones, It makes the hike a bit of a pain, but hey at least the Ashen Grotto is on the way. You only stop by the ash spewing hole in the ground long enough to check the recommended party, which is only three, so that's cool.

Drake's nest is one of those oddly occurring stand alone mountain peaks, its cap shrouded in what seems to be a permanent thunderstorm. Luckily the dungeon entrance is at the base of the mountain. The party it recommends is four as well. So, all should be well on that front.

Anshelm, readjusts his 'Purty Hat' and gives a confident nod to the rest of you, and activates the dungeon.

When the vertigo of dungeon activation fades you find yourself on a sheer Cliffside halfway up the mountain. You look down at the easy hundred foot drop below, goody. "I have a feeling we want to stay well clear of the ledges, the monsters might try to sweep us off of them."

Sera nods fervently, looking a little nauseous as she looks down, "Y-yes, Please be careful everyone."

Anshelm takes point even as Maya fades entirely from view, the first room, when it comes is heralded by wingbeats and reptilian shrieks. Four blue scaled drakes, their backs bristling with scaly spines swoop in from over a higher ledge, already bearing down on Anshelm. You lash out with an Aqua prison that traps one in mid air, but the rest spew great clouds of electric sparks down, centered on Anshelm. Unfortunately the rest of you are close enough to take some damage as well.

"Spread out," Shimah's voice rises over the din as she casts her group heal, restoring all of you. Anshelm pulls ahead of the group, shouting a challenge as the drakes swoop in. A wave of cold slows them, and Sera's fireball sends them shrieking off course. Maya strikes, having apparently run directly up the side of the cliff and used it as a springboard to land on a struggling drake's back and drive her knives into its spine. It doesn't die immediately, but the poison from her daggers makes sure it dies soon after.

The others manage to savage Anshelm with tooth and claw, though he weathers it well. At least these little ones can only breath once, well you assume so, going by their empty SP bars. They die quickly enough under your acid darts and Sera's fire. The one in your prison only breaking free after its nest mates are dead. It drops pretty fast.

"Mm, reasonably tough, but as long as we're careful it shouldn't be a problem," you muse.

"I imagine it's much worse on the higher ranks when they fight more intelligently," Maya points out.

"Ugh, yeah, I mean they're not going to be pushing me anywhere, but if one of them peels off and tackles one of you guys…" Anshelm says, glancing meaningfully at the cliff edge.

You all consider that for a moment. Yeah, you have a feeling that Branded constitution or not, that would be a lethal fall.

With that little nugget in the back of your mind you continue on to the next room, a continuation of the cliff side path you are already on. The next group of enemies is the same as the first, except that they have a larger drake backing them up, to your eyes the little ones are 'young lightning drakes' the big one is an adult. They begin with the same tactics. Glancing at the adult, its body alone is the size of a big horse, you settle for imprisoning one of the little ones, and throwing a frost spray in their faces to slow them down. Shimah casts an attack debuff on the big one too for good measure, and then the lightning rains down.

You all knew to stay well back from Anshelm this time though, so in the end the tiny warrior is the only one hit, he practically disappears under sparking electricity, but his health never drops into the yellow with Shimah on healing duty. You and Sera blast away until at least a couple of the little drakes are down, and then you join Maya in ripping the big one apart with blade and spell. You pop an Amrita afterword to make sure you're staying in good condition, but this isn't too bad so far. The enemies are level five. You're starting to notice a pattern. The standard enemies in a dungeon seem to usually be two to three levels under its cap, with stronger enemies being one higher, the boss being at the level cap, and the bonus boss being one or two beyond it.

No time to theorize now though, as the last of the drakes drop, you move on. The next room is thankfully larger, the 'landing' the Cliffside switchback path. It's also overgrown with weirdly glowing green crystals. Anshelm flinches back as he inches forward past one, and is immediately poisoned. Shimah heals him, but as she does, the nearest crystal rumbles and rises up. Oh… well thanks for that NOW divine eye, Greenstone elementals are indeed as you thought level six, they also have a ridiculous amount of health. At least there are only two of them.

Anshelm's challenge pulls both of their attention, and he brings his shield up in time to block a crushing fist. Unfortunately the poison goes off again, "They've got an aura or something, Shimah, don't waste SP curing the poison, just keep me topped off!" he yells back.

You and Sera forgo the area spells, save for a single frost spray from you just to slow them, but your spells… don't do as much damage as you would like. Indeed, until Shimah is able to get a moment to debuff their defense, only Maya is able to get any decent damage in. They're tough, and Shimah has to take an Ether as she endeavors to keep Anshelm healthy, but they do drop in good time.

The next room is almost a breather in comparison, you pop another couple of Amrita as you enter though, the elementals took a lot out of you. The… nest you come upon is littered with bones, and occupied with the usual complement of young drakes, a pair of adults and a… den guardian, a big wingless drake. You figure out pretty quickly that it's a heal/buff type, and focus it down quickly, the rest is pretty easy.

The room you were warned about is next, at least you don't have to worry about falling off here, the plateau is huge and littered with haphazard nests of bones and straw, several dozen eggs, a pair of adults, and a pair of nest guardians await. The very first thing that happens is a pair of the eggs hatching into young drakes as the adults roar and take to the air. How about no. Anshelm keeps their attention with shouted challenges while Maya helps him actually kill things. You and Sera? You're on scrambled egg duty. Your frost spray leaves the eggs cracked and broken, and Sera's fireball leaves nary a trace at all, save an outline of ash. Still despite your efforts some hatch, not nearly enough to overwhelm… just enough to be difficult. So only a half dozen young drakes or so on top of the first two. Both you and Sera need another Amrita by the end, and Anshelm's starting to look a little twitchy from all the lightning he's been eating. Both him and Maya need a couple of Potions and Amrita's after that as well.

Once you're all in tip top shape… you move to the boss room. The 'Bull Lightning Drake' is huge, easily the largest enemy you've yet faced, its teeth are the size of Maya's knives, and when it roars, you can feel it in your bones. Sera is bowled over by the wind as it flaps its wings and takes off, already spewing lightning onto Anshelm as he shouts and shakes his spear at the massive thing. Unfortunately, it taking off reveals four Nest guardians, wonderful. You imprison one, and Maya takes off without a word, already knowing what her job is. You help Sera back to her feet and turn your spells on the boss as it wings overhead, the lightning it lazily breaths barely chipping at its SP. Shimah at least manages to debuff its magic power, weakening its breath, but then a pair of adult drakes swoop out of the sky and engulf you and Sera in lightning, you scream as the feeling of electricity sizzling through your nerves flares for a bare instant before being superseded by the brand, and respond back with a blast of frost that sends one tumbling off the cliff, frozen in midair. Shimah drops a group heal immediately, and a good thing too, both you and Sera were put in the yellow after that.

You and Sera spread out as the boss slams down hard enough to rock the ground and nearly eats Anshelm alive with a bite. He screams at it and stabs it right in the nostril, so you suppose that's what he thinks of that. Maya is finishing with the nest guardians, you can see that she blew through her MP killing them quickly, she's drinking an Amrita right now. You launch an Icicle spear at the big scaly beast, and Sera does likewise with her scorching rays. You hurt it well enough, but it soon takes back to the sky, and more drakes pour out of cracks in the stone of the mountain, forcing you to kill them before you can pay it mind. Twice more this repeats, and you go through another Ether before it ends at last, the big thing finally crashing down to the ground, dead and broken.

Congratulations!

You have earned
75 Experience
8 Job points
75 Gilder

The party has looted
4 Potions
2 Hi Potions
4 Amrita
1 Ether

[Drakescale Cloak] Snazzy and stylish, this cloak of drake scales adds to defense and lightning resistance. Value 100
[Drakeskin Bag] Adds five slots, grants a small boost to Lightning resistance. Value 100
[Drakeslayer's Bow] A bow made of drakebone, made to kill draconic foes. Chance of stun on hit and bonus damage against Dragon type foes. Cannot Equip
[Drakeslayer's Spear] Crackles with the power of storms, A single piece of drake bone carved to great effect. Deals Lightning damage in addition to normal damage, additional damage against dragons. Cannot Equip
[Greenstone Daggers] Magically sealed to only inflict their terrible poison on foes, will always inflict poison on foes who do not resist it's toxic touch. Cannot Equip
[Stormscale Armor] Wondrously light, this armor crafted of the pliable hide on a Bull Drake's belly greatly resists Lightning and increases the health of those who wear it. Cannot Equip
[Storm Staff] carved from an ancient tree struck by countless bolts of lightning. Boosts the power of all spells, but Lightning spells especially. Increases threat.

"Oh my, that is a nice haul. I would like the daggers and armor, the bow as well, but I understand if that's a bit too much for just me," Maya says, sounding pleased, looks like she leveled up.

"I want the spear obviously, anything else is just a bonus," Anshelm says tiredly, still twitching as sparks jump from his hair.

"Nothing of particular interest to me sadly enough. I had hoped those elementals might drop a talisman… Perhaps the bag?" Shimah sighs.

"U-um, the staff would be very nice, I should be able to afford Lightning Elementalist soon," Sera speaks up as well.

Hmm, anything you want?
[] Loot
What do you wanna do in the afternoon?
[]Plan?

-4 Amrita, -1 Ether

Al Lv4
Ice Elementalist D
Health 48/56
SP 45/74

Maya Lv5
Dual Blade Hunter D
Health 55/64
Sp 28/36

Anshelm Lv4
Spear Warrior D
Health 108/146
SP 21/34

Shimah Lv4
Hexer Cleric D
Health 72/79
SP 50/86

Seraphine Lv4
Fire Elementalist D
Health 39/53
Sp 42/67

Last edited:
Well, seems for once Al won't get much. Given we got a Job Crystal and a Racial Mod last dungeon, I feel this is fair.

[X] Loot
-[X] Al 2 Amritas, 2 Potions, [Drakescale Cloak]
-[X] Maya [Drakeslayer's Bow], [Greenstone Daggers], [Stormscale Armor]
-[X] Anshelm [Drakeslayer's Spear], 2 Hi-Potions
-[X] Sera 2 Amritas, [Storm Staff]
-[X] Shimah 1 Ether, [Drakeskin Bag]

[X]Go to Ash Grotto, split up:
-[X] Al, Maya, and Shimah
-[X] Anshelm and Sera

We get the 3 members here because we have higher odds of triggering the bonus boss. Also, Al and Shimah are the ones who didn't get the shiny new gear.

Last edited:
[X] Accidentally comment on how dishevelled Maya looked while coming down with Anshelm this morning on the walk to the next dungeon.
[X] Ponder on the pros and cons of sleeping in the bathtub instead when awkward silence ensues.

yrsillar Does sleeping anywhere in the Inn works for recovering HP/SP? For example does it it have to be in the same room that you are assigned? Or will you still get the restoration if you share rooms?

Niiiiice.
As always, unsure whether to be happy or not that Bonus Boss didn't proc. :D

Loot:
[X] Alice: 3 Amritas
- [X] Alice had had good luck last time, with the Job Crystal and Race Mod, she can take the Gilder for now.

[X] Anshelm: [Drakeslayer's Spear], 1, Potion, 1 Hi-Potion

[X] Maya: [Drakeslayer's Bow], [Greenstone Daggers], [Stormscale Armor], 1 Hi-Potion

[X] Seraphine: [Storm Staff], 1 Potion, 1 Amrita

[X] Shimah: [Drakeskin Bag], 2 Potions, 1 Ether

[X] Party: [Drakescale Cloak]
- [X] Anshelm should be happy! He can just wear this Cloak next time... Well, until he opens his second Accessory slot anyway~

Social:
[X] Maya is now level 5, and can equip 2 Accessories, once she switch to Ranger, can Alice trade something for her Shawl?
[X] Ask about each others' stock of Potions and Amritas, considering Shimah taking healing duty, Potions have started to pile up
[X] Accidentally comment on how disheveled Maya looked while coming down with Anshelm this morning on the walk to the next dungeon.
[X] Ponder on the pros and cons of sleeping in the bathtub instead when awkward silence ensues.

Action:
[X] Ashen Grotto E-rank
- [X] Alice, Maya, & Anshelm:
-- [X] Alice is going to rack up aggro quickly, since she has type-advantage, so play it safe and spam crowd controls
-- [X] Maya, Orb ready, just in case

[X] Ogre's Den E-Rank
- [X] Sera & Shimah:
-- [X] Sera will equip the Drakescale Cloak... And spam her knock-back burst spell if getting crowded
-- [X] Shimah might want to waste SP just to keep the fragile Sera topped up
-- [X] Remind both to Orb out, if things get dicey, better to be alive

Last edited:
Loot:
- [X] Alice had had good luck last time, with the Job Crystal and Race Mod, she can take the Gilder for now.
[X] Maya: [Drakeslayer's Bow], [Greenstone Daggers], [Stormscale Armor], 1 Hi-Potion
- [X] Anshelm should be happy! He can just wear this Cloak next time... Well, until he opens his second Accessory slot anyway~

Social:
[X] Maya is now level 5, and can equip 2 Accessories, once she switch to Ranger, can Alice trade something for her Shawl?
[X] Ask about each others' stock of Potions and Amritas, considering Shimah taking healing duty, Potions have started to pile up
[X] Accidentally comment on how disheveled Maya looked while coming down with Anshelm this morning on the walk to the next dungeon.

Action:
[X]Split for Dungeons
- [X] Al, Maya, & Anshelm: Ashen Grotto
- [X] Shimah & Sera- Ogre's Cavern E rank

Last edited:
[X] Loot- Grosstoad
-[X] Have Sera equip the Drakescale cloak for now to help with Ogre's Den.

[X]Split for Dungeons

Guys?

Sera should not be duoing Ashen grotto.

Sera (bad element DPS)+Anshelm (Tank) has no real damage output in this dungeon. Have Sera+???? go to Ogre's Den. Sending Sera on a duo to Ashen Grotto is worthless. Sera+Shimah has lower DPS and no tank. Either is awful. While Ashen Grotto has great drops for Sera (probably) it also looks to essentially nullify her utility entirely.

The solution is obviously to just do different dungeons. Ogre's Den is aimed at level 4 max classes and is meant to be duoable AND was purposefully left out by branded as a good intro dungeon where people aren't likely to fuck up and die. So they're at the cap and it's meant for two, so it's easier, AND it's an E rank. It'll still give them a solid 10+JP which is the big reason we're splitting here.

Now, why Shimah in the smaller party?

For one, Sera should either be able to kite or tank the ogres much as we did with the goblins. While she has less CC, that's less of a problem in Ogre's Den where crowds aren't an issue and kiting would be easier.

By contrast, we're leaving Al to tank Ashen Grotto, a dungeon where we only know the element and know nothing about enemy distribution, boss dangers, etc. One high DPS room=Bad end. Shimah's job can be done via potting. Anshelm's job cannot be done reliably by Al, so the harder dungeon gets Anshelm. This matches pretty perfectly with what the party suggested when we split up before.

The other thing to consider is that while Sera is level headed, she's also meek. Anshelm is both brave and stupid. In this end, balancing out Anshelm with Maya and putting Sera with the more reasonable Shimah means that both parties are less likely to push too hard if things go bad. In terms of personalities, Anshelm would probably push Sera to keep going to the boss even if they were out of potions and then die awfully.

Last edited:
Get Anshelm, if he has one, to trade one of his bags for the lightning resistant one. We ought to start stacking his resistances.

Get Anshelm, if he has one, to trade one of his bags for the lightning resistant one. We ought to start stacking his resistances.

Not much point in stacking his lightning resistance unless we're going back to Drake tomorrow (I wouldn't hugely object). It can wait either way.

Anshelm is not currently wearing any Bags, I think. His Str score already gave him the largest Inventory, even when the others equipped two Bags. :D

On the other hand, the Dungeon we are voting for does not have Lightning?
Well, unless Anshelm and Sera get (un)lucky and triggers the Ogre Magi.

[X] Loot- Grosstoad
-[X] Have Sera equip the Drakescale cloak for now to help with Ogre's Den.
[X]Split for Dungeons

Social:
Action:
[X]Split for Dungeons

Last edited:
Loot:
Social:
Action:
[X]Split for Dungeons

Loot:

Action:
[X]Split for Dungeons

lol, Are we trying to piss everyone off?

Apparently.

I'd like to imagine Al was slightly more socially conscious than this (lol why would a man and a woman be disheveled together you guys), but oh well.

New
Loot:
Action:
[X]Split for Dungeons

I agree that it's kinda excessive. We're going from silly to Alice being a little dim. She's been making comments that show she's well aware that she knows what they're up to.

Vigorous tail petting, obviously. And ear rubs.

Action:
[X]Split for Dungeons

Let us not approach 1 Natsuru.

I think she is already there, but not from density.

Just denial. :p

Gonna lock up. Winner is pretty obvious here.

Poor Shimah and Sera, all alone with big nasty ogres, who knows what could happen~

Also for the social stuff I will be taking that kind of thing as suggestions, what Alice actually says will be changed by in character situations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back