• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

Good day everyone.

The wording on this option seems to imply it takes up both of the Mansus exploration actions that we would normally get per AP spent? Is that the case, or is it the same as other Mansus exploration actions?

Because if it eats both, I need to go adjust my plans.
Oh, sorry for that. "Mansus-related outsidere option" costs one Mansus exploration action. So, since you already will use your free Mansus exploration for the Ashen Wastes, then you would need to spend a personal action to gain the usual two Mansus Exploration points, and then spend one of those two points on that option.

Also @OurLadyOfWires still no Ash info? We're starting to run out of "beginning" for the turn. :V
"Bird, when is Selene going to talk to her other sister, Soft Sweeps?"
"Bird, when are we learning about Ash?"
"Bird, it couldn't possibly be that those two things are related, could it?"

:V

@OurLadyOfWires No rerolls used on summoning DoA?
No rerolls used on DoA. Knock was a tiny bit clutch, but passing a roll by a little is still passing.

Would AotL Grail actually help with Comet @OurLadyOfWires ? If not we might be better off going for Heart or Winter, in case of such rolls in the Mansus (as they're the "defensive" lores).
You can't tell for sure, really. Unironically speaking, an Edge AotL might be useful.

Actually, @OurLadyOfWires has Rarity ever failed a roll thus far? and if she's working on her career, does she also rolls for the quality of her work besides the automatic success?
All that matters is that Rarity will let you know if she definitely needs to succeed her roll during a turn. Just how like Jade tells you if she needs some time off.

Well, they might not tell you directly, but I will. So those fine details really aren't on Velvet's radar right now.

@OurLadyOfWires does Rarity gets a potential Sacrament to achieve on her own, like Velvet does?

And if she does, could SHE then share it with us?
@OurLadyOfWires I don't suppose Selene can research her own personal Sacraments for Moth and Winter and then share them with us, can she? I already asked about the other confidants, though I don't think you answered (not recently at least. If I had asked in the old thread I don't remember it).
About this. Let me dispel a misunderstanding that I think has been building up for a while.

Having a Sacrament doesn't mean you can teach other ponies Sacraments.

The requirements for teaching a Sacrament is literally a skill called "One who is very great".

Attaining a Sacrament doesn't make you a Very Great creature, the same way that graduating from school doesn't make you a professor.

So, unfortunately, perish the thought of having one character reach a Sacrament and then "spreading it around".

This was awesome! I love her already. And it was funny how she was so casually strong and dismissive about it at the same time. "Yeah, I pinned you down and you can't escape. Sure. But did you really need to have a scar?"

Thank you for writing it!

"Velvet Moon"?

Uh… from what I recall we can only have one Name Influence at a time? Or did that get changed? I remember there being some confusion at points when Bird rejiggered the rules a bit, but not exactly how it played out.
Iirc, we can only have one Called Influence at a time. I don't believe we're limited on Name-channeled Influences.
What Greymere said.

When a Name gives you a temporary Influence, it's like they are a little ghost following you around and buffing you. You can have an many as you want.

When you summon a 2-turn influence, it's like a cape or a gear you are putting on, and it's too cumbersome to have two at the same time. (But they last two turns, unlike a Name-given one)

...do Names even get rerolls, actually? It's not like we've ever seen them use them. @OurLadyOfWires?
Well, Level 4 Lore gives you a reroll, and they are Level 6. So they certainly have at least a Level 4 reroll, yes.

One thought on a Steppes action: we could ask him about his time in Manehattan?

(@OurLadyOfWires is this a possible Steppes letter?)
Sure. I'd appreciate a little more specificity on your wording, though, just so Steppes understands what you are asking.

And as always, he might be too busy to answer. But you can write to him whatever you want.

@OurLadyOfWires Sorry, What is the place that Velvet suspects she might want to visit? Is this the crater, a gate, something else? If Velvet has a suspicion, surely that's something we should know…
Well, the Forge-of-Days did a lot of breaking, and left a very big "something" in a very big crater. And the only reason Velvet didn't look at the crater was because she was too mentally overburdened to do anything more than crawl to the Tricuspid Gate and get closer to Glory.

Still, she knows there is something very Forge-y and very Break-y there, and...

Actually, let me take a step back. You need to remember that Velvet doesn't know how to obtain the Blood of an Outsider. Knowing that killing Selene would net you that is a was-not that she never really had contact with.

She only has this vague understanding, corroborated by Baldomare, that Outsiders are a power "not from this world".

So right now, her best plan is to literally find an Outsider, and then wring him on a juicer until something usable comes out.

And given what happened in the Mansus, she thinks the best place she can find the largest juicer possible, anywhere, is where the Forge-of-Days did something.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with. I was considering extending the moratorium a little bit, since it's a friday and I posted the update probably during the night of several timezones. But things seem to be progressing fine.

Sooo… searching for an Outsider killer is probably searching for the Malleary. Cool. That makes me much happier about that since it's something I really wanted anyways. Not sure if it's worth doing that and going at the Church though, but people clearly want both.

--[X] Explore the Red Church
Oh, and a small comment. I haven't checked all the plans yet, but this was right in front of me as I typed my last post.

So, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your plan, and this is fine. I just want to make sure you all remember that exploring the Red Church is a Mansus Expedition.

They only cost one Mansus-exploration action, and it's perfectly placed in this plan. But it's still one of those "dangerous, dark, scary" things that involve Velvet going somewhere, uh, complicated.

Again, no problem at all doing it. Just wanted to point out this isn't a regular "walk around the Blank Plains and find a garden".

Sooo… searching for an Outsider killer is probably searching for the Malleary. Cool. That makes me much happier about that since it's something I really wanted anyways. Not sure if it's worth doing that and going at the Church though, but people clearly want both.
And yeah. I don't want to spell it out with all the words because, well, I'm the writer, and doing so would feel like giving spoilers.

But come on. We all have background information about the CS game. What else could the Forge-of-Days have used to literally hammer the Mansus? We all know what that "thing" is that Velvet wants to check.

Unironically speaking, an Edge AotL might be useful.
Let's absolutely do this, if we're confronting comet.

But come on. We all have background information about the CS game. What else could the Forge-of-Days have used to literally hammer the Mansus? We all know what that "thing" is that Velvet wants to check.
Hmmm. Then I really think any action that does this should also read the Forge books, because we're likely to get Forge scraps and then the books are useless.

I think my biggest concern would be, with the probably Malleary, is Velvet just going over to look at it—we know where it is, so we don't even need to search—or would she probably be going inside? Because one is a lot more dangerous than the other, and poking Velvet's nose into both of the most high level places at once is just a little wild.

Well I am even more concerned about Comet now.

I think either we should pass on our contest

[X] Plan Business and Light without Comet
-[X] (AotL) Grail
-[X](Leash) Filthy Rich
-[X] (Steppes) Ask about any rumors and general perceptions of us, Fair Trial, and our respective institutions, among both nobles and the commonfolk.
-[X] (Forge) SH2, for Jade's RotT
-[X] (Social) Level up Jade
-[X] Summon a Mare-in-the-Light
--[X] To be performed on an inconspicuous place, located by Baldomare
-[X] [LEARN] "Unknown Ritual – A Memory of Light" Step one
-[X] Study: Forge 3, Forge 3, Mystery Book
-[X] Talk to Filthy Rich
-[X] Explore the Mansus
--[X] Find a new location in the Ashen Wastes
--[X] The place where the Mansus was struck. You must explore it.

Or summon Beddie and cast max Edge influence I guess.

[X] Plan Business and Beddie
-[X] (AotL) Grail
-[X](Leash) Filthy Rich
-[X] (Steppes) Ask about any rumors and general perceptions of us, Fair Trial, and our respective institutions, among both nobles and the commonfolk.
-[X] (Forge) Edge 3 Reagent
-[X] (Social) Level up Jade
-[X] Summon a Mare-in-the-Light
--[X] To be performed on an inconspicuous place, located by Baldomare
-[X] Summon Beddie (use Edge 3 reagent and Wrong Key)
-[X] Study: Forge 3, Forge 3, Mystery Book
-[X] Talk to Comet Feet
-[x] Explore the Mansus
--[X] The place where the Mansus was struck. You must explore it.
--[X] Explore the depths of the Ruined Church

[X] Plan Business and Opportunities
[X] Plan A Cheaper Beckoning of Biedde

Last edited:
Just gonna note, but, uh… while I'm pretty convinced that talking to Comet could end in violence, rolling up on him with a Name granted max Edge Influence probably makes that an absolute certainty. Because that's kinda a sign that Velvet is actively expecting a fight.

In the other hand, I totally wanna see her throw down a +90 check if he tries to pull something and want to see Biedde besides, so I'm not gonna complain.

Comet?

You all do realize he pushed up into the Sacrament for Edge, with very little of the other lores to anchor him, yeah? And that lores not so subtly shift how you look and view the world and what makes things tick.

Velvet is... Not very Edge-y to be frank. She can yes, but her thoughts aren't as anchored in that idea.
AotL is to be draped in that Edge. To better let her see where he is coming from, and so that they both an speak on a more.... Leveled ground.

I doubt it will be a full on brawl, but Edge helps out when the only way Comet can easily communicate with is to have a conversation be confrontation.

Also, thanks y'all for catching the leash mistake of mine earlier. Forgot it fell off.

Not many of our previous talks involved violence.

Though I am sure Comet would appreciate us speaking his language for once.

So right now, her best plan is to literally find an Outsider, and then wring him on a juicer until something usable comes out.
We can't just go around wringing peoples juices out bird. We are a married mare.

While I'm still not entirely on board with summoning Biedde this turn, if we do I would really like to have a better than 78% chance at succeeding.

[] Plan A Better Beckoning of Biedde
-[] (AotL) Edge
-[] (Forge) Edge 3, Edge 2, SH2 for Jade (-1 AP)
-[] (Steppes) Ask about any rumors and general perceptions of us, Fair Trial, and our respective institutions, among both nobles and the commonfolk.
-[] (Social) Level up Jade
-[] Summon Biedde
--[] Sacrifice Edge 3 and Edge 2 reagents
--[] To be performed on an inconspicuous place, located by Baldomare
-[] Fleeting Opportunity: Comet Feet
-[] Study: Forge 3, Forge 3, Mystery Book
-[] Explore the Mansus
--[] Find a new location in the Ashen Wastes
--[] Explore the depths of the Ruined Church

Start of Turn: 16 + 160 (income) + 55 (Rarity) = 231

Costs:
-85 (Reagents)
-100 (Biedde)
-60 (RotT x2)
-70 (BtRC2)
+118 (Commission)
Total: -197

End of Turn: 231 - 117 = 34

Last edited:
Comet?

You all do realize he pushed up into the Sacrament for Edge, with very little of the other lores to anchor him, yeah? And that lores not so subtly shift how you look and view the world and what makes things tick.

Velvet is... Not very Edge-y to be frank. She can yes, but her thoughts aren't as anchored in that idea.
AotL is to be draped in that Edge. To better let her see where he is coming from, and so that they both an speak on a more.... Leveled ground.
He's not actually Sacramented, but while I do agree with the rest, I also get that this is basically Velvet going up to a very conflict driven individual with the intent of telling him that she killed the guy he was helping. I don't really expect a full on to-the-death fight—though they would both be primed for such a fight and that's exactly what the Edge Sacrament entails—but at the very least there will probably be one combat exchange minimum. AotL wouldn't trigger otherwise.

Honestly, he'll probably just be testing Velvet for strength or something, or maybe attack before she can properly explain. Either way, there's gonna be some violence.

Just gonna note, but, uh… while I'm pretty convinced that talking to Comet could end in violence, rolling up on him with a Name granted max Edge Influence probably makes that an absolute certainty. Because that's kinda a sign that Velvet is actively expecting a fight.
To be fair, a max Edge Influence would probably also be pretty useful for the Church depths. We'd have perfectly legitimate reasons to be carrying one around! :V

While I'm still not entirely on board with summoning Biedde this turn, if we do I would really like to have a better than 78% chance at succeeding.
Hmm. Other alternatives that don't require an AP: Wrong Key + Edge 3 takes us to 84%, or with Edge 4 after reading we're at 94%.

Last edited:
Hmm. Other alternatives: Wrong Key + Edge 3 takes us to 84%, or with Edge 4 after reading we're at 94%.
Edge 4 alone, or Edge 4 + Wrong Key? Because if Edge 4 + Wrong Key can get us above 94%, it may be worth the extra 15 (total) bits (I.e. 80 from Edge 4 + 20 from SH 2). But we definitely wouldn't be summoning any MitL anytime soon (sadly). Otherwise I'd say stick w/ Edge 3 + Edge 2.

And in general, if we're summoning Names, I'd prefer to stick to chances 90% or higher. Considering how expensive they are.

Last edited:
The really funny thing about a max Edge Influence is how unless Comet has an influence of his own up, Velvet beats him out even when he's using AotL and she isn't. And he can only have so many of those. Even if he fought for longer than one round she would still have an advantage.

Waiting for an Edge 4 Reagent also means Biedde wouldn't be summoned until, like, halfway through the turn anyways. And if we're too late his actions get pushed off to the next turn so we wouldn't get the Influence.

The really funny thing about a max Edge Influence is how unless Comet has an influence of his own up, Velvet beats him out even when he's using AotL and she isn't. And he can only have so many of those. Even if he fought for longer than one round she would still have an advantage.
It's funnier than that, even. If we're using a max Edge Influence, then we'd still be rolling with a +49 combat modifier even under Dancing With Death.

Last edited:
He's not actually Sacramented, but while I do agree with the rest, I also get that this is basically Velvet going up to a very conflict driven individual with the intent of telling him that she killed the guy he was helping. I don't really expect a full on to-the-death fight—though they would both be primed for such a fight and that's exactly what the Edge Sacrament entails—but at the very least there will probably be one combat exchange minimum. AotL wouldn't trigger otherwise.

Honestly, he'll probably just be testing Velvet for strength or something, or maybe attack before she can properly explain. Either way, there's gonna be some violence.
Into the Sacrament, he didn't complete it, yes. But. Not the point.

The point is that the fleeting action is talking to Comet about Shining. Whether that question is "What the hell man" or "So, why didn't you kill him" or some variation on the theme. Either way.... This is Comet. If he even responds, if he says something as simple as "You wouldn't understand " he has a point. Velvet never lingered under an Edge Influence. Velvet never had to go out as the tool of war for the Master.

Even if she does understand, He won't be able to see that she understands. Her edge is too Wolf Tainted. An Edge Influence is... It's a way of telling him "I am trying to understand."

I don't think it's a bad idea. It makes the chance of escalation much worse. But I also think it has the chance that things improve.

Does AotL and Influence stack? Is there a point in adding Edge AotL too?
They do. Seperate powers.
It's funnier than that, even. If we're using a max Edge Influence, then we'd be rolling with a +49 combat modifier even under Dancing With Death.
…Shit that's kinda terrifying. He's only got, what, +59 with AotL? If we had drawn them all out, Velvet would still be more dangerous.
I don't think it's a bad idea. It makes the chance of escalation much worse. But I also think it has the chance that things improve.
Ah, I'm not saying it's a bad idea either. Just, you know. Using Edge to understand Edge is, well… that's basically how you get anime style "BEFRIENDING". :V

A bit of a silly question but how would the quest have gone if we had tried to go for the Mother of Wolves ending on purpose. As in, taking as many regretable actions as possible. It feels like we could have reached the ending of the game very very quickly. Just curious if we would have encountered interference of some kind

I don't hate the plans I've seen — woohoo finally getting a MitL! — but I would love to see a Biedde-sunmoning plan.

And maybe a SH-maxing plan as well. Rerolls are quite powerful (for success and for getting bonus scraps!), which makes me worried about trying to concentrate the Sacrament actions into one turn.

EDIT: ALSO, I really think we should consider not getting Jade a reagent and instead getting a free Level 2 knock/Level 1 Edge reagent. That's a lot of value!
Biedde summoning is kinda difficult to impossible.

The problem is, we need a fairly high roll for Edge, so we'd need an Edge 2 or 3 reagent to make it viable.

And that means we either give up the SH reagent for Jade's scrying attempt (which means we risk failing in finding a book for Baldomare, a BIG NONO) or that we need to ALSO invest an action in making extra reagents.

Which we have to pay for. as well as pay for the ritual.

We most likely just CAN'T afford Biedde this turn. MAYBE next turn, depending on Frangiclave expedition (costs and if we do it turn 20 or 21)

Kind of same problem for SH plan. We need an influence, so we'd want an SH reagent for the ritual, and we'd likely get a tier 3 or 4 influence (with small chance of tier 2).

Better to wait until Baldomare can give us a certain tier 4 instead, so either next turn or turn 21. and if we consume the reroll on the first attempt we abort and delay the second attempt.

As for the reagent saving bits, keep in mind we're still using the gift on Axe either way. we're not saving extra money, the choice is if we're considering the already existing reagent as "always having been made from the gifts, retroactively" (for simplicity's sake) or if we're making a new one instead, and keeping the other edge 2 knock 1 reagent for Biedde.

Don't forget the variable +5 to +15 from the SH3 artifact.
True, I often forget about it.

It should also help with studying the books, and plenty other things.

I wonder if it helps in searching for Discord...

Their is zero reason for Velvet to ever go on a expedition when we have the 2 best names for expeditions. The 2 of them can easily clear anything even a DC 200 wont stop them.
2 best names, and Selene.

For Frangiclave specifically the reason is narrative. I want Velvet to DIRECTLY help Axe in getting the Key, because I hope it will bring them closer.

Also because I don't trust Axe and Mareinette together, and I think the challenge rolls go basically "highest general bonus + all involved's rolls", so sending Velvet is basically a +20 added to the Name's usual bonus (except for Combat, where she's just an extra fighter that rolls better than Shining Armor, arguably the strongest a unicorn non-cultist can get)

Basically if we send Axe + Velvet we should roll, I think, 50 + Velvet lores + Axe rolls.

So +100 Knock (and 2 rerolls?), and +70 minimum on everything else except social. and Velvet would roll something like +33 on social/Grail.

and Velvet grants rerolls to everything except Heart (for now).

Other Lores exist beyond Knock, Heart, and Grail, you know. Having a +50 expedition bonus isn't going to save the DoA if she runs into a DC 160 Secret Histories obstacle.
Honestly I don't expect DCs above 150 to even exist, at least in the Wake, but Velvet is still an extra +20 AND REROLL to everything to be added to Axe's +50.

Velvet's near-all-4 is a major benefit to any expedition, and synergizes perfectly with Axe's (or Mareinette's) very high General bonus (which replaces the fairly low Velvet stats by comparison).

Basically, Axe rolls +50 on everything except social and combat on an expedition, and a bit more on KNOCK. (combat is different)

Velvet would roll something like +30 to +34 on everything on expeditions, except combat (which works differently)

But TOGETHER, they get the best of both worlds.

Axe's general bonus (+50) instead of Velvet's fairly normal / mortal +10 to +15.

Velvet's +20 and rerolls from ALL-4 instead of Axe's NOTHING for everything except Knock (Edge is for combat, that's different.

So, for most stuff:

Velvet = +30 to +35
Axe= +50
Velvet AND Axe= +70

For most things,Axe alone is enough. Or Mareinette.

For the TRULY big and most difficult expeditions, Velvet is a major advantage to add to Axe, Mareinette, or potentially even Luna (general + 30)

So something I realized when I was talking about Influences for the Frangiclave expedition. If we're summoning a MitL this turn, she'll expire on T21. Meaning it may be possible to use up her last action then use her as a sacrifice to summon a Lantern Influence if it would be useful.

We could potentially be running a max Grail/Heart, Edge, Secret Histories, and Lantern Influence all at the same time when we go to do the Frangiclave expedition.
Or we could sacrifice her for Biedde instead. Though technically an Edge reagent costs less (45 bits, same edge 3 bonus, vs 55 bits for mare summon)

That said, for the Frangiclave expedition (unless scouting reveals specific obstacles) I'd mostly want the Edge influence. that +40 would help a LOT to make Velvet actually useful in combat.

With it she'd actually roll higher than Axe! +68 with one reroll every 6 clashes vs Axe's +65 (if she calls an influence for herself, and she can only call a tier 2).

yes, Velvet can technically roll higher than Axe in combat with some preparation. FEAR THE SCARRED MOTHER.

better, but Selene is what she is to her loved ones now!

(Except Celestia, admittedly).

We can actually get that one anytime we want.
well, we need 3 actions and 90 bits, but yeah, we COULD.

and arguably we might want to soon enough. when Daybreaker puts at risk all of Equestria, there's an argument that 3 random lives are an acceptable price to pay for better odds.

Definitely more justified than our Regrettable action to destroy the Tribal Door, and MAYBE even with the Master.

Try Velvet Luna.

We can actually get that one anytime we want.

Explanation about the Jade comment:
Jade asked to study Selene's Knock levels.
After studying Selene's Knock levels she managed to give us the rituals "Rite of Childhood's End" and "Rite of the Mother and the Father" and the option to research "A Memory of Light".
My crazy thought was that if we raise Selene's Knock to 4 there might be something Jade can learn like the previous times.

But that is all just in my head.
Ah. PROBABLY not, but it's an interesting thought.

Pitt's saying we don't need to go to the place we already know about, we can explore different areas instead.
exactly. We have MANY new places to visit, and the reward for a first time visit are presumably greater, and usually include AT LEAST one scrap of lore and sometimes new summons.

revisiting would roll for a reward, and it has been implied it would be lower. It can be something like a low rank influence, or a minor reagent, or something else. We don't really know because I think we never actually revisited the same place twice, as we always had better places to explore.

Mareinette, and Ax have a combined +110 for all expedition rolls, with rerolls, and something like 8 failed roll before they are forced to quit. Unless an expedition explicitly requires Velvet she nothing but dead weight.
I'm mostly sure we don't sum the general bonuses.

the roll should be "highest stat/general bonus" + "applicable lore of all involved ponies in the expedition".

So Mareinette and Axe together would just the highest of their General bonuses (+50 for everything except +60 for social), and then their lores (Knock 6, Edge 3, Heart 6, Grail 6).

and obviously in combat they'd both fight, Axe with +30 (general) + 15 (edge 3) + POTENTIALLY 20 (edge influence 2 if pushed), and Mareinette would just roll +40 (general bonus).

Velvet, on the other end, can add +20 to whoever she travels with, and would replace the +10 social from Axe with her... +13 diplomacy :V

well, and I think a +5 from her beautiful trait too, if relevant

We should absolutely use a Mareinette action next turn for a Heart lesson.
it's either that, or sending her on a one-mare expedition (she can solo most "simple" expeditions, so she could potentially do the lvl 6 book alone)

I can't see any use for the Leash right now.

social Filthy (or potentially Cherilee/Mayor Mare/Applejack), bring him to good friend, apply leash for Confidant bonus, we can then use him directly or for extra Velvet AP

It's kind of the only use I can think of for the Leash right now
Summon a MitL and have her look for the manuscripts.
I'm waiting to see what they're especially good at.

Maybe we'll have them scry. Maybe they can't scry, but have a decent general bonus and we'll send her scouting an expedition site.

Maybe we'll add her to house guarding, or we'll send her to search for books or expedition sites.

We just don't know what they can do yet.

I think the only difference between my preferred options in the plans proposed so far is that Pittauro's teaches Rarity and Greymere's does an extra Mansus action.

I also wouldn't mind spending an action friending Filthy Rich this turn instead.

I'm starting to lean on extra mansus over Rarity, but I'm fine with both. Filthy I'm less sure of, but it's not a bad idea in and of itself.

I just think a grail 4 forge 2 Rarity would be better. Same for more mansus, which likely means at least an extra scrap and possibly more

Speaking of that last Expedition, I would want to spend an action or two looking at the stuff we got from it. The Heart blanket and SH book have been quite useful in the past, and I want to make more use of the tools and books we already have before going out to find more.

You know, if we get another book or artifact from Canterlot part 2, next turn we could study that + the knock 2 artifact we have left... though of course we might get better stuff to study. We don't know what we don't know.

There's also always a chance of us failing a study roll, especially for higher rank stuff like the Frangiclave.

On that note... IF we had to sacrifice the Frangiclave for Axe's freedom, I'd want to study it first, as it's 2 Knock scraps.

indeed I'd probably go "Axe lesson to reach Knock 4 4/4, then Axe sacrament, then study frangiclave, then give it to her". All in one turn if we could.

Also I wish to summon Biedde because he is so fitting for a head of the pony FBI/CIA to hire. Sign him on as an independent contractor and cackle. Cackle I say!
sadly we just can't do it with good enough chance this turn.

I think we'd have something like a 60% chance with no reagents? I suppose we could immediately sacrifice a Mare summon for him, that gives us decent odds, but then we need to pay ANOTHER 100 bits...

post is getting too long, let's post this for now...

A bit of a silly question but how would the quest have gone if we had tried to go for the Mother of Wolves ending on purpose. As in, taking as many regretable actions as possible. It feels like we could have reached the ending of the game very very quickly. Just curious if we would have encountered interference of some kind
The downside of the Mother of Wolves ending lies not in the process, but the consequences afterward :V

Interference? Yes. Within and without.

Baldomare would know and has made her view on these things.
The players would know. And have voted in their own ways for and against it.
The QM would know. And has spoken plainly on such things.

It would be swift, violent, and ugly.
It's a good thing that is just another history for now.

Honestly I don't expect DCs above 150 to even exist, at least in the Wake, but Velvet is still an extra +20 AND REROLL to everything to be added to Axe's +50.
I mean, we've seen some though? Not even doing crazy Lore stuff. An early Twilight social had a DC 160 to really impress her, and there was a 180 breakpoint when introducing Rarity to noble society. I'm probably forgetting one or two others as well.
I think we'd have something like a 60% chance with no reagents? I suppose we could immediately sacrifice a Mare summon for him, that gives us decent odds, but then we need to pay ANOTHER 100 bits...
Copper: "better than coinflip chances to summon a fucking Name without even having to burn her best minions, and she wants better? God, Velvet is such a snob." :V

Biedde summoning is kinda difficult to impossible.

The problem is, we need a fairly high roll for Edge, so we'd need an Edge 2 or 3 reagent to make it viable.

And that means we either give up the SH reagent for Jade's scrying attempt (which means we risk failing in finding a book for Baldomare, a BIG NONO) or that we need to ALSO invest an action in making extra reagents.

Which we have to pay for. as well as pay for the ritual.

We most likely just CAN'T afford Biedde this turn. MAYBE next turn, depending on Frangiclave expedition (costs and if we do it turn 20 or 21)
Let's be clear here. You're not saying we can't afford Biedde. You're saying that we can't afford any degree of risk in the Jade RotT.

I think that's a little misguided! 16% failure is tolerable! If we fail, we still have another turn — to do a Velvet super powered book search, or scry a book we can buy, or see if we get anything from the multiple expeditions we have planned.

And when the reward for accepting that risk is a very good chance at a NAME, I think we should.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back