• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Exalted 3E Discussion

Hmmm.. you know that makes me wonder.. If I understand it right, the important part for an Exaltation is the Soul Anatomy, right? You gotta have a Soul that is still human and all that.

So what happens if you stick a to-be Exalted person's soul into a dog/cat/bear/monkey etc... ? Can they still Exalt?

Hmmm.. you know that makes me wonder.. If I understand it right, the important part for an Exaltation is the Soul Anatomy, right? You gotta have a Soul that is still human and all that.

So what happens if you stick a to-be Exalted person's soul into a dog/cat/bear/monkey etc... ? Can they still Exalt?

I don't think such creature could exalt. Soul is made out of two parts. Lower soul that animals possess but sapient beings also have a higer soul. So putting someone soul into animal body that already have a different soul is like severing human in half and trying to attach his torso to a decapitated horse in hope you get a centaur.

I think closest you get to exalting such being is if it turns into a Liminal exalted.

also, even if they can still exalt, most Exalted charms assume human physical form as layout. there's a case of Solar that turn herself into tentacle monster and need to learn Infernal charms because her native charms can't be used with her new limbs.

The non-humanoid form counts as "mutations" and are burned away. leaving behind a "close enough" approximation.
Although IIRC this can only happen during exaltation, mutations or body-shifting that happen after exaltation can screw an exalt over.
I don't think such creature could exalt. Soul is made out of two parts. Lower soul that animals possess but sapient beings also have a higer soul. So putting someone soul into animal body that already have a different soul is like severing human in half and trying to attach his torso to a decapitated horse in hope you get a centaur.
I think closest you get to exalting such being is if it turns into a Liminal exalted.
I think it might work under the situation of a human that has been transformed into an animal form, if their soul is still intact.

Unfortunately there is no Charm that lets you initiate familiars into Martial Arts :(
Also, animal shapes are incompatible with Martial Arts Charms unless the ST adjucates otherwise on a case by case basis (such as with animal-themed styles).
Do the normal charms for inducting "mortals" into martial arts explicitly state that the mortal must be human?
also, even if they can still exalt, most Exalted charms assume human physical form as layout.
Do they actually? I am told that in exalted missing both eyes or both hands for example gives a trivial penalty to an exalt. And then there are charms specifically to work around it that end up giving a net bonus instead of just removing the malus

I don't even remember which Ex3 charms let do that! o_O
can't you just use Tiger Warrior Training?

http://exaltedpast.wikidot.com/charm:tigerwarriortrainingtechnique
Under the banner of the Solar Exalted, even bandits and peasants become deadly warriors. This Charm involves training a military unit. This Charm requires five or more hours of effort in any given week to bear fruit. This Charm increases the Drill of a unit by one for each week of training, to a maximum of Drill 5. In each week of training, the trainer picks one trait to train: Valor, Strength, Dexterity, Stamina, Archery, Dodge, Martial Arts or Melee. This Charm increases that trait for each member of the unit by one dot, to a maximum of 4. The Solar can train with the unit or as a solo unit, increasing her own traits. She cannot increase others' traits past her own.
wait, is that the 3e or 2e version?

The whole "no longer mortal" thing is IIRC from some developer response rather than something in the book.

But yes, a mortal who becomes a sorcerer doesn't get an essence pool. Thus they can't benefit from some spells that has that as a requirement for some parts. Like how Invulnerable Skin of Bronze has "In addition, characters with an Essence pool gain access
to the following powers while this spell is active:" for the three "powers" it grants in addition to the bronze transformation. Nor can they learn Martial Arts charms or attune artifacts.

Lunar Kickstarter is ending. Get in within the next 3 days, if you want in on it.

Bit salty at the update revealed today. Lilith's background. Desus is gone entirely, Lilith is no longer the postergirl for being victimized by Solar Social bullshit. Instead, she went the Leviathan route and turned into her totem form for a few thousand years out of heartbreak. How utterly boring.

The way it is going, I guess we won't get Sublime Danger and her martial art in Many-Faced Strangers.

Lunar Kickstarter is ending. Get in within the next 3 days, if you want in on it.

Bit salty at the update revealed today. Lilith's background. Desus is gone entirely, Lilith is no longer the postergirl for being victimized by Solar Social bullshit. Instead, she went the Leviathan route and turned into her totem form for a few thousand years out of heartbreak. How utterly boring.
Are you really surprised considering what the rest of 3e is like?

Yeah, starting with the misandrist Realm, the SJW pandering shit is really starting to sour me on the fluff aspects of 3E just like Charm bloat and dice tricks on the mechanical side.
They really tried to repeat the "success" of 4th edition of D&D? While misandrist Realm ... if you squint your eyes and ignore that there is little practical difference between genders of Dragon-Blooded as far as their combat potential go, I am curious what kind of retarded reason behind such misandry exists?

They really tried to repeat the "success" of 4th edition of D&D? While misandrist Realm ... if you squint your eyes and ignore that there is little practical difference between genders of Dragon-Blooded as far as their combat potential go, I am curious what kind of retarded reason behind such misandry exists?
Since the book was written by different people it's a little bit inconsistent. So about 90% to 95% of the stuff about the Realm emphasizes how men are essentially blocked from any real authority position then there's also cultural and social stuff that also discriminates against men. Then the other % of stuff about the Realm has the male leader of Cathak be a serious contender to replace the Empress and then stuff about Ragara which all seems extremely inconsistent with the rest of sections on the realm.

Not really, no. Exalted are Exalted, sorcery or not.
I didn't say they stop being exalted. Not all exalted are sorcerers though, they have to undergo a process to be initiated into sorcery. An exalt who learned sorcery can be described as being a "sorcerer".

I didn't say they stop being exalted. Not all exalted are sorcerers though, they have to undergo a process to be initiated into sorcery. An exalt who learned sorcery can be described as being a "sorcerer".

I meant, their status as Exalted trumps their status as sorcerers. It's their status as Chosen that will get mentioned first, even if you ask who knows Sorcery in the area. Even for Dragon-Blooded Exalts.

In my view, calling someone a sorcerer means that's their primary focus and ability. Appropriate, for mortal sorcerers. For Exalted, their Charms are more defining than their Sorcery is, if they even know Sorcery.

Most 'Enlightened' Mortals are unique one offs like Mist or that pirate with a sword made from her tears, or they got some Spirit blood in them or something.

Sorcerers are not considered 'mortal' in mostly the same way

Also we got Sublime Danger and her Thousand-Blades style, shame we didn't get the devs extra pay.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back