1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fic Idea Dumping Ground

Discussion in 'CW Index' started by FurikoMaru, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

Found this idea on SB and was wondering if anyone would like to take a crack at it.

Somebody and Ddmkm122 like this.
  2. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Canonically, Frankenstein's Monster was built by a Magus in the Nasuverse; she's one of the Servants in Fate/Apocrypha. I don't see why Shirou wouldn't be able to pull off something similar, if he wasn't so heavily-aspected towards sword-based magecraft.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

I didn't want to start a thread for this, but I've been working on this idea for a while. I got quite a chunk down, but I couldn't quite finish it due to getting stuck.

Anyone think they could give me some ideas to finish this first chapter?

The house he lived in was a pretty simple one as far as homes went: two stories with a kitchen, a few bedrooms, den, and even a small storage room in the corner plus a few extra unused rooms on both the first and second floor. It was nothing like the house he had lived in before, but it was comfortable and habitable as well.

A young man was setting up dinner for himself when his doorbell rung, surprising him as he had not been expecting any guests that night. He quickly turned off the heat to his stove and yelled out that he was heading to the door.

When he opened his front door, Emiya Shirou knew the black cube being carried by the deliveryman was going to be trouble.

To be fair to the black cube, he didn’t even use Structural Analysis on it – it was the letter from Tohsaka Rin that was taped to the side that caused him to groan.

“Rin… Not again.” He muttered as he watched the deliveryman drive off. He then looked down at the black cube and the letter in his hand. Sighing, he carefully lifted the cube up and moved it inside the house. If Rin felt it was safe enough to be delivered via mundane courier, it can’t possibly be dangerous enough to skip dinner over.

After depositing the cube in his safe-room, Shirou took the letter with him back into the kitchen and finished making dinner. When he’s alone at home, he found that he liked simple dishes like the one he was having today: fried fish with some vegetable like snow peas, and a bowl of rice. It was easy to cook, and there were many ways to season it which kept it refreshing, or add to if he had unexpected guests dropping by.

He had started eating before remembering the letter that Rin sent with the cube, and paused in his meal to open it. As usual, Rin’s writing was neat and easily legible, even if a bit flowery for his tastes. To his surprise, the letter seemed like a normal letter at first glance… until he realized that if it came with the normal courier, it would have had to look normal.

“To my close friend, Emiya Shirou:

The season has turned, and once again the weather has turned dreary here in London. It has been a month since we last spoke, and I feel that it has been too long since we have met together.

My classes in London have been going well. I have made some remarkable discoveries throughout the past months, and one such discovery has led me to send you the attached item.

I’m sure you will have an interesting time with it, but do not peer too close at it.

-Tohsaka Rin

PS. Say hello to my sister for me.”

For some reason, he felt that the last line should have ended with “or else”, but she did not want to give him proof that she was vindictive as hell. The letter also filled him with dread, as the last time that this happened…

His sharp ears heard a floorboard creak and he quickly stood up and got into a defendable position. Sakura shouldn’t be back until later on in the week and Konoha has her own home now, so who was it that snuck into his home? His hand itched to have something in them, but he resisted the urge and picked up a cutting knife instead.

When the footsteps stopped right in front of the door separating the dining room/kitchen area with the hallway, Shriou gripped the knife tighter. When the door slowly opened, he was preparing to reinforce his body. When he heard a loud and rather familiar grumble, he lifted an eyebrow as a mop of silver hair peeked out from behind the door.

He sucked in a breath of air as his mind juxtaposed the coy look of a certain young girl on the face of the person who had stuck their head in. A second glance showed a rather pitiful look on her face as she looked at the food still on the table.

“… Are you hungry?” Shirou finally asked, deciding that nothing good can come from someone who reminded him of his (technically) older sisters.

The young girl, wearing a t-shirt way too large for her (which he recognize as his), dug enthusiastically into the food that he had prepared. He had found out that she didn’t understand how to use chopsticks and gave her a fork to eat with – though she needed help with deboning the fish.

“So, your name is Fear?” Shirou asked while opening up his senses by a bit. Instantly, he was hit with a heavy scent of blood… and regret? He wasn’t even sure he was supposed to be able to ‘smell’ an emotion like regret. She nodded while eating, and he waved the letter he received earlier. “And I assume you were that cube that I received today?”

Fear nodded again. “That old-ha…” She paused mid-sentence and glanced fearfully behind her as if expecting something, but found nothing but air. “Old-hag said that it was the most efficient way to get here from England.”

Shirou winced as he imagine what Rin would have been doing to make Fear react like that. “More like efficient for her wallet…” he muttered, knowing the young magus was probably just as tight with her money no matter where she was.

Luckily, Fear didn’t seem to catch that and continued eating. “I don’t even like being in that form for long, and I was kept in a cold place through the entire trip. If I see her again, I’m going to curse that old hag…” Her rambling faded off as she continued to chew on the food remaining.

Shirou watched her eat for another moment before grabbing some tea for himself. By the time he returned, Fear had finished off all the food and was sighing in content.

“So, how was Rin anyways? Her letter was kind of short and didn’t say much.” Shirou asked, trying to get a conversation started.

“The old hag was so annoying!” Fear shouted, jumping out of her seat. “She would poke me and touch me and tell me to do this or do that! If it wasn’t for the fact that she said…” Her rant suddenly cut off as she suddenly sat back down and her teeth clenched shut with a ‘clink’.

“She said what?” Shirou asked calmly, already knowing the answer.

For a moment, Fear seemed to shrink into herself as if cold water was splashed over her. But then she seemed to regain her confidence and said, “She said, I could free myself from my curse.”

Shirou nodded to himself as he took another sip of tea. This was not the first time that he had a conversation like this, and it reminded him of the first time he had met someone with a similar wish. She had already had some time to get used to the idea, but his entrance into the scene had scared her a bit until they had reach the relationship they share now.

“How much do you know about curses? And… tools, like me?” Fear softly asked, looking straight at him.

“A bit. I know that tools can become cursed or even ‘demonic’ if they are created or infused with negative thoughts continuously. Generally, this curse is spread to people around it or even its owner, and this power generally gives rise to some special power that can be used by that item.” Shirou answered, trying to think of all the information he knew about the topic of cursed tools.

“Anything else?” Fear prompted, still keeping her eyes trained on him.

“Well, eventually enough human thoughts – all the wills and grudges aimed at you, gather together to give birth to a being like you – something that's not fully human or fully a tool. A thing that transcended just a normal item, but not quite to the point where it is a legend in itself.”

To Shriou, ‘Cursed Tools’ had always reminded him of Noble Phantasms. They were both items that had transcended what a normal item was to become something more, but whereas Noble Phantasms seemed to have engraved themselves in the mind of all Humanity as legends or part of a legend, the ‘Cursed Tools’ are prominent only in a small part of Humanity, and are almost always scorned or cursed.

To be honest, it always reminded Shriou of the old Japanese folklore of keeping an item with you for 100 years and it would gain sentience.

“That's right – it started with a single grudge. I was made to harm people and because of it, I received much hatred, grievances, and murderous intents. From those grudges, I was given the curse of driving all my owners into insanity.”

“I did not ask for that. In fact, I did not ask to receive so many grudges and hatred that I became self-aware. I did not asked to be cursed against my will and cause all those things to happen.” Shirou noticed that her small hands were gripping his table tightly and lifting herself up from her seat with that leverage.

“Rin said that if I came here, I can free myself from that curse. That’s why I’m here, but she didn’t tell me what I would have to do. So tell me honestly – will I be able to free myself from my curse? And don't forget, I was sent to you and that makes you my current owner – if you lie about this place being able to purify strong curses, then you will be the first one to suffer from it.”

Shirou looked into Fear’s eyes. She had propped herself up on his table and was leaning forwards to glare at him. But that glare held nothing but fear and hopelessness of someone who has long been disappointed and does not expect to be saved anymore.

Shirou closed his eyes. To current him, her look was a bittersweet reminder of all that he has lost and gained. Even now, he did not believe it was wrong to want to help another person – no matter the fact that he knew that he can only save those who are close to him. That Fear would come to this place, and that he could offer her the salvation that she was looking for…

Shirou knew what it meant to be saved, and thus he answered in the only way he could. “Yes, you can.”

Fear started to slump, when she blinked and stared back at him with her mouth open. “Huh?”

“I said you can free yourself from your curse here. This land is naturally pure and has the ability to slowly purify any sort of curse – even though it has become a city, the properties of the land does not change.” Shirou explained, watching hope slowly grow in Fear’s eyes. “And no curse can touch me anymore, so your curse won't affect me either.”

Fear slowly slouched down into her seat, still staring at Shirou. It was like her dream was coming true, once again giving her hope that she would be able to stop the curse that had been thrust upon her creation.

“But when I said slow, I meant it.” Shirou warned. “A curse that is capable of creating someone like you would take years, if not a decade to be completely removed if you just sat here. If you want to remove the curse faster, you should try to create as much positive thoughts centered on you.”

“What do you mean, positive thoughts?” Fear asked, once again sitting properly and listening attentively.

“Your curse was created by the hatred and grudges of men who was killed by you. If you were to create the opposite type of thought – thankfulness and love – then the two energies will cancel out each other eventually. Well, at least that's what I've been told.” Shirou explained while taking Rin's lecturing pose #2, lifting an arm to emphasis his words while using the other to let his elbow rest on it. He added the last part just to make sure Fear understood that his information is second-hand.

“I see…” Fear muttered, thinking to herself. “Well, I didn’t think it would be easy to rid myself of this curse anyways.”

A sudden noise ran through the house, a soft chime of music from his doorbell. Fear jumped at the sudden noise, but Shirou reassured her that it’s just something people to use to tell that they’re outside the house. He left her with some rice-crackers and went to check who was at his doorsteps at this time of night.

Opening his front door, Shirou found a young woman in her mid-teens standing there with a pot in her hands and a frown on her face. Her hair was braided beside her face, and she wore a pair of round eyeglass that’s set on her face like it was out of some schoolgirl anime.

However, the most prominent feature she possessed was not her brown hair or eyeglasses, but her chest that Shirou would have called oversized for someone of her figure.

He sighed as he glanced down at the pot. He really should have figured that this would happen whenever he had other things happening. “Another one, Konoha?” He asked, backing out of the doorway.

Konoha nodded decisively and declared, “This time, you won’t find any imperfections in it!”

Shirou sighed and mentally cursed himself for his big mouth when he first met her. The day that they met was pretty much the first day that he moved to this house - and he semi-regretted it for creating this situation.

And this is pretty much all I have. Shirou will then go onto remember how he had criticized Konoha's cooking when he first met her, and she had taken that as a challenge to get him to acknowledge her. I thought about following canon a bit more, but... I really don't quite know where I'm going with this. Anyone with ideas?

(Btw, this evolved from a talk of how Shirou can understand every blade he sees down to the smallest detail...)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. ZiPeppe

ZiPeppe (⌐■_■)

This is an idea I had for quite some time, but never really managed to really go anywhere with it: Because of an unspecified accident a transformers (Prime continuity and possible spoilers) is dumped on Harry Dresden's earth (again, spoilers), and trough some shenanigans ends up meeting Mr. Dresden himself. In my scattered mental notes, the Cybertronian is a femme (to tickle Harry's sense of chivalry) and more importantly not influenced by the tech bane. Why do you ask? Because Cybertronians have souls (the spark), and their innards - while mechanical - are not technology but biology (stated by Ratchet during the stolen T-cog episodes, my memory says).

The Cybertronian wanders around for a bit, trying to find out where she is. After a bit of exploring, overhearing conversations and reading the cover of newspapers, she decides to contact this Mr. Dresden. The reasons can go from needing someone both discreet and able to handle the weird, a good reputation among those he helped, seeing something supernatural to all of the above. Also I find the image of a giant robot trying to use public phone without crushing it hilarious.

They meet, the Cybertronian reveals herself, cue soulgazing (of a sort, I imagined a spark would be quite incomprehensible for a human) due to surprise and ignorance. And after that I got nothing. Not even when all this is supposed to happen, or where energon could be found (nevernever?).

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. scapheap

scapheap Experienced.

Almost three years. Oh well, the nature of this thread would prevent this being a nerco, hopefully.

I was pondering a persona 4 idea where Nanako is shopping on the day that Yu, Yosuke and Chie enter the tv world and get dragged in. And then I amused by a little scene I created in my head of the three teenagers reacting in shock to the chair and noose while Nanako simply critique it("This knot would never hold up the weight of a body") before explaining her dad is a policeman and she pick up a few things to those worried that she know because of other reasons. And now I have the idea of Nanako just being unflappable to horror due to reading case files that her dad left out.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

There's no Jojo ideas thread?

Okay, idea: Lucy washes up on the beach of Morioh instead of the town where Elfen Lied is set. She then gets found by Josuke, who promptly heals her, then fends off her vectors' attacks with his Stand. During the fighting, she tells him about how humans have tortured her basically her whole life, and how there's a secret military lab that imprisoned and tortured her for years, and when he hears this, Josuke's enraged. He takes her to meet Jotaro, and then she joins the crew as they go take out the villains of Elfen Lied. A bizarre adventure ensues.

Somebody and Ddmkm122 like this.
  7. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

That's (appropriately) a bizarre idea.

Aaron Fox and Ddmkm122 like this.
  8. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

I just spent a while on the Elfen Lied wikia, and I think if someone with decent skills at fanfic writing took it on, it probably would be. I mean, giant precognitive mutants, UFOs powered by the brains of cloned psychics, a family with a secret destiny...

And that's before you get into the things that'd probably come from the crossover, like Stroheim-tier cybernetics for the quaduple-amputee Diclonius, or the possibility of the Stand Arrow giving the villains Stands...

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. Aaron Fox

Aaron Fox That Crazy/Not-Crazy Guy

How about this for an idea:

Children of a Frozen Earth (FiC and QQ worldbuilding thread links)/Gundam SEED AU (FiC worldbuilding thread here, QQ thread here)

So, due to SCIENCE related to 'the closest thing to magic' Quantum Physics and Theory, the American Dominion gets the entirety of it's space assets transported in a way similar to bluerock's CnC: Tiberium/SEED fic Tiberium: The Fires of Terra, which causes a lot of scratching heads. on all sides. As things 'quiet' down -as much as an entire Earth-Lunar Lagrange system and everything in it being on the verge of war can be- and information starts to be exchanged, several things become apparent:

• The 'Earth Alliance' populous is in uproar about how far the American Dominion is willing to allow people to augment themselves genetically and cybernetically to the point that it can be 'argued' that they're not human anymore.
      • The Blue COSMOS controlling nations thing are flipped in this continuity, as it is the Euros that are against gene-tech in RL while the US is more 'eh' on the subject...
      • OMNI Enforcer now has to deal with the headaches of a complete unknown being in the mix...
    • The Technocratic Union of Productive Location Ally on Nexus Technology's (name currently heavily in progress) populous is, at first, paranoid that they'll have to fight someone else as well, but once the full extent of the genetic and cybernetic augmentations are known, the PLANTs start basically going over backwards trying to get the American Dominion's biotech.
      • The PLANTs have only 'recently' (as in decades ago) won their independence from various blocks on Earth, which is partially the contributor to the pre-Bloody Valentine situation.
      • ZAFT is thankful of not having to make any detailed plans to attack the American Dominion... as it barely has the resources to fight the Earth Alliance!
    • ORB and other neutral nations are at a loss of what is happening... but are thankful enough that the American Dominion isn't going to be going after them. ORB is still a little miffed that the Heliopolis Cluster now got extremely crowded...
      • The neutral nations don't trust the American Dominion, like at all.
      • ORB is begrudgingly working with the American Dominion because the Heliopolis Cluster is literally on the American Dominion's doorstep.
    So when the Earth Sphere War -the pre-Bloody Valentine name for the conflict- started, the American Dominion wanted to keep neutral in the entire affair, and backed that up with an incredibly impressive military fleet. That is until an escorted shipment of medical supplies was intercepted at Julius 7 by Earth Alliance ships from the Atlantic Federation's 5th Orbital Fleet. The Earth Alliance attacked the group, leading to an American Dominion corvette to be nuked and appreciable damage other American Dominion warships while the blockade forces at Julius 7 were annihilated...

... and later that day, the American Dominion relayed it's decoration of war...

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. Aaron Fox

So, going back to seaQuest and this snippet came to me. The setting that gets IOST'd is the setting of the Iron Pact from my fic 'GATE: and so the Iron Pact Fought'... and it's the George episode (Knight of Shadow, which is considered one of the better Halloween episodes in live action scifi)...

Mid Atlantic; September 12th

Kapitänleutnant Doris Kühne frowned at the sight before her as the Wolfenstein operatives came in fully clad in psi-resistant HAZMAT suits.The bright neon yellow color of the suits hurt the eyes, but they were better than simply going into a suspected haunted locale or anywhere near a psi-memory with normal clothing. They brought in crates that are likely filled with more suits for the exploration team, but what Doris saw climbing up the ladder surprised her: Aaron Amadeus Thomas Neumann. Most people know him as simply 'The Junker Boss', but those within the paranormal community simply look at the person who uttered the name in fear. Like if just saying his name would bring great misfortune upon anyone.

"Ah, Doctor Westphalen," Aaron said as he shook the doctor's hand, "Kapitän Bridger." Kapitän Bridger then had his turn shaking Aaron's hand. "I'm Leutnant Aaron Amadeus Thomas Neumann, I'll be your paranormal relations handler for the duration of the situation. Sorry about all this protocol but it is there for a reason. We of the Iron Pact have a lot of experience in the paranormal, especially in the aftermath of our Second World War. We'll try to keep this entire operation short and sweet enough that you'll only have this incident as a foot note in your mind and logs." The assembled UEO officers and staff looked at Aaron with perplexed looks on their faces. "Kapitänleutnant Kühne, anything happened between the report and our arrival?"

"No sir," Doris answered with a salute, "Other than things feeling weird, there hasn't been any additional happenings." Aaron's face turned to a slight scowl as he digested the information, likely trying to compute the information that have been provided which isn't much given the lack of credible paranormal investigations that this Earth had.

"Understood," Aaron answered with a salute, "Kapitän, we will need to use your conference room to properly brief your team before we can proceed." Bridger simply scowled at this, but relented as Admiral Noyce gave him an earful about the situation once he got word about the call to Wolfenstein. "Hans, Adolf, Bill, setup a prep area for the Psi-Suits, I don't want anything go seriously wrong on this. If it is what I think it is, we'll need that gear." The three named operatives simply replied with a jawohl and proceeded to get directions to a suitable location.

Kapitän Bridger was trying to reconcile with everything that has happened so far, but relented to someone that is clearly far more experienced with the situation, "If you'll follow me Lieutenant, we'll get this all over with."

"Understood Kapitän," Aaron replied, "I know how unsettling to be so out of your comfort zone with this." Bridger sighed a miserable sigh.

"You don't know the half of it," Bridger lightly complained as the little entourage went to the ward room.

"I'm sorry that your first encounter with the organization that I regularly assist is probably one of the crappier situations you'll ever encounter Kapitän," Aaron began, "but your better off than solving everything yourselves. That can get rather messy, especially when there is a possible high-powered spirit lurking about." The team that Bridger had assembled to 'board' the RMS King George sat with rapt attention. "Wolfenstein has been dealing with this sort of thing in an official capacity for decades, and this sort of situation is where we come in and take over. It is not because of service rivalries or anything like that, it is what happens if things go wrong." That was when an image showed on the ward room's screen. " Hamburg, December 23rd, 1973; a poor family had a nasty encounter with a powerful, murderous spirit in an apartment complex that had been the site for some of the worst atrocities committed in the Great War of Resistance, the Day of Death, and our World War 2. What would become known as Wolfenstein went in thinking that it might be someone with psionic powers, what the operatives discovered was far worse. The spirit was barely vanquished, and thus began Wolfenstein's dive into the world of the paranormal. After that, Wolfenstein discovered things like Psi-Memories, which are a horror show of their own and you better pray to whomever you worship that you never encounter one. The best case scenario is that they'll mess you up mentally, worst case... well... let's just say the suicide rate for someone that had a bad encounter with a Psi-Memory is just horrendous no matter how you cut it."

"So, what do you assume we are going to encounter there?" Westphalen asked in a polite-yet-skeptical tone, "I mean you're acting like this isn't the first time you've done this..."

"We won't entirely know until we go in with the PKE readers," Aaron answered, "but given what little information we have we might have an intensely grief-stricken soul aboard." Everyone not part of the Iron Pact had puzzled looks on their faces. "Although, I'm going to commend you on using the various bits of lore to help you in your investigation of the George. At least you understand why quite a bit of myth had those in the first place." That was when one of the Wolfenstein operatives raised her hand. "Yes, Sophie?"

"What is your general reading on the situation Leutnant?" Sophie asked, "Given your record..." Aaron simply sighed a bit in frustration, Sophie had to bring that up.

"What record?" every UEO officer and UEO!Earth scientist exclaimed in various tones.

"I've been something of an attache with Wolfenstein since my near-death in 2005. I've worked with them for over a decade and I've seen things that I can't unsee," Aaron answered, "I've been on over a hundred operations with Wolfenstein, and thankfully this isn't going to be another Amarillo Incident." The Wolfenstein operatives were... apprehensive... at latter comment. Knowing how much of a shitshow that the incident was. "Now, I can't go into the Amarillo Incident, as it'll take too much time and outside the broad summary of the Incident, it is classified top secret." The UEO personnel groaned at that. "Now, you probably noticed that I'm not geared up like my compatriots and the reason for that is that I have a rather... unique... PKE field that allows me to interact with spirits without any technology. You may also notice that I have prosthetic limbs, this is due to the event that led to my near-death in 2005. Now, we'll go over the equipment that we'll be using in this operation. The first thing we'll go over is something that you'll be wearing: the 'Psi-Suit'. It is an NBC rated HAZMAT suit designed to disperse..."

"We're almost through the hatch," one of the UEO officers stated, "We'll be in within the next sixty seconds." Aaron simply nodded as he looked around.

"Alright, listen up," Aaron ordered, "I know that you've only been given extremely limited training with this equipment. If we had more time then we'll train you further in the equipment." Aaron heard grumbling from the UEO officers and Lucas. "However, given what the PKE readings we were getting at the seaQuest, we don't have enough time to get you full-rated on the equipment. You'll be pairing off with Wolfenstein operatives, you'll do defer to them on paranormal countermeasures due to their experience. I'll go in first and give the ship an initial scan on atmosphere and getting an accurate reading of the PKE waveform. Once I say it is safe for everyone to enter, we'll split into teams. A and B team, you'll be going through whatever passenger decks that haven't been flooded to retrieve the ship's and captain's log and look for any bodies that are still aboard and make sure they're properly put to rest. C team will go into the unflooded engineering compartments to see how this ship went down." Everyone nodded in acknowledgement just as the hatch was reported to be breached. The airlock opened and Aaron briskly entered the ship, PKE meter in hand and active.

The room that Aaron entered was heavily cob-webbed, and the PKE meter was spitting out data that is some of the most interesting readings that Aaron had ever seen. The atmospheric sensor indicated that the atmosphere was well within acceptable parameters... but a simple adjustment to take the PKE readings into account made it impossible on what the reality was... and that indicated an extremely powerful spirit if these readings were correct.

"This is Aaron, can't get a bead on the real atmosphere at this time. PKE readings are interesting to say the least, having seen anything like it," Aaron stated over the radio, "That means everyone keeps their masks on." Mutters of one of those scenarios again were uttered through the BATNET from the Wolfenstein operatives. "Other than that, safe enough for entry and investigation." That was when the PKE meter beeped. "I'm getting an odd PKE signal, setting out to investigate personally."

"Lieutenant, you're going out alone?" Bridger exclaimed, "You said that..."

"I know what I said Kapitän," Aaron interrupted, "however this is something that I'll have to do alone. The Wolfenstein operatives can fill you on that later." Aaron sighed as he grabbed his extensively modified caseless pistol, the internals of each round inscribed with various runic arrays designed to allow his abilities to attach itself to the round before silencing the microphone on his radio. "This sort of bullshit is getting far too old..."

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  11. Aaron Fox

Crossposting some old B5/Homeworld ideas from Spacebattles:

The Earth Alliance participates in the Homeworld War and the Cataclysm Crisis thanks to a natural stable intergalactic slipgate... causing ripples everywhere on both sides of the slipgate.

The other idea is that during the Cataclysm Crisis (i.e. the events of Homeworld: Cataclysm), the Bentusi show up in the Milky Way and through listening in on tachyonic communications, decide to help the Earth Alliance during the Earth-Minbari War, mostly as a courier and transport service for the League of Non-Aligned Worlds and the Earth Alliance. During the Battle of the Line, the Bentusi not only unloaded the League's assembled fleet that hitched a ride on the Tradeships but also maneuvered into a position between the Minbari and assembled League/Earth fleet. The Minbari, in their rage, attacked the Bentusi, inciting the infamous rage of the Bentusi (and everyone watching properly soils their pants afterward) and shattered the seemingly invincible and untouchable Minbari war machine...

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  12. SotF

SotF And Away We Go!

I just got hit by an idea for Star Wars...mainly thanks to a certain story in the NSFW section, but the idea doesn't quite go there.

Palpatine misjudges Anakin becoming Vader, and instead of as much self loathing, Vader picks a different target to blame and ends up stumbling onto a holocron that Kreia had made, taking up her mantle in a way while blaming the force itself for everything.

Unfortunately for the universe, from a certain point of view, he's 100% correct that the force had him there just to push him into doing what he did and he is VERY PISSED OFF ABOUT IT!

Sidious finding out to late to actually fix his mistake while alarm bells are sounding in every force users thoughts about something going completely off the rails...

Aaron Fox and Prince Charon like this.
  13. pingas plight

pingas plight Not too sore, are you?

I wanna see a MGE story where someone is given powers based on "Acedia", a sin that used to be connected with the 7 Deadly, but later got bumped off. Acedia is described as the mental/spiritual equivalent to Sloth's physical inactivity, as a state of torpor and listlessness. Logic would dictate this would give them perfect immunity to corruption and mindbreaking. It would be absolutely glorious watching someone go right to Lescatie, perfect guarding every single Mamono's attempts on the way, then whip out the ol' bowgun on them.

Alternatively, a story where someone who sees the total extinction event implied in the story - willfully or otherwise - is Isekai'd into it as a being immune to corruption, with the sole purpose of culling those that would try to tip the admittedly delicate balance. Because the Mamono Lord actually probably could solve the "no sons" issue given enough time (read: probable millennia), provided they don't get uppity with their territory, they can go on just fine.... HOWEVER. The Extremist faction seeks to shatter this balance... And so too shall they reserve their just gift from Karma.

94000130 FFF70000 likes this.
  14. GBucket

GBucket Washboard

The Dragonborn crab walking across the lands of Ragna Crimson, slurping up one dragon at a time in an all-you-can-eat buffet.

15. skylites

skylites Getting out there.

Frieren in Mass Effect or Star Wars
    Frieren in Mass Effect or Star Wars with the Celestial Forge and a minder.