• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Fic recommendation/update Thread

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/2961893/24/Mother-of-Learning

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8897316/1/Knight-of-the-Void
Best depiction of Count Mott.

Chaos Theory (Ilya route by Moczo) updated!

Chapter Twenty-three: Boy Meets Girl
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6372400/24/Chaos-Theory

New chapter from Cal reflector,

Lelouch of Britannia
Chapter 29: Sticks and Stones

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3816236/29/Lelouch-of-Britannia

Code Geass

Words: 5,649
Genre: Drama/Adventure
Rated: T
Character: Lelouch L.

Summary: History often hinges on a moment. What if young Lelouch avoided the fate of exile and remained with the royal family? All roles become reversed. The tale of Lelouch's quest for power and vengeance as the Black Prince of the Empire.

Why not rec something.

The Dark Lords of Nerima
Author: claymade
Sailor Moon & Ranma 1/2 Crossover
Description: Ranma and Ryouga are no strangers to trouble. But when they accidentally convince both the Sailor Senshi and the Dark Kingdom that they're megalomaniacal villains bent on world domination, trouble starts to take on a whole new meaning.

The fanfic is absolutely hilarious and uses the flavor of both series in a truly interesting and amusing way. It also has two Sequels in the form of "The Dark Lords Strike Back" and "The Dark Lords Ascendant" the last of which is still ongoing and has recently updated.

MOL updated. Holy fuck I think the genre just changed

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/2961893/26/Mother-of-Learning

Accidental Hero of the Galaxy
By: Random Equinox
Commander Shepard. Hero of the Skyllian Blitz. First human Spectre. Potential savior of humanity and the known galaxy. Pity no one asked him what HE thought of all this.
Rated: Fiction T - English - Sci-Fi/Adventure - Shepard (M) - Chapters: 31 - Words: 188,673 - Reviews: 202 - Favs: 522 - Follows: 209 - Updated: Nov 30, 2010 - Published: Jan 4, 2010 - Status: Complete - id: 5639538

I've been told that this is a Mass Effect version of Ciaphas Cain. Since I haven't read that story, I can't say whether that's true or not, so I'll just say that this is a really good take on the Mass Effect series, and is worth a read.

So, why not recommend this super-feels manga I have discovered?

Name: Koe no Kitachi
Type: Manga
Location: Google it (I don't think I am allowed to link to sites like Mangahere)
Author/Artist: Both Ooima Yoshitoki
Genre: Drama, School Life, Shounen, Slice Of Life

It is so sad and happy and beautiful. The feels are drowning me in their feeliness! On one Hand, the main character deserves much hate, but I also pity him for what he goes through. And as much as he is a moron, he isn't actively malicious and really doesn't know better. Others are so much worse though I don't want to spoil things. I will just say that this is probably one of the most emotional things i have ever read and it isn't getting less feelish.

Silly but Killy by Palladius

What if there were no Humans in Mass Effect? What if there were Orks instead? The Council would have a lot less sleep, for one thing.
Rated: Fiction T - English - Humor/Sci-Fi - Chapters: 7 - Words: 19,725 - Reviews: 181 - Favs: 174 - Follows: 204 - Updated: Aug 11 - Published: Jul 30 - id: 10578266

The Mafia King
By: erimies
Reborn had admittedly heard that his new pupil was a difficult one. He just hadn't thought his largest hurdle would be to make Tsuna give up his dream of becoming the pirate king. AU where Monkey D. Luffy was reborn as Sawada Tsunayoshi
Rated: Fiction K+ - English - Humor - Luffy, Reborn - Words: 6,109 - Reviews: 38 - Favs: 343 - Follows: 74 - Published: Jul 28 - Status: Complete - id: 10573845

Lioness of Stormwind
By: Vahn
Fate Stay Night Spin off, Saber is reborn on Azeroth after her death at Camlann, can she make a difference?
Rated: Fiction M - English - Adventure/Drama - Arturia Pendragon, Varian Wrynn - Chapters: 6 - Words: 36,801 - Reviews: 119 - Favs: 214 - Follows: 222 - Updated: 7h ago - Published: Mar 18 - id: 10198961

A Demon Lord's Hero
When I sold my soul to the Devil, I thought I was prepared for anything. I wasn't. I didn't expect him to be a her. Or dressed up as a magic girl carrying a pink wand tipped with a cheerful yellow star. Her being a prankster however didn't come as much of a surprise. You know, the Bible would have been a whole lot more interesting if they included stuff like this. complete AU
Crossover - Fate/stay night & High School DxD/ハイスクールD×D - Rated: M - English - Adventure/Humor - Chapters: 12 - Words: 153,326 - Reviews: 1370 - Favs: 1,800 - Follows: 1,733 - Updated: Nov 16 - Published: Sep 23 - Shirō E.

Just binged on this and holy hell I love it. The characterization and feel of the world he has created is just amazing with a view of the three factions/races and a Kokabiel like I have seen in no other fic period.

Not entirely a fic req and more of an Author Rec that I have been thinking about doing for just because but didn't because he was AWOL. Darklooshkin has just come back from about a year long vacation from writing fic stuff and one of his major reasons for doing so was to read through Worm in his spare time of IRL. This news gives me warm tinglies and great hope for the near future.

For actual fic reqs from him:
The Snow Queen
Rose Potter disappeared at the age of six. In Hermione Granger's sixth year, the Goblet of Fire summons a girl trained to be the champion of a very different kind of game. They wanted a saviour. They got the Snow Queen.
Crossover - Harry Potter & Hunger Games - Rated: M - English - Adventure/Horror - Chapters: 9 - Words: 107,942 - Reviews: 189 - Favs: 708 - Follows: 777 - Updated: Dec 4, 2013 - Published: Nov 21, 2012 - Harry P., President Snow's grandaughter

I know next to nothing about The Hunger Games but I do like the world he paints.

Rule of two, dreams come true
Whitetigerwolfs Dark Lady challenge. Hermione watches Star Wars at age six and tries to connect with the force. Now watch how a game of pretend turns into a journey to the dark side filled with -friendship and love? Yes, Harry's responsible somehow...
Harry Potter - Rated: M - English - Chapters: 7 - Words: 58,646 - Reviews: 306 - Favs: 646 - Follows: 879 - Updated: Mar 13, 2012 - Published: Aug 17, 2011 - Hermione G., Harry P.

Sith Hermione and Harry, always a fun time.

The random craziness file
Here's where I put all the great ideas I get. I hope you like them. Monologuing is such a cool thing to do sometimes.
Harry Potter - Rated: M - English - Chapters: 35 - Words: 195,123 - Reviews: 313 - Favs: 204 - Follows: 200 - Updated: 34m ago - Published: Jun 16, 2012

Not really a fic and more his ideas spot but several I really love, Slytherin Without a Cause(Ch 19, 20, 27) being my favorite with The Chameleon and Dimensional SNAFU and its sequel MIB coming in close behind. Sulaco and its second part earn a mention as well for having the first were-xenomorphs I have ever seen.

Last edited:
Got a few old but good ones.

I was in a Horror mood and decided to re-read some of my old favorites.
Evil Be Thou My Good
Nine years ago Vernon Dursley brought home a certain puzzle box. His nephew managed to open it, changing his destiny. Now, in the midst of Voldemort's second rise, Harry Potter has decided to recreate the Lament Configuration... and open it... again.
Harry Potter - Rated: M - English - Horror/Supernatural - Chapters: 1 - Words: 40,554 - Reviews: 1600 - Favs: 5,008 - Follows: 1,010 - Published: Jun 24, 2005 - Harry P., Hermione G.

And its sequel
All Problems Solved
The puzzle is complete and the doorway open once more. With his memory curiously and painfully blank, Draco must find the missing Boy-Who-Lived... because if his mistakes catch up with him, they will tear his soul apart.
Harry Potter - Rated: M - English - Mystery/Horror - Chapters: 2 - Words: 42,576 - Reviews: 92 - Favs: 406 - Follows: 86 - Published: Aug 4, 2008 - Draco M., Harry P. - Complete

Ruskbyte also has one more horror!Hp fic, sadly unfinished at only about one chapter left before he just stopped for some unexplained reason.
We Are Nothing
Snape's Occlumency lessons have shattered the last defences of Harry's mind. Now, completely unprotected, his dreams have become home to a nightmare other than Voldemort. A nightmare that has taken on a life of its own.
Crossover - Harry Potter & A Nightmare on Elm Street - Rated: M - English - Horror/Supernatural - Chapters: 10 - Words: 72,706 - Reviews: 410 - Favs: 712 - Follows: 574 - Updated: Jun 5, 2011 - Published: Apr 2, 2011 - Harry P.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3198066/1/

Fimbulwinter
By: ShaperV
Summoned to a world in the midst of apocalypse, Daniel Black would have his hands full just staying alive. Add in refugees, desperate soldiers, scheming nobles and a pair of thoroughly wicked witches that he's sworn to protect, and life is going to be very busy indeed. Good thing he has magic of his own to even the scales. But will even that be enough?
Rated: Fiction M - English - Adventure/Fantasy - Words: 6,139 - Published: 8m ago - id: 3198066
In case anyone missed this, like I missed this thread until now, this story is now a published novel that can be found on Amazon.

Another old one that makes me very sad the Author is not updating anymore.
Win Some, Lose Some
Bits and pieces are sometime the best things in life. Non-related Naruto oneshots, anyone interested in writing them into full stories is welcome to do so. Naruto/Many Anko, Yugito etc
Naruto - Rated: T - English - Humor - Chapters: 23 - Words: 606,845 - Reviews: 853 - Favs: 1,248 - Follows: 879 - Updated: Nov 15, 2012 - Published: Dec 10, 2009 - Naruto U.

As stated it's not really a fic and more disconnected one-shots, but as you can see by the wordcount some of those one-shots are 70k+ and more complete than lots of 'completed' fics out there.

The author has moved one story from that file into it's own story as well. Not my favorite but it's decent.
The Mouse of Konoha
Never underestimate the power of good advice. A few wise words into a pair of young ears leads a young would-be ninja to a decision; the Leaf will recognise him, but not as the fox... now separate from Win Some, Lose Some!
Naruto - Rated: T - English - Humor/Friendship - Chapters: 21 - Words: 496,364 - Reviews: 1690 - Favs: 3,420 - Follows: 3,056 - Updated: Oct 16, 2012 - Published: Jan 28, 2011 - Naruto U.

Another series of old fics from the same author that were the highlight of my day to see them update when they were a WIP and still hold a place in my Hall of Fame for not only oddness but being good with how they went about something extremely weird.
The Girl Who Loved
Sirius is dead. The Headmaster reveals to Harry what he believes the power Voldemort knows not is supposed to be. Not just 'love' but a specific kind of love. Harry disagrees. He reacts with an 8 timezone apparition to the Pools of Sorrow in China. Multicross of HP, SM and Ranma 1/2. Harry/Usagi SailorMoon
Crossover - Sailor Moon & Harry Potter - Rated: M - English - Humor/Adventure - Chapters: 18 - Words: 152,525 - Reviews: 301 - Favs: 878 - Follows: 295 - Updated: Dec 28, 2009 - Published: Sep 4, 2009 - Usagi T./Serena/Bunny/Sailor Moon, Harry P. - Complete
And its sequel
Violence Inherent in the System
Sequel to The Girl Who Loved. Please read that one first. Harry returns to Hogwarts for his sixth year with his Intended at his side. Did I mention that she's the Crown Princess of the Moon Kingdom? Or that she's dead? HP/Ranma.5/SailorMoon multicross
Crossover - Sailor Moon & Harry Potter - Rated: M - English - Humor/Adventure - Chapters: 22 - Words: 248,810 - Reviews: 533 - Favs: 746 - Follows: 476 - Updated: Jun 27, 2011 - Published: Dec 28, 2009 - Usagi T./Serena/Bunny/Sailor Moon, Harry P. - Complete

Describing those fics on one short sentence, Harry Potter falls into the Spring of Drowned Sailor Moon.

It's exactly as cracky as you would imagine but also played straight and is done quite well. It's well worth a read with both good humor and a decent serious plot to go with it.

Also by the same author
The Little Veela that Could
During the Second Task of the Tri-Wizard Tournament, Headmaster Dumbledore watches his plan for the Greater Good crumble and die. A Veela girl receives the gift of life through the blood and sacrifice of the last Potter. Gabby/Harry w/ a twist.
Harry Potter - Rated: M - English - Adventure/Friendship - Chapters: 32 - Words: 350,784 - Reviews: 1872 - Favs: 2,548 - Follows: 2,248 - Updated: Jun 28, 2012 - Published: Nov 5, 2009 - Gabrielle D., Harry P. - Complete

A completely different take on Harry/Gabrielle, also well done with alot of really nice world building, tense plot moments, and humor sprinkled in.

Darth Drafter has also started another fic of Harry Potter finds The One Ring, but it only has 2 chapters since the author seems to have vanished.

Last edited:
Lily and the Art of Being Sisyphus
Lily is not quite a normal little girl. The Dursleys always say she's a freak just like her freakish parents, her uncle Death seems to be convinced she's the grim reaper, and her ever political and invisible best friend Wizard Lenin just thinks she should take over the world. On top of all that the secret society of wizards think she's Jesus. AU female!Harry among other things.
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Humor/Fantasy - Chapters: 25 - Words: 148,566 - Reviews: 1629 - Favs: 2,377 - Follows: 2,500 - Updated: 3h ago - Published: Dec 8, 2013 - [Harry P., Tom R. Jr.]

A Harry Potter done like I have never seen before. Yes it is Female!Master of Death!Harry Potter but that means absolutely nothing like what you would think it does. This is one story I can say is actually unique in the how and why it goes about what it does.

There are also lots of omake/extra content chapters but the Author doesn't seem to want to put them all into a single story and you have to search their published stories to find them all.

Of Sheep and Battle Chicken Mass Effect Au
AU retelling of ME1 in a darker, sinister universe. Much darker and more realistic views of the SA and the Citadel Council, a more dangerous, involved Cerberus, and a more conflicted Saren and Benezia. Changes much of the ME1 dynamic to remove plot holes with more focus on politics, military strategy, and space combat.

It's mass effect ReImagined to make sense and it's about a darker earthborn and more Ruthless FemShep. Not a shipping fic (although there's lots of that) it's more of a complete re-write of ME. The only real canon parts are the few bits of chapters -- Liara's meeting, some of the Eden Prime stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back