1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General chat thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Nanimani, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

Fate memes and hentai have corrupted me. Everytime I see the fic Professor Tohsaka, Defense Against the Dark Arts when browsing SB I can't help but wonder how Rin could teach defense when she has such a defenseless anus.

justinkal likes this.
  2. BJJPanda

BJJPanda I trust you know where the happy button is?

How does everyone know everyone? I am a lurker but I am relatively new to fanfiction at least compared to most people on this sight. I started at fanfiction and Ao3 earlier. Is it just because I don't read comments and just read the story is most of the drama before my time? It might also be because I don't read anything other than stories like rants or other threads.

GhostHaxStomp and TanaNari like this.
  3. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

Most of us have been here for a while or have moved from SB while keeping our old usernames or have new usernames but have made no secret of who we are on SB. If you don't post much then people won't know you and you won't know them. The best way to get to know other members is by participating instead of lurking.

4. BJJPanda

BJJPanda I trust you know where the happy button is?

So participating in what exactly? This didn't seem to me like a social media forum so that does mean so answering comments in stories or going to general threads to talk?

5. nordgard

nordgard Gone for Good

G'day everyone, is there per chance a thread for recommendations somewhere hidden? Looking for my daily fix of SI/OC 1POV stories.

6. Questionable_Bones+Slime

Questionable_Bones+Slime Madcap was right!

Guess who got banned for spam after asking staff when they were going to reject/approve a fic thread that had been sitting, unlooked at for over a month *makes peace sign* Not on here lmao on SV

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
    TanaNari likes this.
  7. Arc-on-Fire

Arc-on-Fire I trust you know where the happy button is?

You know as of recently, I can't help but thank the guy who made the Pomodoro method. Initially the anxiety of feeling the timer running out while being stuck on something gets to you at first but once you get into a flow state... man does time fly.

I've been pretty damn productive with it. Its been helping me with studying, working out. Just in general being productive.

The five minute breaks help absolutely, I feel completely refreshed after sitting on my porch and taking in the moment.

That being said, is there any techniques you guys use to keep productive while studying or working? Would like to hear about it.

...This just came up out of no where. I kinda want a make a shitpost fic on here that's just an OC acting as the security guard during... FNAF 1? There'll be chalk outlines of guns on the wall that he can use to spawn in guns (they're actually BB guns [​IMG] the only thing that works is the one (1) brick of C4 filled with infinite dakka) there's gonna be a mystery box full of random goodies that can help him - but it costs [kroner] points. He gets [kroner] points by -
    1.) a slot machine that gives you a debuff that you have to endure or challenge that you have to complete in a set amount of time
    2.) has to run in place for 100m simulated circuit in less then 18 seconds
    3) draw a decent fappable picture of his waifu that any one can get off to. (this one pays the most)

His name is
    anon and he looks like picrel [​IMG]

kinglugia, NameOrdane and TanaNari like this.
  8. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

If I'm ever in South Korea, I need to go try one of these burgers

[​IMG]

This is an ad campaign that I can appreciate.

9. GhostHaxStomp

GhostHaxStomp I trust you know where the happy button is?

I was in a South Korean airport for 3 hours about 9 years ago. Ate a hot dog. It was like rubber. I’m basically an expert on their cuisine because of this depth of experience.

10/10 Korean food is worth it.

10. NameOrdane

NameOrdane Lurker: The Socially Awkward

I've tried that technique before, but it didn't work for me. But that was because I was working with someone else when I tried it, and I can't properly relax if there's anyone else in my rest time. I'll have to try it out to see if it works when I'm alone, so thanks for reminding me of it.

I just listen to music to get into a flow state, just listening to some groovy tunes makes me invigorated and want to

work along the "flow" of the music. If I can do it properly, I can maintain concentration for 2 to 5 hours before needing a break.

It works especially well with math, where I can get this addictive sensation of connections forming and putting together a puzzle. Feels very good.

ShadowStepper1300 likes this.
  11. Arc-on-Fire

Arc-on-Fire I trust you know where the happy button is?

you can [sort of] use animated gif avatars on QQ...

kino.

GhostHaxStomp likes this.
  12. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

Happy Easter!

13. wasprider

wasprider Experienced.

Happy Easter!

14. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Happy Goddess of Ovulation Day!

Elbrasch likes this.
  15. Elbrasch

Elbrasch Not too sore, are you?

Wanking so hard/long that one gets tears in the harn pipe and the buuuuurn starts for hours is never a nice experience -.-
    Especially as there are no warning signs beforehand.

Stupid body design :p

16. vox_vis

vox_vis Know what you're doing yet?

Noticed today that with search filters set to 10k+ words and organized by post date between the sites QQ NSFW Creative Writing has more new stories than SB or SV Creative Writing for the past week to 3 months ago.
    Holds up at 50k words too.

So for the first three months of an ongoing stories release smut writers churn out thicker chapters.

17. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Elon bought twitter and its hilarious.

kinglugia, GhostHaxStomp and TanaNari like this.
  18. Treble

Treble Connoisseur.

God Shattering Star is perhaps the single most badass battle theme I've heard in a video game. Or anywhere, for that matter. If the name wasn't awesome enough, the song itself just puts you in the mood to ride out to fight and destroy a physical god.

It's the sort of music I imagine playing when Gil-Galad and Isildur kicked Sauron's ass, or when Emps took out the Void Dragon, or when Ancalagon The Black met his end.

Are there any that can match or surpass it?

justinkal likes this.
  19. justinkal

justinkal Connoisseur.

Although if you look at the actual lyrics of God Shattering Star, its not your theme, but rather your opponent's.

As for your actual question, even sticking to the realm of Nintendo games, Xenoblade Chronicles has some fantastic battle themes. On the 'fight and destroy a physical god' side, the very first game in the series contains Zanza's World and The God Slaying Sword.

Also of note from there in regards to battle music is Unfinished Battle and the song that plays either when a scary, unique, named monster wandering the world notices you or you choose to challenge one to battle. Also shout outs to Mechanical Rhythm for being a standard battle theme with final boss levels of energy.

And that's just the first of (so far) three games!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  20. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

And most of Uematsu's boss fight musics. And just about any of the Nier game musics.

And this...

That one's my favorite, not because it's necessarily better than the others, but because it's part of the plot in a hilariously appropriate way. And, as a matter of fact, is the *main characters'* music. When you select the move it's connected to, it outright overrides all other music, including the final boss music.

"I reject your theme song and replace it with my own." So fucking cool.

Also: the move in question is an orbital death laser.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  21. justinkal

justinkal Connoisseur.

I love that aspect of it. That whole series has fantastic vocal tracks.

Also worth pointing out that its outright being sung by a character during battle.

kinglugia and TanaNari like this.
  22. DeathShade

DeathShade Dol Amroth Comes

Yeah.

In that slew of react content out there, I massively prefer professionals giving professional reactions, and one channel I ran into relatively recently is professional opera singer reacting to video game music.

He’s done Nier, Fire Emblem and Fromsoft stuff so far, as well as spattering from other titles. And his short hand so far can be summed up as “Anyone who says Classical music is dead hasn’t been looking in the right places. Classical music hasn’t died. It’s just moved.”

23. GhostHaxStomp

GhostHaxStomp I trust you know where the happy button is?

Started playing Dark Souls 3 almost a month ago, and I bought Elden Ring last week. God damn I never realized just how atmospheric classical compositions could be, or how intense they could make combat encounters. Turns everything from a demoralizing ass kicking into a noble struggle against the forces of the universe.

Venyr4434, Treble and DeathShade like this.
  24. Amazon Climber

Amazon Climber Wholesomely Depraved

Given that you specified "badass" and not "epic"?

25. Treble

Treble Connoisseur.

I found another two that are really epic. One's from Nier, the game with the big mechanical monsters and albino android girls. It's called Weight of The World.

And one I got from Reddit. Apparently some guys in Japan literally created a new language to write a song in.

26. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

You mean... like the one I linked just yesterday?

27. justinkal

justinkal Connoisseur.

Replekia up above is actually from a game series that made multiple in universe languages (each with their own grammar rules), one even having multiple dialects, and then made the vocal songs heavily feature those languages (with some songs being entirely in those languages). Ar nosurge's opening is a good example, because it contains two of those languages, in addition to Japanese.

ShadowStepper1300 and Treble like this.
  28. DeathShade

DeathShade Dol Amroth Comes

Well if we're talking about the Nier soundtrack, with the fantasy language of the ancients that they invented for it, then a potentially interesting bit of trivia is this.

While the majority of the works on the soundtracks are collaborations between Keiichi Okabe and singer Emi Evans, right down to the lyrics, Song of the Ancients is actually entirely Emi's invention.

I wonder if a person with a better ear than mind could have heard the difference.

Treble and TanaNari like this.
  29. Treble

Treble Connoisseur.

The one I am speaking of is called Ar Tonelico. I don't know what the game or anime is about, but the song is pretty nice.

Meanwhile, one of my favourite Sailor Moon AMVs got wiped out from the net.

I hate YouTube.

30. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Which, again, is what I linked yesterday.

You'd know that if you so much as read the title.