• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

I mean it's written as a minimum.

Getting exactly that number would be putting in the minimum effort.

Got an EKG today. I have a "flutter" in my heartbeat. No idea where this is going, but I'm scared.

Well, at least I have that.
Depending on age, and dietary factors and a host of other conditions heart murmurs by themselves should be investigated but not something to panic about. They're probably going to poke and prod you a lot especially if you've got preexisting conditions welcome to diagnostic medicine

Depending on age, and dietary factors and a host of other conditions heart murmurs by themselves should be investigated but not something to panic about. They're probably going to poke and prod you a lot especially if you've got preexisting conditions welcome to diagnostic medicine
Yeah, we'll see. I sure as hell hope it can be handled with medication or something. I do not want to have to get a frucking pacemaker or something like that.

Good luck, hope you stay healthy!

So I searched, and I have apparently seen every zombie apocalypse movie that's in English or has English subtitles.

Have you seen the old I Am Legend? Not the one with Will Smith, the older one.

I've read the novel and I've heard the old movie is a more faithful adaptation. It's a great novel so it's a shame Hollywood decided to make a generic blockbuster out of it.

Have you seen the old I Am Legend? Not the one with Will Smith, the older one.

I've read the novel and I've heard the old movie is a more faithful adaptation. It's a great novel so it's a shame Hollywood decided to make a generic blockbuster out of it.

Urgh, don't get me started. I saw both and read the book.

The newer one just does its own thing. Not sure why they even used the title, it has nothing to do with the original story.

The older one... is somehow almost worse. It kinda follows the book right up until the last minute and then veers off, completely missing the point.

That said, neither of them are exactly bad movies. Wouldn't call them great either, but they aren't terrible.

The book's on Kindle Unlimited, if you've got it. If not it's under seven bucks, physical copies are a bit more. That I can definitely recommend, it's a very good book.

Whispers in World War Z, one of the worst adaptations from boom to movie I've ever seen.

You're goddamn right about that. Not a bad zombie movie, but does not deserve the name.

Have you watched the oldest adaptation Last Man on Earth with Vincent Price. I have not watched it myself but I understand that the ending is different from the book but closer to it than the other movies.

I think I've seen part of one of them, but ages and ages ago.

So yeah... to see a cardiologist, I have the soonest possible appointment, April 30th.

I was given new meds too, to reduce the risk of a stroke from blood clots forming in my fluttering heart. The doctor told me to let him know if it made my gums bleed too much.

Fucking hell.

Have you watched the oldest adaptation Last Man on Earth with Vincent Price. I have not watched it myself but I understand that the ending is different from the book but closer to it than the other movies.
I think I've seen part of one of them, but ages and ages ago.
Wasn't the first movie version of "I Am Legend" called "The Omega Man"? I mean, that technically means the same thing (or at least it can) as "Last Man on Earth", but that was the title I remember.

Oh, and for extra fun stupidity, the Will Smith one actually had an alternate, true-to-the-book, "controversial" ending get shot, where the title of "I Am Legend" gets to actually make sense. It was treated as a deleted scene. Because it didn't sit well with a focus group.

Wasn't the first movie version of "I Am Legend" called "The Omega Man"? I mean, that technically means the same thing (or at least it can) as "Last Man on Earth", but that was the title I remember.

Oh, and for extra fun stupidity, the Will Smith one actually had an alternate, true-to-the-book, "controversial" ending get shot, where the title of "I Am Legend" gets to actually make sense. It was treated as a deleted scene. Because it didn't sit well with a focus group.
Yep. Charlton Heston.

Nope, the Charlton Heston version was released in 1971 and the Vincent Price version was released in 1964.

Speaking of old movies. Looking at the movie "Fiend without a Face" the MC takes Benzedrine instead of sleeping. A real square jawed, clean cut, all American hero. Who works at a US Airbase in Manitoba Canada in a film made by British filmmakers

Speaking of old movies. Looking at the movie "Fiend without a Face" the MC takes Benzedrine instead of sleeping. A real square jawed, clean cut, all American hero. Who works at a US Airbase in Manitoba Canada in a film made by British filmmakers

uh, what like there is a NORAD facility at the airbase in Winnipeg but its a Canadian base

What's the song that pipes up whenever Phoenix appears?

So I'm debating on whether to continue a fic of mine due to canon having twists that hurt one of the central emotional points of the fic. I've asked people on the on the FanFiction subreddit and on this site what to do and they say I should keep chugging along and ignore canon. However, one individual on this site says what I've previously said and that I should scrap it and make a reboot of it that fits with current canon.

I just……..don't know what to do anymore? :confused:

However, one individual on this site says what I've previously said and that I should scrap it and make a reboot of it that fits with current canon.

Rewrites seem to kill motivation and thus kill fics.

So the question is: do you feel super-ultra-extra motivated to do a rewrite? Like double the default motivation level that allows you to write at all, do you feel that much motivation for doing the rewrite?

Or do you have superior discipline that you can write for X hours on this every day no matter how un-motivated you feel about it?

I have neither of those things.

If you have one or both of those, then go for it. Otherwise, be aware that your fic is making a death saving throw with Disadvantage every day. And it might survive anyway! But the odds are against it.

So I'm debating on whether to continue a fic of mine due to canon having twists that hurt one of the central emotional points of the fic. I've asked people on the on the FanFiction subreddit and on this site what to do and they say I should keep chugging along and ignore canon. However, one individual on this site says what I've previously said and that I should scrap it and make a reboot of it that fits with current canon.

Well, the majority of who you profess to have consulted think you should ignore the canon. While majority rules isn't a way to write a non-quest fic built for voting, the fact of the matter is that I think you should go with that view this time. Why? Because you clearly are working on a fic based on a currently-being-published work. If you already knew all the coming twists, it wouldn't be a continuing work.

Just point out in an author note that you began writing before a given plot change or reveal in the original canon story came about, and continue your story without it. You'll be fine, and any readers complaining are being unrealistic assholes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back