• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

You underestimate the power of the Force how loud a few people can be. I'm pretty convinced Ford did it just to get those few supporters to shut up. Frankly, I was initially surprised action was being taken at all, since up until that point, Ford's stance was "I don't care and I don't think anything should be done."

I suspect some IRC shenanigans happened that I was not aware of that caused that shift.
Then my faith in SV's staffing system frankly is gone. This sort of issue is exactly why someone on the council should have been consulted, and the idea discarded for the stupidity that it was.

There is no point even having a staff system if a idea that is stupid on the face of it can be said to be a waste of time by any number of the staff and still happen because three people were loud enough.

His profile is limited as if he was, and teh last thing Squishy said before the hammer fell was along the lines of "you contribute nothing whatever to this forum.", so maybe.

Although I think his profile has been inaccessibl before, so maybe not.
No, it was accessible before hand. I used his profile to quickly get to one of my posts he liked. It's definitely a new change.

I find it hilarious Squishy said that. Chron has committed far more to the questing forum the Squishy has, frankly. Squishy's greatest contribution remains whining about how the voting system works and then proceeding to abuse admin powers and sticking a thread that follows those exact same voting system.

WE3suWE.png

I'll let you pet me the day that happens.

Then my faith in SV's staffing system frankly is gone. This sort of issue is exactly why someone on the council should have been consulted, and the idea discarded for the stupidity that it was.

There is no point even having a staff system if a idea that is stupid on the face of it can be said to be a waste of time by any number of the staff and still happen because three people were loud enough.
While I still have faith in the majority of staff members, I can safely say that my opinion of a few fellow Councillors has dropped.

And that is all I will say on the matter, otherwise I'm going to get very angry about this and start telling you about stuff I'm not at liberty to say. Staff Private Forum and all.

So hey, any idea why my steam says that it does not accept American Express?

While I still have faith in the majority of staff members, I can safely say that my opinion of a few fellow Councillors has dropped.

And that is all I will say on the matter, otherwise I'm going to get very angry about this and start telling you about stuff I'm not at liberty to say. Staff Private Forum and all.

Sigh.

That's fine, Bleach.

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gone off at you. Your unfortunately the face of the Council to me. I haven't even met most of the rest of them, and after this, I have difficulty thinking of good portions of the council/staff as complete chucklefucks, to borrow Crow's favourite phrase.

Sigh.

That's fine, Bleach.

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gone off at you. Your unfortunately the face of the Council to me. I haven't even met most of the rest of them, and after this, I have difficulty thinking of good portions of the council/staff as complete chucklefucks, to borrow Crow's favourite phrase.
It's okay. I'm mad about this too, but I can't let myself be mad or I'll say things I can't say if I want to not be banned.

I sense a disturbance within the Force Staff! And neh, I'm sitting on the sideline. But before I go to have a seat with a cup of tea, I would like to ask what is the purpose/objective of SV? Why was it established? As a splinter group of SB? Probably.
As I understand, it was a splinter off during the Athene debacle.

Given what I've learned in another thread, I can't help but think Squishy may well have needed a place where he couldn't be permabanned to post. He... doesn't have the history I would expect a director to have.

WE3suWE.png

I'll let you pet me the day that happens.
Alright~

Daze?
>_>
<_<
I hate it when people switch usernames like that...

*Waves the Cat flag*

We believe in you, kitty. Stay strong!

Given what I've learned in another thread, I can't help but think Squishy may well have needed a place where he couldn't be permabanned to post. He... doesn't have the history I would expect a director to have.
Squishy is a public affairs nightmare, I mean damn, it's no secret, but holy shit.

Squishy is a public affairs nightmare, I mean damn, it's no secret, but holy shit.

Honestly, given that he's banned here and on SB permanently for impersonating a staff member? It's insane people let him manage a forum at all. I've seen what he considers debating. He is likely 90% of the reason why Current Affairs is a cesspit. Why would anyone feel the need to drag themselves up when a director of all people is willing to do just as bad?

Honestly, given that he's banned here and on SB permanently for impersonating a staff member? It's insane people let him manage a forum at all. I've seen what he considers debating. He is likely 90% of the reason why Current Affairs is a cesspit. Why would anyone feel the need to drag themselves up when a director of all people is willing to do just as bad?
Because Squishy owns part of SVs server.

He pays the site's bills, he gets the power, and the rules he drafted are fair most of the time.

But he is a bad user, yes. Really bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back