• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

Its because of the region? why?
No idea, it just isn't.
Not really any details to blank out, just that
tmHr76l.png

I dont understand why it doesnt accept it for me but it does appear as an option in say D3ta´s steam...
Presumably he lives somewhere else.

So you guys know I made a Dead Space type quest with no planning whatsoever going into it. I'd like some thoughts on where in the timeline it should be. Contemporary, near future, maybe a hundred years before the game story begins?

Also, does anyone know what the name "John" means? That's really important.

Squishy also shouldn't have banned him himself, and should have instead had another moderator infract the individual offending posts by Chron.

As a result, Squishy now looks like he was losing the argument, so brushed off all of Chron's points as being an asshole (which is bad, since some of his points were valid), and banned him in a hissy fit.

Dude needs a PR manager.
Ah, there are rules against moderating actions in a thread you're involved in.
Gonna just say that, then.

So you guys know I made a Dead Space type quest with no planning whatsoever going into it. I'd like some thoughts on where in the timeline it should be. Contemporary, near future, maybe a hundred years before the game story begins?

I no nothing about dead space, sorry.

And I don't know what "John" means.

I dont see that option either.
That's... Weird.

Sorry, I don't really know how to help with that. It's possible that different countries allow different kinds of payment for this kind of services...

Ah, there are rules against moderating actions in a thread you're involved in.
Gonna just say that, then.
Technically it's possible that someone else banned him, I don't remember anyone actually directly referring to that.

So he's probably safe by virtue of Ford pressing the button or something like that.

Edit:
Actually, Ford is involved as well...

On the topic of Ford-Squishy, I'm pretty self-convinced that Ford is there to brake Squishy of whatever he's trying to do. As in Squishy's being "Imma fucking do this" and here come Ford saying "calm the fuck down, Tentacle Lord."

And because of that, Squishy will take the opportunity of Ford taking a shower and take on "Imma really fucking do this" and do it.

But....well, that's just what I think.

Did Johm ever have any significance in the games? Granted I only played 1 and 2 so idk.

I get that you're mad, but you have to understand that this was far from unanimous. Squishy wanted to do something, but Ford didn't. Once the supporters of this change (there were like 2 or 3, no more, I kid you not) got Ford to change his mind, there was nothing more the Council as a whole could do. The Directors have final say, and ultimately only backlash can change their minds at all. And by changing the Director's minds, I mean Ford.
...Grr...

You have no fucking idea how hard it is not to post this, that no, it's just a couple people and a bunch that don't care, not a unanimous decision.

But that'd get you in trouble. Fuck. Fuck. I don't care if I get banned for it, but you have things you want there.

On the topic of Ford-Squishy, I'm pretty self-convinced that Ford is there to brake Squishy of whatever he's trying to do. As in Squishy's being "Imma fucking do this" and here come Ford saying "calm the fuck down, Tentacle Lord."

And because of that, Squishy will take the opportunity of Ford taking a shower and take on "Imma really fucking do this" and do it.

But....well, that's just what I think.
Funnily enough... I wouldn't have been surprised if that literally was what happened and Ford was left as damage control.

Did Johm ever have any significance in the games? Granted I only played 1 and 2 so idk.
John Carver was Isaac's partner during Dead Space 3. He was rude, short spoken, laser focsed on "the mission", made more then a few bad choices, and is almost as crazy as Isaac by the end of the game.

Overall, kind of an asshole.

But he's reliable, quick thinking, always does what he believes is right and never apologizes for it.

The closest thing Isaac had to a friend in years.

But by all means, I'm not going to just abandon SV because of this is happening.
I'm actually considering this...

Hey, Biigoh, how "good" is QQ's SFW quest subforum in comparison to SV's quest forum?

I'm sorry if this question isn't phrased very well... I just want to know if starting a SFW quest here will be better than on SV.

What would you recommend?

Hey, Biigoh, how "good" is QQ's SFW quest subforum in comparison to SV's quest forum?

I'm sorry if this question isn't phrased very well... I just want to know if starting a SFW quest here will be better than on SV.

To more or less quote Vanathor? NSFW Questing forum gets multiple times the traffic. Even if you intend to keep the NSFW stuff on the relative downlow, you'll be better off.

Currently SV has 3466 topics and 2,487,723 messages in the questing forum. In comparison, QQ has 302 topics and 69,199 messages in the SFW questing forum.

Hey, question.
If he did something against site rules, is Xon able to administer appropriate punishment?
Every debate he joins from now on is in bad faith. If the opposition can be permabanned for "being condescending" then he will automatically win, since his executive abilities can be used as a punishment for disagreement.

Hey, question.
If he did something against site rules, is Xon able to administer appropriate punishment?
Xon, last I recall was one of three owners next to Squishy and Ford. If Squishy was doing something unreasonable then in theory Xon and Ford would override it.

Note that in this case they will be going above the normal tribunal and moderation system in terms of what they would be doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back