• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

Me as well.
The main difficulty may be finding the right level of abstraction for communication.

E.g. if you're worldbuilding for an RPG, then the game system is going to impose itself on the discussion and frame your mechanics for you, but for fiction it's not clear what is a block nor where the scope should be limited.
I never had an explicit word for that idea (which makes it hard to think about), but now I do. Thank you!

Tell you what, I've been more or less a pescetarian, living on low sodium cottage cheese, raw vegetables, and fish for a while now trying to get my blood pressure to go down and... it's not working. Whatever's keeping my blood pressure high, it's not my diet.

I like fish. But I am very tired of it. I want some red fucking meat so bad...

Tell you what, I've been more or less a pescetarian, living on low sodium cottage cheese, raw vegetables, and fish for a while now trying to get my blood pressure to go down and... it's not working. Whatever's keeping my blood pressure high, it's not my diet.

Maybe you are just extremely stressed out?

So I'm debating on whether to continue a fic of mine due to canon having twists that hurt one of the central emotional points of the fic. I've asked people on the on the FanFiction subreddit and on this site what to do and they say I should keep chugging along and ignore canon. However, one individual on this site says what I've previously said and that I should scrap it and make a reboot of it that fits with current canon.

I just……..don't know what to do anymore? :confused:

Nearly two weeks later and thus almost certainly well after you've made your decision, but some advice I do have is that the rewrite/reboot option will both utterly murder your fanfic and trap you in a cycle of being so tied to canon that you'll convince yourself in the future you need to do it again if you manage to force yourself through the lack of motivation that comes from writing what you already wrote again.

Just say it's an alternate universe or explicitly note that you wrote it before whatever canon revelation it is and ignore the idiots that will throw a fit over it not being canon with a few minor differences.

Nearly two weeks later and thus almost certainly well after you've made your decision, but some advice I do have is that the rewrite/reboot option will both utterly murder your fanfic and trap you in a cycle of being so tied to canon that you'll convince yourself in the future you need to do it again if you manage to force yourself through the lack of motivation that comes from writing what you already wrote again.

Just say it's an alternate universe or explicitly note that you wrote it before whatever canon revelation it is and ignore the idiots that will throw a fit over it not being canon with a few minor differences.
Now that you mention that, I'm now starting to have similar issues with a sister fic of mine.

The first Full Metal Alchemist animé was made while the manga was still far from finished.

As a result, the animé quickly reached the end of the published material. They could have done like most, and added filler episodes to let the manga catch up.

Instead they decided to continue from there with their own version of the story.

Years later after the manga was finished the studio made FMA: Brotherhood which follows the manga faithfully.

The first Full Metal Alchemist animé was made while the manga was still far from finished.

As a result, the animé quickly reached the end of the published material. They could have done like most, and added filler episodes to let the manga catch up.

Instead they decided to continue from there with their own version of the story.

Years later after the manga was finished the studio made FMA: Brotherhood which follows the manga faithfully.
Yeah my troubles for this fic are diffirent then my other fic.

Have you tried marijuana/CBD oil?

While I've apparently seen every zombie apocalypse, I appear to have missed the fuck out on ninja movies.

Just watched this

I had no idea how broad and deep the pool of ninja movies was. I think I might have a new "genre" to pursue...

While I've apparently seen every zombie apocalypse, I appear to have missed the fuck out on ninja movies.

Just watched this

I had no idea how broad and deep the pool of ninja movies was. I think I might have a new "genre" to pursue...

If you want something perfectly goofy, I'd suggest The Warrior's Way. Ninja decides not to murder a baby, instead adopting it and moving to the Wild West. Decent cheese, some great lines, Cowboys vs. Ninjas, obeys Law of Conservation of Ninjutsu.

"Who's birthday?" He asks at the Christmas party.

"Uh... it's a long story."

It's honestly the only ninja movie I can remember. There was also one I think called 'The Last Ninja' but there are like a million of those and it didn't really stand out much.

Well, I mean there's also the Ninja Turtles, but if you don't at least know about those I'll have to take your Nerd Card.

Hong Kong was apparently cranking out some real bangers with Caucasian bodybuilders in colorful ninja gear too, I need to see if I can find those.

Just your friendly weekly reminder that we do not need to wait for the dystopian future ruled by Corporations portrayed in Cyberpunk because we are already living it right now.

YEAH! C'MON!
kz9uk6.jpg
q4infx.jpg

Hello, came from SB. I'm used to the dark mode on SB, so the white and light grey background is off putting for me. I'll probably get used to it eventually, but I was wondering if there was a dark mode on QQ that I could use in the meantime.

Hello, came from SB. I'm used to the dark mode on SB, so the white and light grey background is off putting for me. I'll probably get used to it eventually, but I was wondering if there was a dark mode on QQ that I could use in the meantime.
Again, I recc Dark Responsive (Green) as its brights don't pop quite as badly as the other dark modes.

Also: I will repeat, my VR headset was still cheaper than a treadmill despite not shilling for Zuckerburg's POS headset.

And Pistol Whip is still a heck of a workout. Just did the Weekly challenge- doesn't show difficulty for those, but I'm pretty sure it's locked to Hard because I don't remember some of that bullshit when I played it on easy or normal. And this week's doesn't have any modifiers to make it harder!

Since tomboyishness is a spectrum, what's the minimum level of boyishness it takes to turn a girl into a tomboy?

Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, and Jaimie Dimon are all selling billions of dollars of stocks in their own companies, all at the same time, and Mark Zuckerburg has been selling out for months. That's Amazon, Microsoft, JP Morgan Chase, and Facebook. Something bad is right around the corner.

Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, and Jaimie Dimon are all selling billions of dollars of stocks in their own companies, all at the same time, and Mark Zuckerburg has been selling out for months. That's Amazon, Microsoft, JP Morgan Chase, and Facebook. Something bad is right around the corner.
Maybe. It's been about four years since the relationship between the stock market and wider economy has made any kind of sense. And it wasn't always clear cut or clean to start with.

It could always be that all the years of people saying a recession is imminent will eventually get enough people to believe in that idea to cause a recession. Psychology is a lot of economics. Though not nearly all of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back