• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

Been sober for three months now.

I think this calls for a drink in celebration.
Well, if you were sober from something other than alcohol, and didn't or don't also have alcohol dependency issues, that could be reasonable.

There are worse drugs and habits than drinking alcohol. Though that one can suck plenty bad.

Well, if you were sober from something other than alcohol, and didn't or don't also have alcohol dependency issues, that could be reasonable.
Or if he's drinking something else. I've been involuntarily sober for a long time now - well, I suppose it's technically voluntary, I just don't like seizures - and I still think it's funny to say I need a fucking drink before I chug a can of seltzer.

Or if he's drinking something else. I've been involuntarily sober for a long time now - well, I suppose it's technically voluntary, I just don't like seizures - and I still think it's funny to say I need a fucking drink before I chug a can of seltzer.
"I need a drink" is truly a universal phrase, since it can even mean water, or fruit juice, or anything else. It should not necessarily be meant to be alcohol, it just usually is.

Though for real mess-with-others fun, drink either water or a clear soda from a metal flask in a shirt or jacket pocket. Offer a smell test to anyone that doubts you.

RIP, Toriyama Sensei. You were one of the few Mangaka I genuinely respected.

Toriyama died of subdural hematoma, isn't that usually caused by a head injury?

He was 68. It honestly doesn't take much at that age. Sad though.

Yugioh creator and dragonball creator are gone.

I don't know if the guy who wrote berserk is still alive or playing idol master in heaven...

I know Hunter x Hunter author has health problems.

I worry that I'm going to out live media I grew up on which is sad. :(

Yugioh creator and dragonball creator are gone.

I don't know if the guy who wrote berserk is still alive or playing idol master in heaven...

I know Hunter x Hunter author has health problems.

I worry that I'm going to out live media I grew up on which is sad. :(
Well, Dragonball and Yu Gi Oh are franchises, so you have already "outlived" all the versions you likely watched, read, or otherwise cared about of those series. But those completed works got endings that mattered. So that isn't too bad.

Berserk has at least some hope; Miura, the author, trained several assistants to draw like him, and there is supposedly a plan to finish the story properly. So that can presumably be given at least an ending, if not a good one.

Hunter x Hunter I have no clear idea about. The author is getting some level of assistance at this point, but he does still have health issues. It would be nice if he could finish his work properly.

Honestly I'm just sad that creators that I loved their works are dieing in general and that I'm out living them. Kinda odd I know since I'm much younger than them but that's just human nature for ya.

Now only Araki and Go Nagai are left among the old guard. Takahashi still has a few years left in the tank, I think.

Dunno if it's just the coffee talking, but sometimes I wonder if maybe in a more just world, I'd have been killed at birth?

I know it sounds dramatic, and I have zero regrets about being alive (and hope to remain so for as long as possible), but there's just something about my life that makes me wonder if I've been a net negative to the world*. And whether maybe it's a cold equation.

*in whatever infinitesimal way I can affect it, of course. I am merely a speck

Don't be like that. Every village needs its idiot. And without you, we'd be stuck with vaermina.
Have you heard the phrase about madmen in trenches?

1- That was a glove.

2- If it doesn't fit.

And yes, treble, I think so little of you that I doubt you know these things.
That says more about you than me, tbf. It's like someone going "oh, but did you know that New York isn't the capital of the US? Of course you don't!".

Anyways, I'd love to hear you bluster and bumble till the sun goes down,this has nothing to do with anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back