• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

You forgot parasites and the favored tool of the CIA.

But I repeat myself.

I did not, I merely spoke of some of the most often occurring members.

The VW automobile would like a word with your memory, as would a verb meaning "to pester or annoy". The verb is quite insistent for your attention. It dislikes that you forgot about it and it's going to make its displeasure known.

Last edited:
Found out about this recently and oh boy.
https://sonic-city.net/2024/07/01/ken-penders-to-re-release-archie-sonic-comics/

View: https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1807188909371293803?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
This doesn't sound legal. Despite his claims that SEGA won't be suing him (though I can only read the first part as I don't have a Twitter account, thanks Elon), I'm giddy to see if this will finally be his "fucking around and finding out" phase.

Watching him get sued will be funny.

Nitpickers and shitposters on the Internet are training humans to be better at dealing with supernatural entities like Faustian demons or the Fae.

We are being trained to get better at spotting overstatements, hedging our own assertions, and using precise definitions of words because we know that if it's possible to misunderstand a statement, some shithead troll will do exactly that.

This is going to be a major human advantage when the Fae decide to invade next year.

Nitpickers and shitposters on the Internet are training humans to be better at dealing with supernatural entities like Faustian demons or the Fae.

We are being trained to get better at spotting overstatements, hedging our own assertions, and using precise definitions of words because we know that if it's possible to misunderstand a statement, some shithead troll will do exactly that.

This is going to be a major human advantage when the Fae decide to invade next year.

Guns Vs Fae

The latter in an odd twist actually had preptime and proceed to conquer the world from the humans

Apparently, going by an in-universe seer, it's gonna be a LONG time before humanity gains it's independence. Lots of guerilla warfare in the meanwhile

Guns Vs Fae

The latter in an odd twist actually had preptime and proceed to conquer the world from the humans

Apparently, going by an in-universe seer, it's gonna be a LONG time before humanity gains it's independence. Lots of guerilla warfare in the meanwhile

There are steel tipped penetrator rounds available at walmart.

... Ok, and? Do you know how many gangs have guns there?

Not sure, but they managed to really screw over the United States armed forces and many others in such a way that really scared the F out of people. They also broadcasted their war crimes. Characters really could barely believe that the USA would actually be invaded or actually have to deal with those stuff from occupying forces. Ontop of the brutal slavery and having Orc warriors who also ate people.

The MC encouraged a gangster not so much to fight, that would be suicide, but to sell drugs to the Elves….because aside from training for war and maybe farming…their long lives rendered them decadent

The guerilla warfare is mostly countryside as I recall

Strategic destruction of specific areas alongside a good portion of the troops, after many decades of secret observation, also magic that can purposely fuck with technology

Otherwise, they still put up a fight

I admittedly still find it hard to believe they lost, in part because it's confirmed in the same book that Julius Caesar had a campaign that helped drive them back and that was back when they had comparatively more magic but mostly mundane warriors

Last edited:
Strategic destruction of specific areas alongside a good portion of the troops, after many decades of secret observation, also magic that can purposely fuck with technology

Otherwise, they still put up a fight

I admittedly still find it hard to believe they lost, in part because it's confirmed in the same book that Julius Caesar had a campaign that helped drive them back and that was back when they had comparatively more magic but mostly mundane warriors

... Boats and submarines just kinda exist.

Yeah, I think the writer didn't really think it all through

Might turn out to have underwater magical beasts around like they do dragons

Still I really like Fantasy VS Technology stuff, especially when the first still puts up quite the fight
Magic absolutely shitstomps tech in a lot of settings.

Like World of Darkness, Harry Potter, etc.

But you also need to... explain what it can do properly.

Yeah... Weaver Spirits and gifts exist.

GG tech.

Technocracy is where tech = magic except they're winning (against the protagonist mages).

Gifts & Weaver sounds more like Werewolf though, is the answer Pentex Corporation? Never played straight Werewolf as much as some of the other WoD games.

Watching Baki is terrible for me. I haven't had the urge to smoke a cigarette in months, but watching all these characters drinking fine liquor and smoking is bringing all that back for me.

At least I don't have any cigarettes in the house.

Technocracy is where tech = magic except they're winning (against the protagonist mages).

Gifts & Weaver sounds more like Werewolf though, is the answer Pentex Corporation? Never played straight Werewolf as much as some of the other WoD games.
Pentex is pure wyrm, I mean they have some corrupted gaian, wyld, and weaver spirits but mostly just wyrm. And most of what they do is just magic.

But yes, werewolves shit all over everything and everyone tech related. They are the beat stick of the supernatural world and nothing else comes close.

Need a submarine or boat destroyed? Just slip through the umbra and get inside and start killing. Or ask your theurge to just... request the boat/submarine to sink itself or open all of the windows/doors at 60 fathoms. Or fire off the nukes, they can do that too. Actually an apocalypse scenario involves some wolves stealing a nuclear equipped submarine and launching its weapons at major cities.

Mages and Changelings can do some stuff, but compared to the wolves... That said, in terms of raw magical grunt both mages and changelings have most of the entire setting beat. Mages on versatility, changelings on raw power and ease of casting.

Humans are... pretty far down that list, considering that an actual honest to god Abrams Main Battle Tank can barely scratch the wolves and, uh, isn't hitting a changeling or mage.

Pentex is pure wyrm, I mean they have some corrupted gaian, wyld, and weaver spirits but mostly just wyrm. And most of what they do is just magic.

But yes, werewolves shit all over everything and everyone tech related. They are the beat stick of the supernatural world and nothing else comes close.

Need a submarine or boat destroyed? Just slip through the umbra and get inside and start killing. Or ask your theurge to just... request the boat/submarine to sink itself or open all of the windows/doors at 60 fathoms. Or fire off the nukes, they can do that too. Actually an apocalypse scenario involves some wolves stealing a nuclear equipped submarine and launching its weapons at major cities.

Mages and Changelings can do some stuff, but compared to the wolves... That said, in terms of raw magical grunt both mages and changelings have most of the entire setting beat. Mages on versatility, changelings on raw power and ease of casting.

Humans are... pretty far down that list, considering that an actual honest to god Abrams Main Battle Tank can barely scratch the wolves and, uh, isn't hitting a changeling or mage.

Most fantasy and SciFi books I read, aren't into "stats" much when it comes to combat, almost everyone is a generalist

Closest thing to something that made use of game stats that wasn't a LITRPG or a GameLIT, I read, was Forgotten Ruin and that was because the lady who made the setting a hellhole was inspired by D&D….they die to bullets but even that's not totally relianle

Most fantasy and SciFi books I read, aren't into "stats" much when it comes to combat, almost everyone is a generalist

Closest thing to something that made use of game stats that wasn't a LITRPG or a GameLIT, I read, was Forgotten Ruin and that was because the lady who made the setting a hellhole was inspired by D&D….they die to bullets but even that's not totally relianle
Oh no, those aren't stats. Those are just things they can do. By lore. The stats actually underplay them so you can have some level of challenge in the fights against things like hunters and pentex goons using regular mortal weapons.

Is there a different San Marino I wasn't told about?

Flag_of_San_Marino.svg

This one? Small land locked country near Italy? I'll admittedly give it points for being the oldest Constitutional Republic, but it hasn't actually done anything impressive.

Flag_of_San_Marino.svg

This one? Small land locked country near Italy? I'll admittedly give it points for being the oldest Constitutional Republic, but it hasn't actually done anything impressive.
It has done something greater empires couldn't. It survived to watch history unfold.

Tell me if that isn't Main Protagonist stuff. When all others go to sleep and never rise again, San Marino just resets the clock.

It has done something greater empires couldn't. It survived to watch history unfold.

Tell me if that isn't Main Protagonist stuff. When all others go to sleep and never rise again, San Marino just resets the clock.
Watching shit happen from the sidelines is literally, factually, the opposite of Main Protagonist stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back