• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
There are other WoD books for 5e I never even heard of

they are all over 40 bucks for a pdf

the preview of the romance one leaves me incredibly disappointed as everything was dudes with other dudes despite there being a fair number of what might have been traced/ai art

Downloading the free material is counterintuitive

I like dudes but I do not like AI art, so...

they are releasing a VTM VR game now.

It apparently was announced in like November for a February release (with me never having heard anything about it)

I have no clue what is going on with how this company is making games, nor how they are marketing them.

I thought I heard something like that.

I'm surprised they did so though, because I don't think the Wraith game did very well. I'm also pretty sure VR isn't all that popular. I mean, it's got it's adherents and it's niches, but I've yet to hear any 'you must play this game and it's VR only.'

I think there was a Sisters of Battle WH40k VR game at one point. But that's the limit on how much I know about it. And basically every VR game I'm aware of is about that. 'Oh yeah, this exists.'

I kinda think PDX is doing what WH40k did mmmmmm four-eight? years ago? Throw the IP at just about fucking everyone and see what sticks.

I think they should do an Inquisition XCOM/Mechanicus-like for Hunter. With a solid cast of back at base leaders and typical-for-the-genre field agents.

It's certainly more appealing than Vampirepunk 2024 with Fabian Vamphand and Fyre is at this point. We don't even have a Jackie Welles expy to fall in love with. And I recently heard that six clans are the likely total, and that feels really bad.

If they were going to skimp so hard on Clans they should've made better choices.

===

I decided to get a hold of Genius the Transgression v1.1 (And the Chronicles of Darkness core rulebook, I think it's 1e, I couldn't find a 2e core rule book. But CoD is a definite gap in my game line knowledge) and it's pretty great.

Honestly, seems like it'd be a blast to play. Bombastic, overwrought, dramatic, maniacal. Ham. Scenery chewed. A E S T H E T I C.

Yeah, playing just seems super hype.

I thought I heard something like that.

I'm surprised they did so though, because I don't think the Wraith game did very well. I'm also pretty sure VR isn't all that popular. I mean, it's got it's adherents and it's niches, but I've yet to hear any 'you must play this game and it's VR only.'

I think there was a Sisters of Battle WH40k VR game at one point. But that's the limit on how much I know about it. And basically every VR game I'm aware of is about that. 'Oh yeah, this exists.'

I kinda think PDX is doing what WH40k did mmmmmm four-eight? years ago? Throw the IP at just about fucking everyone and see what sticks.

I think they should do an Inquisition XCOM/Mechanicus-like for Hunter. With a solid cast of back at base leaders and typical-for-the-genre field agents.

It's certainly more appealing than Vampirepunk 2024 with Fabian Vamphand and Fyre is at this point. We don't even have a Jackie Welles expy to fall in love with. And I recently heard that six clans are the likely total, and that feels really bad.

If they were going to skimp so hard on Clans they should've made better choices.

===

I decided to get a hold of Genius the Transgression v1.1 (And the Chronicles of Darkness core rulebook, I think it's 1e, I couldn't find a 2e core rule book. But CoD is a definite gap in my game line knowledge) and it's pretty great.

Honestly, seems like it'd be a blast to play. Bombastic, overwrought, dramatic, maniacal. Ham. Scenery chewed. A E S T H E T I C.

Yeah, playing just seems super hype.
Overall it feels like all the games they put out are just blatant cash grabs using whatever genre of gameplay is popular at the moment and pushed out as fast as possible

Overall it feels like all the games they put out are just blatant cash grabs using whatever genre of gameplay is popular at the moment and pushed out as fast as possible

Yeah. Agree.

To be fair to Bloodhunt though, it might not be a particularly good VtM game, but it's apparently a banging Battle Royale game. Too bad it's shut(ting) down.

To be fair to Bloodhunt though, it might not be a particularly good VtM game, but it's apparently a banging Battle Royale game. Too bad it's shut(ting) down.

WtA would also work really well as a Battle Royale game. Or a team shooter like TF2. Ragabash would work as a Spy expy, Philodox and Galliard for buffs, Theurge as a summoner and Ahroun as a (Melee) Heavy.
Plus you have PvE against the Black Spiral Dancers. The Fera could be DLC - and have their own Wyrm variants for PvE. Plus Kinfolk and Pentex (potentially as a Philodox summon), an Umbra plane (with random mobs) and big PvE bosses (greater spirits and vehicle banes)

WtA would also work really well as a Battle Royale game. Or a team shooter like TF2. Ragabash would work as a Spy expy, Philodox and Galliard for buffs, Theurge as a summoner and Ahroun as a (Melee) Heavy.
Plus you have PvE against the Black Spiral Dancers. The Fera could be DLC - and have their own Wyrm variants for PvE. Plus Kinfolk and Pentex (potentially as a Philodox summon), an Umbra plane (with random mobs) and big PvE bosses (greater spirits and vehicle banes)
*remembers Nosgoth, a PvP game set in the world of Legacy of Kain*
Alas, it was not meant to be.

The new printing of Werewolf 5e reminded me that they pulled out the Fianna and renamed them Hart Wardens

Skin Dancers are renamed as well and are still a weird part of the lore where there is dissonance

they changed the skill descriptions to remove the hat tipping idiocy about rent and twitter

tribes having cultural ties to different groups had been one of the few things which made sense about werewolf

Just watched the VtMB2 Gameplay trailer that came out today.

I was impressed they took the time to find someone who actually knew how to play a video game, if barely.

I'm less than impressed with the dialogue wheel. And the way Fabian has to interject something before it opens. Like thank you, Fabian for giving me the control to speak.

Fabian continues to make me eyeroll. Someone just tried to convince me that Fabian was powerful enough to stick around while also reminding me that he was a thinblood when I posited that Fabian was going to be the twist villain.

The combat was... I don't think I saw any weapons. I don't think I've seen a single weapon in anhy reveal. Just punch. No melee, no firearms. But other than that, the combat was... okay. Which is fine.

The music and sound was pretty good imo.

Ambience was pretty on point, I think.

The sequence had a bit of loop horror going on. It was an okay+ sequence all together.

I wasn't underwhelmed, but I'm also not very excited by what they showed.

Edit: Flat out, not gonna be as good as VtMB. But I don't think it's gonna be absolute trash. Better than the WtA game. Mod Support is gonna hafta be a must though.

Just watched the VtMB2 Gameplay trailer that came out today.

I was impressed they took the time to find someone who actually knew how to play a video game, if barely.

I'm less than impressed with the dialogue wheel. And the way Fabian has to interject something before it opens. Like thank you, Fabian for giving me the control to speak.

Fabian continues to make me eyeroll. Someone just tried to convince me that Fabian was powerful enough to stick around while also reminding me that he was a thinblood when I posited that Fabian was going to be the twist villain.

The combat was... I don't think I saw any weapons. I don't think I've seen a single weapon in anhy reveal. Just punch. No melee, no firearms. But other than that, the combat was... okay. Which is fine.

The music and sound was pretty good imo.

Ambience was pretty on point, I think.

The sequence had a bit of loop horror going on. It was an okay+ sequence all together.

I wasn't underwhelmed, but I'm also not very excited by what they showed.

Edit: Flat out, not gonna be as good as VtMB. But I don't think it's gonna be absolute trash. Better than the WtA game. Mod Support is gonna hafta be a must though.
I watched the start of the video and immediately facepalmed at The Elder that is weakened telling the Nosferatu that she was Weakened. \

Yes, tell the Ambush predator this is freaked out by you that you are in a state of relative weakness.

The dialogue choices also come off as the But Though Must kind where the result will always be the same.

The design is still trash...and I kind of paused when it came to the Nosferatu as his face made me go "eh" since the models for what are meant to be attractive members aren't that great

"Your family doesn't want to see you, you are a monster" while I have seen uglier people at a mall.

Yeah, it's not gonna be anywhere near as good as VtMB, and it's going to bring in a bunch of tourists to VtM.

But it at least looks like it's gonna be middle of the road as a video game.

As a story it's probably already better than Coteries of New York. But it's not Bloodlines or Shadows of New York (I thought that had a pretty on the nose story, ngl).

And the Elder is going to be telling just about everyone about being weakened because of that sign on her hand.

It does blow my mind when supposed mega fans who have a whole YT channel dedicated to WoD get hired and then the Elder isn't causing everyone to shit their pants and has to resort to such classics as 'AS YOUR ELDER I COMMAND YOU!'

Like an actual Elder Banu Haqim would Celerity and disarm/remove the bomb themselves. Since the nossie is still wanted. Pretty sure one who could punch like that power could do something similar and throw the bomb into the warehouse where it'll be much less of a problem.

I mean I was never going to by it after the studio change, I'm only going to enjoy let's plays, but the story could've been better.

Yeah, it's not gonna be anywhere near as good as VtMB, and it's going to bring in a bunch of tourists to VtM.

But it at least looks like it's gonna be middle of the road as a video game.

As a story it's probably already better than Coteries of New York. But it's not Bloodlines or Shadows of New York (I thought that had a pretty on the nose story, ngl).

And the Elder is going to be telling just about everyone about being weakened because of that sign on her hand.

It does blow my mind when supposed mega fans who have a whole YT channel dedicated to WoD get hired and then the Elder isn't causing everyone to shit their pants and has to resort to such classics as 'AS YOUR ELDER I COMMAND YOU!'

Like an actual Elder Banu Haqim would Celerity and disarm/remove the bomb themselves. Since the nossie is still wanted. Pretty sure one who could punch like that power could do something similar and throw the bomb into the warehouse where it'll be much less of a problem.

I mean I was never going to by it after the studio change, I'm only going to enjoy let's plays, but the story could've been better.
Even just Auspex should change a lot of situations as low level is still super senses while Elder level auspex is telepathy/precog but I have a feeling stuff like the bomb are there to cut the branches

I also doubt that we are going to see any trailers with the male model anytime soon as I have doubts that they've completed it

on an unrelated note i've been looking into mage because a friend of mine wants to run a game of that in the victorian era

I ended up creating a nobleman who doesn't trust the poor to look out for themselves and uses hyper economics with a cigar, whiskey, industrial materials, and esoteric absurdity for his tools.

the concept of a guy burning money with expensive tobacco and a glass of whiskey feels both like it came out of voodoo but also like a political sketch from the victorian era about the excesses of the rich, so it is kind of hilarious to me.
Is it wrong to Roleplay a victorian nobleman as Cobra Commander

Mage: The Opium Wars are Britain's greatest shame, even I don't sell drugs to addict people. *says while believing all the poor need the guiding hand of True Noblemen and that all nobles that don't follow his code of conduct deserve execution*

Also Mage: My butler is clearly a man even if he has long hair, those lumps on his chest, and wide hips because he drives the car and shoots guns

Everyone: That is a woman in a suit.

Mage: My butler is a man because he is a butler! *knows fully well that she is a woman but gave her the job because she is the one servant that understands what he is saying when he is full cobra commander*

Mage: The Opium Wars are Britain's greatest shame, even I don't sell drugs to addict people. *says while believing all the poor need the guiding hand of True Noblemen and that all nobles that don't follow his code of conduct deserve execution*
I know Mages can be quite delusional, but lets be real you can't be so delusional as to not think that their greatest shame is their cuisine.

Also Mage: My butler is clearly a man even if he has long hair, those lumps on his chest, and wide hips because he drives the car and shoots guns

Everyone: That is a woman in a suit.

Mage: My butler is a man because he is a butler! *knows fully well that she is a woman but gave her the job because she is the one servant that understands what he is saying when he is full cobra commander*
Other: "Why is a woman driving your coach"
Mage: "That's no woman, that's just my butler Eve and clearly a man"
Other: "What do you mean that is clearly a woman."
Mage: "Only man can drive and she can drive, so she has to be a man, quod erat demonstrandum."
Other: "She is called Eve."
Mage: "So?"
Other: "Also you just called her she yourself, clearly she is a woman."
Mage: "Didn't you listen to anything I just said? Or are you just that dimwitted? I just proven to you that she is a man." *turns away as the discussion is clearly finished*

Been working on something and need a clarification on Sorcerer Linear/Hedge magic.

Is it external or internal?

I can't tell if a sorcerer has figured out how to recreate a phenomenon that could be done through some means, if it is some set of actions he internalizes with his trappings or if it is something purely dependent on the world at large.

Any help on clarifying this would be appreciated.

It's never been particularly clear, and there's been conflicting stances on it at different points and places in the lines. And that's excluding things that can blur the line by their nature, like infernal investitures of knowledge. But the easiest way of sidestepping things is to say that it was at least once natural and some small bits of it remain so despite how everything else has changed.

Yeah, the mixing views and confusion are a WoD classic. No matter which version.

But basically, no one really knows so I can put/assume something reasonable for that. I guess it will do.

Thank you!

If nothing else you can always throw that one paragraph wonder (2 in Revised and 2.5 in Master of the Arts) and say that it has some relationship to basal reality and the cosmological constants. Toss in a little "Things forgotten aren't necessarily gone" and you have a flexible sounding answer for all kinds of things.

My victorian era nobleman for a mage game...more or less, our group has extra points due to it being a short campaign but we are talking over the merits/flaws available

Int 5 Per 3 Wits 2

Cha 3 Man 3 App 2

Str 1 Sta 2 Dex 3

Pattern
Mad Scientist
Traditionalist

Academics 2
Enigmas 2
Science 3
Occult 1
Esoterica 2
Finance 5

Etiquette 3
Research 1
Firearms 1
Technology 3
Ride 1

Art 1
Empathy 1
Alertness 1
Awareness 1
Subterfuge 1

Rank 4
Resources 3
Retainers 3

Entropy 3 Prime 1 , Correspondence 2

Arete 3
Will 5 Quintessence Avatar Rating Paradox 0

Static
Focus: A World of Gods and Monsters
Practice: Art of Desire (HyperEconomics)
7 associated instruments
  • Money
  • Fashion
  • Machines
  • Father's old pipe
  • Food (Alcohol)
  • Celestial Alignments
  • Gems
  • Maybe replace one with voice)

I feel like this guy is only in the Traditions because he disagrees on the Technocracy practice of killing supernaturals and such

Euthanoi: One should always kill vampires to free them on the path

Nobleman: No, I have good conversations with them about how to best make use of the populace.

Traditions: You need to stop colonizing other countries, look at what you keep doing to China

Nobleman: The were an Empire that subjugated other countries all the time. I'm sure it will happen to the British again some time in the future.

Traditions: Your people are eating mummiies

Nobleman: And the ancient Egyptians used crocodile dung as an aphrodisiac

A spitballing about WoD videogame ideas

00:42 Mummy the Resurrection
02:53 Dark Ages: Inquisitor
06:19 Wraith: the Oblivion
09:17 Changeling: the Dreaming
12:14 Werewolf: the Apocalypse

How old is that video?

WtO and WtA both got video games.

Wraith's was a VR game so small audience.

And as bad as Earthblood was it still exists.

How old is that video?

WtO and WtA both got video games.

Wraith's was a VR game so small audience.

And as bad as Earthblood was it still exists.
it was uploaded about four hours ago
the spitballs are
Mummy the Resurrection / Shadow of Mordor
Dark Ages: Inqusiitor / Darkest Dungeon
Wraith the Oblivion / Dark Souls
Changeling the Dreaming / Persona
Werewolf the Apocalypse / XCOM (Enemy Within)

it was uploaded about four hours ago
the spitballs are
Mummy the Resurrection / Shadow of Mordor
Dark Ages: Inqusiitor / Darkest Dungeon
Wraith the Oblivion / Dark Souls
Changeling the Dreaming / Persona
Werewolf the Apocalypse / XCOM (Enemy Within)

Ah I get the '5 games will never see' then.

That sounds about right, though.

My GM thought that my mage's butler childhood friend (and avatar companion) was a Kaguya-sama reference

i dont watch kaguya

Me: He calls her a man because she is the head butler and butlers are men in his head

GM: I understand why you say your character is crazy *we realized that by text the companion remembers the past lives which my char doesnt* this feels like a romcom if you didn't have a family that all died of plague, poisoning, or went insane.

I throw this help elsewhere but I should do it here too. I am planning to run at lest maybe running a Demon the Descent game here in the play-by-post area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back