• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
In a reversal of the trope, a pack of Garou keep a vampire as an attack dog
I am undecided between a kinfolk Ventrue who can only feed on family members and a Tremere who has stopped giving all the fucks

I'm at the point of being like "do I buy Shadows and the last text game to get any VTM content on or do I just don't bother?"

Shadows wasn't bad. I liked it. I think it's worth it. It's got multiple endings, multiple characters, it explains all of the relevant lore through a codex or whatever so it doesn't waste actual scenes on info dumping. There's a prologue.

I felt somewhat immersed in Julia's life.

Coteries, not so much.

Coteries of New York

I felt like it ended super abruptly. Like I was expecting a lot more time. And as such the story is just kinda bleh. Your character is a uber pawn in court politics that sees the death of NYC's Anarch baron, and gets maybe whacked at the end.

It's super skippable unless you really want to replay it five or so times focusing on single characters to get every last detail.

I still don't get why people got so bummed out about that one corona dialogue in shadows

It felt jammed in there, for me, at least. Like there's basically nothing, nothing , nothing, put on a mask!

Like just 'let's jam in what's going on in IRL into a game people play to escape IRL, tee hee!'

Shadows wasn't bad. I liked it. I think it's worth it. It's got multiple endings, multiple characters, it explains all of the relevant lore through a codex or whatever so it doesn't waste actual scenes on info dumping. There's a prologue.

I felt somewhat immersed in Julia's life.

Coteries, not so much.

I felt like it ended super abruptly. Like I was expecting a lot more time. And as such the story is just kinda bleh. Your character is a uber pawn in court politics that sees the death of NYC's Anarch baron, and gets maybe whacked at the end.

It's super skippable unless you really want to replay it five or so times focusing on single characters to get every last detail.

It felt jammed in there, for me, at least. Like there's basically nothing, nothing , nothing, put on a mask!

Like just 'let's jam in what's going on in IRL into a game people play to escape IRL, tee hee!'
Coteries is a game where pretty much the only plotlines that felt resolved were Hope and D'Angelo's recruitment. Tamika is okay, agathon just felt like it was teasing another game (which it was) while the sidequests exist solely as distractions. Adding in touchstones was a single mission which did nothing. Engaging with the malkavian assassin's questline does absolutely nothing involved in the ending despite her being the one to kill your mentor.
I still don't get why people got so bummed out about that one corona dialogue in shadows

For shadows

There are a lot of stories that can be done with vampires during a disease outbreak, and they didn't do anything good with it which is why people are annoyed

That and in WOD there is way worse shit (anything involving Pentex, Baali, and so on)

If I want a vampire game that deals with a plague and spends time to say "hey, there is a plague" I'd play Vampyre
Did no one like the LA by Night thing on youtube? I did.
I didn't bother (most Web Plays of WoD I've seen have been obnoxious) and when I saw info about Marie Antoinette being involved in one arc I decided to skip as I doubt that they'd use her well

Edit

The amount of media that uses Marie Antionette well is staggeringly small to the point where I was genuinely surprised by FGO where she is a minor character and still
manages to blow it out of the park compared to the usual

Last edited:
LA by Night was the worst one, I couldn't listen to Annabelle sniffling for a half hour nearly every episode. New York by Night and Seattle by Night are much better, imo.

LA and New York feel a bit kayfabe-ish to me. Way too on the rails, like they discuss what's going to happen on the episode and pseudo script it. New York is much better about it though.

Seattle by Night feels like an actual table. They get so fucking sidetracked in the best ways.

LA by Night was the worst one, I couldn't listen to Annabelle sniffling for a half hour nearly every episode. New York by Night and Seattle by Night are much better, imo.

LA and New York feel a bit kayfabe-ish to me. Way too on the rails, like they discuss what's going to happen on the episode and pseudo script it. New York is much better about it though.

Seattle by Night feels like an actual table. They get so fucking sidetracked in the best ways.
Normal gaming experience

Players: We should plan our next mission and rule out places we want to avoid

Five minutes later, the players spend the entire session negotiating and looking for a mansion to buy because they have money now and refuse to live in an apartment anymore while denying the option to break the curse on another house done by someone involved in two players' backstories

Oooh. There's a seattle? Any werewolf games?

Seattle got started on Penny Arcade. Same ST.

And not to my knowledge.

Normal gaming experience

Seattle is like that.

LA was really obvious that there was someone going 'this is what you're going to do so we can fit all of these things in the episode, and let's hope we don't have to steer.'

New York's season 1 ended in such a fucked way they had to trash those characters and have new characters in season 2. So it was way less on the rails.

Seattle got started on Penny Arcade. Same ST.

And not to my knowledge.

Seattle is like that.

LA was really obvious that there was someone going 'this is what you're going to do so we can fit all of these things in the episode, and let's hope we don't have to steer.'

New York's season 1 ended in such a fucked way they had to trash those characters and have new characters in season 2. So it was way less on the rails.
I forget the name but there was a different group maybe HappyJacks that did an LA based set of games where they changed characters each season

One set included a Satanist Nun and a Nosferatu media mogul who kidnapped his childer, locked him in a basement with a girl he liked after turning him, and leaving a set of informative videos on how vampires work alongside a voice tape saying "okay, you are a vampire now, our clan all look horrible and you might have some facial features fall off. That girl you liked before is food now. Watch the videos and we will talk later."

Which yes. I can see an elder doing that

Similarly, I had an Antediluvian pretending to be an elder keep a library of steamboat willy/Fallout guy style hand animated films on vampire lore

My players found it darkly humorous

Less questions more "is the mc dead or not"
I think I remember him being mentioned somewhere, probably in NY by Night. So despite being to stupid to be a Vamp he is still around. (But I may be wrong, since I never really cared about him so it possible that I misremember that.)

Did no one like the LA by Night thing on youtube? I did.
Never really got into it, but I can't really pin point why. I did enjoy NY by Night.
There are a lot of stories that can be done with vampires during a disease outbreak, and they didn't do anything good with it which is why people are annoyed
But that not what this was about or what the scene was about (at least if I remember it correctly). The scene was about Julia not even realizing that th shit was going on because she was so out of it with her whole vamp stuff. So it used Covid as an event that was going through all the news to showcase that.And it's not like there was a event with similar impact on society around the time they could have chosen, like covid was ruling everyones lives back than so Julia being like "what was that again?" actually is a clever way of showcasing how much she has distanced herself from normal people lives. But instead people focused on "man there is covid in wod" instead.

I personally thought that the shots/quips at Qanon was way worse writing, because in WoD all their weird conspiracy theories that don't make any sense in rl are most likely true. *eyes at the Nephandi book* So those actually felt out of place to me.

I think I remember him being mentioned somewhere, probably in NY by Night. So despite being to stupid to be a Vamp he is still around. (But I may be wrong, since I never really cared about him so it possible that I misremember that.)

Never really got into it, but I can't really pin point why. I did enjoy NY by Night.

But that not what this was about or what the scene was about (at least if I remember it correctly). The scene was about Julia not even realizing that th shit was going on because she was so out of it with her whole vamp stuff. So it used Covid as an event that was going through all the news to showcase that.And it's not like there was a event with similar impact on society around the time they could have chosen, like covid was ruling everyones lives back than so Julia being like "what was that again?" actually is a clever way of showcasing how much she has distanced herself from normal people lives. But instead people focused on "man there is covid in wod" instead.
Julia spent her time in Wyrm's McDonalds at that point

not noticing the changes around her would make me wonder if she has eyes

I am surprised I've never really seen a world of darkness prince/baron quest on QQ
Vampires don't have all that much sex

Now lewd Bloodline Curses and Disciplines on the other hand...

The classic "Can only feed during sex", or maybe go the succubus route of "You do not feed on blood and only gain a single blood point equivalent per partner per night" or maybe "All blood bonds you create are mutual - you can be blood bonded to any number of persons"

For some reason I always had a more liking to the possibility of playing as a mortal don't know why I just always found it more entertaining as an idea after all I have never actually played the games but I always want to learn like the psychic abilities or the low Magic or even some of the Japanese numina from old world of darkness or skinthives and dealing with the minor mystical creatures in the game lines.

Probably because that would be more down to earth. Sure, preventing the ancient vampire from waking up, inevitably revealing vampire society to the world and fuck either the humans or vampires over near-permanently is an interesting, thrilling tale.

But its far easier to feel the stakes, and get attached, to a bunch of random Janes & Joes who are far, far, far over their head as they try to to figure out what is happening in this village where their (mundane) friend had moved to. And why is there someone who disappears whenever this particular local festival is held? Did I mention that it is about time for that festival once more?

Probably because that would be more down to earth. Sure, preventing the ancient vampire from waking up, inevitably revealing vampire society to the world and fuck either the humans or vampires over near-permanently is an interesting, thrilling tale.

But its far easier to feel the stakes, and get attached, to a bunch of random Janes & Joes who are far, far, far over their head as they try to to figure out what is happening in this village where their (mundane) friend had moved to. And why is there someone who disappears whenever this particular local festival is held? Did I mention that it is about time for that festival once more?
True that but if there is one thing that I would do is upscale the powers just a bit mostly in how they work

Vampires don't have all that much sex

Now lewd Bloodline Curses and Disciplines on the other hand...

The classic "Can only feed during sex", or maybe go the succubus route of "You do not feed on blood and only gain a single blood point equivalent per partner per night" or maybe "All blood bonds you create are mutual - you can be blood bonded to any number of persons"
they can have sex. but they don't feel it much. I don't know if they can orgasm. but a Kindred could have sex for reasons other then pleasure like for feeding or social reasons or pleasuring a partner. sex magic exists too.

maybe they can use sex for ritual purposes because they hang around a COE. heck in many cultures sex was used as a method of proven your superiority and dominance over social lesser. that's why in many cultures being a man who tops over slaves and women was fine as they were asserting their masculinity but being penetrated was a big no no.

I can see a vampire using sex to assert dominance

In a reversal of the trope, a pack of Garou keep a vampire as an attack dog
I am undecided between a kinfolk Ventrue who can only feed on family members and a Tremere who has stopped giving all the fucks
less of a attack dog and more like a acountent/social person who handles the stuff Garou can't be bothered to do like taxes and dominated witnesses to forget Wyrm stuff,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back