• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Kiba's Request... Has just begun? (Part 2)
[X] Plan Smuthunter
----

What to do? What to do?

Granting his wish? As if! Ridding off the world of this...this thing may be the best course of action beside murder, but you don't have the freakiest idea about how to do it.

'Do I?' You ask your local residents.

[Why bother? It's a Raksha, if it wants to change form it only needs to narrate it.]

'It's not a Raksha, whatever that is. It's a...human. Kinda. Sorta.'

[...This world has the strangest mutations. So, regarding this 'magical girl' business, judging from your memories on it I can think of a few rituals and Artifacts that can produce sufficiently similar results.]

'Really?'

[You cannot do or build any of them right now. Alone it will take months, even years to do any of those methods. You would have better luck searching in the local magic system. But considering the Devil said the wish cannot be granted...]

Damn. Well, compared to Kiba you have a chance, it only requires time. But you don't know if Mil-tan would agree to wait for so long.

[Use First Presence Excellency.]

'...Is it another Charm? Is there anything that a Charm cannot do?'

[Very few things.]

Oh well. Time for an inspirational speech!

First Presence Excellency!
+6 dices
-6m
"Hear me out!" You shout and jump on a nearby table. "Mil-tan, Kiba-san is a dirty liar."

Kiba-sempai pales.

"I am a magician, but I am only an apprentice who barely knows any more than you do. However!" You put a hand over your heart. "Your dedication to the cause of love and justice inspires me! Because I don't know what can be done, I also don't know what is impossible! Therefore, though it may take me many months or years, if ever I should find a way to grant you this wish, me and Kiba will absolutely do it, on our honor as men!"

Kiba shakes his head quite vigorously.

"Nyooooo!" Mil-tan grabs both you and Kiba's hands and squeezes. Hard. "Thank you magician-san! I also feel the passion burning in you-nyo!

Mil-tan puts on a big smile with his scary face after he wipes his tears.

"Let's watch 'Magical Girl Milky Spiral 7 Alternative' together–nyo. The story about the magic starts from there–nyo."

Thus your long night begins.

----

"Traitor." Kiba mutters.

"Pot calling the kettle back." You reply. "You called me only to haul your ass out."

In the end you watched the anime DVD till morning with Mil-tan. The anime wasn't bad, but the company was atrocious. Now the two of you are walking back home as the sun rises.

He flinches. "Did you see that? I met a lot of perverts, but that takes the cake!"

"It lessens the fault, it doesn't erase it." You sigh. "Forget that. Now, do you have an idea about how to grant his wish?"

Kiba stops. He turns around very slowly and stares at you. "You...are seriously considering doing that?"

"What do you think would happen if we don't?"

She shudders. "Touché. The fact remains that I can't grant this wish!"

"We don't need to." You reply. "It would suffice to partially replicate them. Even if they don't work the same they will do as long as they appear the same."

"For example,-" You assume a "The Thinker" pose. "-the Evil Pieces. The Bishop pieces grants magical talent, right? We can build a version that instead of the race change the gender."

"...Are you talking about the system that even after more than a hundred years only his creator understand?" Kiba raises an eyebrow. "The creator being Ajuka Beelzebub, one of the Four Mao? The greatest genius even born into Devil society? And you not only want to replicate his work, but also change it to suit your need?!"

"Believe me, I know. Himejima-sempai already explained Devil History to me. But I am grasping at straws here."

"...I may have an idea, but it's a last resort. Koneko-chan once told me some Onmyouji use a method where a spirit is bound to a human, granting the latter access to the spirit's powers. And since many spirits can shapeshift..."

"...Isn't that, I don't know, extremely dangerous?"

"Yes, there is the risk the spirit may eat your soul. That's why I said it's a last resort."

"Considering Mil-tan, it's the spirit that risk to be eaten." You snark.

"Quite. But as a rule I don't propose possibly suicidal plans to clients." He snarks back.

So right now you have three possible options, but they either are very time-consuming, ridiculously difficult or extremely dangerous.

Sidequest: Magical Man Child Mil-tan Unlocked!
Conditions for victory:
-Make Mil-tan a girl
-Give Mil-tan magical powers that satisfy her.
-Do it before the time limit expire (Three Years)
What should you do?
[] Bright's Methods
[] Evil Pieces Variant
[] Spirit Possession
[] Look For Something Else

Adventure: Kiba's Request...Has just begun?

-8 hours to total amount of Training Time

+2 Xp for making Mil-tan happy

Select your next adventure. Multiple choices are possible.
[] Abandoned building
[] Haunted house
[] Shady district
[] Creepy shack
[] Stop with the adventures
[] Write in? (Plan your own adventure!)

Training Days I: A Very Busy Week (Part 4)
Day 4

"Can I see the Evil Pieces again?" You ask Rias.

She blinks owlishly. "I don't mind, but why?"

You steal a quick glance a Kiba: after discussing you decided to try developing your own version of the Evil Pieces as a solution to Mil-tan's problem. Provided your research will not cause Bucho problems in any way, he agreed to help you.

He better keep his word this time or you will burn his ass. With gasoline.

"You know how one of my powers is to analyze any objects of magical nature? I want to test it on something more complicated than a magic circle."

"I see. I would be an interesting experiment. But despite their appearance they are very complex objects. Are you sure?"

Luckily you discussed with Bright any possible objection and a way to answer it without lying. "It would set a good measuring limit even if it fails. I think that at worst it would give me a headache."

She nods. "Alright. I confess I am curious myself." She goes to retrieve the box where she keeps her Pieces. "Ajuka-sama constantly refuses to divulge any but the basic information about his creations. I heard that many think it's a test of sort."

Interesting. Wait, if this was a game wouldn't that sound almost like... "Do you think there are hidden features that would make them more powerful?"

"Yes, it's a possibility." She flashes you her best smile as she puts down on the table the Evil Pieces' box. "Of course, I am going to try every opportunity to get there first. Are you up to the challenge Ise-kun?"

Koneko, Akeno and Kiba lean forward, clearly interested.

"Anytime!" You do a thumb-up. "Failure is just another reason to stand up and try again to get what you want."

"Good answer." She laughs. She takes out a Pawn Piece. "Let's try with a Pawn first."

"Alright." You bring your face closer to it and activate your Anima Power.
FRZZZ...

You blink rapidly. "Woah, trippy."

"Did you get anything?"

You massage your head. "Only fragments, like someone smashed the whole thing and hid the majority of the remains. And I absolutely don't have any idea about their meaning. But..." Your eyes narrow. "I think they are made of crystal."

"Crystal?" Rias passes a finger over the smooth surface.

"Yes, and it is somehow essential to make them work. I'm sorry, this is the best I can say for now. Can I try again next time?"

"Sure. Feel free to do it every day."
From now on Issei will automatically spend 5 motes of Essence every day to try to analyze the Evil Pieces.

Progress: 2.68/100
----

"In order to make my hopes a reality I went out of my way to face my ideals. I still don't have any results yet. It'll probably be a long time until I get an answer..."

Yuuto Kiba stares at the screen as the credits starts rolling. He didn't know why he bought the film. Call it curiosity.

But...maybe it wasn't a waste of money.

With a determined nod he stands up and walk to his computer. A quick search with Google holds the desired results. He clicks on one of them and begins reading.

"Judging the concept of creation, hypothesizing the basic structure, duplicating the composition material...adding the history?"

He smirks.

"Interesting."

----

Learned:

[Magic Circle] You now know how to flawlessly draw magic circles. A necessary skill to begin studying wards and teleportation.
[Restoration] A spell to restore broken objects to their pre-damaged state. A skill used by Devil to repair the surroundings after a battle. It costs 1 mote to restore an area of (Essence) yards to his original state.

----

"AH!" A ball of compressed golden energy forms in your palm before you thrust your hand forward and fire a beam that annihilate three tree in one blow.

"Yes!" You cheer up.

[Congratulation boy. You learned Dragon Shot] Ddraig compliments you.

[No, it was something else.] Bright suddenly says.

'Eh?' [What do you mean?]

[Granted, you adapted a pre-existing one to your needs, but to do it in a few days...Uh uh, maybe the worm has some fangs after all.]

'Make sense please?'

[Simply put you created a Charm. Do you know what Charms truly are?] She doesn't wait for your to answer. [To put it in terms you can understand, it is defined as 'Charm' the natural outgrowth of a Solar's skill feats backed up by essence, to be able to shatter mortal limits. To use one is to do something that normally shouldn't be possible under any circumstance. Charm defy causality to bring forth an otherwise impossible result. Each and every one of them is capable, by your world's standards, of performing Miracles.]

Your eyes widen.

[Back in Creation when one learn a pre-existing Charm his name is simply added to the list of rightful users. In contrast, creating a new one involves modifying the entirety of reality to make his effects possible. The Primordials built Creation this specific ways, not realizing that would be their undoing. But you, through nothing but effort, managed to do the same to this reality.]

You feel excited. 'Does this mean...?'

[Yes!] She laughs. [The Exaltations are so powerful that let even an utterly talentless worm warp an entire reality not of their own. Praise the Unconquered Sun! Praise The Great Maker!]

You hate her so much.
New Charm Created:

Name:
[] Dragon Shot
[] Write-in

(Yes: you can decide its name in true Exalted fashion)

Cost: 1m per 2L
Type: Simple
Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: None

An original Charm of the Exalted Hyodo Issei, created by imitating the skills of the Dragon-Blooded Warriors. This Charm permits the Solar to fire a bolt of Essence, either as a beam or as a exploding sphere, from his hand toward a target. The bolt is targeted with (Dexterity + Athletics) or (Dexterity + Archery), whichever is preferred, with an Accuracy bonus equal to the Solar's Essence and a range of (Essence x 20) yards. The bolt inflicts 2L per mote spent up to a maximum number of motes equal to the Solar's Stamina. By spending 1 additional mote the Solar can add an elemental aspect to the bolt and trigger one of the following effects:

-Holy: instead of lethal the bolt inflict aggravated damage to creatures of darkness.
-Fire: set the target ablaze for a single action (+4L to the attacker's damage pool).

Additional possible effects can be added afterwards once the Solar learn how to manipulate the corresponding element.

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Shady District (Part 1)
[X] Shady District
----

You are starting to hate adventures.

[I already said it: no matter how much you train. No potential, no growth.]

'I know! But the last I ended up saving Kiba from...from...'

What kind of name can you give to that?

[I still say you should have burn it.] Ddraig adds.

'We already discussed about this. No killing unless I can help it.'

Today you decided to do some more training with your martial arts. A special kind of training.

Beating up delinquents.

What better way is there to impress girls? It worked with Abe-sempai. Thinking about that, it may be a good idea to ask her how to contact the secret societies she knows once you're strong enough. You have a Longinus after all, you're sure there are a lot of people interested in bargaining with you.

With that in mind you go to explore a little corner of the city where you never went before. From what you were told the place is a handout for mostly young people of questionable reputation and isn't safe to walk.

If that doesn't scream 'gathering place for delinquents' you are going to eat a hat.

[You don't have a hat.]

'I will buy one. Now hush, we're there.'

At first glance the district isn't much different from the rest of the city. Sure the buildings are old, the walls are covered with graffiti and the streets are dirty, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Nothing but one thing.

"Why is this place desert?"

Indeed, you are the only person in a radius of fifty meters. Not even cars are passing.

[Maybe it's because it's dawn and people are still sleeping?] Ddraig offers a suggestion.

["People don't wake up at dawn?"] You and Bright say simultaneously.

How do you spend your time?
[] Get back later.
[] Go rest in that convenient hotel.
[] Perform some martial arts Kata to pass the time.
[] Write-in.

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Shady District (Part 2)
Heaven Canceler said:
There are a couple interesting choices there. Ako and Ayaka are up there with some of the more interesting choices. One of the three Cheerleaders could be amusing. With the twins it would have the Problem of choosing one of course, unless you make some Kind of double Exaltation or something like that. Maybe one of the Girls from the magical School where Yue Ends up in? Or possibly give it to Konoka and see how she suddenly gets involved as an fighter and talker instead of (only) being involved as a healer. Generally though, it is lacking ways to really turn the story on its head I think. Everything is pretty set in concerning the storyline.
So you think setting with lesser plot armor are best? Like?

[X] Perform some martial arts Kata to pass the time.
----

You decide to perform some kata to pass the time and warm up for the delinquents. With Monkey Leap Technique you jump up to a rooftop: it's empty save for the entrance to the internal stairs. Perfect.

Entering the position Bright taught you start with a punch, followed by a low and high kick combo. Step forwards.

Turn and slash with a right elbow. Sweep with left leg. Followed by a right knee and high kick.

You begin with simple combinations, yet as you practice under the majesty of the Sun you come to remember recent battles-

Bright-sensei, merciless but precise-

Koneko-chan, serious but understanding-

And a shadow fight in your new preferred style-

Donhaseek standing in front of you, light spear in hand-

He thrusts. You sidestep, advance, hit his elbow, advance, uppercut.

You kick off a wall and dance in the air.

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uytpEt73TKs#t=108[/embed]

Straight-punches, low-hits, middle-uppercuts, high-kicks, sweeps, bashes, round-house kicks, flying-kicks, knee-strikes, elbows, backhands, rams, body-slams, right-hooks...

"AH!"

You land, your first carving open the rooftop and creating a crater.

Finishing Move!

"Wait what?" You blink furiously in complete confusion. "I...Did I just...?"

[Took a great leap in your study of Martial Arts?] Bright's voice sounds amused. [Maybe. Maybe not. It's one of the few fields I have not interest to. But you chose Dawn to do your training, so I suppose Fate found it appropriate to reward you.]

A smile splits your face into two. You punch the air and look with glee as the air around your fist lets out an audible 'Bang!'

"I know kung-fu!"

Best. Power. Ever.
-4 Xp
Martial Arts: OO

Training Times:
Martial Arts (Strength): 6/30 days, 0/2 months
Martial Arts (Dexterity): 6/30 days, 0/3 months
You hear a rumor. Turning around you find a girl who just stepped out from the door, her mouth hanging open.

Ooops?

"I'm an hallucination!" You cross your arms before leaping over the edge of the rooftop.

"Wa-!"

With the grace of a monkey (monkeys have grace?) you run away until you are sure the girl will not be able to find you.

When you were training people started populating the street, now there is enough activity to suit your purpose. You buy a quick snack and some bottled water from a small store and step into the shadows of a dark corner, to see without being seen. With that done you start to keep watch on the street.

Your efforts are rewarded when a group of people all dressed in green and black enters a bar.

By how the first one kick the door so hard to break the glass and the knob, and by how you can hear screams from inside and see other customers run away you deduce two things:

One: those guys means troubles.

Two: this is exactly what you wanted.

Smiling you drop your improper breakfast into a trashcan and step outside.

"Here's come the Hero~!"

How do you approach this?
[] Full frontal
[] Cover action
[] A trap
[] Something else?
----

The song now is Issei's official battle theme. Also, now I need to insert Yang into this story somehow.

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Shady District (Part 3)
[X] Assess the situation.
-[X] If you must lead with a frontal assault, pretend to be a concerned customer rather than some kind of hired help or passing hero. Try to take the fight out of the store so as to not cause more property damage than the guys you're fighting.

----

Rushing it isn't good. You have no doubt you can take those dumbasses (you wrestled with a Servant of God fallen from Heaven for crying out loud!) but you don't want to put innocent people in danger. The best thing to do first is to take a closer look at the situation, to determine what is best to do and what is best to not do.

Of course, with that being a bar if you, a high school student, enter the thing would be suspicious. Unless you can pass for a truant.

...Which you are because, you confirm it by looking at your watch, your should have been at school hours ago. Oh well, you will tell the truth: that you have to stop delinquents from harassing normal people.
"I never taught him that."
Who knew that twisting the truth is way more effective that outright lying?
"Neither did I. This is all him."
A bit of crinkling your shirt, smearing your pants with a bit of mud and disheveling your hair and you're perfect. A perfect punk, that's it, but you can work with that.

Hands in your pockets you walk with a relaxed pose to the bar and enter inside.

You are instantly met with an older guy with an angry scowl. You raise your hands. "Woah! I came here only to drink! I don't want trouble man."

His scowl deepens before he points with his thumb to a corner of the bar. "Wait there. You can have your drink when we're gone. Do something and a drink will be the last of your worries."

Muttering a quick 'thanks' you sit down on a table. Then, once the attention of those present drift elsewhere you assess the situation.

There are eight delinquents, all older than you. Of those eight only two seem dangerous, and this is only from size alone.

Aside from you there are four customers, all middle-aged men. They're keeping themselves away from the delinquents, but the latter every on and then give them a look to be sure they behave.

At the counter what seems the leader, and only because of the volume of his voice, is arguing with the barman. From where you are you can hear fragments of conversation.

"...Saw together with you."

"No no! Ridiculous! We have an accord."

"Don't lie to me shitty old man. You're in the Snake's territory, our territory, and yet you dare to deal with the Black Hand?"

"But, we agreed I can sell to whoever-"

"I don't care what you agreed with the boss! I can't have you have contacts with the enemy! Now listen..."

You're not an expert, from those words...a gang war? Or something similar.

[] Listen more
[] You have enough: jump up and teach those thugs a lesson.
[] Lead them outside the local, to deal with them leisurely.
[] Write-in?

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Shady District (Part 4)
[X] Listen more.
----

Now, normally a true Hot-blooded Hero would stand up, do a badass boast and beat the bad guys with the power of 'Guts!'.

But since you are not sure yet if you receive power-ups at demand by never giving up, you are going to play the Guile Hero and collect as more information as possible before acting.

"Look!" The barman snaps a little. "Your boss and I agreed that, as long as I pay regularly, it doesn't matter where the money come from. If you have a problem with that, talk to him!"

The leader's eyes narrow. "Oh, I will."

Suddenly he grabs the barman's jacket, lifts him up and slams his head on the counter. Repeatedly.

"I will after I make you understand how things are going to work from now on!" He yells. "Smash everything boys!" He tells.

Okay, now you really have to interfere.

[] You have enough: jump up and teach those thugs a lesson.
[] Lead them outside the local, to deal with them leisurely.
[] Write-in?

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Shady District (Part 5)
[X] You have enough: jump up and teach those thugs a lesson.
-[X] Larekko12's Stunt

----

'Bright-sensei, do you have any suggestions?'

[Hit fast. Hit hard. And, most importantly, hit the leader or the strongest one first.]

'On it.'

As you see the (relatively) innocent barman brutalized you snap into action: you stand up and step kicking a free chair to slide forcefully into the back of the lead goon's knees, seating him forcefully. He has only a moment to yelp before he's the one eating counter courtesy of your out stretched foot as you clear the distance between you and him too fast for his men to react.

"That-" You start raising your leg. "Is enough of that." It come down in a Hammer kick on his head.
Lead Goon's Health

-1 [/]
-2 [/] [/]
-4 [ ]
Incapacitated [ ]
Dying [ ]

"Boss!" The goon that ordered you to seat shouts. He sneers at you. "I warned you buddy."

"I know." You set into a stance, spreading your legs, one hand raised over your head and the other near your hips. "What I failed to mention, is that I don't give a rat's shit about your warnings."

One of the delinquents, you decide to call him "Goon 1", comes at your from the side with his fist raised. You shift your center of gravity and incline backward your torso: as his blow misses you entirely your hands seize his forearm before brutally twisting it behind his back. As he scream you twist it back and throw him against the counter.
Goon 1's Health

-1 [/]
-3 [/]
Incapacitated [/]
Dying [ ]
Goon 2 lets loose a flurry of punches, but his aim and form are so atrocious that you only need to lean down to dodge them. You make a leg sweep causing him to fall. Your descending foot on his family jewels take care of the rest.
Goon 2's Health

-1 [/]
-3 [/]
Incapacitated [/]
Dying [ ]

Helped by Goon 3 Lead Goon stands up, his head bleeding. He glares at you with eyes full of hate. "Who the fuck are you? One of Black Hand's men? Or are you one of those damn snobs from Ragnarok?"

"Just a concerned citizen worried about the city's safety." You shot him a smug smile. "As I see it you have two options: surrender, or be thoroughly beaten and then surrender."

"Fuck you." Is his curt reply. "Rottweiler, give me a hand."

Goon 3, or Rottweiler, moves as to put you between him and Lead Goon. Both of them produce a knife from their jackets.

"When I will be done with you, your face will look like grilled meat." Lead Goon threatens.

Yeah. No. Nope. No way in hell. Not all ladies like the scarred type. The "Pretty Boy" type is more popular.

[] Attack (1 target)
-[] Choose Target
[] Flurry (1+ targets)
-[] Choose Targets
[] Aim (Wait and take aim to increase chance of hitting)
[] Guard (less chances of being hit)
[] Use Charm
-[] Choose Charm
[] Write-in
----

Stunting is still possible. Just add it to your vote.
Lead Goon's Health

-1 [/]
-2 [/] [/]
-4 [ ]
Incapacitated [ ]
Dying [ ]
Rottweiler's Health

-1 [ ] [ ]
-2 [ ]
-4 [ ]
Incapacitated [ ]
Dying [ ]
Have you ever realized how much normal mortals suck compared to Exalts? I did while writing this. And to think, Issei only need to increase Athletics one or two Dots to be even more ridiculous.

A little reminder: now that Issei has Dots in Martials Arts he can start learning the Styles of Creation. The option isn't accessible yet, but it may be beneficial for you to decide in advance on what style to learn.

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Shady District (Part 6)
[X] Flurry
-[X] Disarm

----

Those knifes have to go: thanks to your Charms you can ignore the damage, but they are reserved for the truly dangerous opponents, not trash like this.

You were never any good at Monkey in the Middle, so you don't feel like playing around. As the two thugs lunge at you from both directions you vault over a nearby table, taking care to note the way their hands move with the knives and memorize the patterns.

Lead Goon snarls as he and Rottweiler circle around the table and try to flank you again but this time, thanks to you elevated position, you can see them both move at the same time.

They aim at your leg. The same leg.

Big mistake.

It's child's play to shift your leg backward. As the knifes reach the apex of their momentum two hands reach out and snatch two wrists; two twists just so and two knives clatter to the floor.

They both cry out in pain. Before any of them can react you let go and execute a crescent kick, making Rottweiler's head snaps backward. You then jump forward, smashing your knee into his stomach. He tries to strike you, but your left hand pushes his own away while your right fist hits him in the temple, smashing his head on the ground.

He doesn't stand up.
Rottweiler's Health

-1 [/] [/]
-2 [/]
-4 [/]
Incapacitated [/]
Dying [ ]
You look around and the remaining thugs shiver as your gaze passes over them. You feel...great.

Does fighting always feel so good?

[But of course.] You hear Ddraig's smug voice. [This is 'Power'. The lifeblood of Dragons. 'Live free and fight until the end.' This is the philosophy I follow.]

[You are a Solar, Chosen of the Unconquered Sun.] Bright's voice sounds absolute. [You don't have weaknesses, they were purged when you took your Second Breath. You don't pursue greatness and authority: your very actions ARE Greatness and Authority.]

They...
[] Are right
[] Are wrong
[] You don't know
[] Write-in.

Lead Goon bend down to recover his knife. Your foot stop his hand.

"Uargh!"

"Now gentlemen, we can do this two ways: the easy way..." You smile rather balefully. "Or the hard way."

No response. Uh, it appears they are too scared to articulate a proper response.

[] Just knock out all of them.
[] Convince them to leave.
[] Write-in.

-----

Those rolls. Issei is truly a proper Exalt.

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Shady District (Part 7)
[X] You don't know

Power? Greatness?

'That sounds awesome,-' And it is. 'but I still feel like a normal kid when I'm not doing all this kung-fu stuff.'

Yes. You have a Longinus and Ignis Divine chose you, but before that you were just a normal kid. Your life has changed quickly, but you has yet to do it.

'If I'm some kind of dragon king then I'm a really stupid king who only knows how to punch things and throw fireballs.'

[Dragon Emperor.] Ddraig clarifies. [You are indeed still young partner, but you still have the potential to be the very best.]

[The dragon is right.] Bright-sensei says. [You aren't fit to be a king.]

You and Ddraig both sweatdrop.

[But you will be. Every Solar starts great, but no-one starts Great. Wisdom is also recognizing your own shortcoming. To temper your own passions, it is indeed where the Virtue of Temperance shines.]
[I didn't expect this to be the first, but you did surprisingly well for a newborn. The Trial of Humility...you pass.]

'What? Trail of Humility? What are you talking about?'

[The answer is for another time.]

She doesn't say anymore on the subject.

[X] Just knock out all of them.

You doubt that as they're now words will connect to their brains. So you will proceed to employ the most universal of languages.

Your fists.

You raise your foot from Lead Goon's hand and then lower it again.

On his skull.

You sprint forwards, your legs carrying you at the speed of a Olympic athlete, and reach the first thug that you met. Your foot lashes out, hitting him in the stomach and driving out all air from his lungs.

You repeat it twice and he drops like a sack of potato.

You look at those still standing, your face like a mask of stone. "Don't worry: next is your turn."

Apparently they were the magic words because they just run away, one even smashing through a window because it's closer than the door.

You look at the customers and the barman, who are looking at you in disbelief and awe.

"Who want to bet that in their pockets there is enough money to cover all damage bills?" You point to the downed thugs and smirk.

There is.

----

"Thank you boy." The barman says as you help him stopping the bleeding on his head. "But I fear you get yourself into trouble."

"I knew the possible consequences before entering here." You reply as you tighten the bandage. "Now, mind telling me what this was all about?"

He sighs. "As you probably guessed people like myself pay for protection to the local gang. It was like this for a long time and I doubt it's going to cease anytime soon."

Not if you can do something about that.

"Myself, I pay my due to the 'Snake'. The members of Snake are at odds with a gang from another district, the 'Black Hand', and another one I don't know the name. I made an accord with the Snake's leader: as long as I pay regularly I can do what I what. But it seems the idiot-" He scoffs and looks at Lead Goon, who is being drag away by Goon 1 and 2. "thought it was something to be rectified."

"Uhm..." You cross your arms. "Old man, how would you like the problem to be resolved...permanently?"

He looks at you sharply. "Don't even think about it boy. You are strong, but Snake himself is a different story. He's a mass of muscles even higher than me."

"Size isn't all that matter." You reply confidently. "But I promise to be careful."

As you leave the bar you reflect on what you said. Sure stopping Snake sounds all well and good, but you doubt defeating the leader is all that is needed.

[] Continue. Investigate more about this Snake.
[] Leave it be. Concentrate on the Fallen Angels.
[] Write-in.

"Found you!" You hear a cheerful voice say as you walk. You turn.

dy6f42.png

You recognize her: she's the girl that you met on the rooftop. She's younger than you, one or two years, with black hair lightly red-streaked and captivating silver eyes, wearing a black blouse and a skirt with red trimmings.

Wow. You didn't realize it before, but she's cute. Almost criminally so.

"Me?" Your point at yourself.

"Yes! You were all like-- Hooowaaah! Witchaaaa!"

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sGiE10zNQM&feature=player_detailpage#t=466[/embed]
(watch from 7:45)

She proceeds to make some karate-style poses and noises.

As strange as it sounds, you feel the urge to smack her in the head and show her the correct stance.

She points at you. "You have superpowers!" She declares it like someone would say that the Sun rose from the East and there are stars on the night sky.

And you have yet to learn the memories cancelling spell.

Uh oh.

[] Run away.
[] Convince her she's wrong.
[] Admit it.
[] Write-in.

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Shady District (Part 8)
At first I decided to post Day 5. Then I realized that posting this first is more hilarious.
----

[X] Continue. Investigate more about this Snake.
Sidequest: The Snake Unlocked!
Conditions for victory:
-Investigate the gang called "Snake"
-Make their harassment of civilians stop
-Do it before the time limit expire (Six Months)

You realize at this point running is useless. The girl is apparently determined enough to keep searching for you. And for convincing her you don't have superpowers...like your English prof said, you're a horrible liar. The best you can do now is convincing her to keep it a secret. For her own good.

You look around to confirm no one else is looking. You cup your hand to the side and speak in a low conspiratorial voice as if you are admitting a great secret. "I do. But this isn't something we should discuss so openly. Is there somewhere else we can continue this discussion, someone more private? A..."

Before you can finish the girl interrupts you, her eyes sparkling. "I know! Let's go to a rooftop. All best super secret things happen on a rooftop!"

She grabs your arm and, dragging you, jumps.

For a moment it's like the world suddenly accelerated. Then you're hovering over the building you were standing next. Calling upon your recently developed training you land gracefully.

And, before you can ask her what was that...

"You see, I have superpowers too. Look!"

The girl strikes a pose, hands held high, and in a twirl of red petals coming from nowhere something come into existence.

bg19nl.png

2921k6u.jpg

It's a large red and black finely ornate scythe, a weapon fit to be wielded by the Grim Reaper himself.

[Well now...that's something I thought I would never see again.] Ddraig says, sounding impressed.

'Ddraig? What I am looking at?'

[That, partner, is a Sacred Gear. Not a Longinus, but one just as famous. It's "Death's Scythe".]

Death's Scythe?! You were joking about the Grim Reaper!

"This is important: can you give me a minute?" You ask. At her nod you close your eyes and focus on the image of your draconic partner. 'Please. Explain.'

[To start it, do you know about the four figures appearing in the Bible called the "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"? They are real. Well, they were real since they're dead now.

Sacred Gears were originally created by the God of the Bible to empower his own believers, to use them against races like Devils and Fallen Angels. But since some were too powerful he made them inheritable only by humans. To limit their use. However, there was an exception. Fours to be exact.

During the last Great War, the one were I fought and died, God chose four half-Angel, half-Human hybrids and gave them specially made Sacred Gears. This was made as an attempt to change the tides of the war. And it did, until the fours lived at least.]

'Were they powerful?'

[Oh yes. But you see, they weren't strong because they had exceptional magical potential or had powerful Gears. Their secret was twofold: "Multiple Gears" and "Synergy".

Each Horseman wielded more than one Sacred Gear. And each set possessed by a Horseman was designed to make all Gears complement each other well and enhance their performances.]

You raise a mental eyebrow. 'This...is actually a very valid strategy.'

[Yeah, it was. The Horsemen were a terror on the battlefield. Not the very best, but they mowed down common troops like weeds. I personally fought them and let me tell you: that was one of the best battles I had in ages. A little frustrating through: bastards didn't fight fair.

Anyway, eventually the war got so bad that even the Horsemen died and their Gears ended scattered. At a side note, since then even half-humans could inherit a Sacred Gears.]

'So, that scythe is...?'

[Like I said, it's Death's Scythe, the weapon wielded by the Horseman of Death. Apart from being a Holy weapon, and thus very effective against Devils, it has another power: to increase "Speed". Things like speed of the wielder, reaction speed, how fast atoms move to make the blade vibrate to inflict more damage and also how fast the opponent bleeds, to make him bleed to death. What the girl did before? Probably she increased the speed of her jump. And since it's a magical effect it ignores things like inertia.]

Wow. That's incredibly cool.

You open your eyes an find the girl staring at you in anticipation.

"Thank you for waiting." You extend a hand. "My name is Issei Hyodo. Nice to meet you."

"Oh!" She shifts the scythe to one hand and shakes your own with the other. "Nice to meet you! I'm Ruby Rose!"

You raise an eyebrow. "Are you foreign Ruby-chan?" Now that you notice it, her features aren't fully Japanese. An half?

"My father is from Britain. My mother was Japanese." She smiles. "My second name, the one I use here in japan, is Kougyoku Mizoguchi."

Kougyoku. It means 'Ruby' or 'Red Jade'. Very fitting.

"I'm so happy!" She gushes. "This is the first time I meet another person beside my sister who has superpowers! I thought we were the only ones."

"Your sister too?"

"Yes: she has a pair of gauntlets that shoot fire."

[That sounds familiar. No, no, I need to see it first.]

"What powers do you have Hyodo-san?" She asks leaning closer.

You grin and raise your left hand, making Boosted Gear. "This beauty here. And..." Your Caste Mark glows. "Awesome Solar powers."

"Uaahh..." She has stars in her eyes. Stars!

"Cool I know. But I need to ask you something." You turn serious. "Kougyoku-chan, did you or your sister tell anybody beside me that you have Sacred Gears?"

She blinks. "You mean our powers? Only our parents. What are Sacred Gears?"

"That's how powers like ours are called. Sit down." You sit on the eave and mention her to take place next to you. "This will be long."

You explain to her what Boosted Gears are and their origins.

"But, but I am Shinto."

"So I am. What is the problem?"

"Why the Christian God gave me a power from his religion if I don't believe in him?"

"...That's a very valid question. I think the distribution happens at random."

"...That doesn't make sense."

"My opinion too."

Then you tell her about the existence of supernatural beings like Angels, Fallen Angels and Devils. At the end she appears overwhelmed.

"Uwaa...The world is way bigger than I thought." She whispers.

"Yes, it is. That's why you have to be careful: I got almost killed because of my Sacred Gear." You say sternly. "You can't let the wrong person know of yours or something bad may happen."

"Don't worry. If a bad guy appears..." She materializes her scythe and swings it a couple of times. "Me and Crescent Rose will kick his ass!"

Well, at least she has the enthusiasm. "Crescent Rose?"

"The name I gave it." She pats the weapon.

...It's less ominous that Death's Scythe at least. "Do you know how to wield it?"

"Well..." She fidgets. "Me and Yang-that's my sister's name-discovered our powers when we were kids and practiced since them, but we are totally self-taught."

Which means: even if they are talented, it's way inferior to proper training.

"I know!" She smiles at you. "Hyodo-san can teach us! About how to use our Sacred Gears and how to fight! Oh, and also about the supernatural!"

[] Write-in.
----

What I said here is purely my interpretation of canon. My opinion is that the God of DxD created the Sacred Gears as a trump card for the war, but restricted their use to human only because he feared angels with them would grow too powerful to control. Once he died the system began malfunctioning and now, even with Michael keeping it running, there are a lot of errors that result in half-humans obtaining Sacred Gears and other things that happen in canon.

Training Days I: A Very Busy Week (Part 5)
Day 5

'Are you sure it's here?' You ask the ghost of an ancient God-Queen from another dimension living in your head.

You can't believe you thought that with a straight face.

[Yes I'm sure. Hurry up!]

A little earlier, while you were jogging, Bright suddenly told you to stop and follow another direction, saying she sensed something that needed to be investigated.

The place you reach is a little park full of tree near Tomofuri-sama's Temple.

[Yes. Yes.] She whispers when you reach the center of the park. [How surprising to find one outside Creation. Wait: no, it's a little different but the framework is similar. It should work. No, it will definitely work.]

'Er, what are you talking about?' You sweatdrop. Sometimes you just can't understand her.

[Can't you sense it worm? Invoke the power of your Anima and observe.]

Curious you follow her instructions.
As Essence fills your eyes many sparks of energy appear all around you. It's...other Essence?

[This, worm, is a Demesne. In Creation Dragon lines of Essence run through the entire world. When they converge they form a pool of Essence that Exalts and other beings can draw upon.]

[Here on Earth they are called Leylines.] Ddraig supplies. [They are like the veins of the planet, with magical energy flowing instead of blood. They are vital to the environment: if there is non or if they are damaged, life can't grow from the earth. I am not surprised to find one, there has to be a reason that devil girl chose this city as her territory. There are probably another two or three beside this one somewhere in the city.]

'This is all interesting, but what does it has to do with me?'

[Many things: first, by properly attuning yourself to a demesne you could draw Essence from it every time you are inside it, even if it's best to let it rest for a hour after each attempt. And if you build a Manse, an occult structure on it to focus and control the flow of energy, you channel the power of the demesne into an object called a hearthstone, a crystal that allow you to draw power from the demesne even when far away and grant a special power when inserted into an artifact.

You can't build a Manse yet, but you can start with attuning the demesne. You do it like this...]

You follow Bright's instructions. After an hour of meditation you feel something shift inside you as a new channel is open.

The Demesne is Level 2 with an Aspect of:
[] Earth
[] Water
[] Fire
[] Wind
[] ??

----

"Adamant Skin Technique is a Charm that allow the user to perform a Perfect Defense." Bright explains. "The one who use it can perfectly negate an attack, no matter how powerful the attack is."

"Wait." You raise a hand. "It sounds too convenient to be true."

"It is. As long as you have the Essence to activate it of course." She crosses her arms. "Also, they can be used if a certain condition is met. What the condition is, it depends on your Virtues. Even then you must learn it."

"And...how I do it?" You ask with a head-tilt.

"Simple. Dragon." She snaps her fingers to attract Ddraig's attention.

She points at you and smile.

You are filled with extreme arousal.

You are filled with overwhelming dread.

"Hit him until he learns the Charm. As strongly as possible."

Aaaah~~! Who knew such beautiful lips could produce such a scary sound~~?!

Ddraig shrugs. "Okay." And then he sends you flying with a swipe of his tail.

As you fall from the sky, feeling the phantom pain of having all the bones in your body broken, you have a single thought:

'This better be worth it.'

Choose a Flaw of Invulnerability:
[] Valor Flaw: The Exalt must move toward the opponent he considers most dangerous, on every tick where this is possible without magic, until his DV refreshes twice.
[] Compassion Flaw: The Exalt can only use this Charm when in the presence of someone or something he cares about.
[] Temperance Flaw: The Exalt cannot take movement actions such as move, dash, flight, teleportation or jumping until his DV refreshes twice.
[] Conviction Flaw: Charms carrying this Flaw do not function when the character has taken some action during the scene that is contrary to her Motivation. If, during the scene, she has acted against any Intimacy, or a Virtue she has rated at 3+, then Charms with this Flaw add a +3m surcharge to their activation cost.

----

'Are you sure it doesn't matter if we aren't facing each other?'

[For the fifth time: yes. The training requirement to learn this Charm is to interact with other, living people, not matter the mean.]

'Alright.'

You quickly finish to type:

-so we can be ready if Ilya and Berserker decide to follow us directly to our home. Any questions?

You activate First Presence Excellency and send the message.

Answers start arriving.

Nope. This look pretty neat.

Let's go with plan "Make Shirou a Crossdresser"!

Can't wait to see Rin's expression ^^!

If all you have to do is interacting with others, then taking part in collective games on the internet called "Quests" and convincing people of your ideas being beneficial to them probably counts as training for this, right?
P.S.: Issei's username is "HaremKingILoveOppai'OO'"
----

[Discover the secret of the Evil Pieces]
-5m every day.
Progress: 5.02/100%

Issei's Awesome Adventures: Shady District (Part 9)
Well. Before such determination and cuteness, how could you refuse?

Of course, first you need to make clear your help must be used wisely. You're a Hero after all.

"Maa. I would be happy to help but weapon use isn't my specialty. But don't worry: nothing learns faster under Heaven than a Sun and those who learn under him!"

You jump on the eave and strike a pose: spread legs, straight back, left arm parallel to the body and right hand pointing at the rising sun as you look at the symbol of your heavenly patron.

Just as you do so a thin cloud of dust passes over you and, maybe reacting to the trace of Essence left from your Anima Banner, erupting in a glowing halo surrounding you.

"But this Solar doesn't just train anyone. He trains heroes and heroines of Justice."

You turn to look at Kougyoku. "Ruby Rose. For what reason do you desire power?" You ask with seriousness.

Ruby, who until now was staring at you with sparkling eyes, strikes a pose similar to you but with both arms doing a fist-pump.

"I love books. Yang used to read to me every night before bed, stories of monsters that threaten people and heroes that defeat them. As a girl, I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books: someone who fight for what is right, and protect people who can't protect themselves!"

You nod. A childish origin maybe, but who are you to judge. Better yet, where the desire for rightfulness come from doesn't matter, only that there is. "The real world often isn't the same as a fairy tale."

"Well, that's why we're here! To make it better."

You smile. "That's the correct answer." You jump down and hold out a fist. "Ruby Rose, who is also Kougyoku Mizoguchi: will you join this Issei Hyodo in his Quest for Justice and Glory?"

She touches your fist with her own. "Until my body is dry!"

"This is a pact made under Heaven."
Issei gains:

Followers (Ruby Rose): O
Kougyoku Mizoguchi (Ruby Rose) gains:

Intimacy:
Issei Hyodo (Admiration)

Background:
Mentor (Issei Hyodo)
Later you and Ruby exchange cellphone numbers. "Right now I have a serious matter that needs my full attention, so we can't begin your training. I will contact you again within a week: in the meantime talk about this with your sister and see if she's interested into joining us."

"Yang will be overjoyed! She will surely join us." Ruby smiles.

'Let's hope she's as cute as you then.' You guilty think. "Do you live nearby?"

"No, I was just passing to bring notes to a friend. I go to an all-girls school to the other side of the town."

You tilt your head. "Shouldn't you be at school?"

"Well..." She tilts her head. "Shouldn't you?"

"I came here with a mission." You hastily reply. "A gang of delinquents is harassing the honest citizens. I am going to make them stop."

All true, it just didn't happen in that order.

"Amazing! As expected of Hyodo-san!" Aaand, she buys it completely. "For me...well, it's a really strange story." She scratches her head. "Two days ago the Dean suddenly closed the school without an explanation. There are a lot of rumors about why she did it: the most outlandish one says two nights ago a burning and screaming angel appeared before her while she was driving home and she took it as a sign her and the school are cursed and need an exorcism."

Oh come on, that's the most ridiculous-

Burning and screaming angel?

Two nights ago?

No way. No freaking way.

[Fate has an impressive sense of humor, don't you think?] Ddraig snickers.

[I don't know: all the Sidereals I knew couldn't tell a joke from an order to suppress a Yozi cult.]

'Dohnaseek, thank you: even if you tried to kill me, without you I wouldn't have been able to meet Kougyoku-chan. Thank you.'

----

Elsewhere a certain individual completely covered in bandages sneezes, which prompt a new fit of pain.

Mittelt looks up from the fashion magazine she was reading. "Don't move too much or you will open up the wounds again."

"&$(%$%§ç!!!"

"Anytime Dohna." She flatly replies before going back to her magazine. "Just endure a little longer: the possessor of Twilight Healing will arrive in two days."

-----

Adventure: Shady District. Completed!

-4 hours to total amount of Training Time

+4 Xp for beating a gang of criminals
+1 Xp for gaining a Follower
+5 Xp for completing the quest

Side quest: Red like Roses Unlocked!
Conditions for Victory:
-Contact Ruby Rose
-Begin her training as a new member of the Supernatural World
-Do it before the time limit expire (1 Week)

Select your next adventure. Multiple choices are possible. Adventure options are temporarily closed.
----

Issei is an Exalted with a high Presence rating. Which means that, even when he's doing normal interaction with other people, he's constantly launching social attacks left and right.

Of course there are consequences.

Training Days I: A Very Busy Week (Part 6)
Day 6

[X] ?? = Void Aspect

"Ku or Sora, most often translated as Void but also meaning Sky or Heaven, in Japan represents those things beyond the everyday experience, particularly those things composed of pure energy. Bodily Ku represents spirit, thought and creative energy. It represents the ability to think and to communicate, as well as creativity. It can also be associated with power, creativity, spontaneity, and inventiveness.

KU is of particular importance as the highest of the Japanese elements. In martial arts one often invokes the power of the Void to connect to the quintessential creative energy of the world. A warrior properly attuned to the Void can sense their surroundings and act without thinking, and without using their physical senses."

[X] Conviction Flaw: Charms carrying this Flaw do not function when the character has taken some action during the scene that is contrary to her Motivation. If, during the scene, she has acted against any Intimacy, or a Virtue she has rated at 3+, then Charms with this Flaw add a +3m surcharge to their activation cost.

----

"How is Issei-kun's training going?" Kiba asks.

"He is a very fast student." Akeno admits with a beautiful smile. "He absorbs concepts like a sponge and have an amazing talent into manipulating his magical energy."

"Ooooh-! To receive Akeno-sempai's praises!" You silently cry tears of happiness. If you keep it up, maybe Akeno will even reward you with a kiss!!!

"...Are you having perverted thoughts again?" Koneko accuses you.

"But of course." You shamelessly admit. "I am a healthy young boy experiencing the spring of his life. It is required, nay demanded of me to pursue my desires with all my might and vigor!"

"..." Koneko stares at you. She takes a sip of tea. "...Still a pervert."

Kiba and Akeno have a hand over their mouth to hid their mirth.

Time passes like this, between playful banter and good tea, as you spend time in the club room together with the other members of the Occult Research Club. Sadly Rias is not present, citing the need to look after some 'issues'.

"Say, can I ask you all something?" You ask. "You know how it was for me, but how did your introduction to the supernatural world go? How did you become part of Rias-sempai's Peerage?"

At your question the other three stop smiling and look down. The good mood almost visibly plummets.

"Eh? D-Did I ask something I shouldn't?" You frantically weave your hands. "I'm sorry!"

"No Issei-kun, it isn't that." Kiba shows a forced smile before sighing. "It's just...the circumstances that brought us here weren't pleasant, for neither of us."

"Suffice to say, we were all in a dire plight before meeting Rias." Akeno continues, a determined look on her face. "Rias saved us and gave us a place in the world. For that we will repay her even if it costs us our lives."

Kiba and Koneko nod.

Such generosity! Such devotion! You are thoroughly impressed. You wonder if you can create something similar one day.

You put a hand over your chest, above your heart. "Rias-sempai is a great person."

"Yes." Akeno claps her hands. "So, let's stop with the depressing stuff! Issei-kun, we have yet to cover the Leaders of the Three Factions in our studies, right? We will cover it now.

Akeno-sempai assumes a lecturing pose.

"Each Faction has a certain number of high-ranked individuals leading the race as a whole. In the case of the Angels led by God, they are the four Seraphim Michael, Raphael, Gabriel and Uriel. Seraphim is the highest angelic rank, they have twelve wings to show their power."

"I remember them. Their names are recorded in the Bible, right?"

"Correct: they are powerful beings that existed since time immemorial. Next are the [Yondai Maou-sama], the leaders of the Underworld. Differently from the other Factions, the four original Maou died during the last Great War. To replace them, promising members from distinguished Houses of Devils were chosen to become the new Maou. It is said that the current generation is even stronger that the original Maou.

The four Maou are: Lucifer-sama, Beelzebub-sama, Asmodeus-sama and Leviathan-sama. The names of the original Maou became a title that the new generation wears with pride."

"Finally we have the Fallen Angels. The main group, their military faction if you want, is called [Grigori]. There is a Governor called Azazel and a Vice-governor called "Shemhaza". Next are the six leaders: Armaros, Barakiel,-" You catch Akeno sneering at the name before continuing. "Tamiel, Benemue, Kokabiel and Shariel. The Fallen Angels have more leaders than the other factions, but only Azazel and Shemhaza have enough power to compete with one of the other Leaders."

"Things like those are also the basics." Kiba says. "It's the same as remembering the names of the prime minister and the vice-prime minister of Japan as well as the leaders of the surrounding countries."

You raise an eyebrow. "Does this mean you know the names of the surrounding countries' leaders?"

"Sure. For example, in Korea we have-"

Before he could continue Rias walks inside the room.

"Please prepare for battle. You too Issei-kun." Her expression is very serious.

"Rias, did something happen?"

"We received an order for a Stray Devil's Hunt from the Arch Duke Agares."

It continues...Please wait for the next episode!

----

Learned:

[Hypnosis] A spell to plant a suggestion into a person's mind. A skill commonly used by Devils to erase memories and make people overlook abnormal events. Each suggestion costs a number of motes equal to the target's Willpower. Orders that contradict the survival instincts of the target, his Motivation, Virtue and Intimacies have a greater chance of the target shrugging the Hypnosis off.

[Bind] A spell to paralyze a target. Need contact to be activated. It costs a number of motes equal to the target's ([higher between Strength and Dexterity] + Essence). This spell follows the same rules of a Clinch, but using ([higher between Strength and Dexterity] + Essence) when renewing it.
----

In this DxD AU there is not North and South Korea. For a number of different reasons Korea is a single state. This will important later. Please remember it.

Training Days I: A Very Busy Week (Part 7)
Stray Devils. A Devil who was turned into a Servant Devil of a Devil with a Peerage who betrayed or killed its master. Cases like this are bound to occur. The power of Devils is great. Were you not Exalted, it would be incomparable to the time when you were a human.

So of course there will be those who choose to use that power for their own self-interests, going so far as to break the oaths they made. Those Devils leave their master's place and cause destruction at different locations.

That is a "Stray Devil". In other words, a stray dog who chosen this fate and lived only for himself.

When found, the master or the other Devils are ordered to eliminate them. That is the law of the Devils. Other beings such as Angels and Fallen Angels sees them as threats and they will eliminate the Stray Devils whenever found.

There is nothing scarier than a Devil who does not abide by any rule.

I went to an unused building located at the outer part of the town along with Rias, Akeno, Kiba, and Koneko.

Apparently every night a Stray Devil is luring humans to the building to feed on them. As such, there was a request from the High-class Devil to hunt it. Something like: "Since it has escaped to the territory of Rias Gremory, I would like to ask you to eliminate it."

Apparently, this is also one of the jobs of a Devil.

Eating a human...There are evil Devils like that as well?

[No, Devils are like that] Ddraig tells you. [This is their original nature. Modern Devils suppress it with culture, but the most primal part of them is naturally Greedy and Selfish. This is the Law of Nature.]

'The law of Nature...'

[The lion devours the sheep. The hawk hunts the sparrow. Such is how the world works and Balance is preserved.] Bright continues. [Civilization came after, not before. So to judge one as 'inherently' wrong is to commit the worst of mistakes.]

You don't fully understand, but you get the feeling your mentors are trying to teach you an important lesson.

Eh, you will think about that later.

It's midnight. It's a world of darkness. You don't like it when the Sun isn't in the sky.

There's lot of tall grasses surrounding you, and the unused building is visible far away from here.

"...There is a bad atmosphere." You comment, somehow able to read the mood of the faraway target. "This place...is soaked in the scent of death."

"...Smell of blood."

Koneko-chan concurs with you and covers her nose with her uniform after she says that.

Smell of blood? I can't smell anything. So it means Koneko-chan has a good sense of smell.

We enter the building through a door that makes a creaking noise when we enter.

It's quiet. Yet can feel the presence of an enemy nearby, and its intent to kill you is quite powerful.

"Ise-kun, it's a good opportunity to experience what it's like to fight." Bucho says with confidence.

"Do you want me to fight too?"

"No, an opponent of this level should be easy to handle. But you can watch what a Devil's battle is like. Today just concentrate and look at how we fight. Oh, yes. I will also explain the traits the servants have."

"The properties of the Evil Pieces, correct?" Rias nods. "Akeno-sempai told me each Piece grants a different bonus.

"Correct. Those are the Servats' Traits. I'm not a matured Devil yet, so I can't participate in the official tournament. Even if I could, there are things that I need to go through or else I can't play."

"Uhm, forgive me for asking, but how a 'matured Devil' become so?"

"First is to be eighteen years old. Then there is a public ceremony were young matured Devils fro noble families are formally introduced into society."

Sound like something straight out of an Eastern medieval society. Then again it's where originally Devils come from.

"The Traits are-"

Buchou stops there.

You know the reason why: the presence of the enemy and its intent to kill became much stronger. It's even worse than Dohnaseek.

Something is approaching us. Heavy steps could be heard coming down the dark corridor.

"I can smell something disgusting. But I can also smell something delicious. Is it sweet? Or is it sour?" A low voice is coming from above the ground. There is a creepiness in it that give you goosebumps.

"Stray Devil Vaizor. We are here to eliminate you." Buchou declares with hands over hips.

"Ketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketa..."

The abnormal laughter echoes around us. Ah, I now clearly understand.

This isn't the laugh of a human. It's also not the laugh of a Devil.

This is the laugh of a monster.

A topless woman appears from the shadow. But the woman's body is floating.

No.

STEP!

More heavy footsteps. The next thing that appears is the body of a gigantic beast.

Viser_manga.jpg

It's a grotesque being with the upper body of a woman and the lower body of a monster. The lower body has four fat legs with sharp claws and a living snake for a tail. From the size of it, it's definitely more than 5 meters tall. It's holding something that looks like a spear in both of its hands.

[Oh ho, what is this? A Chimera?] You can hear Bright. [No, I don't feel Luna's power. An Abomination then. Pitiful creature.]

[It looks like a strange hybrid of Centaur and, this world's, Chimera.] Ddraig sounds puzzled. [I wonder what kind of copulation gave birth to that.]

You don't wonder. Actually you would be better without knowing the answer for the rest of your life!

"Leaving your master's side and rampaging as you please definitely deserve death. In the name of Duke Gremory, I will gladly eliminate you!"

"You are cunning for a little girrrrrrl! I will rip your body, and colour it in red just like your haaaaaaair!!"

The monster barks, but Buchou just laughs with her nose.

"Grunts sure do speak in a stylish manner. Yuuto!"

"Yes!"

Kiba, who was near me, sprints ahead as soon as Buchou gives him an order. Fast. He's very fast.

"Ise, I will continue from the lecture before." Buchou says. "Yuuto's position is [Knight]. Its trait is speed. Those who become a [Knight] have their speed increased."

The monster is using its spear to attack, but it didn't seem like it will hit. Kiba is skillfully evading all attacks.

"And Yuuto's ultimate weapon is swords."

Kiba stops and suddenly he is holding an European sword. He took it out of the scabbard, and the drawn sword is reflecting the light of the moon.

Kiba suddenly disappears again. Next moment, the scream of the monster echoes.

"Gyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Both of its arms are cut from its torso along with the spear. Blood gushes out of the wounds.

"This is Yuuto's power. Speed that you can't follow with your eyes, and sword skills of a professional. By combining these two, he becomes the fastest Knight."

[Doubtful. The Devil boy's skills are rough and undefined. Still immature. Aim at his legs if you want to bring him down.]

'Bright-sensei, please stop suggesting how to best defeat my own allies.' You drily remark.

Suddenly there is a shadow near the monster's legs. That's Koneko-chan!

"Next is Koneko. She is a [Rook]. The trait of a Rook is its—"

"Damn inseeeeeeeeect!" The enormous monster tries to stomp on Koneko-chan!

Koneko-chan is in trouble!

...That is what you would say, but after all the training you have with her one thing is clear.

Someone like Vaizor...has no chance in hell to defeat her!

The monster's foot didn't hit the ground. It wasn't able to stomp completely.

Because...

The girl with a tiny body is lifting up the monster's foot.

"The trait of a [Rook] is simple. Absolute strength. And also very high defence. It's impossible for a Devil with that calibre to stamp on Koneko. It can't crush her."

Koneko-chan completely lifts up the monster. "...Fly" The tiny girl jumps high and punches the monster's stomach very sharply. The hit is so strong that the enormous body of the monster gets thrown backwards.

"Lastly, Akeno."

"Yes, Buchou. Ara ara, what should I do?"

Akeno-san is laughing while walking towards the monster that is on the ground after being hit by Koneko-chan.

However, before what is obviously a one-side slaughter can proceed, your instincts alert you of danger!

Turning your head you see the severed arms of the Stray Devil levitating and, still holding the spears, shooting towards Bucho's unprotected back!

[] What do you do?
----

If you haven't understand yet, those rolls were for noticing the surprise attack. This time you noticed it, but just in case I want to ask you this:

In the case of ambush or an opening attack by an invisible opponent, roll the attacker's (Dexterity + Stealth) against the victim's (Wits + Awareness).
Does this mean that the attacker must roll against a difficulty equal to the victim's Wits+Awareness? Or both need to roll and the highest wins?

Last edited by a moderator:
Training Days I: A Very Busy Week (Part 8)
[X] Get Rias out of the way while shouting a warning. Making sure you keep yourself between Rias and the weapons, cast [Shield] and activate Durability of Oak Meditation.
-[X] If an opening is available, shoot a full-strength [Fireball] at both arms each.

----

"Rias-Sempai! Look out!" You cry out as you sprint forward and put yourself between your sempai and the attack. The arms' movements are sluggish, either because this remote control isn't natural, because of the beating the Stray Devil received or both. But those spears could still hurt Rias, and that you will not allow.

You cross both arms forming a "X", a spinning magic circle over both palms forming a translucent golden wall between you and Rias.
For good measure you also activate Durability of Oak Meditation, becoming able for an instant to shrug off even lethal attacks.
The spears' tips bounce off the shield.

You stare. "...Seriously?" You say in a pitying tone before forming a fireball and burn both arms to a crisp.
"Aaargh!" The monster cries out.

"How dare you attack Rias." Akeno's smile turns feral. "I was planning to toy with you a little, but I don't feel like it anymore. Disappear."

Akeno-san puts her hands towards the sky. Next instant the sky sparkles and a lightning bolt strikes down the monster. The light is so strong it blinds you. When it subsides...

Vaizor is now just fuming ashes.

"Aahh..." Rias seems still shaken by the surprise attack. "Thank you Issei-kun."

"I am supposed to protect you, aren't I?" You smile. "Not that I wouldn't do it even if that wasn't case: Rias-sempai deserves this and much more."

"Thank you Issei-kun." She smiles, a faint blush on her face. She sighs. "To be caught by surprise by such a low-class opponent...Let it be a lesson of humility. Let's go home everybody, we're done here."

As you walk away from the mansion Kiba stays behind and continues the explanation about Evil Pieces.

Beside the Knight and the Rook there are other three pieces: Bishop, Queen and Pawn.

Bishops are granted great magical power.

Queens are the strongest Piece beside the King: they combine all the Traits of [Knight], [Bishop], and [Rook].

And, last, the Pawns: they don't have a special Trait, but have the ability, once they enter what their King acknowledges as "enemy's territory", to "promote" into one of the other Pieces beside the King. In short, they're versatile.

Akeno is Rias' Queen. Currently she doesn't have Pawns. There is a Bishop, but it's currently away, doing a different job because of circumstances.

When you reach an intersection you stop. "This is where we part ways. See you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow. Go home and rest Issei-kun." Rias waves at you.

"Rest? No can do. I need to train." You roll your shoulder. "Beside, I rested two days ago: I have a little bit of juice left and I don't want to waste it."

Rias's hand stops and her eyes widen, an action mirrored by the others. "Train? Rested two days ago? I thought it was strange...Issei-kun, can I ask exactly what kind of training you are doing?"

"Uh? Well, there is the magical training with Akeno-sempai,-" You count on your fingers. "martial arts training with Koneko-chan and my sensei, studying English, stamina training, etiquette training, going around doing good deeds..." You do a quick count. "Give and take, 110 hours of various training excluding school."

Their eyes widen as they do the math. "Issei-kun," Kiba breaths out. "when do you sleep?"

"Four hours every three days." You steal a glance at your watch. "I'm late! See ya guys!" You scurry away.

"...."

Surprisingly it's Koneko who break the silence. "....Surprisingly dedicate."

"If this is his Sacred Gear yet again, it's the most cheating one I have ever see." Kiba adds his two cents.

"Ara ara. Ufufu. What great stamina. I wonder if this applies even to other...activities." Akeno smiles lecherously.

"I will make him part of my peerage." Rias reaffirms her purpose.
----

+ 2 Xp for saving the damsel in distress (not really, but sure let's roll with that)

Training Days I: A Very Busy Week (Part 9)
Day 7

Despite the chaos of the past days, the week comes to an end peacefully.

You met interesting people and made new friends.

You studied, trained, suffered and in general pushed yourself beyond limits you didn't know you have.

Everything is just so...simple. You are sure no one should be able to learn at your pace. Does being an Exalt change so much?

Nonetheless, you finally reap the fruits of your hardships.

And what a fruit they are.

Issei gained:
Linguistics: O (Indo-European Language Family)

Linguistics (Intelligence): 6/30 days, 0/2 months

-2 Xp
Occult: O

Occult (Intelligence): 3/30 days, 0/2 months
Occult (Wits): 3/30 days, 0/3 months

-1Xp
Issei Gained:
Adamant Skin Technique
Cost: 8m;
Mins: Resistance 5, Essence 3;
Type: Reflexive (Step 7)
Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious
Prerequisite Charms: Spirit Strengthens the Skin, Iron Skin Concentration
Driven by her purpose and her Virtues, the Exalt becomes invincible. The Solar invokes this Charm immediately before the damage of a physical attack or similar effect is rolled. This Charm is a perfect defense against the raw damage of the attack, reducing it to zero after all other effects. As a point of clarification, this Charm (and its Abyssal Mirror Wounds Mean Nothing) reduces the raw and final damage of an incoming attack or similar phenomenon to zero after all other modifiers and effects. Damage added to an attack after soak is applied, such as by Fire and Stones Strike, cannot harm a character who activates Adamant Skin Technique.
Conviction Flaw: Charms carrying this Flaw do not function when the character has taken some action during the scene that is contrary to her Motivation. If, during the scene, she has acted against any Intimacy, or a Virtue she has rated at 3+, then Charms with this Flaw add a +3m surcharge to their activation cost.

AST (Stamina): 5/30 days, 0/2 months

-8 Xp
Irresistible Salesman Spirit
Cost: 3m;
Mins: Presence 4, Essence 2;
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-Basic, Social
Prerequisite Charms: Any Presence Excellency
The glamour of the Lawgivers inspires others to dream of glorious things. This makes the Solars the ultimate salesmen and recruiters. Irresistible Salesman Spirit enhances a Presence-based roll to exert mental influence and make a favorable bargain or encourage a specific action. This Charm doubles the Solar's successes on the roll before comparing them to the target's MDV.

ISS (Charisma): 4/30 days, 0/2 months

-8 Xp
[X] Spend some time with the Occult Research Club

ORC (Socialize): 1/6 days
ORC (Charisma): 1/30 days, 0/2 months
School (Intelligence): 8/30 days, 0/2 months
Training Days I: Completed!

+4 Xp for honing your abilities without rest
+1 Xp for having opened many new options
+5 Xp for completing the training
----

Next post is coming soon...

The Sister from the East - Part 1
You're on your way home after the regular club activity ended.

"It's already been a week, uh...?" You exhale while walking at the top of a fence like in Ranma 1/2. Why? To see if you can of course. You may be better at magic, but martial arts are just too cool to pass off. Beside, a Kung-fu Wizard is better than a Squishy Wizard, right?

Never mind the stares from the people walking in the street below.

[Feeling restless partner?] Ask Ddriag, your Dragon partner.

'A little. Since the attack from that male Fallen Angel there hasn't been news of Yuuma, I mean Raynare. It would be great if they gave up on me, but I have the feeling it's just the calm before the storm.'

[Possible, possible. My advice is: keep your guard up and, if they dare show up again, show them why it's unwise to mess with a Dragon.]

You chuckle. 'You're so hot-blooded. Are Dragons really like that?'

[More of less. Domination is in our nature, even if we suppress it, it will just show up later. So going all out once in awhile isn't bad.]

'Once in a while, uh? I can dig that.' You grin. When the fence ends you jump down. 'Where is Bright?'

[Closed inside her laboratory, doing Great Red only know. I swear I saw a robot walking around. A robot.]

...Ominous. That is not nice, but neither is Bright-sensei.

"Hawaau!"

Hmm? A sudden voice. At the same time you heard the voice from behind you, there is also a sound of something dropping on the ground.

When you turned around there is a Sister, a Catholic Nun, on the floor. She is spreading her arms wide open and has her face on the ground. That's certainly a clumsy way of falling down.

"Are you okay?"

You approach the Sister and give her your hand so she can stand up.

"Auu. Why do I keep on tripping over... Oh, I'm sorry. Thank you very much~."

'Judging from her voice, she is young. Is she the same age as me?' You take her hand to lift her up. As she stands up the Sister's veil flies off because of the wind.

Her blonde hair, which was hidden underneath, falls down onto her shoulders sparkling with light because of the sunshine.

2e1cdnb.jpg

—!

Your heart is taken by her instantly.

A blonde, foreign beauty is standing front of you. Both of her green eyes look so beautiful that it feels you will be sucked into them if you stare too long.

She looks exactly like your ideal girl (Blonde beauty version)! 'Is this is a flag!?' You're thinking something selfish like that.

[No, it's a Nun].

'...Ddraig, later remember me to explain to you what [Tsukkomi] means.'

Still, you need to say something or she will think you're strange.

[] Write-in.

The Sister from the East - Part 2
Eler0 said:
Shouldn't we get a stunt bonus, though? I mean just talking in Character counts as a one-die stunt, iirc.
Not that it matters much.
Right! Sorry I forgot. It's still a success anyway.
----

Think! Think! What should one say to a super-ultra blonde bishojo (beautiful girl)?

"Marry me."

Wrong!

[Woah partner! I said forward is best but slow down a little!]

'S-Shut up! It was a mistake!'

"Uuh...Sorry, I don't understand." The Sister looks directly into your face with a worried expression.

Thank God for the language barrier!

"I-I mean, are you alright? Do you need help?" You ask in Italian like she did.

...Wait, when did you learn Italian?!? No matter, you will investigate later.

"Yes. I was appointed to the Church in this town. Oh, you must be a resident of this town. It's a pleasure to meet you."

She bows. My eyes catch the travelling bag she is carrying on her shoulder.

Hmmm. Getting placed in the Church of this town. Staff reassignment? Looks like the Church is also having a tough time. This may explain the presence of so many Devils and Fallen Angels. Well Rias and the others aren't bad, so maybe it's for the best.

Ack, she's waiting for an answer. What should you do? You're so nervous, you don't want to do another blunder.

Wait, maybe you can use Irresistible Salesman Spirit. You don't remember Bright's explanation, but judging from the name it should give you the boldness of an experienced salesman: just what you need!

Irresistible Salesman Spirit...
-3m

Personal: 14/17
Peripheral: 40/40

Your insecurity vanish like snow under the sun. You pick up her veil and hand it back to her. "Here you go." I smile. "My name is Hyoudou Issei. Everyone around me calls me Ise. So you can call me Ise as well. What's your name?"

"Aah..." She blushes before smiling. "My name is Asia Argento! Please call me Asia!"

You do a mental fist-bump. 'Score!'

"To tell you the truth, I have been in trouble since I got here. Ummm...I can't speak Japanese that well...I was lost and other people couldn't understand what I was saying."

She holds her hand together in front of her chest and looks really sad. Nonono, sadness has no business on her cure face. You must help her!

"I think I might know where the Church is." You think there is an old Church in the outer part of the town. It should be the only one. But is that Church still even used?

"Y-You do! T-Thank you~! This is all thanks to God!" She smiles at you with tears flowing from her eyes. This girl is really cute. Yes, thank you God for allowing this encounter!

[Wouldn't God be against you interacting with a Sister since you're allied with Devils?] Ddraig asks.

'Surely God isn't so cruel to leave a beautiful Sister like Asia in trouble! And even if he was...then I will give my thanks to the Unconquered Sun.'

"Shall we go Asia?" You extend your hand. "To avoid getting separated." You explain.

Her blush intensifies threefold before she shyly takes your hand. "Thank you Ise-san."

'Oooh~! Her hand is so soft! I'm in Heaven~! I can die happy now~!'

[Cherry boy.]

You ignore your clearly jealous partner and took Asia to the Church.

On your way to the Church, you and Asia went past a park.

"Uwaaaaaah!"

What you hear is the cry of a boy.

"Are you alright Yosh-kun?"

A boy is crying on the ground, while his mother is trying to calm him. It seems like he just tripped over. He will be fine since he is with his mum.

But suddenly, Asia who is walking behind you walks towards the park. Obviously you follow her.

"Hey." Asia reaches the boy who is sitting down and crying. "Are you okay? Boys shouldn't cry with a minor injury like this." She pats the boy's head gently. So compassionate. Asia is such a good girl.

Since Asia is still talking Italian you're sure the boy doesn't understand what she is saying, but her kind expression is enough to convey her feelings.

Then, something unexpected happens. Asia puts her palms where the boy has injured himself. A green light orb appears from her hands and washes onto the boy's knee. Under the light's power injury starts to disappear.

'Ddraig, what is it? Magic?'

[Uhmm, no. Boosted Gear is somehow reacting to that Sister's power, so it's a Sacred Gear.]

Now that he says it looking at that light makes your left arm ache. This has to be related.

When you look again the boy's injury is gone, there isn't even a trace left. Amazing. You hope there are Charms or Spells that would let you do the same.

The boy's mother is in shock. Of course, anyone who sees unimaginable things will have a similar reaction. You did.

"Here, your wounds are healed. The pain should be gone now." Asia pats the boy's head and looks at me. "I'm sorry. But I had to." She laughs while sticking her tongue out.

M-M-MOE OVERLOAD!!!

The boy's mother shakes her head before grabbing the boy's hand. She shoots Asia a look of mistrust before turning away and starts to walk away.

The action causes you to frown. Sure it was incredible, but Asia healed her son. The least she should do is thank her.

[] Tell her something (Write-in)
[] Let her leave.

The Sister from the East - Part 3
[X] Let her leave.
----

You briefly consider telling her off before discarding the thought: such a petty person is not worth the effort.

"Thank you, Onee-chan!" The boy says and waves at Asia.

You smile: at least the son is considerate. "He said: thank you Big Sister."

Asia smiles happily after you translated for her.

"...That power..." You begin, unsure if she is aware of the true nature of her power.

"Yes, it's the power to heal. It's a wonderful power that God gave me." She looks a bit sad, even though she's smiling. Somehow it seems like she has some dark past or something.

You frown. This isn't right: the power to heal is an amazing gift, it should not bring misfortune. Did something like the boy's mother happen before.

Unforgivable. As a man, it's your duty to set it Right.

"You're pretty awesome, you know? Helping people with your power just because you can, I mean." You show her your best smile, trying to impress upon her your complete honesty. "The best I can do with mine is punch guys who cause trouble." I raise my left hand, a brief silhouette of Boosted Gear flickering into existence for a second before disappearing.

Her eyes widens comically. "You too Ise-san?"

"Yeah. It's Sacred Gear, right?" You ask in confirmation. "I'm not the only one: I know at least three other persons who have one."

"R-Really?"

"Really. This remind me:-" You cup your hand to the side and speak in a low conspiratorial voice. "Be careful when you walk outside: you may not believe me, but there are a pair of insane Fallen Angels in the area that kill any humans with special powers they find."

"That's awful!" She covers her mouths with both hands.

You nod. "Don't worry, I will make sure you reach your church safely. By the way, what do you think about me treating you to something? I want to show you that Japan is very hospital."

This is not because you want to have a date with her. Nope. Not at all.

"Auuu...Alright." She smiles happily.

----

"...Auu."

It's a strange sight. A Sister is getting confused in front of the register. Seriously: the Moe level is so high you risk to have a heart attack.

"W-What would you like to order...?" Even the employee doesn't know how to handle this situation.

You took Asia to a fast food restaurant at the business district. Only, it seems like Asia never came to this kind of place before, so she is having a hard time choosing her meal. That, or she can't read the Menu.

You offered my help, but she said proudly: "It's fine, I will manage it somehow.". So you have been watching her the whole time, but it's clear she hasn't much success.

Seeing the chance you help her. "Sorry. She will have the same order as me."

"Okay."

The employee takes the order. Asia on the other hand is shocked.

"Auu, I'm ashamed. I can't even buy a single hamburger by myself..."

"Don't worry Asia, you just need to get used to Japanese. It isn't a simple language to learn."

"But, but Ise-san's Italian is so good. While I'm clumsily..."

"Ah ah..." You scratch your head. "Not at all. I...learned it because of special circumstances."

Circumstances you would like to know.

The both of you head towards a empty table as soon as you got the meals while you encourage Asia who is feeling down.

While moving inside the restaurant most of the male customers are looking at Asia. It's because she is a nun, but also because she's really cute.

While the female customers...are looking at you. Even the ones who are with their boyfriends: of the latter, those who aren't ogling at Asia are shooting you glares filled with envy and hate.

'Is this what it feels to be a Harem Protagonist?' But, this doesn't exactly feel right to you.

NTR is a big no-no to you: courting beautiful girls is all well and good, but if they're already taken it's just wrong. How could you possibly deny others the chances to enjoy the affection of cute girls?

Love is the most important thing in the Universe! Everyone should partake in it!

[You sound like a hippie.]

'How do you even know what a hippie is?'

[It's something I learned from a past possessor of Boosted Gear.]

Right, you forgot: you aren't the first user of Boosted Gear. Maybe later you will ask Ddraig to tell you about them. What kind of people were your Sempai?

You and Asia sat opposite each other. Strangely Asia is taking a really good look at the hamburger and isn't eating it. Rather, does she even know how to eat it? Wow, what a strange development.

"Princess." You say in a slightly teasing tone. "You can eat this by taking the wrap off like this." You demonstrate how to do it while smiling.

"T-There's actually a way to eat like that!? A-Amazing!"

No, what's amazing is how cure you are Asia."

"You also eat the fries like this." Namely, with your fingers.

"Oh my!" Asia is looking at you eating the fries with very keen eyes.

"Go on." You urge her.

"Y-Yes." She takes a small bite of the burger and starts eating it. "D-Delicious! This burger is very delicious!" She says while her eyes are shining.

"You never ate a burger before?"

"No. I have seen it often on television, but it's my first time eating it. I'm moved! It's delicious!"

That...depends. There is a reason it's also called 'trash food' by some.

"Oh. So what do you normally eat?"

"Mainly bread and soup. I also eat vegetable and pasta food."

Such simple food. Is Church like that? This could also be Italian culture.

"Is that right? Then eat it carefully so you remember the taste. "

"Yes. I will eat it with joy." Asia starts eating it deliciously.

Uhm, now what?

[] Let her finish and then take her to the church
[] Let her finish and then take her to another enjoyable place. What place? (Write-in)
[] Talk about a topic. What topic? (Write-in)
[] Suggestions?

The Sister from the East - Part 4
Issei rolls 2 successes!
Difficulty is 1! Issei passes!
Asia had Dodge MDV 2! Not enough successes left!
But wait! Asia is Appearance 3, while Issei is Appearance 5!
Asia suffers a 2 Penalty to her MDV!
Asia Dodge MDV is 0! Critical hit!
Issei wins!

Praise the Sun!
Bright: "See how right I was?"
----

As you and Asia finished eating you come up with a plan. There is a place nearby that you absolutely have to show Asia.

"Asia? Do you have time for another little detour?"

"Y-Yes? Why?"

You smile. "There is something I want to show you."

----

"Uwaa! So pretty!" Asia smiles brightly as she kneels down to look closer at the canvas of flowers.

The place is a well maintained public garden. Obviously not the one where Raynare attacked you. This one has a crew of gardeners periodically taking care of it. From what you heard they're paid by a rich guy who lived nearby and wanted to have a good view when looking out of the window.

He will not find you complaining. At all.

"I thought it fits you." You crouch down next to her. "Lots and lots of beautiful flowers. Although, none of them are on you level."

"Wawa-what?!" Asia stutters, blushing madly. "Auuu, please don't tease me Ise-san."

You flash her a charming grin. "I'm not teasing you. Just stating the truth."

"Auu..."

'Ddraig?'

[Yes partner?]

'Becoming an Exalt is without a doubt the best thing that ever happened to me. Just look at me! One week ago I was a social reject and now I am swimming in beautiful girls and big, delicious oppai!'

[You need to get laid partner.] Ddraig sounds exasperated.

'Don't be so crass!' You reprimand him. 'The first time and all the stages before it is an unique occasion! I must savor them fully, so as to not have any regrets!'

[Whatever you say.]

The two of you spent a few minutes simply admiring the flowers before you decide that enough is enough and go back to the quest of finding the church.

While walking you decide to ask Asia something. "Asia? Why are you moving here? I mean, this isn't a particularly big or famous town."

"Ah..." She looks down. For a moment you saw a shadow covering her eyes. When she looks up there isn't trace of it. "They just gave me the necessary tickets and told me to come here. Actually, at first I thought the location was another, but then they changed it without telling me why."

You humm. Something unexpected must have occurred. Well it allowed you to meet Asia so you're grateful for it.

"Say, Asia?"

"Eh?"

"Want me to teach you written Japanese?" You propose.

"Eeh?!"

"Spoken Japanese isn't so difficult, but learning Kanji requires a lot of effort. Studying together with someone who know tem already makes it easier."

Never mind that, this way, you would have an excuse to see Asia again.

"I-I can't!" Asia firmly denies. "I can't impose on Ise-san any further! You already done so much for me, I can't possibly ask for more!"

"Nonsense." You wave her off. "Friends don't need a reason to help each other. Nor they need to limit themselves."

Asia's eyes widen. "Friends?"

You nod. "Yes. You and I, we're friends. We talked. We had lunch together. We had fun. Then you and I are friends. And I know a lot of people who would be happy to be friends with you too."

Asia covers her mouth with a hand. "Ise-san. I don't know what to do with a friend."

She doesn't? Oh, maybe she doesn't have much time to hang out with friends because of her training. Becoming a nun must be tough.

"There's nothing to know. Also there's nothing to understand." You insist with absolute security. "You just have fun together and that's all. Don't think, just live."

You snap your fingers. "You know what? Come to my house in the future: I will present you to my parents and make you taste a true Japanese home cooked meal. My mother's miso soup is the best."

"Auuu..." Asia is almost crying from the happiness. She bows. "Thank you Ise-san!"

You pat her head. "Let's get along from now on Asia."

"Y-Yes Ise-san!"
Issei gains the following Intimacy:

Asia Argento (Friendship)
Asia gains the following Intimacy:

Issei Hyodo (Friendship)
----

You finally reached an old Church after walking for a few minutes. Yeah, it's the only Church you know of, the only one in the city. It's just as old as you remember. You never heard that this place is still being used, but maybe they intend to remodel it?

However...

Danger

You can feel it. The old building appears perfectly normal from the outside. Nothing is out of the ordinary.

But you don't like it. It wasn't as potent as the unused building where the Stray Devil lived, but there is just something wrong with this place's aura.

Churches are supposed to be holy places. This one however gives you the feeling that, whatever it's housing, isn't sacred at all.

"Yes, this is the place! I'm so glad."

Asia shows a sigh of relief after having compared the location with the map she has. So this really is the right place.

That's no good at all.

[] Write-in.

The Sister from the East - Part 5
[X] Follow the girl
----

You don't know if your instincts are infallible, but until proven otherwise you aren't going to let Asia go to a suspicious place.

Not alone at least.

"You know, I've actually never been here before. Mind if I come inside and look around a little?" You ask in a casual manner, hiding your nervousness.

"The House of God is open to all who wish to enter." Asia clasps her hands as if in prayer. "If you want I will make some tea."

"That would be great."

Together you and Asia reach the door of the Church. Asia raps her delicate knuckles on the hard wood.

"Coming, coming!" A youthful voice answers after a few seconds. "Urgh, why I was given guard duty?"

The door opens and a new figure comes into view.

Highschool+DxD+Mittelt+Kawaiii+Render.png

It's a Gothic Lolita.

What.

Of all the things you expected, a Gothic Lolita with blonde hair and blue eyes wasn't one of them. What kind of Church is this?

"Ah..." Asia seems equally confused. "I...was transferred here...?"

"Ah, the nun with Twilight Healing?" Twilight Healing? What's that? "Finally! Quick, come: there are two morons who are in dire needs of..."

That's when her gaze falls on you. As she trails off her cheeks shift between twenty different shades of red as her mouth opens in a big 'O' of surprise.

And then she grins lecherously. "Hello handsome~." She says in a husky and seductive tone. "Wanna have some fun? You and I? Like, right now?"

""What?"" You and Asia say in unison.

Suddenly the Gothic Lolita slaps both her cheeks in rapid succession. "I-I-I-I-I mean!" Her voice is now slightly hysterical. "W-W-Who are you?"

"This is Issei-san." Asia, bless her innocence, is obvious to what really happened. "He helped me find the Church."

"I'm Mittelt! Nice to meet you!" She grabs your hand and shakes it vigorously. Then she grabs Asia's and drag you two inside. "Look I would like to chat, I really would like, but you need to heal a couple of people or they will get angry at me."

"I-I, of course but..."

"Great!" She shoves you into a pew. "Wait here for now okay? We get this done and after that we get to...know each other~!"

She giggles before blushing again and disappearing together with Asia through a secondary door.

Still befuddled you open and read the piece of paper Mittelt sneaked into your hand when she shook it.

78-58-79

This isn't a telephone number.

Those are her three sizes.

From the back of your mind you hear Ddraig's laughters.

You hope he chokes on them.

[] Examine the Sanctuary (Perception + Investigation)
[] Look around the Sanctuary (Perception + Awareness)
[] Follow Mittelt and Asia
[] Wait where you are
[] Look somewhere else
[] Write-in.

----

Basically: horny angels O:)

The Sister from the East - Part 6
[X] Follow Mittelt and Asia
You manage a Two-die Stunt!

Essence:

Personal: 16/17
Peripheral: 40/40

Willpower: 8/8
----

You can't stay idly. Mittelt doesn't seem a bad person: a very horny and straightforward person (you can relate), but not a bad one. But this place screams danger. It's impolite, but it's better that you follow them, discretely, to be sure they're safe.

You stand up and walk towards the old door, but stop when you notice something. It's not difficult, they didn't make any effort to conceal it.

The statue of Jesus Christ on the cross. It has its head destroyed. Around the base there are scattered remains. It isn't as though it had simply been broken, and part of it had fallen off. No, whoever had done it had taken malicious glee in smashing it to pieces.

You look around and realize it wasn't an isolated incident: all the statues, all the relics and religious icons in the church had been destroyed, or otherwise maimed.

You feel the hair on the back of your head stand up. There is no way this is a normal Church.

[You're right partner.] Ddraig's growls. [I held no love for the God of the Bible since he was the one who put me inside a Sacred Gear, but whoever did this is on another level altogether. This is no Christian Stronghold. Be careful.]

You nod. You open a tiny bit the door and peek through the opening.

A corridor: it's empty. Beside this one there are five more doors.

Cautiously you step inside and accost your ear to the closest closed door. You don't hear anything. The keyhole is big enough to let you peek inside: it's a spartan room with only a bed and a desk, and it's empty.

[What did I miss?] Suddenly Bright, who made herself scarce since yesterday, makes her presence know again.

[A lot. We may be in enemy's territory.] Ddraig explains. [Where did you go?]

[Helping with the worm's survival rate. Enemy's territory? So there's danger and possibility of combat? Perfect.]

'In what way is this perfect?!'

[You will see. I see you're doing an investigation worm. You have no training in it, but for a Copper Spider this is merely an inconvenience. Focus on your Anima and let the world whisper its truth to you. And when you do battle, let your emotions flow freely but with purpose. This is important, so don't you dare forget it.]

She's annoying and bossy as ever, but her skills are undeniable. Following her instructions you breath in you and focus you inner power on understanding through your Anima, seeking to find out what has you so on edge and if you need to destroy it.
Intelligence + Awareness + Stunt 2 + 1wp

Rolled 7d10 : 8, 1, 2, 4, 7, 6, 10

Four Successes + 1 Success

Against Difficulty: 2
As if by divine inspiration suddenly it all becomes clear.

This is a desecrated church. It was abandoned and now someone else uses it as their home.

What you sense is the holy aura that comes from being a place of worship. A power of order, righteousness and justice. But now someone defiled it with evil and selfish intentions. Not Devils, they would have just removed the aura altogether.

[And the statues were smashed as if whoever did it has a personal vendetta against the God of the Bible.] Ddraig says. [Like...someone who was or feel betrayed by him.]

You remember Dohnaseek's words:
"Raynare spend the entire day rambling about what she will do to you once her injuries are healed..."
"Sadly the nun will not arrive until the next week..."
"You have a useful Sacred Gear. Maybe I should take it for myself before killing you. Well, the procedure is lethal to the user..."

"Fuck." You hiss. "This is the Fallen Angels' stronghold."

[Of all the damn rotten luck...] Ddraig curses. [What will you do partner?]

'Find Asia and bolt out of here. I can't summon Rias-sempai inside the church or there will political ramifications. But, if they follow and attack me outside the church's confines...'

[It's them who will be stepping outside their boundaries.] You can hear the dragon's approval in his voice. [Partner, you do realize it, right? That Mittelt girl is probably a Fallen Angel.]

'I know.' You continue eavesdropping. 'But since she has yet to attack me and seemed nice I will refrain from judging her yet.'

"Why isn't it working!?"

A familiar voice!

"I-I don't know...it never happened before."

Very slowly you approach the final door and crouch down to look through the keyhole.

Yes, that's Raynare alright. Her face is covered in bandages that let free only eyes and mouth, but the voice and hair are unmistakable. And so is the shrill tone of anger in her words.

Next to her is a crying Asia. Mittelt is supporting her and trying to calm down Raynare.

And on the bed next to them is...a mummy? Wait, there is a fedora and a suit on the hat-rack: you recognize them, they were worn by Dohnaseek. So this mean...well, you burned him alive. But, ouch!

You feel a hand on your shoulder. "So, care to explain who are you and what are you-durghh!"

You react without conscious thought. You twist around, one hand covering his mouth and digging the fingers into his cheeks, while the other, with great reluctance...

Grabs his crotch.

"---!" The white-haired man's eyes almost bulge out of his sockets. He tries to reach for his pockets.

You squeeze and twist.

He freezes. With a final shudder his eyes roll back into his skull and he slumps again you, his consciousness having flied away to parts unknown.

You put down on the floor slowly to avoid making noises.

You stick your tongue out and shake your hand. 'Blah! I touched another man's junk. I need a shower and lot of bleach!'

[Is that what you're worried about? You almost castrated him!]

'Nah, he will be fine.' You go back to eavesdropping. 'The kendo club's girls used to stomp on my crotch a lot and it always healed back.'

[....Should we tell him exactly how strong he has become?]

[Why? This way is funnier.]

[Are you a sadist?!]

"See?" Mittelt says as Dohnaseek's arm heals under the influence of Asia's Sacred Gear. "It's healing!"

"Then why it doesn't work on me?" Raynare shrieks.

Mittelt winces. "I don't know. Maybe it's a curse? We can try multiple sessions of healing..."

"Enough with wasting time! Tell Freed to prepare the ritual and the device."

Mittelt's eyes widen. "Are you crazy? We're only supposed to guard it for the time being, we can't use it! They will arrest us."

Raynare leans close to Mittelt's face, eyes glowing with hate and anger. "Are you questioning my orders Mittelt?"

She hesitates and gulps. "Asia-chan will die!" She hisses. "I can understand a enemy, but she's an ally!"

"As if I fucking care." Raynare bluntly dismisses as she shoves Mittelt away and walks towards Asia, who is still healing the burned angels and was obvious to the whole exchange.

Eyes almost bulging out of her skull Mittelt stares at Raynare as if she couldn't believe what she just heard.

Raynare's hand gets closer to Asia's back.

'Bitch-'

You grit your teeth.

'Back off!'

Something in your soul clicks.

[] Dynamic Entry!!!!
-[] Write in for a good Stunt
[] Something else.

----
Personal Essence: 16/17
Peripheral Essence: 40/40

Willpower: 8/8

Health:
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ] [ ]
-2 [ ] [ ]
-4 [ ]
Incapacitated [ ]
Dying [ ] [ ]

Combat:
Join Battle: 6
Dodge DV: 4
Parry DV (bare-handed): 4
Parry DV (Boosted Gear): 4

The Sister from the East - Part 7
[X] Dynamic Entry!

This entire situation is wrong. Time to set it right.

[Start the silent count dragon. This is going to be Glorious.]

[Hell, yeah! Make them blue kiddo!]
Boosted Gear is on your left arm before you even know what you're doing, and the next instant your fist strikes the door hard enough to smash it in two. The top half goes flying across the room and nails Raynare full in the face before she can put her hands on Asia. She goes flipping ass-over-teakettle and lands against the far wall as you step over what's left of the lower half.
Raynare's Health:
-0 [ * ]
-1 [/] [/] [ ]
-2 [ ] [ ]
-4 [ ]
Incapacitated [ ]
Dying [ ] [ ]

*=Aggravated
BOOST

"Aah!" Asia jumps back in fright.

"What the f-" Mittelt curses.

"You know-" You begin as you remove imaginary dust from your sleeves. "If you'd told me you were going to be a yandere I might have had second thoughts about dating you, Yuuma-chan." You quip coldly.

"Ise-san?" "Lov-I-I mean, Issei?"

"Asia, come here quickly." You point first at Raynare and then at Dohnaseek. "These two are the murderers I told you about!"

BOOST

"Y-you! You mortal filth!" Raynare screams at you, getting the air back in her lungs as Asia scampers away from her still-mummified patient.

"OOO!!" Hollers the still-mummified patient as he falls from the bed and start crawling towards you.

"Yeah, me." You say, drawing on your essence and filling the room with the warm golden glow of your anima banner.

{{First Presence Excellency + Irresistible Salesman Spirit}}
"Raynare? Shut up." She clamps her mouth shut.

"Dohnaseek? Stop moving or your wounds will get worse." He stops.

You turn your head slightly and stare at Mittelt's eyes. "Mittelt-san, maybe you should consider changing teams. Yours is about to get thrashed. Beside-" You point at Raynare. "Do you really want to work under someone who is willing to sacrifice her own allies for her own interests?"

BOOST

She looks back and forth between you and Raynare, but there is no denying the fierce blush on her face.

"I-Ise-san?" Asia asks. "What's going on?"

"It's simple." You point at Raynare. "It's going on that Raynare, or Amano Yuuma as she called herself, lied to me about her intentions for the sole purpose of leading me to a deserted place. For the only purpose of killing me!"

You press on. "What were your words? Ah, yes: 'It was fun. The short time I spent with you. It was like playing house with a little child' and 'Sorry. You were a threat to us, so we decided to get rid of you early'. And then you stab me out of the blue with a light spear.

"What? He's the Sacred Gear boy?" Mittelts turns to Raynare, who look like she was barely restraining herself. "You said he attacked you with his Sacred Gear while you were discussing him joining us!"

"Don't-" She snarls.

"Don't listen to him?" You mockingly say. "Stop telling lies to justify yourself. The truth is: until I was on the verge of death because of the hole in my stomach, I couldn't use my Sacred Gear." You raise your gauntlet. "What's more, I didn't even know I had it."

Asia gasps.

"And you-" You point to Dohnaseek. "What did you say? That you were so annoyed by Raynare's ramblings that you decided to kill me to make her stop?"

Raynare turns to stare at Dohnaseek, first in surprise and then with anger. The male Fallen Angels seems to quiver under the stare.

"And now you are ready to remove Asia-chan' Sacred Gear from her, knowing full well the procedure will kill her?" Asia's faces loses all colors. "Do you really think it a good reason to kill a person? What kind of lowly trash are you?" You admonish them with all the zealous fury of your righteousness. "Reflect on your mistakes and repent!"

BOOST

Internally you smile. 'Full Change. Ready to go.'

"Shut up!" Raynare roars. "You lowly human, how dare you speak to a great Fallen Angel such as myself? Look!" She rips off the bandages, revealing a face covered in burns that were only half-way healed. She is even missing part of her hair. "Look at what you did to me!"

"And you think you don't deserve them?" You roar back. "Stop putting yourself on a pedestal and recognize your own mistakes! Also, you're wrong on both parts."

"Eh?"

"You call myself a lowly human? Oh, you poor Raynare." You chuckle. "But in a way I supposed I owe you one: by killing me, you allowed me to be reborn! Thanks to you I took my Second Breath! I surpassed humanity!"

You grin ferociously. "I Exalted. Even if the word means nothing to you, know this: whatever I am, I am your superior."

"But if you need a better proof..." You snap a finger against your gauntlet, creating a crystalline sound. "Do you know what this is?"

You drop the bomb. "It's Boosted Gear. One of the Longinus."

The eyes of all three Fallen Angels widen comically.

"I don't know if the order to kill me from your superiors is another lie or not, but they were right about my potential."

"...And?" Raynare hisses. "It doesn't change a thing. Longinus or not, you're in my territory. Surrounded! You think my forces are all here? I have over fifty exorcists that will tear you apart at my command!"

"Fifty-to-one? Even odds I suppose." You nonchalantly replies with the clear purpose of making her even madder. "But it would take too long, so I propose and alternative."

You point first at yourself and then at her. "A duel. You and me. Right now. Nobody interfere. If I win you disappear from my life, never to be seen again. Asia comes with me. You too Mittelt, if you feel like it: I don't think you will get far under this bitch."

Both blonde bishoujo blushes.

"...And if I win?" The 'bitch' asks cautiously.

You wriggle Boosted Gear's fingers. "Do I need to spell it?"

Raynare's lips peels back into a savage grin. "I will cut your arms and legs. Then I will torture you, using Twilight Healing to keep you alive and awake through all the process. Only when, and only when your soul is nothing more than a pallid broken shadow of its former self I will allow you to die."

A dark-blue light spear appears in both hands.

"Find a therapist. A good one." You reply back as you assume a martial arts stance.

[] Join Battle!
-[] Use a Stunt?

Issei's Join Battle: 6 dies
Raynare's Join Battle: 4 dies

----

Compassion: 4 uses left
Personal Essence: 16/17
Peripheral Essence: 26/40

Willpower: 6/8

----

After deciding who attack first we will, OOC, decide and roll for attacks and defense. Every post can include up to three different actions (DV refresh). Once it's done I will write the post.

For now just decide if using a Stunt or now.
----
Eler0 said:
I thought they changed that in Errata to increase the amount of Willpower someone needs to pay to resist?
Beside that, yeah.
megrisvernin said:
...Can you give us a fluff line in the next update indicating how much of a success that was? Even if mechanically it's the same I'd love a recognition somewhere about how persuasive we were.
Like? Is what I wrote adequate?

The Sister from the East - Part 8
[X] A Dragon Roars As The Sun Judges
----

This is a battle that you absolutely cannot lose. This is why instead of rushing head-on you decide to wait for Raynare to make the first move. Concentrating all of your attention on your guard you stay still, ready for whatever card your ex-girlfriend may decide to play.

She stares at you harshly for a few seconds before she abruptly turns and tosses both spears at the wall behind her.

BOOM!

"Follow me if you dare low-life!" She taunts as she jumps into the hole and disappears into the cloud of dusk shinning from the sunlight coming from outside.

'She's going to fly, isn't she?'

[Yes. Too bad.]

'Too bad...' You grin. 'That she doesn't know I have ranged attacks now.'

"Ah!" With a single well calculated punch you produce a shockwave that disperse the cloud of smoke. With your vision no longer impaired you step outside the hole and find yourself in a courtyard. Judging from the position you're behind the Church.

Boosted Gear raises and block the thrown light spear. The impact is heavy, but it's nothing compared to Koneko's punches. Or Bright's. Or Ddraig's tail blows.

Why there are so many people who wants to beat you?

You look up at the flying Raynare. "To answer your question: I dare." You smile as she snarls. "And that was kind of a weak shot. Don't you have anything better?"

As you circle each other a lot of people dressed mostly in white starts pouring out of the dormitory next to the church. Maybe sensing the tension they don't approach but gather next to the hole in the wall.

"What's happening?" Demand a gorgeous woman with a very short dress.

"Everyone!" Mittelt jumps between you and them, Asia hurrying behind her. "This is a personal duel. Raynare already agreed, so nobody interfere!"

'Good job Mittelt.' You mentally congratulate the Gothic Lolita.

"Do you see it now?" Raynare boasts. "It doesn't matter if you're Exalted, whatever that mean, or have a Longinus! In the hands of a low-life like you they're nothing more than toys."

"Tch, tch." You tsk. Poor Raynare: you did not like hurting her, even after she tried to kill you, but this is different. She had her chance and she was ready to kill Asia. You do not have Asia's ability to heal, the best you can do is protect gentle souls like her from evil. "Do you really believe that?"

"What can you do?! It doesn't matter how powerful you are: as long as I control the sky you will never hit me!"

"That's where you're wrong." You raise Boosted Gear and point its open palm towards her. "You don't belong in the sky!"

Your Anima flares, engulfing your body in a brilliant bonfire of Essence that burns from your feet to three foots above your head; you're sure you're visible for miles. Pure Holy power coalescences into your hand, hallowed fire made to purify this base Earth from imperfections.

Raynare's eyes widen in disbelief.

And now, to let your inner Ham free!

"With the power of the Holy Sun, I strike you down evildoer. Dragonwave!"
A beam made of Glory Incarnate tears through the air. Raynare tries to run away, but it's too late.

"AAAAAHHHHHH!!!"

The Fallen Angel screams in excruciating pain as her wings are obliterated and most of her exposed flesh burned.
Raynare's Health:
-0 [ * ]
-1 [ * ] [ * ] [ * ]
-2 [ * ] [/]
-4 [/]
Incapacitated [ ]
Dying [ ] [ ]

*=Aggravated
Lacking the means, and the strength, to stay airborne she falls.

Directly into a deep puddle left behind by the heavy rains of the last days.

You calmly approach her, noticing with satisfaction how the underlings seem paralyzed at the sight of their leader defeated in one blow.

With the flames having put out by the water Raynare drags herself, shuddering and whimpering, out of the puddle. You stop two foot from her and tilt your head as you look down at her. "I think I won."

"...Don't..." A barely audible whisper.

"What?" Does she still have the energy to talk?

"DON'T SCREW WITH ME!!!"

With an unexpected burst of strength Raynare throws herself at you, a light spear in her right hand. Because of the suddenness of the attack you fail to react in time.

STAB!

You grimace as the spear pierces your left shoulder. It doesn't go through it, but boys it hurts!

"Trash. Lowlife. Insect!" There is a wild look in her eyes that makes you think she's on the verge of madness. "Me, losing? Heresy. Blasphemy. Know your place!"

Something inside of your snaps. No, it falls into place.
-2 wp
-1 Compassion roll
-1 Valor Roll
Boosted Gear starts glowing.

"The only one..."

You raise your right hand.

Pieces of the gauntlet falls from it. Even as the damage heals the pieces starts orbiting around your right arm.

"Who need to know his place..."
The scraps of armor slam into your forearm. There is a final burst of light, and then...

"IS YOU!"

...You have identical gauntlets on both arms.

[What the-!] Cries Ddraig.

"REPENT ALREADY!"

Your Anima explodes. The great crimson dragon with scales of orichalcum that is your symbol appears in all his glory behind you, roaring his challenge to the enemies below and his alliance to the Heavens above.

Raynare screams.

Your right armed fist slams into her face with the force of a freight train, burying her head and entire torso into the ground.

[What the hell? Two Boosted Gear? No, it still feels like one, but double? You! What did you do?!]

[I will explain later. Now worm, decide: mercy or judgment?]

It's...not easy, but you can't betray your principles so easily. Even if she was a bitch Raynare doesn't need to die here.

You turn to the awe-struck crowd. Many flinch back as the dragon follows your movements. "Asia, please heal Raynare: she needs to face judgment for her actions, and she can't do that if she's dead."

The blonde nun hesitates only for a second before following your request. "Ise-san, your shoulder..."

"It's okay." You almost press your palm on the wound before remembering you still have the gauntlet on. "I had worse before."

Meanwhile the woman who questioned Mittelt finishes to gather together the broken pieces of her Suspension of Disbelief. She yells at the men in white. "Get the-"

That's when Mittelt's foot meets her face and she's tossed backwards with the force of a cannonball, sending many minions flying like bowling bins.

Unexpected, but not unwanted.

"What are you doing Mittelt-sama?!" A minion cries.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm defecting! I never liked this work anyway." Laughing, Mittelt displays her wings and flies next to you before grabbing you around the waist.

She looks up at you with eyes filled with adoration. "From now on Mittelt's body, mind and soul are all yours Issei-sama." She giggles lecherously. "Especially her body."

Maybe your proposals were a tiny bit too effective. Oh well. "I accept your vow Mittelt. Let's stay together forever." You put your right fist over your heart. "You surprised me: you're stronger than you look."

"That's only natural!" She says with pride. "I'm a quarter Oni!"

Eh? "Oni, as Japanese Oni?"

"Yep! Fallen Angels can mate with every race."

What a great news to hear!

The men still conscious, now that you think about it they have to be the Stray Exorcists Raynare mentioned, take out various weapons.

Is that a Lightsaber? 'Mine!'

"You think you will get away with this?!" An exorcist threatens.

"It depends." A new, rich voice suddenly say. "Can you get away with what you did? I think not."

At once everyone turns towards the city. There, calmly climbing the hill are the members of the Occult Research Club with Rias in the front and another person you don't know.

14o2mpw.jpg

What presence! He looks like a punk, but all your instincts are yelling at you he isn't someone to be trifled with.

"S-Shariel-sama?!" At once the exorcists freeze.

Shariel? One of Grigori's Leaders?

"I get sent here to investigate a few irregular orders, and what I find?" He looks up at your Anima. "Nice dragon."

"Thanks?" He sounds sincere, if a little disinterested.

"Shariel-sama?" Mittelt speaks up. "I officially resign my position from the Grigori!"

"...And what make you think you can do that?"

"I lied about my age! I'm only fifteen!"

Great! This means she can still grow up!

"...Another one." Shariel sighs. "I swear, it happens too often. So troublesome." A flick of his wrist and a barrier made of light forms around the exorcists. "You, on the other hand, are all under arrest. I will tell you why later."

"Issei-kun..." Rias greets you as she walks closer.

"Hello Bucho." You greet her back with a big smile. "You wouldn't believe the kind of day I just had." You point a thumb to Shariel. "I assume there's an interesting story behind this?"

"Yes, there is." Her eyes roams over Boosted Gear. "About..."

"Don't worry: the full truth. I was going to do it anyway soon."

"Good." She nods, pleased.

What a crazy and beautiful life you have.

[] Watch out for the second part! []
----

Confused? If yes, I succeeded in my goal.

The plot doesn't revolve only around Issei. In the next post all your questions will be answered.

For now I leave you with a new vote:

Because Bright, Issei now has two Gauntlets!

Boosted Gear "Dragon Twin" Mode
Speed Accuracy Damage Defense Rate Attune Tags
5 +0 +5B +2 2 *5m, 1wp M
6 +0 +4B – 1 *5m, 1 wp C, M

*Artifact and attunement cost is for a matched pair

What's more, they are now considered Fine Equipment. Fine Equipment add 1 to one of the following characteristics: Accuracy, Damage or Defense.

So decide one (note: both identical value for Gauntlet will receive the 1):
[] Accuracy
[] Damage
[] Defense

The Sister from the East - Part 9
Afterwards

While in the real world Issei Hyodo is sleeping soundly in his bed after the exhausting day, deep within his soul, in a place that no longer exist, two transcendental beings are facing each other.

"Alright, spit it out." Steam escapes Ddraig's nostrils as the massive red dragon is perched atop a tiny but incredibly high glass column that somehow manages to bear his weight without breaking. "How did Boosted Gear manage to be split into two distinct gauntlets?"

The receiver of the question, First Age Solar Twilight Bright Shattered Ice, stares at the sun in the sky. On her lips is a pleased and prideful smile. "Sacred Gears are driven by the power of [desire]. As the [desire] of their possessors burn brightly, the Gear answers their feelings and change according to them. This way is possible for the Gear to develop new powers and configurations beside the original ones."

Ddraig's eyes narrow. "I have yet to tell this to the boy. How do you-?"

"Please, did you forget who I am?" The Caste Mark of the Copper Spiders shines on Bright's forehead. "I had a lot of time, much more than I needed, to understand the workings of Boosted Gear. Some data is universal for all Sacred Gears, no doubt inserted by their creator."

"I determined that the standard progression and limits were too slow and limited. So drawing upon the connection with the Exaltation Shard I made it so the worm can greatly enhance the process by drawing on his Willpower and Virtues. This will cause gradual but fast changes as Boosted Gear grows accordingly to the worm's needs and supports a Solar's skillset. The more the worm's act on his emotions, the more suited Booster Gear will become."

"You did all of that?" Ddraig says in disbelief. "How? Sacred Gears are the masterpiece of the God of the Bible: nobody managed yet to crack open all their secrets. How did you it?"

Bright shoots him a smug look. "[Impossible] means nothing to a Solar dragon. To us, who slain the Ancestral Creators, limits are something that we surpass daily."

"...I thought I saw everything. Evidently I was wrong."

"Quite. Since we're talking about impossible things, confirm something to me: Dragons, especially one such as you, have an infinite lifespan. Right?"

"...Yes?"

Bright's smile if possible grows even more.

"Excellent."

----

You whistle a catchy tune as you stroll through the school's premise towards the Occult Research Club's room. After they made their appearance troops of fallen angels in full armor showed up under the command of that Shariel guy and proceeded to handcuff Raynare and her posse.

They have to tear off Mittelt from you as she refused their request for her and Asia to stay for a deposition. She only relented after you pat her head and tell her she must listen to them, that it was only temporarily. You also told her to protect Asia and she agreed enthusiastically.

After that Rias told you to go home, relax and go to the club's room the next day. After you had your injuries healed by Asia of course.

"Such an amazing power." You muse as you flex your left arm. "Yep: perfectly healed."

Not only that: yesterday during the confusion you managed to snatch away a certain something. You grin mischievously as you remove it from your pocket and activate it.

VOOOM!

"It even sounds like a real Lightsaber." You gush in fanboy-mode as you swing the Light Sword left and right. "Just wait until I show it to Matsuda and Motohama!"

You open the door and step inside.

"ISSEI-SAMA!" Mittelt yells as she throws herself at you.

"Welcome back Ise-san." Asia beams at you.

"Nice to meet you again girls." You show them the "V" of victory. As Mittelt sits on your shoulders you see who else is in the room.

Rias-sempai, staring bemused at you from behind the desk. Shariel, sitting on the couch and looking bored. Akeno, Yuuto and Koneko, who didn't look too happy. A completely healed Raynare, Dohnaseek and the woman who was kicked by Mittelt....

Wait. Run that again?

As soon as you gaze lands on Raynare she 'eep!' and hides behind Akeno. "One-sama, that guys scares me!"

"There, there." Akeno pats her head with a sadistic smile. "He's scary but harmless."

Dohnaseek growls at you.

The still unnamed woman cries: "How low have we fallen?!"

What the f*ck.

"I'm confused." You deadpan. "Did I fall into the Rabbit's Hole? Is this Wonderland?"

"No." Shariel says in a very serious manner. "After the seventh time a child from Britain ended in Wonderland the Queen of Hearts closed the passage. At most you could see a patrol of Knights of Hearts guarding the entrance and changing shift every five years."

A mosquito flies.

"That was a joke." He repeats in the same serious tone. "Sorry. I am not good at them."

'We noticed!' You all think simultaneously.

"Allow me to explain Ise-kun." Rias begins. "It all started after Dohnaseek-san attacked you." He gestures to the guy, who looks like he's barely restraining himself from doing something drastic. Mittelts' body shifts and he immediately backs down.

"When I heard the Fallen Angels possessed the method to remove Sacred Gears I grew suspicious. So I asked a certain someone to investigate the matter for me."

"Rumors of it reached us." Shariel continues. "So we added our own investigation. We found out that those three-" He points to the three Fallen Angels. "Not only created a base in the middle of a territory we forbade access into and recruited a lot of Stray Exorcists Grigori rejected because they are too bloodthirsty, but also falsified the official records to stole the Sacred Gear's Removal method and made Asia Argento, who was invited into the Grigori after the Church excommunicated her,-" What? Well this explain a lot of things, but what could have a girl as sweet as Asia done? "-come here instead of our headquarters."

Dohnaseek and the woman wilt under Shariel's glare. Raynare just looks confused.

"It seems like some high-ranked Gregori official hired those jokers to create a lot of chaos and whatnot. But who, and why, we will never know." He sighs.

"Why is that?" You ask.

"Because-" He points his thumb at Raynare. "She was the only one who meet him or her personally. And she can't tell us anymore."

"I am an amnesiac!" Raynare declares proudly.

What.

"You see Ise-kun-" Rias continues. "Asia-chan's Twilight Healing managed to heal her to a level where her life wasn't in danger anymore, but..." She shrugs. "Apparently she lost almost all her memories. Her personality also did a 180°, so to speak. She thinks Akeno is her big sister because they have the same long black hair."

"You mean..." You stare in awe at your fist. "That I managed to literally punch Evilness out of her?"

"More like you gave her brain damage." Yuuto deadpan.

"I prefer my version." You retort back.

"You're funny."

'I don't think you really mean that Shariel.'

"Anyway." He cough to clear his throat. "It's obviously our, Grigori's fault so we decided to give the Gremory's heir compensation. And since we also needed to decide on a punishment for Raynare, Dohnaseek and Kalawarner-" Now you know her name. "we decide to combine the two."

A wave of magic washes over the room. Black bat wings erupts from the Occult Research Club members' backs.

They also erupts from the back of the three Fallen Angels. Well, three Devils now.

"Oooh." You nod in understanding. "Fitting."

"I now have three new cute Pawns." Rias giggles. "And I don't even have to do anything."

"I will burn you." Dohnaseek speaks up, glaring at you. "I will survive. I will raise in rank. I will do anything to build up power. And then one day I will burn you. Mark my words."

"Anytime. At any place." You shoot back with a challenging grin. "I am a nice goal to aim to. An avenger aiming for my blood will keep my sense sharp."

"STOP LOOKING SO DAMN SMUG YOU BASTARD!" He roars.

Kalawarner keeps crying as she embrace Raynare, who is humming as Akeno...is cutting a few centimeters from her skirt?

"This place became a lot more lively since Ise-kun came, don't you think so?" Yuuto asks Koneko.

"...Noisy..."

----

"Now Ise-kun." Rias begins after Shariel left after Mittelts and Asia confirmed they prefer to stay with you. "I am waiting for your story."

"Of course Bucho." You say as you sit down on the couch. Asia and Mittelt sit next to you: convincing the latter to not sit on your legs...was a titanic effort.

Both gauntlets materialize on your arms. "As you already guessed this is Boosted Gear, one of the Longinus. This is the secret I kept."

"I can see why. Does this mean you have two Sacred Gears?"

"No." You contradict her.

"No?" She looks confused.

A little expenditure of Essence and your Caste Mark glows on your forehead. "This will sound outrageous, but let me tell you a story about another world..."

*a long, long explanation later*

"Let me see if I understand it right:" Rias is staring at you, mouth agape. The rest of those present is mimicking her. "You had part of the soul of a God from another world, that somehow and somewhere arrived into this world, inserted into your soul?"

"That's right. The Exaltation Shards are basically the equivalent of Longinus in that world." You cross your legs. "Also, I think now I qualify as a Demi-God. More of less." You add at the end.

More silence.

"Oh. I also have the spirit of the Welsh Dragon Ddraig and the previous owner of my Exaltation, who is a millennia old God-Queen, living in my head and speaking to me."

Absolute silence. It would be a while before they come to terms with the revelations of that day.

----

Beep! Beep! Be-Click!

"Hello?"

"Shariel here. It all went well."

"Wonderful, wonderful! Good job Shariel."

"...Was it really necessary to send me?"

"Of course: I needed someone I trust completely. I couldn't have screw-ups: Sirzechs promised to join my party on Dragon Nest if I made sure her little sister was safe and sure. Now I will finally be able to complete that dungeon!"

"...Can you please die in a fire? Better yet, go and tell Gabriel she's an old hag so she can smite you."

"Ahahahaha! Your jokes are as bad as always Shariel!"

"I'm not joking."

"Sure, sure! Now...tell me more about this unusual Sekiryuutei."

----

This is a story about a girl who was called the "Holy Maiden".

In a certain region in Europe, there was a girl who was discarded by her parents.

She was raised in a Church nearby by a nun along with other orphans.

The girl who was a strong follower of the Church received a special power at the age of 8.

She healed a wounded puppy, and a person from the Catholic Church witnessed it by chance.

From there on, her life changed.

The girl was taken to the main Catholic Church and she was symbolized by many as a "Holy Maiden" because of her healing power.

She used her power to heal many believers and they were told it was a power of divine protection.

Rumours brought rumours and she was respected as a "Holy Maiden".

Even without her approval.

She had no dissatisfaction for how she was treated. People from the Church were kind and she didn't hate healing people.

She instead was happy that her power was of use.

The girl was thankful to her power which was bestowed to her by God.

But she was a bit lonely.

She didn't have any friends she could open up to.

Everyone treated her nicely and was nice to her. But there were no one willing to become her friend.

She understood why.

She knew that they were looking at her power as something irregular.

They didn't look at her as a human but as a creature that could heal humans.

But one day, it changed.

By coincidence, there was a Devil nearby and she healed it.

A wounded Devil. The girl couldn't ignore it.

She thought that even if it was a Devil, she had to heal it if it was injured.

It was her kindness that made her take such an action.

But that changed her life forever.

One of the people from the Church saw that incident and notified others of the Church.

The ministers of the Church were shocked about it.

"A power that can heal Devils!?"

"Something absurd like that cannot happen!"

"The power of healing can only heal the followers of God!"

Yes, there were several people who had the power to heal.

But the power to heal the Devil was out of the question. The people of the Church thought it was common sense that the power of healing doesn't work on Fallen Angels and Devils.

Apparently, a similar incident had happened in the past.

The power to heal Fallen Angels and Devils that were not protected by God. But that was feared as the power of a "Witch".

So the people saw her as a heretic.

"Damn witch that heals Devils!"

The girl who was respected as a Holy Maiden was then feared as a "Witch" and the Catholic Church abandoned her.

She didn't have anywhere to go and the organization of "Stray Exorcists" picked her up.

In other words, she had to get divine protection from the Fallen Angels.

But the girl never forgot to pray to God. She also never forgot to thank God.

Even so, the girl was abandoned.

God didn't save her.

What shocked her the most was that there was not even a single person in the Church that was willing to defend her.

There was no one who cared about her.

But then one day a Hero appeared before her. He was as radiant as the Sun: he looked like one of God's Angel descended from Heaven.

The Hero helped her. He fought and protected the girl from those who wished her harm.

All he asked in return was to be the girl's friend.

"We're already friends." It's what he said.

And so, from that day on...

The girl wasn't lonely anymore.

----

Dear Grandmother Suika,

How are you doing? Are you and Mother still getting into trouble for rampant alcoholism? You should cut down on the Saké, if only to make things easier for Grandfather and Father: you should know their livers are not as strong as yours.

I'm doing fine myself. I regret to inform you that I quit my job in the Grigori: it turned out the official for my first mission was a complete bitch that broke a dozen of rules so she could steal a powerful Sacred Gear from its owner. Apparently I was the only one in the dark. Jerks. I am also pretty sure one Stray Exorcist was a murderous rapist psycho: he shot me such
looks . I didn't see him get arrested: I hoped he died.

But this is not important. Despite losing my job I am not coming home. Not yet.

You see...I met the man of my dreams!

First of all, he's
gorgeous. Like, hot damn! The first time I saw him I wanted to push him down and ride him until my hips break right there in front of Asia-chan and maybe ask her to join ask for his number! Yes, his cellphone number.

His name is Hyodo Issei-sama. He's a Dragon. Or a Sun Demi-God. Or a Sun Dragon. I'm not really sure, but he's the most charismatic and awe-inspiring person I have ever seen.

You see, there was also a nun: her name is Asia-chan. Would you believe it? Those jerks from the Chuch excommunicate because her Sacred Gear can heal the wounds of anyone, even Fallen Angels and Devils. It seems propaganda some times is true. And what she wanted to do my bitch official? Take her Sacred Gear for herself and kill her in the process. Asia is, like, the sweetest girl I have ever seen: a little naïve, but it's cute in its own way.

And what Issei-sama do? Burst open the door, nailed the bitch in the head with a flying piece and then proceed to talk the bitch and this other moron who was her accomplice into submission. I'm serious: he told them to stand down and they did. It was not hypnosis: he was just that charismatic. I had an orgasm I was very impressed.

Issei-sama wanted to save Asia-chan. He's so kind and generous! He also asked me to join him. I decided to accept when he challenge the bitch to a duel and defeated her in one blow.

There was also a Dragon. Apparently it came out from Issei-sama's soul. I don't know how it works, but it was so cool!

Later stuff happened. I will spare you the boring stuff. Suffice to say all the jerks received what they deserved.

For now I will hang out with Issei-sama. I'm sure he has very ambitious plans for the future. Check out for our names in the news!

I, of course, remember your teachings very well about how to handle the first night. I just need to find a rope resistant enough: Issei-sama is very strong, he would snap a normal one easily. Even if it would be nice if he were to push me down and have his way with me A strong one. Yes. A strong rope is needed. Any advice?

I wish you well. Sincerely, your granddaughter

Mittelt

----

"...Because of this, from now on Mittelt and Asia will live here." You finish the speech directed to your parents, activating First Presence Excellency and Irresistible Salesman Spirit to boost your chances for good measure. "Is this okay?"

Mittelt is sitting on my right, Asia on my left. Your parents whispers in each other's ears while staring at them.

...Huh, they are also looking at you. Your dad makes a single cough and then asks a question.

"Mittelt...-san and Asia-san, was it?"

"Yes, Ise-san's Otou-sama." "Yes."

Mittelt answers cheerfully. Asia responds back with a nervous face.

"O-Otou-sama.... Ku...I don't know how to put it, but having beautiful foreign girls to call me "Otou-sama" repeatedly sure does ring a bell to my heart...in a good way."

It seems like your dad is getting emotional. Getting called "Otou-sama" by two young beautiful girls will obviously make him happy.

Then there are loads of tears flowing out of mom's eyes.

"...Since Ise is like this I was sure that I would never see my grandchildren. I was always depressed that I had to worry about Ise living by himself even after I get very old..."

Like, thanks for nothing you shitty parents. What did you ever do to warrant this?

"I also thought that Ise would never get a bride. It's because he's Ise. The stupid son. I tried raising him so he wouldn't become a shame in the society, but that all turned out to be a waste since he turned out this way. If I could go back to the past, I would convince my younger self. By telling myself that "Be careful since that son of yours will turn into a worthless son who hides lecherous DVD inside his plastic mode-"

You flip the table. Literally. Anything to stop your dad from blurting out your most guarded secret.

You will need to change location later.

In the end they accept. Mittelts and Asia will live in your house.

Now, all that's left is to teach Japanese to Asia.

And convince Mittelts she can't sleep in your bed. It's too little for two persons after all. You needed a bigger one anyway.

----

"Worm: you did surprisingly well."

"Surprisingly? Thanks a lot. I am so very grateful." You snark.

"As you should." Is she serious? Get a clue!

Ddraig snickers.

"I think it's finally time to assign you your name." She continues.

"Excuse me? I already have a name. It's Issei Hyodo." You point out.

"I mean your Solar name." She explains. "It's tradition for every new Exalt to receive a title based on their personal deeds, attributes or virtues. This title will become their real names in the eyes of the Unconquered Sun and their Exalt peers."

"Listen well Hyodo Issei." Wow, this is the first time she says your name instead of 'worm'. "I, Bright Shattered Ice, as a senior Exalt I decided. From now on, your new name shall be...

[] Choose a Solar name for Issei. (They's usually three words that mesh well together in a conceptual way, or Issei's name with a two-words attribute before it)

----

The Sister from the East Arc: Complete.

+4 Xp for saving Asia Argento, heroine of the Arc
+1 Xp for performing a Three-die Stunt
+1 Xp for converting a Fallen Angel to your side
+5 Xp for completing the quest

+1 Limit Point (can you guess for what?)

----

Choose what to do in the next week. You can choose multiple action, but you must set an order:

[] Contact Ruby and Yang (High priority. Time is ticking.)
-[] Optional: introduce the girls to Asia and Mittelt.
[] Investigate the Snake Gang (Medium priority. You still have time)
[] Write-in?

Use Xp?

[] Yes
-[] How?
[] No

How do you use your free time outside school?

[] Training
-[] In what?
[] Training from Hell (Special training that grants Xp)
[] Training in First of the Daystar
-[] First Martial Arts Excellency (Must be chosen first)
-[] Choose one or more Charms

Training Days II: A Not So Peaceful Month (Part 1)
Day 1

You sit down on the pavement of your room and assume the Lotus position. Concentrating you enter meditation and reach the crystal city situated in your soul.

Ddraig is napping, while Bright is writing something on a table that, you're sure, wasn't there before. Why you say that? Because it looks like it was carved directly from the same material that made the rooftop of the palace you're standing on!

"Need something?" She asks without looking up.

"Yes. I learned the basics of Martial Arts, right?" Indeed you did. You don't use or know any specific style, but there is no doubt that your fighting abilities are now decades apart from normal brawling. "Then I want to start learning Fist of the Daystar."

"I see. I expected that and prepared accordingly." She taps her delicate finger on a quartz-like crystal situated on the table.

There is a shrill ringing. A hidden passage opens in front of you and from it something is lifted.

It's a humanoid being wearing heavy-set clockwork armor. Both his armor and face look like they are made of brass. Is this one of the "robot" Ddraig mentioned?

"Before learning the style's Charms you will need to learn the First Excellency for Martial Arts, called Essence Overwhelming. This Excellency must always be the first and most important Charm for the Exalts who wish to learn the fighting arts."

She continues explaining. "I programmed this Brass Legionnaire as a training dummy for you. It is better at Martial Arts than you, so to win you will need the First Excellency."

The Brass Legionnaire bows at you before setting into a stance with his arms wide. He's courteous, how strange.

"So I only need to fight doing my best?" You grin and raise your fists. "Sounds fun! Let's go!"

You change at each other. The Brass-guy doesn't hit as hard as Bright, but he's obviously more skilled than her. He even moves just like a human even if his skin is very hard.
+2 day Strength
+2 day Dexterity
Learned:

First Martial Arts Excellency
Cost: 1m per die
Mins: Presence 1, Essence 1
Type: Reflexive (Step 1 for attacker, Step 2 for defender)
Keywords: Combo-OK
Prerequisite Charms: None
Lawgivers with this Charm are known for their moments of brilliance. The Exalt's player can invoke this Charm when making a roll based on the relevant Ability. This Charm then adds one die to that roll for each mote spent. This Charm is the paradigmatic dice adder. The rule that Solars are prohibited from increasing a dice pool by more than their (Attribute + Ability) almost always refers to the purchase of dice through the use of this Charm. Characters can also use this Charm to enhance unrolled uses of the relevant Ability, usually to increase a Defense Value, for example, by increasing (Dexterity + Dodge) to protect against a physical attack. When enhancing static values, her player rolls one die for each mote spent on the First Excellency. Each success increases her effective (Attribute + Ability) rating for the task by two. Therefore, each success on the First Excellency roll increases an applicable static value by one. Characters cannot use this or other Excellencies or diceadding Charms to "create" actions. For example, if a character attacks on tick 3 and will attack again on tick 8, she cannot buy dice for an attack on tick 4 that only exists because she used the Excellency to conjure dice for it. A character who uses this or other reflexive Charms to add to an attack can also use it to enhance her defense until the next tick when she acts, but she must spend Essence for each separate roll she wishes to modify. This Charm can be part of a Combo or used together with the Second Excellency, but it is incompatible with the Third Excellency. It can never be used on the same roll as the Third Excellency.
----

In the morning, before school begins Bucho called all the members, both official and unofficial, in the Club's room. What you and the other found is a huge cake that was made directly by Rias. Since she got new members she wanted to celebrate.

A handmade cake! Of course it tasted deliciously so you partake in it without a second thought.

Everyone was present. Raynare kept hiding behind Akeno every time you happened to look at her, but upon Akeno's reassurance started talking with you a bit. It was strange talking with her like that, almost like a different person. It made you realize that causing a person to lose their memories isn't a good thing, but since Raynare was now a better person it was okay this one time. Rias enrolled her in the same class as Akeno's under her old alias "Yuuma Amano". She said:

"I don't know why you look so s-scary but I'm scared! S-Sorry about that! But, Akeno-onesama trusts you so I will do my best. Every time I think about that I feel the need to do my best. Please look forwards to it!"

Dohnasek still hated you with a passion, but it was more focused now. He declared with quite the smug expression that he was going to become a High-class Devil and surpass you both in power and wealth. Rias made him a teacher: apparently the guy has a doctorate in mathematics. He said:

"I'm a pragmatic guy after all. I can't change what happened, so I only need to make the best of what I have. Power is power, either as a Fallen Angel or a Devil. I want it, so obviously I will work to obtain it. Uh uh uh. Watch your back brat: I will surpass you in no time."

Kalawarner was...serving cake to everyone while wearing a French maid uniform. Apparently it's a fetish of her. She didn't look so depressed anymore, in fact she's even cocky. You suspect she's a bit bipolar. Rias made her take the place of the nurse who was vacant since the last one retired. She said:

"Well done, very well done. Taking us down like that...Eeh, it was a stupid plan from the beginning. Of course if I was in change things would have gone differently, so you were just lucky. Understand? Remember it well, because it will not happen a second time. I'm going to make this works and get all the benefits. Ohohoh!"

During the party you asked Rias if it was possible for Asia and Mittelt to enroll at Kuoh and she agreed: Mittelt will be a first year while Asia will be a second year.

But before Asia could start attending school she will need to learn Japanese, so Mittelt and you will spend the next few days teaching it to her. Luckily Akeno promised to teach you a memory spell to speed up the process greatly.

----
Update:

Occult: O > OOOO
Lore: OO > OOOO
Athletics: O > OOO
Learned the Spell:

[Language] A spell created to mimic the ability of Devils that makes people listening to them hear their words in the language they are most familiar with and vice versa. To use it the target of the spell must first learn the basics of the language he wishes to emulate. The spellcaster draws a magic circle with the specific equation on a object and the target must wears it always for the ability to work. Casting the spell costs 6 motes: they are not committed and the spell keeps working until the object with the magic circle is destroyed.
----

With the Fallen Angels' threat gone it's time to fulfill your promise. You type the number on your cellphone and waits.

"Moshi~Moshi?" What sorcery is this? Even when answering the phone she's cute.

"Ruby-chan? It's me, Hyodo."

"Hyodo-san! Finally you called!"

"Yes, sorry. I finally resolved that serious matter, so we can meet again if you want?"

"Yes. I talked with Yang and she agreed to come."

"Good. Listen, it's okay if I bring along two others? One is another Sacred Gear user and the other...well, it's better you see for yourself."

"Of course: the more the merrier! Where and when?"

----

"Who are we going to meet Issei-sama?" Mittelt asks as you, she and Asia walk.

"A couple of Sacred Gear used I met a few days ago. They discover their powers by themselves and know nothing of the supernatural, so I promised to help them. How is your English Asia? Mittelt?"

"It's my first language. Japanese is the second." Mittelt answers.

"It should be adequate. I think." Asia admits. "I never had a long conversation with someone."

"I'm sure you will be okay." You reassure her.

"...Ehi, Issei-sama?" Mittelt's eyes narrow. "Are those Gear users...girls?"

"Uh? Yeah: they're sisters."

"Uuh!" Strangely she pouts and starts mumbling. "Other rivals? Of course, who would resist Issei-sama? Uuh! I better hurry and claim Issei-sama first or some trollop will get cocky! Can't have them question my authority..."

"I'm sorry, did you say something?"

"Nothing important!" She smiles and hugs your arm.

Okay, if she says so. You're sure she would confide with you if it's something important.

You reach the meeting's place, the front of a renowned bar, and wait. You only have to wait one minute before Ruby shows up.

"Hyodo-san!" Ruby hops in your direction as she waves her arms energetically. And beside her...

tumblr_static_yang-xiao-long-cosplay-costume.jpg

Woooooo!!! A big-breasted blonde bishojo! What is this? I-Is this Divine Providence? Karma for your good deeds?

Wait. Since she's with Ruby...is that the sister? Wow, talk about nothing alike.

Yang, if she really is the sister, whistles and looks you up and down. "Would you look at this? Baby sister: you said he was good-looking, not smoking hot!"

She's positively leering at you like a piece of meat. Which...is not entirely unpleasant.

First impression is fundamental. What do you do?
[] Write-in.

Training Days II: A Not So Peaceful Month (Part 2)
[X] Smuthunter's Stunt
-----

Well, it seems like Ruby's sister isn't exactly a prude. Quite the contrary. However, you learned that interest is like a weapon: you need to know how and when to use it or you will cause a mess. In this case, being subtle and suggestive is the best.

Let's see, what can you tell about Yang? She came her today under request of her little sister, to see a guy she met by coincidence and promised to tell her about the supernatural...But of course she's here to see if you're a creep and protect her sister! You would do the same if you have a sister, or if it was Asia and Mittelt.

So, what you need to do is to make the best impression possible and convince her you're a good guy.

"And you look like you just stepped off a catwalk!" You say with a carefree smile, greeting her with your best western handshake. You don't try to hide the way you're giving her a quick once-over too but your eyes come back up to hers (and no lower, despite temptation) when you're done.

"Ooh, smooth. I like it!" She grins like a fox and returns the handshake with her right hand, while her left one playfully taps you on the shoulder. Her grip....she's pretty strong. No one to be cowed you return the grip with equal strength and no more. The two of you remain in that position for a few seconds before letting go at the same time. Her expression doesn't change but by the way her eyes shine with renewed interest you feel like you pass a test of some sort.

"I'm Hyodo Issei, Yang-san. These are my friends Asia and Mittelt," You gesture to them in turn. Asia bows politely and Mittelt curtseys, eying your reactions carefully. "They're both new in town and I thought they could use some help making friends. Is it alright if they tag along?"

"Eeeh!" Yang suddenly squeals. Fast as the wind she hugs both girls with one arm each and lift them up. "Aren't you the cutest little things ever?! You're cute as Ruby when she was little and dressed up as Pretty Little Princess!"

"Yang!" Ruby blushes in embarrassment. Is this the 'teasing privilege' that only older siblings and sempai get to experience towards their juniors?

Asia too is all red from embarrassment. "Ah, ah...Nice to meet you Yang-san."

"Ehi, ehi!" Mittelt pouts as she flails both arms and legs. However, you can tell by the slight tuning up of her lips that she enjoys the praise.

Still with both girls in her arms Yang turns back to you. "But who would have thought..." She says in what is, even for you, false shock. "Making two young girls walk around in cosplay like this." She tsk's with a vulpine grin. "Hyodo-kun, you pervert!"

Well she's not wrong, you are a pervert. A big one at that. But... "I didn't make anyone do anything. That is how they normally dress: Asia is a nun and Mittelt bought the dress herself."

"Eh?" For the first time her composure breaks. She looks down at the girls she's smothering with her breasts. Uuh, you wish you were there in their place! "Is that true?"

"Yes." Asia answers. "Though, I'm still young so I am only a novitiate."

"I like frills." Mittelt states with simplicity.

"Ah ha!" Ruby points a finger in triumph. "Busted! And there is no way Hyodo-san is a pervert!"

No, no, you're a pervert. Really.

"Eh eh..." Yang giggles in embarrassment and sticks her tongue out.

This is all very 'moe', but Asia and Mittelt are starting to look uncomfortable. "Shall we sit while we talk?" You point to the cafè. "My treat."

Technically it's your dad's, who folded like a castle of cards when you tell him you were going to take out the girls.

----

"A Chocolate Parfait Deluxe with cream topping, please."

"I will take one too!"

"Me too."

"Two more please."

As the Parfaits arrive and the four of you start eating with gusto Yang nudges you with the elbow. "Ehi: look at that." She whispers. "What do you think?"

You look in the direction she's pointing. Uh, all the male patrons, those without female company at least, are glaring at you with undisguised envy and killing intent, bitter streams of tears flowing from the eyes of some.

"Uh.." You choose your next words carefully. "They're resenting me because I'm in good company and they're not?"

"You can bet on that!" She winks. "Do you enjoy it?"

"Not really."

"Eh?" You can tell it's not the answer she was expecting.

You smile. "Instead of caring about someone who is hostile towards me and I don't know I prefer to look at you all and enjoy the good company." You put another spoonful of parfait in your mouth.

It takes great control to not spit it out when Yang energetically slaps your back. "Flatterer! But don't think I will fall so easily! How many hearts did you break until now?"

"No one." You cough. "I would jump off a cliff first rather than doing something as unforgivable as betraying a girl's feelings."

"Oooh, so serious." Yang leans forward, almost touching your face. "You're a rare breed, aren't you?"

"Are they flirting?" Ruby asks Mittelt with a whisper.

"Yes. Yes they are." Mittelt answers, annoyed.

"It has to be..." Asia looks troubled. "Yang-san is very beautiful, so even Ise-san will also like her.... No, no. I can't think like that! Oh, lord. Please forgive my sinful heart." And then she starts praying.

Very quickly you and Yang pull apart, both with a faint blush on your faces. "So, uhm-" You try to disperse the awkward atmosphere. "Sorry if I sound intrusive, but: Ruby-san, Yang-san, as a sisters you don't look much...alike?"

"That's easy: I'm adopted. But me and Ruby grew up together." That explains it. But sensing it's not an argument to be discusses casually you don't pry further. "What about you?" She looks in turn at you, Asia and Mittelt.

"Oh. That, is an amazing story..."

----

Later, in a secure location...

"...And then, as Raynare was going to grab Asia-chan the door burst apart, a flying broken piece nailing the bitch right in the face. Then Ise-kun enters with a confident stride, like a knight interrupting the forced wedding of the wicked warlord and chaste princess!"

"Oooh..." As Mittelt continues to recap the story gesturing wildly Ruby and Yang stares at her with fascinated eyes.

"Yes!" Asia claps her hands. "Ise-kun looked so gallant! He saved me even before I knew I was in danger."

"Eh eh..." You scratch your head in mild embarrassment.

As the girls finish to tell the story Ruby jumps up and do a fist-bump in the air. "As expected from Hyodo-san! You are really a hero!"

"Just doing what needed to be done. I couldn't very well leave such a wicked plot unfold. Everyone would have done the same."

"No no, that was pretty impressive." Yang muses. "I was skeptic at first, but there is no way those girls are lying."

"Ah ah!" You laugh. "I can't tell lies to save my life! I'm so transparent that anyone would be able to tell, so there is no point even if I want to."

Yang humms. "Yes, I can see that now. So..." She grins. "Can we see this amazing 'Boosted Gear'?"

"Sure!" You spread your arms. "Boosted Gear!"

BOOST!

With a burst of golden flames Boosted Gear in "Dragon Twins" mode (as you decided to call it) appear on your forearms. At the same time your Caste Mark glows on your forehead.

"Those claws look sharp." She whistles. "Still, my own are better. Ember Celica!"

She slams her fists together. The next instant an aura of fiery flames surrounded her. When it dissipates...

miyn8p.jpg

She has a pair of golden gauntlets on her forearms.

[Look at that.] Ddraig speaks up. [So I was right after all.]

'You recognize it?'

[That's another of the "Magnus", the unique Sacred Gears of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Those are "War's Gauntlets", wielded by the Horseman of War. A Holy weapon, it possess the power to "create explosions of fire". A simple ability, but it has a wide range of applications, like increasing the damage dealt or using the flames as a propulsion like those "planes". The user is also immune to flames, both its own and those created by others. Answer this: what is an enemy that fights while constantly on fire, with explosions going off around him like there is no tomorrow?]

'A nightmare.'

[Precisely.]

"Let's spar!" Yang says suddenly. "I want to see first-hand how good you are."

"Y-You mustn't!" Asia protests. "That's dangerous!"

"Don't worry Asia-chan." She winks. "If we get hurt you will heal us, right?"

For moment you consider protesting. Then you sigh and with a grin raise your clenched fists. "There's no dissuading you, isn't it?"

"Nope~!" She answers cutely as she gets into a boxer's stance.

Really, what a hot-blooded woman.

You are liking her more and more.

BOOST!
Overdrive Pool: 18 motes
[] Join Battle!
-[] Use a Stunt?

Issei's Join Battle: 6 dies
Yang's Join Battle: 5 dies
----
Personal Essence: 14/17
Peripheral Essence: 35/40

Willpower: 7/8
----

The Join Action is to see who act first, so there is no need to write an attack yet.

This a friendly spar, so both Issei and Yang will stop before inflicting grievous damage. For the sake of narrative, all the damages dealt will be Bashing and disappear at the end.

Suggestion: start looking for Terrestrial Martial Arts. Both the 1st Edition only and fan-made ones are acceptable. This knowledge will be useful for a future vote.

Training Days II: A Not So Peaceful Month (Part 3)
[X] Burning Passion

You hop a few steps, a ferocious grin on your face. She smiles back, bouncing in more ways than one (you resist the urge to look down: it's very hard, but you manage somehow), and then both of you move. Fist meet fist, metal meets metal, wind and sound fills the clearing as both let loose a powerful right uppercut.

A second one, her left one and you spin just so, that her gauntlets brush your shirt. Your right hand, still outstretched, twists in a knife strike while your left fist blurs forward, your entire body becoming a hammer of centrifugal force coated in wind. This is an advanced technique, you only managed to use it in real combat thanks to First Martial Arts Excellency.

As both of you jump back to evade the last exchange, it also helped that both hold back from striking true, the only sound in the clearing....

RIP!

"Uhoh!" "Ah!" "Wa-!" Say your audience.

Is ripping cloth. Her gauntlets still have a large piece of your jacket in its links, and your eyes nearly bulge as her coat's buttons falls from one of the spikes of your gauntlet.

"Erm, ops?" You both say at the same time. She shrugs the coat off, and you do the same to your jacket, leaving you in a short-sleeved form-fitting red shirt.

Before she can fully process your previous exchange you decide to try something you saw a few days ago on TV.

'I invoke the power of Youth!'

Dashing inside her guard you open with an left elbow strike that meets her right gauntlet just as you grab her right arm with the same hand. Your left hand pushes, enough to throw her UP, but not enough to seriously injure her as a punch would.
Issei channels his Valor!

-1wp

Strength 2 + Athletics 3 + Valor 3 = 8
"Awesome!" Instead of panicking Yang cries in delight as she's tossed five yards in the air.
Monkey Leap Technique
As she spin into the air your Anima flares: the Dragon coils as you legs bend and straighten, pushing you to meet her.

"That's a real Dragon!" You hear Ruby screams in delight.

Yang is no damsel however, so even airborne and eyes widen in surprise her fists burn brightly with unmatched ferocity. You block a fearsome hook with both hands and a jab that nearly pushes you away.

"This is amazing! I was never pushed so far before!"

"Oh? This is still nothing!" Both you and your dragon grin.

Once more you twist just so: centrifugal force is diverted and applied, your right clawed hands finding purchase into the folds of her gauntlet and spinning yourself to face her back and lock her upside down with your hands firmly around her waist.

You're oh-so-very tempted to rise or lower them a little bit. 'I mean: wow, this is one toned body! I bet she's very firm and supple....Nononono! I need to concentrate!'

[It's better you do.]

"Omote Renge (Front Lotus)!!!"

As the dragon coils around her magnificent body, the wings covering the two of you from view, you remember this move is supposed to be lethal and reposition her half a second before you both meet the ground.

When the Dragon temporarily fades from view, instead of a piledriver you're holding her on your arms in a princess carry.

As the others stare in disbelief at the stunt you just pulled off you bow to them as if you just finished a performance, Yang still in your arms. You need to lower them to avoid burying your face in her breasts.

Damn. Your self-control is falling! It's falling hard!

"How was that?" You ask the still shocked Yang.

In her defense she recovers quickly and grin. "Satisfying."

"Only satis-"

That's when her left elbow slams in your face. Quickly letting go of her you do a backward somersault as she performs a series of quick kicks. She steps forward, fist spinning and releasing a bone-rattling uppercut that you parry with both gauntlets.

And then all you see are flames and force.

"Yang!" Ruby exclaims horrified as the place where you are standing is obscured in smoke.

"Don't worry,-" Yang waves her off. "I held...back..."

The words die in her mouth as you step outside the smoke perfectly fine, clothes not even singed.
Adamant Skin Technique
"If that was you holding back I can't wait to see your full power in action Yang-san." You remove imaginary dust from your arms. "Though, I advise against repeating the recent performance in the future."

You point behind her. As she follows your finger she pales as, behind Asia who is sighing in relief, Mittelt is holding up an enormous hammer made of light the size of three full grown men, eyes alight with fury and steam escaping from her pretty nostrils.

"Mittelt takes my wellbeing very seriously." You stress the words.

"Uuh...Sorry?" The blonde asks meekly as she claps her hands.

There are a few moments of tense silence before Mittelt dispels the hammer.

"Ara? Something happened?" Asia asks innocently, looking around in confusion. Bless her soul, she missed the whole thing.

"Nothing, nothing." You answer her before turning to Yang and flexing your fingers, a confident grin on your face. "Ready to round two?"

Her cocky grin returns twofold. You could almost swear her violet eyes turned red for an instant. "It's refreshing letting loose my powers like this. I couldn't use them on normal people, so I only had Ruby as a sparring partner."

"That's understandable. But let assured: Yang-san, Ruby-san-" Your Anima flares, its golden like surrounding you like the power of a Super Sayan. "The Supernatural World, it's full of strong and outrageous people!"

"Ohh!" An aura of fire surrounds Yang. "I can't wait to meet them!"

[] Choose Issei's Next Action
----
Overdrive Pool: 8 motes
Personal Essence: 14/17
Peripheral Essence: 28/40

Willpower: 7/8
----

Remember to click on the post's Title before reading.

Omake - 3
megrisvernin said:
It's a fine scene but Yang comes across just a little OC. She flirts sure but I don't think she'd be quite that explicit.

Unless can someone tell me if a stunt can actually have that kind of outcome? Make a character act OC even if they aren't the target of social charms?

Yeah thats What I get for rushing my writing. Now that I can spare the time, let me try again.

Alexander said:
Guys? I can't tell you what to vote.

But please, keep it low. Can we just end the spar in a simple manner? You're burning all the stops too quickly.

Your words inspired me.

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?" You throw away your shirt, and you could feel Mittelt's stare from the sidelines, retuning in good company, as Ruby and Asia seem to be stealing glances at your naked torso. You enjoy it.

"You sure don't seem to mind taking clothes off." She grins, slowly, but surely gaining ground on you.

"I could only wish you were the same."

Her eyes widen comically and she nearly trips, and you can hear gasps from the sidelines.

"Too much?" You ask.

Wide eyed, crimson faced Yang nods. "Too much, too fast boy. That would got you slapped by any girl other than me."

You embarrasedly scratches the back of your head, then it fully registers and you freeze. "Other then you?"

She grins savagely and bend forward a little more, before blasting (literally) in your direction. "I'm" Right hook meets gauntlet "more, left blocks a blow aimed to the stomach "of" then you ducks under a jab "a" that turns into a hammer blow "punching" before she spins a kick that you had to use both forearms to guard "girl!" abruptly stopping, both hands come from their sides, and you adjusts your crossed arms stopping both fists with your palms.

Both of you are panting, and although she seems intent on punishing you, she doesn't seem angry, instead she seems to be enjoying it greatly. "Too much indeed." You taunt. "Guess I'm too much for a single woman." She smirks, and you just notice the glow coming from your palms. Oh shi-

Leaning back at the last second, streams of fire pass right in front of your face, as you kick her in the gauntlets to gain space.

"Tired already?" She shoots a fireball, but you deflect it, felling one unfortunate tree.

"Oh, please, I can keep going for days..." You deflect anothe, carefully aiming it up. "Do you have to throw your stuff all over? Can't you see you're making a mess?"

She tenses and its the signal for the third and final round. "Less talk, more action!"

Trailing fire, she flies feet first in your direction, and you're forced to slide a couple of meters back over the impact, and bend your knees to dissipate the strenght of the double kick. She somersaults back, feet lashing into a second, spinning kick.

You retaliate, your hands blurring forward, but that girl has rockets on hands that she shots twice to somersault again over you. your senses sharpen on that split of second that takes the mechanic of her weapons to shoot, and you spin like in that movie, between the two streams of her stuff, landing on a crouch, shooting one packed with your essence all over her body, hard enough that she is blown backwards.

You are on your knees, she's on her back. Both are exhausted and sore from exertion, but not enough that you couldn't talk.

"How it was?"

She nearly moans. "That was the best I had in ages, no ever!"

Red faced Mittelt approaches you both, and was about to speak before Ruby jumps you both in a hug inadvetently throwing your faces a milimeter from each other. "That was awesome! I wanna go next!"

Thats not a vote, thats just my fingers moving on the keyboard. Hope it was more IC though.

Training Days II: A Not So Peaceful Month (Part 4)
[X] Silversun17's Plan (And Music)
----

A strong wind rips through the area. causing Yang's hair to ripple like the flames she wields in battle. As the breeze blows Yang falls into a Muay Thai stance. Her leg isn't raised, but her arm's guard is too high to be boxing. The angulation is wrong too.

"First boxing and now Muay Thai? So you studied more than one type of martial art?"

She looks surprised for a moment before shrugging. "Just those who caught my fancy. Relying on only one style makes one predictable."

Yes, but it also prevent one from reaching mastery in a field. The price of versatility you suppose. In response you fall into the most basic stance of Fist of the Daystar (something you copied from the Brass Legionnaire) and a spark of curiosity lights in Yang's eyes at your unfamiliar stance. "What style is that? I don't recognize it."

"This is a secret art no one else know about." You reply with a cocky grin. "The [Fist of the Daystar], a style made by heroes for other heroes."

"Oh? Interesting. Show it to me!" She says excited.

She only has to ask. With a flick of your left foot the remains of your jacket flies into the air disrupting Yang's view of you for a brief moment. Your right foot drives into the earth sending grass flying into the air as you accelerate towards Yang. Just before you came into range to strike her view clear and she struck forward meeting your fist with her own.

BOOM!

Grass and pebbles are blown away as fire and Solar Essence meet each other. The two of you stand there completely still for a heartbeat before both of you punch with your free hands. Blow after blow is shared in a cacophony of steel and hallowed metal, neither fighter giving any ground; punches are thrown, blocked, countered and taken as the tempo of the fight grows, the aura's of the fighters blazing with light and fire. You step to the side as a knee strike comes up and Yang spins in place dodging your answering blow, bringing her foot up in a roundhouse kick which you block with one of your gauntlets. The opening this created was seized by Yang instantly with an upper cut.

You lean back and the blow fails to connect but Yang instead grabs your collar with her hand and tears part of the garment from your body in a single movement. You leap back and watch as the your shirt turns to ash from the heat created Yang's aura. Your eyebrow raises in honest curiosity as she gives you a cheeky grin, blatantly leering at your sweat covered chest (that got a lot more ripped since your Exaltation) even as you appreciated how her sweat soaked clothes clung to every curve and contour of her body. You don't dare prolonging the appreciative glance for more than half a second, already feeling your self-control faltering.

You hear a thud and turn to see Asia lying on the ground red as a tomato while Ruby worriedly tried to wake her. Meanwhile a certain fallen angel is holding a video camera she got from somewhere, obscuring her face except for a large lecherous grin.

'Oookay. Who vote for stopping it now before we all start doing choices we will regret later?'

[I fully agree.] One vote from Ddraig.

[Do what you want.] One vote from Bright. Kinda.

"I propose we stop this here." You tell Yang, who only grin in response.

"Why, tired already?"

"Hardly: I can perform continuous heavy exertion in any kind of activity for seven hours." You grin as she gapes. "But-" You pick up the remains of your jacket and put them up, trying to hide the hole in your shirt and failing. "I prefer to go back home without being bare-chested. Since, well, I am sure this warrant an arrest."

"If you say so~!"

"...You did that on purpose, did you?"

"Maybe~....?"

As the smirks on the lips of both reach a new level of cockiness you mentally write down a new objective. Below "Make Ruby the best Heroine of Justice possible", you add the following:

"Seduce the hell out of Yang to have awesome fights and awesome sex with her"

----

After Asia regained consciousness you proceed with the long promised explanation about Sacred Gears.

"Okay, listen well please,-" You tap with a chalk on the wall where you have written 'Sacred Gears'. The girls are seated in front of you, paying attention. "Like I mentioned to Ruby-san Sacred Gears are items with powerful abilities bestowed upon humans by the God of Christianity."

Above 'Sacred Gears' you add 'God'.

"Most of the times those abilities are just unusual talents in a specific field, However, there are some that allow the wielder to use special, clearly supernatural powers."

You write 'Twilight Healing'.

"Asia's Twilight Healing for example-" You look at the nun. "Has the ability to heal the injuries of anyone, even grievous wounds. Normally most healing spells only work on members on the same species of the caster and are less effective if caster and target aren't part of the same clan, but Asia ignores all those limitations."

"That's an amazing ability!" Ruby congratulates Asia, who blushes in response. "You're great Asia!"

"Auuuh...it's nothing special..."

"No, she's right." You state with total seriousness, surprising the girls. "Your Sacred Gear is extremely rare. There are maybe two, three at most possessors of it at any given time. With enough training it's also possible to heal diseases and other various illness that are currently incurable. This is the kindest power in the world, and only someone with a heart full of genuine love is worthy of receiving it."

"Auuuh..." Asia blushes madly before beaming. "Thank you Ise-san!"

"Are Crescent Rose and Ember Celica rare too?" Ruby asks.

"Much more than rare: they're unique." They look surprised. "This is because your Sacred Gears are two of the [Magnus], the unique weapons of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse."

A second of stunned silence.

"EEEEEHHHH?!?!?"

*After a quick explanation about the Horsemen's origin*

"Wow..." Yang breaths out as she looks at her gauntlets in a new light. Beside her Ruby is doing the same with her scythe. "Who would have thought..."

"I heard stories about the Horsemen." Mittelt says aloud. "It's said that there was no-one who killed as many enemies of Heaven as them during the Great War. They spilled so much blood that they became icons of the End of the World."

"Well, that's hardly comforting..." Yang grimaces.

"Sadly many Sacred Gears have infamous reputations." You raise Boosted Gear. "Mine too. Many of the past possessors of Boosted Gear fell victims of the forbidden power sealed inside and became engine of mass destructions before having their lives consumed."

You dispel the gauntlet and cross your arms. "However, it's not the power which matter but the one who wield it. The Horsemen themselves are to blame for their sins, not their Sacred Gears. I have complete faith in Ruby-san and Yang-san-" You look them in the eyes-"That they will use their powers for a just cause."

"Yes!" Ruby puts a hand over her heart. "I swear I will redeem Crescent Rose!"

"Thanks for the trust, I think?" Yang scratches her, but by the end of it she has a huge smile on her lips.

"You're welcome." You smile before writing 'Desire' on the wall. "Sacred Gears are driven by the power of [Desire]. As the desires, thoughts, needs, and feeling of the wielder burn brightly, the Gear answers them and, as time passes, changes according to them. This way is possible for the Gear to develop new powers and configurations beside the original ones. This process is called 'creating a Sub-Species of Sacred Gear'."

"The ultimate state of activation, the final culmination of this process is called [Balance Breaker], which is the most powerful manifestation of the Sacred Gear's power. It doesn't need mentioning, but achieving it requires a lot of effort: either rigorous training, or-" You narrow your eyes. "Great stress during real combat, the type that push you to your limits. You can guess which is safer and more advisable."

"What about a mix of both?" Mittelt asks.

You think about it. "Possible: there is not a true tested method to induce Balance Breaker, so every case must be dealt with individually."

You cancel the previous drawings and write 'Power' atop a lighthouse. "Sacred Gears possessors have power. And those with power catch the attention of others with power easier than normal people. Ruby-san, Yang-san: you were lucky that until now you didn't have contacts with the Supernatural, especially since you awakened your Gears at a young age. The Three Factions of Christianity aren't the only supernatural forces in the world."

You draw a rough representation of Japan and circle it. "Japan, on par with China and other Eastern countries has a healthy population of supernatural creatures and humans with special powers. Not all power users have Sacred Gears: there are special circumstances that allow people to be born with special powers that are unrelated to Sacred Gears."

"Such as...?" Yang asks.

"Such as Psychics, or Ayakashi Majiri."

"Ayakashi...Majiri?"

"People who are half Ayakashi. Half Youkai." You clarify.

"Youkai are real?" Ruby asks in awe.

"Sure. Mittelt." You look at the fallen angel.

In response she steps down from the concrete pipes the girls are seated on, grabs the edges...

"WAAAH!?"

And lifts it up with the others still on it. "My grandmother is an Oni." She declares proudly before putting it down delicately.

Once they calm down you clean again the wall from the chalk. "Now, if you girls are death-set on entering the Supernatural World, something that will happen sooner or later anyway, you need to know what to watch out for. And, most of all-"

You write down 'Strength'.

"You will need the strength to defend yourself, those you care about and, most importantly, your ideals." You stress the point. "This may appears barbaric and anachronistic in this day and age. However, this is a completely different world, with his own set of rules. Please remember it well."

"Does this mean that we need to become better at using our Sacred Gears?" Ruby asks.

"Yes. However, your Sacred Gears aren't the only way to gain strength. This, actually, is where I can help you the most."

You write down 'Supernatural Martial Arts'.

"In Creation, the place of origin of my Exaltation, were developed many types of supernatural martial arts. I am talking about the type of martial arts that let you shoot fireballs and walk on walls. There is a symbolic image that describe them: the [Perfected Lotus of Understanding]. Supernatural Martial Arts are divided into: Terrestrial, Celestial and Sidereal."

You draw the ground and the roots growing in it.

"The mud in which the lotus grows represents mundane Martial Arts. The mud is not the lotus, but the plant would not exist without it. The Terrestrial martial arts are the Roots of the Perfected Lotus. The roots of the lotus anchor it and draw an intimate and obvious connection to mundane physical training and skills. A practitioner hits people, breaks things, grapples, throws, performs acrobatics—but in a magical way."

You draw the bulb of the Lotus. "The roots of the lotus plant converge on the plant's bulb, from which the stem reaches out of the mud. Similarly, the lessons of Terrestrial training feed into Celestial martial arts, the Bulb of the Perfected Lotus."

Finally you draw the blossom of the Lotus. "When the lotus stem breaks the surface of the water, the plant puts forth leaves and a flower. In the Blossom of the Perfected Lotus, Sidereal martial arts transcend their source. Mud becomes perfume. The martial artist applies the lessons gained from combat to cosmic forces and abstract principles. A practitioner moves from hitting things to working godlike miracles."

The girls are drinking on your words like ambrosia.

"A simple comparison: a mundane martial arts master can split a brick and jump over a hedge; a Terrestrial martial arts master can split a boulder
and jump over a house; a Celestial martial arts master can split a city wall and jump over a mountain; while a Sidereal martial arts master-" You grin. "can split a soul and jump to the Moon."

Their slaw-jacked expressions: simply adorable.

You circle 'Terrestrial Martial Arts'. "As a Solar Exalt I can learn Celestial Martial Arts. Normal humans can't learn them: even if they try, the likely result would be their bodies exploding. But-" You tap the new circle. "They can learn Terrestrial Martials Arts. There are many more Terrestrial Arts than Celestial and Sidereal Arts, enough to cover any preference. The use of one, together with your Sacred Gears, will give you a definite edge. You too Mittelt." The Gothic Lolita blinks in surprise. "Those Arts aren't for humans only. Do you want to learn?"

"You don't even need to ask!" She hits her left palm with the right fist. "I am not going to pass over the opportunity to spend more time with you Ise-san!"

Yang blinks teasingly at you. You resist the urge to roll your eyes and instead smile. "Very well Mittelt."

You turn to the nun. "Asia: I mean no offence, but you aren't suited for direct combat. However, you fit perfectly the role of Supporter. If you are interested, I can teach you spells and other arts that will compliment your healing abilities very well.

"Yes, please do so." Asia bashfully says. "You can count on me. I will do my best to not disappoint you!"

"Just be yourself and you will never disappoint me Asia." You chuckle before turning serious. "However, all those methods requires as a basic the same thing."

You write the word 'Essence'.

"Essence is life, breath, power—the essential, all-pervading animating energy of the world. In this world there are many names for the energy of the soul: Ki, Chakra, Youki, Demonic Power, Light Power and so on. They are similar, yet different. In Creation however they all fall under the name of Essence: there are different types as well, but they all do the same thing: breaking past the limits of the self. With Essence, things like the laws of physics become...malleable, less defined."

You sigh. "I don't know if the Arts of Creation can be learned by those with a soul's power different from Essence. Not yet at least. However, even if it's possible you girls, san Mittelt, don't have the time to learn how to harness one of the energy sources available for humans like Ki Manipulation: we are talking about years of training here. Having a Sacred Gear doesn't help, since many, yours included, don't require the wielder to supply them energy beside their own stamina. It's like a work-out: strenuous, but hardly magical."

"But you have a solution, or you wouldn't have proposed this in the first place." Yang points out.

"Yes. Yes, I do. There are Charms, special techniques that grant a normal person the power to use Essence. However,-" You narrow your eyes. "I know they worked back in Creation, but I don't know what will happen if I use them on people from here. Judging by past experiences they work the same, but I'm reticent to try them on a person without being 100% sure they will do the intended effect."

"Also,-" You shift your feet. "Even if they work, the method I plan to use isn't without consequences."

You draw a pair of eyes. Then add a third one. "Learning to feel and use Essence is like acquiring a completely new sense: doing so abruptly, without easing it with years of meditation, leave the mind..." You search for the right word. "Frailer. It's like looking up at the night sky and truly realizing for the first time just how big the universe is and how small Earth is in confront. Gaining control over the mystical energies of the world is a massive chance of prospective."

"It's permanent?" Ruby asks.

"No. However, to regain stability you will have to spend a lot of time meditating on the core points of your personality, determination and
emotional stability. If not meditating, doing activities that reinforce your conceptions and strengthen."

"I am not forcing you to take a final decision now." You reassure them. "Take your time. In the meantime I will describe you what Arts I thought will complement you."

You cancel and start writing again. "They are..."

[] Choose a Martial Art/Thaumaturgy/Other Art or more for Asia, Yang, Ruby and Mittelt.
----

For Mittelt: consider her to have Essence 2 and capable of using Exalted Essence if shown how with Charms as Essence-Lending Method and Power-Awarding Prana (since magical being). Meanwhile Asia, Yang and Ruby are Essence 1 normal humans, with Essence use locked.

Back