• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

we also started using checking them more then once a day from memory

Megaolix said:
Oh boy, poor Saji. His dream is basically...

I wonder if there's something we can do about it after we're done analyzing them.
No. His dream is creepy as hell. Heck it's even creepier then Issei's and this is the guy who wants a harem.

nightblade said:
No. His dream is creepy as hell. Heck it's even creepier then Issei's and this is the guy who wants a harem.
Not... really? He wants to marry his Master and become a teacher at the school she wants to open.

John At DAwn said:
Not... really? He wants to marry his Master and become a teacher at the school she wants to open.
I think nightblade means how Saji phrase his dream in Vol. 3, before it changes to what it's now.

Which, yes, was creepy.

John At DAwn said:
he is rather immature (less then canon issei at this point) and his delceration of his dream is creepy as fuck at this point.

...You know, I can't wait until Sona finds out about Issei... particularly once he learns Solar Teaching charms, which we really need to do, being able to raise stats with a week of work would be really really nice

Alex I suggest you go to sleep. If need be you can put the nsfw stuff up tomorrow. You don't need to stay up to midnight for us. Which it should be around if you are in the timezone I think you are.

I can't believe no one has pointed out the most important thing about this.

Alexander said:
"Yes. It uses the DNA of the King as a matrix and gradually changes the new devil's body to make processes such as sharing demonic energy easier to perform. I am not completely sure..." You tap your finger on your chin. "But I think that change is at a level that makes the reincarnated devil the equivalent of paternal or maternal nephew/niece of the King."

Which means that it's entirely possible for Akane & Raynare to both be genetically related to Rias as if they were both her nieces on the same side(paternal or maternal). And it's entirely possible for two nieces to be sisters :3. If Rias's sister had two girls, they would both be nieces of Rias. So Akane & Raynare can be sisters!

Found another error.

The theory is complex, but basically they are much more powerful than any computer know to mankind."

Know should be Known.

nightblade said:
Mostly the fact that it's frowned upon by society.
Is this the same society that is perfectly okay with benefiting from slavery so long as it happens in some far-distant third world country where they don't have to look at it? Because I for one am a-okay with being extremely creepy if that's the definition you're going for.

Smuthunter said:
Is this the same society that is perfectly okay with benefiting from slavery so long as it happens in some far-distant third world country where they don't have to look at it? Because I for one am a-okay with being extremely creepy if that's the definition you're going for.
I modified my post. Anyway it's extremely odd. Actually now that I think about it there is nothing wrong with it that I can think of. It's just mostly the fact he says it out loud is creepy as hell.

nightblade said:
Found another error.

The theory is complex, but basically they are much more powerful than any computer know to mankind."

Know should be Known.

I've heard quantum computers would be better at say particle calculations & other various ways of modeling haven't heard they'd be better at everything than normal computers.

Smuthunter said:

I assume this stems from the association of wanting a "harem" with wish fulfillment fantasies. Also the phrase harem makes me think of the Ottaman sultans with their harem of women kept isolated & away from other men.

Strictly speaking there's nothing wrong with wanting a polyamorous relationship even if you don't happen to have multiple women at the time in mind. If someone just loves multiple people that's plenty enough to want to try polyamorous. In theory you might prefer the structure because it allows multiple sets of parents to look after children, economic stability, gender inequality among other reasons(like religious). The problem is that people who think of harems seem to assume a power imbalance where the other partners serve them without being coequal members of a relationship.

To the extent that Saji objectifies women as conquests in dreams, I have a problem. Power balances in relationships are unstable & I'd be...concerned about the long-term happiness of everyone involved even him.

megrisvernin said:
I've heard quantum computers would be better at say particle calculations & other various ways of modeling haven't heard they'd be better at everything than normal computers.

I assume this stems from the association of wanting a "harem" with wish fulfillment fantasies. Also the phrase harem makes me think of the Ottaman sultans with their harem of women kept isolated & away from other men.

Strictly speaking there's nothing wrong with wanting a polyamorous relationship even if you don't happen to have multiple women at the time in mind. If someone just loves multiple people that's plenty enough to want to try polyamorous. In theory you might prefer the structure because it allows multiple sets of parents to look after children, economic stability, gender inequality among other reasons(like religious). The problem is that people who think of harems seem to assume a power imbalance where the other partners serve them without being coequal members of a relationship.

To the extent that Saji objectifies women as conquests in dreams, I have a problem. Power balances in relationships are unstable & I'd be...concerned about the long-term happiness of everyone involved even him.
Thanks for putting for what I found creepy about it. Also I was just correct the sentence.

nightblade said:
I modified my post. Anyway it's extremely odd. Actually now that I think about it there is nothing wrong with it that I can think of. It's just mostly the fact he says it out loud is creepy as hell.
I still don't see what you're getting at. Objectifying women is generally a negative thing (I would include an exception for fictional women, but whatever) but Issei is clearly not an individual who is prone to such behavior.

Now, if he'd said at some point "I want to be the protagonist of a harem anime" that might have made me raise an eyebrow, since the women in harem anime tend to be two-dimensional personalities attached to a set of tits -- exactly the sort of characters who their creators intend for their readers to objectify. But based on his behavior, I would wager a guess that Issei's real goal doesn't have anything to do with having sex with lots of women -- he just wants to experience a loving relationship and probably made the logical leap that more is better. He's still a highly hormonal teen, too, and he has growing as a character to do.

megrisvernin said:
There is absolutely no way Issei is thinking that way in canon. If you use this as a reason as to why Saji sounds creepy and not Issei, then I call bullshit right here. Besides, Issei followed up in Vol. 3 saying he wanted to suck Rias's breasts. How is that not just as bad?

Megaolix said:
There is absolutely no way Issei is thinking that way in canon. If you use this as a reason as to why Saji sounds creepy and not Issei, then I call bullshit right here. Besides, Issei followed up in Vol. 3 saying he wanted to suck Rias's breasts. How is that not just as bad?
It is just as bad. Heck stuff like that is why I have issues reading the light novels or watching the anime. I tend to skip past that stuff in the anime.

Also found another error. Build should be built.

Smuthunter said:
What exactly is creepy about wanting a harem?
It's the conotations of harem being a group of submissive slavishly devoted sexual objects who value you as the core of their world rather than being people.

Larekko12 said:
It's the conotations of harem being a group of submissive slavishly devoted sexual objects who value you as the core of their world rather than being people.
Thank you. That's another reason as well. If I didn't know Issei it would be a lot creepier.

nightblade said:
Thank you. That's another reason as well. If I didn't know Issei it would be a lot creepier.
Issei was just as bad at first. He wanted a harem because girls. That's it. He got better in canon about it.

And so Saji. So seeing him getting bashed here because of something in volume 3 when Issei was as bad is baffling.

Megaolix said:

Don't forget the rest of my quote.

Swap Saji with Issei & it applies just as well. Men who objectify women are creepy & I don't find them appealing as characters.

Megaolix said:
Issei was just as bad at first. He wanted a harem because girls. That's it. He got better in canon about it.

And so Saji. So seeing him getting bashed here because of something in volume 3 when Issei was as bad is baffling.
I didn't know Saji's dream had changed. I have not gotten past the first couple of novels cause of the bad writing and all the creepy perverted stuff Issei says.

megrisvernin said:
Don't forget the rest of my quote.

Swap Saji with Issei & it applies just as well. Men who objectify women are creepy & I don't find them appealing as characters.
Except neither of them objectify women. They start with hardly the faintest idea of what a real relationship entails because they're dumb hormonal teenage males. Once they get enough experience from hanging around their respective love interests their goals shift quite seriously. Both of them very obviously care about their partners as real people, not just sex objects for them to ogle and grope.

They were and Saji still does in this quest. Truth be told I like DxD for it's later stuff.

nightblade said:
They were and Saji still does in this quest. Truth be told I like DxD for it's later stuff.
Sorry, no. Issei cared so much about Yuuma that Raynare's betrayal gave him deep-seated psychological issues, and he only knew her for a handful of hours. If Issei and Saji appear to be excessively concerned with the physical aspects of a relationship to the expense of all others that's because the physical stuff is the only thing either of them have even the faintest inkling of experience with, not because they don't care about anything else. I maintain that if Issei were to rephrase his ambition at some point it probably sound more like "I want to be surrounded by people I love." Or in Saji's case "I want to marry Sona and help her fulfill her dreams."

Smuthunter said:
Sorry, no. Issei cared so much about Yuuma that Raynare's betrayal gave him deep-seated psychological issues, and he only knew her for a handful of hours. If Issei and Saji appear to be excessively concerned with the physical aspects of a relationship to the expense of all others that's because the physical stuff is the only thing either of them have even the faintest inkling of experience with, not because they don't care about anything else. I maintain that if Issei were to rephrase his ambition at some point it probably sound more like "I want to be surrounded by people I love." Or in Saji's case "I want to marry Sona and help her fulfill her dreams."
Whatever. Point is wanting to having a harem can be creepy depending on the person. And is mostly creepy in real life. You want to be in a relationship with mutilpy women and they are fine with it then that's up to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back