• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

[X] Spend 10 EXP to buy two dots of Martial Arts

[X] You consider the situation for a moment. A being as powerful as Azazel wouldn't have bothered to confront you if he wanted you dead, unless he's one of those showy action movie villains. Somehow you don't think so, so you decide to continue running on the assumption that he doesn't intend to kill you.

"Likewise, Azazel-dono. I can't say I've ever had a chance to speak to someone of your status."

[You certainly have.]

"By any chance does this have something to do with that business with Raynare last week?"

EternitynChaos said:
Hmmmm, you know, I'd have Issei give a rejoinder along the lines of "Eh I had assumed a God-Empress of the Sun who was handed the Divine Mandate to Rule from Sol Invictus would rank a few more rungs higher then the leader of a group of rebels who got kicked out of Heaven because they couldn't keep it in there pants?"
I want to sign it. Can I?

John At DAwn said:
Meet the person most likely to teach us Crafting.

He could probably also help out with reverse engineering the evil pieces.

touhou ranfuku said:
Incoming Blazer Solar Aura Golden Blade and Gender Bender Ray Gun!

Don't forget the clone machine, UFO, and the super car that has buttons like use the anti dragon missile or activate the satellite cannon!

Smuthunter said:
Done, but what's the difference?
-hakase is something like professor and Issei doesn't know that Azazel experiments with Sacred Gears out of scientific curiosity. -sama is the go to honorific for anyone of importance including Lords and political leaders.

EternitynChaos said:
-hakase is professor, -dono is similar to -sama but doesn't imply you are subordinate to the person I believe
Bingo. -hakase indicates we're aware of his connection to science, emphasizing the research/intellectual part of his job, while -dono indicates we recognize his high position and rulership, without saying we're beholden to him. Or in other words, indicating he's important, and we acknowledge that, without saying we're beholden to him, which -sama implies to a degree. It's a small thing, admittedly, but a nice touch in my opinion, and fodder for Alexander.

Anyway, my vote:

[X] Smuthunter

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Spend 12 EXP to buy two dots of Martial Arts

[X] You consider the situation for a moment. A being as powerful as Azazel wouldn't have bothered to confront you if he wanted you dead, unless he's one of those showy action movie villains. Somehow you don't think so, so you decide to continue running on the assumption that he doesn't intend to kill you.

"Likewise, Azazel-dono. I can't say I've ever had a chance to speak to someone of your status."

[You certainly have.]

"By any chance does this have something to do with that business with Raynare last week?"

Can I ask why you want to buy Awareness? Just to get the surprise negator Charm later? You know Xp don't grow on tree.

Alexander said:
Can I ask why you want to buy Awareness? Just to get the surprise negator Charm later? You know Xp don't grow on tree.
Given that a successful surprise attack is pretty much instant death, yeah I think it's worth the investment. Unless this is a [Common Sense] warning?

Because everyone has gone paranoid convinced Snake is going to end up high tier and sneak attack them if they don't, I think its silly myself but I've given up trying to convince them otherwise, I personally think we should buy up Martial Arts and/or Dodge instead if anything but thats just me

Personally, I want dodge, so as to get a surprise-negator.

Smuthunter said:
Given that a successful surprise attack is pretty much instant death, yeah I think it's worth the investment. Unless this is a [Common Sense] warning?
No, just a reminder. If you're sure of your decision, go ahead.

I imagine this week is going to be less training and more adventuring/xp grinding

EternitynChaos said:
Because everyone has gone paranoid convinced Snake is going to end up high tier and sneak attack them if they don't, I think its silly myself but I've given up trying to convince them otherwise, I personally think we should buy up Martial Arts and/or Dodge instead if anything but thats just me

It's not just you. I think Martial Arts would be more useful , myself. But an overwhelming majority wants Awareness , it seems.

I don't think Alexander is just going to throw an enemy at us that instakills us if we don't have a surprise-negator and he's hinted that more combat coming soon, I think more MA is a better use of our xp for now.

[You certainly have.]

I can get behind this.

[You certainly have.]

BFldyq said:
Personally, I want dodge, so as to get a surprise-negator.
There are two surprise-negators. Reflex Sidestep Technique is the one in Dodge, but it only allows you to use other Dodge charms and your Dodge defense value, which is the lowest of our DVs. Surprise Anticipation Method is the better buy for us because it works with all of our defenses and can also invoke itself automatically whenever we're subject to a surprise attack, even if we're asleep.

Brandark said:
It's not just you. I think Martial Arts would be more useful , myself. But an overwhelming majority wants Awareness , it seems.
Martial Arts is the very next thing on the list, save possibly for the First Occult Excellency so we can supercharge our spells.

[You certainly have.]

As far as surprise-negators go I agree that SAM is the better choice, however I don't think we are going to have much if any need for it until at least we face Cra..err Kokobiel, but that's just my view, ymmv

EternitynChaos said:
As far as surprise-negators go I agree that SAM is the better choice, however I don't think we are going to have much if any need for it until at least we face Cra..err Kokobiel, but that's just my view, ymmv
Alright, Martial Arts it is then. But can we please get an Occult Excellency sometime in the near future? We have several attack spells and we'll pick up more as we go, so being able to dump more motes into powering them up is a very good purchase for our offensive abilities.

Ya, I have no trouble with that, considering how we are basicly Kung Fu Mage, we already have the MA Excellency we need to get the Magic one next ^^ then we can get some charms from FotDS and other things

EternitynChaos said:

Make that after we face Kokabiel. Kokabiel doesn't seem like one for surprise attacks. In the canon fight , he basically said , "Come at me , bro." and gave the Occult Club ample time to prepare an attack against him .

But we may have need for surprise-negators in the meeting of the Three Factions. By then , we probably will make some big waves. Enough so that the Old Maou faction may pay special attention to us while springing the ambush.

Edit: Occult Excellency sounds good for next time.

Also considering her stats and Virtues we really should teach Eiko "The Art of Relentless Persuasion Style" 4 Dex and 4 Conviction would make that a mean thing, plus it would give her alot more soak and combat utility

Brandark said:
Make that after we face Kokabiel. Kokabiel doesn't seem like one for surprise attacks. In the canon fight , he basically said , "Come at me , bro." and gave the Occult Club ample time to prepare an attack against him .

But we may have need for surprise-negators in the meeting of the Three Factions. By then , we probably will make some big waves. Enough so that the Old Maou faction may pay special attention to us while springing the ambush.
My concern is the Phenex rating game, assuming we don't manage to put the marriage off some other way. Yubella made a habit of introducing herself with sniper fire and took out Koneko and I think Kiba that way. It would really suck if we got a bad roll and got knocked out of the fight before we got anywhere near Raiser.

[You certainly have.]

DxD isn't a setting where we have to worry too much about surprise attacks. It's very shounen that way.

Smuthunter said:
My concern is the Phenex rating game, assuming we don't manage to put the marriage off some other way. Yubella made a habit of introducing herself with sniper fire and took out Koneko and I think Kiba that way. It would really suck if we got a bad roll and got knocked out of the fight before we got anywhere near Raiser.
I don't think we can participate in the Rating Game, since we're not part of Rias' peerage. Anyway, she has three Holy Magic users on her team, as long as she's smart about using them and starts training Raiser should go down easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back