• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Interest Check & Idea Thread

Honor thy Masters absolutely was better.

Wabi Sabi would have been better if I was familiar with either background anime, probably.

Vindictus said:
Honor thy Masters absolutely was better.

Wabi Sabi would have been better if I was familiar with either background anime, probably.
Nnnnot so much. Air Gear was a visually and stylistically impressive anime but thin on the plot.

So. I was thinking of starting up a quest where players can pick whatever they want to be, but the catch is: The stronger you guys make/choose themselves to be, the stronger the enemies are and the harder the difficulty.

What kind of goals are in the quest? Well, that would depend on who or what the character created/chosen is.

For example, you can choose to be Shiki from Kara no Kyokai. Or you can choose to be Ryu from Street Fighter. Or Rito from To Love-Ru. Of course, this is limited to any series that I know, but short of some very specific ones, I have a good idea on most animes out.

Then you can choose to either have something happen in the world you're in, or get sucked to another world.

The idea is pretty flexible, and I have a few plot bunnies hopping around for any series that I know. Posting will probably be one story post every other night or so once things are setup, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Is anyone interested in this idea?

Sure.

Let's start the game as a simple bacteria.

Bacterial Empire Quest, here we go-!

I could do it, but it would take a long as she 'time' for anything to happen. (Guess what I thought of the moment you said bacteria?)

Adyen said:
I could do it, but it would take a long as she 'time' for anything to happen. (Guess what I thought of the moment you said bacteria?)

I remembered that guy from dragonball.

How about Issei Hyodo in To-love-ru? The whole setting seems to run on rule of sexy so it should be heaven to him!

Or a Negima Quest where someone (Eva most likely, but Kamo works too) points to our prodigy that gentleman clubs exist for a reason, the reaon being that gentleman have needs and wants only girls can sate. That and leading a whole class on for years no end is pure evil...

Mu-Sensei said:

How about Issei Hyodo in To-love-ru? The whole setting seems to run on rule of sexy so it should be heaven to him!

Or a Negima Quest where someone (Eva most likely, but Kamo works too) points to our prodigy that gentleman clubs exist for a reason, the reaon being that gentleman have needs and wants only girls can sate. That and leading a whole class on for years no end is pure evil...

Issei in To-love-ru would make Momo goes full harem building mode, but, how should I explain it, Issei doesn't fit someone to be a king of galaxy or solar system.

Actually I would like to see him in Queen's blade.

Last edited by a moderator:
::)
I know that this is more suitable to be in the NSFW parts of QQ, but Issei should be in a monster-girl heavy setting.
Like a certain world where hora hora is everywhere.
And then hilarity ensures as Issei reverses the hora on the hora hora who wanted to hora the horalicious hora.

kinglugia said:
::)
I know that this is more suitable to be in the NSFW parts of QQ, but Issei should be in a monster-girl heavy setting.
Like a certain world where hora hora is everywhere.
And then hilarity ensures as Issei reverses the hora on the hora hora who wanted to hora the horalicious hora.

He would BOOSTO! the hora hora to the infinite and beyond, I'm not sure the planet can survive something like that. Then again, Issei in a world where monster-girl exists would be awesome, imagine all lizard, snake relative monster-girl goes after his dragon junk. But yeah, it's NSFW.

@Mu-Sensei: The Negima and To-Love-ru ideas seem amusing. Especially with the current chapters of To-Love-Ru Darkness. They really take the Ecchi Manga genre to another Level. I wouldn't be surprised if sexy is the equivalent of spiral power in that Setting.

I was asking this in the RPG System Discussion thread of Spacebattles, but it seems to have gotten lost/ignored there. What do you think of the Fate Core roleplay system? I never had a real system for any of my quests which I truly worked out and this one seems interesting to me. I was wondering if anyone finds it could be good or bad for Quests. It is simple enough that I can understand it after some reading (Although I am not done yet). It is made for collaborative working (if in a different way), so it could probably work with some work.

Mu-Sensei said:

Now i'm imagining a Pre-grail war shirou being the protag of To-Love-ru.

that would be a weird grail war a certain king might not like his future-sun-in-law being dragged into it.

I wonder how archer would react to a Shirou that has someone who won't let him go of and get himself killed.

Silversun17 said:
Now i'm imagining a Pre-grail war shirou being the protag of To-Love-ru.

that would be a weird grail war a certain king might not like his future-sun-in-law being dragged into it.

I wonder how archer would react to a Shirou that has someone who won't let him go of and get himself killed.

Well, I might or might have not proposed both of these ideas before, but they're just too good to pass up.

That and 3-A is too delicious to choose just a single girl from them.

touhou ranfuku said:
Actually I would like to see him in Queen's blade.
Poor Queen's blade, first they got visited by Ousawa Akatski now they have to deal with Issei as well. :))

Ok, thats awesome, both the main show and the while VS thing /laugh He's like Rance with less Rape

EternitynChaos said:
Ok, thats awesome, both the main show and the while VS thing /laugh He's like Rance with less Rape
One of the few harem protagonists with actual character and ability to handle people. A very rare breed that.
A shame the light novels aren't translated.

Malcolmo said:
One of the few harem protagonists with actual character and ability to handle people. A very rare breed that.
A shame the light novels aren't translated.

Well, some parts are translated on Baka Tsuki, far from everything though.

I thought I could throw this out here too in case there is someone that didn't see it on SV and SB but who would be interested in doing it.

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
Albert Einstein

She floated through the emptiness of an eternal void. There was nothing here that she could see and nobody she could speak to, just herself alone. Not that there was much to speak, only to remember the pasts and broken promises. There were so many things that had gone wrong in her life, yet she couldn't help but be satisfied.

The memory was still fresh even though she couldn't say how long she had been floating through this empty void.

-------------------"Then I'll show you a miracle.
It's an application of the magic I showed you earlier, but this one's amazing.
This is the sorcery everyone wanted to see, after all."

TowNAT3.png

Yes, this time she had not been the doll, the puppet of another. She had fulfilled her own wish and protected her little brother. A serene smile adorned her face even as she couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen now. She was no longer scared, and she could only hope that Berserker had found peace, even if they would never see again. It was still surprising to her that she was still self-aware, for she had expected herself to fall into nothingness long ago.

It was then that something happened.

Steps echoed through the nothingness and the silver-haired girl turned her ethereal head to look at what was going on. There stood a man clad in black, grey hair covering his head and possessing a beard. His eyes were as red as her own and for a moment she wondered if he was also a Homunculus, but then she decided that he didn't have the makings of an Einzbern creation. And more than anything else, these eyes possessed both the humanity that was not normally found in Homunculi and something old and inhuman which made her shudder for a moment.

No, this man was something else.

The unknown man smiled at her and spoke, his voice was deep, deeper than her step-brother's voice, but bearing similar warmth to it.

"I have to say, this is unexpected." These crimson eyes peered at her, seemingly checking her for something and finding her suitable. "There is always some variation, but for you to actually be compatible was rather unexpected."

Ilya scowled in confusion at the older man and made her unhappiness known.

"And what exactly do you mean mister?"

The man's smile turned to a smirk and he answered with a question.

"Girl, do you know how the Einzbern lost the Heaven's Feel?" Ilya blinked in surprise at the unexpected question, but before she could formulate an answer the man continued on. "Magic by its very definition is something without limit, so how is it possible for the bearer to die if the Magic itself deals with resurrection? Well, of course you could be attacked as a surprise. Even Magicians are limited by their own nature as mortals, so if they are already dead, they cannot use their abilities to bring themselves back. Still, why would someone like that risk his life in battle if he doesn't have an heir?" Ilya frowned, that was a good question. She wasn't really the scholarly type, but really there was nothing better to do in this place anyway. "The answer is simple, he didn't." The girl pouted and looked more closely at the unknown man.

"But you said there is no way for him to die if he isn't killed in a surprising way." The man chuckled and tapped the non-existent ground with a walking stick. "Yes quite right. The bearer of the Heaven's Feel could easily just switch to another body if the old one is beginning to fade away. In the end, he just grew tired of waiting for a successor to appear." Ilya couldn't help but look in disbelief at the man when he spoke these words. "Ah, they probably didn't tell it like that, but it is the truth. He continued to diligently search for an heir, for centuries and centuries, but no one can live like that forever. Someday he wished to leave and so he did. Who knows, maybe the Einzbern even deluded themselves into believing there was another reason for their loss of the 3rd."

The man stepped closer to Ilya, who was still floating through the nothingness. "But Magic will not die so long as it cannot be achieved with mundane methods. Thus, the Cup of Heaven was only waiting for someone to bear it. Still, who would have expected a child like you to inherit that one's power?"

Ilya's jaw dropped and if she had still possessed a body, she would probably felt quite the pain from the action. Her eyes popped out as she looked at the grey-haired man. "Y.. You... You cannot be serious." Once again the man chuckled only. "Oh, I do not joke about such things. While your control is still lacking, the very fact that you are here is proof of your capabilities."

At that, the silver haired girl raised an eyebrow. "What does that have to do with me being here?" At this, the other man bowed to her. "It is simple, you are currently refusing to fully die, something only possible because you are the possessor of the Heaven's Feel. As you were fully expecting your death, your instincts took over and made sure you wouldn't return to the sea of Akasha to be recycled." Ilya couldn't help but dislike that word. 'Recycled' It sounded like she was a broken item that should be taken apart and turned into new things.

"Still, without a body you are in pretty big trouble, after all, with your lack of skill you cannot just make yourself a new body from nowhere. It is not even the area governed by the 3rd in the first place. So I thought this old man could help you out in exchange for seeing something interesting."

At that Ilya somehow knew that something bad was going to happen.

"Well then kid, see you again and try to do something good with your future."

At that point, the empty void behind and around Ilya seemed to twist and turned into a glowing Kaleidoscope of immeasurable lights glittering in countless colours. Her mouth opened even further than before as she screamed when the tip of a walking stick touched her and pushed her only a tiny bit back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an idea for an Ilya that has by chance the right nature to become the heir of the Third Magic and was thrown into another world by Zelretch to grow a bit in her capabilities. I got originally inspirated by the Quest "Faction of Hope" by night_sentinel on Spacebattles. I got the idea of a Civilization Quest involving the Heroic Spirits of the Nasuverse in some way. It came mostly about due to the Historical Servant Thread on Spacebattles and the new thread that was made on Sufficient Velocity.

I thought: "All these Servants are never going to be used and some of them are positively awesome." And I thought: If there was a person that could call these Servants up (With permission of the author of said Servant) and bring them into a civilization style game, wouldn't that be cool. They could be quite literal "Hero Units". So I wondered how such a story could come to be and the idea for a Ilya that had the potential to become the next Master of the Third Magic came to mind. One which saved Shirou, but stubbornly refused to fully leave the world due to her instinctive grasp of the Heaven's Feel. She would then be discovered by Zelretch and sent out into another setting to make a name for herself and grow up into a proper Magician, to avoid the Einzbern or another faction trying to use her for their own. She would have the souls/templates for the Servants used in the 5th Grail War inside her and with enough power would be capable of granting them new bodies. (If she also finds a Master to work as a anchor.) Other possibilities would be trying to teach the locals magecraft, researching for further hero templates, conquest, diplomacy etc...

I have unfortunately a distinct lack of any freaking idea on how to do this. I lack ideas or any clue on how to stat various stuff and my skill in Quests is amateurical at best in the first place. I also have no real clue where to send her to make a good civilization quest out of this. So really, I would be very very happy if anyone woulds show interest in doing this in any way. Because I just plane and simply cannot do it in a way where I wouldn't think I am doing an absolute shit Job.

After searching through a couple Empire Quests that were mentioned by another person, I came to the conclusion that this is too complicated for me to do. And I fear that I would start it, only for me to Abandon it after a couple posts as I have done with most quests of mine. I have no knowledge how to Balance stuff or anything similar, and also lack knowledge of any suitable Setting to send Ilya to. Enuff said. If nobody takes it I will be sad, but I can accept if People have other things to do. Thanks to anyone that has read up to this Point.

Last edited:
Heaven Canceler, I'll say it again.
Shut up and take my money, and houserule it so that fictional characters (Servants from pop cultures) can be summoned, such as, say, Homura Akemi, etc.
...blame Zelretch.

If famous people can get summoned, I want Nicholas Cage, Linkin Park, Jay Chou, The Rock and Jason Statham.

So, I thought about this idea and wondered. There is no way I can make it as a Civilization Game, because I have the Attention span of a goldfish and will probably get lost in the stupid Details, so maybe try to do it as a Fanfic with some Input of People, maybe. Only control Ilya (Which would be true at the start of the other idea too anyway.) and Keep it that way. You can do commands and such, but no detailed control of armies, no mechanics that I have to Keep track of. Because I know that will go horribly wrong. It is still a really vague idea though, and as said before I am unsure of a good Setting. Currently I am trying to find out more about Ivalice from FF XII too see if it is suitable as the Tech/Magic Level seems pretty high and suitable to make a single Servant not an outright game-breaker. (Damn, they couldn't just make one Map for the world and leave it at that? No they had to make different Versions, all of which are different and still called Ivalice?)

Characters from other series.... maybe, but no one from our world, mostly because I have no clue about any of the guys you mentioned touhou ranfuku and because it would just make the Story really weird.

Final fantasy tactics advance?

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Tactics_Advance

Biigoh said:
Final fantasy tactics advance?

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Tactics_Advance

I only played FF XII and that not even fully through. (I stopped around..... a third, somewhere after that one flying Island.) Because of that I am really lacking good background knowledge for a setting where something like this could work. It doesn't help that the Setting has different maps between incarnation of the series. ([urlhttp://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ivalice]Look at Ivalice General entry[/url].) I am also considering just throwing something together with the Negima Magical World to avoid all of the Problems inherent with an existing Setting where I have to follow stuff which is clearly explained. (Like specific Groups having more power in this or that area, Details about mythology and stuff.)

Ivalice is highly interesting and has much potential though, so who knows.

Heaven Canceler said:
I only played FF XII and that not even fully through. (I stopped around..... a third, somewhere after that one flying Island.) Because of that I am really lacking good background knowledge for a setting where something like this could work. It doesn't help that the Setting has different maps between incarnation of the series. ([urlhttp://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ivalice]Look at Ivalice General entry[/url].) I am also considering just throwing something together with the Negima Magical World to avoid all of the Problems inherent with an existing Setting where I have to follow stuff which is clearly explained. (Like specific Groups having more power in this or that area, Details about mythology and stuff.)

Ivalice is highly interesting and has much potential though, so who knows.

FFTA takes place in a literal "storybook" and has a fairly soft backstory.... that is not connected to the other settings.

Biigoh said:
FFTA takes place in a literal "storybook" and has a fairly soft backstory.... that is not connected to the other settings.

My thought process while trying to get FFTA.

*Looks up the map of FFTA further and tries to get it*...

*How does that work?*

*Why is there nothing telling me where which part of the setting is situated? What? The Player can Cchange it around freely..... okay, while the places are somewhat clear, this would leave me with having to decide where what is myself.*

*It is smaller than the other Ivalice so that could go... It is a dream world created through.... what the heck?*

This is interesting, though it does lack things which could make the story more interesting. Much of the conflict stems from the whole "Leaving the magical Dimension/Fantasy world" instead of actual war, intrigue, politics and all that stuff which looks so interesting about FF XII. Ilya wouldn't care about going to that place and would probably prefer the Fantasy world because there is Magic that may get her home.

Maybe, I could use parts from the main series like the Occuria when it could be interesting. There is potential. Though having it not as a Dream World created from the book and more as an alternative Dimension could make it more epic.

Well, nothing is decided anyway. Will have to think about things first.

A Magical School for You!!!

You are one of these called Magicians and currently you are quite the happy magic user. After completing your training in the art of bending the world to your will and having gathered enough materials, you have built your very own little tower of Magic. It is nothing special yet, but it is not the limit of what you wish to achieve.

After all, you want to make a school for young magic users. You won't have the space for too many young wizards and witches and whatever else you want to let in, but it is not like you are going to let this stop you.

What is the Background you have?

[] You were a noble in the aristocratic sense, possessing connections to old families that had great power in ages gone, but who still have some influence. You can reach the ears of some important people.
[] You were of old magical blood and your family is said to have practiced the art since ancient times and you have the magical knowledge to back that.
[] You were a talent without any magical background. Taken in by your Master as his apprentice, you learnt the arcane arts to your hearts content and used them to get a living.

And.

[] Are you male or female?

Where is your little school located?

[] Hidden from the eyes of non-magical men and women behind the leaves of a forest. (+ Easy Access to certain plants and ingredients, + Low Chance for mundane detection, -Harder Access for students)
[] It is hidden behind wards and spells in the middle of a modern city. (+Good Connection to Mundane, +Easy Access for students, -Higher Chance to be Discovered)

Which is the nation that you chose for your school?

[] England
[] Germany
[] Japan
[] U.S.A.
[] Write-In

And of course another Question is what you would name your school. It was currently just a single tower, but it was still something.

[] Name for magic School?

After deciding on a name for your school, you flexed your fingers and thought what secrets of power you would be able to teach the young and willing of this place.

[] Chose three Magical Schools that you are skilled in. They will be ordered by the number of votes and given different ranks.
- [] Elemental Magic: (Name an Element)
- [] Conjuration
- [] Abjuration
- [] Divination
- [] Enchantment
- [] Necromancy
- [] Illusion
- [] Transmutation
- [] Summoning
- [] Physical Enhancement
- [] Runecraft
- [] Warding

Edit: Also, Pictures for your magical tower are welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back