• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Kill Six Billion Demons

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-9-103-allicio/

Fusion-ha!

A pity they didn't go with CioSon and sounding like Chosen. Xd

"During the Universal war, it was theorized that placing an intact devil mask upon a living human, still containing some of that devil's essence, could create a fused being – a devilskin warrior. The human would benefit from the devil as a sort of armor, the devil from the direct access to the human soul flame. Such a warrior could be pushed far beyond the limits of both devil and man, employing the strengths of both, and could eventually rival the demiurges in sheer power.

In practice, many attempts were made at creating such warriors, but in almost all cases, the human ended up mentally rejecting the devil, or the devil ended up quickly subsuming its host and burning out. Two powerful beings sharing the same flesh – one can only imagine the clash of egos that would take place, or the sheer mental control to fight with such a powerful body. The few that did survive became terrors on the battlefield but did not survive the war.

The practice still persists among devilkind in a more degenerate form, with the creation of 'hollows'. Well-connected devils will go to great lengths to kidnap human chattel, which are ritualistically 'hollowed' out, personality and face alike, their life force preserve through arcane means until the devil may possess them at its leisure, without any inconvenience.

Both rituals are abhorrent in any case. Though I do wonder if any extant records of the practice exist…"

– Payapop Pritram

The funky symbols atop her name/title look like either "CHIM" or "HIM", which is probably a reference to the Devilest Devil "Himself" or TES Lore and how it inspired KSBD's concept of Royalty.

Last edited:
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-9-109/
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-9-110/

im very confused by the other angels actions. Also, really white chain, you decide because Our king to be is wearing Cio she's seeking power without restraint.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'd be seeing more of Zoss if Allison was recklessly seeking out power without care for those around her. He'd either be egging her on or or trying to focus her recklessness I think. Been awhile since we saw him last so I could be wrong.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-9-109/
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-9-110/

im very confused by the other angels actions. Also, really white chain, you decide because Our king to be is wearing Cio she's seeking power without restraint.
I definitely get the impression this other angel knew White Chain in a past life and is trying to help her, stop her from doing something she regrets.

As for White Chain herself, this is definitely the straw that broke the camel's back. Ultimately, she's an immortal being who had divine capital-L Law hammered into her at the beginning of existence - she has struggled, again and again, to reconcile this with her more human features. She is afraid that by inaction, by letting Allison continuing on the path that she's on, she's going to end up as the rest of the Seven, and honestly, that's not an unfounded fear! The Key's power needs to be used by being willful and self-assured, and that has historically led to people becoming monsters and tyrants because they play by their own rules, no other's.

Even if Allicio is stable at the moment, I would not be surprised if White Chain has seen other devil-skin warriors that have done horrific stuff, and that's coloring her perspective on things.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'd be seeing more of Zoss if Allison was recklessly seeking out power without care for those around her. He'd either be egging her on or or trying to focus her recklessness I think. Been awhile since we saw him last so I could be wrong.
Thus far Zoss has appeared once per book, so I'm sure we'll see him again soon-ish.

I definitely get the impression this other angel knew White Chain in a past life and is trying to help her, stop her from doing something she regrets.

As for White Chain herself, this is definitely the straw that broke the camel's back. Ultimately, she's an immortal being who had divine capital-L Law hammered into her at the beginning of existence - she has struggled, again and again, to reconcile this with her more human features. She is afraid that by inaction, by letting Allison continuing on the path that she's on, she's going to end up as the rest of the Seven, and honestly, that's not an unfounded fear! The Key's power needs to be used by being willful and self-assured, and that has historically led to people becoming monsters and tyrants because they play by their own rules, no other's.

Even if Allicio is stable at the moment, I would not be surprised if White Chain has seen other devil-skin warriors that have done horrific stuff, and that's coloring her perspective on things.

Thus far Zoss has appeared once per book, so I'm sure we'll see him again soon-ish.

From the notes on Devil Warriors... it seems that they usually just go unstable and mad like 99% of the time.

The two souls comprising them being at odds until the lesser soul (usually the wearer) is worn down into the ground.

On the other hand, this might not happen to Alison, because of how much in love both her and Chio are... AND the fact that Chio literally rejects grasping for more power, has outright rejected regaining even more power than this mask thing represents... which is pretty contrary to your average demon. So there's likely to be very little metaphysical friction between them...

White Chain is letting her past control her again... herself as an angel, crush the things she's been grasping for herself. Her identity as female, her student, ect... all because of her own insecurities basically flaring up.

Actually, this just made me realize something. Has Allison not told her companions about the fact that Zoss has shown himself to her and basically confirmed that she was his successor, not boy who's name I've forgotten.

That's cause Alison herself doesn't believe it... she thinks that Zoss has been aiming his commentary at the Wrong person the entire time. Ie She doesn't believe it could be her... so even evidence that it is has been put aside.

That's cause Alison herself doesn't believe it... she thinks that Zoss has been aiming his commentary at the Wrong person the entire time. Ie She doesn't believe it could be her... so even evidence that it is has been put aside.
Didn't he directly tell her or am I misremembering.

Several times, in fact.

But a person like Alison tends to be really good at repressing and ignoring uncomfortable information.
So Zoss clearly needs to make the point in such a way she can't bury it, admittedly not sure how he could do that without accidentally killing her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back