• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Kill Six Billion Demons

I've been rereading it.

Shit. Kill boss is slamming people through entire walls. And he's just a mid level flunky.

Seeing them fight modern armies would be really interesting.

Do you think that the other demiurges didn't falter in their early lives? Alison is only 20ish while everyone else thousands of years old.
Their failings don't matter to her failings. They are now on the same stage.

Further, Soloman David certainly didn't falter when he chose royalty.

Do you think that the other demiurges didn't falter in their early lives? Alison is only 20ish while everyone else thousands of years old.
This isn't 'faltering'. This is Solomon David falling to his knees like a pussy halfway through slaughtering the original Ki-Rata priests. Having submitted at this time and place, in front of this many people... that's the end of any possible Demiurge path. She's never going to amount to anything more than 'that random angel's bitch'. Which, frankly, is all she seems good for anyway. I had high hopes too.

This isn't 'faltering'. This is Solomon David falling to his knees like a pussy halfway through slaughtering the original Ki-Rata priests. Having submitted at this time and place, in front of this many people... that's the end of any possible Demiurge path. She's never going to amount to anything more than 'that random angel's bitch'. Which, frankly, is all she seems good for anyway. I had high hopes too.
You mean the same Solomon David who trained and mastered a martial arts style for years? That one who honed himself into a weapon solely for the purpose of revenge. He's not someone I'd use as a benchmark.

Like, I understand you guys have your opinions, but Alison has been on Throne for a couple of months now, and while she has been tempered a bit, expecting her to go full badass is a bit of a high mark. She still has her own insecurities and failings. Sure, eventually they'll be paved over in steel, but it's a bit like forging a sword, rushing it makes for brittle work.

You guys are being a BIT too down on Alison.

This is her reeling from ALMOST KILLING HER MENTOR AND FRIEND... after said mentor and friend just told her she's bad at controlling herself.

The very thing the fight was about.

Not to say that said mentor was right... but that is the feeling in the middle of the fight.

Both sides are being too much of their own faults, is the lesson. Alison being too loose, and Angel girl being too rigid... and both of them come to that realization DURING the fight.

Where it goes from here is going to be the telling point.

You guys are being a BIT too down on Alison.

This is her reeling from ALMOST KILLING HER MENTOR AND FRIEND... after said mentor and friend just told her she's bad at controlling herself.

The very thing the fight was about.

Not to say that said mentor was right... but that is the feeling in the middle of the fight.

Both sides are being too much of their own faults, is the lesson. Alison being too loose, and Angel girl being too rigid... and both of them come to that realization DURING the fight.

Where it goes from here is going to be the telling point.
Before throwing overwhelmingly powerful energy lances around, one should resolve oneself to the consequences of doing so. Further, before throwing massively powerful energy lances at other people, one should understand that they may hit back.

While it may be realistic that Alison showed a staggering lack of forethought, the empathy of a brick, and the resolve of an overcooked noodle, that doesn't excuse her. This is a situation she got herself into. And yet, when challenged, she collapses into a cowering mess.

The regret, the hesitation after seemingly killing White Chain? That's reasonable, that's something that could lead to character development. She acted, and needs to deal with the consequences of that.

Falling apart completely afterward to White Chain's aggression? Backsliding. It's pathetic.

I just noticed something in the previous page, isn't that a lot of blood right under Allison's head? A wee bit too much if you ask me?

Falling apart completely afterward to White Chain's aggression? Backsliding. It's pathetic.
It's not just backsliding, it's a cycle that's been going on since the beginning of the story.

Every damn time it's the same mess. I'm sick & fucking tired of it.

The Circle.

Pure.

Infertile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back