• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
[X] Bank guards shooting at Kyouko
-[X] Wasn't there something about information on who placed the guards there? And why would they shoot Kyouko unless it has something to do with the Child thing?
-[X] Don't sleep too late.
Kyubey doesn't do overt action. If Kyubey wanted to oppose the Illuminati's plan, his first resort would be to push the target of that plan (us) into not cooperating with it by telling her about it with the worst possible framing (which happens to only be slightly worse than an accurate framing), which is exactly what he did. Let's find out what he wants us to think.

[X] Mr Kyubey
-[X] What about that evil organisation that's trying to summon a huge monster?
Only problem is Madoka would likely believe him.
Fuck, I missed the mind control vote. And then you vote to become king?

We aren't playing as Madoka, we are playing as a megolomanical amoral shit with her name.

What would your vote have been?

5.1. - Attack
-[X] Wasn't there something about information on who placed the guards there? And why would they shoot Kyouko unless it has something to do with the Child thing?

---

Putting aside your rather ridiculous and inflated delusions of grandeur, you pull those ribbons off and put them back into the drawer for tomorrow. Now was not the time for more delusions of kingship, when a more pressing task was at hand. Indeed, were it not for the fact you you suspected you had forgotten something, you would've forgotten the issue of the armed bank guards shooting at Kyouko entirely.

Wait, what?

You scratch your head to try and see if the idea of it fades away as some strange thought. Unfortunately, it doesn't, all but proving to you, that indeed, the bank guards shot at Kyouko Sakura and that your memory wasn't lying to you. First you heard the sound of gunfire from that hovel of a hotel room and then Kyouko came running in, telling you that she was shot at by the bank guards.

"The bank guards. They opened fire on me."

Mitakihara Bank betrayed your expectations. They actually hired a bunch of sociopaths who shot at homeless teenage girls during the night for no good reason at all. Well, you didn't hear from Kyouko that she was trying to rob the bank...

Could it be something to do with the Second Child business? Indeed, you scrawled on your Campus Note a couple of page number references. Something... a plot... well you had a hunch that there was a plot... but aside from what the AIs had discussed, there wasn't much to talk about.

You typed into your browser, "kaname guard crazy".

Not much comes up, although for a bit of entertainment you go onto a conspiracy theory site. Aside from the usual allegations of greys, reptilians, promiscuity and other unpleasant tabloid filth and the ranting about Kaname Corporation having too much power and influence, one thing really catches your eyes on a conspiracy theory forum board:
"KANAME CORPORATION SECURITY KIDNAP PEOPLE OFF THE STREETS AND FEED THEM IN SATANIC SACRIFICES."

"Hey, Stahl, are there any mentions of Satanism or human sacrifice in your cache?"

"NO, MA'AM."

Well, if Stahl didn't knowl about it, then indeed, the amount of information that Stahl and the others had truly was limited aside from that cache of what they had recovered from Kaname Corporation's and Xinjiang Tinahe's servers before the password was changed.

This time, you try not to dismiss it. You create a new thread in your Campus Note, titled "Kaname Corporation and Human Sacrifices" for later.

With virtually no leads, you decide to sleep.

---

The morning passes by, as does the earlier periods of school. Lunch arrives and just as your are about to eat together with Sayaka and Hitomi, someone generally outside of your social circle comes to you.

Affectionately known by her nickname "Binbo-chan", she is a student in the school well known for being... poor, not that it is a bad thing.

"Could I ask you something? Did you happen to join those transhumanist people who go on about those "nootropics" and...um... bionics to improve the human condition?"

You scratch your head in curiosity at the question which seemed to have popped out of the blue from a person you weren't really familiar with.

"No... What gave you the impression?"

"Well, all of a sudden, you started working faster, trying harder and well... you don't exactly seem average anymore, not that I'm trying to insult you. But, when people change, you know people tend to notice it, right? And with all the transhumanism going on... I thought you were one of them."

[] "Tell me more about it." Transhumanism? As in enhancing humanity? Where was she coming from?
[] "Not interested about discussing it further, sorry." You had more than enough in your Campus Note already.
[] "How much do you really admire me?" Have her do some of your dirty work later.

---

AMMUNITION:
  • 34:120 5.56 NATO
  • Zero incendiary 40mm grenades
---

April Friday the 1st, 12:00 pm

Anime timeline comparison:
  • 26th March Mami vs Gertrud
  • 4th April Mami vs Charlotte
30 days remaining until ???

Seeing as there is in fact an evil organisation trying to summon a giant monster that will proceed to destroy the world, there's really no problem with that. Kyubey only needs to deceive us when he's trying to convince us of things that aren't true.

[X] "Tell me more about it." Transhumanism? As in enhancing humanity? Where was she coming from?

First, to Stop wearing the Ribbons. Or, at least to only wear them in combat or something, instead of all the time. That way, we mostly avoid mental degradation, and we don't lose the benfits of the Ribbons

For the goal vote, either 1 or 2.

[X] "Tell me more about it." Transhumanism? As in enhancing humanity? Where was she coming from?

5.2. - Attack

"Tell me more about it." Power was good. Even more power was better. The more smarter, faster or stronger you were, the more you would be able to get deep down into the mysteries of this city and with the "Second Child" memo and the subsequent shooting at Kyouko by the bank guards, you were pretty certain that there were some things you wanted to investigate right now.

"Basically, transhumanists are this group of people who basically want humans to be able to extend beyond their natural limits. Think faster. Be smarter. Think more. Be a genius. Run faster, live longer. There's these drugs called nootropics, which have no negative side effect, but enhance your brain and lets you use your full potential. They have pretty big ideas...mind uploading..."

Binbou-chan's little talk about it takes up half of lunchtime.

---

"...and apparently, there's going to be a conference, at the Convention Center starting on the 2nd, tomorrow. Some of the nootropic companies are even distributing samples. I saved my lunch money for the last two months for it and bought two of them, but my father's sick so he can't go tomorrow. You want to come?"

[] "Alright." Who knows. You might find some leads on the whole drug trial business Mrs Momoe was involved in.
[] "Sorry, I've got other things to do." Drugs really aren't your thing.

---

AMMUNITION:
---

April Friday the 1st, 12:20 pm

[X] "Alright." Who knows. You might find some leads on the whole drug trial business Mrs Momoe was involved in.
-[X] Check with your AIs if it's possible to scan the sample copies if you got them. And if not, what would be required to do so.

[X] "Alright." Who knows. You might find some leads on the whole drug trial business Mrs Momoe was involved in.
-[X] Check with your AIs if it's possible to scan the sample copies if you got them. And if not, what would be required to do so.

5.3. - Attack

---

"Alright." You accept Binbou-chan's invitation. Given the whole business with Mrs Momoe and her involvement in the trial run of "Odin", perhap by visiting that conference tomorrow, you might get some leads. You make a note to look for anything related to Von Langenstein Pharmaceuticals tomorrow.

"Yay!" Binbou-chan giggles and returns to her seat. As the bell rings, lunch ends.

---

You race through your classwork.

Class ends.

---

"Hey, Stahl."

"YES, MADAM?"

"What are your chemical testing properties?"

"WE HAVE RELATIVELY LIMITED CAPABILITIES. WE ARE NOT BUILT AS A REPLACEMENT FOR LABS."

"Oh well." You sigh in resignation.

"HOWEVER, WE CAN DETECT RADIATION AND IDENTIFY CHEMICAL WEAPONS SUCH AS TABUN AND SARIN."

Well, they were military equipment...

---

As you've told Sayaka and Hitomi earlier, you're not free to go along with them due to other business you have. Again, they complain, but with understanding, they bid you farewell.

What is your next order of business?

[] Mitakihara Hospital, specifically regarding Mrs Momoe and the medical trial she was a part of.
[] Kazamino City, in particular those bank guards. Eavesdrop on them.

---

AMMUNITION:
---

April Friday the 1st, 4:00 pm

Last edited:
So, we're going to make some time to be with Sayaka soon.

[X] Mitakihara Hospital, specifically regarding Mrs Momoe and the medical trial she was a part of.

Hopefully we run into Nagisa since I'm not quite sure what the second flag is, other than it probably has something to do with Kyubey.

[X] Mitakihara Hospital, specifically regarding Mrs Momoe and the medical trial she was a part of.

5.4. - Attack
So, we're going to make some time to be with Sayaka soon.

Hopefully we run into Nagisa since I'm not quite sure what the second flag is, other than it probably has something to do with Kyubey.

---

You decide to sneak back into Mitakihara Hospital using that good old intern routine.

The moment you enter Mrs Momoe's room, you see that a tray of food is before Mrs Momoe. Nagisa is spoonfeeding her, even as Mrs Momoe continues to decay slowly and inevitably into death. With every nibble and slurp of the food Nagisa spoonfeeds her with, Mrs Momoe clings onto dear life.

Stahl then warns you of something highly unsettling. It vibrates and you take it out

"WARNING. RADIOACTIVITY DETECTED. ACTIVATING GEIGER COUNTER."

Stahl activates the Geiger counter and you put on earbuds to keep it silent.

Nagisa turns around to look at you.

"Nee-chan? What are you doing?" You move forward and backwards to get the bearing of the radiation. Eventually and quite disturbingly, you understand that it is coming from the direction Mrs Momoe herself.

"Excuse me Mrs Momoe, but you could you please stop eating for a while?" Mrs Momoe nodded, as if she understood that something was up. Nagisa moved backwards.

You cautiously picked up the tray, locking the door to prevent anyone from getting in.

---

After separating the separate items of food from each other by significant distances, you bring Stahl to bear to each of them separately. You place it near the rice, the soup, the jelly beans and the small cup of tea.

You ascertain that the cup of tea, filled almost to the brim, is the most radioactive.

"Mrs Momoe, you didn't drink any of that tea, did you?" She shakes her head weakly.

[] "Your tea was heavily poisoned with radioactive materials, Mrs Momoe."

---

AMMUNITION:
---

April Friday the 1st, 4:30 pm

Last edited:
[X] "Your tea was heavily poisoned with radioactive materials, Mrs Momoe."
-[X] "Someone was trying to kill you. I don't think your illness was a coincidence."
[X] If you get a chance to discuss things with Nagisa alone, discuss the wording of her planned wish.

She deserves to know, as does Nagisa.

-[X] "Someone was trying to kill you. I don't think your illness was a coincidence."
[X] If you get a chance to discuss things with Nagisa alone, discuss the wording of her planned wish.

5.5. - Attack

She deserves to know, as does Nagisa.

---

You turn around quite seriously to Mrs Momoe and Nagisa as you finish testing the radioactive tea.

"Your tea was heavily poisoned with radioactive materials, Mrs Momoe."

Mrs Momoe groaned in her bed: "I knew it. The men-in-black. The feelings of being stalked... day and night. The strange whispers and hand signals I caught glimpses of. Ever since little Nagisa reached 10, "they've" been following me around."

You repeat in curiosity:
""They"?"

"Whoever they are, they always focus on me. They want to kill me. They want to get rid of me, so that little Nagisa will hurt and suffer. They never go for her directly. They..." Mrs Momoe coughs violently. Nagisa rubs her chest in order to comfort her.

"...they want to hurt Nagisa, not me. They're insidious cowards who want to bring as much pain and suffering to Nagisa as possible."

"So someone was trying to kill you? Your illness wasn't a coincidence?"

"They probably put carcinogens or something in the trial of Odin I was given. Nagisa, the keys." Nagisa opens on the drawers and produces a key. She gives it to you, you receiving it with both hands open.

"What are those for?"

"A safe at our home. I kept it as proof for the future. Proof they're murdering me for when the right time came and someone like you looking for them came along. Take Nagisa along with you."

---

After sneaking around into the radiology unit and disposing of the poisoned tea into an appropriate bin, Nagisa and you make your way to her residence.

Nagisa shows you the way to the safe in question.

You open the safe. Before you is a bottle of Odin capsules, with profanity scrawled all over it, presumably written by an angry and distraught Mrs Momoe. It's cap and neck is sealed with red wax for your convenience. You put it in your pocket and close the safe.

You make your way into the living room and take a seat, taking the chance to talk with Nagisa.

"So, Nagisa, with that wish..."

"I talked with Mama. Mama told me not to make deals with people more powerful against me. Mama told me that I would be repeating her mistake, that "they" want me to become dependent on Mr Kyubey. That "they" wanted me to fight those Witch monsters until I died."

"You talked with her about it?"

Nagisa nodded.

[] "Telling your parents the truth is always a good thing."
[] "Nobody else needed to know what you were up to. Knowing about Mr Kyubey is your right alone."
[] "You have a chance to get power for yourself. Seize it."

---

AMMUNITION:
---

April Friday the 1st, 5:00 pm

[X] "Telling your parents the truth is always a good thing."

Let the guilt reach you Not!Madoka. Talk to your father....

Let the guilt reach you Not!Madoka. Talk to your father....

How would that help us? We are fighting against the Incubators and to a slightly lesser extent the Illuminati, simply informing the Illuminati (He would talk to our mother even if he wasn't himself) we are doing things we shouldn't is not a good idea.
The Incubators are the real enemy, the Illuminati is using methods we disagree with, we need a position of power before we do anything.

[X] "Nobody else needed to know what you were up to. Knowing about Mr Kyubey is your right alone."

Well, if you picked the first one, clearly we should start telling our own parents what we've been up to... You know, tell mother we broken into her building and stole from her.

[X] "You have a chance to get power for yourself. Seize it."

[X] "You have a chance to get power for yourself. Seize it."
koCoANo.jpg

[X] "Telling your parents the truth is always a good thing."

It's not actually true, but it was the right choice at that point and might keep her alive.

[X] "Nobody else needed to know what you were up to. Knowing about Mr Kyubey is your right alone."

It's not actually true, but it was the right choice at that point and might keep her alive.

That also means we might feel the need to tell our parents what we have done.

That also means we might feel the need to tell our parents what we have done.
I don't think we have any compunctions against simplifying things for children. It's a good general rule, but Madoka already knows it and her case is such an obvious exception that she's not going to suddenly change her mind about it, especially since she's still wearing the ribbon.

I don't think we have any compunctions against simplifying things for children. It's a good general rule, but Madoka already knows it and her case is such an obvious exception that she's not going to suddenly change her mind about it, especially since she's still wearing the ribbon.

Have you consider what would happen when (not if) Nagisa finds out that we kept things from our own parents?

Have you consider what would happen when (not if) Nagisa finds out that we kept things from our own parents?
(Most) people do not interpret rules as absolute. Nagisa is perfectly capable of understanding that, while it's a good idea for her to tell her mother things, all rules have exceptions and there are very good reasons for us not to tell our parents we're investigating their conspiracies.

(Most) people do not interpret rules as absolute. Nagisa is perfectly capable of understanding that, while it's a good idea for her to tell her mother things, all rules have exceptions and there are very good reasons for us not to tell our parents we're investigating their conspiracies.

The problem is that she's a 10 years old kid who you just told one thing, and then (in her perspective) went around to do the exact opposite.

This literally becomes one of those "Do as I say, not as I do" things for kids, and you know how effective THAT is.

The problem is that she's a 10 years old kid who you just told one thing, and then (in her perspective) went around to do the exact opposite.

This literally becomes one of those "Do as I say, not as I do" things for kids, and you know how effective THAT is.
We're not an authority figure enforcing a rule against her, we're giving her a piece of advice she was already inclined to follow. Failing to take our own advice wouldn't give the same sense of unfairness because we didn't push it on her in the first place, even if telling our parents what we've been up to wasn't an obviously terrible idea even to a 10 year old. I think you should be much more concerned about what she'll think when she finds out we robbed a bank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back