• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

One Positive Change at a Time (ASOIAF: Viserys SI) Dead.

Future wife (need time to shape things in the chosen direction)

• Brienne of Tarth

Votes: 47 12.1%
  • Arianne Martell

Votes: 158 40.8%
  • Margery Tyrell

Votes: 184 47.5%
  • Asha Greyjoy

Votes: 64 16.5%
  • Ygritte

Votes: 47 12.1%
  • Sarella Sand

Votes: 22 5.7%
  • Nymeria Sand

Votes: 31 8.0%
  • Tyene Sand

Votes: 15 3.9%
  • Mya Stone

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Rhaenys Martell

Votes: 135 34.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In her culture, isn't this a borderline marriage proposal? Or am I getting things mixed up here?
Technically him killing Yarg and holding her hostage was the proposal. This is the accepting part(where she decides if killing theon/running/accepting, is what she does). she's making sure he's not just going to rape her and kill/leave her like the bad Rangers have done to other wildlings. If he's leaving the Crows and has killed her travelling companion showing his not useless, she's willing to see if she needs to cut his manhood off while he sleeps. He basically has the ride to Hardhome to impress her enough to live.

Tyrion and Gerion are bonding,Tywin is hidden Viserys fan,And Viserys is finishing Victarion.What next? return to Westeros,or sailing West?

Theon is making succesfull run for freedom with new waifu Ygritte.Good for them.Althought - maybe he would be happier with Nightqueen? :)

If Victarion really do not want be King,then he must defeat Others,fake his death in final battle,and sail West.Every other place would made him King.

Congrats Theon, you just accidentally got married!
So dragonglass does fuckall against the zombies, rip. Just the Others themselves, huh.

Tyrion and Gerion are bonding,Tywin is hidden Viserys fan,And Viserys is finishing Victarion.What next? return to Westeros,or sailing West?

Theon is making succesfull run for freedom with new waifu Ygritte.Good for them.Althought - maybe he would be happier with Nightqueen? :)

If Victarion really do not want be King,then he must defeat Others,fake his death in final battle,and sail West.Every other place would made him King.
Viserys' plan right now is finish of Victarion and go back to Westeros. It will of course be made to adapt, once he finds out what's going on (Probably going to make at least a stop in Essos). I'm halfway done a Viserys PoV and will finish it after I make/eat dinner.

I wanted to try something different with the Wildlings, insteaad of yet another cross the Wall idea.

Viserys is a knight, he can just go home with Garlan to the disgraced Mander Kingdom and study at the Citadel/Teach and get room and board at the Hightower (as a household knight).
Or he can be a travelling Hedge knight/wizard.
Or maybe he just goes to the Iron Isles on Asha/Garlan's request and makes them a Kingdom again (instead of being divided between River/Wester lands.) And he can keep and eye on the conniving Ironborn/Whatever Jaime is doing.
Maybe he goes and stays with Aegon (I have 2 years before the Faith gets Summerhall and Renly did make the Summerhull ship from the chopped down walnut trees).
Maybe he lives with Rhaenys in the Sorrows and evaluates Daemon.
Maybe he goes to King's Landing and gets fooled/goes against Cersei and is given Dragonstone.
Maybe he goes to Skagos and becomes Sandor's knight/gets given land by Lyanna/Ned.
Or maybe Viserys goes to Starfall and hangs with Barristan.
Or maybe he goes and deals with the Pentos War and takes over.
He might go right for the Wall and try to work with Mance.

Congrats Theon, you just accidentally got married!
So dragonglass does fuckall against the zombies, rip. Just the Others themselves, huh.
He just needs to impress her so he avoids losing his manhood like in canon.

Yeah Dragonglass and Valyrian steel have no extra effect on wights in book and early show canon. Which made me realize the Necromancy might be new. In the original Long Night, the Others would have won with an army of the dead. But we have no legends of the dead, only Winter and the storms. So I think the Others originally fought man/children/giants by themselves using Ice magic.

All we really have is the burning of the Night's Watch/Wildling dead. But like how not all 19 castles got built with the Wall, some traditions got added (like no wives/children, which I think only came after the Knight King).

Reactions: ATP
Chapter 16: Not Really My Type (Viserys)
Chapter 16: Not Really My Type
Viserys Ashtar

The moment Coppernicus lifts himself, Margaery stiffens in my arms. When he begins bounding up and down, she tightens her grip around me. As soon as he throws himself into to air, she let's out a terrified gasp and buries her face in the crook of my neck.

"It's alright," I reassure her with an amused tint to my voice. "My boy might be awkward in the air but he's never fallen. And even if he does, Coppernicus is a darn good swimmer."

Her iron grip on me loosens the smallest amount. "Really?"

"He's got a pretty mean draggie paddle if I do say so myself." I get a giggle from her and her body relaxes in my arms. "Thanks for playing along back their. You really helped me out of a bind."

"What are you talking about? They tried to make you King." She shifts around and keeps her tight gaze locked on my own.

And it seems to keep happening, no matter how hard I try to avoid it."Not really my thing."

I might have to stay at the Citadel for a while, once we get back to Westeros. I'm not going back just to screw up whatever stability Stannis has managed to attain.

"Garlan said as much," She shifts in my lap again so she's fully facing me now. "Though Grandmother never seemed to believe him."

"I'm sorry if I got your hopes up…" Only five years of practice keep me from panicking over how my words could come across. "But you do know the betrothal is a sham. You aren't really my type."

I get a single raised eyebrow from Margaery in response. "Oh? Is the that you don't like beautiful women or intelligent ones?" She smirks as I try not to lose composure, my face barely remaining carefree and in control of my emotions. "Or are you one of those men who likes a woman who does what she's told?"

"How do you know I'm attracted to women?" I was basically a statue before Arianne and I doubt she was forthcoming with the world about our activities.

This just makes her laugh a little hard and pat my chest with a hint of condescension. "My Grandmother isn't senile yet, I still trust the accuracy of most of her reports."

"It's not that you aren't attractive and I know you're intelligent…" I trail off awkwardly as I try not to hurt her feelings. Margaery in both series wanted to be the Queen, which means she's just not someone I can afford to entangle myself with.

"But?" She demands with a playful enough smirk to let me know I haven't truly offended her. "What is it, do I smell terrible or something? If I do it's your fault, I used the soap Elyse gave me." The fake gag she makes when she sniffs her armpit nearly has me drop her in surprise but she just grabs on even tighter.

With her sandy blonde hair pressed into my face right below my nose, I take a quick sniff to play along. "You smell fine, great even." I assure a giggling Margaery. "I've just be informed by my own informants that you have a desire for the Iron Throne. Maybe Joffrey would be a better choice for you to ply your… ample charms on."

I did my best to make him tolerable. I can only hope the boy hasn't let Cersei rule his every thought.

"Who is your informant, my grandmother?" She frowns at me long enough I begin to feel silly. "Because I don't know if anyone has told you, but the Iron Throne is cursed." Her delivery is so serious I find myself stiffening under the confident maiden.

"…What?" My response has her shake her head at me.

"I thought you had been the one to figure it out," Margaery seems to already be sold on the idea and speaks to me as if I'm a particularly slow child. "It's starting to look as bad as the one on Harrenhal. Everyone who who tried to put a claimant on the throne is getting close to being only a memory."

Was only joking when I first said that back in King's Landing… but Margaery's starting to convince me of my own theory. I broke one curse on my family, this one should hopefully be a little bit easier.

I finally know what my goal is going to be when we return to Westeros. Can't just leave the royal family cursed, I'm kind of related to them.

Do a tour and check in on everyone, see how Hoster's been treating mother and Dany. She must be blossoming into a beautiful young woman by now, free from the horrors my body could have caused her.

The twins must be little people by now and not just pudgy platinum haired babies. Baelor and Jaenaera might not even know about me or Rhaegar. It's going to amazing to find out who they are.

Wonder if any of them hatched the eggs Sandor brought them, or what Renly did with he one's I was going to give to Aegon and Rhaenys. Maybe Duncan got one?

And for that matter, did Stannis ever find out who was behind all the attacks? I killed Varys over a decade ago, he can't have planned that far ahead. So who took over as mastermind once he was gone? Who do I need to exact my bloody vengeance on?

"We're about to land so you may as well look," My voice is calm as Coppernicus begins descending to the Celebration. "Even if we fall, it's close enough to swim now."

Margaery gives me a hard stare before deciding to trust me. Her head swivels to the side and her eyes widen in awe of the sparkling ocean. The reef below us is only going to be visible for another hour or so and I know it's sprawling pink coral is breath taking the first time you see it.

"… It's an entire forest down below the surface." Her voice trembles as our descent picks up speed. "So many different animals I've never even seen before."

"Don't worry, my boy will absorb almost the entire landing. It's surprisingly a soft landing compared to when he hops around." Raising my voice so she can hear me over the wind, I keep a carefree smile as I act like nothing strange is going on. "You'll make sure the nice maiden doesn't have a scary landing, won't you buddy?"

We get a series of chirping barks as Coppernicus confirms my words. The attitude in his voice annoys me because it's not like we go flying with new people very often and they normally get a few days to work up to asking.

"Knock it off, you know I trust your judgment more than my own." I give him a comforting pat on the vertebrae in front of us. "Margaery just doesn't know how amazing you are yet, you'll have to let her get to know you on the trip. Maybe even let her throw you some fish while we wait for everyone else?"

We land on the commandeered long ship and it barely even rocks after so many tries. Margaery recovers a lot faster than I expect and gives me a relieved smile. "But no tuna right?"

"His favorite is salmon but it's not really the season for it." Pulling her close, we slide down the scales of tarnished copper. "You did good for a first time flier. I was unconscious for half of mine and Gerion threw up on me when we took him up."

"So about that duel…" I can tell she's planning something and I find myself enjoying the mental stimulation. "Can we do that before Garlan gets here. He's going to try and insist on being my champion and that kind of defeats the whole purpose of showing you I know how to defend myself."

Her smile is confident and I wonder exactly how much Asha really taught her. Haven't really needed to use my head very much the last few years, Margaery will be good practice for Westeros. Still can't believe she ended up with Garlan though, am I going to find out Brienne has a betrothal in the works?

"Don't worry about it, I'm going to be increasing Westeros' supply of Valyrian steel weapons by about fifteen percent." The offer only seems to frustrate her. "You can take your pick out of the dozen or so pieces I haven't secretly shipped to Westeros yet."

Her lips curl into a calculating leer. "If it's all the same to you, I'd rather earn it."

"Alright but I don't think it'll be as helpful as you think." I'm still no better with a sword than I was years ago. I don't fight with grace but a savage ferocity better suited to heavier weapons.

"I don't care if even Garlan is impressed by you well you handle a sword." Her growled words get Coppernicus to hiss with what I know is his version of laughter. "You will never respect me the same way if I don't even try."

"I got to say…" I grab an oar that needs to be replaced and hack off the paddle section. "You really aren't what I expected.' One more swing and the oar is in the rough size of two makeshift training swords. "Thought you'd be more like one of the boring ladies."

"Grandmother was steering me that way but Garlan has been firm in restricting her contact with Loras and I." Her answer makes me hold in a laugh over Mace Tyrell being on the Wall. "It's given us a chance to grow a little more wild."

Her stance is worse than mine and I decide to test her skill level gradually. The series of smacks along my forearm shocks me and the thrust into my gut knocks the wind out of me. Gasping for breath, I'm not ready when she hooks a leg around my own.

With a quick snap of her leg I fall on my back and gasp, her piece of oar hovering above my face. "Garlan and Loras might have shown me a few things, once Asha got my Lord Brother to see reason of course." Her smirk is friendly but proud and I can't find any reason to blame her.

"You really are horrible though." She offers her free hand and pulls me back to my feet. "Not what I was expecting at all after the showing you had against the Ironborn."

"Well you earned your weapon, what do you want?" Instead of being mad or embarrassed, I'm incredibly intrigued by this change in someone I haven't interacted with before.

The laugh she lets out as she shakes her head back and forth makes my ears burn. "Garlan's sword, since he's more of a long sword man. How about you let him choose a replacement more suited for him."

"I was wondering why he ended up with the blade I sent for Dany." Just like Darksister, the short sword 'Thorn' was made for a woman's hand. "My writing isn't the neatest but I didn't think it was that illegible."​

Chapter 17: It Was An Accident (Bella)
Chapter 17: It Was An Accident
Bella Rivers

Crouched on Roberta's muddy brown head, I'm almost completely concealed by the reeds along the riverbank. "Shh Berta, we don't want Meera to see us this time."

It's been months since we've been able to surprise her and I refuse to believe it's because of my dragon's size. The river doesn't conceal her properly anymore, several sections of her back protrude above the water even with her laying in the middle.

"We just need to get better at hiding and we'll be able to scare Meera again." Jojen's at least a good sport and pretends for my prankster's glee, but his sister's almost always got her guard up. She really doesn't like Melisandre and the woman follows me around like a mother hen.

The Freys have been gutted and less than half the family remains at the twins. It's not like I'm really in any danger here in the Neck. And I can't really be found at keep that doesn't even exist.

Greywater Watch is any of the several dozen prepared campsites Lord Howland Reed is at that night. Howland knows who I really am… why can't I stay here forever?

I'd even marry Jojen if I had to, he's only annoying when he has a strange dream. Though they do seem do be happening more often.

Once Roberta is too big for the Neck to conceal her, I'm going to need to make a decision on my future. Do I go face my uncle Stannis and demand to be legitimized?

Or should I just take off for Essos? Melisandre has promised me Volantis will treasure my arrival and I'm nearly as good as a local with the language.

Meera comes out of her tent with a worried scowl on her face, her brown curls shaking with each step towards the river. "I can see half of Roberta plain as day." She pants out with frustration clogging her voice. "Can you please stop fooling around and come help me with my brother. He says something terrible has happened to the Starks and we need to go to Skagos."

"Jojen is a smart boy and his 'gods' show him signs that will benefit the First Men." Melisandre sits beside the campfire, her crimson eyes locked on the flickering flames as they have been for hours. "But in this they are aligned. A new priest of the one true faith shall be found on Skagos." You mean your faith, I still believe in the Seven thank you very much.

She still insists the Old Gods are nothing more than the spirits of dead green seers in some kind of collective network and not true deities anywhere near the level of R'hllor. Which has made her interactions with our hosts… tense.

Lord Reed can barely be around her for as long as a conversation requires, he gets all twitchy and looks ready to bolt. I guess no one here really likes her… I think it's only me and Jojen who will even talk to her willingly.

"So you're finally leaving?" Meera grins at Melisandre as I emerge from the reeds. "No more bright red target giving everyone away, or gripping about our Gods?"

"You're coming with us I assume," Counters the woman who's age I still haven't figured out, even after five years living with her. "Unless you're willing to leave Jojen in my 'sinister' hands."

"So you can bring him back to Volantis as sla-."

Before Meera can devolve into the same old argument with no resolve in sight, I cut her off firmly. "Duncan had the red dragon… right?"

The reason my question was so off topic is because at that moment one such scarlet beauty begins descending towards our camp. Skagos is around four hundred miles from here and the tired wing beats make me wonder if they even stopped.

Roberta can only fly a hundred miles or so in a day but I know the other three all had far more ease with it as hatchlings. They can probably do two or even three hundred miles with relative ease.

The dragon's scales are the color of fresh blood and looks to be about two thirds the length of my girl. He has the classic body structure I had heard stories of growing up, nothing like Roberta's far more serpent like body.

"I told you something bad happened." Grunts Jojen as we struggle not to be blown over.

I don't get a chance to remind him his dream was a little late. Roberta throws her upper body into the air with a warning screech and the exhausted Rhellagar barely manages to avoid a midair collision.

With a panicked flap at the last second, the crimson beauty goes over Roberta but smashes through a tree. The dragon and rider both tumble into the murky river, sending half of it raining down on the campsite.

"Make sure they're okay!" The first one to react is Lord Reed, barking out orders with a calmness I can only dream of.

His words have the fifty or so people currently with us springing into action. Soon a gasping boy is dragged from the water and I find the sight of Duncan's face stirs some of my old feelings of abandonment.

When he he coughs up a few buckets worth of muddy water, I even feel a little bad for him. He has none of the carefree bravado that drew me to him and instead seems to only be a withdrawn shell of himself.

"Duncan?" I speak once his eyes lock onto me as something familiar. "What are you doing here?"

"It was an accident!" Whatever distance he had managed to get from the trauma catches up and he collapses back to his knees sobbing. "I didn't want anyone to get hurt…" He trails of with sorrowful wailing that makes me forget my own feelings for now.

"What happened Duncan?" With the larger red dragon on it's side and vulnerable in the water, Roberta feels she's properly said hello to someone today. "And uh, sorry about Berta… she likes to surprise people."

My sneaky girl dives into the river and proceeds to nuzzle her nestmate. The mean attitude from earlier now replaced with one very happy to splash someone her own size for once.

"It's alright. I deserved it after what happened." He groans as he holds an obviously dislocated arm from moving. "Uncle Ned will never forgive me. I can't live in the North, not after what happened."

He wont be any less vague and so I try calming him down a different way. "Where are you going to go? Berta is getting too big to stay here for much longer, maybe I'll come with you."

"I think my Selmy family will let me stay with them for a while."

Melisandre is the one who interrupts this time, her eyes now watching me carefully. "If we go with Duncan South, I will not be able the save the Stark child."

Hope springs into my childhood friend's grey eyes. "You can do that?" You do remember that she's the one who made your grandmother come back to life and hatch the dragons.

"Only if Princess Bella chooses to go." The Red Woman simply shrugs and leaves it all on me. "She is the one I follow."

"Will you bring her?" Now he's begging me and my stomach sinks as I realize how hard it is to say no to such a pretty face. "Please, for me."

"And I'm guessing you're not coming with us?" Duncan sags with relief when he hears the tone of my voice.

He shakes his head and I see either tears or the last of the river water falling from his face. "Not after what happened." What did you do?

"Alright…" He never made me feel lesser for being a bastard and I do owe him for my dragon. "But we're even for Roberta now. You can't hold it over my head that you gave her to me anymore."

I wasn't who Ser Viserys intended Roberta to go to and hope those with 'purer' blood can't just take control of her. Though it would be fitting for nobles to just take whatever they want.

"Did I ever do that?" He frowns at me in concern.

"No." I shake my head eventually and slowly smile. "It is really good to see you again, even if it's for a horrible reason."

"You already said you would take us," Snorts Meera as my cheeks grow warm. ""You don't really have any bargaining power Bella." I would have if you'd have kept your mouth shut.

"In my dreams," Jojen comes to my defense with a tired sigh at having to break another fight up. "You know I haven't seen you with us Meera. If you come… you'll die or be taken."

His sister crosses her arms and hisses at him angrily. "I'm not letting you go beyond the Wall unprotected."

"Bella will be with me but you're destiny is in the South," He smiles at her and gestures to Duncan with his chin. "Just like Father's was."

Just this once, I need to work with Meera. "If you can an eye on my idiot friend Duncan… I'll make sure your brother gets where he needs to be safely."​

So,Margery stolen Viserys wildling style.Or maybe ironborn? she defeated him,so he is her salt-wife now.

Stark child taken by wildlings,i quess,but why Duncan blame himself ?
Or,maybe it was another Baelish plot? anyway,it would be nice if they discover that Others are real,and wildlings are simply try to flee.
P.S If wildlings contact Braavos,they would help them...if they have money.Have they? there should be some gold,mammoth tusk,furs and maybe diamond worthy of selling.

I've really been losing interest in the story.Viserys was supposed to die/vanish for all of book 2 and since he's now alive, it's thrown off the entire story going forward. It's turned into a power fantasy and I'm not having any fun writing it now.

So,Margery stolen Viserys wildling style.Or maybe ironborn? she defeated him,so he is her salt-wife now.

Stark child taken by wildlings,i quess,but why Duncan blame himself ?
Or,maybe it was another Baelish plot? anyway,it would be nice if they discover that Others are real,and wildlings are simply try to flee.
P.S If wildlings contact Braavos,they would help them...if they have money.Have they? there should be some gold,mammoth tusk,furs and maybe diamond worthy of selling.
Good catch on my paralel with Theon. MArgaery did indeed take him as a Salt husband.

Was blinded by a dragon's warning fire.

One of the Dragon riders was going to ally with the Wildlings and help them leave.

I just came from reading some of your comments on SB. I honestly didn't think you abrupt face losing interest in the story when like 1.5-2 weeks ago, you were talking about making it to like 6 or 8 books would happen. I mean, I guess that means something is going wrong when your enjoyment gets shot to hell abruptly because the Viserys parts were and are my favorite by far. I like this fic a lot; honestly, from reading a lot, your story is the first one to ever make me comment on any fic ever and I've been reading fanfic for about a year now and have seen thousands. I also do like well written power fantasies (which I think anything that has SI in it is in some way by virtue of people imprinting onto SI's with foreknowledge in a story or it being an SI) but if it ruins your enjoyment in the world, yeah something went wrong.

Viserys also isn't a god or anything yet, I'd say he is closer to the plot armor of book Euron or something. People do have other dragons to match him, gods and monsters that control souls still exist in universe, and in the past there are canonically people strong enough to pull the moon or asteroids out of orbit as well as cast millions wide people plagues. The deep ones still exist as a not talked about big threat towards progress too, and viserys still has magical secrets like the radioactive blood not yet talked about, but if you somehow immediately got drained of your like for the story yeah somethings wrong.

If you are going to end the fic, would you be willing to do an epilogue of ideas like some stories do when the authors get sick of writing them? Like you said you had ideas for many more books here, so could you just write a post with the ideas of all the plot points you wanted to cover and like a plot summary of how you wanted thinks to progress and end?
Thank you

I just came from reading some of your comments on SB. I honestly didn't think you abrupt face losing interest in the story when like 1.5-2 weeks ago, you were talking about making it to like 6 or 8 books would happen. I mean, I guess that means something is going wrong when your enjoyment gets shot to hell abruptly because the Viserys parts were and are my favorite by far. I like this fic a lot; honestly, from reading a lot, your story is the first one to ever make me comment on any fic ever and I've been reading fanfic for about a year now and have seen thousands. I also do like well written power fantasies (which I think anything that has SI in it is in some way by virtue of people imprinting onto SI's with foreknowledge in a story or it being an SI) but if it ruins your enjoyment in the world, yeah something went wrong.

Viserys also isn't a god or anything yet, I'd say he is closer to the plot armor of book Euron or something. People do have other dragons to match him, gods and monsters that control souls still exist in universe, and in the past there are canonically people strong enough to pull the moon or asteroids out of orbit as well as cast millions wide people plagues. The deep ones still exist as a not talked about big threat towards progress too, and viserys still has magical secrets like the radioactive blood not yet talked about, but if you somehow immediately got drained of your like for the story yeah somethings wrong.

If you are going to end the fic, would you be willing to do an epilogue of ideas like some stories do when the authors get sick of writing them? Like you said you had ideas for many more books here, so could you just write a post with the ideas of all the plot points you wanted to cover and like a plot summary of how you wanted thinks to progress and end?
Thank you
I was trying to hide the lose of motivation for about 15 chapters, hoping I would get over it. It's the story I wanted to write not being what I made the fic sound like it was going to be. I made it sound like a trilogy/series instead of 3+ individual books in the same timeline.

Honestly, the issue is more that I'm not enjoying the Viserys sections and should have made book 2 firmly Viserys free. Probably should have even made a new thread so I could be clear the story was a post SI's "death" fic. With Viserys being found at the very end of book 2 and I can do a spin off book showing his voyages/vacation.

I should have done book 1 and a side story of Dunc and Dog. Because in book 1 the Duncan adventure felt out of place.
Book 2 should have been the none Viserys PoVs and Margaery finds his lamp clue at the end of book 2, with a side story call Viserys' Vacation showing what he was doing once it was revealed he was alive.
Book 3 should have been the Tyrell/Viserys interactions and it should have been in Slaver's bay instead. With Jaime or Tyrion getting the companion story.

So I'm going to take a day or two and figure out my game plan. Not sure If I'm going to rewrite/reorganize and split the first book, or if I just go back and redo book 2. I'll need to see if I have any other things I need to cover up in book 1, besides Viserys living.

Edi: I really don't think it's going to work. The problem goes back farther than I thought and really I'm writing 3 stories at the same time. I think the only way I can salvage this, is by dropping the Westeros PoVs.

PS: I will share an outline of my plans of I do decide to stop the fic, but not if I continue the Viserys parts

Last edited:
Then send Viserys West,or South.You are author,you are not supposed to do what people want.
Your first mistake was let people choose Viserys bride - you should gave him girl choosed by you,not people here.Or,to be precise,girl choosen by logic of your story.

Let people in Westeros think about thelselves - without Viserys.Aegon the wise and his waifu Brienne

Keep writing,becouse your story is one of the best on QQ,SB and SV.

P.S rewriting almost always lead to abadonning story anyway - so do not try that,or only with few last chapters.

Then send Viserys West,or South.You are author,you are not supposed to do what people want.
Your first mistake was let people choose Viserys bride - you should gave him girl choosed by you,not people here.Or,to be precise,girl choosen by logic of your story.

Let people in Westeros think about thelselves - without Viserys.Aegon the wise and his waifu Brienne

Keep writing,becouse your story is one of the best on QQ,SB and SV.

P.S rewriting almost always lead to abadonning story anyway - so do not try that,or only with few last chapters.
Is Viserys really not coming across like a mary Sue? Because honestly that's one of the main reasons I'm not enjoying him. I keep worrying I'm making him too overpowered and hold back so much, those chapters are stressful to write.

The wife vote was because I added everyone I like and was right age. I honestly didn't care who won, I had ideas for each one.

If Viserys doesn't seem overpowered/that's what everyone likes... I guess I'm worrying for nothing. I just want Viserys to struggle for things, I guess I'll just add a Viserys section to every chapter and stop worrying. Everyone's responses have really gotten rid of nearly all of my stress that has been building for the last week or so..

Is Viserys really not coming across like a mary Sue? Because honestly that's one of the main reasons I'm not enjoying him. I keep worrying I'm making him too overpowered and hold back so much, those chapters are stressful to write.

The wife vote was because I added everyone I like and was right age. I honestly didn't care who won, I had ideas for each one.

If Viserys doesn't seem overpowered/that's what everyone likes... I guess I'm worrying for nothing. I just want Viserys to struggle for things, I guess I'll just add a Viserys section to every chapter and stop worrying. Everyone's responses have really gotten rid of nearly all of my stress that has been building for the last week or so..

You are writing for your fun firstly,not ours.Your Viserys is not superman,only extremally lucky.Do not bother with it,GRRM used it to help Lannisters win when either Renly or Stannis should be victors.
Not mention show and sir Twenty Goodman.

P.S could you be so nice and actually introduce sir Twenty Goodman?

Chapter 18: Two Days Prior (Duncan)
Chapter 18: Two Days Prior
Duncan Selmy

When Robb, Gendry, and I finish what I really hope isn't going to be our last training session until Joffrey leaves, we enter the cozy hall to break our fast with the others. Both are rather evenly matched but I take secret pride in me being a clear step above them both. Having Barristan the Bold for a father isn't so bad I guess.

As I almost take my seat beside Jennelyn to Lord Baelish's raised eyebrows, my sister saves me with a cough. The Master of Truth's gaze follows me as I awkwardly slide my bowl a few seats over before he goes back to his whispered conversation with Tasha.

She got cozy with him awfully fast. Is she trying to find a match with more clout than Bronn? He's the only one on Skagos pursuing her seriously and I'd feel a little bad for the guy after all we've been through.

"I'm glad you finished early," Uncle Benjen broaches as soon as I have a mouthful of porridge. "We have some shocking news and Lyanna is going to need everyone to be especially kind with Prince Joffrey."

I haven't seen my cousin since I left Griffin's Roost and I didn't even know us related at the time. Just thought he was a spoiled brat trying to take all my time with Viserys. I do need to remember to keep that part a secret though.

Sighing heavily at finally knowing who I am but not being able to share it with the world, I let Robb ask for us. "What happened Aunt Lyanna? Did Joffrey's ship get lost?" His voice is carefree and his face relaxed… right up until he gets and answer from her.

"Pentos attacked Storm's End," But Storm's End has never fallen! "King Stannis died of his injuries with Princess Shireen and Prince Renly both missing."

What?

"How?" Gasps Dany for everyone, shock plastered across her face as she drops her spoon into the bowl.

"That hasn't been explained but once Joffrey has made his choice," Lord Baelish explains with a wink that thankfully elicits no response from Mother. "He and she shall both return to King's Landing for the Coronation."

My sister is the first to react, slamming her rage filled fists against the table hard enough to knock her mug onto the floor. "How is that fair? Father died and we get shuffled off to some frozen island, but Joffrey gets to be King?"

She's been nothing but furious since learning of Joffrey's visit and I can't even offer her any public support as long as Lord Baelish is here. Same reason I'm hiding who I am.

Except… why are we still hiding here? The dragons are all big enough that they aren't endanger anymore and we're old enough to decide for ourselves.

I don't want to be King or anything, Viserys made it very clear how much it ruins a family. But unless Dany or Jenn are giving Gendry a dragon… the secrets not going to last very long.

That warm beach he kept talking about sounds pretty nice. Maybe I should go find myself one?

I miss the rebuttal while I'm lost in thought but it only makes Jenn's face go as red as my dragon's scales. "I'm not going to be here long enough for any choice to be made!" She turns to Dany and I find my own temper rising. "You can have him. Enjoy being Queen!"

My sister jumps to her feet, the long black braid swinging with her every motion as she dashes from the hall in a rage. Uncle Benjen is already halfway outside before he's instructed to keep an eye on her, Gendry grumbling as he follows.

She hasn't actually run away yet, despite claiming she will every week for the last two years, which means hopefully she'll have gotten the anger under control by supper time. If she hasn't, I'll see if she wants to go scout the bay for wildlings once it's dark.

"But I don't want to be Queen." Daenerys has an expression of horror on her face at the idea and firmly declares i]t for all to hear.

That only intrigues Lord Baelish and he leans towards my aunt with gleaming eyes. "Why ever not? Don't you feel the throne stolen from you?"

"Why would I?" She smirks back and shrugs casually. "I can't find my brother if I'm stuck in King's Landing."

"You have reason to believe he survived his miracle?" Interest has the Master of Truth steeple his fingers.

"Only that I know in my heart he did." Dany's never been able to find any physical proof but she claims the mysterious gifts are from him but insists they are. They've come almost halfway between our namedays but her name is the one carved onto the chests.

Her glass candle hasn't done anything but flicker every once and a while but it's not like many people would send Valyrian steel to Skagos. Especially without taking credit for handing over four priceless blades.

No one's been able to explain away the watch also got four of the weapons but have ensured they will eat for the next decade. A single one sent to Braavos was more than enough to fill their coffers even after reopening a few castles.

"Well I-" Lord Baelish's charming reply is cut off when the bell at the docks rings, announcing the sighting of Prince Joffrey's ship. "Guess that means he's here."

"Maybe the Prince will be awed at the sight of me and forget all about you two," Sansa has dreams in her green eyes and I can only pray she gets let down easy. Though knowing Joffrey… she'll likely be sobbing within the first hour.

"He doesn't like to be kept waiting," My groan is joined by several more. "We better get down to the docks before he thinks we're late."

By the time we all make it to the pier, the Lannister ship is close enough for absence to have been noted. "He's not going to be happy."

"Well let's hope his mother's letter makes him forget how late we where." Sighs Mother Lyanna, her lips set into a scowl. "And remember to be nice, most of you know what he's going through right now."

When he and his white cloak guard finally reach us, the tense greeting is delayed when Joffrey is handed his mother's letter. My mother does her best to brace him for whatever it says but the Prince just closes in on himself.

"Father is dead…" He stutters out the words with a chocked sob, doing his best to remain strong in front of strangers. "And Shireen is missing." He lists off a few more fates before his eyes nearly spring from his face.

"One of Renly's eggs hatched!" The shriek of disbelief has my mind racing. "And it's bonded to Orys…" His glee almost instantly shifts into shattered hope. "Grandfather thinks it would be best for me to remain here until Pentos has been dealt with. So Orys' reign can be properly established before I return."

I guess we really do know exactly how he feels. "I'm sorry Joffrey." With no one else saying anything, I'm left as the only one who really knows him.

I know he's shaken to the core because he doesn't protest the hand I put on his shoulder. If an egg hatched, that means we have no reason to keep our own dragons a secret.

"Viserys was right…" He whispers with grim resolve. "The throne is cursed."

"You knew my brother well?" Of course Dany is able to see past her own frustration before anyone else and latch onto what she finds most important in his words.

"He treated me like his brother…" Joffrey glances at my aunt and blinks in surprise at the strawberry pink hair. "But you don't look anything like I remember." He frowns at the face being Targaryen but such a strange hair color. "Why is your hair pink?"

I'd like to know if she has a reason beyond liking how it looks but was always to polite to ask. Dany just smiles back at the Prince and shrugs sadly. "After my Father was killed and I learned he wasn't actually mine by blood…"

She trails off awkwardly and I understand fully. I didn't like learning the Mad King was my grandfather either.

"But I wanted to show the world which father I chose." With a grin of growing confidence, Dany holds out a hand which Joffrey reflexively kisses. He's at least well trained in his manners, not nearly as spoiled as I remember.

"Do you want to see our dragons?" I blurt out for some reason I cant fully understand.

It's better to reveal them on our terms instead of it being reported and that's what I'll tell the others. "Orys' can't carry a person for about six months, so you can still ride one before him."

"So the reports from the Watch had been true," Purrs a very interested Lord Baelish and I want to smack myself for forgetting his presence. "You have a dragon? I wonder if that means the one in the Sorrows is also a reality."

"I told you Viserys was alive!" Daenerys cries out in triumph. "I need to go find him."

"Viserys is the only one who can help me make Mother understand." Agrees Joffrey as his hold on my aunt's hand tightens into a firm grip of support. "Will you help me go bring him home?"

She finds a loophole in Mother's rules. "No one said we couldn't take you flying, only the Starks are stuck on the ground."

With the knowledge of dragons at the end of the ride, the unicorns are no more than an oddity compared to something called stabbits. Joffrey does far better on his first ride than I expected and I have to admit he's following the guidelines we gave him perfectly. I think his voice is even higher than Sansa's right now.

Three are already stabled outside the cavern claimed as the dragons' den and the sound of yelling can be heard as we go inside. I call out to warn my sister things aren't what she thinks, only for her to shriek at me with a finger pointed at Joffrey in betrayal.

"What is he doing here?" Viserion senses her fury and lunges towards us in an attempt to scare defend his lair.

A gout of silver fire streaks towards us and only instinct has me knock Daenerys to the ground in time. With the others in the tunnel, they have no way to escape the searing flame.

Robb slams into Joffrey from behind and knocks him onto his belly, but Sansa was bringing up the rear. Just as the pale fire reaches them, he kicks her legs out from beneath her.

Sansa shrieks in pain as her scalp ignites but Robb doesn't even get a last sound. His charred body collapses in a heap of charred bones and I can only wish myself dead.

This is my fault. I'm the one who invited Joffrey, knowing full well how angry my sister was.

"No!" Benjen roars in anguish and dashes for Sansa, smacking out the smoldering hair.

I can't here anything else, my heart hammers in my chest and I react on instinct. Mother will know what to do.

It's not until I'm on Rhellagar's back and following a panicking Jenn outside that I realize my first thought was of Ashara. All this time searching and my family was right beside me the whole time. I'm the one who ran away and they gave me as much space as I needed to deal with my anger.

Viserion's silver body flaps North even as Rhella's scarlet wings bring me South. My sister and I lock eyes for only a moment but it's enough for me to regret ruining her life as well.

Viserys Ashtar
As the fleet of swan ships pull into the bay, we manage to catch nearly every ship that tries to flee. Only four are far enough away to make us break formation and so I regretfully let them be taken North.

We're outnumbered as it is and I can't afford to lose any ships in a chase. "Give the signal! I want a carpet of arrows on each ship."

My roared command is followed by an orange flag going up the Celebration's mast. As soon is it hits the top, thousands of arrows fill the sky and rain down on the enemy ships.

"You have command Garlan," I clap my friend on the back and make my way to Coppernicus.

"But why will the fleet listen once you're in the air?" He snaps in concern as I climb into my regular seat a vertebrae behind the base of my dragon's neck.

"Because they think you're my goodbrother and have no reason to argue." So you better not give them any, unless you'd rather I go back to the Summer Isles.

Doubt I'd be able to come North until the Others are marching openly and by that point… will I really even make much of a difference?

"You really thinking killing Victarion will make the rest surrender?" His pretty boy face is twisted into a worried scowl and I hope it gives him wrinkles.

"Thoros isn't the only Red Priest and it's the one Victarion has gotten a hold of that's been giving him such perfect intelligence." I can't believe I forgot about Moqorro… he's the only reason the Ironborn in Essos had any chance of success.

"Margaery is going to watch you closely in the air, we're not letting you fake your death again." His smile is teasing so I don't snark back.

Instead I settle for some general good advice. "Well make sure someone gives her a far-eye. Otherwise she'll see nothing once I land."

"Already got one!" My words get her to lean out of the dragon's nest and wave one such device at me.

"Just be careful." My whisper is only heard by an anxious Coppernicus, who takes some encouraging to throw himself into the air. "Don't want to lose anymore friends."

A steady stream of smoke from his mouth leaves us with cover in the sky and within only a few loops around the fleet, the sky is hazy with ash. "The big one with the black and gold sails is our target but we can still make the pirates suffer."

My reluctant dragon concedes with a whistled growl followed by a torrent of hot ash covering a dozen ships. The sails ignite on all of them and leave them helpless, but we don't use enough to ensure the crews die. No time to be thorough, I need to rip the head off this snake and fast.

We slam down hard on the long ship not to screams of fear but roars of challenge. Victarion and his priest cry out in triumph over my arrival and it's only when he roars commands to his crew, that I finally realize the extra sails are not over mere crates.

Three steel cages are revealed with snarling reptiles about half the length of Coppernicus. The wyverns are a brownish green color and each one has a wickedly sharp spike on the tip of their tails.

"Finally get to show you who the real King of the Summer Sea is!" Howls the Ironborn as he swings an ax through the chains holding one of the cages shut. "You aren't the only one who can tame himself some beasties."

I feel Coppernicus tense underneath me as the wyverns emerge from the cages with angry hisses. Of course I'm as stiff as a statue because I was not expecting an actual plan from the brute beyond maybe a scorpion.

"Big one first and maybe we can get the others to back off." Trying to remain calm and focused on victory, I clench my legs to signal my companion.

He answers with the timing only brought on by years of closeness and lunges for the largest wyvern before it can get in the air. Roars and hisses fill the air as his tail thrashes above me, the other two wyverns trying to find an opening to strike.​

You are writing for your fun firstly,not ours.Your Viserys is not superman,only extremally lucky.Do not bother with it,GRRM used it to help Lannisters win when either Renly or Stannis should be victors.
Not mention show and sir Twenty Goodman.

P.S could you be so nice and actually introduce sir Twenty Goodman?
Thanks I need to be reminded of that sometimes. I have a really big problem taking on responsibiliy and should'nt have felt like I owed anyone chapters.

First I learned of this meme, so I'm going to need to modify it for my own uses. Lady Tenmaiden? More insulting for ten maidens to beat an army? They can marry and have thirty children.

Jennelyn: it is not my foult!
Duncan: it is all my fault!
Baelish: Chaos is ladder !!! BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Robb: water,please!
Ned&Catelyn: NOOOOO!!!
Lyanna : my children behave in weird way,somebody must bad influence on them.Certainly,not me !
Dany: must find Viserys !
Joeffrey:Me,too!

Viserys: please,no.I am going to find Atlantis.

Shireen: welcome cousin,they are nice people and decided to crown you.
Renly: and we are both part of your royal harem !

Happy end.

What happens when a skinchanger dies?

Catelyn: NOOOOO!!!
Lyanna : my children behave in weird way,somebody must bad influence on them.Certainly,not me !
Dany: must find Viserys !
Joeffrey:Me,too!

Viserys: please,no.I am going to find Atlantis.

Shireen: welcome cousin,they are nice people and decided to crown you.
Renly: and we are both part of your royal harem !

Happy end.
Cat and Sansa's reaction will be interesting.

Lyanna needs Maege to come smack some sense into her.

So many of these kids are related, it's hard finding ways to pair them off that don't offend my modern sensibilities.

Viserys is more like "I'm coming home and you all better be playing nice with each other."

Show Renly I would add for sure, but book Renly is a pass. I like surfer bodies on my men and runner/volleyball bodies on my woman

Viserys won't be able to run away once he learns his kids are in Cersei's hands.

Not going to lie. Robb's death feels unnecessary. That whole scene feels like it was thrown in just for shock value.
Nope (But I can see how it would look like that). He was always going to be the Skagos teens' Edmure/Canon Dany being faced with her dragon killing a kid. Don't keep 3 dragons in a cave, when fall should have had seperate nests. canon Viserion and Rhaegal are vicious while chained and I was showing this was something beginning to affect the dragons.

Viserys knows how to raise his dragon, none of the kids have any idea what to do except the same stuff done in the Dragonpit. I honestly thought lighting Sansa's head on fire would be what people thought was gratuitus.

Chapter 19: Well This Is Awkward (Joffrey/Daemon)
Chapter 19: Well This Is Awkward
Joffrey Baratheon

"Are you alright?" The bastard Gendry is the only one outside Sansa's room when I make my morning check in to pray for her. He paces back in forth in front of the door, his hands clenching tightly every few seconds as he tries to keep his anger controlled.

It looks like he hasn't moved since last night and I feel bad for the boy who looks oddly familiar. Daenerys and her pale blue dragon flew for Winterfell to bring at least one of the injured girl's parents back. It seems like she'll last at least a few more days under the maester's care.

Only a few minutes after Duncan and Jennelyn vanished into the clouds, Daenerys was angling Southwest with by far the most speed off the three. The Tulgaryen maiden didn't even say goodbye as she took off like a thunderbolt.

On the powder blue Viserion, she's like a falcon compared to geese. I remember clearly the larger two dragons lifted off noticeably slower and consider that the best time to strike.

I may not have had the time to train with a bow as consistently as Viserys did but I'm a better than average shot with a crossbow. Scorpions are just really big ones.

"I just wish I could do something to help," He admits with no energy, only a grim scowl on his face as he finally looks up at me.

Does he really think Lord Stark will just allow a bastard to court his daughter? Sansa's condition at least gives me a way to begin repaying the Stark family, but I have no idea what Gendry Waters could offer.

I'll use every bit of power my name holds in making sure Sansa gets the best care. She just needs to hang on until one of Aegon's healers can be brought North.

"So do I." I walk over to the window and allow Gendry a moment of sympathy.

A large wriggling dark shape is coming out of the clouds but I hear no calls of alarm from outside. That's a brown one though… I thought they only had three dragons?

"How many dragons live on Skagos?" I already know the answer and can't believe they hadn't at least given them all separate caves to live in. "Because that one's brown and looks more like an eel with wings."

"My sister's dragon hatched different than the other three and didn't want to come North with us." His words only leave me with more questions but I restrain myself until he's finished. "Was too cold for Roberta and so she's been living in the Neck."

"Her dragons name is Roberta?" That's so… stupid. "Why?"

Gendry nods slowly as I lose sight of the dragon when it lands. "She was named after our father."

"And he was?" What, a Connington? Why are yo

Finally a smirk crosses Gendry's face as he relishes my curiosity. "King Robert Baratheon of course." My jaw drops in disbelief and he just chuckles. "If you think I'm lying, go ask Lady Lyanna."

If that's true… how many people actually have a claim on the throne? Shouldn't we have had a Grand Council at some point? Is Grandfather just going to ignore precedent and do whatever he wants?

"I believe you." Which means you're my cousin and I need to stop treating you like my lesser.

I suppose their fathers had been best friends. Gendry might even be acceptable once he gets knighted. I'll need to speak with Sandor before I leave, make sure he's giving my cousin his best care.

Still hard to think of him as Lord Houndsworth and a father. He was resisting his knighthood the entire time he lived at Storm's End and now he smiles almost every single day. It even reaches both eyes.

You're one of the only people I'll be able to trust now that I'm going to be stuck as merely the Prince of Dragonstone. And that's just going to be taken from me once Orys has a son.

"How did you hatch the eggs anyway?" Renly still has one egg left, maybe I can hatch it for myself before Orys is crowned.

"Queen Rhaella was brought back to life by Melisandre…" Gendry jerks upright as he realizes something. "The Red Priestess!"

"What?" Someone came back from the dead! "How was that not something shouted all over the Realm?" It would have gotten the Essosi religion more followers than the handful of converts they've managed to gather down in Dorne.

It's not Gendry who answers me, instead a confident woman's voice calls out from behind me with an accent from farther East than I can ever remember hearing. "She chose to return to the side of R'hllor instead of enduring the constant pain of a second life. Queen Rhaella used her own flame to hatch the dragons."

"Stop being so mysterious," A younger girl's voice closer to my own age growls at the woman in extremely bold red robes. "That's why only Jojen and I will even talk to you anymore."

She looks like Gendry and I realize this is my other cousin. Does everyone with Baratheon blood look like one except for me? Bella is dark haired and blue eyed, with two inches on me at least. I think this makes Duncan the only relative shorter than me.

"Can you help Sansa?" Gendry blurts out and makes the Red Woman smirk back at him.

"I can but I'm going to need someone with King's blood to… provide me some of it." She vaguely explains, sending a chill right down my spine when her gaze bores through me.

I did say I'd do anything. "How much do you need?"

"Only a couple leeches worth, you'll barely feel a thing." Her answer is at least clear this time and so I shake off the nerves that have been building.

"Are you sure?" Gendry's face is pinched awkwardly and I nearly laugh when I realize he wanted to be the Stark girl's hero.

"I owe it to Robb." Otherwise I'd let you save the fair maiden yourself. "A few leeches aren't a problem." I'm going to need to prove I consider you family if I want your loyalty, which will be harder than I would like after the last few days.

"I don't think you understand," Giving me a bland expression, Lady Melisandre instead shifts her gave to my cousin. "As long as the Iron Throne remains as a symbol of united Westerosi rule, only Targaryen blood will be suitable for my needs."

But Father is only three generations removed… what's wrong with me? "My great grandmother is was Rhaelle Targaryen same as my cousins here…" I give Bella a far warmer smile than Gendry got on our first meeting and she awkwardly waves back.

"No she wasn't." A quick sniff of me is all it takes for the foreigner to dismiss my words. "You should really speak with your mother."

I go limp and barely manage to remain standing once those words crash into me. Gendry is quick to offer himself as a replacement with a concerned glance at me that I barely register.

All these hidden royals seem to be hiding from the crown and here I am a secret bastard trying to steal it from them. The saliva tastes bitter in my mouth and I'm barely able to swallow.

I need to speak with Daenerys when she returns and convince her to bring me with her. Viserys is the only one who will be able to speak reason to Mother and Lord Baelish is my lead right now. Better learn something useful before his sister gets back with whichever Stark parent is brave enough to fly.

"Don't let us be disturbed." The Red Woman warns as she shuts the door behind her and Gendry, the sight of Lady Lyanna is only briefly visible beside Sansa's bed.

"You're the Prince?" Bella gives me a long look, her eyes roaming up and down my body with a distinct lack of being impressed.

"And you're my uncle Robert's daughter?" She nods stiffly but this just makes me even more annoyed with my mother.

We need to have a Grand Council so this damned succession can finally be settled by all concerned parties. Letting only half the Lords Paramount have a say didn't work and I can only see the current situation a few years away from boiling over.

"Nice to meet you." Better see about getting her legitimized so she owes me personally for it.

Her eyebrows vanish in her bangs as she lets out a raucous snort. "… Wait. Do you actually mean that?"

"Of course I do." Viserys insisted the world may turn against me for reasons beyond my control but family would stand beside me. "We're family and if you wish the world to know it, I'll make sure you have our families name." Father stood beside King Robert during the Rebellion and I need mine to select me and my wife.

"What about Gendry?" She glances at the door when a gasp of pain comes from the room, followed by Aunt Lyanna's snarl to woman up.

I consider this carefully, knowing Gendry Baratheon would maybe even be ahead of me in line. "If he wants it, I'll make sure he gets it." Just only after getting his oath to pledge for me when the time comes.

"Duncan and Dany said you acted like a little brat," My cousin laughs at my grimace. "But it seems like you really grew up."

"I had few friends at Storm's End and even less now in King's Landing." Only endless toadies who I can never really trust. "Father showed me that following the rules gives you respect from the masses and Viserys showed me that family will bring all the love one needs in life." With both of them gone, it's up to me to keep their beliefs alive.

Daemon Blackfyre
As the sun sets and the glow of campfires begin to line the horizon, I grow tense at how many more Dothraki have arrived today. At least thirty thousand have gathered to finally show us their wrath and I'm a little concerned at that many archers.

Rhaenys and I have more people split between Chroyane, Ny Sar, and Ghoyan Drohe. But even with all our smaller settlements along the river added to the total, we have less than ten thousand trained soldiers. Having three dragons really limits the need for a full size standing army.

If the Khalasars that have gathered farther South are similar in size, we're going to lose a lot of people when they charge. Volantis has a blockade along the border of their territory and it's stopped anymore of the Redwynne shipments.

It's clear they'll be moving on us with the Dothraki charge which is why Rhaenys is at Chroyane with two dragons right now. Volantis has probably been snagging a good supply of returning Greenblood Orphans as slaves. We're going to need to do something about that if we survive the battle.

Is Pentos going to push on us finally, or will it be the Three Daughters that come from the West? The horsemen have learned to stay in small enough groups that my dragon's flames barely take out a score at a time.

Once they see Queraxes' emerald green fire torching a camp, the rest will charge the river regardless of losses. Whoever makes the first move is choosing where the Dothraki cross the Rhoyne. Because as much as I want to be as confident as Rhaenys, this is what they call overwhelming odds.

It would be a lot easier if she'd admit Viserys isn't here or if I could just go my own way. But beside the dragons, I'm all she has keeping her from going over the edge. She'd burn the entire Dothraki Sea if I tried to find a life of my own.

I once thought I'd be mending the rift in our family by marrying Rhaenys. But now I just want to make sure my best friend doesn't tear herself apart.

Her mental well being isn't my only immediate concern and I almost dread Rhaenys' return. Unless we find someone for Aegorion to ride full time, we might need to set him free. He's almost half wild and I'm dreading the day he devours someone on an especially plump horse.

Qohor and Norvos have been forced to face the Dothraki's full force for four harvests now and I can only hope one of them decides to ally with us. Otherwise our little Kingdom will be gone before we even need to argue over who gets the crown.

Unless one of them head my emissaries words of warning, the massive hordes blood lust will not be sated on our meager lands. The Dothraki crash against their foes like waves from the sea and erode any resistance with the most mobile army in the known world.

Before our dragons changed things, armies fought where the Dothraki decided. Any attempt to charge them becomes an exhausting chase that only ends once the fastest have been slaughtered. Any attempt to turn the terrain against them, leads to the horse lords using bodies of the dead to break the resistance.

Dead men and beasts alike are used to foul water supplies, while raiders set the fields aflame along with any building that will burn. Once the Valyrians reduced the continent to a handful of walled cities, the rest found themselves to far away to survive the onslaught.

What I wouldn't give for a few thousand Unsullied. Or even just a way to turn the river salty for a day.

"How many more Khals do you think they're waiting for?" My words are swallowed by the wind but the intent is felt by my spoiled jade boy.

His answering screech still doesn't seem to accept that humans can harm him anymore and I'm concerned by how many arrows will be aiming for his wings tomorrow. Maybe instead of risking fire breath range, we can find some rocks to drop from the clouds. Won't even need to look very far, more buildings are rubble than habitable after so many centuries.

A final check on the river has me at least satisfied the attacks will be funneled to the six bridges. Maybe I shouldn't have insisted we build so many, it's not like I invented them. The locals could have built bridges if the thought it a worthy task.

Should have realized I was doing something wrong when no one else had attempted it for a century. I never even asked why they had so few and only got annoyed with how hard it was getting people across the river in large numbers.

We may have a few hundred riverboats but they're scattered, most only big enough to transport thirty people safely. The few archers I have will use the boats to flank the bridges and maybe even the odds.

The Dothraki are disciplined in battle… if nothing else. When they charge, the battle will shape the future of Essos for decades to come.

Notes: Have family doing a surprise visit and didn't have very much time.​

Last edited:
Responsible Joeffrey,who undarstandt that he never be King,so decide to help people becouse it made his position better.Cersei really help him by focusing on her younger son.Poor Orys,i wonder if he could be saved now.

And traumatized Daemon,who now only wont help Rhaenys,but helped Dothraki cross the river instead.But - there is actually good thing.Bridges are not good for calvary charges,as long as Daemon troops made barricade and hold it,Dothraki could not win.

Happy Hound - good to hear that.He deserved that.

Joeffrey idea of Great Councill would be good - if Cersei do not killed her husband.Now,we must have war.Or not ? Tywin could agree to execute her now.

Responsible Joeffrey,who undarstandt that he never be King,so decide to help people becouse it made his position better.Cersei really help him by focusing on her younger son.Poor Orys,i wonder if he could be saved now.

And traumatized Daemon,who now only wont help Rhaenys,but helped Dothraki cross the river instead.But - there is actually good thing.Bridges are not good for calvary charges,as long as Daemon troops made barricade and hold it,Dothraki could not win.

Happy Hound - good to hear that.He deserved that.

Joeffrey idea of Great Councill would be good - if Cersei do not killed her husband.Now,we must have war.Or not ? Tywin could agree to execute her now.
He's going to try and get voted in by his relatives, so he needs to do favors for them first so they owe him.

Daemon wants to help Rhaenys, he just has no idea how and she's only getting more reckless. When it gets really hard, he considers just flying away but he wont. Rhaenys is his only real friend and he loves her like a sister.

Sandor needed some happiness, and he got to deal with wild kids on the road, I doubt his kids can really be more trouble than Duncan/Bella/Dany had been.

Well almost everyone thinks the Storm's End tragedy was a Pentos plot, so Cersei is safe until Arianne wakes, Shireen/Patchface/Renly/Qyburn are found/wash ashore.

Chapter 20: Bald Wolf (Daenerys)
Chapter 20: Bald Wolf
Daenerys Targaryen

After I delivered the news to the Starks, Lady Catelyn collapsed against her husband. The wail of grief she let out over Robb's fate nearly broke my own resolve but somehow she gathered the courage to climb onto Viserion.

Arya insisted on coming and I'm very much regretting saying yes. She squirms between me and her mother

"Robb's not dead…" The girl who looks shockingly like Duncan growls at me so hard I can feel it. I remember Sansa telling me of her wild sister Arya and assumed she and Robb only exaggerating. "You're lying!" Brave girl to scream at the dragon's rider… or a really stupid one.

"Enough Arya!" Her mother snaps at the girl, her face tightly twisted into a grimace as she refuses to look down. "Your aunt wouldn't lie about something like this. I'm sorry Daenerys, Arya's not normally so rude with family."

"Family doesn't normally tell me lies about Robb and Sansa being lit on fire." Bitterly the youngest of us hisses in continued denial of my claim.

Why would I lie, if I was bringing you both right back to the scene of the crime. "You're really Sansa's favorite sibling?" I find it hard to believe Arya is going to ease anyone's comfort on Skagos. "Not the bookish one or the climber?"

Edith is off in White Harbor and Rickon is too young for me to risk allowing him a ride. But Arya has made every mile of flight feel like three grueling ones. Should have said Viserion could only carry two at a time.

"Robb is Sansa's favorite." She counters with her growl growing even louder behind me.

"He was a good choice," My words are resolute as I think back on his last moments. "He saved Sansa and Joffrey both with his fast action."

The sentence hangs heavy in the air and only my sister's hushed whispers fill the silence. Even though I didn't grow up with her, she unlike Lysa insisted I visit every year on my way back from Riverrun.

"He can't be gone…" Arya's voice is trembling as her mother holds her tightly. "… I didn't even get to say goodbye to him."

"I never got to say goodbye to Viserys either." I know how much it hurts to have your brother just torn out of your life and you're just left to. "They're probably sharing stories about having such troublemakers for sisters." At least I got that much with Mother's death.

Arya snorts at my words and finally start to relax when we leave Karstark lands, flying over the sea just as a pod of white whales herd a school of fish. Viserion even lets out a rumbling hiss that sort of sounds like concern just like my brother would whenever someone cried around him.

"Robb was always jealous of him…" Her and Cat share a quick laugh that manages to sneak out between the tears. "He's probably already bored Viserys back to his next life with all of his stupid questions."

"He really did want to know how he got four Lords Paramount to listen to a child hiding in the sewer." I do too but only Lord Jaime is even around to share the full story now. I'll need to pay him a visit before I go looking for Viserys.

I might not think my brother is dead but giving Arya false hope will do no one any good. If he could keep things calm for Rhaenys, I can do the same for my niece.

As the only one on Skagos making regular trips through the Neck, I actually recognize the large brown shape coiled around a bonfire. Did Bella see Duncan flying South and get worried?

Roberta notices us before any of the people and lets out a jet of brown steam that looks more like a cloud of dust. My own baby blue boy whines at the sight of his sister, clearly remembering how many pranks she likes playing.

"What is that?" Cat gasps at the nearly fifty foot long eel like creature.

Roberta's scales range from a reddish clay color on her wings and belly, to a far darker hue on her back. She's only about as wide around as I am tall but is a master of camouflage in her swampy home.

"The dragon that didn't like the cold." I remind her that we only brought three of them to Winterfell years ago. "Guess she toughened up as she got older."

Did my family know dragons could hatch so differently? Was it preference or only ignorance that left all of our ancestors' breathing fire?

"Why is that one so much bigger than this one?" Arya's question isn't delivered with any rudeness but I'm still annoyed by the words.

"Viserion's bigger than Ed and not that much smaller than Rhella." My defense of him is accompanied by a grumbled snort of agreement. "Now hang on to me, we're going to land now." And I'd really like it if you both remained in the saddle, we don't need any more injured Starks.

With a series of wide rings, Viserion descends towards the bonfire cautiously. He knows full well how devious his sister is and is prepared for a surprise that thankfully doesn't come until after we dismount.

A blanket of snow is sent cascading over Viserion's azure body with a single swipe of Roberta's massive tail. It's nearly half of her body length and ends in a harpoon like spike, with most of her back covered in brown spiky quills.

"I missed you too Berta," Letting out a giggle when she shoves her snout in my face for scratches, I have to disappoint the most energetic of the four dragons. "But now's not a good time to play. How about Viserion shows you his cave, it'll have lots of room with only the two of you."

"Where is she?" Catelyn cant wait any longer and hisses at me.

I lead the pair inside and Arya's restlessness swiftly changes into an awkward quiet. A pale faced Joffrey is the only one in the hallway when we arrive, though I can hear several hushed voices on the other side of the door.

"How's Sansa doing?" His expression doesn't fill me with confidence.

When he does look up an acknowledges our presence with a tight smile, I notice his gaze lingers on me for a few seconds. "Whatever the Red Woman did worked."

"Lady Melisandre healed her?" That's the only reason I can think of for them being here right now, considering it's always been us visiting the Crannog men.

Is that why Duncan flew South right away? Did he actually have a plan?

"But you told us Sansa was near death." My sister stammers out with hope flooding her voice. "How can she have been healed so quickly."

"King's blood." Is Joffrey's bitter answer. "Which I apparently don't actually have. Explains why Mother was so quick to give the crown."

"What?" My eyes must nearly be out of my skull as I gape at him in shock.

The Prince just stares me in the eye and growls angrily in response. "We need to find Viserys and stop Mother from tearing the Realm apart. Hopefully he'll be able to get through to Orys and Elyssa, she'll be filling their heads with lies right now."

"What kind of lies would a Queen need to tell?" Interrupts a very confused Arya, despite her mother's attempt to silence her.

"She's claiming Pentos is behind my Fathers death and the disappearance of the others." Joffrey is shaking with barely contained rage.

"Didn't Lord Baelish say that's who sent the Greyscale?" Is that just more misdirection?

"Petyr is still here?" My sister smiles at the news.

Her voice is loud enough to make the door swing open, revealing a smirking Lord Baelish. "Cat, it's so good to see you again. I was worried it would be a decade before it happened again."

He steps to the side and lets us enter, revealing quite the crowd. Lady Melisandre is beside Gendry who looks even whiter than Joffrey. Should he be laying down? A very concerned Benjen and Lyanna are on the far side of the room, with Bella and Jojen left to lean awkwardly against the wall.

Sansa miraculously looks like she's had months of recovery time and is breathing easily on the bed. Her blisters and burns are now only red scars a little worse than Sandor's, stretching from her nose all the way to the back of her head.

"But how?" Gasps my sister once she fully takes in her daughters condition.

"The Lord of Light gave me the ability to heal her Lady Stark and Gendry here gave me the blood I needed." Answers Melisandre as she stands to take Catelyn's hand. "He has gifts for his believers that the followers of your Seven can only dream of."

"Is she going to be bald forever?" Arya doesn't seem happy even slightly. "But Sansa loves her hair."

Notes: I'll be about 3 days before I have time to write every day again, sorry.​

Why not compromise ? all of that,tentacles,and harem of alien catgirls with big boobs.One for each tentacle.One catgirl,not one breast.And,of course he could fly and teleport,too.With X- rays to see all women nude.

Jokes aside - Melly could not made ashes alive.Unless author decide something else,it is his story.
Robb is warg,so his spirit is still alive in his direwolf,so he could be resurrected - problem is,he need body for that.But - that is for author to decide.

P.S How Joeffrey knew,that his mother islying? freom Baelish? he could not knew that,too.

Now, the Lord of Light should bring back Robb next.
Or Bloodraven

Jokes aside - Melly could not made ashes alive.Unless author decide something else,it is his story.
Robb is warg,so his spirit is still alive in his direwolf,so he could be resurrected - problem is,he need body for that.But - that is for author to decide.
Don't blind people need a seeing eye dog?

P.S How Joeffrey knew,that his mother islying? freom Baelish? he could not knew that,too.
He insisted Melisandre try and use his blood when Gendry passed out and it did nothing, that's why he was also pale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back