• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

One Rabid Fox changes the Succession Wars [A Battletech Isekai]

When it comes to the Warhammer, pride maybe? A competitor made it and supplanted their own design, and there'd be no point in producing more Battleaxe and Hammerhands if they're not gonna sell during the SL-era.

Though it is weird that they didn't do anything with the lines while the SL was around, and you'd think they'd have tried to open up the lines again with the demand of the Succession Wars before they lost the technical understanding to do so.

About the Thunderbolt, Earthwerks is mainly a CC and FWL company, and the states probably regulated as to who they could sell/license to. During the SL-era there was greater availability as to who you'd be willing to sell to, and I assume the FS got it through trade considering the advanced Thunderbolts were refits.

I think you meant to write Jumpships here.
I actually meant for it to be, "JumpsShips, not Dropships" unfortunately I type faster than my keyboard occasionally processes i've fixed that. here its a case of Yvonne reiterating to Alexandria exactly what she's getting involved with.

The FS really does have a crappy heavy mech selection beyond the MAD. For LRM support " Jagermech.…Kallon Industries created the JM6-A variant. The –A removes the two Mydron Model C medium autocannons in favor of a pair of Zeus LRM-15s."…. It needs more LRM ammo but works as a fire support mech. Unfortunately, the FS iconic heavy mech has less armor than the Thunderbolt mech even though they weigh the same 65 tons. I understand the different roles but even compared to a Catapult mech the Jagermech is lacking, with the Catapult having 10 tons of armor vs. Jagermech having 6 tons of armor.

Just looking at production not sure of mech and tanks… and I am
unsure how the FS did not die off. Very few heavy mechs are made, and for Assualt mechs, it looks like the only assaults are Victor and Atlas mechs and the Atlas is on a border planet. I thought the FS made the Battlemaster and the Stalker, but I do not see it after a quick search.

The FS really does have a crappy heavy mech selection beyond the MAD. For LRM support " Jagermech.…Kallon Industries created the JM6-A variant. The –A removes the two Mydron Model C medium autocannons in favor of a pair of Zeus LRM-15s."…. It needs more LRM ammo but works as a fire support mech. Unfortunately, the FS iconic heavy mech has less armor than the Thunderbolt mech even though they weigh the same 65 tons. I understand the different roles but even compared to a Catapult mech the Jagermech is lacking, with the Catapult having 10 tons of armor vs. Jagermech having 6 tons of armor.

unsure how the FS did not die off. Very few heavy mechs are made, and for Assualt mechs, it looks like the only assaults are Victor and Atlas mechs and the Atlas is on a border planet. I thought the FS made the Battlemaster and the Stalker, but I do not see it after a quick search.
Yeah paging tghrough this I'm not seeing it either

https://forum.questionablequesting....-battletech-isekai.15094/page-20#post-5874740

So in conclusion, by 3025, their domestic production of Heavy and Assault mechs amount to:
- Rifleman (AA, passable fire support), Jagermech (stock double downs on AA, low production -A variants are squishier Catapult) and Marauders (Good line mech) for Heavies
- Victor (Overweight heavy, decent brawler), Longbow (All the missiles, overweight Archer), and Atlas (The 3SW Assault mech, brawler with indirect fire support)

Oh wow, that, that lineup is something else. Looks like they mainly rely on imports and salvage for variety in their frontline Heavies, aside from the ones that survived throughout the SWs. Those Cataphracts and Longswords will really help give the FS some alternatives close-by.

The Suns also have currently unused guillotine and awesome licenses....
I know thats actually being set up for, it won't go into effect until afterwards I don't understand why the suns don't manufacture the awesome or a downtech guillotine

(but I don't understand why the Downteched pillager isn't a thing for the cappies).

40MM Antares Sentry Enforcer
the first of my light designs for ya imperator pax. the antares
Antares ANR-3T
Mass:
35 tons
Chassis: Dorwinion Standard II
Power Plant: General Motors 210 Fusion Engine
Cruising Speed: 64.8 kph
Maximum Speed: 97.2 kph
Maximum Jump Distance: 180 meters from 6 McCloud Special Jumpjets
Armor: Starshield A
Armament:
4 ChisComp 39 Medium Lasers
2 Zippo Flamers
Communication System: Achernar Electronics HICS-11
Targeting & Tracking System: Federated Hunter
Introduction Year: 3018
Tech Rating/Availability: D/X-E-D-D
Cost: 3,154,410 C-bills
Type: Antares
Role: Striker
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Introductory)
Tonnage: 35
Battle Value: 948

Equipment

Mass

Internal Structure

Engine

210 Fusion

Walking MP:

Running MP:

Jumping MP:

Heat Sink:

Gyro:

Cockpit:

Armor Factor:

Actuators: Hands, Upper, Lower for both arms.

Internal
Structure

Armor
Value

Head

Center Torso

Center Torso (rear)

R/L Torso

R/L Torso (rear)

R/L Arm

R/L Leg

Weapons
and Ammo

Critical

Tonnage

2 Jump Jet

LL

2 Medium Laser

CT

Jump Jet

RT

Medium Laser

LA

Flamer

LA

Heat Sink

LT

Jump Jet

LT

2 Jump Jet

RL

Heat Sink

HD

Medium Laser

RA

Flamer

RA

I haven't given it any quirks and honestly leave that up to you. fundamentally though its a Firestarter given some modifications to be legally different and remove some design flaws and to also be a more balanced design. One that's closer to a wolfhound with 2 flammers and jumpjets instead of the large laser in all honesty.

edit:
my second design for ya a early watchman/sentry which again lacks quirks due to me not yet giving it any. albeit they probably should match the otl design
Introtech Era Sentry
Mass:
40 tons
Chassis: Dorwinion Standard
Power Plant: Nissan 200 Fusion Engine
Cruising Speed: 54 kph
Maximum Speed: 86.2 kph
Maximum Jump Distance: 150 meters from 5 McCloud Special Jumpjets
Armament:
1 Parti-Kill Heavy Cannon PPC
3 ChisComp 39 Medium Lasers
1 ChisComp 32 Small Laser
1 Zippo Flamer
Cost: 3,121,277 C-bills
Type: Sentry
Role: Skirmisher
Tonnage: 40
Battle Value: 1,154

Equipment

Mass

Internal Structure

Engine

200 Fusion

Walking MP:

Running MP:

Jumping MP:

Heat Sink:

Gyro:

Cockpit:

Armor Factor:

Actuators Hand, upper, lower for both hands

Internal
Structure

Armor
Value

Head

Center Torso

Center Torso (rear)

R/L Torso

R/L Torso (rear)

R/L Arm

R/L Leg

Weapons
and Ammo

Critical

Tonnage

Jump Jet

LL

Medium Laser

CT

Jump Jet

CT

Heat Sink

RT

Jump Jet

RT

Medium Laser

LA

Flamer

LA

Heat Sink

LT

Medium Laser

LT

Jump Jet

LT

Jump Jet

RL

Small Laser

HD

PPC

RA

And my third design which is basically a slightly modified enforcer which due to being a enforcer doesn't need all the fluff filled out since its on sarna so here's the hard data for it. In summary what it does is that it axes the AC-10 for a 2nd large laser, max efficient armor aka 10.5 tons , 4 more heatsinks for a total of 16, and upgrading the secondary weapons to a robust total of 3 medium lasers vs the old designs single small one.

Enforcer ENF-4D
Mass:
50 tons
Chassis: Standard Biped
Power Plant: 200 Fusion
Cruising Speed: 43.2 kph
Maximum Speed: 64.8 kph
Armor: Standard
Armament:
3 Medium Laser
2 Large Laser
Communication System: Unknown
Targeting & Tracking System: Unknown
Introduction Year: 2777
Tech Rating/Availability: D/C-E-D-D
Cost: 3,575,500 C-bills
Type: Enforcer
Tonnage: 50
Battle Value: 1,215

Equipment

Mass

Internal Structure

Engine

200 Fusion

Walking MP:

Running MP:

Jumping MP:

Heat Sink:

Gyro:

Cockpit:

Armor Factor:

Internal
Structure

Armor
Value

Head

Center Torso

Center Torso (rear)

R/L Torso

R/L Torso (rear)

R/L Arm

R/L Leg

Weapons
and Ammo

Critical

Tonnage

2 Jump Jet

LL

Heat Sink

CT

Medium Laser

CT

2 Heat Sink

RT

Medium Laser

RT

Heat Sink

LA

Large Laser

LA

2 Heat Sink

LT

Medium Laser

LT

2 Jump Jet

RL

Heat Sink

HD

Heat Sink

RA

Large Laser

RA

Last edited:
Anyone want to do me a favor, and downtech the Cargo King dropship I don't have MML up but I know the er larges and artemis four need to go but is there anything else that needs to be gotten rid of

Last edited:
HR DropShip CargoKing
Anyone want to do me a favor, and downtech the Cargo King dropship I don't have MML up but I know the er larges and artemis four need to go but is there anything else that needs to be gotten rid of

The Cargo King doesn't seem to have any other lostech other than the automated Cargo Bays, but I think that can be fluffed away in MML, like the Hydroponics in the Invader. Removing the Artemis and swapping the LL to standard frees up 5 tons since the Heat Sinks are already at the minimum. Without touching the crew or the bays, I used the tonnage for 1 extra ammo per launcher, to compensate for the LRMs' lowered accuracy. If need be, the base crew can be lowered to 7, freeing up 42 tons. Without changing too much, that could be 4 extra LLs, 1 gunner officer quarters (Assuming the officer quarters are for the gunners, actual officers don't seem to need them), and 12 HS to keep it heat neutral. If you're not keeping the automation, the cargo can be cut down, using up the space and tonnage for steerage quarters for bay personnel.

Cargo King (3015)
Type: Military Spheriod
Mass: 12,500 tons
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Standard)
Introduced: 3015
Mass: 12,500
Battle Value: 1,967
Cost: 217,515,200 C-bills
Fuel: 389 tons (11,670)
Safe Thrust: 3
Maximum Thrust: 5
Heat Sinks: 128
Structural Integrity: 12
Armor
Nose: 82
Sides: 71/71
Aft: 62
Cargo
Bay 1: Cargo (2245.0 tons) 2 Doors
Bay 2: Cargo (2244.5 tons) 2 Doors
Bay 3: Cargo (2244.5 tons) 2 Doors
Bay 4: Cargo (2244.5 tons) 2 Doors
Ammunition:
162 rounds of LRM 20 ammunition (27 tons)
Escape Pods: 2
Life Boats: 2
Crew: 4 officers, 9 enlisted/non-rated, 4 gunners
Notes: Mounts 17 tons of standard aerospace armor.
Weapons: Capital Attack Values (Standard)
Arc (Heat) Heat SRV MRV LRV ERV Class
Nose (14 Heat)
1 Large Laser 8 1(8) 1(8) 0(0) 0(0) Laser
1 LRM 20 6 1(12) 1(12) 1(12) 0(0) LRM
LRM 20 Ammo (18 shots)
RS/LS Fwd (20 Heat)
2 Medium Laser 14 2(18) 1(8) 0(0) 0(0) Laser
1 Large Laser
LRM 20 Ammo (36 shots)
RS/LS Aft (20 Heat)
1 Large Laser
LRM 20 Ammo (36 shots)
Aft (14 Heat)
1 Large Laser

Cargo King (Skeleton Crew)
Type: Military Spheriod
Mass: 12,500 tons
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Standard)
Introduced: 3015
Mass: 12,500
Battle Value: 2,151
Cost: 228,687,200 C-bills
Fuel: 389 tons (11,670)
Safe Thrust: 3
Maximum Thrust: 5
Heat Sinks: 140
Structural Integrity: 12
Armor
Nose: 82
Sides: 71/71
Aft: 62
Cargo
Bay 1: Cargo (2245.0 tons) 2 Doors
Bay 2: Cargo (2244.5 tons) 2 Doors
Bay 3: Cargo (2244.5 tons) 2 Doors
Bay 4: Cargo (2244.5 tons) 2 Doors
Ammunition:
162 rounds of LRM 20 ammunition (27 tons)
Escape Pods: 2
Life Boats: 2
Crew: 4 officers, 3 enlisted/non-rated, 5 gunners
Notes: Mounts 17 tons of standard aerospace armor.
Weapons: Capital Attack Values (Standard)
Arc (Heat) Heat SRV MRV LRV ERV Class
Nose (14 Heat)
1 Large Laser 8 1(8) 1(8) 0(0) 0(0) Laser
LRM 20 Ammo (18 shots)
RS/LS Fwd (28 Heat)
2 Medium Laser 22 3(26) 2(16) 0(0) 0(0) Laser
2 Large Laser
LRM 20 Ammo (36 shots)
RS/LS Aft (28 Heat)
2 Medium Laser 22 3(26) 2(16) 0(0) 0(0) Laser
2 Large Laser
LRM 20 Ammo (36 shots)
Aft (14 Heat)
1 Large Laser

Oh, are you planning to summon the lost prototype, or maybe just the blueprints, for use in Galax? Seems costly though for a civ dropship, with only a few hundred more tons of cargo compared to the Mule. I suppose the draw is the lower personnel requirements and its tougher hull.

Edit: Sorry, accidentally double-posted. I'll just merge this two.
edit:
my second design for ya a early watchman/sentry which again lacks quirks due to me not yet giving it any. albeit they probably should match the otl design
Introtech Era Sentry
Mass:
40 tons
Chassis: Dorwinion Standard
Power Plant: Nissan 200 Fusion Engine
Cruising Speed: 54 kph
Maximum Speed: 86.2 kph
Maximum Jump Distance: 150 meters from 5 McCloud Special Jumpjets
Armament:
1 Parti-Kill Heavy Cannon PPC
3 ChisComp 39 Medium Lasers
1 ChisComp 32 Small Laser
1 Zippo Flamer
Cost: 3,121,277 C-bills
Type: Sentry
Tonnage: 40
Battle Value: 1,154

Equipment

Mass

Internal Structure

Engine

200 Fusion

Walking MP:

Running MP:

Jumping MP:

Heat Sink:

Gyro:

Cockpit:

Armor Factor:

Actuators Hand, upper, lower for both hands

Internal
Structure

Armor
Value

Head

Center Torso

Center Torso (rear)

R/L Torso

R/L Torso (rear)

R/L Arm

R/L Leg

Weapons
and Ammo

Critical

Tonnage

Jump Jet

LL

Medium Laser

CT

Jump Jet

CT

Heat Sink

RT

Jump Jet

RT

Medium Laser

LA

Flamer

LA

Heat Sink

LT

Medium Laser

LT

Jump Jet

LT

Jump Jet

RL

Small Laser

HD

PPC

RA

Needs more PBI blender for a Sentry (though I suppose the SL is a placeholder for Pulse later), looks more like a Watchman. Though I suppose that's a good thing, I don't know why they thought that many MGs and SPLs was necessary.

Last edited:
Honestly a watchman sentry merge probably is closer to what my design is. Either way it's a cheap reasonably affordable and mobile mech that's really hard to put down for good for its size since no ammo that can go boom to total the mech. Aka the perfect thing for the Federated Suns second line, training, and milita units to have especially if it has the quirks of the otl sentry and watchman which make them pretty easy on the logistics side of things and make non elite pilots have a easier time using them.
Ubiquitous, rugged (1), easy to pilot, and easy to maintain for quirks on one platform is very overpowered especially for the succession war era. Even if we pull the Ubiquitous quirk since only the sentry had that its still a logistical dream.

Last edited:
Sakhara 2.9
Sakhara 1.9
Sakhara belonged to the Dahar PDZ along with Bettendorf Hoff and Elidere, the latter also including Ander's Moon. The problem was that the PDZ also stretched all the way to Cimeron, on top of those worlds and he could hardly abscond with the cadets and muck off to Hoff for LosTech prospecting that wasn't acceptable... and he didn't have the time either. Something with Hoff needed to be done probably sooner rather than later, but maybe not this year.

Henry looked at the floating display of numbers... and not for the first time he wondered how he wasn't actively distorting the c-Bill in terms of value... assuming the C-Bills he was using, exchanging through mediums were going into the broader economy... which they might not be... but even so he had to be putting C-Bills into the Davion economy to a lesser extent... and it wouldn't be so much 'lesser' before long.

... and of course from an economic stand point the C-Bill was a means of exchange between the houses and between houses and ... sub contracting entities of sorts. That was businesses as well as Mercenaries, but it wasn't the dominant currency. There was an exchange rate between the house bills and each other and the C-Bill because the majority of trade was local bills.

Corean was a publicly traded company, and while he could throw money at the problem.. he also needed them to orient towards other responsibilities.... and Corean would likely easier to whoo over than GM, but there was always Achenar. There was going to need be a deep dive of everything that could be done, and that meant looking at what licenses existed within the FedSuns, as well as what mercenary units were under contract because the third succession war wasn't over.

He figured they would need spare parts at a reasonable price, and well spare parts would probably attract significantly less attention at market than full on mechs... and of course on the subject of mechs there was the issue that not only did he have no good idea on where to go for light mechs, and here Henry was recognizing his own lack of strong footing in the knowledge base, he also was cognizant that House Davion seemed to have a lot of light mech production never might salvage from its frequent battles with House Kurita.

There were simply put a lot of light mechs, and in general lighter weight mechs in service. Some of that was probably the economics of constructing lighter mechs on the industrial technology of the succession war era economies, but even so Henry really didn't want to get into the light mech game until he was sure where things stood. Which was good because there were more important things going given the numbers in front of him.

A part of him just wanted to sit here and just mass produce possibly literally everything that could run off of a pitban 240 and call it a day... "Not all of your eggs in one basket." He muttered to himself... and he was banking on being able to get to Bristol and opening up the Castle Brian sized Fury warehouse and using that as an excuse to start producing those, and other gauss rifle designs for House Davion... and maybe House Steiner in order to get the ball rolling on mass anti clan designs but he had been hoping to use the excuse of a shipyard as being sufficient reason to have influence on the planet.

He was wondering now if he had overthought that. The truth was he hadn't readily expected or planned for what life on Sakhara was going to be like. He'd been at the time too busy expecting the combine to come charging over the border after the battle of Halstead station. That hadn't happened. ComStar hadn't invented some bullshit excuse to interdict the FedSuns... things had just sort of coasted from there... two years down the road here they were.

Here he was looking at mountains of c-bills, and a fund in house bills of what the transport company had been bringing in. He glanced at a third value display enumerating banked BV... he'd need a staff pool to work with, and that was going to have to be both military and civilians, and some kind of public relations board... and those people were going to entail security. It was handy thus that the Rabid Foxes were a ground force option... even though that nickname was unlikely to be granted within this timeline.
--
A part of Yvonne expected that poor Ian was in no way prepared for what was about to be dropped into his lap... in truth she was hoping that the trip to New Avalon ... well that once they arrived that she would be able to take the monarch aside and attempt to brief him on the situation in such away to prepare him for both the matter as it was, and also what was best for the realm at large. That was likely going to be a tricky proposition, Ian was by no means an idiot, but he was less likely to listen to her advice than his younger brother.

Ian might very well consider it, just by his nature, to take the exuberance at face value from his younger companion of the field of battle, and side with the initial proposal. There was also the risk that the duke of Robinson might well able to leverage Ian, and possibly Hanse's, anti combine sentiments to support a proposal that clearly favored the Draconis March.

The First Prince had strong executive privileges. That didn't mean he could ignore the great houses.

She shuddered to think what might have been the outcome if Clay had simply pushed forward without approaching the government at New Avalon first, with his shipyard plan... given the alleged steps that were left to be completed it was entirely possible that in six to eight months they might have been having this conversation from the supremely awkward position of having a direct vassal to New Avalon casually mention that they had a shiny new shipyard producing Star Lords, and if that weren't enough following on with 'oh would it terribly bother you much if I could build another one of these at Bristol'.

A request that would have been unrefusable... and a part of Yvonne saw no reason to try and refuse it so much as the calculus that if Clay could restore the yards that existed elsewhere in the Suns to capacity then all the better.

Henry was currently talking with Justin Allard, whose father was a career member of the civilian foreign service and had no shortage of rivals at court. If the friendship between the two held, that potentially provided lord Allard a powerful ally at court, and more broadly the ruling house of Kestrel. The Allards were a cadet branch of the Cunninghams and hailed from Kestrel

Certainly as prospective suitors Alexandria could have done worse.

"I must admit I'm surprised you didn't invite Justin." Alexandria observed as he waved to the departing cadet.

"The Cataphract needs more testing, besides I've tried to pull Justin into the logistical side of things, and to be blunt given his posting its better he focuses on mech combat."

That was, Yvonne admitted, a fair observation, with sensible reasoning. It wasn't impossible that Alexandria as part of DMI would see combat, but it was far less likely than in any frontline command posting. What was more likely was given her breeding, and to be honest her good looks and demeanor she would be the public face of any Davion liberation, or outreach to worlds that the Federated Suns were looking to make a favorable impression on.

It was simply the way things were.

"What about the other heavy mech?" The question came from the wheelchair bound form of the duke of Robinson.

"The merlin? That will depend on what Mountain Wolf says, but I have instances of their company's original machines, and I'm given to understand they need capital to rebuild the original factory, so I expect they will be willing to license out production in return for support."

"Such as engines."

"It runs off of a pitban 240, I'm not above throwing money at them to get them to accept." He replied truthfully, "Its a heavy mech, its reasonably fast, and it carries a multi role armament. While I'm sure that armament could be tweaked I think it would complement the centurion well, and that's really my priority it producing enough centurions to fill the gaps for whenever the combine makes a good for the next round."

... and whether it was intended to sway opinion or not, it was precisely that sort of argument which would sway Ian Davion if he was in anyway still mulling the decision. So regardless of the direction Lord Aaron, or the young count of Sakhara were aiming she needed to sway the first prince ahead of time to consider the realm at large rather than just the interests of the Draconis March's most stalwart protectors.

The latter epithet was unfortunately to be something of a bane to Yvonne's efforts in the future as the media within Davion space took it and ran with it.

True, even with just Easy to Pilot+Energy weapons it makes a good training mech (though students will have to look elsewhere for missile work), and the Easy to Maintain and Rugged are very appealing logistical bonuses.

I think an LL variant wouldn't go amiss. 2 extra HS would help heat management and Alpha Striking, and parts and/or range commonality with LL/AC10-using mechs would make it easier to transition to other Davion mediums like Enforcers, Centurions, Pixies and Wolverines (For the devotees who uses a -6D).

Oh hey, new update!

If Henry's looking for lights, there's a reliable enough future design that he can co-opt: the Wolfhound. Anti- Light Combine mech (so that's brownie points from the FS), laserboat, uses a 210 FE like the Cataphract. If need be, it can be based on the Firestarter like Bofor's Antares, since it already has a canon LL variant. Heh, I guess Com* is still reeling from the Jolly Roger, plus they're probably still looking in another direction: towards the FWL since the Dragoons are a hot topic.

Huh, I forgot that Justin is Quintus' son. That's another in to the high table of the FS, and another way for Henry to hint at DMI when the Mask starts kidnapping for Doppelganger. Yeah, Luthien delenda est and all that is well and good, but it does make reigning in the Sandovals harder with how their influence is entrenched in DM units, plus the problem child in the Capellan March will have to be managed, and I'm not sure what Ian's personal opinion on MHD right now is, and how aware he is of the bastard's ambitions. If Duke Aaron had managed sway the First Prince to another Crucis or Draconis March shipyard, and Hasek found out, I don't think Ian will expect or be prepared for his brother-in-law to start moving against him.

Edit: An Introtech Tarantula could help kickstart the quad renaissance, though with the loss of the XL engine it usually results to lower mobility for retaining firepower (I find 8/4 for a 200 FE, but for full jumping it can be 7/7 but the 175 FE isn't used that much and the Raven isn't around yet).

Last edited:
Yeah what most likely is going to happen is the Wolfhound's load out is going to go on to the Mountain Wolf Night Hawk (the company's original design) which has parts compatability with the 210 cataphract

Oh, nice. I was wondering what the L1 variant would look like. Shame about the lack of a hand though, it has utility in and out of combat.

On another note in fundamental terms the FE 175 is almost literally the same engine as the FE 180 including mass. Yes they mass the same. So with only a small bit of work you can use a engine for either requirement.

Hence why my maiden design series uses them.

Last edited:
It's one cheap and tough mech. Costs less than some 55 ton mechs but has deep battlefield endurance including 12.5 tons of armor which is more than any in production heavy mech not called the Orion or Thunderbolt on a 60 ton platform. Heck it's got more armor than some assault designs like the victor do.

You know, seeing the composition of the RAC clanners and SLDF mech company, I imagine they have some interesting talks. Whether the SLDF personnel are the idealistic ones from before the civil war or the worn-down ones after that, I imagine they're a bit put out from their successors essentially becoming space barbarians.

Though at least with the clanners being freeborn tankers and Hell's Horsemen at that, there'll be less friction on military matters. I suppose we'll see how that pans out once the clan mechwarriors are spawned.

Huh, one thought, with Henry cycling BV and money with high-BV, low price units and vice versa to in essence (heh) print money, if he's generating them out of the ether can he devalue the C-bill by flooding the market with it, intentionally or otherwise?

You know, seeing the composition of the RAC clanners and SLDF mech company, I imagine they have some interesting talks. Whether the SLDF personnel are the idealistic ones from before the civil war or the worn-down ones after that, I imagine they're a bit put out from their successors essentially becoming space barbarians.

Though at least with the clanners being freeborn tankers and Hell's Horsemen at that, there'll be less friction on military matters. I suppose we'll see how that pans out once the clan mechwarriors are spawned.

Huh, one thought, with Henry cycling BV and money with high-BV, low price units and vice versa to in essence (heh) print money, if he's generating them out of the ether can he devalue the C-bill by flooding the market with it, intentionally or otherwise?
Thats what Henry keeps wondering

Thats what Henry keeps wondering

Well, I guess we'll find out later once Henry's investments ramps up if MHD starts gearing up for Marik Civil War 2: Davion Boogaloo (seeing as one of other reasons for Anton Marik was the Eagle's rise) and see if "former" Com* agents have popped up in his inner circle. Though they've probably learned their lesson with Vesar, maybe ROM will just support or hijack Doppelganger.

Edit: Huh, can other currencies be spawned, or just C-bills?

Well, I guess we'll find out later once Henry's investments ramps up if MHD starts gearing up for Marik Civil War 2: Davion Boogaloo (seeing as one of other reasons for Anton Marik was the Eagle's rise) and see if "former" Com* agents have popped up in his inner circle. Though they've probably learned their lesson with Vesar, maybe ROM will just support or hijack Doppelganger.

Edit: Huh, can other currencies be spawned, or just C-bills?
I think in essence wielding social general I had stated that its a conversion from C-Bills to the other house currency since megamek defaults to the c bill

Honestly if the Suns have a lot more industry and more importantly lift much of the potential causes and justifications for a civil war either go away or become impractical for MHD to try

Honestly if the Suns have a lot more industry and more importantly lift much of the potential causes and justifications for a civil war either go away or become impractical for MHD to try
Speaking professionally that often doesn't actually stop coups. Coups and civil wars are very often more about ideology and belief systems than they are about logical response to grievances and Mikey boy and the cape loan March is one of the more realistic civil war coup risk scenarios in fiction given regional loyalties which is why I'm inclined to keep it

True. Mind you he didn't do it in otl so I don't see why he would do it here

40MM Rifleman
Yeah....might need to do some stuff for kathil's, firgorve's, and new sytris's yards or at least 1 of them.
and maybe get kathil's nightstar plant making a introtech variant?

also for the phone thing it just takes practice

edit.
a trooper like rifleman variant
Rifleman RFL-4P
Mass: 60 tons
Chassis: Standard Biped
Power Plant: 240 Fusion
Cruising Speed: 43.2 kph
Maximum Speed: 64.8 kph
Armor: Standard
Armament:
2 PPC
4 Medium Laser
Communication System: Unknown
Targeting & Tracking System: Unknown
Introduction Year: 3020
Cost: 4,974,400 C-bills
Type: Rifleman
Tonnage: 60
Battle Value: 1,308
Equipment   Mass
Internal Structure   6
Engine 240 Fusion 11.5
Walking MP: 4  
Running MP: 6  
Jumping MP:    
Heat Sink: 18 8
Gyro:   3
Cockpit:   3
Armor Factor: 168 10.5
  Internal
Structure
Armor
Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 20 25
Center Torso (rear)   8
R/L Torso 14 19
R/L Torso (rear)   5
R/L Arm 10 19
R/L Leg 14 20
Weapons
and Ammo
Location Critical Tonnage
2 Heat Sink LL 2 2
2 Heat Sink CT 2 2
Medium Laser RT 1 1
Heat Sink LA 1 1
Medium Laser LA 1 1
PPC LA 3 7
Medium Laser LT 1 1
2 Heat Sink RL 2 2
Heat Sink HD 1 1
Heat Sink RA 1 1
Medium Laser RA 1 1
PPC RA 3 7
Since its a rifleman all its subsystems and quirks should be on Sarna and the like. Alas not on MML by default and I can't be too bothered to add them so unless its wanted.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back