• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

One Rabid Fox changes the Succession Wars [A Battletech Isekai]

Look Ian, make me a list, and I will give an itemized response of what is and isn't practical and why for it is or isn't in a given time frame... but mostly that's going to boil down to if not the production of the major components then lack of trained personnel created bottlenecks in manufacturing then it is is the supply situation in the merchant marine."

Did you mean Hanse? Also wondering if Clay can trigger anything with his ATOW system is going to trigger Wolverine of Hegemony Armed Forces in Exile or even secret Cameron on accident. The build up you have seems to be heading towards accidental comedy misunderstandings.

You joke, but you're one of the few people where that could plausibly be regarded as a nudge and wink for looking for a license. It's a shame that the Dragoons has a tight control over the Marauder II, because they might just start asking around for you, especially if Ian hears about it.

Huh, that's a possible way for Henry to stay lower in priority, Com* overestimating the early impacts of the Halstead find and assuming that he only provides the funds for the lines and yards.

"But leaving that aside, okay its a heavy battlemech I am open to discussions regarding the Longsword, or other projects." He took a breath, "Look Ian, make me a list, and I will give an itemized response of what is and isn't practical and why for it is or isn't in a given time frame... but mostly that's going to boil down to if not the production of the major components then lack of trained personnel created bottlenecks in manufacturing then it is is the supply situation in the merchant marine."

I think this is meant to be Hanse.

Edit: Ah, ninja'ed.

Yes I meant Hanse there.
--
"LOOK Jaime I will build you a non crappy Shogun if you liscence for the Marauder and don't complain."

"What do you mean non crappy? The shogun is a fine mech."

"I mean one that has standard parts."

Since I'm thinking about the Shogun's perks and then looking at this thing: https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Cerberus_(BattleMech) and going how do you pack all of those traits on like that devs?

Last edited:
The answer I think for mechs with a lot of positive quirk points in universe is that they had a lot of time spent on developing the design and often the quirks into them in particular

Also for a non crap shogun....I'll get to work on it
Albeit sans case since the IS currently lacks that.
And for sure the first thing being pulled are the crappy Anderson 21 jumpjet models for something better. I have have no clue how it has those. That model got recalled in 2566 from the catapult due to all its problems. And its somehow on a design in the late 2700s. And not replaced on all catapults either somehow as well.

Last edited:
The answer I think for mechs with a lot of positive quirk points in universe is that they had a lot of time spent on developing the design and often the quirks into them in particular

Also for a non crap shogun....I'll get to work on it
Albeit sans case since the IS currently lacks that.
And for sure the first thing being pulled are the crappy Anderson 21 jumpjet models for something better. I have have no clue how it has those. That model got recalled in 2566 from the catapult due to all its problems. And its somehow on a design in the late 2700s. And not replaced on all catapults either somehow as well.
Anderson's Lawyers: "You said we could use old stock."
"Yes, not re issue returned models as old stock."
"Thats not what is specified by the contract."

Star League dies Anderson continues selling refurbed 21 lawyers and accountants hi five
Somehow shitty subcontractors continue to make the crappy model centuries down the road because its BT

40MM Shogun
My introtech shogun variant

Shogun SHG-2D
Mass:
85 tons
Chassis: Kitushi Shogun
Power Plant: Strand 255 Fusion Engine
Cruising Speed: 32.4 kph
Maximum Speed: 54 kph
Jumping Distance: 90 Meters
Jumpjets: HildCo Model 12
Armor: Valiant Lamellor
Armament:
1 Magna Hellstar PPC
2 Coventry Star Fire LRM 15s
1 Harpoon-6 SRM 6
4 Martel Medium Laser

Communication System: HartfordCo COM 4000
Targeting & Tracking System: HartfordCo XKZ 1
Introduction Year: 3020
Tech Rating/Availability: D/X-E-D-D
Cost: 7,936,130 C-bills

Type: Shogun
Role: Juggernaut
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Introductory)
Tonnage: 85
Battle Value: 1,841

Equipment

Mass

Internal Structure

Engine

255 Fusion

Walking MP:

Running MP:

Jumping MP:

Heat Sink:

Gyro:

Cockpit:

Armor Factor:

Internal
Structure

Armor
Value

Head

Center Torso

Center Torso (rear)

R/L Torso

R/L Torso (rear)

R/L Arm

R/L Leg

Right Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper. Lower
Left Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper. Lower

Weapons
and Ammo

Critical

Tonnage

Heat Sink

LL

Jump Jet

LL

Medium Laser

CT

Jump Jet

CT

Heat Sink

RT

2 Medium Laser

RT

LRM 15 Ammo (16)

RT

PPC

RT

LRM 15

LA

4 Heat Sink

LT

SRM 6

LT

LRM 15 Ammo (8)

LT

SRM 6 Ammo (15)

LT

Heat Sink

RL

Jump Jet

RL

Medium Laser

HD

LRM 15

RA

Quirks:
Barrel Fist (RA) (LA)

I pulled one of the SRM-6s and its ammo for 4 medium lasers (2 of which take up the position of the pulled SRM-6 and the other 2 occupy the head and CT slots where the original shogun had a medium pulse laser and a medium laser) and since its a strictly introtech design the case got pulled for another much needed ton of LRM ammo.
Also swaps out the jump jets and the remaining SRM-6 for much more common and reliable models(the Thunderstroke SRM-6 model isn't even listed on sarna it links to the SRM-4 page where there isn't a Thunderstroke model when you look and you know the many problems with the Anderson 21 Jump Jet Model) ditto for the armor which is unique solely to the Shogun( it was also slightly rearranged to give the side torsos and arms some more armor at the expense of the legs which still have plenty of armor) all of which I fell should help remove the non standard parts and difficult to maintain quirks.
Alas doesn't solve the heat problem but short of adding the combat computer quirk, improved cooling jackets to the PPC and LRMs, or pulling the jump jets its not possible in introtech.

I kept the coms and targeting systems as is since those are the same as the battlemaster's and so should be able to be produced by the time you can set up a shogun plant and they will help the suns make the battlemaster if that's wanted.

Last edited:
New Avalon 1.4
New Avalon 1.4

As duke of New Avalon and First Prince... and all the associated titles by which he had inherited from being the first born son of Andrew Davion. It had taken him decades to get out from under his father's shadow... and while he was far from the ideal first prince his ministers wished for... or at least that his father's ministers would have wished for he had the crown and the rod so to speak... he did have the ceremonial scepter and crown but those largely remained in storage for the thankfully rare functions where they were required for tradition.

When confronted with the duties of state he had always tried to meet the expectations put on him since childhood. It was easy to talk to people, but being at a party or across a table was one thing... it was the business of states that agreements were arcane agreements drawn up behind closed doors... and that was harder.

It had been one thing to recognize when a title became open to award long standing government ministers to life peerages... but there were accomplishments which were once in a lifetime that had no comparison. That had been where they had stood when they, he himself as First Prince and the AFFS and the Davion state, had stood victorious over the sword of light on Mallory's world... never mind Halstead Station after.

It had put him on the spot. This was not some mercenary captain at the helm of his hereditary fief but at that moment on long fallow sandy soils that a seventy ton machine had met another 'mech in the same weight class before it had turned on the other combine mechs and given them the space to breath.

How Yorinaga had managed what he'd done on that planet, in maneuvering his whole battalion around them like that still baffled the brightest officers and strategists of the AFFS. They couldn't say how he had done it, but it had been gamble that had ultimately turned against the young Kurita, genius or not, he had found that fate had turned against the Combine in that critical moment.

It had been just over two years since that day in 3013 and less than that since the victory at Halstead station. He understood what his ministers meant now about how it was easier to award rank and rewards to older men, and experienced mercenary commands. Why it would have been so much easier to reward a young AFFS officer who had done the same thing. Saving one's first prince could at least be envisioned on that note... murdering the rest of the would be assassin's unit in a subsequent pitched battle on entirely different world... was a bit of a stretch there but it did make for a smashing holovid success.

Even the combine's ... fantastical retelling of the battles were popular. That of course demonstrated the limits of how the Combine could massage the truth. He loved every minute of it. It was every breath of it how he would have liked the role of prince to be, the thrill and hum of battle and the rsi on the front lines rather than the stuffy confines of New Avalon and its court.

There was a lot he would have given to be free of the court and its strictures, but his home was here, and he didn't get many opportunities to exercise his wanderlust. The success of Halstead Station and Mallory's world had won the Federated Suns glory, but it hadn't outweighed the risks he had taken, and the conservatives at court wouldn't allow him to forget it.

It had been enough to keep him confined to New Avalon.

He wasn't friendless by any means... but he longed to run through the fields so to speak. Hanse had been able to justify going off world more than he had. So Ian Davion settled into the chair. The chair was old. His father had sat in it. His father sat in it before him. It was an antique. A centuries old piece of furniture of oak, red velvet and and golden gilding in a room that was largely more of the same.

The fancy box that contained his reports that would open his day, and contained the collection of newspapers from New Avalon's major publishing houses occupied the end table. The box was more of the same dating to before the foundation of the star league.

Pomp and Ceremony.

"Your Highness, these have been deemed the most critical to your time."

"Thank you Martin." He replied to the Minister for New Avalon proper.

He was a little annoyed that Yvonne hadn't given him more notice. He'd been told time and again at fifteen what a command circuit was, what it cost to operate command circuit. It had been part of growing up as the heir to the throne.

Ian meandered somewhat unconcerned with his Director of Military Intelligence 2's reports, and Hanse hadn't written him anything as of yet, but it had to be coming. He would have ordinarily skipped straight to the bottom of the boxes to reach the foreign office's briefings but for once the good stuff was on top, even if it didn't give him a complete picture.

There were notes about BattleMechs being delivered to his alma matter. He wouldn't have ordinarily batted an eye at that despite being the ceremonial colonel of the regiment. He ordinarily wouldn't have had the time to examine nay contributions, usually donated by Alumni either as battlefield trophies or by private purchase though some times less frequently from the estates of alumni after their owner's death. Such donations were generally assembled at the start of the following term to be inspected, usually after being inspected by the school's technical section before hand, in order to receive them into the corp of cadets.

The reasons that such a contribution were being noted were of course that there were twelve of them. Enough for a company, and they were all identical. They were all identical machines of manufacture that didn't exist because they were a new BattleMech design.

He looked at the home minister who was standing awkwardly by the couch. The man was old and gray, and was a compromise of sorts, though not a hold over to any of the governments of his father's reign.. but that was just a testament to how long Andrew Davion had ruled that the old men had been able to do things. Ian asked the most obvious question that came to mind, that was of course where exactly his brother Hanse was, to which the answer was at Avalon examining the machines in question.

Ian felt himself restraining the protest that that really was his job... since of course as First Prince he theoretically had an infinite number of small duties that were ceremonially there but in practice had to be delegated.

Besides, he'd had somewhat intuited that that was going to be the answer. Hanse's absence in the palace was obvious this morning, as was that of their aunt, which while not unusual given their respective state / intelligence services to his government, but given there was particular dancing around whatever it was that had prompted his youngest vassal to come to the capital... it had to be bigger than just twelve new mechs... well barring that if there were twelve maybe there was a factory or something.

--
Notes: this is short, because this was originally apart of 1.3. But Ian Davion, everyone.

At least Ian recognizes the risk he took on Mallory's World and that it was sheer luck of meeting the MC that allowed him to salvage the ambush. Though he might be chastened and be a bit more cautious, with his personality I think it just means he'll be more careful in picking his battles rather than swearing them off altogether.

It really is a shame, I suspect the Hound would happily throw the crown at Hanse to lead from the front and the Suns wouldn't be that much worse for it, but realistically it's only canon knowledge that proves Hanse could work and Ian's death that allowed it. Though I suppose we'll have to wait and see how Ian's run would impact the Inner Sphere, to see if he's got the chops to excel in statecraft and it's mere preference to warfare that differentiates him from the Fox, and if he can bring the Suns to victory come the 4SW and the Clans.

To be fair canonically its Ian who gets the ball rolling on the Davion-Steiner peace talks not Hanse prior to all of this happen Hanse merely builds off of it with the Archon extending her peace proposal to the sucessor lords at large in 3020 which Hanse capitalizes on while the others largely spurn

got to wonder why ian hasn't started the NAIS. The victory at Halstead Station should have bought all the political capital needed.

the entire 2nd SOL literally died to the last man. that's about the biggest military win politically speaking you could do vs the DCMS short of seizing Prosporina or Dieron or general offensive going well Ala what the lyrans did in the 4th SW

Last edited:
40MM Bastion
The latest in my 200 fusion engine using designs that fundamentally is in my opinion at least is at least somewhat a Annihilator like design done semi right.
Bastion BAS-2T
Mass:
100 tons
Chassis: Achernar Type 10
Power Plant: Nissan 200 Fusion Engine
Cruising Speed: 21.6 kph
Maximum Speed: 32.4 kph
Armor: Durallex Heavy
Armament:
2 Donal PPCs
2 Zeus LRM 15s
8 Magna MK II Medium Lasers
2 Zippo Flamers

Manufacturer: Achernar Battlemechs
Primary Factory: New Avalon
Communication System: Neil 6000
Targeting & Tracking System: Octagon Tartrac System C
Introduction Year: 3025
Tech Rating/Availability: D/X-E-D-D
Cost: 8,290,667 C-bills

Type: Bastion
Role: Juggernaut
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Introductory)
Tonnage: 100
Battle Value: 1,740

Equipment

Mass

Internal Structure

Engine

200 Fusion

Walking MP:

Running MP:

Jumping MP:

Heat Sink:

Gyro:

Cockpit:

Armor Factor:

Internal
Structure

Armor
Value

Head

Center Torso

Center Torso (rear)

R/L Torso

R/L Torso (rear)

R/L Arm

R/L Leg

Right Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper, Lower, Hand
Left Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper, Lower, Hand

Weapons
and Ammo

Critical

Tonnage

2 Heat Sink

LL

2 Medium Laser

CT

5 Heat Sink

RT

2 Medium Laser

RT

LRM 15

RT

LRM 15 Ammo (16)

RT

2 Heat Sink

LA

Medium Laser

LA

Flamer

LA

PPC

LA

4 Heat Sink

LT

2 Medium Laser

LT

LRM 15

LT

LRM 15 Ammo (16)

LT

2 Heat Sink

RL

Heat Sink

HD

3 Heat Sink

RA

Medium Laser

RA

Flamer

RT

PPC

RA

Quirks:
Extended Torso Twist
Protected Actuators
Its protected by some 16.5 tons of armor a full 4 tons more than Annihilator. Its long range punch is 2 PPCs and 2 LRM-15s with 2 tons of ammo each for prolonged downrange fire. Up close it has 8 medium lasers and 2 flamers albeit the later is mostly for anti infantry work or for creating stuff like smoke cover. And it has 28 heat sinks to keep things reasonably cool all things considered in the introtech era.

Last edited:
I can dig it. pace is slow but it has good ranged capabilities and trying to underrun it puts you in range of 8 medium lasers. nothing really wants to tangle with that. the flamers are just an added insult to make them regret their decision if they come into play. if they aren't in range then use a PPC and fill out the rest with medium lasers.

New Avalon 1.5
New Avalon 1.5
The tests were done for the day. Avalon, the military academy, continued to host them but there was a break in the action so to speak leaving them to take lunch... and kill time until the reception that evening. Of course how long this interlude would last depended on other factors.

Henry preferred sandwiches. It was something she had noticed seemingly on the basis of that it left him with a free hand by which to continue to work as he sat at a table. Like the one he was presently dominated with an array of charts and... tables. His pen scratched numbers trailing into ten figures for single alpha numeric strings.

Scratch scratch, scratch.

Hanse, and Yvonne watched the two children, relatively speaking there were days where Yvonne did still consider Hanse & Ian both something of still children themselves. The chart was nothing new per se, Clay had gone through that there were machines that made other machines, and machines that made tools that were then used... and so forth and so on.

All of it build up onto itself to get forward to where you put final assembly together and then the lights turned on. And if you had done everything right, then there would be a brand new Star Lord class JumpShip. The JumpShip was the final point in production... but the machinery and tooling, and space that went into building the Ship could be reused for the next one.

It was a monotonous and laborious explanation to the process. Germanium, titanium, and aluminum and other elements by the thousands of tons were needed, and more plentiful elements. She expected that all of the numbers and short hand on the papers were what went into the JumpShips and their shipyards... and most likely Ian would look at it, assume it was accurate and want to change subjects.

And if the numbers were right, then they were looking at something more than just the space lift capacity to move more troops against the Combine. It had been Ian's intention to try and leverage and press their advantage, to rub his successes in the face of the Coordinator for two years now. That had utterly dominated court discussions ... and not helped by the disturbance to court politics of not just the battles but also other deaths in the realm. Owing to the coronation of a new Duke of New Syrtis had removed Michael Hasek from his post ... and for the moment that was still empty ... but only because they were stalling. Appointing the new Duke of New Syrtis to a sinecurial position wouldn't have been unheard but that Yvonne would have been happy to free Ian's government of any of the Capellan March appointees... if only she could get away with it... and she doubted that. There was too much tradition tied to the great families. The Crucis March families and the great houses of the Draconis March were also looking at the open positions within government that Ian had been loath to fill while still planning to attack the ancestral enemy. That meant that while Hasek was minister for the Capellan March... he wasn't pointed in the right direct as far as Ian was concerned... and hadn't been able to attract Ian's attention.

JumpShips would not be enough to get the First Prince's attention that was clear. Hanse was relatively sure that the new Corean factory on New Avalon which had attracted Henry's attention, and had been able to hold Ian's attention could be the focal point for leverage. Once they had sanction they could expand that to the secret collection of resources seized from Halstead Station... and once Hanse's idea was in place then they could undertake.

It hadn't escaped Hanse's notice that comments or the underscoring Yvonne had laid regarding what the fusion engines being produced could power beyond BattleMechs. There was no shortage of machines that could use the engine in question be they simple tanks, or aerospace fighters that the Federated Suns was preciously short on. They still weren't BattleMechs but they were army equipment the AFFS ground forces could use them against the combine directly.

As large space assets, in excess of a couple hundred tons, the fusion engines which powered JumpShips and DropShips were often unique to their designs with little overlap. "We need to bring Galax," Federated Boeing, "In to this." She remarked.

"Our biggest hope is that he's resigned to a Kathil posting and brings it up himself, rather than pushing it ourself. If Ian gets into a discussion with Lord Aaron, and wants to reiterate any sort of DMM chomping at the bit then we will probably lose the opportunity."

Lord Aaron was currently absent, having been leveraged to enter discussions for Corean on Robinson. The idea was simple. The two new 'mech factories would license produce the Centurion BattleMech and in theory if the capital was there they could produce battlemechs locally. Robinson's proposal was to expand their exist BattleMech refit and repair lines working through their existing network.

Henry Clay was to build an entirely new factory complex by which to somewhat emulate what had been done on New Avalon. If Corean hadn't already moved its headquarters to the Federated Suns, to New Avalon... well there had been the quip in passing to Ian that Corean might well have moved to Sakhara because it promised to do what the New Avalon move had been intended.

So far everything looked good. Everything looked fine. Yvonne wasn't worried that Ian would see a problem with it. They were talking about a lot of capital coming into Corean... and that was the sort of thing that Archenar would get nervous by. It didn't matter per se how much of their income came from other sources the Enforcer was a point of pride for the company. Being a prestigious defense contract was part of their national identity and it was looking at things from that direction that Ian, and Yvonne were attempting to head off potential challenges.

"Okay," The two looked up at Clay tiredly put a handful of papers down on their separate table. "Here this," he indicated a table of numbers, which had no obvious meaning other than that they were large. "I'd prefer eighteen months of testing, particularly to see how they hold up over an entire year with the cadets here, but half of that probably could provide the answers necessary." He was talking about the Longsword, "It is equipped with Jump jets and PPCs historically those are or can be as finicky as autocannons in new designs but since they're established models we don't forsee issues... but having other engineers come in won't hurt. I," He trailed off, "I may send Avalon two more machines," He obviously meant the school, "Just to see if they can run the machines hard enough to see if they can break them, but they're BattleMechs. But these are itemized component numbers of the major parts... and their cost approximate c-bill value..." He paused, "In the interest of standardization this is the engine which will power the Cataphract production type as well, and this is a list of the other mechs I can name which take the same engine ..."

Warhammer, Archer, Guillotine, Grasshopper... "What's a shootist?"

"Star league era mech, has an assault autocannon." He shrugged, "Its on there for much the same reason the lighter mechs are being thorough. Even brining engine production up to scale, I'd sooner prioritize archer production, but the Longsword, and Cataphract represent a balanced new production mix, but the Longsword design is intended for rugged simplicity hence lacking the diverse weapon load out of the Warhammer."

Henry drummed his fingers on the paper looking between the two. There was a question of what the market would buy if there was a larger battlemech supply, yes there was a federal military budget, but there was a question of what the noble houses would buy, and the corporate security would buy... but now wasn't the time. The 280 was a fine engine but the truth was he really hadn't expected as much interest as the Longsword was getting.

Yvonne looked at the numbers, and the weapons chart.

He shrugged, "Functionally it was what we had on hand... the Donal is used on the warhammer. The ChisComp well those came out of Achernar mechs, or spare parts for those mechs. Achernar comm suite is commercially available. The objective was off the shelf parts availability." Which to Henry... well there was mountain wolf who seemed to understand the concept so far as he understood the Merlin, but very few other people seemed to have thought about that... even the Marauder II which really appealed to him just... well that was for another day, "Can Achernar produce the Vox 280," Had they even mentioned it, "Because really I would say that would be the bottleneck to production is the limits of fusion engine production." Did Achernar currently produce the engine in house or was it going to need to be sub contracted out for... well he didn't know that, but it wasn't really his problem at least it wasn't right now.

Hanse waited before posing the question of whether they had brought a cataphract, they hadn't but it was a seventy ton machine running off the same engine, so it wasn't as if there weren't certain parts compatibility though the weapons and electronics suite were different.

"We should wait on that," Yvonne remarked, "We've just demonstrated the Longsword, and Achernar is interested, too many pies might spoil dinner as it were."
--
Notes: Should Ian be this much of a meat head? Probably not, but I also want to underscore exactly how much bad blood is between the Combine and the FedSuns.

I mean we know Ian if he could have gotten away with it would have gone the scholar route but his sense of duty kept on having him go to the front lines.

On another note apparently chiscomp lasers are made on Robinson or at least they are later on when RSB is a thing. Ditto for Parti-Kill Heavy Cannon PPCs.
Not sure if they made them before that though.

Last edited:
Honestly Henry is making plenty of sense, and everyone in AFFS procurement and transportation is likely going to name him a saint if this keeps up, provided the aren't a high noble/royal and are thus stuck on the political realities.

Also, quick question. Could Henry use the Canon Watchman mech as a way to buy/bribe Achernar into the building spree he's started? The Watchman is basically a simplified and cheaper Enforcer with one Large Laser, two Medium Lasers, and two Machine Guns. The Canon version was a 40 tonner and just under 3 million C-Bills. It also used the same engine as the Enforcer and Centurion.

Honestly Henry is making plenty of sense, and everyone in AFFS procurement and transportation is likely going to name him a saint if this keeps up, provided the aren't a high noble/royal and are thus stuck on the political realities.

Also, quick question. Could Henry use the Canon Watchman mech as a way to buy/bribe Achernar into the building spree he's started? The Watchman is basically a simplified and cheaper Enforcer with one Large Laser, two Medium Lasers, and two Machine Guns. The Canon version was a 40 tonner and just under 3 million C-Bills. It also used the same engine as the Enforcer and Centurion.
That's largely why I designed my introtech watchman/sentry design and posted it. Albeit it does use a PPC and a better weapons balance so it costs a tad more.

Thank you for that. Literally my only quibble with your Watchman design is the Small Laser. I'd personally pull it out and add more armor.

As another aside, has anyone else noticed that the Myrmidon medium tank uses the same PPC and engine as the Swordsman and Centurion respectively?

Thank you for that. Literally my only quibble with your Watchman design is the Small Laser. I'd personally pull it out and add more armor.

As another aside, has anyone else noticed that the Myrmidon medium tank uses the same PPC and engine as the Swordsman and Centurion respectively?

Yes. Thats actually why its mentioned in 1.2 because the Centurion uses that engine

Can't add more armor with any level of efficiency. That last half ton of armor would literally add a single point of armor with a whole 7 not added since it would be a max armor and at that point....well I figured the small laser and more importantly the crit padding it does for the head would be more useful.

On another note alas the Swordsman uses the same engine as the locust not the Centurion.
However other great mechs use that engine notably the hunchback and Enforcer plus possibly earlier watchman/sentrys along with slow 100 ton designs like my bastion and the Annihilator
Also several ASFs use that engine most notably and still in production and in the Sun at that would be the lightning.
Also could potentially make a faster dogfighter with that engine if wanted.

Last edited:
The Lightning and Corsair both use a 200 rated fusion engine like the mechs you listed, so I doubt Henry and the Fed Suns will be able to resist upping production of them. The Hunchback does bring up an issue though. The company that invented and is the main producer of the Hunchback is in the Combine. Will Henry have to get a license somehow or will he pull the same trick and with the Longsword and make a new mech based on the Hunchback?

The Lightning and Corsair both use a 200 rated fusion engine like the mechs you listed, so I doubt Henry and the Fed Suns will be able to resist upping production of them. The Hunchback does bring up an issue though. The company that invented and is the main producer of the Hunchback is in the Combine. Will Henry have to get a license somehow or will he pull the same trick and with the Longsword and make a new mech based on the Hunchback?
The OG producer of the Hunchback no longer can make them in this era. Instead it's Kali Yama and maybe Coventry Metal Works that make it. Besides lord knows there's plenty of Nissan products in the inner sphere not made in the combine most notably the most common IS 200 fusion engine.

That being said speaking of the Corsair....that reminds me of something the company that makes that for the suns really needs some love applied to its facilities especially for its Eagle and Thunderbird lines

True, I must've misremembered some of the fluff. That leaves the Hunchback as an option when Henry and co have the chance to expand again. And Wangker on Axton desperately need a shot in the arm to get up to snuff, but the same can be said for the entire Sphere at this point.

I'm honestly waiting to see what ComStar's reaction will be once they understand the impact Henry is having.

True, I must've misremembered some of the fluff. That leaves the Hunchback as an option when Henry and co have the chance to expand again. And Wangker on Axton desperately need a shot in the arm to get up to snuff, but the same can be said for the entire Sphere at this point.

I'm honestly waiting to see what ComStar's reaction will be once they understand the impact Henry is having.
Honestly in addition to helping Wangker recover the suns need to expanded what their other 2 ASF plants make and for that matter they probably need at least 1 or 2 more sited making ASFs. Well that and a lot more non crappy tank production and in particular SPGs. Arguably those 2 needs are a 2nd only to the heavy aerospace production side of things and are above mechs at least in my POV

Last edited:
SO Pratt & Whitney in BT exists or existed did it survive into the sucession wars or are people just still making their engines from I guess the star league

Users who are viewing this thread

Back