1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Grey Version (IC)

Discussion in 'PbP IC' started by tEN, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

DAY 3 START

vyor
    Faith wakes up the next morning well rested, although her legs are a bit sore, and the contents of her bag are strewn about the room. Her two ghost types seem to be arguing about a bar of soap in the bathroom. The tub is half-full of hot water and bubbles, and they have gotten a bag of lavender infused epsom salts from somewhere, which is sitting open on the vanity.

Megaolix
    In the morning, Quan finds that Steve is awake before him, and is cooking french toast on one burner of a small camp stove set up on a folding table. The other burner has a pot containing berries he's boiling down, and there is a percolator sitting in the fire pit, being warmed by the fire he has there. As you watch, he puts a slice of muenster cheese on one of the two slices of bread currently on the stove, and flips the other slice of bread on top, flips the whole sandwich over for a few seconds, and then adds it to a stack of several such sandwiches on a plate in the middle of the table. "Good morning!"

Chibi-Reaper
    Aqua awakens in the pokemon center to find that at some point Sneasel crawled inside his shirt to keep warm.

Latewave, Skitzyfrenic, Anon̦̦
    Azure, Kathleen, and Morgana awaken after their adventures the previous night rested and ready to set out on all new adventures.

2. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Faith stared.

Then stared some more, before groaning and palming her face.

"How much of this is stolen? You know what, I don't want to know. Really should have seen this coming."

Shooting a glare at the 2 spirits she starts cleaning up the mess they made, starting with her bag.

3. Latewave

Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

Azure picks up a bite to eat for him and his two pokemon before heading off to his delivery.

He feeds Tucker and Bruce some of his bacon.

"Bruce, I know you must be reeling from your losing streak. It hurts your pride as a former member of the gym that you've lost like this. But from what Carlos said gave me an idea. I know that you don't normally learn Aerial Ace without a TM. But let's try and work on it on our way up to that daycare?"

Azure scritches zubats ears.

He puts a berry on a string on Zubat.

"I want you to hold on to his for now, it should help you out."

He looks down at Tucker who is currently chewing on several strips of bacon.

"According to the puppy care part of the pokedex you are able to learn how to do Aerial Ace as well, or we could try to teach you how to break rocks? Bark once for learning Aerial Ace and Two for Rock Smash."

Tucker barks twice.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  4. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

Aqua thinks nothing of this, only pausing to wonder if he's misremembering something. After all, he was fairly sure that he'd taken the shirt off, to sleep.

It takes him a moment to conclude that it probably doesn't matter that he's remembering how he went to sleep wrong, because he probably wasn't paying much attention. That's usually the explanation for incorrect memories anyway.

He yawns, slowly rises, washes his face with a damp cloth, brushes his teeth, and combs his hair. Then he pries Sneasel off, waking her up.

"So, food first or just heading on to the next city?" he asks.

Both of their stomachs growl in unison.

".... Food it is!" Aqua concludes, preparing to head towards 'The Gym'.

5. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

"Hey, morning." Quan replied, before looking at the preparations. "Huh, really should learn to cook a bit more for myself. After this, having to eat rations is going to suck. Anything I can do to help?"

6. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

The two ghosts angrily shoo Faith towards the bathtub, picking things up before she can grab them, and shoving them haphazardly in her bag.
    It isn't long before Azure reaches the daycare center. The man there thanks him for delivering the package of pokeballs, and pays him 400PD, along with an item ball that he says contains a tip for the prompt delivery.

The item ball contains a white egg with a squiggly yellow line around it. The man has no idea where the egg came from or what's in it.
    The Gym doesn't open until 11AM.
    Steve asks Quan to watch the slices he just put in the pan and flip them if the bottom edge turns from filmy white to brown while he wakes Julie, but otherwise Steve does all the cooking. Soon breakfast is made and enough grilled cheese french toast sandwiches for all three trainers and their pokemon are distributes, with the berry sauce poured over the top. Every contest trait is marginally improved for each pokemon that eats the breakfast. Steve and Julie plan to keep camping out here, but they help Quan take down his tent and pack it up before he continues on his way.

7. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

Morgana wakes up and decides to wash up before waking Kathleen. It would also be a good time to groom all of her Pokemon, sans Cerise who couldn't be groomed in the usual sense. Leonne certainly is not a fan of the running water, but with some coaxing, brushing, and promises of extra scritches it's eventually done. Chien was very excitable and ended up making a soapy mess that was thankfully contained in the basin. Brooke spent an odd amount of time staring at the water, and sucking in, like she was trying to bring the water to herself, even going so far as to hop back in the shower several times.

Was she attempting to make her own move?

Morgana paid it little mind as she got into the shower with Brooke to clean herself up.

8. Latewave

Azure thanks the man and continues his training of Bruce and Tucker.

He does look around for anyone that may want to battle, pokemon or trainer.

9. Anon̦̦

Anon̦̦ [Verified Cute]

It's morning when Kathleen leaves the Pokecenter. A myriad of toughs passing through her mind regarding what happened last night. Strangers shouldn't be doing things like that! Maybe if the were a couple... But they had barely even met! And then t-they wanted her to join! To do things! That ain't a thing good honest folk do!

She ain't no hussy, her momma raised her right!

She couldn't handle the places her mind was going, and she wasn't sure if she would be able to ever be able to look at Morgana and Azure the same way again. She... she needed to think. And right now she didn't think this was the right place to do so.

So she decided to leave quietly. She packed her things. She hesitated for a second, looking at the egg next to her bed before carefully covering it with blankets.

Kathleen left, but not before sending a message to Azure.

Kathleen hurried outside the Pokecenter, and then started walking. She did not stop, or even look back, as she headed towards the dreamyards.

10. Latewave

Azure texts back to Kathleen.

11. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

Sneasel lets out a low, slow yowl of very pointed disappointment at a certain somebody that didn't make a note of when the restaurant's hours of operation were.

Aqua chuckles awkwardly and scratches the back of his neck.

"Well... it looks like we have some time to kill before lunch, huh?" he corrects himself.

His eyes move in one direction and then another as he looks for another time-wasting option.

"Ah! Right, we should go shopping, to pick up emergency travel supplies." he quickly covers for himself. "That'll take a little while. And then... figure it out from there, I guess."

Sneasel huffs in discontent, but follows along as Aqua changes course, until he reaches the PokeMart.

Aqua fiddles around with the travel rations, inspecting the ingredient listing and daily values while Sneasel mills about.

... Her attention is caught by a faint glint on the shelves, and she goes to inspect it. What she pulls out... it's a collar. A tiny belt strap, with a buckle and a loop to attach a lead. She turns it this way and that, slightly baffled. Then, by chance, she holds it up from behind and to the side at an angle that makes it look like it's wrapped around Aqua's neck, and her eyes widen.

"You going to buy somethin'?"

The shopkeeper's voice jolts Sneasel out of her thoughts, and she quickly shoves the collar back where it came from, flustered, and charges up to the counter as Aqua lays the money for two rations down.

"I'll take these.. eh?" Aqua says, as Sneasel starts dragging him away. "Hold on, I... never mind the receipt, thank you!" he calls backwards, as he lets Sneasel drag him out the door and away, rations in hand.

Her panic-fueled retreat doesn't end for a little while, until she's managed to calm down and settle herself.

".... So, where are we going?" Aqua asks, startling her again."Hm, I think this is... that abandoned factory? Did you want to look around here more?"

Sneasel hadn't actually been paying attention to where they were going, but nods rapidly anyway since that was as good an excuse as any.

12. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Quan had been worried that Webber and Marie would feel a bit down after going down yesterday. However, that breakfast prety much lifted everyone's mood this morning and they were all happy as the group moved closer and closer to the exit of the forest.

And any wild pokémon trying to find trouble with him walking would be set upon by an eager trio.

He wasn't that eager to reach the big city, really, but he needed to build up his funds. He also would need the Center there to heal his pokémons after training. And after that breakfast, he needed to find better rations for travelling. The base stuff would not do any longer.

13. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

"Gah! Ok, ok! I'll get in the bath, I mean, I was pretty sure I don't stink that badly..." She shot them a grin to make sure they knew she was just poking them a bit before speaking honestly, "But, really, thank you."

Slipping into the now full bath, she groans as her sore muscles relax from the heat. Course, she felt like she was forgetting something... until she scooped up the two friendly ghosts into a soft hug.

The morning went quickly after that, cleaning herself and grooming the 3 pokemon she has taking up most of the time(Shuppet's morning feeding of vengfulness and malice was as emotionally draining and cathartic as ever, if quick).

After the usual morning stuff, Faith goes searching the town for people that may want to battle, needing the money quite badly.

14. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

There are a few other trainers of both genders washing up with their pokemon, but they mostly mind their own business, with the exception of a tirtouga that sneaks up and playfully uses water gun on Brooke.
    Nobody wants to battle. Especially not that pidove eating all the razz berries minding its own business in that bush over there.
    Not looking where she was going, Kathleen trips over a patrat and knocks Aqua to the ground in a compromising position. Before either of them can sort themselves out, there is a distortion in the air and a smoochum falls out on top of Sneasel. It licks her hello!
    Just before the bridge, Quan finds a bunnelby using rototiller to create a berry planting spot. It carefully plants two sitrus berries and a lum berry.
    Faith finds a bug catcher, a goth girl, and a school kid who might want to battle.

15. Latewave

Azure looks around and notices that pidove. Not really interested in the pokemon he realizes exactly what that bird is eating.

He calmly and slowly walks over to the bird not wanting to interrupt it's meal.

"Excuse me? Mind if I grab a few of these."

16. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

The pidove growls at Azure.

17. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

"Huh. It isn't native from here, I think? Pokédex, pokédex... Ah, here it is."

It takes all but a moment to confirm what Quan believed. Really not native of the area.

This may be fate to have such an encounter.

"Hey Marie, why don't you go help her?" Quan asked. "May as well get that done first before asking if she doesn't mind joining."

The Petilil nods before going to help out the bunny pokémon.

18. Latewave

"I just want two, One to plant so there is more of them. Another for myself. You can eat all of the rest if you want."

Azure glances over towards his pokemon to make sure they are ready in case the pidove attacks.

19. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

The bunnelby happily accepts Marie's help, and before long the work is done.
    The pidove leers and eats two more berries.

20. Latewave

"You know what. After last night's issues? Fuck you bird. Bruce do your thing."

While the battle begins Azure takes count of how many berries are still not eaten.

21. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Quan smile at the work done and step in closer, as Marie return to his side.

"So, I have to ask... Any interest in joining the team?" Quan asked. "See more of world, hanging out, maybe just getting stronger? I would be happy to have you around if you want to."

22. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Bruce uses supersonic. The pidove destroys two berries in its confusion, knocking them to the ground. There are two berries left.
    Bunnelby considers this, and seems interested, but looks meaningfully at the berry plots.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  23. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

"Ahah, no worry." Quan said in good humor. "I'm sure they'll grow well. Here, let me help out."

Quan stepped to where the berries where and, using the canteen he had refilled this morning, watered the planted berries.

24. Latewave

"Tentatively I'd consider that a good enough punishment for a glutton, but Bruce needs some practice."

He gestures to Bruce.

"Show this bird how much better you are at flying you are. Use leech life and stay out of it's way."

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  25. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Bunnelby considers this and waves with one ear to indicate the bushes, and across the river with the other, indicating the wider world.
    Pidove shits on a berry in its confusion before Bruce knocks it out of the bush with Leech Life.

It squawks angrily.

26. Latewave

"You know what. Fine. Bruce keep on the bird. Don't let up for a minute."

27. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

"Hell, why would I say no?" Quan replied, smiling. "You think Marie would forgive me if I didn't let her do that?"

The Petilil nodded, as if the matter was never in question to start with. And with that, the Bunnelby approached Quan. he took out a pokéball and like before, a slight bump was all it took.

Quan released it right after.

"Well then, we're almost to the city. It's a bit sad to leave the scenery, but I guess we really need to get more supplies."

And with that, they got on the bridge. Which was still a pretty damn good view in Quan's opinion.

28. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

The pidove continues to squawk angrily as it tries to get at the last berry, but every time it gets close, Bruce knocks it away. Finally it collapses on the ground, exhausted.
    As Quan crosses the bridge, a ducklett flies overhead and lands on a post. Preening itself, a genius wing is knocked loose, and flutters to the ground in front of Quan.

29. Latewave

Azure balls the annoying bird and collects his treasure of the last remaining berry.

"You were not worth this effort."

Azure goes to return to pick up his egg from the pokecenter and to see what people are offering for birds.

30. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Quan kneeled to pick up the feather on the ground.

"Well, I heard of those, but didn't think it would literally land n front of me." Quan muttered. "Here you go Marie, I think it will help you best."

Petilil took it and Quan saw it vanish under her, probably to... decompose and absorb it like that. He wasn't sure.

Well, back to getting to the city.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.