1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Grey Version (IC)

Discussion in 'PbP IC' started by tEN, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

While there was no need to buy ingredients right now, Quan could at least look at the prices and get the ustensils he would need to cook on the road. After yesterday, rations would pretty much be for emergencies only. There was no other way, he couldn't go back to them after seeing that difference in tastes.

---

Quan winced as his wallet took a large hit from his purchases. He had everything he needed now, but he probably would have to refill his money pool some more before leaving.

But first, lunch. He was hungry and given they were in a city, it was better to find a place before the lunch rush hit everywhere. After getting back his team, Quan decided to look around for a place that also served Pokémons. After that last fight, they deserved the treat.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  2. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

Sneasel yelps and starts running after Aqua as he flails and pinwheels frantically, swaying this way and that as the skateboard under his foot rolls him away.

He lands, after some distance, face first.

"Urgh... so far it's been one thing after another, today, and I just want to go eat." he mutters to himself.

3. Anon̦̦

Anon̦̦ [Verified Cute]

"Oh, for the love of Arceus..." Kathleen mutters to herself before jogging to Azure, throwing her last pokeball upon the Patrat as she passes by the Pokemon. "Are you ok?!" Kathleen asks Azure as she looks for any signs of blood. Sighing, Kathleen looks around. "Eirene, can you help me with some telekinesis? Whether this idiot here want it or not, we are taking him to the Pokemon center. Carefully." at that, Kathleen turns to the boy once more. "And you! How can you not notice and then trip over a freaking Patrat! You know how worried you got me, mister?! So lay down, tell me how many fingers you see, and stay steady. We are going to get you checked, concussions aren't thing thins to play with!"

"Morgana!" She then exclaims, "You don't get to have your own pity-party. So come on, we are leaving and then you can tell me whatever you want to tell me!"

4. Latewave

Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

"Huh? Is that an Angel? Three?"

Azure is a bit knocked silly.

5. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

"I am not having a pity party," Morgana exclaims slightly indignant. And she really wasn't at this point. Kathleen was still her friend, all she had to do was slake her lusts on the down low. For Kathleen she could do that. "I was just worried I had ruined something that was grand. You'd be fretting too, if you were in my shoes."

She assists Kathleen in herding Azure to medical help.

6. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

"Well, actually, we do plan to hire a trainer to assist with the expedition. Do you have at least three badges?"
    Quan is able to find a small all you can eat buffet charging 30PD for each person or pokemon eating.
    The skateboard slowly drifts to a halt in front of Sneasel's feet.
    Kathleen and Morgana are able to haul Azure back to the pokemon center, where he is checked out. He seems fine, but they ask that you keep an eye on him and not let him sleep until you're sure he doesn!t have a concussion.

7. Chibi-Reaper

Sneasel disregards the skateboard, focusing instead on rolling Aqua over to rub at his face... He doesn't have the heart to mention that, if anything, that's just making it hurt worse.

He still grabs it before heading toward the restaurant.

"No point leaving it, it still works, so I can sell it somewhere... eh, probably." he decides, practically.

8. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

That brings Faith up short, "W-well no... But that doesn't mean I'm not a good trainer or that my pokemon aren't powerful! I can prove it!"

9. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

The place was pretty alright in Quan's opinion. Sure, it wasn't top quality, but quantity and choice was nice once in a while too. Wasn,t good for is health... But who didn't feel like pigging out once in a while? And fried chicken was a weak spot he had.

Vulcan sure did not seem to disagree with him. Luppie didn't eat as much, she seemed curious about trying out new flavors with whatever took her attention. Webber and Marie seemed content to simply nibble what they had... Well, with his size, Webber was never going to eat much to start with. And Marie... Quan still wasn't sure how she tasted things, but she looked happy about her salad pick.

With everyone being full, Quan decided a bit of a walk was in order to digest. And with everyone eating, there were less people in teh streets too, so he could leave his team out.

"Places, places... Well, I heard the piers were great there. How about we go check the ocean?"

The group set off. Webber decided to ride Vulcan while Marie, who didn't like walking on asphalt much, took a seat on top of his backpack for Quan to carry. And Luppie walked along with Tepig.

10. Latewave

Azure nod nods at the not going to sleep right now and tries to sneak away. He's gonna go buy a ticket to Lantern City.

11. Anon̦̦

Anon̦̦ [Verified Cute]

Kathleen blushes a little, muttering to herself something about silly boys and stupid concussions. "Don't worry, darling." Kathleen says out loud, she ain't sure if it's to Morgana or Azure. "Let's just head back."

"Where do you think you are going?" Kathleen says as she puts her hand on Azure's shoulder. "They told me to keep an eye on you, and I'm doing so. You need to take it easy, you just hit your head!"

12. Latewave

"I still need to get a Ticket to Lantern City."

Azure blushes furiously and rubs the back of his head, hoping they don't realize what he did. He looks around to find something to keep them from connecting the dots. He has an epiphany on how to distract Kathleen from questioning why he needs an new set of tickets. He calmly slips his hand into Kathleen's hand.

"Now you can be sure I'll take it easy. I'm holding hands with a cute girl, how much trouble could I get in now?"

He smiles disarmingly at Kathleen.

"I'll even buy you lunch."

vyor likes this.
  13. Skitzyfrenic

Morgana hides her mouth behind her hand, carefully eclipsing the small smirk that had appeared.

They -would- make a cute couple. And if Kathleen swung that way...

It was certainly enough to get the blood pumping.

vyor likes this.
  14. Anon̦̦

Anon̦̦ [Verified Cute]

"buy you lunch..."

"It's a deal!" Kathleen exclaimed as she grasped his hand. She ain't gonna let the boy go away like the nurse said, and it even includes dinner! "Come on, to the station!" She exclaimed as she started to drag the boy. That is, before she noticed Morgana.

"Morgana!" She exclaims then as the woman looks at them covering her mouth. She must have been shocked, how could she have forgotten about her! "Come on, we gonna go out!" Kathleen said as she stole Morgana's hand (hhankfully, having carefully stored the egg on her backpack) before dragging both her friends away.

15. Skitzyfrenic

"Oh, my Kathleen, so forward. If only I had known your intentions before~" Morgana teases with a laugh, letting Kathleen drag her for a moment before stepping up to her friend and bumping shoulders gently, not letting go of Kathleen's hand.

"As Kathleen said, 'it's a deal!' Besides, you need to be watched. You heard the nurse. Can't leave you alone for a while yet."

16. Latewave

"Fine, Fine, Let me buy my tickets, and then we'll figure out what we'll do for dinner."

Azure leans against Kathleen and whispers into her ear seductively.

"Maybe we'll have a match~"

17. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Today's lunches are the garbage plate, fish and chips, or grilled sakura cheese sandwiches.
    The researcher's level thirty meditite makes short work of Faith's team with Shadow Ball and Force Palm.

"Look, you clearly have no experience at this. Why do you even want to come with us?"
    The piers have a number of small accessory shops, a driving range, an ice skating rink, a naval museum, and a ferry.
    Buying the tickets goes smoothly and without a hitch.

18. Chibi-Reaper

"Any of those particularly spicy, or can I get some hot sauce with it?" Aqua asks.

19. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

The view from the piers was pretty great, if Quan had anything to say about it. Endless blue, birds flying above in the distance.

...Now if only it was a bit less noisy.

Accessory shops... Quan ignored those. He wasn't into fashion and even if he had the money to spare for it, his sister would strangle him about poor tastes if he picked poorly. Besides, it wasn't like those shops didn't exist in Nimbasa.

As far as skating went, he had no skates. That was pretty much it.

The museum... Perhaps there would be something interesting to see there? He had time and it was worth a visit...

20. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Faith, still reeling from the curbstomp she and her team received(seriously, an archaeologist with such a powerful pokemon?), hesitated slightly before answering, looking unsure of herself, "W-well I like history, and I like helping people, so I thought, 'why not?' and , hey, if I got payed for itall the better! Not like I have enough, or any, money to be able to not ask for payment... heh, see how well that turned out."

Kicking the ground, she stopped for a moment to organize her thoughts. "I-I'll just go, sorry for wasting your time." And with that she turned around and started walking.

21. Skitzyfrenic

"That might be a good idea, except I need to catch my own Patrat. So, maybe you and Kathleen can battle in the Dreamyards while I go 'hunting?' Unless we have to leave for Lantern Town now."

22. Latewave

"There is no hurry to go to Lantern Town right now, I do have the show tomorrow. I do wonder if the center there has nicer rooms though. I do like your idea though."

23. Anon̦̦

Anon̦̦ [Verified Cute]

"Ah!" Kathleen exclaimed as Morgana talked, "I almos forgot, Darling!" Taking a second to rummage through her belt, Kathleen took Morgana's hand forcefully and placed up the Patrat Pokeball in her grasps. "We can register it to you later, but consider it yours!"

"I need to get some money and more Pokeballs now that I think about it..." Kathleen murmured to herself before continuing, "We can fight, Azure! And maybe we could go find a couple of trainers before we leave?"

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  24. Latewave

"I'm fine with a fight. Since you have more, do you mind a three v three? I'll admit I'm not bad at battling."

Azure blinks for a second.

"I forgot."

Azure rumbles about in his bag and shows Kathleen his new egg.

"I got his from my job this morning. It's another Egg. Dunno know what it's got in it. But yeah I'm fine for a battle if you are. Maybe you want to add a wager?"

Azure teases Kathleen.

25. Skitzyfrenic

"Oh, no, I couldn't!" Morgana exclaims, "I'm only going to trade it away. For a Ponyta."

She fidgets, and tries to press the ball back to Kathleen.

"So we can ride together."

26. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

"The garbage plate is occasionally spicy, and hot sauce can be provided with any of the plates, although I would suggest that with the more delicate flavor of the sakura cheese, it would not pair as well."
    The museum is actually a section of dock with a structure built on it to house administration and display a few smaller items, with a collection of several different ships from various eras accessibly by gangplank from doors in said structure. For anyone with an interest in nautical history or modern seafarimg technology, this museum is absolutely fascinating. In addition to the usual exhibits explaining how various parts of the ship work, there is a demonstration of knotwork on the deck of a wooden sailing vessel startimg in ten minutes, a lecture on food preparation in adverse conditions below decks on the ironside starting in thirty minutes, and a tour of the nearby seafloor in a submersible on loan from someone in Hoenn running next at 2:30, then 4:00.
    "Young lady," the researcher calls out. "In a week, I'll be in Nimbasa at the archeological foundation looking for young folk interested in a work study program, fetching tools and carrying packs in exchange for a cot in the student tent, two hot meals a day and one cold, and any knowledge you can manage to absorb standing behind an archaelogist and handing them any tool they ask for. The program is open to anyone with at least one badge, ribbon, or letter of recomendation. You have a week, young lady."
    While the two pass the ball back and forth, it shakes and pops open. With a yell, the small pokemon starts attacking Kathleen's leg with its tiny fists. "Patraaaaaaaat!"

27. Latewave

Azure looks at the mess occurring and grabs the pokeball to return the Patrat.

"Morgana you should just take it. It doesn't like Kathleen as we can easily see."

28. Chibi-Reaper

"Well, I promised Sneasel something spicy, so the garbage plate with some extra hot sauce on the side, then." Aqua concludes.

29. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

The waiter's trubbish absolutely trashes Sneasel and Kidd, but the hearty meal is more than enough to get the both back on their feet and fighting fit. Kidd even thinks she may have learned something from this fight! When the bill arrives, it is for 200PD

30. Chibi-Reaper

Aqua winces, but shells out as Sneasel licks her claws, both despondently at the loss and to get the flecks of meat and sauce off of them.

"Well, can't win every time." he appraises nonchalantly.

Sneasel puffs up and gestures a few times with her claws before slumping down and letting out a deeper than normal growling rumble from her throat. Aqua isn't familiar enough with Kidd to work out what she's trying to say as she bounces a little, but still shifts in response, trying to think of a better reason to not hunt down other trainers to fight and regain her feeling of superiority against aside from 'but I really and truly do not want to'.

"... Well, maybe once we've found an odd job to handle, we'll run into something along the way, eh?" he says, not really promising anything. "Need to replace the traveling funds, after all. That means work."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.