• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

QQ downtime for XenForo 2 implementation

Oh God, the like button lights up blue when you click it. Please, by everything that is good, make it like previously where it just transforms into an option that says "unlike". I hate this visually "Facebook like" Like-Button.
It's actually not lighting up blue, it's showing you which reaction you've used. There's currently six available.
Edit: And now, sadly, it's just the two. (0223)
Edit 2: And then there was one :(

Last edited:
Wait...HOLY SHIT! We have a good search function now that hast the "Sort by Watched" category! My prayers have been answered!

Oh thank God.
Yeah, if you're using a touch screen you can just press and hold the "like" button for a second and it'll pop up all of the options. It's probably hover over for those using a full computer, but I haven't had a chance to check that just yet. I'll get there… eventually. *looks at at computer chair covered in laundry that needs to be put up*

Edit: Overall, I'd say the new update has brought us a lot of nice features. I'd like to mostly get the previous setup for the comment options back, versus what we've got now because a ton of features got eaten (though a couple were added, like a button to return stuff to default settings) and the themes (as people have harped on) look like shit currently, but on the whole I'd say that it looks like pretty solid update.

I do miss the Dumpster Fire theme though, that was was just fun to switch to now and then. I kinda want my default light responsive back though, it was right in the range where it was bright enough that everything was clear, but not eye-searingly bright unless I had a migraine going.

Last edited:
well, I discovered the biggest upside. likes are now bunched together so no more 40 likes equals 40 different notifications
Wait, you mean I can turn my like notifications back on and not worry about having my notifications spammed mercilessly when I post a chapter?

That's awesome!

Edit: Yeah, nope. Those are going right back off. They'll still pile up, which make sense since it's different people reacting. Still, the tabs for seeing reactions that you've given and/or received are pretty nice. I wonder how long the "angry" reaction is going to stick around for.

Last edited:
I'm personally not feeling the new change; the screen feels... cluttered for lack of better word

edit: also it feels like things like threadmarked posts and signature are less clearly marked as being different

Last edited:
Agreed. It was nice to have threadmarks that honestly stood out from the rest of the posts. I kind of miss seeing people's join dates beside their posts too. It made it easier to see when the new folks were necroing without having probably read the (pretty short) rules list so that they could be pointed in that direction.

And the fucking bar follows your scrolling for some reason and takes up a 1/7th of my tablet I read fanfiction on for some reason, why?
This. 100% this! I feel like I'm in The Shinning and that banner is "Here's Johnny-ing" into my space something fierce.

I'm tech terrible so any advice on fixing this would be appreciated.

Wait, you mean I can turn my like notifications back on and not worry about having my notifications spammed mercilessly when I post a chapter?

That's awesome!

Edit: Yeah, nope. Those are going right back off. They'll still pile up, which make sense since it's different people reacting. Still, the tabs for seeing reactions that you've given and/or received are pretty nice. I wonder how long the "angry" reaction is going to stick around for.
it depends on the first nerd fight that will happen today or tomorrow. hopefully, we all will agree to only it as a "fuck you I'm mad and don't want to reply to you anymore" or "that was a hot as take and no one likes it" reaction that way everyone knows when a convo line is dead. Someone has a bunch of angry likes.

it depends on the first nerd fight that will happen today or tomorrow. hopefully, we all will agree to only it as a "fuck you I'm mad and don't want to reply to you anymore" or "that was a hot as take and no one likes it" reaction that way everyone knows when a convo line is dead. Someone has a bunch of angry likes.
NGL, I immediately thought of one user as soon as I saw the angry reactioon and immediately thought "Well, they're about to get ratioed hard in the not too distant future." They're one of those people who seem like they really can't help themselves when it comes to posting stuff that aggravates other people.

NGL, I immediately thought of one user as soon as I saw the angry reactioon and immediately thought "Well, they're about to get ratioed hard in the not too distant future." They're one of those people who seem like they really can't help themselves when it comes to posting stuff that aggravates other people.
hell yeah brother. I'm one of those type of users that get ratioed hard. i can't fucking wait for my next psychotic rant

Aw. We lost the Wow and Laughter reactions. Pity. I like those ones.
Edit:
hell yeah brother. I'm one of those type of users that get ratioed hard. i can't fucking wait for my next psychotic rant
Fair enough. Also, out of curiousity, since youre the first one I've done this to. Does my quoting you after posting show up in your notifications?

Last edited:
Aw. We lost the Wow and Laughter reactions. Pity. I like those ones.
Edit:
Fair enough. Also, out of curiousity, since youre the first one I've done this to. Does my quoting you after posting show up in your notifications?
yeah. I had to change to notifications to stop showing replies and only notifications for likes and quotes. all the preferences got reseted

The staff, fools that they are, haven't removed all the non-Like reactions yet. Now is the time to go MAD WITH POWER and abuse them most egregiously for fun and profit!

(New dark mode is very grey. I'm looking forward to whatever gets made that brings back some color.)

Last edited:
The new interface looks both cluttered and sparce at the same time. Everything is bigger and more spread apart.
New features may be nice, but the useability took a massive nosedive.

Also takes a lot longer to react and load anything.

Last edited:
Also, email notifications used to have the actual comment on them so you could just read it there, now they have a button that takes you to the thread like SB which is...suboptimal. So if there's a way to put that back I'd love to see it,

pfft Clicking on someones name or profile image now shows the likes they have hoarded (Much like a dragon of yore) as "Reaction Score" I can already foresee particularly aggressive posters trying to use that and the fact that their number is bigger than someone else's to "win" an argument.

pfft Clicking on someones name or profile image now shows the likes they have hoarded (Much like a dragon of yore) as "Reaction Score" I can already foresee particularly aggressive posters trying to use that and the fact that their number is bigger than someone else's to "win" an argument.
I mean, that was always there since I signed up. It just used to be visible without having to click on it if you weren't using the mobile/phone version of the site.

We need more themes. I like the dark theme the best of the current ones, but it doesn't have enough contrast between standard background of posts and the standard text of posts, which makes it harder to read than it used to be or most other forums I've been on.

Also, on my desktop browser, the logo up top is weirdly tiny in the space it is provided for some reason.

I mean, that was always there since I signed up. It just used to be visible without having to click on it if you weren't using the mobile/phone version of the site.
Its more the rename from likes received to Reaction score makes someone deciding to try measuring their E-peen that way in the future, significantly and hilariously more likely

Its more the rename from likes received to Reaction score makes someone deciding to try measuring their E-peen that way in the future, significantly and hilariously more likely
Okay, I see your point now. *Gets out the popcorn, awaiting the inevitable digital dick measuring contest*.

Now I'm really sad that Wow is gone :V

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back