1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Redemption Quest (Exalted/Worm) (Elements of Peggy Sue).

Discussion in 'Questing' started by MageOhki, Aug 12, 2022.

1. thewhiteraven22

thewhiteraven22 (Unverified Worm fan)

[X] Aisha pounces and hugs Regent.
    [X][T]Path of the Zenith (Social attributes/Zenith Caste Ability, Social/Defense)
    [X][T2] Melee (For Emma this is warform training)

While I was tempted to vote for Aishe to attack Regent, I'm sure I'd be accused of being a conflict drive with how much I vote for fights. :D

2. Krule

Krule Not too sore, are you?

Ferret Aisha is adorable, also, my votes;

[X] Aisha pounces and hugs Regent

[X]T: Path of the Zenith.
    [X]T2: Martial Arts

Specifically, resistance.
    And, with regards to MA, least to the form charm of whatever style that they are being trained in)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  3. MageOhki

MageOhki Not too sore, are you?

Really do need to update Taylor's sheet if I ever puzzle out a useful way to make Ed do it. Might just do homemade ones:
    (Reminds me, need to create a Lunar for a campaign I'm running... *siiigh*)
    Anyways:
    You can safety assume Sifu knows all Celestial and Terrestrial Styles, canon and fan made ones. (those that I'm using anyways)
    Taylor has: Celestial: SHS (Core) complete
    Terrestrial: Even Blade (does not have any variant, but can take any or several), Five Dragon (E2/E3 charms only), Swaying Grass Complete.
    Emma has: Dreaming Pearl past Form (last four to get), White Veil complete. Is Terr. Sorceress
    Sarah/TT: Is Terr. Sorceress, SMA: Prismatic (Five Jade, Flickering Moonsilver, Orich. Sheathing, Spell Shattering Palm only) CMA: Throne Shadow except Showing the Secret Hand, Complete Violet Bier, Dreaming Peral to Form, TMA: Five Dragons complete, Fivefold Shadow Complete, White Veil Complete.

thewhiteraven22 and Krule like this.
  4. gale

gale Experienced.

[X] [T]Path of the Zenith (Social attributes/Zenith Caste Ability, Social/Defense)
    [X] [T2] Essence Training

5. SilverEagle2121

SilverEagle2121 Versed in the lewd.

[X] Aisha pounces and hugs Regent

[X] [T]Path of the Dawn

[X]T2: Martial Arts

6. caspian1a

caspian1a Versed in the lewd.

[X] [T]Path of the Eclipse(Social Attributes, Ecisple Abilities, Social/Vehicles)

[X] [T2] Essence Training

7. Krule

So, that’s quite a bit of supernatural Martial Arts, consider my vote changed to
    [X] T2 Sorcery

Although is looks like essence training is winning at the moment

8. Ashley9469

Ashley9469 Getting sticky.

[X][T]Path of the Dawn (Physical attributes/Dawn Caste Ability, combat)

[X][T2] Melee (For Emma this is warform training)

9. Aleh

Aleh Destroyer of Faith in Humanity

[X] [T]Path of the Twilight (Mental Attributes/Twilight Caste Abilities, Knowledge/Crafting)
    [X] [T2] Martial Arts

10. J.G.

J.G. Getting sticky.

[X] Aisha attacks Regent!
    because I am that guy.

[X] [T]Path of the Zenith (Social attributes/Zenith Caste Ability, Social/Defense)
    Someone gotta lead the army.

Vote for 2nd training area for Taylor/Emma, pick one

[X] [T2] Melee (For Emma this is warform training)

stick to a discipline.

11. MageOhki

Vote closes at 0000, 12/5 MST.
    Current: Aisha pounces, Zenith, Melee.

thewhiteraven22 likes this.
  12. MageOhki

Right: Vote Closed, still working on getting the scene to come together. Will be up when I get it done.

thewhiteraven22 likes this.
  13. Threadmarks: Anima Banners make for good shotguns if you are so inclined. Big Brothers are.
    MageOhki

Anima Banners make for good shotguns if you are so inclined. Big Brothers are.

AN: This scene just didn’t really want to come. Happens, I suppose.

Blackfoot was staring at Regent with a look that Taylor wasn’t sure she could explain, though she had seen it once or twice in Emma’s eyes when Emma looked at her. Before anything else could happen, the half ferret-half girl had lept on Regent, pinning his arms to his side, while getting him to look up, and looked him in his eyes. “Mine.

Regent’s arms were pinned so he couldn’t raise one, but his words gave the sense he wanted to. “Don’t I get a say in this?”

Danny was snickering and shook his head as Aisha had shifted to a full blackfoot ferret with silver streaks throughout her fur. The Dockmaster answered the question though for the poor Solar. “No, no, you don’t. Lunars know who their Solar is.” Regent’s eyebrow raised a bit and Emma took over.

“Each Lunar has a Solar… or Abyssal, or Infernal, as their bond mate. This bond can be friendship, mentoring, parenting, older sibling, or even lovers.” She was reciting something clearly. “It’s meant to give the Lunar something to keep his or her humanity in the face of our ever changing natures while giving the other part of the bond someone to hit them over the head or keep them grounded as well.” Emma paused. “Or so I was told anyways.”

Aisha’s furry little head titled one way and then the other, ,odded once, and looked down from the crown of Regent’s head, then started to do a Weasel War dance on his head.

Taylor for her part just boggled. Her father was laughing, however, and finally the Zenith just shook her head, turning to Corsair who had cleared up the drugs that she had inhaled. “... You did clean me out, right?”

Corsair nodded. “I can understand why you’d think to ask, however.” He was also watching the War Dance. “But can I suggest you go take a shower?” Taylor nodded and trotted off to do so.

Taylor didn’t see a young black man in a muscle t-shirt and sweatpants jog up, looking at Regent with a dancing ferret on top of his head, as she went into the building, followed by Emma.

“Aisha!” The young man shouted. Danny and Shadowy Wings turned to him, shifting their positions slightly and becoming more threatening. To their surprise, his response was lighting off a yellow and white anima, glittering and sharp-edged.

“I have no beef with you, but I have some words for that boy that my sister is on.” The young man spoke with an threat to his voice. “I’m not going to tolerate him taking advantage of-” He was interrupted by chittering laughter from the ferret and guffaws from the giant orca-man.

Regent had the perfect answer. “I presume that this is *your* headache?” He plucked the Ferret off his head and ignored her gnawing on his fingers as he held her out to the young man. “I’m clueless.” The man nodded, only to have the ferret shift back to her warform and pout at both teenaged males.

Sarah was the first to actually say something after the threat and the response. “I swear, the Maidens have an unusual sense of humor.” The older brother of the newest Lunar looked at her. “I’m sure you have some questions… and we have some answers. Want them?” She grinned as the young man just looked at her, his body language screaming that the answers better be good.

AN: Short, but realistically, it covers what it needs to, and I’m just really wanting this over with.

Vote:
    [ ] To the first Day of Arcadia!
    [ ] As above, but a Glorious Girl Attacks!
    [ ] Sarah explains to Brian.
    [ ] Write in!

14. gale

gale Experienced.

[X] Sarah explains to Brian.

MageOhki likes this.
  15. SilverEagle2121

[X] To the first Day of Arcadia!

MageOhki likes this.
  16. caspian1a

caspian1a Versed in the lewd.

MageOhki likes this.
  17. Ashley9469

Ashley9469 Getting sticky.

As much of a smart ass as I want to be, I'll go easy on you.

MageOhki likes this.
  18. Krule

[X] As above, but a Glorious Girl Attacks!

I'm actually ok with whatever, but I thought that the above was funny, other votes are likely to beat it at this point, still, that's where my vote is.

MageOhki likes this.
  19. Balatro Philologus

Balatro Philologus Still finds own avatar hilarious

MageOhki likes this.
  20. SomewhatHuman

SomewhatHuman Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

MageOhki likes this.
  21. the DragonBard

the DragonBard Creator of Worlds

MageOhki likes this.
  22. thewhiteraven22

thewhiteraven22 (Unverified Worm fan)

[X] Sarah explains to Brian.

MageOhki likes this.
  23. MageOhki

First Day of Arcadia wins! Off to writing I go!

thewhiteraven22 and Ashley9469 like this.
  24. MageOhki

Weather and like have affected my writing, so, it'll be done when it's done.

thewhiteraven22 and Ashley9469 like this.
  25. MageOhki

Right, I'm getting back into it, now just have to figure out how *one* conversation will go. Working on it.

As of 0615 MST, 12.28, off to the editor. Yay.

Vicky, *awesome*.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
    Ashley9469 likes this.
  26. Threadmarks: Exalts in High School… isn’t that a comedy show?
    MageOhki

Exalts in High School… isn’t that a comedy show?

Morning, Sept. 10th, 2009
    Arcadia Parking Lot/Front Entrance, Brockton Bay

“I don’t see why I have to wear this.” Taylor pulled at the skirt’s hem slightly. “I mean… why?”

The Lunar snickered as Lisa shook her head. “While I don’t really agree with Emma.” Lisa turned a slight glare onto the unrepentant girl, then continued. “She’s right. You do need to dress as the God Queen you are, and you’re not ugly at all.” The blonde Sidereal shrugged, waving her hand at Taylor’s outfit: thigh high white socks fitting into Mary janes, a black colored A-line pleated skirt that was cut above the knees, and a long sleeved black turtleneck. “Plus, the outfit works on you.”

Taylor shook her head. “But this makes me look like I’m…”

“No, it doesn’t. It just means you take pride in how you look.” Emma cut her off, then continued. “And we’re Exalted. We have to put away any of our childhood that remains. We have more important things to do, and if you don’t dress as a mature young woman, you won’t be taken seriously by those that matter, enough so that you won’t be able to get them to listen to you… and that’s your job.

Taylor looked over the other two. Shorter skirts, heels, and tighter shirts with hints of cleavage showing. “... and yet you two…”

Emma brushed her hair back. “We’re the distractions. You’re the little dagger that slips in unseen.” She sighed. “Sure, we’re still underage by mortal laws, not a question.” Lisa nodded. “Nor are we interested in playing that game at all, but again, it’s all making an impression.”

Taylor’s eyes narrowed as she looked at the Lunar. “But people should …”

“Listen, right?” Lisa snorted. “They might listen to your dad now, and they are scared of your mother… and they’ll be too busy looking down at us, even if they don’t mean to, and they’ll overlook you, if you keep that style or similar. At least as someone they should feel threatened by. Or consider brainless, or childish.”

Taylor blew out her breath. “People are …. Ugh. Why can’t it be easy?”

“Because it wouldn’t need Exalted if it was easy, would it?” Emma inquired amused.

Taylor raised a finger to respond, only to be cut off by a shout. “You!” Taylor’s eyes snapped to the speaker, a blonde in a pretty sundress, who was clearly fuming.

“Yes?” Taylor blinked. The blond was the one that was in the department store. “Didn’t you get healed by Corsair?”

The blonde gritted her teeth for a second, then nodded. Taking a deep breath she spoke. “Can you thank him for that… But… why are you here? Why aren’t you in *jail*?”

Taylor blinked and turned to Emma. “Why would we be in jail?”

Emma facepalmed. “Vicky… your mother is a lawyer, like my dad. Why would we be in jail?”

“You murdered people.” The blonde hissed. “My mother would never defend murderers!”

Taylor tilted her head. “Um, Emma? Didn’t Uncle Alan say we aren’t being charged because it’s defense of self and others?” Emma nodded.

“That’s what Dad said the DA stated on the various fights we were in.” Emma shrugged. “They were using guns, and all that. We aren’t bulletproof.” Emma shook her head and shot at the older blonde. “Stop that.

Taylor blinked, realizing she had felt her essence stir. “... what’s she doing? Um…” Taylor paused and looked at the blonde. “... Who are you again?”

A brown haired girl who had walked up bent over laughing. Vicky fumed a bit more but seemed to gather herself and control her temper. “Victoria Dallon. Emma never mentioned me?” Taylor shook her head, but before any of the Exalts could speak, Victoria interrupted them. “Glory Girl. Heard of me now?”

Sarah had found a bag of popcorn and started munching instead of backing up Taylor or taking the social arena over. Emma looked at her, curious to what the Sidereal was up to, only to get a wave to stay quiet.

Taylor tilted her head. “... Not really?” Victoria’s jaw dropped.

“But…” Emma had draped herself over Taylor while laughing her head off, and Sarah had started to choke on the popcorn, only to have the mousy brown haired girl help her and steal some of it from her bag.

Taylor pushed Emma off and shook her head. “I don’t think it’s that funny.” Victoria nodded, then spoke.

“Doesn’t matter. You killed people! They’re saying you’re ‘heros’! What did you do, bribe the PRT?”

Taylor shook her head. “No, we were acting in defense. If you mean the Nazis… they came with guns and Hookwolf.

“Who didn’t have a kill order!” Victoria raised her voice, then lowered it. “He shouldn’t have died! Nor the rest of those you killed! They didn’t have kill orders on them! We aren’t the law!”

“Hookwolf won’t kill anyone else.” the brunette shot back, beginning to get irritated. “He sure as hell tried to kill me. I didn’t, and don’t have a kill order on me. And the law allows for self defense!”

Victoria Dallon drew a deep breath, released it. “We can’t just kill people, even if it’s self defense! Heroes don’t do that. Mom says you claim to be heroes! If you are, heroes have to be better than the villains so people respect us and don’t fear us.” She paused for a second then nodded. “And what do you think Villians will do if they know you’ll go all out from the get go?”

Taylor rocked back on her heels. “... If they don’t want us to go all out, not commit murder and kill people? Heroes don’t let innocents get attacked, hurt or killed! At what point does mercy to the guilty become cruelty to the innocent?

Victoria paused, her eyes flashing, clearly remembering something. “... I can’t argue that the guilty don't need punishment.” She nodded once. “However… what happens when you take the law into your own hands?” She looked firm. “I’ll tell you, Villians will hunt you down and kill you when you’re not expecting it! They’ll think they have nothing to lose. They wont’ even care about innocents or like. You can’t just run around killing people, because you become just as much of a problem, in a different way, as the villains are. There’ are rules. Heroes enforce them, we don’t make them up. Otherwise no one would trust us! No Villain would surrender!

Taylor paused, turned to Lisa, who was still munching popcorn, and got a slight shrug and even slighter nod in response. Vicky blinked as Taylor turned back to her and looked at her, opening her mouth, then closing it.

“And when villains kill? Keep escaping it again?” Taylor finally responded. “What then? I can… I see your point.” Taylor wounded how many heroes would now not trust her to bring them together. “But if…”

The blonde cut her off knowing what the brunette would say. “No buts. Heroes are supposed to protect the system: The laws, the courts, the things people put their trust into.” She nodded at Taylor who was about to speak. “Yeah, I’ll give you Hookwolf should have had his kill order, and the courts hadn’t caught up to it.” The blonde heroine shook her head. “But if we act as bad as the villains, we become them. Heroes are better than that. Are you a hero? Are people going to trust you to do the right thing?”

Emma stepped up only to be cut off with a look from Sarah. The Sidereal was letting this go on for a reason.

Victoria Dallon looked Taylor in the eye and stated, calmly, seriously and with full intent. “At the end of the day, when people look you in the eye, what do you want them to feel? Fear? Awe? Trust? What do you want to give them? Because, I can tell you… way you’re going? It’ll be the first.”

Taylor looked at the young woman in front of her, who clearly had come to some epiphany, while Taylor was thinking on what to say… but before the Solar could answer, the New Wave cape spoke.

“Yeah, I can guess what you’re about to say. The system’s broken. All parahumans do is fight…” Vicky’s voice was soft. “Hell, I think this is the first time I've admitted it.” She looked into Taylor’s eyes. “If you want to change it, you have to have people trust you. If I want to change it… people need to trust me… If we work together… it’ll be easier, if we trust each other, won’t it?”

AN: Vote below. As noted, it’s a critical vote, several things can happen here, depending on how you vote, and it will shape things and the story for a very long time.

Also: Sorry it took so long, I have reasons, but I'm not going to make excuses.

Vote wisely.

Vote: (This is a *critical* vote.)

[ ] Taylor agrees with Vicky
    [ ] Taylor doesn’t agree with Vicky.
    [ ] Taylor takes another tack to defend her circle and their actions.
    [ ] Surprise Interjection (Write In)

27. Aleh

Aleh Destroyer of Faith in Humanity

[X] Taylor agrees with Vicky

MageOhki likes this.
  28. aidansidhe

aidansidhe Useless Lesbian

Yeeeah... if they bow down to Ms. Excessive Force after staring down Alexandria...

thewhiteraven22 and Anor like this.
  29. MageOhki

First, Vicky isn't *at that point yet*, canon wise (remember, 2009, not 2011). Second, this is aiming at *how the exalts do things*. Not *who is in command or controls them*

Subtle, but key differences. Lexy and company wanted them under their thumb, to do it *that way*. Vicky's calling them out on "What do you want to be?"

There's a difference.

Edit thought:
    Or, more precisely, this is Vicky, a 16 year old girl, raised by an controlling bitch with a black and white mindset on what a hero is, and why they're that way, asking someone claiming to be heroes, "why aren't you acting that way?"

Lexy was after their powers, Vicky's after their morality.

Ashley9469 likes this.
  30. SilverEagle2121

[X] Taylor takes another tack to defend her circle and their actions.

Prince Charon likes this.