• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
You forgot to threadmark this.

Hmm, there were explosions from nearby. Maybe it was a villain fight? Izuku decided to check it out, to see the heroes in action.

As he pushed his way through the crowd, the only thought that came to his mind was that he was seeing the heroes' inaction.

I think those might just be my two favorite lines in this story so far. Some classic homophonous word play, there.

Greetings, Author-san. Your verified chronomancer over here. Me and Imhotep were busy building an army of Floridian crackheads that we kidnapped back in Saturday through ancient spells. Pray for our successful campaign against Billy and his dastardly mischievous colleagues from the CIA.

Greetings, Author-san. Your verified chronomancer over here. Me and Imhotep were busy building an army of Floridian crackheads that we kidnapped back in Saturday through ancient spells. Pray for our successful campaign against Billy and his dastardly mischievous colleagues from the CIA.

Good luck!

And may the Force be with you!

Good luck!

And may the Force be with you!

Update: we didn't managed to win our first battle and kill Billy once and for all. We did, however, managed to capture one of the CIA agents while we're retreating. We are currently in the process of extracting important informations out of him by forcing him to watch the ever cringe-inducing Verbalese x Charlie Morningstar video that got the former bankrupted. For 6 hours straight.

Rising Malevolence
Much like before, the day began with a trip to the support department. Mei didn't greet them with an explosion, but she did deliver two finished costumes. Himiko, Ochako, and Izuku were all there to see the results, while Toru and Momo needed to try out their costumes.

"Welcome, one and all, to the baby exposition! This here is going to be Momo's costume. Your Quirk file said that the things you create extrude through the skin, yes?"

"That's correct," confirmed Momo.

"Excellent! You see, if you have a layer that's skintight, and then the same skintight layer folds outwards and thickens into a baggy layer, your Quirk will (hopefully) treat it as a single object! That means you can have protection and still use your Quirk, no pesky zippers to get in the way, and you never have to sacrifice protection! In case you can't have that, you can still have the skintight costume, as I'm pretty sure it works anyway, and just have a giant cloak you can detach. Let's test this one out!"

Momo headed to an adjacent room to get changed into her costume. Meanwhile, Mei turned on Toru, and said, "Well, invisible girl, your costume's going to be a lot simpler. When you put it on, the costume's default state is going to be invisible. If you turn on this switch, it stays visible, for you to put on, and if you want someone to see you. If you turn it off, it goes invisible again."

"Yup, I wouldn't like to put on an invisible costume! It's not like I can see myself!"

"You…can't?" That was Mei. "But I thought you could?"

"Yeah, I was really clumsy when I was little. Still kind of am!"

They were understandably shocked, and Himiko piped up. "Toru, if you give me some of your blood, I bet I can show you what you look like!"

"Really? Let's go! Take my blood!!"

"Wait, not yet! I need my costume!"

"Well, what are we waiting for! Let's get it then!"

A flailing Himiko was dragged off by Toru.

Momo was understandably puzzled. "Isn't Himiko…stronger than Toru?"

Izuku grinned. "She hasn't really had friends before this, so she's just acting. And no, I'm her brother, I technically don't count as a friend."

"Alright, now that you're back, creation girl, let's test it out!"

Momo furrowed her brow, and created a wooden doll from her arm. The costumes seemed to be successful!

"Everything is proceeding as planned! Excellent, excellent. Oh by the way, I haven't gotten independent satellite communication set up for your wrist computers yet, but I set up some entangled connections to some off-the-shelf PCs in my lab. I think you'll be okay with that for now."

"Thank you, Mei, you've been a great help to us!"

"No problem! Just make sure you remember who you're gonna call if you need any support gear!"

When class started, Aizawa told them, "Alright, today's training will be a little different. You'll have three instructors there: myself, All Might, and another faculty member will be keeping tabs on you."

Hanta Sero quickly raised his hand and said, "Sir, what kind of training is this?"

"It'll be rescue training," Aizawa replied. "You'll be dealing with natural disasters, shipwrecks, and other things like that."

The class broke out into quiet murmurs, excited about the training exercise.

"I'm not finished yet. Remember that your costumes are still new. Keep in mind that you haven't gotten used to them yet, and they might need to be readjusted. The costumes you see pros wear have generally gone through at least 25 iterations, if not more. This training's at an off-campus facility, so we'll be taking a bus to get there. That's all for now, so start getting ready."

They all quickly grabbed their costumes and headed out to the changing rooms, and were ready to go after 5 minutes. Iida attempted to get the class to line up for bus seats, but Aizawa had told them it was open seating.

Izuku was sitting in a small group with Ochako, Iida, Momo, Asui, and a few others, when Asui suddenly started talking to him.

"If we're pointing out the obvious, there's something I need to say. About you, actually."

"Uh...about what, Asui?"

"I told you to call me Tsu. Anyway, I can't help but notice that All Might is very familiar with you and Himiko."

"Um…Is he? I kind of didn't notice." Izuku felt really nervous now. He really wanted to shout from the rooftops about how he knew All Might, but his former injury was still a very closely guarded secret.

"Yeah," Tsuyu continued, "it's almost as if he knew you before UA."

Quick, he needed to think of something- oh! The sludge villain, of course! "I actually did meet All Might previously! He saved me from a villain about ten months before the entrance exam!"

"Dang, that's super manly! Remembering those you saved is a mark of a great hero," Kirishima interjected.

"You know, it's probably only because of my hair." That got a few laughs from some people, but Tsuyu wasn't done with her interrogation yet.

"What does your Quirk do? I've seen it in use before, but it's never been super clear."

"Oh, basically my Quirk lets me manipulate matter at the atomic level. I can break apart chemical bonds or reshape matter as long as I'm touching it. It's limited by what I have around me though, I can't combine atoms to create new ones, and I can't create matter from nothing."

"Wow, that's definitely a pro hero's Quirk! I'm not super psyched out about my own Hardening - it's great in a fight, but it's certainly not too flashy."

"Kirishima, that's a great Quirk for any hero who wants to defend civilians! It's really cool!"

"My Navel Laser has the perfect combination of panache and power!" This was said by Yuga Aoyama, a blonde-haired boy who spoke French quite fluently.

"Yeah, but it's way lame if it gives you a stomach ache, you know," Mina replied.

"I mean, if any of our classmates have pro Quirks, it's got to be Midoriya, Bakugō, and Todoroki," Kirishima said.

"Sure, but Bakugō's always angry, so he'll never be that popular," Tsuyu responded.

"THE FUCK DID YOU SAY TO ME? YOU WANNA GO, FROGGY?"

"See?"

"We haven't known each other that long, but Bakugō's personality seems like raw sewage mixed with a dumpster fire," Kaminari interjected.

"LET'S GO! YOU AND ME, PIKACHU FUCKER! RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW! I'LL WHOOP YOUR ASS!"

"SUCH LANGUAGE IS UNBECOMING OF A HEROICS STUDENT, BAKUGŌ!"

Aizawa stood up, and quieted the class. "Settle down. We've arrived."

"Wow, the Space hero, Thirteen!"

"They use their Quirk to save civilians from disasters! They're so cool!"

"Welcome, everyone, to your rescue training at the USJ! I can't wait to show you all our facility! It's got many different disaster simulations, and hopefully we'll get through them all today!"

Aizawa looked around, noticing that someone was missing, "Thirteen, do you know where All Might is?"

"I think he's going to be about 15 minutes late. He got caught up with standard procedures after a hostage situation downtown."

"Can't be helped, I guess. We'll get started, then."

"Anyway, before that, I have a few things to say! I'm assuming that some of you know of my Quirk, Black Hole. I can suck anything up and turn it into dust."

"Yeah. and you've used it to rescue lots of people who were trapped in rubble," Izuku said.

"That's true! But it's a power that can kill very easily. Some of you also have powers that can be dangerous."

Izuku knew that if he thought about it, Renovate could easily reduce a person to atoms. He'd certainly look for alternative options to…total annihilation.

"Most Quirks are used for peaceful applications, but as pro heroes, you need to learn how to best use your powers to save people! With the fitness test that Mr. Aizawa had you do, you all thought up creative ways to use your Quirks! With All Might's Battle Training, you experienced what it was like to use your powers against others. This class is different. Here, you'll learn to save lives using your Quirk - the ultimate responsibility of a hero. Remember, with great power comes great responsibility, as a great comic book series once pointed out!"

Wow! Thirteen's a cool hero, I really can see why they're Ochako's favorite, thought Izuku.

"Thanks for listening! Now then, you'll-"

A black mist appeared near the central fountain.

Momo was the first to point it out. "Is that also part of the exercise?"

Both Thirteen and Aizawa turned around. Aizawa growled, "Those are villains! This is not a drill! Stay back everyone, this isn't your fight. See if you can get a help signal out to any pro!"

As he was speaking, several more villains popped up out of the black cloud. It was ominous and more than slightly creepy with how it spread out, like a pile of goo. Many villains emerged from the cloud, and Izuku could spy plenty of abilities - one had eyes all over their body, another one had really big arms, and there really was a great variety of Quirks he could analyze.

Oh, right, they were villains.

Three figures emerged from the mist, and Izuku's intuition was screaming at him that those three were the most dangerous of the lot. One had a birdlike beak with… were those eyes embedded in that person's brain? What Quirk could possibly necessitate such an egregious violation of the body's organization?! Coming back to that later, there was another figure with…gray hands attached to almost every part of their body. And lastly, there was the generator of the black cloud.

"The only heroes I see here are Thirteen and Eraserhed. Perplexing. All Might should be here as well." The black cloud person had a deep and resonant voice, almost as if he was trying to imitate Darth Vader, but failed.

"Where is he? To think, I went through the trouble of bringing so many friends who are just so eager to meet him. Maybe if I kill a few kids, he'll show up."

"Um…Thirteen, why aren't the alarms going off?" Ochako asked.

"I can't get a signal through! Somebody must be interfering with us!" Kaminari shouted.

"Thirteen, get the students out of here. I'm going to buy you some time!"

Aizawa proceeded to leap towards the villains, where he proceeded to lay the beatdown on them.

"Roger! Everyone, form up on me, and let's get out of here!"

They proceeded to run at a dead sprint towards the entrance, but unfortunately, the cloud guy managed to teleport to them before they could get away.

"No escaping for you. We…are the League of Villains. I know it's impolite, but we decided to invite ourselves into this haven of justice to say hello. Isn't it a fitting place for All Might to take his last breath?"

Did they know about All Might's injury? If so, that's probably why they attacked here and now! And the press…they must have used it as a coverup to get data on how to infiltrate the USJ! Survive this, Izuku, theorize later!

"I believe he was supposed to be here today, and yet…I see no sign of him. There must have been a change in plans we could not have foreseen. Ah well, in the end, I suppose it doesn't matter. I still have a role to play."

Here, Thirteen opened up a finger cap, and prepared to attack Kurogiri. But Bakugō and Eijirou got there first.

"A noble attempt. You really live up to your school's reputation. But you should be more careful, children, otherwise someone might get hurt. I'll scatter you across this facility to meet my comrades, and your deaths!"

The black mist enveloped them, and Izuku fell.

When his vision finally cleared, he found himself falling towards an urban rescue setting, with wind blasting from all directions, and a complete deluge of rain pattering the ground. He quickly reached out to one of the buildings, and used his Quirk to grab himself using the building's material. He slowly decelerated his fall, until he'd reached the ground. He returned the building to its normal shape, and walked away.

It's pretty rainy and dark, he thought. I guess it helps me stay away from the villains. I don't think the villains have split apart, there's too many ways for that to go wrong. There are about 7 or 8 different zones, so there are about 2 or 3 students per zone, and definitely more villains than students. I shouldn't try to engage with the villains unless I find some other classmates…Now, if I was another hero student, where would I be?

He decided to duck into a nearby alleyway before anybody caught him unawares. He started exploring, periodically making sure nobody was following him by looking over his shoulder periodically, and taking a few random turns here and there.

After a few minutes of walking, he heard the sound of fighting.

Fighting..that means villains and hero students! Gotta join them, maybe execute a sneak attack on the villains? I'll assess the situation when I get there.

Well, he hoped that was enough to proceed.

He carefully picked his way through the streets towards the sound of fighting. Once he got to a large, open street, he noticed that about 30 villains were approaching…Ochako and Momo! They'd taken out 10 villains, and were trying to retreat.

"Remember, everyone! 10 million yen to each of us for each student's head!"

Well, that certainly put things into perspective.

The villains wouldn't let Ochako and Momo disengage, so…maybe he should make an opportunity for them to do that and strategize.

What would be a good distraction? A building falling? No, too much potential for collateral. What about a sinkhole? Not his best option…but he'd take it. He pressed his palm to the ground, and sensed that the building foundations were extremely solid.

Good enough, he was going for it.

He commanded the ground to form a sinkhole under the villains - not too deep, perhaps 6 ½ meters, but with very steep and smooth walls so the villains couldn't get out.

"Hey, which one of you dumbasses did this?"

"I sure didn't! Just when things were about to get good, too!"

"It must've been Aoi, that shitstain can't tell left from right."

"Hey! I didn't do anything, you g-guys have got it all wrong! R-right, guys? Guys, wait please, noooAAAAAAAGGH!"

Izuku ignored the villains, and ran over to Ochako and Momo. "Are you all right?"

Momo nodded. "We are unharmed. Ochako floated us down safely from that mist portal. Shall we proceed to the exit?"

"Yeah, that definitely sounds good. What about the villains?"

"Momo, could you maybe create some sleeping gas of some kind?"

"Yes, that's definitely a good idea."

She typed on her wrist computer for a second, and then created a canister from her arm. She pulled the pin, and threw it into the pit Izuku made.

"That should do it. Trichloroethylene, mostly harmless. I think. Chemical warfare can be tricky sometimes. I'm not a trained anesthesiologist, so I wonder if I got the dosage right…Perhaps I went a bit low."

Both Izuku and Ochako knew what the other was thinking: Momo is scary.

Ochako got over her shock more quickly, and said, "Uh, Momo? I hate to be the one asking, but isn't that some kind of war crime?"

"No? I said chemical warfare somewhat jokingly, as trichloroethylene is a nonflammable, and hopefully nontoxic anesthetic. "

Momo looked up at both of them. "What now? I suppose we could head to the central plaza. If that's agreeable with the two of you, we could attempt to stall for time until the other heroes arrive."

Izuku frowned. "Did either of you hear what Thirteen said to Mr. Aizawa in the beginning of class?"

Momo and Ochako shook their heads.

"So, what I heard was that All Might would come in 15 minutes. It's been about 10 minutes, so we don't have to wait for very long for help to arrive. Or maybe, someone has noticed something and All Might is coming sooner."

Ochako nodded. "Sounds like a good plan - wait, don't the two of you have wrist computers? Could you try to contact help from outside? Momo and I were a bit busy running from the villains to try beforehand."

Both Izuku and Momo facepalmed. They immediately tried to call for help, only to see that their signals were being blocked.

Momo shook her head. "I don't think we can. No signal seems to be getting out of the USJ…We're trapped until help arrives."

"Well, let's find a way out of here, then! I'm getting a bit cold."

"Right, I think I saw some exit signs this way…"

Once they made it to the exit of the zone, they saw that Eraserhead had beaten up most of the mooks there, who were laying in a pile near the fountain, with some groaning in pain.

Aizawa himself was mopping up the last of the villain mooks, and nothing was happening. Suddenly, the hand guy was running at Aizawa, and grabbed his elbow. Aizawa's hair flipped up, and they…was the villain talking?

"Your Quirk isn't suitable for these drawn-out fights, Eraserhead! You're blinking more often - I figured out your tells!" There was an element of sadistic glee in his voice.

Suddenly, Aizawa leapt back, cradling his right elbow. Izuku strained to see what was going on, but it was clear that Aizawa was injured…and there were still a few more goons left. Aizawa beat them up, but it certainly didn't look as easy as before.

Suddenly, the hand guy spoke up. "Oh, and Eraserhead. I'm not the final boss. He is." He waved a hand at the tall black creature with the exposed brain.

"Nomu…drain his health bar."

There was a sensation of movement, as the Nomu suddenly appeared next to Aizawa, and just…manhandled him.

Izuku winced as he heard the sound of bones cracking, and a strangled scream of pain. That really couldn't be healthy.

Is he bleeding, too? Is this what pro heroes have to fight every day?

He needed to stall for time! But how?

Suddenly, the mist guy appeared next to the hand guy. "Tomura Shigaraki," he intoned.

"Kurogiri…what's going on?"

"I was halted at the entrance by the children. One…got away."

"Dammit, Kurogiri! If you weren't our way out of here, I'd dust you right now!"

"I am sorry for my failure."

Someone who seemed like a random goon approached them from…the shipwreck! Did that mean his classmates were…?

"Boss…I'm…really sorry, but the kids trounced all of us! I was the only one to get away! Please, what do we do?" He kneeled at Shigaraki's feet, looking utterly defeated.

Shigaraki gently laid his hand on the goon's shoulder, and said, "Hey, there's no need for you to be scared."

He then violently grabbed the villain by the neck, and Izuku watched, horrified, as the villain was promptly turned to dust over the course of 10 seconds.

Shigaraki wiped off his hand on his pants, and murmured, "You fucking donkey."

He turned to Kurogiri and said, "It's game over, now. We need to leave…but…" he turned around, and stared directly at the three of them. "We can break the Symbol of Peace's pride by killing some children!"

Izuku had one shot to prevent the three of them from being dusted. He yelled, "With that crusty, pale skin, and that weird obsession with hands, there's only one type of creature you could be. A League player!"

Was he hallucinating, or did Kurogiri mutter "burn" under his breath?

Either way, Shigaraki reeled back in shock. "N-Nomu! Kill those childr-"

BOOM.

The door burst open. All Might was here! Something felt off, though, and Izuku couldn't put his finger on- Oh. All Might wasn't smiling.

All Might said, "Have no fear, students. I am here."

He vanished, and returned a split second later with all the students from every zone. Izuku searched for Himiko in the crowd of students, and she looked fine, aside from a few burns on her costume. Sato had some cuts and bruises, but otherwise fine. Bakugō was rather predictably, annoyed, but alright, aside from missing his arm gauntlet.

Shigaraki turned, and said, "Ah, All Might is here! Good, we get to continue, Nomu, KILL HIM!"

The Nomu tried its best, it really did, but All Might wasn't one of the best heroes in the world for nothing.

He slammed into the Nomu with such force that it sent a gale of wind careening throughout the USJ. Izuku covered his eyes, and saw his friends do likewise. All Might struck the Nomu once, with an ear-shattering thud, and did it again, and again, and again, in rapid succession. He finished his combo off with a shout of "Alaska Smash!", which sent the Nomu careening into the upper atmosphere like a badly-guided missile.

Shigaraki seemed a little panicked when he screamed, "Kurogiri! Get us out of here!"

Izuku heard three gunshots, and Shigaraki's body jerked thrice, before Kurogiri enveloped him in mist and disappeared.

All Might sighed. "I am sorry for arriving late, students. In light of this, classes should be canceled for tomorrow, at the very least. Aizawa and Thirteen need urgent medical attention, and Recovery Girl is waiting outside for any student who's injured."

Update: we didn't managed to win our first battle and kill Billy once and for all. We did, however, managed to capture one of the CIA agents while we're retreating. We are currently in the process of extracting important informations out of him by forcing him to watch the ever cringe-inducing Verbalese x Charlie Morningstar video that got the former bankrupted. For 6 hours straight.

Hope it goes well. LMK the results if you can.

Hope it goes well. LMK the results if you can.

Good news and bad news, Author-san! We managed to extract all the needed information from our prisoner of war (Jonah). Apparently, Billy's base is hidden deep within Al Jawf in Libya. So planning to infiltrate his base is under way.

However, we didn't take into account that our interrogation method might have broke the fella. Six hours of being forced to watch that god forsaken video has permanently cracked Jonah's mind so hard that he no longer see himself as well, himself, but rather as Charlie Morningstar.

He acts like her, he talks like her, he crossdresses as her and heck, he somehow even stole Imhotep's scrolls of spells to try to BE her. Luckily, we did prevented him from going any further, though he succeeded in making himself more feminine, and even having paler skin, blonde ass hair, yellow eyes with pitch black irises, two red polka dots on his cheeks and...you get the picture.

Noted to self: make sure to regulate the time.

Last edited:
The Nomu tried its best, it really did, but All Might wasn't one of the best heroes in the world for nothing.

He slammed into the Nomu with such force that it sent a gale of wind careening throughout the USJ. Izuku covered his eyes, and saw his friends do likewise. All Might struck the Nomu once, with an ear-shattering thud, and did it again, and again, and again, in rapid succession. He finished his combo off with a shout of "Alaska Smash!", which sent the Nomu careening into the upper atmosphere like a badly-guided missile.

lol. lmao even

Uncrippled All Might says nope~ and that's the end of that.

...Actually, is he 100% healed now, or are there still bits that need to be fixed?

Good news and bad news, Author-san! We managed to extract all the needed information from our prisoner of war (Jonah). Apparently, Billy's base is hidden deep within Al Jawf in Libya. So planning to infiltrate his base is under way.

However, we didn't take into account that our interrogation method might have broke the fella. Six hours of being forced to watch that god forsaken video has permanently cracked Jonah's mind so hard that he no longer see himself as well, himself, but rather as Charlie Morningstar.

He acts like her, he talks like her, he crossdresses as her and heck, he somehow even stole Imhotep's scrolls of spells to try to BE her. Luckily, we did prevented him from going any further, though he succeeded in making himself more feminine, and even having paler skin, blonde ass hair, yellow eyes with pitch black irises, two red polka dots on his cheeks and...you get the picture.

Noted to self: make sure to regulate the time.
You have my sympathies for your situation.

Is the prisoner worth keeping around at this point?

lol. lmao even

Uncrippled All Might says nope~ and that's the end of that.

...Actually, is he 100% healed now, or are there still bits that need to be fixed?
Oh, he's 100% healed.

Check chapter 7 again if you need to. I'm pretty sure I got everything his injury may or may not have damaged.

The Calm After the Storm I
"You hold onto friends by keeping your heart a little softer than your head."

After the USJ, Izuku had listlessly filed onto the bus with the other students. Both Ochako and Momo sat near him, and he could see how worried they were for Aizawa in their expressions.

If he was being perfectly honest, he wasn't optimistic about Aizawa's chances of recovering fully. He might have some lingering permanent damage from what that… thing did to him.

They'd gone back to their homeroom, where Midnight supervised them as their parents were brought in to pick them up. Principal Nezu also came to see them all, announcing that classes were canceled for the next week and counseling services would be provided for students. He left, saying that he had to attend to the ongoing investigation.

Everyone was strangely quiet, and subdued. That was…until Midnight stood up and said, "Alright, class, I just got word from Principal Nezu. Aizawa and Thirteen are going to be alright after about two days!"

The class cheered in relief.

His mom came to UA about two hours later, and picked both Himiko and Izuku up. They rode the train back home. Naturally, once they'd told her what happened, she had almost flooded the genkan with tears. She'd made lunch, and sat down with him and Himiko.

"All said and done, Izuku, Himiko I am glad you're safe. What you did was…well, it was under extreme pressure, and both of you are still learning how to be heroes. I…wish your first rescue training had gone differently, but there's not much I can do. Do you know anything about whether U.A. is going to add more security measures?"

Izuku frowned. "I mean…probably? They couldn't have accounted for that particular villain's quirk, considering warping and teleportation Quirks are really rare. Going forward, they'll definitely implement security measures, though. The two teachers present for the attack are still recovering, UA's probably going to ask them for suggestions later on."

His mom nodded, and let them play video games for the rest of the day. Himiko was more fond of games that allowed her to relax and enjoy herself, while Izuku was fond of strategy games, and ones that stressed him out slightly. He did play some Overwatch, but he wasn't super committed to it.

His allowance primarily went into hero merch, so he didn't have money left over to get some of the hero skins on the Overwatch characters.

Suffice to say, Himiko always got the Switch while Izuku got the PC. They kept each other entertained with running commentary throughout the day, stopping only for food, water, and sometimes a stretch break.

Izuku and Himiko woke up the next day, but with different plans. Izuku was going to stay at home…and turn his brain off, unless something came up.

"So, Toru, Mina and myself are going to the Koko Taun Mall for some shopping therapy," Himiko said.

"That's great," said Izuku. "Don't buy too many plushies."

"Oh, it'll be fine! We've got three people, how bad could it be?"

"If Toru and Mina are anything like you, each of you will forget the others want to buy stuff too."

Himiko waved him off. "We're not that bad! Anyway, I'll be off!"

"See you later, Himiko. Have fun!"

Once she'd left, he was in the mood for some strategy games, so he booted up the computer.

That would have been his plan, had he not seen a text from Momo.
Screenshot-2024-01-20-at-22-49-41.png

Now, to ask his mom. He opened the door to her office, and found her making some notes on a case she probably had.

"Mom? One of my friends invited me for a sleepover…can I go?"

His mom thought for some time. "You can go, but remember to take a toothbrush and a change of clothes! And…who's going to be there?"

Izuku gulped. He'd really hoped his mom wouldn't ask that question, but it couldn't be avoided now.

"Um…Ochako…and Momo," he said quietly. "Momo's hosting it…"

Inko smiled gently. "Well…be careful, okay? You guys were attacked recently, so I'm not going to prevent you meeting up with your friends. Go have some fun! Do you know how to get there?"

He really didn't. He should probably text Momo.

Screenshot-2024-01-20-at-22-50-27.png

Izuku had packed his bag with a spare t-shirt, shorts, his laptop and power cord, and a few other necessities. He had no idea what they were going to do during the sleepover, and he was really curious if Momo had anything planned.

Momo's house was about a ten minute walk from a train station. His Maps app said that it had a gate which he'd need to get through. Momo had told him to simply say his name at the intercom on the gate, and someone should let him through.

He nervously walked up to the gate, and pressed his hand to the button.

Well, he might as well try saying hello. "...Hello?" asked Izuku.

"Good morning, who might I be speaking to?"

"I'm Izuku Midoriya…I was invited today?"

"Ah yes, we'll open the gate right away."

The gate opened smoothly, and Izuku walked in.

It took him about 2 minutes to reach the house. He couldn't really call it a house, actually. It was more like a mansion. It was quite spacious and artistically designed, at least to his eyes. He shook himself once, before he rang the doorbell. He still hadn't gotten over the fact that his friend (who was also a really pretty girl) was inviting him to a sleepover! He was understandably nervous…and excited.

He hadn't really thought about how rich Momo's family must be if she lived in such a fancy house. Her family probably had some kind of housekeeping service.

The door opened, to show a man dressed in an impeccably tailored suit. He had graying hair, and he was maybe twenty centimeters taller than Izuku was. "Ah, good! You're here quite early. Miss Yaoyorozu will be glad to see you. Do come in!"

Was he a butler? He probably was.

As Izuku entered, he said, "Hello! Um…Do I wear my shoes inside, or do I just take them off here?"

The butler replied, "You can take them off inside and keep them in this shoe rack. You'll want some slippers, the floor is rather cold."

Izuku sat down on a bench, and began the task of prying his shoes off. "Excuse me, um…what's your name?"

"You can call me Mr. Iwasaki. Now, once you've got those slippers on, I'll lead you to Miss Yaoyorozu's room."

"Oh, you're here! Fantastic! Thank you for showing him here, Mr. Iwasaki!"

"It's no problem, young miss. Have fun!" With that, Mr. Iwasaki left.

Momo beamed at Izuku. She was wearing comfortable clothing, and looked right at home. She had a console with quite a lot of games, actually. It seemed like they'd be spending some time on that.

"Well, Ochako's not here, yet, so what would you like to do? I have some co-op games, but is there anything else? Oh, and you can sit on the bed, there's no problem."

The bed in question was absolutely massive. It was bigger than some rooms in the apartment complex he lived in.

Izuku thought for a moment. "Honestly, it's hard to think of something to do without Ochako. Can we try taking turns on a single player game?"

"That sounds grand! Which one would you like to start with? I have No Man's Sky 4, Baldur's Gate 21, Final Fantasy 84, Subnautica: Absolute Zero, and a few more games."

"I feel like Ochako would like No Man's Sky 4. We could try that?"

Momo nodded, and began booting up her console. "Izuku, are there any games you play consistently?"

"I mean, I don't, really? I play some Overwatch 50, but very casually. I like some strategy games, too, but it's been some time since I've started. I definitely don't play League, though."

Suddenly, somebody knocked on the door, and opened it. It was Mr. Iwasaki, who'd brought Ochako along. She looked a little dazed, but thanked him for leading her to the room.

"Excellent! Now that we're all here, we can all decide on a game! Ochako, the two of us agreed that we'd try out No Man's Sky 4. Is that alright with you?"

Ochako blinked. "I'm still trying to process the fact that I'm in a house this expensive. I think I need a moment."

With that, she flopped onto the carpeted floor, and didn't move.

Momo looked concerned. Turning to Izuku, she asked, "Will she…recover?"

"Physically? Yes. Emotionally? I couldn't tell you."

They waited in silence for another few seconds, before Ochako sprang back up with a smile. "Okay, I'm good now! What's this No Man's Sky you keep telling me about?"

"It's a space exploration game, creating unique worlds…I've played a little bit before, do you want to start and I can explain it as we go along?"

"Sounds great!"

They spent about two hours messing around with space exploration before moving on. It was a fun game, and there was a multiplayer option. Izuku would probably save up for it, eventually. Maybe he'd be able to coordinate with his two friends, and play with them sometime.

Either way, it was time for lunch. Momo's parents were out of the house, and she wanted to have the three of them make food together.

Momo led them to the kitchen. It was a spacious place, which would make it easy for the three to cook…something.

"Any preferences for what we make today? We can do…just about anything, actually. Nothing terribly exotic, but we have a good selection of ingredients," said Momo.

Ochako told them, "My parents and I have Thai jungle curry all the time! It's got chicken, and I think the two of you would really like it!"

"I can try throwing together some katsudon," Izuku stated.

Momo smiled. "Well, I think I'm going to make some shogayaki. We have some rice made yesterday, so we can eat that with the dishes we're making."

With that decided upon, they set about making their food. Izuku concentrated on chopping the vegetables for the fritters, but he couldn't help but notice how familiar Momo was with the kitchen. Ochako also seemed to be pulling together the jungle curry with ease borne from extensive practice. It seemed they liked cooking.

Compared to them, he felt like a fish without fins. He hadn't really gotten into cooking. Maybe he should change that.

Time to focus, anyhow.

Lunch was delicious. Momo complimented his katsudon, and Ochako's curry. They were a bit too busy eating to make much conversation.

Afterwards, Izuku asked the two of them, "Do you two like cooking? I just noticed that you two seem to have a sort of familiarity with what you were cooking…I learned how to make my favorite dish, but I didn't explore cooking too much beyond that."

Momo explained, "To use my Quirk effectively, I need a very high-calorie diet. I could achieve this using a combination of honey, saturated fat, and meat, but that's not very palatable to me. I learned how to make those dishes mainly out of curiosity. How about you, Ochako?"

Ochako was saddened a little as she answered, "My parents were pretty busy sometimes, and they wouldn't be home a lot. I…kind of had to manage on my own sometimes, y'know?"

Both Izuku and Momo looked at each other, having noticed their friend's downturn in mood.

Izuku reached over to awkwardly pat her shoulder, "That's actually really admirable, Ochako. You don't need to feel down about that!"

Momo nodded. "I agree. Most of us are still quite dependent on our parents, but you are an independent person. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that."

Ochako looked shocked, but then her lips curved into a small smile. "Thanks, you two. You really are the best friends I could ask for."

Izuku spotted an opening. He asked, "So…do you have any tips for a cooking noob?"

Ochako and Momo smirked at each other, and launched into a discussion of different dishes they'd made, and the best pieces of advice that they had.

With lunch finished, they decided on doing something other than video games.

Momo went into a closet, coming back with arms full of board games. "Which one do you think we can play? I've got Uno, chess, a strategy game, and a few more."

"Why don't we try Uno? It seems fun," said Ochako.

"Very well, then! I'll deal, and you all know the rules, right?" questioned Momo. Once she'd gotten confirmation of that, she led them to a small table and began to deal the cards. They were from the Uno Minimalista set, which honestly looked fantastic.

Izuku was slightly concerned, given Momo's Quirk. She was wearing a T-shirt, so it's not as if she could cheat easily by creating plus four cards in her sleeves. He'd have to keep track of how many cards she held. He trusted Momo, but at the same time, he'd spent enough time on the internet to know that Uno was known as the 'destroyer of friendships' for a reason.

Once their hands had been dealt, he pulled his hand out and examined it. He had seven cards, 3 blue, 2 red, one green skip turn, a color changer, and a plus four. Not a bad hand.

And now, to decide who goes first.

Ochako said, "If none of you mind, I guess I can go first." Momo and Izuku nodded their affirmation.

She drew a red two from the deck, and she placed down a red four on top. Next, it was Momo's turn. She placed down a red seven.

Izuku placed down a red three, and Ochako swapped the color to blue.

The game continued on, with nobody playing any of their black cards (if they had any).

Izuku managed to keep himself from getting more cards than he put down, somehow. All he had left were the color changer card, and a plus four. Momo had two left as well, and Ochako had 3, thanks to a plus two Momo played when Ochako had called "Uno!". He'd been watching Momo's cards all game, and he didn't detect any…shenanigans going on, thankfully.

He was going to lose a friendship today, he just knew it.

It was better for him if he started off with the color changer card.

He placed it down, and told them, "Alright, I think I'll change the color to…red."

Momo sighed, and drew a card. Ochako looked very smug, for some reason.

And then she put down a seven. And then another.

She called out, "Uno!"

And then one last seven. She'd won this round. But if Izuku had anything to say, she wasn't going on a win streak.

Izuku and Momo looked at each other and nodded. They were going to take Ochako down in the next round.

They ended up playing Uno far longer than they expected. When they finally took a break, Ochako had won far more than Izuku or Momo.

"How did you get so good, Ochako? Have you played before?" asked Momo.

"I told you guys that my parents weren't home that much, right? I learned how to play poker from an elderly couple who were my neighbors growing up. It didn't take me long to start winning at those games, and I guess that experience carried over from there," replied Ochako.

"Anyway," she continued, "Now that we're done with cards, I've always wanted to try playing a Subnautica game. Are you two okay with that?"

"Sure, sounds fun!"

"Of course!"

You have my sympathies for your situation.

Is the prisoner worth keeping around at this point?

Initially, we decided to put him out of his misery until one of Imhotep's fellow priests, Djehuty-Hotep, came in and stop what we were doing. He took pity on the poor guy and asked Imhotep and I if he could take Jonah as his apprentice. Reluctantly, we permitted it.

Initially, we decided to put him out of his misery until one of Imhotep's fellow priests, Djehuty-Hotep, came in and stop what we were doing. He took pity on the poor guy and asked Imhotep and I if he could take Jonah as his apprentice. Reluctantly, we permitted it.
I'm invested probably as much as the actual story… not a bad thing in my books.

Those chat images are kinda huge. Maybe shrink them a bit?

Check chapter 7 again if you need to. I'm pretty sure I got everything his injury may or may not have damaged.

You probably did. I just read a lot of stories and sometimes I forget stuff, or get them mixed up with something else.

Those chat images are kinda huge. Maybe shrink them a bit?

See, I would. I totally would.

However, I created them natively in AO3. What you see are the screenshots posted to an image hosting site and then linked in QQ.

Man, it's just...kind of a pain lmao.

She typed on her wrist computer for a second, and then created a canister from her arm. She pulled the pin, and threw it into the pit Izuku made.

"That should do it. Trichloroethylene, mostly harmless. I think. Chemical warfare can be tricky sometimes. I'm not a trained anesthesiologist, so I wonder if I got the dosage right…Perhaps I went a bit low."

She'd better hope the dosage was too low to actually cause unconsciousness.

From the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry:
Routes of Exposure: Inhalation
Trichloroethylene is heavier than air and may cause asphyxiation in poorly ventilated or enclosed spaces and in low-lying areas.
Standards and Guidelines
OSHA PEL (permissible exposure limit) = 100 ppm (averaged over an 8-hour workshift)
OSHA ceiling = 200 ppm
OSHA STEL (short-term exposure limit) = 300 ppm (5-minute exposure in any 2 hours)
NIOSH IDLH (immediately dangerous to life or health) = 1,000 ppm
AIHA ERPG-2 (emergency response planning guideline) (maximum airborne concentration below which it is believed that nearly all individuals could be exposed for up to 1 hour without experiencing or developing irreversible or other serious health effects or symptoms which could impair an individual's ability to take protective action) = 500 ppm,
Acute Exposure: CNS
Typical symptoms of exposure to lower levels of trichloroethylene (>500 ppm) include excitation, lightheadedness, headache, nausea, incoordination, and impaired ability to concentrate. At higher doses (>1,000 ppm), lack of muscle tone, decreased deep-tendon reflexes, drowsiness, dizziness, impaired gait, and stupor may develop. Death may result from respiratory depression.

Considering they'd been dropped in a pit where there shouldn't be much airflow to disturb the rapidly settling vapour, deploying enough trichloroethylene to actually knock all of them out could easily have been an execution rather than a simple incapacitation. Just because an anesthetic is safe to use in highly controlled doses in a hospital doesn't mean it's safe to deploy in the air at high enough concentrations to have a knock out effect; especially not in places where there is limited airflow.

Also, it stopped being used as an anesthetic cause it's a carcinogen, but that seems like a lesser concern than it's potential lethality.

Just thought you'd appreciate the heads up because this seems like the sort of mistake Momo would have studied/been tutored to avoid making; else the manslaughter charges might start racking up.

She'd better hope the dosage was too low to actually cause unconsciousness.

From the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry:

Considering they'd been dropped in a pit where there shouldn't be much airflow to disturb the rapidly settling vapour, deploying enough trichloroethylene to actually knock all of them out could easily have been an execution rather than a simple incapacitation. Just because an anesthetic is safe to use in highly controlled doses in a hospital doesn't mean it's safe to deploy in the air at high enough concentrations to have a knock out effect; especially not in places where there is limited airflow.

Also, it stopped being used as an anesthetic cause it's a carcinogen, but that seems like a lesser concern than it's potential lethality.

Just thought you'd appreciate the heads up because this seems like the sort of mistake Momo would have studied/been tutored to avoid making; else the manslaughter charges might start racking up.

I did go through some of this while writing this out. (Also, just to be clear, her "Perhaps I went a bit low" was semi-joking on her end. Tone is hard, especially in the middle of the USJ.)

She simply needed to make the villains...unable to get out of the pit. It was a rather rough calculation (on her end in the story, not on mine) where she sort of approximated it to the AIHA ERPG-2. The symptoms at 500 ppm would probably be enough to keep them down in the pit for long enough to be captured.

The villains had stated they wanted to kill the children and who knows what else, so...keeping them from suffering severe health effects wasn't exactly her top priority, either.

Man even in fanfic this kind of thing appear huh? What shit worl we live
BNHA is highly popular in western audiences of that demographic so you'll see it a lot. Best to skip past the bits of fanfic you don't like or just move on to a different one without making a fuss (assuming you haven't already since the quoted passage doesn't appear on this page).

In regards to the latest chapter, Thirteen being They/Their seems to be a common fanfic choice for the collective fanon although I've never seen the character actually elaborated on beyond that change of address. Outside of a way of making the character more unique it might be a holdover from some early mistakes (or conscious decisions) in the EN localisation (I want translations darn it!) of the series; in some earlier productions she's referred to as male but in the anime she's female.
(Edit, I did a little research)
From a conversation on her BNHA wiki page in 2019:
The new official data book confirmed she is a woman. All gender pronouns before were the translator making a "mistake". Japanese doesnt (usually) use gendered pronouns so sometimes a translator has to guess. Thirteen was always referred to in a gender nuetral way before the new data book.
Presumably the character was never seen out of costume so everyone was just guessing for so long that it became the norm to go with the most exotic option.

Anyway these things haven't impacted what is an enjoyable story so far.
I did feel the latest chapter was a little wooden. Something about the focus on videogames and the way the cast interactions revolve around them (being a gamer in the superpowered future must be a special kind of torture if the same series have been phoning it in for over a century and 50 games in a row lol).

Last edited:
UPDATE: AFTER ONE MONTH, WE MANAGE TO CONQUER AL-JAWF, THOUGH MY GOOFY AHH NEIGHBOR WAS, UNFORTUNATELY, ABLE TO ESCAPE FROM CAPTURE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back