• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Safe For Work Worm Ideas thread

Don't forget that the shards were released with the expectation that Eden would be there, running PTV and monitoring everything at all times. In her "perfect world" she would wipe memories and manipulate people to keep things running, so it's perfectly reasonable to expect some bullshit powers out there.

To be fair the Entities made some pretty stupid decisions when giving out powers. The biggest being giving out the only power that can pose a legitimate threat to them and to a lesser extent Nilbog, Bonesaw, and Panacea who are capable of whipping out humanity pretty easily.

Not really.

I mean, let's take Sting.

Scion was capable of trivially dealing with it. At most, it got his attention. It couldn't hit him until after he'd given up the will to live. Even then, all it did was open a portal to his stored mass that Khepri then fired the doom laser into. It would have been considerably less effective if Scion actually gave a fuck at that point.

Then Nilbog, who is implied by Wildbow to be a sedimentary conflict generator/bomb set to go off if things end up too stable for the Entities or it someone like Dauntless or Bakuda nuke everything.

Bonesaw and Panacea are more of a threat to humanity as a whole. However, even discarding the possibility of other powers/tinkers/whatever countering them, so what? So they killed one planet. Big deal. The Entities still have 10^80 to play with.

Bonesaw and Panacea are more of a threat to humanity as a whole. However, even discarding the possibility of other powers/tinkers/whatever countering them, so what? So they killed one planet. Big deal. The Entities still have 10^80 to play with.
Because most shards were pointed in a specific direction during approach so they'd potentially have to spend ages redirecting all of them to point to the new Earth they decide to focus on?

Because most shards were pointed in a specific direction during approach so they'd potentially have to spend ages redirecting all of them to point to the new Earth they decide to focus on?

Not really.

We know that other realities have parahumans of their own. We also know that Shards can and will discard their intended hosts for ones that better suit their current situation on their own initiative.

If Earth Bet became nonviable, the Shards would redirect fairly simply and Bet would likely just get flagged as a spare world for consumable resources.

So Amy was just killed by Mannequin in a Amy/Taylor shipfic over on SB. The funny part is, while the rest of the fandom raged, t7w admitted he didn't give a fuck about Amy, and immediately started suggesting new ships.

I expect lynching.

So Amy was just killed by Mannequin in a Amy/Taylor shipfic over on SB. The funny part is, while the rest of the fandom raged, t7w admitted he didn't give a fuck about Amy, and immediately started suggesting new ships.

I expect lynching.
I am reminded of The Mami/Kyoko divide of Witchquest. Let us hope this ends better.

I expect lynching.
That's... not a fic I read. Which one is it?

Not really.

We know that other realities have parahumans of their own. We also know that Shards can and will discard their intended hosts for ones that better suit their current situation on their own initiative.

If Earth Bet became nonviable, the Shards would redirect fairly simply and Bet would likely just get flagged as a spare world for consumable resources.
We know they have an ability to redirect sure, they should even be able to redirect to different universes. The issue is how would they know which universes to redirect to? If they all just start randomly shuffling through universes to find the best candidates you'll have them smeared across the multiverse, they don't want that as they want it all focused to generate more conflict and data. They may have coded a series of backup worlds in, no way of knowing what kind of precautions they have against a world dying unexpectedly but the auto-correction doesn't seem to have indicated that from what I remember.

Not even close. The butterflies started when Emma was mugged. Because Kryptonian vs muggers... doesn't go well for muggers...
Okay, I went and found the thread, and I was remembering the original version where the butterflies were kept caged because plot. I stopped following and didn't know the author had rewritten it.

Skitter and Shadow Stalker manage to kill Leviathan by fighting side-by-side, I want the perspectives of Tattletale, Armsmaster, Emma (who discovers Taylor's identity) and Both Taylor and Sophia (who discovered each others identities).

Man this took awhile. Good thing I had the day free. *Looks at the barely started chapter of HNID*...yep no obligations at all. This one is going to be a bit rough, and might make a lot of people mad, but it's all in good fun.

Well...Shit
Impossible. That was the first thing Tattletale thought when the announcement came over the bracelet. Leviathan deceased Shelter A-3. It just seemed so fantastical that her mind could only reject it even as her power told her the truth of the sentiment. Then the reports started to trickle in from the reports she could over hear, and the day went from impossible to fascicle. It wasn't Eidolon, or Scion or any of the other capes people talked about in the same tones people used to use when talking about Zeus or Adonis. It was just two local capes, nobodies really, beat a god. It was odd to see the way people talked about it.

'Not awed,' her power supplied. 'Shadow Stalker, Skitter, too real, too human for awe. Already considering how they might be the next Endbringer killer.'

It was ridiculous. It had to be luck or a fluke. Tattletale cared about Skitter, the poor girl was always one to get in to deep and somehow had just enough to make her attempts not to drown seem like expert swiming, and Shadow Stalker was just another thug with a badge. They weren't the kind to be able to wipe out something that could kill cities.

And yet, they did. Two minor nobodies from some nowhere city did what armies of capes couldn't before them. In that moment Lisa could almost see how the next part would play out. Taylor would go public about trying to be a hero, no way do the PRT not try to jump on her PR. She'll tell them about Dinah, the Undersiders, Coil. The full force of the Triumvirate would come down on him to show the world how much they trusted her. A week maybe two at most and Dinah would be back home, Coil would either be dead or in the 'Cage and the others, if they survive today, will either need to make themselves scarce or be hauled off to one Prison or another. Lisa took pride in being smart, smarter than anyone, and part of that was knowing a losing game before it was too late to fold. She could skip easy enough, in the chaos that follows an Endbringer attack she wouldn't be missed. She had plans, when Coil first brought her in to make a run for it, but as soon as she could she didn't want to, not without making sure Coil wouldn't follow. Now though, she could leave that to the new Endbringer slayer.

Maybe after everything settled down she'd get in touch with Taylor, girl could likely use a hug.

XxXXxX

Armsmaster couldn't help the grunt of pain as the doctors helped to care for the remains of his arm. The worst was over they had assured him, the wound had been cleaned, and the bleeding stopped. Right now it was just a matter of insuring the bandages were in place. One of the healers would be by soon, depending on how bad the other triage tents had gotten. Still even without their diagnosis he knew it was unlikely that any would be able to reattach his arm. Already gears were turning in his mind, coming up with solutions, bionics or something like it. Ways to get him out there as soon as possible. The world had changed, and he wanted, no needed to be there to make sure that it didn't leave him in the dust.

He could at least take solace that he helped to change it. Between his early warning system and his Nanothornes he had a part in killing Leviathan. He needed to make sure that his part was well remembered. Even if he had to share with Sophia and Bug Girl. He would deal. Sophia of course would need to be watched, a moment like this would likely go far too much to her head. He knew nothing was so dangerous in a narcissistic sociopath like her than a boost to the ego. Bug Girl was another problem. He already informed Legend about her undercover scheme. It was likely after this she'd be joining the ranks of the Protectorate. She'd need watching too. Her attack on Lung, the stunt with the Charity Event, the girl's craving for glory often surpassed her ablity to deal with the aftermath. She too would need someone to reign her in. Though in truth Armsmaster doubted it would be needed. The girls were not likely to be let out on anything approaching danger again. The world needed them, and it needed them as symbols. The first priority would be to find out what they did and how they did it, and from there see if it could be done again.

If they were lucky they could create a weapon that would be able to do what those girls did today. Something to turn the tide against the monsters that had nearly driven the world to the brink. Someone would need to analyze all the data and understand all the angles. The girls would need guidance too, their lives were sure to become a quagmire of public opinion and politics. They'd need a mentor, a teacher to show them how the game was played. Luckily Armsmaster knew someone that could do both.

XxXXxX

Taylor hated her life. That was by itself wasn't a new notion. It was almost a comfortable feeling, an assurance that she wouldn't get hurt. She had let herself forget that for awhile. Hanging out with the Undersiders, playing at being a villain, it may have been an act, but it was a fun act. That changed when she saw what they really were, and what they'd be a part of if they could justify it to themselves, and now with what happened today Taylor knew that it wasn't likely to be getting better. For all the pride she had about saving those people, saving all the people when she saw Leviathon fall as she threw the Halberd into his chest, as Shadow Stal-Sophia made it go through the outside of its shell and kill it, somehow, that all vanished when she saw who had helped her. Of all the people in the world that it could have been Taylor couldn't think of anyone worse than Sophia. It was something so awful Taylor almost laughed. Then the PRT started talking about press trips, training, studies. Spending days, or weeks or even months with no one but Sophia as company? Taylor almost thought she had died and this was her punishment for what she had done in the last few weeks.

It was somehow even worse than she thought though. When Sophia got over the shock of seeing Taylor's face Taylor had been expecting a familiar sneer or anger in her eyes. Instead it was something else entirely. Respect. Sophia respected Taylor now, and somehow that made Taylor's skin crawl worse than any of her bugs ever had. Still it wasn't so bad so long as she focused on the positives. She was a hero now. People said she was one of the greatest in the world. Alexandria herself came to Taylor's bedside to tell her how great she was. It was flattering and wonderful, but Taylor didn't feel like a great hero. Anyone could've and would've done what she had done. All she did was throw something because Sophia had dislocated her shoulder. Had the other girl been healthy she'd be the only one anyone would even think about. Taylor would be forgotten, just some footnote of a footnote. Forgotten and freindless as one of the worst people Taylor ever met got called the greatest hero in the world. She...didn't know if she could survive that really.

As it was Taylor didn't know how she was going to last the next few weeks, as she and Sophia were in the same hotels, buses, and had to play the united front for all the cameras. God she was going to be sick.

XxXXxX

Sophia loved her life. She knew a lot of the weaker capes seemed to just fall apart after their trigger, they let it define them and break them. Sophia wasn't weak, and now she knew it for fact. She didn't let her trigger bring her down, didn't let the world try and shape her reality. She was the one that shaped the world. Ever since she dawned the mask her life had been like climbing a mountain. Hard work but every step was worth it. First she got to meet the hottest and coolest girl in town, managed to slip being thrown in the slammer for some stupid mistakes, and now? Now Sophia killed a god. Shit Eidolon couldn't pull that one off. Scion couldn't pull that off. She could though, and now the world was hers. It would bend over backwards to give her anything she wanted. She wanted a nicer house? They'd buy her one. She wanted Piggot out of her hair? They'd send that bitch to the ass end of the world. She could even tell them to send that Prisim girl over to her house in nothing but a silk robe and all they'd ask is what color she wanted the robe to be.

The only downside would be having to share the stage with Hebert and even that Sophia found...temperate? Not half bad. She didn't know where the little rabbit Hebert used to be went, but the wolf that was in its place was a welcome change. She figured it was like when they melted steel down to make it hard, put someone through enough hell and even a weakling has to become stronger or be totally destroyed. She helped break Hebert down until all the weak parts started to burn away. Until the girl could stand in front of a monster and not even flinch. So in a way she earned even more credit for killing Leviathain then, because without her Hebert wouldn't have been there anyway and no one would have killed the thing. Just more proof at how awesome Sophia was deep down. As if the world needed more. So she could deal with sharing the spotlight. They could play nice for the cameras, and if she looked as good as that suit suggested as it clung soaked to her, Sophia might even sound out playing nice away from the cameras too. If she had time.

Just a few months of boring talk shows and then she can go and shove another spear thingy right up Behemoth's ass or she'd get to nail the Simurgh right between the tits. Sophia let out a snort at her joke. She couldn't wait.​

....Okay technically Skitter only handed Shadow Stalker the weapon Vol, if anything Armsmaster would be getting more credit than Skitter would due to it being his invention his halberd.

Skitter was the one that threw it as Sophia phased it midflight thanks to a spider thread attaching her to the Halberd.

Skitter was the one that threw it as Sophia phased it midflight thanks to a spider thread attaching her to the Halberd.
You could also make it so Taylor coordinated and tracked Levi (like she did in canon), hemmed it in with Clockblocked spider-threads, and then coordinated with Sophia for the coup-de-grace.

I had a idea that spawned suddenly. The Main character is a cape that can empower baseball bats. He can make it so that he can swing them at the speed of sound. He also has a minor tinker ability so he can repair bats. He winds up in The bay and then stuff happens. I haven't got past this point.

Neko Dee Neko updated with an Armsmaster interlude because the main character was busy... being dead.

Here's a link!

cross-posted from SV said:
I can't seem to remember who's thread it was that I posted the suggestion in but I would to see a KeybladeWielder!Taylor fic, with all that entails. The few KH crossover fics I have seen either take KeybladeWielder!Taylor out of Brockton Bay and thus her into the events of KH1 or simply have her powerset basically boil down to controlling the heartless or the nobodies. Why can't we just have KeybladeWielder!Taylor with all the abilities, drive forms and summons from Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, in Brockton Bay?

Here another one: ClassicCastlevaniaVerseDracula!Taylor - Imagine if you will Taylor with the Power of Dominance and Death as her subordinate, and her having Dracula's Castle appear in the Bay and all that entails. Does the Power of Dominance cover Endbringers? She could simply command Death to one-shot kill the Simurgh.
I figured I might as well cross-post my suggestions here.

I had a idea that spawned suddenly. The Main character is a cape that can empower baseball bats. He can make it so that he can swing them at the speed of sound. He also has a minor tinker ability so he can repair bats. He winds up in The bay and then stuff happens. I haven't got past this point.
His name shall be... Bat-Man!

Aw, Crap the Worm/DC/Marvel Story has updated, with the new arc: You are who you choose to be

Thought about posting this in NSFW, then decided to take it in a different direction. Might still post to NSFW, because while sex is what we usually put there, there are other reasons to do so.

Greg Veder triggers a a Tinker with an android theme. His androids are somewhat self-repairing (which is damn impressive for Tinkertech), and aren't actually sapient - though some of them come pretty close, or have the potential to become sapient after enough time active. Being the giant nerd he is, he designs and builds them in the image of characters from video games, and with powers as close to the games as he can get. Thus, when Saint and the Dragonslayers come to kill him, the killing ends up being mutual. Not all of the androids are destroyed, or even particularly damaged, and so without Greg to control them, they wander off, looking to their own agendas (those that have them).

One of them, a little girl in a red dress, ends up becoming Taylor's little sister/morality pet.

latest

Really, she just wants a hug.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you need to add greg and robots to that, either just add Alma Wade in directly somehow or the Parahuman equivalent.

I'm not sure why you need to add greg and robots to that, either just add Alma Wade in directly somehow or the Parahuman equivalent.
Mostly because there are other robots out there, and Alma knows them. Some might go to Uber and Leet for help, some won't.

Having Alma Wade be one of the first parahumans to trigger, and be studied by her father's company before eventually tracking down one of the ovae they took from her, which was used to make Taylor, is a different idea.

Taylor's little sister/morality pet
Sure, I'd read it. Couple of things though

1. Alma is the way she is because she was experimented on so heavily and brutally. Assumably Greg wouldn't be so horrible to her. Perhaps the Dragonslayers decided to run some tests on her? depending on if Alma was/was not tortured by her father/creator she will have very different feelings towards her siblings.(in the game she kills her sister)
  2. an android being able to attack using psychic powers is a little weird.
  3. are you going to include Fettel? Would he be another android?
  4. Replica Forces? The other androids?

1. Alma is the way she is because she was experimented on so heavily and brutally. Assumably Greg wouldn't be so horrible to her. Perhaps the Dragonslayers decided to run some tests on her? depending on if Alma was/was not tortured by her father/creator she will have very different feelings towards her siblings.(in the game she kills her sister)
She started out with game-Alma's personality, just with a need to obey Greg. Her personality drifted.

2. an android being able to attack using psychic powers is a little weird.
Basically, all the androids have the nearest equivalent Greg could manage to their characters' powers.

3. are you going to include Fettel? Would he be another android?
4. Replica Forces? The other androids?
I'm not the one who'll be writing it. I'm posting it in the hopes that it will inspire someone, and my answers are my opinion. The writer, if any, might go in another direction.

That said, maybe Greg made a Paxton Fettel-bot, or a Point Man-bot, or Replica minions, maybe he didn't. F.E.A.R. is not the only game I think he might have made androids for, it's just the one I imagined Taylor getting a sister from.

EDIT: It's easy for me to come up with plot-points, very hard for me to convert them into a readable story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back