1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

SHINOBI: The RPG - New Game

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Fulcon, Jun 17, 2020.

1. prussian-granadier

prussian-granadier Versed in the lewd.

I honestly think you should look into the anime filler for ideas, like Fuen , who in my opinion is top waifu material even being a filler character

she is the one who used super long jutsu

its honestly right up Daisuke's alley, the twelve guardian ninja, the movies, ETC.

Anthony1967 and Fulcon like this.
  2. Fulcon

Fulcon Not working on it anymore. Sorry.

I'll think about it. Might replace a few ideas I had.

Her being voiced by Vic Mignogna in the English dub confuses me.

Daisuke isn't turned on by Jutsu.

He's turned on by a good punch.

3. Garganator

Garganator Experienced.

I guess you will also use it to explain strange... technological oddities in Naruto, as shinobi most likely picked what they found in some ruins or something, and adapted it to their own use.

Because oh boy, their technology is one of the things that really make no sense otherwise :p.

Honestly, I thought it was so much fun.

Yep, she does the first one for sure. And yes, it is distracting, so it really works.

It would help, but I think it's connected to mentioned earlier 'he is in fact a pretty nice guy to talk with, and actually cares about my opinion, and not just my body'.

Also, there isn't any really big event that would let someone learn about someone of such low rank of lower, like Uchiha Massacre that made everyone learn about Uchiha Sasuke. So in theory, if something is big and/or popular enough, everyone may learn about it anyway.

Although I suspect in a village where everything is about shinobi pretty much, some gossip between civilians about new promising people may be happening.

About lower ranks - honestly... I doubt it. For example Team 7, and sometimes other teams show how... strangely missing knowledge which I would expect them to have after the academy. But many people chuunin+ should hear of him at least in some way. Young prodigies easily get good reputations in shinobi worlds.

Like Team 7 never heard of Orochimaru, when he confronted them. One of the biggest Konoha traitors. Or how they never heard about one of the most famous Konoha shinobi in the person of Kakashi. Sasuke not knowing about the only other Sharingan user in Konoha is off.

I know why Kishimoto did it, which was pretty much to show new readers some new, very plot-relevant information, and make new showing characters more mysterious, but it does feel off. And blaming it on shockingly lacking academy teachings may be the reason.

Well, they are still fillers.

To be fair some of them aren't completely horrible, and some character designs I find as good, if not even better at times than some canon ones.

Personally, I'm a fan of Guren. Interesting character design, backstory explaining her background pretty enjoyable, and at the end she felt like an antagonist with some sad backstory, with someone who felt really sad (Yukimaru) when she pretty much died.

Also massive props for being able to keep with Shippuden Kakashi of all people. Also very strong bloodline.

Also, it would open a whole can of worms called Orochimaru, if she would end up being involved, which sounds like an interesting plot hook, with Anko involved.

Honestly, this is one of those fillers that Anko not being involved in feels like a damn waste.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  4. paloswag

paloswag Know what you're doing yet?

Personally, an Anko and Daisuke pairing is possible and not at all unrealistic to me. Anko has a lot of baggage and Daisuke acts, and technically is, older than he looks. Its like one of those stories you see on the news where the attractive teacher gets caught sleeping with her student. Except I don't think its illegal in Konoha.

If the author commits to this route, I fully expect to see at least some self-acknowledgement from Anko about how predatory the relationship might appear. People are going to judge.

Usernames and Fulcon like this.
  5. Galacticplumber

Galacticplumber Not too sore, are you?

If we're going to get into character work, I just remembered Fulcon mentioning trouble with the green twins. Perhaps adding some detail would make them easier.

During childhood Kakashi reacted to his father's suicide by becoming a rules-obsessed edgy loner. Gai responded to this by increasing his enthusiastic energy, especially around Kakashi. Then Kakashi's sensei died, which sent Kakashi into Anbu for most of his career. Gai tried to follow, but wasn't allowed for lacking the right mindset. He responded increasing his enthusiastic energy again.

That's right. Gai's entire existence is half loyalty, and half raw, bloody-minded, stubborn defiance. He will lift you from your darker emotions even if he has to do the emotional equivalent of dragging you out of them kicking, and screaming. He is neither quaint nor oblivious.

While it is true that Lee shares many of his character traits with Gai, his personal stubborn streak is completely natural as Lee was doing absurd training in a desperate bid to overcome his deficiency with the only field that wasn't medically impossible for him. This does mean that his second defining trait aside from stubbornness is a terrifying insecurity fueled desperation. This is why he simply refused to stay down against Gaara even as his body became meat paste. It is also why he clings to his only source of authoritative self-worth with fervor bordering the deeply religious.

If you want something more complex than hard work cinnamon rolls, THESE are the evidenced traits of canon that flesh out the archetype.

Fulcon likes this.
  6. Fulcon

I've just been assuming that Naruto's been post-apocalyptic since ever.

So...yes. I am using that to explain Naruto's tech oddities.

It does work.

But does that cheapen the value of an invite to look?

Self-restraint is a virtue that she greatly appreciates.

She looks like Anko's older sister to me. Probably why she wasn't involved.

Or Kishimoto forgot about her.

One of the two.

More or less how I've seen it. Not something you'd permit in real life, obviously, but in antiquity, rules were looser.

As previously stated in the thread, people used to get married at 12-13 all the time. Gandhi is my go-to example. I don't believe it would raise that many eyebrows in this specific context. In modern day, that's another matter.

This helps out a lot, actually. Thank you, have a cookie. :D

Ryden1 likes this.
  7. The Unaligned Player

The Unaligned Player Agony that desires to meet Extinction

Are one’s hands unable to hold a loved one tenderly after killing someone?

Fulcon likes this.
  8. Fulcon

Good point.

Sorry, little anxiety getting the best of me there.

9. Ageless Charade

Ageless Charade Making the rounds.

You know, I was re-reading the discussion from the hiatus to help decide whether or not I'd start watching for updates again (probably not, unfortunately, as I'm just not terribly interested in the plot), and felt like adding my own opinion.

Now, this might have been said in the last few pages (I haven't read them), but on the topic of a mature mind in an immature body having issues with same-age attraction and relationships there is a very simple solution: Instead of freaking the fuck out so wildly that you force a similar problem on an older partner just to make yourself comfortable, have your existential crisis at a reasonable level and then wait until you're older. At that point, everyone would be mature enough that it shouldn't be an issue, and you don't make things worse by deciding you need to get your dick wet right this instant even though you might not even be old enough to actually feel such an urge yet. And if you feel like you need the rapport of a similarly mentally mature individual for peace of mind, there's this thing called friendship that's just as good as a romantic/sexual relationship, you ridiculous goobers (and yes, this last comment was purposely snarky).

Like. I get that freaking out about the implication of being a pedo is normal and totally understandable, but every time I see this come up it practically always ends up a death spiral of negativity and freak outs, even though it has a solution so stupidly simple it literally shouldn't be as enormous a problem as it is. So you're a kid again, and you like this other kid because they're cute, and funny, and they make you feel warm and happy inside, but because you have the memories of an adult you know you're too young. But, again, because you have the memories of an adult, you should also be able to intuit the fact that you can literally just wait and use the extra years to get even closer and learn all about them, forging an unbreakable bond.

Sorry for the rant, but I get real passionate about fiction and the relationships therein, considering it's kind of the only way I've found to be able to feel those things myself.

bluepencil, Ryden1 and Hivemind42 like this.
  10. Galacticplumber

Thing is, in this universe younglings being in a relationship isn't an existential crisis. Anko is not, in fact, freaking the fuck out. Their relationship is an outlier, but not culturally unacceptable.

Were EITHER of those not the case, this would probably be very different.

Venyr4434 and Fulcon like this.
  11. Fulcon

Then why should I care about your opinion?

And unnecessary.

The 'pedo crap' from previous draft really didn't make as much sense as I thought it did and has mostly been cut.

Start improving yourself until the kind people you're interested in start seeking you out.

12. Fulcon

Progress Report: Next chapter is going to take a bit - a snowstorm knocked power out for all of yesterday and half of today, so I couldn't get to my computer. Thank you all for your patience. :)

Flutters Is Shy and Danga like this.
  13. Galacticplumber

It's cool. In any sort of nasty weather or other catastrophe, news of your continued good health is worth more than a slightly faster chapter. I have many sources of entertainment, and can wait patiently as long as needed.

I'm even trying to fit together a more fleshed out installment of food Omake/Open to making it canon where Daisuke uses his higher sealing knowledge to implement a cooking tech Konoha likely doesn't have all the tools for.

The weakness of the last one, as I see it, was that it read too much cooking manual, and not enough character. Needs reactions from house guests. Needs plausible advancement/through-line to make a series. Needs to bring in the obvious thematic content of food being the universal language that brings people together.

The chocolate milk experiment was a good example to iterate on.

Fulcon likes this.
  14. Danga

Danga Free bird

it's all good take your time

Fulcon likes this.
  15. copypastaanon

copypastaanon Ghiren did nothing wrong.

This is turning out much better than the last two. I won't sugarcoat it, once be became mister perfect, I sort of lost interest because there was no challenge, and no challenge meant no room for growth. So this is already much better.

Fulcon likes this.
  16. Fulcon

Not like it matters anyway, the previous two versions...disgusted me.

Progress Report: 1k words done. I intend to get the chapter out by Friday at the latest. Hopefully, this arc is going to be as awesome as I think it is.

Flutters Is Shy likes this.
  17. High Lord Rokland

High Lord Rokland Not too sore, are you?

Looking forword to it! just don't rush yourself.

Fulcon likes this.
  18. Threadmarks: Chapter 13: The Eyes Have It! - Rivalries
    Fulcon

The Following is a fan based work of fiction: Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden are owned by Shueisha, Viz Entertainment and Masashi Kishimoto. Please support the official release.

Fuinjutsu: 69 / 100.

It took me until 3:43 this morning to finish Anko’s book. Sadly, the book only increased my skill points by four, even though the notes she left in the margins should be enough for a skill book in of themselves.

Maybe if I read it again?

Nah, skill books don’t work that way.

I gingerly set the book on my nightstand, making sure that no part of it was damaged. Beyond the skill increases, it was exactly the information I needed to start theory crafting my stat-enhancing chakra therapies.

This book was perfect for what I needed and that...well, I can hardly believe my luck.

I made sure to place the Chakra Control manuals in a separate storage scroll. I was going to read them on the mission since, you know, I didn’t need sleep. Lots of benefits when your brain didn’t start shutting down from literature overload.

With that done, I was ready for my mission. I opened my front door and saw Anko standing there, hand raised in order to knock.

She and I looked at each other in surprise.

I smiled. “Hey, you’re up early.”

“Had to come see you off,” Anko said, a small smile gracing her face. “May I come in?”

“Sure,” I replied, stepping aside and gesturing inside. I thought about saying ‘mi casa su casa’ but she wouldn’t have got it. “Come on in.”

“Thanks,” Anko said, entering my abode. “I’ll be quick since you need to head out soon. I had a going away present for you.”

I stopped for just a second.

Charisma Check Success: 7 / 6.

She’s...not talking about something material, is she?

I turned to face her and her smile had turned a little...devious. “Close your eyes.”

Oh, I think I know what she’s doing so...I played along.

After my eyes shut, I felt a soft pair of lips press firmly against mine. For a moment, I held my breath, the blood rushing straight to my face as her fingers snaked through my hair to hold me closer. When she broke off, I’m sure I would’ve been mistaken for a tomato.

...that was amazing.

Anko’s half-lidded eyes looked into mine and her smile eased to one of contentment. “You stay safe and there’s more of that waiting for you when you come home.”

“Oh, I will be back,” I said, adopting a rakish grin as I looked back at those amazing lips.

She hummed in excitement, standing back up to full height...our height difference wasn’t that great, just a couple inches since I was very tall for my age compared to everyone else in the Elemental Nations.

“We should, ah,” Anko said, not moving from her spot in front of me, still looking into my eyes. “We should get going.”

“We should,” I agreed. Her eyes were like a pair of polished lavender stones. Like some in Konoha, they didn’t have pupils and for some, that might be unnerving but here? I could just look in them all day.

Anko’s face was starting to grow pink and her smile took on a bashful tone.

Chakra: 80 / 85.

I wrapped chakra strings around her back and pulled her to me, bending her head so her lips met mine again. She offered no resistance. In fact, she wrapped her arms around my back and used a pair of boa constrictors to complete her hold. Our lips pressed together, doing a tango of breathe and passion. My hands traveled from her wrists, up her arms and around her back as I finally was able to touch this vision of perfection that had been taunting me since the day we met. Her hands went to my legs, rubbing my inner and outer thighs in a near taunt in our passionate, iron-clad embrace.

My tongue rubbed against her teeth, demanding entry. Her mouth opened and her tongue raced to meet mine. The bitter yet sweet taste of her mouth drove me crazier, making my hands grip her shoulder and back tightly, respectively. A moan of pleasure escaped her mouth. She disconnected and I kissed her neck briefly before coming up for air myself.

She was breathing as heavily as I was, all smiles. “I haven’t done that in so long.”

“You could’ve fooled me,” I replied, arching an eyebrow in playful fascination.

She giggled and let out a contented sigh. Then her expression shifted to one of slight worry, making me wonder what on Earth could be wrong that she’s worried and how I could fix it. “Listen, uh...this is as far as I want to go. N-not because I don’t want to keep going, but-”

“Say no more,” I said, unwrapping my strings from around her back and moving them around to open the door. “I gotcha.”

“Thanks.” She let out a sigh of relief. “As long as we don’t, uh...go any further than that? We can do as much as you like.”

Perception Check Success: 7 / 7.

Charisma Check Success: 7 / 7.

The unspoken part of that is as long as I keep being as helpful and considerate as I have been. Because this is the first time in a very long while that she’s felt romanced enough for her physical needs to come out in force.

I smiled. “Certainly! Now if you’d do me a favor?”

Anko nodded and paid rapt attention.

“Keep being appreciative when I do things for you?” I asked with a smile of my own. “I live for that smile of yours. It makes it so easy to be helpful, you know?”

“Oh,” Anko replied, nodding and cupping her chin. “Yeah, I can do that. Absolutely. Remind me from time to time, okay?”

“Happily,” I said, pulling the door open with my strings. “After you?”

She gave a small laugh and pulled ahead of me...then fell into lockstep behind me as her professionalism took over and she became my bodyguard again.
    I was the first one at the meeting spot, which was odd, given how I was delayed. Well, I say first one, but the Carriage driver was here first, though he was napping, his chin resting on his chest. Fat man, overweight and snored very loudly. He wore a long coat like Anko’s but instead of transparent mesh, thankfully, he just wore a t-shirt and cargo pants.

Perception Check Failed: 7 / 10.

So what did I miss? His beard is a little greasy and gnarly? The straw hat on his head almost perfectly covers his bald spot? That aside from that spot he had a mullet going down past his shoulders? The bandages wrapped all on his arms and hooking over his thumbs like he had been mummified?

...no?

Alright, fine.

Why does he even get 10 Perception check anyway?

He was sitting in the drivers seat of the wagon which was pulled by a team of oxen. The wagon was filled to the brim with crates with no spare seats for any of us; we would definitely be walking for the trip. The oxen didn’t really smell, as far as I could tell, which I was surprised by. I don’t know, I just always thought large animals like that smelled badly. They were looking around like they were bored, but they were too well trained to start doing something like wander off.

Quest Updated: The Eyes Have It!

Completed: Rendezvous with the wagon driver.

Wait for the rest of your group.

“Daisuke-kun!” I looked up and saw Hisako running up to me. She was accompanied by Nichiren and they both were carrying a pair of large storage scrolls on the back of their belt.

“Hey, Hisako. Nichiren,” I said with a grin. “Now we just got to wait for Sensei and then Team 9…”

It was at that second that team 9 rounded the corner. Gai and Lee were talking animatedly. Tenten was rubbing one of her tired eyes and Neji looked as robotic as ever. Like me without my charisma boosts except he actually looks human.

Lucky...

“Hey you three!” Gai greeted with this gigantic smile on his face.

We returned his greeting with a formal bow. Team 9 similarly bowed to us and we started mingling.

“I guess we’re just waiting for Kakashi?” Gai asked, keeping his voice surprisingly low given the early hour.

We all nodded.

“Mitarashi-san,” Gai took notice of my bodyguard with a respectful bow. “Burning the midnight oil, aren’t we?”

“Well, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if anything happened to my charge,” Anko replied with a smile and bow of her own. “Besides, I couldn’t just let him head off without saying goodbye.”

And what a goodbye it was.

Perception Check Success: 7 / 5.

Hisako got really still, with an angry glare at the ground as her fingers clenched around her arms tight enough to turn white. In mid conversation with her, Tenten looked at her in confusion, then in enlightened sympathy.

She is trying really hard to not attack Anko, verbally and physically. This is the first time I’ve seen her this aggravated besides when I graduated early and she didn’t think she’d ever see me again and she’s been nursing this crush for a long time, hasn’t she?

Well shoot!

I...huh.

How to handle this?

Intelligence Check Success: 10 / 6.

Well, I mean, Anko kind of pointed out that I didn’t necessarily need to reject her yesterday. It’d be a really hard thing for all involved and I’d need to handle it delicately to make sure she wasn’t miserable but...huh.

Need to think about it.

“Kakashi-sensei,” Nichiren greeted our eternally late instructor. Everyone bowed as normal.

“Hey everyone,” Kakashi replied with an eye smile. “Sorry I’m late, my alarm clock’s battery came loose and I overslept.”

Hisako groaned.

“Well, now that everyone is here, I feel like I can let you go,” Anko said, looking at me with a smile. She gave me a hug I eagerly returned. “Stay safe, okay?”

“Always,” I replied.

After we separated, she started walking off, but it was weird. It was almost like she was dancing. Walking a one woman waltz, her hips gently swayed to imaginary music. I mean, I hoped she enjoyed our time together, but I didn’t think she liked it that much.

Then again, if what she said about not kissing in ‘many years’ was literal, perhaps any kind of affection was going to put her on cloud nine.

“So,” Kakashi-sensei pulled me from my thoughts. “Are we all ready to go?”

“Yosh!” Gai replied with a grin and thumbs up. “We just got to wake up the carriage driver and our C-rank can begin!”

Completed: Wait for the rest of your group.

Escort the wagon on it’s route to the border. (0 / 4).

What do you know, Gai was standing right next to the driver, so he just reached up and tapped the guy on the thigh. He woke up with a start, scratching his side and yawning. “Oh...s-sorry about that. I had a late last night. You’re all…here.”

The driver looked over all of us in surprise. “That’s weird. I thought we only paid for one team?”

“Konoha’s providing an extra one free of charge,” Kakashi explained easily. “There’s a shipment of weapons in your cart and there’s been an increase in bandit attacks on the road to grass.”

“Oh, really?” The driver asked, clearing his throat with a cough. “Well, alright. I feel safer already! We all ready to move?”

The large group gave their assent and he snapped the reins, starting the team on a slow trod forward.
    * * *​

The trip was slow, but it was a peaceful slow. Kakashi and Gai brought up the rear on either side of the wagon. In the front, Lee and I both walked next to the drivers seat. Behind me, I could feel Neji’s eyes burning holes in the back of my skull and behind him, Nichiren was reading a book, that he’d occasionally look up from the scan his surroundings.

On Lee’s side, Tenten and Hisako were talking.

“But there’s more poem types than Haiku,” Hisako said, having just finished up a rousing lecture on Haiku and how it grew from simply describing the seasons and the changing thereof. Or something. On another occasion, I’m sure it would be interesting, but I really just wanted to take in the sights of the trail since this was the first time I’ve ever left the village since my birth. “Concrete poems, for instance. Designed to take a shape on a page, like a lantern or a kunai.”

Tenten hummed in pure fascination. Then she gasped. “It’s a blue bird!”

“Oh it’s so pretty!” Hisako snapped from her focus of her subject of choice to mutually admire the bird as it flew through the trees and over the road ahead.

“Anyway, your family owns a weapon shop?” Hisako asked with clear interest. “That’s where I got my kunai. I never throw these things, though, so I’m thinking of changing them out for something for suited for melee though.”

“You might consider a set of trench knives,” Tenten started. “Kunai are great mostly because of how disposable they are. They work but they chip kind of easily and are usually made with cheap steel just because they’re meant to be carried into battle by the dozen.”

“Wait, really?” Hisako asked. “I haven’t noticed any chipping in mine.”

“That means you take good care of yours,” Tenten replied, sounding impressed. “But it’ll happen sooner or later. Trench knives are made with a higher quality of steel, which means they’re harder to damage and easier to take care of.”

They continued along that conversation thread as effortlessly as they pursued the first conversation about poetry and demonstrated a yet unseen skill to talk about anything. And everything!

Maybe it’s just my patience wearing thin, but I was hoping to see the sights and commune with nature or something since this was the first time I’ve ever set foot outside of the village since I reincarnated.

“Anyway, I’ve been considering improving my marksmanship,” Hisako started a new thread. “Sensei taught us all a lightning jutsu, but I’d rather have something steel, you know?”

“How’s that lightning jutsu coming, Hisako-chan?” Kakashi-sensei asked from the back.

I could tell Hisako jumped. “Uh...It’s coming! I guess.”

“You still can’t do it?” Kakashi surmised flatly.

“I still can’t do it,” Hisako admitted in shame.

“We’ll have to see to training it when we get back to the village,” Kakashi said with what I assumed was an eye smile.

“Must be a really tough jutsu, huh?” Tenten asked, her voice lower.

“No, I’m just not that good at Ninjutsu,” Hisako replied flatly. “Working on it, though.”

Our trip continued much like that. Honestly, I was surprised by how quiet Lee and Gai were, but then that was just a testament to their discipline and how little credit I gave them on first impression.

Everyone made sure to drink a gulp of water every five minutes. Well, everyone except me. I kind of just forgot since thirst was a thing of the past and so was hunger. Catching Gai eyeing me oddly was what reminded me to take a swig just to placate him.

When the sun hung at high noon, the carriage was pulled off to a grassy knoll carved into the hillside and stopped.

“Why are we stopping?” Kakashi asked.

“Lunch time,” The driver replied, whose name I still didn’t have. I mean, it was in the mission briefing but I haven’t read the briefing because Sensei had it. Details like that got glossed over when it turned out my mission had a name. “I’m gonna go take a leak. And a smoke. Away from all the feminine conversation.”

Hisako and Tenten looked really irritated, because that meant they couldn’t hold a simple conversation without annoying anyone. They were also embarrassed, because they hadn’t meant to annoy anyone, they were just holding a conversation.

A really long one.

“I advise against wandering off into the woods,” Kakashi said. “Bandits are really bad this time of year.”

“I’m not going far,” The driver said without even trying to care. “If I’m not back in an hour, you can say you told me so in the Pure World.”

I found myself liking the man in spite of myself. But why is he so lackadaisical?

Kakashi sighed. “Fine.”

He disappeared behind a tree and Kakashi started walking forward. “I’m going to tail him. Gai, if you’d keep watch for me?”

“You got it, Kakashi!” Gai beamed.

Kakashi bolted off faster than I could see and Gai turned to us. “Alright! I noticed that everyone kept a watchful eye out for anyone trying to sneak up on our wagon here, even Hisako-chan and Tenten-chan, who kept careful eye even while they were talking!”

Tenten scratched the back of her head with an embarrassed smile. “Thanks, Sensei.”

“Now, lunch time!” Gai said, pumping his fist. “It is essential that we get all the proper nutrients in our bodies to fuel our youthful fires so we can see this mission through so eat!”

“Yosh!” Lee shouted enthusiastically. “After lunch, can we do some training, Gai-sensei?”

“Lee, the fires of your youth burn so brightly, it brings tears to this grown man,” Gai replied, actually crying. But no! Lee, we are on a mission, which means we cannot exhaust ourselves improving ourselves. Trying to do two things at once will leave us unable to accomplish either.”

Lee was heartbroken. But he nodded. “Yes, Gai-sensei! I swear I’ll put my utmost effort into completing this mission to perfection!”

“Then you must eat! Your! Lunch!” Gai instructed so sincerely, it sounded like he was still giving a motivational speech.

I will not laugh.

I will not laugh.

I will...not…

Endurance Check Success: 5 / 4.

Okay, the urge to laugh is gone. Whew!

I sat down and pulled some sushi rolls out of a storage scroll. After inhaling the rice-rolls, I stretched. Honestly, now would be a good time to use the wait command to get back to the mission asap for me. Hisako and Nichiren were chatting up Team 9, so it should be…

…fine?

You cannot wait while enemies are nearby.

I’m sorry?

I narrowed my eyes in spite of myself. I looked around, at the tree line, at the hill behind us. Down where the carriage driver and Kakashi had walked down.

You cannot wait while enemies are nearby.

Well, that’s not good.

I stood up and leaned against the wagon. The sound of the oxen kicking at the grass to my right seemed really loud for some reason, even as the conversations of my fellow Genin seemed to get tuned out.

I need to tell everyone we’ve got company. Obviously.

Intelligence Check Success: 10 / 10.

But the issue is that these enemies might not even be attacking us. They could just be hostile wild-life that doesn’t know we exist. No lakes around so it’s not like we’re dealing with Tamriel’s Slaughter Fish. The last thing I need is to get everyone riled up over nothing because of a random text prompt that didn’t even update my quest. Especially since Neji’s been making periodic sweeps with his Byakugan.

So the solution is to keep watch.

“Uh...Daisuke-kun?” Hisako asked, sounding concerned. “Is something wrong?”

“Just keeping watch,” I said, trying to smile. “Something’s bound to happen sooner or later, right?”

Speech Check Success: 36 / 25.

“Well, if you’re sure,” Hisako said. “Just let us know if something goes wrong, alright?”

“You got it, Hisako-chan,” I replied with a more genuine smile, thankful that even though she noticed that I didn’t deny that something was wrong, she didn’t press me on it.

I tried waiting two more times while the other Genin finished up their lunch and started socializing. Both times, I was denied due to the presence of enemies. But Neji would’ve seen something, wouldn’t he have? Especially with the sweep he did just now?

Really, confused here.

Which makes me nervous.

Which is making my team nervous.

Which is making Team 9 nervous.

“Shimoda-kun, is everything okay?” Gai asked warmly. “You seem nervous.”

“It’s probably nothing,” I said, not taking my eyes off of the treeline. “Especially since Hyuuga’s been diligent with his sweeps.”

Almost on cue, Neji did another sweep.

“Are you sure?” Gai asked.

“Positive,” I replied.

“I do not see anything, Sensei,” Neji added. “Only Kakashi-sensei and the Driver.”

Wait.

The driver.

He’s the only one of us that isn’t above suspicion, isn’t he? But even then, why would he be setting off my enemy alarms? He isn’t hostile, is he? That’s typically how this thing goes in Bethesda Fallout’s; you can’t sleep when hostile, murderous NPC’s are next to you because obviously. But Brutus wouldn’t have stopped Julius Caesar from taking a nap until it was time for the assassination.

So maybe it’s not him.

But then what’s going on here?

Does Neji want to kill me for making a fool of him during the training exercise?

Wait, that almost makes sense.

Intelligence Check Success: 10 / 2.

Except no it doesn’t, that’s dumb.

Then...the Driver? Is he just biding his time? I mean, if there’s anything that the armed insurrection taught me is that Konoha’s got enough holes in it’s security that they could easily let some kind of infiltrator in and coming as a client would be the perfect cover.

But would that stop me from passing the time with a wait command?

I don’t feel like it should.

So now I’m back to square one.

“Good work, Neji-kun!” Gai said with a shining smile.

“Though I think it’d be a good idea if we all talked when we get to our first checkpoint,” I let him know. “You know, while Kakashi-sensei is here and I don’t have to repeat myself.”

“Gotcha,” Gai nodded firmly. “Say no more, I understand completely.”

“Thanks, Gai-sensei,” I replied.

Eventually, Kakashi returned and Gai...hurriedly passed him a note I didn’t even see him write and they exchanged nods. A moment later, the driver pulled himself out from the trees, smelling of smoke and tobacco. “Alright, that’s my business all taken care of. You all ready to go?”

There were nods of assent and we continued on.

Escort the wagon on it’s route to the border. (1 / 4).
    We finally came to our first stop near sundown, a small town with high walls. There was a three-story motel that we checked into as a unit once we had overseen the wagon’s internment in a warehouse owned by Soma Shipping.

One of the interesting things was that I noticed one of the crates was marked along the bottom by a seal, which Kakashi explained to me as being a security seal; that was the crate that contained the weapon shipment and those seals would prevent the crate from being moved by anyone aside from authorized personnel and I really wanted to get a closer look at that seal to see what I could learn from it.

We were all crowded into an apartment room and everyone was looking at me expectantly.

“So, we all know about my premonition,” I began, not entirely sure how to talk about this without sounding crazy. But then, I’ve got some credentials from Nevermore, so maybe I can be a bit straighter. “There are other times when I get them.”

“Like when?” Nichiren asked.

“Like when I try to go to sleep,” I answered flatly. “Or when I try to zone out to pass the time, or ‘waiting’ as I call it. There’s few things that stop me from doing either of those things. One of those being the presence of enemies.”

Neji’s eyes narrowed. “But I didn’t see anything on our journey here.”

“I know, and that’s why I was confused.” I took a deep breath. “...you don’t want to kill me, do you?”

Neji arched an eyebrow. “No, Shimoda. I do not.”

Charisma Check Success: 7 / 2.

“Yeah, I didn’t think so,” I replied with a nod. “Sorry, I thought that idea was dumb, but I had to ask. So that leaves us with the carriage driver, but then I’m still confused.”

“Why are you confused?” Kakashi asked, his eye narrowed.

“Because he’s not outwardly hostile,” I explained. “That’s the weird part. Unless he’s actively acting on a desire to harm me or is otherwise actively antagonizing me, it shouldn’t stop me from taking a nap. That’s why I didn’t want to bother anyone with this, because I didn’t understand the situation.”

Everyone was quiet for a minute as they processed this information.

“...how, exactly, do you know that?” Kakashi asked, looking confused.

Charisma Check Success: 7 / 3.

I blinked. “Uh...last time this became a problem was the Kyuubi attack.”

Kakashi gave a nod. “Understood. If we’re act on the assumption that Arai is an enemy, we’ll need to do some quick investigation. Gai, how suited are your team for stealth operations?”

Wait, Arai? Arai’s the driver. Okay, glad the one person who actually read the mission brief could give us this minor detail.

“They’re quick and quiet,” Gai affirmed with a nod. “We can find and tail Arai. Yours?”

Sneak Check Failed: 17 / 25.

Wait, since when would a Sneak check happen now? I’m not sneaking!

“Daisuke has lead feet,” Kakashi replied pointedly, offending me greatly. “Stealth is his worst skill. He’ll be staying here.”

Hey, I strenuously object to that accusation!

Melee Weapons is my worst skill, not Sneak. By Two! Whole! Points!

“Ah! Then in the spirit of camaraderie, Lee shall stay here with him!” Gai said.

Lee saluted. “I won’t let you down, Gai-Sensei! I shall keep Shimoda company!”

“...you guys can just call me Daisuke,” I said, trying not to sound exasperated.

“Yosh!” Lee gave me a thumbs up and a smile that didn’t quite sparkle the way his Sensei’s did.

Everyone turned to get started on their tasks, but then quickly turned to me.

I arched my eyebrow. “No, there was no update to the Mission.”

“Just checking,” Kakashi said.
    So while the rest of my team went to go have fun and perform the mission to the best of their considerable abilities, Lee and I were left in the apartment. He had brought a deck of cards, so we were playing go fish.

“Do you have any twos?” Lee asked, six cards in his hand.

Quietly, I handed him my single two.

“Yosh!” Lee grinned, placing the completed set down on the ground in front of us.

“If you don’t mind me asking Lee,” I started. “Why did you become a mini-Gai?”

“Gai-sensei has become an inspiration to me in the short while that I’ve been a Ninja,” Lee answered, his eyes sparkling happily. “He has encouraged me and believed in me when no one else did. He has called me a genius of hard work and I am proud to be his student!”

“Sounds like you admire him a great deal,” I said with a smile.

“He is the best sensei ever and I will always strive to be worthy of the faith he has placed in me,” Lee said with an enthusiastic grin. “I will defeat all obstacles and become a splendid Ninja!”

“Well, I mean, you’re already splendid,” I pointed out. And he was! A little extreme and enthusiastic, but you can’t argue with the guys heart.

“Thank you, Daisuke,” Lee replied, looking positively ecstatic. “That means a lot, coming from a Shinobi such as yourself.”

“I’m nothing special,” I said with a shrug. “Just overly specialized.”

“How can you say that?” Lee asked, aghast. “You closed one of Neji’s tenketsu without the Byakugan! Something I didn’t even think was possible!”

“As a result of my overspecialization on Taijutsu,” I pointed out. “But beating him isn’t that hard. I imagine you’ve done it several times.”

He blinked and looked somewhat ashamed. “No, I must confess that I’ve never beat him.”

“Really?” I asked, confused.

Oh, right. That was a thing in the anime. I don’t understand how it’s possible for Lee to have never beaten Neji but...that’s true.

“Yes, it’s true,” Lee said, acting like I had just brought up something he regret severely. “I have never beaten Neji. But one day, through training and hard work, I will surpass him in Taijutsu and then I will truly have earned the title of splendid ninja.”

I frowned. “Okay, but there’s just one thing wrong with that.”

“Daisuke, please do not tell me that it is hopeless...”

“I wasn’t going to say that.”

“...or that hard work simply cannot match talent...”

“I wasn’t going to say that either.”

“...because I will not accept anything but the constant drive to improve!”

“Admirable. You’ll go very far with an attitude like that. But seriously…”

Lee sighed. “Very well. Say what you were going to say.”

“You’re already better than Neji.”

He braced himself like he was preparing an insult. But my words shook him and he looked at me like I had grown a second head. “Excuse me? I’m sorry, I don’t think I heard you properly.”

“You heard what I said,” I flatly reprimanded. “You’re already better than Neji. Even with those training weights of yours. I watched you fight and I watched him. You’re faster, stronger and more tactically efficient with your moves than he is.”

“I’m sorry, Daisuke. While I appreciate the kind words,” Lee started, smiling but looking hurt all the same. “I cannot condone flattery, especially when it is so clearly untrue. If I were better than him, I would’ve beaten him before now.”

“Well, I wasn’t done,” I cut in, annoyed at being interrupted again. “If you haven’t beat Neji, then it’s because you keep screwing up somehow. Likely a small mistake that’s easily corrected. You mainly focused on the Strong Style, right?”

“That’s right,” Lee said, looking unsure of my words.

I stood up. “Come on, get into your stance.”

“Gai-Sensei has instructed that we not train on a mission,” Lee protested with a frown.

“We’re not actually sparring,” I said, sighing in irritation. “I refuse to spar with you while you’ve got those weights on. No, I’m just checking something. Come on, get into your stance.”

Reluctantly, he obliged me, settling into a loose horse stance.

“Excellent. Now, pretend I’m Neji and do what you’d normally do when we’re sparring,” I said, settling into a mimicry of Neji’s Gentle Fist stance.

Taijutsu Check Success: 80 / 75.

Lee’s eyes widened slightly and I could see the muscles beneath his spandex tighten with anticipation. Or dread. I threw a strike forward and he blocked it with his forearm.

“Found the problem,” I said, relaxing my stance. I sat right back down.

Lee blinked in disbelief. “Wha – just like that?”

“Just like that,” I confirmed, nodding. “Sit down.”

“So what’s the problem?” Lee asked, almost sounding anticipatory.

“You can’t block the Gentle Fist,” I replied. “Neji doesn’t rely on strong hits or breaking bones or whatever, he only needs to touch you. When you block and parry, all you’re doing is giving him what he wants; physical contact with the tenketsu in your arms. If you want to defend against the Gentle Fist, there is only one sure way to do it.”

Lee’s eyes got wide. “To dodge.”

“Precisely,” I said. “Dodge and counter attack. That’s how you win.”

Imagine for a moment that Lee was a video game boss with a pulsating, glowing weak point. A great, green beast with an exposed heart, if you will. Neji would be the MC of this hypothetical game. Lee blocked Neji’s attacks would be the equivalent of fighting this video game main character without once ever covering his exposed heart.

A bad idea.

Lee was quiet. His hands were shaking slightly and his breathing got deeper. “That’s how you won. You used dodging to prolong the fight until you could reverse engineer the Gentle Fist. You did the one thing I didn’t know how to do. Neji...the key to defeating him was in front of me the entire time.”

“The smallest thing can bring a giant to their knees,” I said with a smirk. “Glad I could help. But don’t think you’ll just beat him automatically, he is good. You’d need to train dodging.”

“How do you recommend I train dodging?” Lee asked, his eyes on fire.

“Well, there’s more Taijutsu Styles than just Strong Fist,” I replied with a shrug. “For dodging? There’s the Serpent Style, the Bamboo Reed Style...and the Drunken Fist.”

That last one seems extremely appropriate, now that I think about it.

“Right,” Lee sounded like his mind had been blown. “What about your style?”

“I don’t really...have a style,” I said, shrugged. “At least, not one that I can certainly call a style. I haven’t set any kata or written any books on it. But if you wanted to fight like me, you’d need to master Tree Walking and have a good grasp of Water Walking.”

Lee looked downcast for just a moment. “Okay. I will talk to Gai-sensei about other styles of Taijutsu. I confess, I hadn’t thought of the possibility of training other Taijutsu styles, I just wanted to focus on mastering the Strong Fist.”

“The Strong Fist can take a lifetime to master, so that doesn’t surprise me,” I said without hyperbole or exaggeration. There was a lot of material in the Strong Fist, even with its weaknesses. “Actually, if you’re willing to memorize the human body and the position of the tenketsu, you could learn Gentle Fist. Turn the tables on Neji.”

Lee laughed, and got a thoughtful expression on his face. “Neji has said that no two person’s tenketsu network is the same, so all that would do is give me a general idea of where they are are.”

“True enough, but a general idea is all I needed to close his tenketsu,” I pointed out. “Besides, there’s more to Gentle Fist than just shutting down a chakra system. Just like how there’s more to the Strong Fist than breaking bones into splinters. If nothing else, it’ll help you devise defenses against him.”

Lee blinked. “You’re right...you’re right! That is true! There is more to the Gentle Fist than shutting down an opponent. I hadn’t thought of that!”

“I mean, if you’re going to master Taijutsu, you might as well master all of the Taijutsu, am I right?” I asked with a smirk.

Lee nodded. Then, his expression shifted from one of enthusiasm to one of solemnity. “I believe I have made a mistake.”

I frowned. “How so?”

“When I was first placed on Gai’s team, I had named Neji my rival,” Lee intoned, the fire in his eyes having returned. “But this rivalry was one sided. He did not regard me as an opponent or a friend. But I see this is because he is not my rival. Shimoda Daisuke, I officially name you as my rival!”

Oh no.

“So we must challenge each other to see who is the best,” Lee demanded, pointing at the ceiling. “So, my eternal rival, you gain the first challenge!”

I hate to do this, but I’d like to come back to Earth now.

“Alright,” I said, sitting up straight. Lee looked at me with full anticipation. “I challenge you to finish this game of Go Fish with me.”

“What?” Lee looked thunderstruck. “Come on, seriously!”

“A Shinobi should never commit to something he doesn’t intend to finish,” I replied with a wry smile.

Speech Check Success: 36 / 15.

“Oh, alright,” Lee huffed. “Not like we can do a real challenge on a mission like this.”

“Precisely. Got any fours?”

He looked at his cards with a new seriousness. A seriousness that bespoke decisions that would decide the course of war. Uproot armies. Annihilate civilizations. Then, slowly, he looked up at me. “Go fish.”

Aw…
    Right as Lee won our game, the door opened and everyone that was gone filed in. We stood and bowed to greet them.

“Gai-sensei,” Lee said.

“Kakashi-sensei,” I said. “How’d it go?”

“The driver did nothing suspicious the entire night,” Gai reported enthusiastically. “He went to a bar, drank two bowls of sake, then returned here to sleep off the alcohol.”

“It was so boring,” Tenten complained. “How was the warehouse?”

“Same,” Hisako replied, scrunching up her nose in distaste. “We couldn’t find anything in the warehouse records of anything amiss and this Arai guy has worked for them for years. Literally hours of stress for nothing.”

“Well, when you put it like that, I’m glad I didn’t have to go,” I said with a grin.

Hisako gave me a dark look. “And what did you two do all night, play War?”

“Go Fish.”

Hisako rubbed her eyes in frustration.

“Uh, not to put too fine a point on it, but we’ve got an early day tomorrow,” Nichiren pointed out. “So if we’re done, could we head to bed?”

“I have to agree with Nichiren,” Neji interjected. “We need rest.”

Well, you need rest. I’m bored.

Kakashi nodded. “Alright, everyone, to bed.”
    I wound up sharing a room with Nichiren. A little unfortunate because I wanted to stay up and read and keeping the lights on would keep him up. But nothing was going to stop me from reading my books, so I head to the bathroom our room had, shut the door and turned on the light.

Chakra Control: 96 / 100.

Chakra Control: 100 / 100.

That conversation with Lee was illuminating to me, too. Mostly because I realized something.

The Gentle Fist used chakra in it’s fighting style.

Such an obvious statement. Like hur dur, they use chakra when they fight. But it’s really profound because the Gentle Fist style of injecting chakra has very little difference with Tsunade’s Megaton Punch.

This means that, for as long as I’ve been a Shinobi, I’ve been fighting below my capabilities. Sure, my Ninjutsu skill is a barely acceptable 29. But my Taijutsu skill is 80 and there’s a whole crap ton of stuff you can do with just Chakra Shaping.

Like...take the Rasengan.

Chakra Control Check Success: 100 / 80.

Chakra: 20 / 85.

This glowing ball of grinding death that I’m holding in my hand? It’s just chakra shaping. And honestly, I’m kind of underwhelmed. Not because it isn’t an impressive achievement by the Fourth, because it is, but because it wasn’t created for someone like me.

The Fourth Hokage’s innate Chakra Nature was Wind. I’m Lightning. I’d want is something like the Chidori, but Kakashi-sensei hasn’t taught me that yet. Not that I’ve asked. Not that I’d be able to use it, with my Ninjutsu score being 29.

It’s kind of a shame because the Chidori is more than a hand-held lightning spear. It basically straps a rocket to your back and yells Yahoo!, making you move so fast your vision blurs. But if I recall correctly, Kakashi-sensei created the Chidori for the same reason the Rasengan doesn’t work for me; he’s a Lightning user.

But I’ve got ingenuity, I’ve got lightning, and I’ve got time.

So, Bootleg Chidori!

Chakra: 75 / 85.

Much like the Rasengan, I started by created a chakra loop. The difference is that this loop hovers above my clenched fist and instead of adding more loops, I simply tightened this loop until I came as close to an actual point as I could.

Then I added the lightning chakra.

The sudden noise of the electrical sparks made me stop because I didn’t want to wake up Nichiren. Or anyone else on the floor.

Chakra: 85 / 85.

I quietly hummed in thought.

What about, instead of trying to create a bootleg Chidori, especially when I can just ask for the real thing, I just take the techniques I already know and just add Lightning Chakra to them.

Way less complicated than trying to recreate other jutsu.

...I’m just going to sleep now.

With that, I shut off the light and headed to bed.

As I got beneath the covers, I had one last thought before I forced myself to go to sleep.

I wonder what the Megaton Punch looks like when it’s been juiced up with lightning?
    * * *​

Chakra Control: 100 / 100.
    Author’s Note: I think Daisuke’s about to accidentally crack Lightning Release Chakra Mode. Not even kidding. From it’s description, it’s literally just wrapping your body up in Lightning Chakra and honestly, I’m here for it. Can’t find any hand-seals for it, so it doesn’t trigger a Ninjutsu check even though it is a Ninjutsu and ‘you do not know that jutsu’ doesn’t apply because he isn’t trying for a specific jutsu, he’s just experimenting.

Still, we’d have to see where it goes.

I hope I did Lee and Daisuke’s conversation justice. I just always thought that, even though he was always trying to get stronger through push ups and sit ups, he could’ve also been exercising his mind through deliberately trying to learn other styles of Tai Jutsu. As Daisuke points out ‘why not master all of the Taijutsu’. I mean, he’s got the dedication for it.

Last but certainly not least, Daisuke and Anko. Aside from voicing my awareness that they’re moving fast, I’m kind of glad they can take a break from each other. Daisuke’s about hit that spot where he just plain needs to be left alone so he can feel like himself again. Much as he likes Anko, he needs his Daisuke time.

I believe Hisako and Tenten count as having passed the Bechdel test? Let me see...two girls? Check. Talk to each other? Check. About something other than a man? Check. Also, I hope you appreciate that Hisako starting to grow out of her insecurity about her poems and is starting to talk about it.

Anyway, thank you for reading!

Until the next time!

~Fulcon

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  19. SebazuD

SebazuD Experienced.

That and finding a way for your own lightning chakra not to hurt you.

Remember when Naruto's wind Chakra Rasenshuriken damaged him in a celular level?

20. Fulcon

I'm going to be honest with you.

I, in fact, did not remember that.

It said nothing about that on the wiki page for Light Release Chakra Mode. But it's a logical problem for the jutsu to have, so Objection Sustained.

Thank you for helping my writing improve in quality.

21. MudkipSage

MudkipSage Versed in the lewd.

"Daisuke why are you using an Enemy village Kage techniques"
    "I was practicing?*
    "..."
    "Lightning is cool"
    "...True."
    "...Any chance you will teach me Chidori"
    "I'll consider it. "*Reads Porn*

For fun; Look at all Technqiues Daisuke knows, then apply lightning.

Both conversations felt reasonably natural, you may want to plot out the flow of the conversation for Anko conversations a bit more with more time between checks to make it feel more like people talking/dialog, instead of everythign being determined by checks. Also sometime he should just "get" something, not part of the game system, not everything needs to be a check.

Lee's segment was pretty damn good. part of Rivalry is getting stronger, Daisuke would honestly be a way better rival, he won't just fight you, he will offer helpful advice. For someone with too much pride, they would never hold up, for for Rock Lee, he's probably picked the perfect person as a rival, he will take anything he is told with full consideration. Lee see's himself as being handicapped, but wishes to succeed anyways, he already KNOWS he's behind everyone else. Honestly a friendship w/ Lee would be a refreshing change, as much as people like Lee/Guy, most people avoid them in stories due to how bombastic the pair are.

Edit: From a writing standpoint, most people make the MC the more energetic character, but Daichi is 100% straight-man, which means he plays off great with other more energetic character as the "voice of reason/logic" on day to day things, but then in combat he's all ultraviolent super-soldier and the dynamic swaps.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  22. Fulcon

*laughs*

Have a cookie.

More or less how I was going about this.

I'll consider this. Spacing out the checks more, definitely, but 'get' something not part of the game system...that I'm not so sure about. Save for the really esoteric stuff (like the guitar minigame), I can't see that happening much.

Thank you very much! Honestly, I was a little worried about it. Afraid I wasn't giving Neji enough credit and that Lee's more human side seemed out of character. Glad to see that, so far, that wasn't the case. I really appreciate you letting me know, it helps a lot. :D

EDIT:

A more accurate statement, I haven't heard in a long time. Thank you very much, have another cookie!

23. MudkipSage

MudkipSage Versed in the lewd.

Ah, just to clarify, by 'get' i was refering to, borrowing from a D&D quote, "a character is more than the sum of their stats.". being able to understand what is going on without a skill check. In Fallout, you often have dialog options that are generic and do not require skill checks. Additionally, sometimes you don't need a charisma check even when the situation might call for it, to convince someone to do something. They like you for saving their puppy, and know behind your gargoyle demeanor is a good friend.

24. Fulcon

Excellent point. I can tone down the skill checks. It's just really tempting to skill checks often as a sign post that says 'epiphany' and it reinforces the 'gamer' part of the fic. But as you said, they aren't always necessary.

Have yet another cookie.

25. Zaynal

Zaynal Gotta get dat power fantasy~

Reminds of those people who are so overly dramatic, intentionally, just for the comedic effect. They're the best.

Coldbluestreak, Relyt33 and Fulcon like this.
  26. Fulcon

I'm glad you think I'm the best. ;D

Have a cookie.

27. Zaynal

Zaynal Gotta get dat power fantasy~

I was actually stroking my own ego, but ayyyyyyyyyy, fellow drama nerd.

28. Epro

Epro Nordic Dragon Enthusiast

Thank you for the chapter!

Did he fully upgrade his chakra control here? Why is there two of the same checks?

Relyt33 and Fulcon like this.
  29. Fulcon

That just means you hit two birds with one stone. Yaaaay efficiency!

You're welcome!

There's two checks because he read two skill books. His skill went 92 > 96 and then 96 > 100.

Hope that helps. :)

30. Epro

Epro Nordic Dragon Enthusiast

Ah, I feel stupid now. Totally forgot about them.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    Relyt33, Hypervane and Fulcon like this.