1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Something To Atone For. BtVS/AtS, Doyle SI.

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Flightless Man, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Lillie Jones

Lillie Jones Versed in the lewd.

SO Vander boy is dick ( he both smart& stupid )in either overestimating or underestimating Si Doyle or his peculiar visions, even though he's already taken Willow& Angel hostage , also had Vander making an deal with the impressionable Seer Si Doyle explained he wasn't the master whipping boy either as Vamp Xander wanted strike out on his either ( but be an ensouled vampire either). As looking for a personal vengeful ness against Jenny and other Scooby gang. As our Vander & Si Doyle are both unaware of that Initiative is ever looming in the background of season 1 of Buffyverse world. As Vander made his demands clear on the phone to Si Doyle.
    As Si Doyle, Fred, Darla, Dennis took the deal by Vander 's ,hopefully prepared for a backup solution with no surprise deaths in the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

Flightless Man likes this.
  2. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

He only had Willow hostage. Vander was referring to to Angel inviting him and Amy to the Sunset Club the week prior, not last night.

Doyle spent so long hammering home the details of the curse, Vander knows what he needs to avoid. He's not looking to be a minion for the next century and I'll be combining the Wishverse Bronze/Sunset Club/Season 4 Suck House/One more thing.

Luke is the clue for Doyle, that someone/something else is in the game.

Xander doesn't know about Snyder now being active. That's pretty much the one surprise Doyle/the Ghostbusters can pull out right now (unless they make a call to LA).

Dimarash likes this.
  3. Threadmarks: Interlude 14: Not So Innocent Whistles
    Flightless Man

Interlude 14: Not So Innocent Whistles

Peering down at Sunnydale from his spot on Kingsman’s Bluff, an incredibly smug balance demon was ready for the fireworks to really go off tonight. “Useless am I Doyle? Guides don’t get involved for a reason and you’re about to find out why you fool.”

Boss lady isn’t happy you got her back on the Powers’ radar and it’s high time you paid for daring to even speak her name. He let out a string of cackles that lasted far longer than humanly possible, all with a single hate filled breath.

“Angelus might be out of the cards now.” His mocking words echoed over the city, only to be swallowed by the sky before reaching anyone ears down bellow. “But you’ve given us so many possible replacements. This is going to be so much fun.”

His eyes peered through the street with perfect clarity and focused in on the small band of champions in the catacombs underneath. Led by the freshly turned Xander and the ensouled Darla, they managed to avoid running into any stragglers going out to feed.

Next he took a glance over at the first stages of what are sure to be an entire military installation. The tests performed on Luke haven’t sunk through the brute’s skull yet and have currently left the vampire twitching on the concrete floor beneath the university.

Whistler does grow interested when he sees a pair of her agents approaching the home of the Soviet scientist. “Hope that causes lots of drama when Doyle finds out what his girlfriend did.”

He made sure to check in on the disgruntled Zookeeper and his plot for revenge. Even left the man a few clues to steer him in the right direction.

Not daring risk even glance at city hall for too long, Whistler instead settled for sending the mad seer a warning of what would happen if she arrived before recovering her strength. But this brief distraction was enough for Wilkins to find him.

A pulse of divination magic warned Whistler he needed to leave or risk fouling his Lady’s plans. “Shame, I really wanted to see how many more kids he got killed.”

With a final curse towards the century old warlock, Whistler vanished with the sound of a dog whistle. No humans heard it thankfully. But along with the canine population, a vast majority of the demons winced in pain.

The scenery around him was replaced at once by the Los Angeles skyline as Whistler stood on the roof of the Hyperion. His eyes still pointed down, widened at the sight of two sneaky Watchers.”

“Well isn’t that interesting...” He watched Gwendolyn Post and her attempt to sway the werewolf to her cause. “She’s going to have her own little gang pretty soon.”

Only a two floors above in his own office, Rutherford Sirk was on the phone with his contact at Wolfram and Hart. Promises of favours and great wealth was all it took to sway the Watcher, getting him to provide every bit of security on the hotel.

“Can’t let that plan take off.” Eyes narrowed at the idea of the law firm getting a win, Whistler already had a few ideas for how to meddle.

His gaze is soon pulled to the active Slayer and the hapless fool she ‘chose’ as her Watcher. Really wasn’t hard to make sure he was the best option.

A smirk returned as he noticed the frosty attitude between the pair. “He actually told her about the test!”

“Naughty Giles.” A few more giddy snorts sneak out of Whistler. “Travers isn’t going to be happy with you. He almost had the Council crippled for his boss.”

When he gets to the Inca princess and her guardian, Whistler’s expression hardened. “How many messes did that damned Brachen leave me to clean up?”

Before his rage could grow enough for the balance demon to do something noticeable, he vanished with the sound a boiling kettle. This time reappearing all the way in Ohio, Whistler was able to relax at the sight of someone actually doing what he was told.

“At least someone is staying on task.” He sighs in relief at the sight of Pike and Faith facing off with a vampire outside a truck stop. “Just has to keep collecting Potentials for us and we don’t need to worry about them being lead astray with any of this nonsense Doyle’s spouting off about them mattering.”

Even though Liam was chased off by the pair a few days ago, the balance demon is extremely pleased to find the runaway teens aren’t returning to a normal life. The two had nearly made it to Robin Wood and his distinct hatred of the Watchers Council, which finally let Whistler relax.

“Can’t wait to get this face off.” A final shrill whistle covered his disappearance as the human flesh began to melt away and reveal a silver carapace.​

4. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

And fun fact Vander also doesn't know... Willow has reason to hate him (you took over Xander's body, murdered his parents, and did all that to me you monster!) and her FUCKING IMMENSE magical potential...

5. Flightless Man

Most of that hate would be directed at Colin. Doyle's explained it's more like the newly risen Vampire is like the child of the person and the vampire who killed them (A rough analogy).

He thought he was doing her a favour telling her about the murder of Xander's parents. The rest of the night was him trying to convince Willow to let him turn her, it would be lots of fun. Willow's mad, sad, and hates herself a bit because she kind of wants to say yes.

Her magical potential has pretty much been sidelined right now. Willow needs to feel important and she isn't going to be special if she starts learning magic. Amy knows more, has a family history with it, and is already Jenny's apprentice. So Willow is really leaning into her science side (which will still give her plenty of creative ways to make a demon scream) at least for the first 'season'.

But Amy... she was the last one who saw Xander alive and he's the reason it wasn't her who got turned. She's studying under a Romany and we already know in canon that Amy likes her revenge.

6. Reven

Reven Versed in the lewd.

So skip killed Whistler

Damn he was a pretty good guy explained how things got hijacked like they were.

7. Lillie Jones

So that happened ( so Skipp killed Whistler) and Jasmine is behind the scenes steering wheel on replacement ones in the Sunnydale area, but is Xander boy & ensouled Darla betraying Si Doyle ( or im misinterpreted that scene and information by the mysterious Whistler? ). Which had that drama with the initiative ( Fred Burkle) cousin Graham might be drama about that later on ( deal breaker?). Does maybe nonsense to the balance demon ( but does Whistler expect the good guys to play handicap either and not possibly use Si Doyle seer powers is kinda both frustrating and stupid at the same time by old Whistler POV . While Si Doyle far from naive, he perfectly aware of what potential fallout of all sides effects could be had it followed cannon events completely different outcomes from Si Doyle perspective. So Angel ( liam ) lost potential Slayer Faith Lehnan and Pike in the winds?
    So Dark sorceress Willow magic potential might take some time before dealing with the Vander situation, but Willow will lean towards the scientific approach for torture plans now till season 2 .
    We'll see how it goes next time for our Si Doyle with Scooby gang and Jasmine hidden ( machinations) at the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

8. Flightless Man

Maybe.

His 2 canon appearances (in a single episode) really didn't leave me a whole lot to work with. So

Whistler was just confirming that Xander and Darla are the two other vampires who are now sharing some of Liam's destinies.

Yeah, he's laughing at what could happen when Doyle finds out where Fred works.

That was just so the readers know he's back on track and heading to Africa.

Have a good one, next chapter should be out in a few hours.

9. Threadmarks: Chapter 71: Battle Preparations
    Flightless Man

Chapter 71: Battle Preparations

Fred and Willow have nearly finished with the battle modifications for an eager phantom and my anxiety grows with each new screw they put in. Pretty much everything is going to rest on you tonight, really hope you’re up to it Dennis.

A thud from the basement has Jesse let out a roar of success that I can’t find it in me to get mad about. Good on him, finally pinned Darla.

Darla is going through some last minute pointers with him and Angel. Which has thankfully given me enough time to pull Lorne off to the side.

“I know you aren’t the warrior type.” He snorts at the incredible understatement. “So I was hoping you could make sure the kids stay safe at the Sunset Club.”

Catching on quick, my horned friend’s voice loses most of it’s humour. “Thought you made a deal?”

“I did, when Xander told his friends he didn’t want to be a vampire.” With no reason to keep it secret, I fill him in on my plan to make things difficult for the strangely cordial vampire.

“You’re sure about this?” His hum of doubt does nothing to dissuade me.

“I can’t bring anyone who smells human into the sewers. So I’m going to have Fred and the teens set an ambush of our own for Vander.” If he’s the one who returns to the surface once things are finished, I’m not just going to let him turn the club into a buffet.

“You have anymore friends to call before things get hairy?” His tone is odd and it almost seems like Lorne is waiting for a very specific answer.

Not sure I can provide it though. “Not calling anyone in LA for this.”

“One a little bit closer to home.” I can picture his smug face perfectly.

Holding in a groan makes my voice strained. “Jenny’s already working on some welding goggles so I don’t get hypnotized.”

“Strike two.”

“I literally only know one more person’s phone number.” Not sure why Russel would want to get involved in something this dangerous. “Guess I can ask him to help you spread the word around town.” Might even get the Mayor to take care of the cleanup this way.

But when I do give the vice principal a call, his voice is strangely tense once I do fill him in. Knew he wasn’t ready for this kind of thing yet.

“Harris is dead?” His voice doesn’t seem shocked by the news.

“Was walking Amy home and they got jumped by a vampire.” What is Lorne thinking? “Xander made it follow him so Amy could get inside safe.” Russel hated the kid.

Silence lasts long enough that I almost think the call got dropped. “... He did?”

“Can you do me a favour?” Words out on me already, no reason to keep my head down.

His gruff ‘of course’ is almost instant and makes me relax a fraction of a percent. But even though I’ve already made up my mind, stress surges through my suddenly sweaty pours.

“I need you to let city hall know it’s open season on Aurellians tonight.” Wilkins should be able to thin out any of Vander’s potential forces.

To my continued shock, Russel doesn’t hesitate with his response. “Anything else I need to know?”

“If I don’t come in to work tomorrow.” My voice drops down to just above a whisper. “... I’m probably dead.”

“Want my advice?” His voice holds just a hint of hilarity.

Letting him pull me into a brief moment of distraction, my lips curl upwards. “Long as it’s free.”

“Don’t do that.” The comment is as simple as I’ve been called many times in my life. “Hard enough to find a substitute who will actually show up. It’s going to be impossible to replace you before summer.”

“Better hope I have some unfinished business.” Shouldn’t take too long for Warren and Willow to finish a new robot. Might even be able to get the face to look sort of like my original one.

Awkward silence starts to grow until Russel throws me for yet another loop. “Good luck.”

“You too.” School’s still not much safer than the sewers.

Hanging up, my eyes scan the assembled team. The Gauntlet of Myhnegon is in the unliving hands of Dennis as he demands answers from Warren.

“-nd if it doesn’t come off?” He clutches his only recently acquired hands tightly. “You can really just make me a new arm?”

“We hack it off at the elbow and pop on a new one. No big deal at all.” The nerdy boy is fully confident in his answer.

Sighing in relief, Dennis looks a whole lot more confident in the plan. “Okay, good. I was really just starting to get used to having hands again.”

“Thanks for doing this.” Can’t regrow one of my arms. “Really wasn’t looking forward to facing the Master myself.”

“Fred would turn me into scrap if I let you do it.” He visibly shudders at the stern look being directed at the back of his skull. “Rather fight the vampire than the person who knows exactly how I was put together.”

She giggles nervously when a bunch of eyes swivel towards her. “I wouldn’t do that unless you hurt him yourself. Would only change your voice modulator or something like that if you let him die on me.”

“You can do that?” Dennis’ eyebrows shoot all the way to his hairline.

“If I wanted to.” The stern tone really doesn’t match Fred’s playful smirk.

Willow leans in to whisper and I’m pretty sure that I’m the only one who hears what is said. “I’d change it back after a few days. Don’t worry Dennis.”

“We start chanting at eight thirty sharp and between me and Amy...” A frowning Jenny looks up from the goggles she has finished with. “We can give you thirty minutes of silence. Any longer and we risk losing concentration.” That would be bad.

10. Lillie Jones

Come on Si Doyle your not losing your own body yet and getting transfered into Android, but bff Snyder didn't want you to die either and he actually likes a good substitute teacher he can around the Sunnydale area town shenanigans. Kudos to Jesse for pinning the scary vampire lady Darla
    ( don't let go your Head, young man, haha!). Which had Lorne giving more battle preparation and Pearls of wisdom. As Dennis used the lightning glove at Sunset club.
    We'll see how it goes next time for our resident Si Doyle and Scooby gang all over assault at the Sunset club by Vander's in "Something to Atone For "at the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

11. Threadmarks: Chapter 72: Snap to It
    Flightless Man

Chapter 72: Snap to It

The sudden whiff of sour milk is brief but almost enough to make me gag. Thankfully it seems to bother Darla and Vander nearly as much and I’m not alone in plugging my nose.

The sewers have already given way to century old brick tunnels and it’s only the muffle spell that stops each step from echoing. Rage is the only reason I’m not shaking in fear as we creep towards our very possible deaths.

Dennis is the only one who doesn’t have a grim expression. At least he’s polite enough to have stopped grinning like fool.

The magic gauntlet on his arm occasionally lets of a spark of power and startles one of us. But that just reassures me it’s still in working order. Really didn’t want to find out it was out of juice at the last minute.

Fred really wasn’t happy once I revealed what I needed the humans to do. But she did bring the teens and Jenny to the Sunset Club to make sure Vander actually asked for donors.

Not going to dust him until he does something actually evil. Just need to make sure he’s really on the up and up before I let him take over the club. And I feel a whole better about it with the idea of the mayor doing some clean up.

Knowing the three have at the very least decades of practice on me, I didn’t waste time by grabbing any of my real weapons. The red crowbar clutched tight in my hands will have to do.

Vander decided to follow my lead and ignore anything sharp. But he did accept the hairspray and chain with a cruel grin.

At least one of us actually knows how to wield a blade properly and that’s why Darla is leading us ever downwards. With one of my shorter swords in her grip, she understandably seems even more terrified than her newly risen kin.

The goggles Jenny coated with... something magical, are tight on my head. But they’re barely tinted and don’t hamper my sight that bad.

When Darla freezes, the rest of us follow suit at once. With movement only starting when our guide is positive we’re alone.

A quick glance at my watch lets me know we’re running out of time and I hold my wrist up. But she dismisses my warning by holding up a hand with only three fingers.

Does she mean three minutes or three miles? Because we barely have enough time if it’s the first.

Thankfully we reach the final fork not too much later and Vander breaks off to slip among the Three. Or this is when he betrays us and Dennis has to bring the whole cavern down on our heads.

The short trip through a side tunnel brings us out on a ledge where the stench of old blood is nearly overpowering. Checking the countdown has me holding up six fingers as can’t help but overhear the Master greeting Vander.

“You return to me...” The tone is stiff with barely concealed fury. “I trust you have a good reason for your absence?”

Nest is actually a few inches shorter than his new minion. But her towers over Vander who has been forced to kneel in an inch deep puddle of blood.

A trio of vampires stand guard at the entrance Vander just came through. Judging by the swords, those are the Three.

With baited breath I watch the seconds pass, not daring to look away for even a second and miss the signal. Each minute brings us closer to the attack and I lower a finger as each one passes.

At the ten second mark, I start mouthing the countdown. ‘Three...’

Vander’s tenseness is noticed by Nest who pulls his minion’s face up with a clawed hand. “What aren’t you telling us Lex?”

The muffling spell ends just when Jenny said it would. Every sound the four of us made during the last half an hour echoes out in a single deafening bang.

The sound is so loud, it makes four of the five vampires below screech in agony. Hands clutch at their ears even as Xander endures it thanks to the beeswax in his own. Only reason mine aren’t bleeding right now.

With the signal announced with deafening volume, all three of us waiting D’s drop off the ledge to the complete shock of the Master.

“Darla?” It’s clear Vander never told him she was still existing and the betrayal in Nest’s voice makes me grin.

Her response is bitter and full of hatred that I can’t even begin to imagine. But she doesn’t lose track of the plan and is only trying to keep the Master distracted.

Vander and keep the Three more than just busy. The demon wearing my favourite student’s face whips the hairspray out of his jacket pocket and turns it into a roaring flame with a flick of the lighter in his other hand.

The cloud only ends up containing the ash from one of the ancient warriors. Both of his fellows manage to avoid the blaze long enough for it to sputter out and they face us with live steel at the ready.

It soon becomes clear as I parry the frantic slashes from the foe I claimed that they aren’t even as old as Liam. I’m both faster and stronger than my Third, actually snapping his sword in half somewhere around the twentieth block.

The time it takes me to stake the surprised vampire is enough for the final member of the Three to overpower the cocky Vander. The very chain that was only moments early his weapon, is now wrapped tightly around Vander’s neck.

The reflex to breath is still fresh in Vander and he chokes feebly in his opponents grip. Before I even have a chance to stop myself, my body is already in motion.

The stake still in my tightening hand rises as I charge forward. The rage at everything that has gone wrong gives me a speed I wasn’t aware I had.

Piercing the Third’s heart by going up through the armpit, he joins his siblings as nothing but dust. The hacking coughs make me wonder what the long term effects could be and I make a mental note to get a family doctor.

“-n’t believe this!” Shrieks the Master, making my gaze whip over to the real action. “You’ve betrayed me for the humans?”

Darla’s answer is not nearly loud enough to be heard over the sudden ‘KRAKOOM’ of thunder. None of us are prepared for the blinding flash of blue that comes a mere instant later either.

The only thing I do know. The Master is no longer saying anything.

My hand shoots down with the same reflex that made me save Vander and is what turns out to be my downfall. Still barely able to see, I’m completely unable to stop him from spinning me around and gripping my head with a vice like grip.

“Looks like the robot ran out of gas...” Vander’s tone is filled with snide mockery as he tilts my head towards Dennis.

My stomach drops when I blink a few times and can finally see the steaming pile of slag that the Left half of Dennis has become. Only one of his eyes is still recognizable as such and locks on to me as the light slowly flickers out.

“No one can stop me from taking over now.” His voice becomes a growled promise of misery for everyone. “And if I’m not mistaken, you left all my friends waiting for me.” He knows!

“It was so kind of you to get rid of any of my kin who might have stood in my way.” Vander is smug with victory as his grip on my head tightens no matter how hard I struggle. “Say hello to Xander for me.”

With that final mocking goodbye, his demonic strength suddenly twists my neck the opposite way I was straining. The crack echoes in my ears and is instantly followed by pain almost as bad as the snakebites.

My last coherent though it disgust when Vander drops me like yesterday’s trash. My face splashing down in the same puddle of blood he was forced to kneel in.​

12. Reven

The quality of this chapter is not the best. Hell the last chapter felt off as well.

Some things feel kinda forced and not exactly in tone with the rest of the story.

Half expecting this to be a fake out nightmare or dream/vision.

GRoWLiTHeTR and Flightless Man like this.
  13. Flightless Man

Oh... I was actually pretty proud of this one. I thought I had done a good job setting up the chekhov's guns. The one I was dissapointed with was the interlude.

Whistler told Vander about the Ambush. That was why I had his interlude when I did, it wasn't just him being a genius. Vander overpowering Doyle was just a leverage thing because he's a few inches taller. Brachen can survive a broken neck with basically no issue as we saw Doyle get his neck snapped in the show. I was trying to paralel Buffy getting killed by the Master and dropped in the puddle.

The issue isn't that Doyle has a broken neck. The issue is that he's face down in a puddle and Dennis can't move/he doesn't know if Darla was too close to the lightning.

I chose to destroy the Glove of Myhnegon so it can't just keep being used as an "I win" card. Thought the glove and Half of Ted's body was a plausible exchange for the Master. I used the accident of the muffle spell as an intended result this time, to call back to the zoo mission.

Doyle smelt sour milk after the left the sewers. He told the pure humans to stay at the Sunset club because of smell. He also made the teens use deer musk when hunting vampires to cover their scents.

Dimarash, KonradC and ogami-kun like this.
  14. Lillie Jones

It's wasn't that bad a Chapter Author, Even though Vander was a very good intel from Bad Whistler mentioned in the interlude previously, despite him winning this around this time( as they re still many different supposed supernatural creatures and more threatening his position at the Sunset club besides the obvious ensouled vampire position Si Doyle present with in knowledge( the Mayor Ascension ,but that another long away at the moment)at the latest.
    So Si Doyle failed to save Xander boy (I'm quote Why do we fall Master Bruce , So get back up again) Batman Begins film.
    Unfortunately Vander is gonna be a least of theirs problems as Buffy Summers arrival and more Sunnydale Supernatural shenanigans ensure after this particular sting failure of passes over Si Doyle and Scoobygang . Don't worry Si Doyle you still got ghost Dennis floating around, and ensouled Darla somewhere looking for you ,and rest of the Sooby gang .although Watcher concil is still quite a joke compared to what Glory did to them in the later seasons ( considering she freaking goddess that was an decent OP villain mean girl,but I'm getting ahead of myself there.
    We'll see how it goes next time for our resident Si Doyle and Scooby gang in "Something to Atone For " at the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

Flightless Man and caffeinepilot like this.
  15. Threadmarks: Chapter 73: Angel
    Flightless Man

Chapter 73: Angel

“You have the directions?” Not even five seconds after the bomb shelter door slammed shut, Fred’s determined expression turned towards me.

“She promised to mark the forks with chalk.” Nodding stiffly, it’s impossible to ignore the anticipation at being able to finally start repaying Allen.

“Also said anything dairy would cover our smell the best.” Disgust soaks through Jesse’s voice as he stares at the containers of spoiled yogourt being put on the counter by Diego. “Really hope she wasn’t just screwing with us.”
    “We really get to help do magic?” Clutching his blue cape around himself tightly, Diego’s eyes are filled with excitement.

Once the appropriate number of candles have been handed out to the club goers, Jenny motions for Amy to take her place at the head of the second circle. “If we want to keep the second group hidden, we’re going to need the help with the chanting.”

“It was nice of them to leave the good weapons.” Holding up an incredibly well made wood axe, Jesse looks a little to eager to use it. “Don’t feel completely helpless now.”

Knowing her stun gun isn’t going to be enough this time, Fred grabs a shorter sword for herself. “You sure about this Lorne?”

“I may not like violence. But it would just break my heart if Fred lost her hunk and I didn’t even lift a finger to help.” The charming radio host looks at the dagger he’s chosen with clear distaste.

Revelling in the complete lack of disgust in any of the teens’ eyes, Clem is more than happy to help. “I can get us through the sewers just fine. But I’ve never been brave enough to really explore the catacombs.”

Once the well wishes are exchanged between incredibly nervous teens, Fred leads our group out of the club. Jesse and Willow are of course with us and flank me with a lot less joking than I’m used to from them.

The alley above the club isn’t as empty as it usually is though and I’m more than a little surprised too find my vice principal waiting for us with a quickly forming expression of disgust. “You all smell terrible.”

“Price of being a hero I’m afraid.” Lorne is the one who breaks our groups awkward silence with one of his cheeky remarks. “You willing to pay it?”

Something about Snyder is off and it takes a few seconds to realize what’s different. He actually looks decent tonight.

“I looked at the possible replacements we have on file. I’m not letting Allen die tonight.” The normally crooked teeth are just a little bit straighter and the usual sneer even looks more like a confident smile.

From the shadows behind him, an even more surprising trio emerged. Two of them have expressions of guilt ridden shame. But Warren just gives a cheeky wave.

“He called my house...” Jonathon admits with far more gratitude than I’ve ever heard directed towards Snyder. “Told me I’d regret it for the rest of my life if I just stuck my head in the sand and let my friends die.”

“People like us don’t get very many chances at having friends,” explains Snyder when our stunned expressions return to him. “Didn’t want him turning out like me.”

Marcie is quick to voice her own reason for being here tonight. “My biggest fear is being invisible. Can’t believe I was about to treat all of you like that.”

“I’m just as shocked as the rest of you,” Warren admits with a nervous chuckle. “I was just going to give you these.” He hands a pair of night vision goggles to Willow and it’s very easy to see how red his cheeks are. “I didn’t have time to take them apart yet.”

“Don’t have time for this...” Growls Fred as she points to the dumpster. “You want to come, get something to cover your scent.”

Horrified at the order, Snyder is the first one to follow it. He grumbles the entire time and swears us to silence or face a lifetime of detention. But the vice principal does cover himself in some of the foulest trash he can find.

It doesn’t take long to get the other three coated in their own rancid perfume and soon after the whole lot of us lose our voices. It takes a few seconds of charades to explain the plan and calm down the four who decided to join us. But once it’s done, Clem can finally lead us down into the sewers.

He knows shortcuts through them that Darla never seems to have learned and before too long brings us to tunnels of incredibly old brick. Has to be a hundred years old.

Each step makes my skin crawl and not just with the desire to shower off the filth. This is where vampires really live? The club really should think about switching to werewolves.

The muffling spell ends before we make it to the action. A deafening boom lifts up a cloud of century old dust, quickly followed by the sound of clanging metal.

“Move!” Roars a frantic Fred, making the lot of us follow Clem at a sprint.

Desperation fuels me as my legs pump with effort. Each step brings us closer to the action and soon a rage filled roar can also be heard. That’s not a voice I recognize, hope that’s a good sign.

The tunnel comes out on a ledge about the fighting and my heart plummets at the sight before us. The only two people still standing are both vampires, with Darla doing her best to rip off Xander’s head.

It’s not going as well as it should. What appears to be a broken arm is really stopping her from taking control of the fight.

Sparks at the far side of the room draw my eyes to Dennis next. Or what’s left of him.

His left arm is completely gone. Only some melted steel at his shoulder shows where the limb used to be.

But Fred’s anguished shriek is what makes me see the worst of it all. Face down in a puddle lays a motionless Allen.

“No!” She’s the first one off the ledge.

She’s only a few seconds ahead of the rest of us though. With each of us rushing to where we can be the most help.

Jesse and Snyder seem to be in a race to join the fight itself. I don’t have to worry about Dennis either, the smartest among us going right to the robot’s side.

By the time I reach Allen, he’s already been rolled over by a desperate Fred. “He’s not breathing!”

“Get out of the way.” It’s clear she’s too distraught to do proper CPR and I have to shove her.

I know I’m doing it right when I feel at least one rib crack and get lost in the rhythm. I’m so relieved when he starts to cough, I completely ignore the bile on his face.​

16. Lillie Jones

MAN ANGEL ( ANNE STEELE) REALLY STEPPED UP!
    We have Angel POV, as Si Doyle took fight inside with Fred Burkle, Lorne, Jesse, Diego,Amy,Clementine, which had our resident Scooby gang working on the spells at the Sunset club besides Vander, which had our Scooby Gang traveling into the sewers into the Sunset club, but surprisingly Princple Snyder shows up with Jonathan and Marcie( after a little convincing previously about their recent leaving the group and Snyder somwhat on how to make up for it) with the Scooby gang. Although the Scooby gang arrived a little late after the previous battle with the Master vampire & Vander was still going on as Ensouled vampire Darla was still fighting upstart vampire Vander at the moment ( although Angel (liam) might have been good back up against Vander except when the master vampire was still alive ,not doubting Ensouled Darla skill but still managed to fight a lot grunt vampired and surviving an unexpected explosion blast amidst the fight beforehand. As she still holding up pretty well on her broken arm though, but everyone else thinks was down for the count the snapped neck ( luckily for his Brachen half demon heritage) he survived no thanks to Angel ( Anne Steele) for CPR training.
    We'll see how it goes next time for our resident Si Doyle and Scooby gang in" Something to Atone For " at the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

17. Threadmarks: Chapter 74: Fred
    Flightless Man

Chapter 74: Fred

Relief surges through me when Allen starts coughing and I lose track of everything else in the cavern. Both the fight between the vampires and the desperate attempt to keep Dennis online are forgotten.

But the one thing I can’t ignore, is the knowledge that this isn’t the last time it’s going to happen. Allen’s not going to stop this.

“Angel?” Groaning with pain as he struggles to sit up, Allen’s eyes dart back and forth between the two of us with growing confusion. “Fred? What are you doing down here?”

“Seems like you’re not the only one who can see the future...” My tone is mixed with equal parts relief and frustration. “Because I told you this was going to happen.”

His face contorts in shame as he doesn’t deny the claim. “You did.”

“Going to let us help out for real now?” Angel tries to cut through the strange tension. “Or should we start cutting you out of the real plans?”

Doesn’t matter if he does. None of Allen’s plans are actually long term.

Green hands grip the side of his face before twisting to the left with a chilling crack. “That’s going to hurt for days.” Not as much as my heart will.

“Did the plan work?” When she realizes I’m not going to say anything, Angel asks about the Master with a worried voice.

“Really hope so...” The infuriating hunk reveals he’s just as in the dark. “Because I really don’t think we get another shot at hitting Nest with lightning.”

All three sets of eyes turn towards Dennis and his still smoking body. At least a third of his body melted away or as horribly misshapen by the intense heat and I know it’s going to be nearly impossible to fix. Good thing Warren and Willow are working on a back up already.

“Hand me the hack saw!” An incredibly focused redhead holds out her hand for the demanded tool. “And get the jumper cables ready.”

“What are you doing to me?” Terrified at the sudden amputation, Dennis is unable to anything but demand answers.

“All your systems are shutting down...” Through grit teeth, Willow fills in the terrified phantom. “We need to connect your back up power to the car battery Warren brought.”

“Don’t worry Dennis. You’ll be walking around again by the new year,” Promises Warren with a nearly concealed grimace. “You even get to pick what you look like this time.”

Gotta give him credit for just giving up his sexbot so easily. But considering how much time he’s been spending with Willow, maybe he’s lost interest in that aspect of robotics.

That seems to do the trick in calming down the terrified Dennis. “... You’ll make me look handsome?”

“Just like Doogie Howser,” Willow consoles the head in her hands.

A roar of frustration diverts my attention to the fight between the vampires just in time to watch Jesse pull his weapon out of the side of his best friend’s body.

Russel tries to follow it up by leaping on his most hated student’s back. But Vander kicks the axe wielder into him, sending both student and vice principal to the ground in a heap.

About to pounce on the fallen pair, it’s only a sudden whistle that seems to change the snarling Vander’s mind. “This isn’t over!”

With a final snarl of rage, the vampire flees into one of the many tunnels surrounding the central cavern. Lets see if you still feel that way after I tell Maggie about you.

“Glad the rumours are true.” Clutching what looks like a broken arm, Darla still seems to be the best off of the three we came to rescue. “Wasn’t really sure if you could survive that.”

“Think the lesson’s going to stick this time?” Lorne stares down at Allen with a scornful expression. “Or do you need to almost die a few more times first?”

Closing his eyes in the face of such blunt truth, Allen seems to actually realize his mistake. Too little, too late.

“Not like the kids are going to listen to me anymore. I’ll be lucky if they even listen to my ideas for a while.” He accepts Lorne’s help up and winces in pain.

Darla coughs to get our attention, tension creasing her brow as she glances between the various passageways. “We should get up to the surface. It’s not just my bloodline that calls the catacombs home.”

“But Xander...” Not happy with letting his best friend’s body just get away, Jesse doesn’t know who to glare at. “We can’t just let him go!”

“He’s a freshly turned vampire. Lex is going to be obsessed with all of you.” Darla uses the name the vampire chose for himself instead of the mocking title Allen provided. “You’ll all have plenty of chances to face him again.”

“Oh...” Terrified at the knowledge he can enter her home anytime, Willow is pale as a sheet. “That’s not good.”

Allen flushes with guilt. “You can stay at house until Jenny has a chance to rescind his invitation.”

With a little more urging from Darla, we do finally start making our way back to the surface. Lost in my own tumultuous thoughts, I don’t pay much attention to the conversations around me.

No matter how much I care about Allen or he about me, the mission is always going to come first for him. It’s not a future with me he’s planning for... just the next emergency.

No one wants to go home after we reunite with the others at the Sunset Club. So we end up bring the entire team back to the house for celebratory cartoons.

Savouring the moment, I curl up against Allen’s undamaged side and just enjoy ‘Yogi Bear’s First Christmas’. But when Angel pops the second tape in, I let him know we need to talk.

Thankfully he doesn’t make a joke about the phrase and just follows me into the kitchen with a grim expression. “What’s up?”

“What’s the most important thing to you?” This is the last chance to convince me I’m wrong.

Without any hesitation, Allen proves he’s the man I fell in love with. “Keeping my students safe.”

“That’s what I was afraid of.” I don’t need to be the first thing he thinks about. “Which is why this is so hard.” But I know I’m just going to be a distraction to his destiny and it’s time I started working on my own. “We can’t be together anymore Allen, I can’t keep seeing you like that. You’re going to leave me all alone.”​

18. Lillie Jones

Well you live and you learn Si Doyle as bff Lorne and Angel gave him the blunt truth and made sure the lesson stuck this time, but I'm not sure Fred Burkle heart could take it from there. As Fred pov, Dennis was still somewhat alive( as Willow made plans for another body) and Russell & Jesse did an amazing 2 prong attack against Vander( Lex) a dangerous young vampire in the catacombs before he escaped to places unknown for now.
    As bff ensouled vampire Darla brusquely mentioned that lex ( Xander boy ) will probably be back in the second time for our resident Scooby gang and Jenny rescinded the invitation again to the house,which Darla said her bloodline called to the Catacombs and it was time to leave for home base.
    Anyway, Si Doyle & Scooby gang were post recovery from the Sunset club battle with Lex ( Xander) as girlfriend Fred Burkle had the "Talk" ( which was Si Doyle) figures happening sooner or later ( as girlfriend Fred Burkle she can't handle it if you leave her alone) As Dearest Fred's Burkle sorta kinda broke with him ( which Si Doyle wasn't surprised but still kinda stings a little though, even he 's bit proud she finally started to show her independence ( character growth) after the Vander fiasco) as this isn't Si Doyle first break up ( besides divorce from Ex wife) and he values her honest opinion as well trying to make it work( Yeah! Buffyverse relationship drama always about the mission ( saving theworld, most of the time ) . Perhaps he hopes Fred Burkle finds what she looking for but I don't think leave the lifestyle behind either ( considering her cousin Graham works for the initiative in the background season 1).My best speculation guess).
    We'll see how it goes next time for our resident Si Doyle and Scooby gang in "Something to Atone For " at the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

19. Reven

And that shows her own in lnexperience with relationships. Or someone at the initiative getting into her head to make her distance herself from outsiders unconsciously. They are known to drugs and influence their people and I am sure Maggie can't have her assistant questioning her on someone her more recent ideas.

First breaking up should be the last option as just because you say the words doesn't mean the emotions suddenly stop. Does it really matter if your together or not if you still feel the same regardless of the outcome? It does not fix the issue on either side.

Fred is really only hurting both sides with this.

Did Doyle need a wake up call/intervention?

Kinda? He is being over protective and gaining a mayter complex with his decisions. But well he has been given the script for lack of a better term of not only what is going to happen but the motivations of many villains and heros. No one knows or understands just how much information he is dealing with or the weight of his choices.

What he does not get is they don't have to be his choices alone. He keeps trying to fall into the role of hero instead of guide. He is forgetting the first responsibility of his visions. Telling others what they need to know.

Does he need to tell them everything? No. But he needs to start letting people know what's up currently and have a informed decision.

Example current active big bads or idiots.

Nest, Mayor, Wolfram and Heart. Future major problems Glory the watchers.

However we can't forget the minor problems as well. The Mayor for example half the time helped them in the background deal with some issues cause someone destroying the town or taking it over was just as bad for business him as it was them.

Anyways started to get off topic! Yeah Fred breaking up with Doyle is not going to solve any problems. It may even make things worse. Though there is a chance it could be a wake up call for Doyle it equally could force him to shut himself away further. That was a what the original did after all.

JT'Tales and Flightless Man like this.
  20. Flightless Man

21. Threadmarks: Interlude 15: Friends Filled In
    Flightless Man

Interlude 15: Friends Filled In

Nestled on the couch under a pile of blankets, Tara could only let out a huff of annoyance when the phone rang and forced her out of the cocoon. It was early enough that the good cartoons hadn’t even started yet and the witch in training knew it must be important.

Both Buffy and Alonna pretended to sleep through it all. At least that was the plan before Tara let out a startled gasp.

Only hearing their host’s side of the conversation had both of her friends too curious to remain ‘asleep’. With Tara’s expression enough to chill the good mood, it soon becomes clear why.

“What do you mean Angel?” Tara’s voice lost any of it’s usual warmth and stammered out the last few words. “He almost died?”

“Who did?” Prodded a frowning Alonna as she realized the Slayer’s hearing is a lot better.

“Allen...” Pale in the face, Buffy refused to believe the words. “But how? He can see the future?”

Quick to grab her friend’s hand to stop it from going to her mouth, Alonna stopped her from chewing on the fresh nail polish. “Not like he can watch six billion movies everyday. Lots of stuff can still surprise the guy.”

Once the call was over, Tara did her best to explain the details of such a terrible night. She filled the other two girls in on how one of his students was turned and the attack on the Master’s lair.

“I Don’t think Giles is going to be as excited about the robots anymore.” She winced at the thought of the friendly phantom being trapped in a useless shell. “Dennis needs a new body already.”

“No offence. But Dennis is already dead.” Allona awkwardly pointed out. “I wanna know what happened to Pinhead.”

Having wanted to avoid any specific details, Tara goes pale with concern for her crush. “... His neck got broken and he was found face down in a puddle.”

“Well shit...” The blunt response slipped out of a guilty Alonna. “Probably would have been better off if he did just kick the bucket last night.”

Horror filled both of the blondes as they turned on the blunt speaker as one, Buffy’s response only beating out Tara’s by a half second. “How can you even say something like that?”

“That’s not what I meant!” Shame filled Alonna’s voice as she realized her mistake. “It’s just....” Her eyes had a hard time meeting either of her friends’. “He’s not really going to be walking away from a broken neck.”

Anguished at the idea of what Allen sacrificed for her, Buffy still hadn’t noticed the part about his breakup. “... Oh.”

“If he really feels what goes on in those visions,” The Slayer gasped with guilt ridden understanding. “That’s going to be a living hell for him.”

“Guess that explains why the vampire didn’t know either...” Tara mumbled out awkwardly.

“Know what?” Frowned Alonna.

Her lack of grief finally explained, Tara clarifies exactly what she was told. “Brachen can actually walk away from a broken neck. He’s just going to be sore for a few days.”

Relief surged through Buffy at the news and the feeling wasn’t something Alonna was immune to either. All three girls had different reasons to owe the half demon. But none of them wanted him to suffer.

“Well now that he’s taken care of that stupid prophecy...” Relief rushed through Buffy and she didn’t even bother keeping the grin from her face. “He’s just going to have to deal with having to patrol with me.”

“Giles isn’t trying to convince you to go solo once you move?” Alonna knew that Gwendolyn and Sirk both had rather outdated ideas. With Merrick back in England, it’s just Wesley and Lydia who don’t piss me off each night.

“He told Post that if her ideas had any merit, she would be the one assigned to the Slayer right now.” Smirked Buffy as she revealed her Watcher wasn’t going to cramp her style in the slightest. “She hasn’t talked to him in four days and I don’t think Giles minds.”

A growl of annoyance escaped Alonna’s lips. “Really wish he’d tell her to leave my brother alone. Charles actually seems to listen the guy.”

“She can’t be that bad, can she?” Tara didn’t want to make any waves. But hadn’t really spent much time around the Watcher focused on artifact recovery and didn’t have a proper opinion.

“Post seems to think she’s already been chosen to take over once you move.” Pursed lips made Alonna look like she was ready to commit murder. “But Wesley said the four of them are splitting the responsibility. So I’m not really sure what’s going through her head.”

Buffy was elated to have a topic to switch to that wouldn’t leave her so red in the face. “Wesley said?”

“When was this?” Quick to join in on the teasing, Tara was quite happy to shift the topic away from Buffy’s interest in older men.

“When I was trying to make him see the goods were up for grabs.” Alonna grumbled bitterly as she glanced down at her pyjama clad body. “But for as smart as he seems to be with some things, the guys clueless in pretty much every other way.”

“Sure he’s not just terrified of your brother?” Teased a smirking Buffy as she threw a pillow at friend’s head. “I know even I get wiggie when he hasn’t had his coffee.”

“It’s the eyes, so intense.” Agreed a grinning Tara, quickly being forced to duck the pillow thrown at her in response.

When her friends finally got up for the morning and stretched, it would have taken more strength than Tara had to look away. They’re both beautiful and I’m just plain old Tara. No wonder Buffy never looks at me like that.

“Can’t really blame you for waiting anymore.” Alonna pulled a fresh shirt from her bag and this time Tara really did turn around. “How do you just get over a guy who died for you?”​

22. Lillie Jones

Ahh shucks Buffy Summers ( you're worried about the broken neck thing and completely forgot about the break up with Fred Burkle though, but our unlikely girl Tara McClay is definitely feeling " man " in with girlfriend Bffs but can looking at goods but can 't touch haha!
    Although I think young Wesley needs a more direct approach,Gunn's feeling be damned "Respect the Girl code Bro", Ha on Alonna 's new mission to bed Wesley hmm?
    But Gwen Post is still getting a little antsy on the certain point of leadership privileges or planning a mutiny in the Watcher concil.
    Although Ensouled vampire Darla and Buffy Summers meeting is a possible opportunity running gag for Angel/ Buffy shippers but Buffy/ Doyle shipping, whom supposedly can tell?
    Catch ya later
    Cheers !

23. Flightless Man

I don't want to burn out, so from now on I'm just going to do 5 chapters a week. Monday to Friday so I can keep a schedule.

Edit: I meant starting next monday. I'm taking a week off.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    KonradC and HearthBorn like this.
  24. Threadmarks: Chapter 75: Two Months Later
    Flightless Man

Chapter 75: Two Months Later
    The guilt over how everything turned out with the Master has finally lessened enough that I can meet Angel’s concerned eyes in the passenger seat. I haven’t Fred very much since she had Graham help her move her things to campus.

It’s finally sunk in that she really getting away from all the crazy since the last time we spoke was when Dennis got his new body. Glad someone I care about is able to have a normal life.

“You have enough chew tabs?” Worried about how fast she’s going through the latest batch the Maclays sent, I have absolutely no idea how to fix this mistake of mine.

She’s pure human... The visions will kill her in just a couple years and I still haven’t figured out something better than slipping some Mohra blood in her coffee once a week.

Determination to avoid that has had me taking advantage of Jenny’s online expertise and my growing wealth has been put towards quite the collection of esoteric books. Giles might even think I’m a proper educator when he sees how many shelves have been filled.

“As long as I don’t have more than one vision today.” Winces my brave passenger as the front door swings open the reveal a waving pair of Summers women. I really need to start recording stuff before Dawn changes all my memories.

“If you do have one?” My voice demands with worry filling it.

Angel rolls her eyes and the dark eyeliner really makes the expression sting more than it should. “I go straight to you, Jenny, or Snyder.”

Can’t believe he’s the one who said they can call him that, just because he thinks it’s cool to just go by only a last name. As strange as it is to even think about, it seems like Russel is actually being accepted by the group.

Darla gives him less lip than anyone besides Jesse and the teens have stopped sassing him all the time. Of course they still give him his fair share of teasing, it’s just spoken without actual hatred now.

Hell, Snyder’s even taken over coaching the swim team ever since the fish guy vanished without a trace. Fred couldn’t even find a trail, so I’m really thinking he just got unlucky one night.

Since Nest’s defeat, Vander has been laying so low I was worried he left Sunnydale. It wasn’t until he started leaving Willow ‘love’ notes, that I knew for sure he was still around.

“Or Buffy.” I know you and the other teens have started staking vampires at the Bronze without me.

At least if Buffy helps I can stop asking Darla to keep an eye on you all. I’d prefer if she helped Lorne keep the Sunset Club safe anyway.

No matter how many facts I spouted, the teens latched onto the idea of Darla, Liam, Dennis, Lorne, Clem, and I, being the true ‘Lonely Ones’. They don’t think all vampires are just misunderstood now and the costumes at the club have become more varied. But It’s really strange to see the one guy who really seems to be trying to cosplay a Brachen.

Of course Lorne loves his little clutch of groupies who insist on covering themselves in green body paint every night. Do they start the second they get home from school?

The owner was quick to offer him a nightly spot to host his radio show live and the greedy gleam in Lorne’s eye had me slightly concerned. But it’s given both Dennis and Darla something to do each night too.

Dennis is just as good a cook as the show claimed he was and has turned the Sunset’s kitchen into something of actual quality. Of course Darla refused to have anything to do with that part of the business and took the bouncer’s position eagerly.

Enough of the teens liked Frankenstein enough that Jenny’s been able to start a science club. With Willow helping Warren take charge of the club, it seems like the girl is starting to open up again.

Giles really was even more disappointed by Dennis’ performance than I thought. He made it very clear the Council can’t afford to be replacing all of it’s robots each patrol and I was able to sleep soundly once that phone call was over.

“As long as we can keep making it seem like it’s me who has the visions,” It was Jesse’s idea and I have to admit it was quite brilliant. “The Mayor shouldn’t care about you at all.”

“You’re really going to that meeting with him?” Her face scrunches up at the idea. “And just with Snyder?”

“After our help making sure the Aurelians became an endangered species, Wilkins apparently just wants to find out what other ways I intend to help.” The cheque Russel handed me on Friday was big enough to make it clear the Mayor seems to think I’m on his payroll now.

“It’s probably best if we split the teams up and you lot handle the stuff at the school.” I’ve dealt with enough of the filler that you shouldn’t be completely overwhelmed by it now.

Joyce follows her daughter to my van with a warm smile. “Thanks for all of the help Allen. It’s made the move so much easier on us both.”

“We’re already going right past the place, no reason you need to leave early.” My shrug is casual as Buffy pulls open the sliding door with her own ‘good morning’. “And hey yourself. Ready for hell on Earth?”

“He’s exaggerating. I’ve been to way worse schools.” Didn’t Angel pretty much get ‘home schooled’ by Caleb? “We’ll let you know which teachers to stay on the good side of.”

Conceding the point with a chuckle, I wink so Buffy knows I was just referring to why she should avoid the library. “Not quite as many extra curriculars at this school and the teachers might not be as highly acclaimed as the ones you had at Hemery. But the cliques intermingle more than you would think.”

Even in the show, Cordelia and her friends knew far to much about the ‘cretins’. And for such an apparent loser even Jonathon was getting invited to some of the parties.

“Angel’s friends usually come over after school to study. What time do you want Buffy home?” Leaving the power entirely with Joyce, I can practically feel Buffy’s irritation coming off in waves.

Joyce considers the question for moment and goes over how much work she has to do at the gallery before it’s ready for opening day. “I’ll be home around six.”

My expression twists into one of sympathy. “Why don’t you just stop by and join us for dinner? That’s way to late in the day to worry about food and I pretty much have to have enough food to feed an army.”

Glad to avoid dishes tonight, Joyce gratefully accepts the offer and lets me back out of the driveway. I keep the conversation basic until I turn off Revello Drive before giving Buffy a serious look in the rear view mirror.

“It’s going to be a whole lot safer if you tell your mom about everything...” Her face goes pale at the idea hanging in the suddenly tense van. “Want to do that that tonight at dinner?” Should make patrolling a whole lot less stressful for the next two years.

25. Lillie Jones

Welcome back Author San !
    Whilst we caught up with our resident substitute teacher Si Doyle with the Scooby gang & Buffy Summers duo in town 2 months after Fred's Burkle ( worst break up ever) since Angel/ Buffy shippers & Iilyaria arrival in the Atv/ Buffy verse world as Fred Burkle potentially gets caught up in the initiative web design. Shucks.
    Although Dennis, Doyle, Liam,Darla, Lorne, Clem coined the" True Lonely Ones" in the Sunnydale town yet Si Doyle is definitely dosing some one with Mothra blood for potential passing on his powers ( if I'm speculating wrong here ) as Dennis got a knew body, Darla is semi bodyguarding at the Club besides Vander is still love notes to Willow ( so he's still in town on the really down low) key to emotional toy with the gang at the momentarily
    At the same time dropping Buffy Summers at Sunnydale high school with other Scooby Gang new schedules for the new school year.
    We'll see how it goes next time for our Si Doyle with Scooby gang in "Something to Atone For "at the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

26. Flightless Man

Thanks, I really needed the break and a set schedule. so now its 4 chapters and an interlude each week, Monday-Friday.

Good catch on noticing Fred lied about having no clue about the swim coach's location.

The Sunset Club is shifting from a Vampire fanclub to a friendly demon/human shared club(pretty much Caritas lite). Demons like Clem are loving how these kids look up to them and really taking a hand in telling them which parts of town to avoid/which kinds of demons/people to stay away from.

He knows a human can only take the visions for about a year before the brain starts turning into mush. So he's got a ticking clock to find Mohra blood, talk Angel into getting hairy 3 nights a month, or find a different solution.

New body that looks like his original. I have to do research on when he died, so I can decide to have him reclaim his old life or not. Edit: Checked and he's too old for his old life.

The vampires in town aren't going to try getting past her without a good reason. So the club is overall safe and claimed as ours/the Mayor's territory (since his people took out the Aurellians on the surface and we took out the Master, it seemed more coordinated).

Right now Vander still wants to convince Willow to join him. That could change after enough rejections though and he may just want to hurt her and Jesse(he's also getting love notes and is just to manly to tell Doyle about it, since Willow's notes are already being searched for clues).

Since the actual show begins with Buffy's first day of school, I thought her first day was the best time to "return after the midseason break".

Edit: Family just showed up while I was halfway through chapter. Can't finish until they leave, so this one might be a little after midnight.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  27. Threadmarks: Chapter 76: Lounging Around
    Flightless Man

Chapter 76: Lounging Around
    The morning classes pass by in the same self-pitying haze that the last two months have been full of. Every single time I see a couple of blushing teens, my stomach twists uncomfortably.

I made the choice to stop being just a guide. No one to blame except myself for being stuck with a lifetime of loneliness. Either that constant grief.

I’m part of the Buffyverse... The bitter thought burns inside my head. We don’t get happy love lives.

Stopping outside the lounge, I force my expression into a neutral state. Don’t need to spoil Russel and Jenny’s good mood.

Finding the pair engrossed in a conversation already, I’m not in any rush to join them. Taking my time at the coffee pot, I even refill it before grabbing the lunch Dennis made for me last night.

Not giving me even a minute to dig in, Russel throws me under the bus as soon as I sit down. “And I’m delegating to Allen. He actually seems to like spending time with the kids.”

“What am I doing?” The way his eyes are kind of popping out has me uncomfortable.

The smirk grows on Russel’s face. “Field trip to the zoo needs more chaperones.”

“I’ve got a dentist appointment that day.”

“Haven’t told you when it is.” His voice is full of triumph.

I can feel myself going pale at the idea of going back to the scene of my crime. “Haven’t booked it yet.”

“Please?” It’s still so strange to hear him ask for anything.

“You have no idea how bad that place smells...” My growl is deep enough to make the secretary give me a strange look.

Chest puffed out as he reminisces about chasing Vander off, Russel just makes Betty look even more confused.“Can’t be worse than the sewers.”

“Have we gone back into them?” My snarky retort has the secretary leaning in closer for the juicy gossip.

“It’s either this or you handle the talent show in May.” The choice is offered with a mocking grin. “Your choice.”

“Give me the talent show!” The urgency shocks Russel out of his cockiness. But I can only focus on one very small detail I overlooked.

I haven’t done anything about Morgan or Sid yet! The realization that this is the third person in Buffy’s life with a brain tumour, really has me wondering if it’s just bad luck. Or are some of them maybe a side effect of something magical?

Well since I’m already helping some of the teens with start up funds for a robotics company once they graduate... Maybe I should talk to Amy about Mohra blood.

“Really?” Russel’s shocked voice brings me back into the moment. “I thought I was going to be stuck with that damn thing again.”

“I’d rather risk my ears.” Better get used to bad singing before Liam comes home.

“How’s the ID coming along?” Once the secretary leaves the three of us alone in the lounge, Russel steers us towards the important topics.

Shrugging awkwardly, I fill them in on the very little I know. “Fred said it would take a while.”

“It’s been two months...” Jenny’s lips twist into a frown. “I’m pretty sure I could have gotten something whipped up by now.”

“She’s just making sure to stay under the radar.” I did warn her the government is keeping an eye on Sunnydale. “Don’t want any suits grabbing Dennis.”

Wrinkles form on Russel’s forehead right before he speaks. “What happened to Dennis just reclaiming his own identity?”

“He didn’t want to be nearly a hundred.” Wouldn’t have been able to experience anything life has to offer that way.

“Makes sense,” hums Russel as he finds nothing he can argue with. “Does that mean you’re going to pretend he’s another half sibling instead?”

Shaking my head, I try not to dwell for too long on the how. “Can’t keep getting away with that. Fred’s just going to surprise us with his backstory.” And for some reason, Dennis is perfectly fine with just getting a random identity.

“How’s the swim team treating you?” I’m not just curious about the teams’ physical health and actually care about the sudden volunteering my friend did.

Jesse hasn’t complained once and that’s what I find most unusual. But as I watch my friend shoot another beaming smile at Jenny, I realize it’s not actually such a mystery.

“Apparently my attitude is just what the swimmers need to really push themselves.” He lets himself smirk. “I’m pretty sure we can avoid the bottom rankings at the next meet.”

“Really?” I’m impressed, in the show the team was barely worth being called one.

Russel’s grin goes from confidant to unnervingly feral. “I’m going to break the boys down and spend the spring turning them into actual competitors.”

“You sound like you actually care...” One of my eyebrows goes up. “Feeling alright?”

“I couldn’t understand why you spent so much time on the teens.” Admitting this seems to bring him physical discomfort and Russel shifts in his seat. “But after Percy beat his best time, he called me coach and he actually meant it.”

A chuckle escapes Jenny as she narrows her eyes on her beau. “Is that why I’ve been having less than half the kids in detention?”

As the newest member of staff, the responsibility has now fallen to her. And I’m perfectly happy being able to go home when the bell rings.

“How are the little mad scientists?” Turning the inquiry onto her and the club Willow talked her into hosting, my lips curl into a smirk. “Anyone else I need to scare straight for you?”

“Chris was the only one I was worried about.” Jenny’s grimace is enough for me to avoid bringing up how she had to kick his friend Eric out of the club. Pretty sure that kid terrifies all of us.

“He’s going to work with Warren and Willow on designing his brother’s face?” As long as the coma rumour holds, Daryl Epps will be able to go back to school by spring break.

Humming her agreement between bites of blueberry muffin, Jenny explains why Angel’s vision was so easy to deal with.“It’s not like Daryl wants to look like a monster. He’s very willing to go with whatever story we come up with as long as he gets a normal life back.”

“Even if he can’t play sports anymore?” He can’t exactly face any kind of medical scrutiny.

“You get to choose which face you wear.” She snorts right in my stunned face. “He’s stuck looking like a rotting corpse and will agree to any conditions we set.”

My face turns a bit green at what the future could have held. “I just don’t want him making a corpse bride out of several cheerleaders.”

“Angel never said anything about that!” Shock is mixed with disgust as Jenny resists the urge to jump to her feet.

“I just have a wild imagination.” And hopefully that’s all it will ever be now. “You find any dirt on the lunch lady yet?”

Not missing a beat when I turn to him, Russel has an answer ready with a smug expression. “Her last day is next Friday.”

“And what happens if Miss French calls the school?” Since Russel decided to start helping out, I’ve really taken advantage of his administrative connections to handle upcoming problems.

“Tell you right away.” He shudders at the idea of the She-Mantis.

A thoughtful smirk suddenly appears on Jenny’s face and she leans towards the now sweating Russel. “Why don’t you stop by for dinner and we can make sure she keeps her eyes off of you.”

The words make me freeze in place. I don’t think I was supposed to hear that part.

28. JcG91

JcG91 Making the rounds.

I never thought I’d say this, but go Snyder!

Dimarash, JT'Tales and Flightless Man like this.
  29. Lillie Jones

So Still going through the motions Si Doyle ( considering your new brooding is leaking through the pages) at Sunnydale high school, which no body can see how good your poker face is at the moment Si Doyle with post break up Fred Burkle ( still in talks supernatural world shenanigans) in Hellmouth central.
    Although has Si Doyle gave his visions to Angel ( Anne Steele) recently and was off the screen since Vander (lex ) happened at the Sunset club besides the obvious.
    Including Snyder and cute lunch lady are hooking by Jenny Calendar gossip rumor mill with bff Snyder & Si Doyle at the school. As our liam ( Angel) returns within Darla ( dealing with the champion stuff) until his arrival back in town after the mid-season break and Buffy Summers still hasn't had any good action yet ( she must be restless since she has a decent new Scooby Gang without having human Xander boy in it considering he hated dead boy Angel( but it makes an interesting confrontation fight between the Slayer Buffy & Vander ,haha!) In my general opinion.
    We'll see how it goes next time for our resident Si Doyle and Scooby gang in" Something to Atone For " at the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

30. Threadmarks: Chapter 77: On The Spot
    Flightless Man

Chapter 77: On The Spot
    As the students start to file out of my class before I can pile on anymore homework, I’m relieved Buffy seems to be meshing well with everyone. Cordelia wasn’t even giving her a hard time about hanging out with ‘losers’.

Actually seeming to respect Willow’s grief, I haven’t had to call either of them out since Xander’s funeral. Proof the self proclaimed ‘Slayer of Dating’ was never really heartless.

Unless her and Angel suddenly become best friends, I think that’s at least one of the Scoobies safe from fate. In less than three minutes, everyone not getting a ride home with me is long gone.

Giving the teens my full attention, I have to admit Jesse stunned me today. I was expecting him to pretty much replace Xander in the group. But he’s proven to be his own man and not shifted his attention away from Cordelia.

Though he has stopped being creepy about it. Just a few tame compliments each day and it seems to be working. I guess it doesn’t hurt that he’s on a team now and isn’t going to ruin her reputation.

“Thought about my idea?” Directing my words to Buffy, I remind her about dinner tonight.

“You really think it’s a good one?” Her lips pull down into a conflicted frown. “Giles and Merrick both said it’s safer if she never finds out.”

“That might have been true in a city like Los Angeles...” Marcie finds her voice and speaks up, even though I can see it on her face that she expects to be ignored in such a large group.

Earning a friend for life, Buffy’s enhanced hearing doesn’t miss the words. “Is Sunnydale really that bad?”

“Already had to get rid of two teachers since I started here and I’m keeping an eye out for anymore.” Considering the risk carefully, I give Jesse a warning look. “Some demons like to hunt virgins specifically. So you should all keep that in mind if a teacher suddenly starts putting the moves on you.”

“The Mayor is going to eat us all at graduation...” Jesse tries to change the subject back to how dangerous the town is, his face flushed at what he must think was me singling him out. “You should at least tell your mom about the vampires.”

Turning the suggestion back on the lanky boy, Buffy still isn’t convinced. “Have you told yours?”

“It was the only way I could think of to keep Vander from getting invited in while I was out one night.” His voice is suddenly tight with frustration. “No way my parents would have left him out in the rain, not without me ruining his memory at least.”

“And they actually believed you?” Buffy’s doubt gets turned away from me and focuses on Jesse’s claim.

“Dad already knew about the vampires.” Lips quirk into a wry grin as Jesse shares how it went. “He said it’s one of the reasons so many of the doctors on staff drink.”

Her shocked jaw drops at the same her voice rises in pitch. “Why would a normal person keep living here?”

“Lots of people live right beside an active volcano.” Points out Jonathon. “This isn’t really that different.”

“And every job pays at least twice what you would make even just moving outside city limits.” Amy explains her dad’s reason for staying. “It’s enough for anyone who notices the strange to stop looking in the shadows.”

Having gotten the worst results with her folks, Willow nod her agreement. “Mom just told me to keep my voice down and to be inside by sundown.”

“I’m not going to tell your mom unless you want to. Just wanted you to know you don’t have to break the news alone.” Darla should be enough proof of concept and if she’s not, I can always just sneeze.”

“May as well,” Buffy concedes with a strangely relieved face. “Giles isn’t going to be happy though.”

“The Council does a heck of a lot of good in the world...” My words are as honest as I can be on the subject. “But they are still just people and we’re known for screwing up. Either by betrayal or accident, not everyone in tweed can be trusted.”

“But you can?” Noticing what seems like hypocrisy, Warren shows some use outside of the computer lab.

“I’ll never lie to you unless a life is immediately on the line.” My eyes lock onto Buffy’s blue pair as I desperately try to make the words sound true. “You’ve more than earned that from a comrade.”

A snort at the classroom door announces the arrival of Angel. “Does that mean you’re going to tell her about all the ‘visions’ you have written down? Or are those still things we don’t need to worry about right now?”

Exhaling all my frustration out one nostril, I force myself not to react anymore visibly than that. “... I put most of them on the calendar.”

“After you died!” My ‘sister’ is quick to retort with betrayal filling her voice. “And you still aren’t telling us everything. I saw how many pages you just flipped past.”

“Those ar-” I’m about to explain those away and have to freeze when I get hissed at.

“Don’t bother telling us those have already been dealt with.” Willow joins the rest in showing me under the bus. “I already know you use blue Post-Its on those ones, just not sure what the pink ones are for.”

Well crap... These kids are too damn smart.

All eyes bore into me and I know they won’t let me avoid the truth this time. “Those are the things that could end the world.”

Gasps of shock fill the air as Willow stares at me with horror. “But you have at least ten of those.”

“And Wilkins isn’t even on that list.” I use the Mayor and his plans as a reference base for the scale of threats I’m talking about. “He’s barely a state level threat.” Even if Wilkins beats us, he’s going to be bombed into paste before he reaches the Rockies.

“So what do you consider world ending?” Lips tremble as Jesse pries for answers.

I start holding up fingers as I count some examples off.“Cult of all female demons who want to open the Hellmouth, evil spirit trapped in the internet, or a statue that wants to swallow the world.”

“I’ll tell my mom...” Buffy shares a conniving look with the teens but doesn’t reveal the ringleader behind this. “But only if you let me borrow that diary.”​