1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Something To Atone For. BtVS/AtS, Doyle SI.

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Flightless Man, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Lillie Jones

Lillie Jones Versed in the lewd.

All Shucks My kids are grown up now ( if they just leave the world ending threats alone out of my ) Diary by Si Doyle standards. Buffy Summers for Shame ( you really got it bad ,even if Si Doyle hasn't quite caught up with her intentions toward him yet in mid-season break ,HAHA! ) Already ganging up on Si Doyle spiling the Bean's on the Top 10 apocalyptic world ending threats indeed! Aside sister Angel ( Anne Steele) recently puting your visions to good use apparently against brother Si Doyle, besides Mayor Wilkins Ascension ,if I remember correctly is a big boss literally in the " Graduation" episode (but not completely a world threat as listed by Si Doyle )hmm?
    Also Vander ( lex) is still out there in the Sunnydale town emotional toys for the gang including Willow usual. Aside from telling her mom Joyce Summers about the Vampire infestation in the Hellmouth central area and a possible ringleader in the group at the latest.
    We'll see how it goes next time for our Si Doyle with Scooby gang in" Something to Atone For " at the meantime.
    Catch ya later

JT'Tales and Flightless Man like this.
  2. Threadmarks: Chapter 78: Revelations
    Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

Chapter 78: Revelations
    The table is set and everyone who isn’t at least pretending to be someone’s relative has left with the promise to join us for patrol. Of course that had Buffy quite a bit more interested in the activity than she seemed to be down in LA.

Since Qullana is trying to adjust to a normal life, Buffy could just be looking forward to not being the only special one. It’s not like Gunn’s boys could really push her and now she has three of us to share the burden with.

“Giles will be here at seven. He’s going to drive Mom home and answer any of the hard questions while you show me the hot spots.” The incredibly nervous girl hangs up the phone. “But he’s really not happy about this.”

“If this doesn’t turn out the way we hope, they can just ignore my advice with the next Slayer.” Before Buffy can finish her gasp of shock, I hastily hold up a hand to correct myself. “They can have the next sixty years to figure out a better system.”

“Thanks for making Giles tell me the truth.” Her face crinkles into an odd expression I can’t quite name.

Trying to play it off as a smaller deal than I know it really is, I can only shoot her a half smile. “I did the same thing I do with all of my charges. I gave him the facts and let Rupert choose how to react.” Really glad he made the right call though.

Her eyes dart behind me to the clock before sliding towards one of my roommates. “Well that’s good. Because I’ve been told you’re still moping around and I can’t figure out why.”

“You might have noticed Fred isn’t here.” Whatever reason could I have for feeling depressed?

“She dumped you months ago though...” Darla snorts derisively from the stairs, letting me know it’s Angel behind me. “At this point you’re acting worse than William.”

That really stings and I know my face has contorted into a shocked grimace. “You take that back!”

“Well stop brooding like a bloody awful poet.” The scorn in the vampire’s voice cuts right through me. “You’ve been split up as long as she lived with you.”

“Time’s up on the socially acceptable grieving period,” adds a smirking Buffy.

As much as I want to bicker the point, I know they’re right. Even if my moods only partially about Fred calling it quits, I’m not really ready to share the full details of my future knowledge.

If it was this hard taking down the Master, can I really make a difference against the bigger threats coming up? Or am I just going to get even more people killed?

The address book I’ve been using to keep track of the things I could remember is open in the Slayer’s hand. “How do you make sense of any of this?”

“It’s just some notes so I don’t forget the big things.” It’s not like I was writing down a synopsis of every episode for you to go over with a fine-tooth comb.

“Go to little league games and watch the coaches.” Turning the book towards me, Buffy’s frown is directed at thee incredibly brief descriptions I left her. “How is that helpful to anyone?”

“I got eight years worth of visions all in a single night. Wasn’t easy to even get that much written down before I forgot it all.” And I’m pretty sure I still didn’t even get half of it in the right order.

“How come I didn’t get that?” Angel doesn’t let me out of the frying pan. “I’ve only had ones about stuff happening that day.”

Darla saves me from answering when she ponders aloud. “Probably because they just got passed on to you. No reason to repeat the same visions Allen already saw.”

“I guess...” Not really sounding convinced by the suggestion, Angel side-eyes me intently for clues that I can only hope are absent from my face.

“What about this one?” Flipping to one of the pages with a pink tab, Buffy snorts at the limited information. “Demon Sorority and zombies with a bomb on the same night. That’s literally all you have written down!

It’s like taking notes for school, you only use key words and phrases to trigger the memory.” Would have been awfully stupid of me to leave all that information written down for someone evil to steal.

“How is that worse than the Mayor trying to eat us all?” Confused at my ranking system, Angel is finally distracted enough to stop the glaring.

“The military can blow up a giant snake.” Some homemade explosives did the job just fine. “I’m not sure they could close the Hellmouth.”

Everyone goes quite at that grim thought and it lasts a few awkward moments. Thankfully Joyce’s headlights shine through the window and the mood shifts to a lesser tension.

“I’m really doing this.” Buffy takes a few deep breaths and darts to the door ahead of me.

I remind her who really has to worry about consequences tonight. “I’m the one she’s going to be mad at. Worst case scenario and she just thinks I’m trying to take advantage of you.”

Her cheeks go pink with what I assume must be embarrassment at the idea. “But Mom likes you.”

“Let’s see if that holds true after she learns what we do most nights.” Or that my family is freakier than the Munsters.

“Probably isn’t going to be that mad once you mention the savings accounts.” Darla brings up the envelopes with each teens’ name on it that I brought home from the bank.

“What is she talking about?” Buffy isn’t the only one to blink in confusion, with Angel mirroring her stunned movements.

“I made sure to use my visions properly when I had them.” An amused smirk appears on my face. “I’ve invested in some stocks that I know will pay off for everyone helping out.” Least I can do considering the fact that both shows make finances an issue at some point.

Joyce is let inside by a chuckling Darla, instantly noticing the undercurrent of excitement I just created. “Buffy is asking about stocks? I’ll know it’s a lie if you try telling me she’s interested in math now.”

“Do you prefer to be eased into shocking news or would you rather I just dump you right in the deep end?” Flustered at how many eyes are on me, I attempt to go for levity.

“Is Buffy already in trouble at school?” The groan reminds me that Joyce wasn’t always the most understanding parent.

“She’s not in any kind of academic trouble.” Not with Russel on our side. “We just thought it was time you knew the truth.”

When my spikes emerge along with the dark green skin, Joyce let’s out a terrified gasp. It only gets repeated when Darla reveals her own fangs with a smirk revealing she’s enjoying this at least a little bit.

“Run Buffy!” Joyce’s first instinct is to bar her arms wide in an attempt to give her daughter time to flee.

Of course Buffy doesn’t move and I’m quick to shake my face back to human. “Now that you know we’re telling the truth, let’s talk about what kind of town Sunnydale really is.”​

Skybrain, Dimarash, Darkban and 13 others like this.
  3. Lillie Jones

SHOCK & AWE ( FIGHT NIGHT FOR JOYCE SUMMERS), HAHAHA!
    Well Stop the brooding Si Doyle we don't need a Spike 2.0 ( William the Poet) at this juncture, said bff ensouled vampire Darla at the apartment complex with Buffy Summers along with the unlikely Diary ( well he's not likely to let bad guy's read either of course , so code words is best for the visions book Diary, but we see battle of the Seers between Si Doyle and Drusilla ( more likely Angel ( Anne Steele) vs Drusilla and Spike are in the Sunnydale town central. Although Si Doyle has defeated the master vampire ( he still knows that there are more dangerous threats out yet to to be seen). As well making a difference against the overwhelming biggest bad guys is a work in progress but still doable and accepting the fact you're gonna lose people guiding Seer or not Si Doyle. As si Doyle with stock profits from the vision power to Buffy Summers While Joyce Summers frightening reactions to Si substitute teacher Doyle with bff ensouled vampire Darla ( game face) told her daughter Buffy Summers to run as she likely got thrown into the deep end of the Sunnyside Sunnydale town area ( Surprise Joyce Summers, Welcome to the Chaos ,MUHAHAHA .
    We'll see how it goes next time it goes next time for our Si Doyle with Scooby gang in" Something to Atone For " at the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

Flightless Man likes this.
  4. Threadmarks: Interlude 16: Taking The Initiative
    Flightless Man

Interlude 16: Taking The Initiative
    “Any change in Hostile Four?” Director Maggie Walsh wasted no time cutting to the chase when she entered the lab exactly on time. “Or is he still on the hunger strike?”

Winnifred Burkle had quickly worked her way into the doctor’s good graces and was now acting as her direct assistant. “He hasn’t responded to any shocks. Not even when we turn the voltage all the way up.”

After the stress filled Fred realized the Initiative lumped anything demonic into the same category, she knew it was vital to keep her distance from Allen. Every time she had worked up the nerve to end things, he ended up getting himself nearly killed.

She knew if Walsh got her hands on him, Allen would never see the light of day again. It’s going to be hard to keep the Initiative’s eyes away from the high school. But I have to try.

“Claims the Annointed One will feed us our entrails and spread the Master’s darkness across the world.” One of the less useful scientists offered nervously.

The director’s eyes narrowed until the man seemed ready to faint. “What is he talking about?”

“There will be a time of crisis, of worlds hanging in the balance.” Fred carefully checked her notes for the exact phrasing of Luke’s prophecy. “And in this time shall come the Annointed, the Master’s great warrior. The Slayer will not know him or stop him, and he shall lead her into Hell.”

“Is that all of it?” Walsh is completely unimpressed with the dark words and just wanted to get on with the next round of tests.

“Five shall be harvested to bring about the Annointed’s reign...” As she tried to ignore the dreadful feeling the words filled her with, Fred forced herself to finish speaking the dark promise. “The Aurelians will rise once more and usher forth her immortal destiny.”

No visible reaction graced Maggie’s face aside from a brief flicker of boredom. “Just words meant to shake the weak. Is that what you are doctor Stevens?”

“Has our time been just as wasted with the Russian?” With nothing further to say on the vampire topic, Maggie was swift to steer the conversation to one of the other captives.

Guilt filled Fred as she knew his capture was entirely her fault. “He’s quite eager to talk to you about the enhancements his serum can give soldiers. Says it’s only got a few kinks left to work out before it can used in the field.”

“I’ll be the judge of that.” Never one to just accept grandiose promises, Maggie remained cautiously optimistic about her secret super soldier program.

“Casualties are down fourteen percent since we switched to using flash-bangs.” Agent Riley Finn only speaks after his textbook perfect salute. “We’re going to need to expand soon or start clearing out some cells.”

The stern Maggie just shrugged dismissively. “Funding has already been approved to add a subbasement and expand my staff by forty percent. Just focus on bringing in new specimens until the summer is over.”

“We’re not really finding those anymore. Not since you insisted we keep our patrols around campus.” Disgruntled at the restriction, Riley discreetly shot the one to blame a glare.

Fred just ignored his scorn though and held firm to her suggestion. “You’ve been claiming the campus as your territory. It’s the only way you’re going to establish a safe-zone anywhere in Sunnydale that you can expand from.”

“Just follow the new route for the rest of the school year and plan out the next neighbourhood you want us to expand into.” Frowned Walsh as she finally got a good look at how emaciated Hostile Four looked after two months without drinking blood. “We don’t have the manpower to do more until you get those new recruits trained up.”

“Yes Mam,” answered Riley through grit teeth before moving on to the next part of his report. “We’ve found more than enough evidence to move on the Delta Zeta Kappa fraternity. At least nine missing girls had last been seen with a member.”

An actual shimmer of empathy is in Maggie as she provides a few of the more mundane possibilities. “Human trafficking or some truly disgusting home media. Either way, I don’t want us missing anyone.”

She made sure to have Agent Finn coordinate with police around the country, despite his eagerness to grab the creeps at his school tonight. No one as happy about having to wait a week. But even Riley could admit it was better if the strict was simultaneous.

“Do we have to keep the bug alive?” Agent Forrest Gates runs enters the room with a groan of disgust, hastily throwing up a salute of his own when he sees the Director. “Because I swear she wants to carve me up special and it gives me the heebee jeebees.”

“We can discuss it if you find me something more interesting. I’m told we’re running low on space.” Walsh dismissed his complaint with one of her usual scoffs. “Or until Miss Burkle can explain how she found a Subterrestrial hiding as a human.”

Photocopied Allen’s journal and spent weeks trying to figure out what any of it meant. “I saw on one of the cameras that she scared off the vampires. Didn’t take long to figure out where she was staying after that.”

“How come she gets to call them that?” Forest hissed in frustration at her cousin Graham. “I had to scrub boots for three days last time.”

“Because her argument amounted to more than just ‘we all know that’s what they are’.” The explanation Walsh delivered was full of cutting derision that her staff was very used to by now. “Telling me it saves time and that means lives. That was a logical reason I can accept.”​

Skybrain, Dimarash, Darkban and 14 others like this.
  5. Lillie Jones

FRED TAKES THE INITIATIVE?
    My goodness Fred Burkle is in so deep right now and still trying to protect ex boyfriend Si Doyle from. their reach for now, but considering the light bomb on the up in the air also "his supposed OG Doyle shared fate at the moment.
    Although Maggie Walsh is putting Fred Burkle through her paces at and her possible promotion as her right hand woman ( compared to her character development in Angel series and right now is both better and worse ) as Iilyaria shadow is ever looms over Fred's shadow or new host if Si Doyle has anything to say about it though. Including Riley is still a jerk but always a solider for the cause in the Sunnydale area town and the Annotated Ones arriving from the Hellmouth.
    We'll see how it goes next time for our Si Doyle with the Scooby gang in "Something to Atone For " at the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers !

6. suikofan

suikofan Not too sore, are you?

Just binged it. Really like it Allen is flawed but trying lot of early stupidity has been shut down. Fred and Gunn got better lives atleast in the short term hopefully Lorne too. The Powers forgot about Jasmine, assholes! Was surprised Skip took out Whistler in the comics Whistler is a heavy weight.

No way the Initiative is gonna break Luke guy is a old as shit zealot. I am shocked that Fred hasn't said shit about her cousin being on demonic steroids.

7. Flightless Man

I really liked the irony of Doyle trying to keep people safe, but Fred is doing almost exactly what he's doing.

If Doyle lets Fred get possesed by Illyria, he deserves to have his eyeballs torn out. He has 8 years to plan for that.

Thanks, I really wanted to show Allen has just a much of a learning curve as anyone.

Doyle being a teacher, gets to nudge the personalities in way he couldn't really as a peer. It's nice to be able to point out negative character traits, as long as other characters get to return fire on Doyle.

They had a lot of plan readjustment to take care of with all the changes rippling out. I'm not a huge fan of the Season 8-12 comics. It feels like it should have been an AU spinoff and not a main series continuation. So very little from those comics will be included.

Dimarash likes this.
  8. Threadmarks: Chapter 79: Revelations
    Flightless Man

Chapter 79: Revelations

"It's kind of like having a lifelong disease she needs to manage." Doing my best to steer Joyce's understanding, I seem to have finally found something that works.

"Nothing we do will take away her powers. Unless you want her heavily sedated for the rest of her life of course." At least according to the Buffy. "That's always an option and will muffle her mystic signal."

Giles was very forthcoming once he started spilling the beans. Apparently, that's why the Watcher's use a very specific drug for the test, even though any mundane drug has an increased effect on Slayers.

Buffy probably could have endured the snake bites even better than I did. But even a couple beer will turn her into a spring breaker.

"The Watchers will insist she has a destiny and it's Buffy's responsibility to save the entire world..." Scorn drips from every word I utter and I stare deep into Joyce's eyes until I'm positive she understands. "They're not going to pay her either."

I never really liked the lesson learned from career day in the show. Buffy should have a life outside Slaying and the easiest way is make sure she's taken care of. "That's antiquated information and why I'm in Sunnydale."

"I thought you moved because your charge was here?" Buffy interrupts with a curious expression wrinkling her forehead.

"I can have more than one. How many other desks are in my classroom?" My off the cuff response has her satisfied for now and lets me turn back to her mother. "If Buffy chooses to fight evil, she doesn't have to worry about money. I made sure to get a few portfolios set up."

"But can't she just..." Joyce fumbles for the word. "Not be magical anymore?"

I know this is a serious moment and yet I just can't resist the opening she gave me. "The magic's inside you. "Buffy can stop being the Slayer just as easily as I can change my genes. And I really wouldn't mind being something less pokey, pretty sure that's the real reason Fred dumped me."

"Did you just make a joke at your own expense?" A grin has nearly taken over Angel's face.

Darla nods thoughtfully and sighs in relief. "Sounds like the moping is finally over. Good, it was long past sad and approaching pathetic."

"Never let Cordelia be in the same room as your sister." Buffy's face contorts in fear at the thought of how much verbal damage the duo could unleash together.

"I have enough children vying for my time." The words are ironic coming from such a youthful face. "I don't need another one yapping at my heels."

Clearing her throat, Joyce brings the discussion back to her own daughter. "You're going to keep her safe?"

"I can only promise Buffy will never be alone if she chooses to fight." It's been challenging to keep any of the spotlight away from her daughter's rather huge destiny. "Lots of people who have a reason to fight, we don't need to draft a teenager." But I think I've managed to downplay it enough for both of the Summers women.

"Mom, stop worrying so much." Flippant like she was at school, Buffy seems to be getting her nerves under control. "Jesse is going to videotape the patrol and you can see it's not such a big deal. Pretty boring most nights actually." Maybe in LA with a crew who doesn't really want to fight vampires every night despite the bravado.

As much as I think it's a good idea, I can't help but worry about something unusual happening. Would be just my luck for tonight to turn into a two-part special.

"And no, we can't just try not being special." As soon as I see more arguments forming in the concerned mother, I can't stop myself from using her own future words against her. "I tried and my life pretty much fell apart. When all I had to do was accept myself for who I was, Harry already had."

The doorbell rings while Joyce is stewing over the words. "Giles can answer any of the technical questions. But we need to go if we want to get the early risers tonight."

Handing Joyce the envelope with all of Buffy's stocks, I steer her towards the door. She wastes very little time opening the packet and gasps when she sees how many companies are included.

"How much did this cost you?" She's a businesswoman herself and knows just one portfolio like this wouldn't be cheap.

"A couple years of migraines and some well placed sure bets." Really glad I got that put in motion before I had to work entirely off of memory. Really wasn't a big deal for me. But I know it's enough to live relatively comfortably." That's the least I can do for the people willing to fight evil.

A flicker of guilt hits me as I remember something about this very woman's relatively soon future. "And since we're on the topic of the future, you should probably book a full physical."

Questions start to fire from everyone involved and I do my best to provide answers. But sadly, I only watched those episodes once because of my personal reasons and can't provide anything better.

Giles and the teens are let in to discover a very tense room as answers are pried from me. "All I know is it's something about your brain and it happens when Buffy's in college. I'm honestly not even sure if an early warning will do anything but stress you out, just figured you should know."

"Is everything alright?" The British accent comes out awkwardly as none of the teens with him seem willing to start the greetings.

"Just more bad news." Tapping my arm to give him a clue towards the topic's personal nature, he thankfully nods in understanding.

"I believe it's my turn to answer questions?" Giving me an out, Giles pulls out the book with the very blatant title 'Vampyres'. "I believe it's best if we start with this book. Would you prefer if we go to your place or mine?"

"Let's go before she changes her mind," hisses an eager to hunt Buffy. "I really want to see if Sunnydale is all talk."

"We have three cemeteries to hit before we drop Darla off at work." Willow holds up a spreadsheet she printed off at home. "Four expected to rise according to the coroner's code phrases."

"Well..." Snorting at my own dumb idea, I decide it couldn't hurt to share it. "If any of you ever want to apply for a job at the place, it would really make our job a whole lot easier."

It was just a spur of the moment idea. But the more I think about it, the more I consider its viability. Stake the corpse or misfile the body for cremation and we could cut the fledges in half.

Jesse is quick to grab the fire axe he's been using lately while Willow is content with the Stun Gun and pepper-spray Fred got her for Chanukah. The other four stick with stakes and the required holy water, letting Buffy have her choice out of my rather small weapon collection.

"This one I guess." She eventually grabs a shorter blade with a pout. "... Merrick has way nicer ones."

"So do I in fact." Giles doesn't give me any slack and glances at the rack with surprise. "And I just have the basic field kit right now. My own collection is still a few months from being delivered."

"Russel and Jenny aren't coming tonight." It's left unsaid that they have a date. But Jesse is quick to put the pieces together and smirk in support of his coach. "And since it's a school night, Darla and I will take over after curfew."

That part was mainly for Joyce. Since most of the vampires retire once the teens are back inside, we don't actually have to stay out the whole night.

Skybrain, Dimarash, Darkban and 11 others like this.
  9. Lillie Jones

Never read the Buffy series comics in 8-12 ( minus the TV show universe itself) that I already, besides my own Buffy Summers lore is still spotty in some places but remember the most important plot points.
    Anyway We caught up with our Si Doyle with the Summers family as the revelations continued as non magical Buffy Summers ( isn't a good idea) but mundane drugs do the trick ( plot convenience)?
    Although never get ensouled vampire Darla and Cordelia in a room together , chaos for Si Doyle and a Buffy Summers at Sunnydale high school ,haha!
    Yeah Career episode was very somewhat not liked by Si Doyle standards but comparing on Angel tv show & Buffy Summers ( it was complete disservice if I remember correctly Angel ran P.I firm for a time and then moved in the infamous famous Hotel, which raised Connor briefly demonstrated some actual paying jobs for the kids ( when in previous seasons Angel was making an decent amount for the team before the group expanded)
    Also considering Buffy Summers had a safety net for school for a while and then Joyce Summers died and Buffy Summers herself was dead for a time ( most of the Scooby gang hung her out to dry afterwards after bringing her back from the dead,which she worked at the meat packing plant for Dawn and all the left over bills for household expenses and what not.
    Erstwhile, Buffy Summers finally gets started to check out Sunnydale with most of the Scooby gang ( Willow, Jesse and 4 more readily available to hunt at the cemetery.
    As I said Saving the world is a free pass but Don't quit your day job and watchers council taught her all the wrong things,considering Watchers were a bunch of rich jerks in the early season ( even though no call them out it ,as Giles worked for them too. Definitely some sort a double standard practices going on there, That is mostly a misconception on Si Doyle rectified with the new stock market profitable for Summers women should have deserved ( not to be a millionaire but well worth income to fall back on.as the accepting money shinck never gets old but never ceases to blindsided the Buffyverse world heros. Rant over
    We'll see how it goes next time for our Si Doyle and Scooby gang in" Something to Atone For " at the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

10. Threadmarks: Chapter 80: Night on the Town
    Flightless Man

Chapter 80: Night on the Town
    Coughing as the last cloud of ash plumes around me, laughter comes out of most of my companions. It’s so loud, it sounds like the noise is echoing through the entire cemetery. Only Darla keeps silent, her glare sliding past me to land on one of the rambunctious teens in particular.

“Why are you laughing?” Her disappointment is disguised by sheer annoyance that Jesse isn’t going to see through. “You left so many openings tonight that I’m ashamed to admit I had a hand in training you. The Slayer had to save you twice.”

“The Slayer prefers to be called Buffy.” Shaking her head, Buffy’s own frustration with the vampire is showing. “Unless you want me to start calling you the Corpse?”

Before the bickering can turn into anything more, the three of us hear a branch snapping nearby and freeze in place. My eyes swivel a fraction of a second slower than them. But none of use catch sight of whatever has been stalking us all night.

Tense at the new surroundings, Buffy has had more than enough of the hide and seek. “We all heard it this time, right?”

“Smart enough to stay downwind...” Darla growls as the budding argument is dismissed.

Nodding in annoyance, I have to agree when my nose finds nothing. “Only caught a whiff of the thing once and I have no idea what it is.”

“We’re cutting it pretty close,” Dennis blinks twice as his internal clock reminds him of the time.

“Don’t worry Menace,” teases Jesse in an attempt to diffuse some of the tension. “This was the last one on the list.”

“I’ll do another sweep of the area and see if I can pick up any clues.” It’s still too weird for me to just go hang out at either of the teen clubs socially. “Just make sure to swing by the Bronze on the way home.”

A derisive snort greets my comment as Darla can’t hold back even a drop of scorn.Are those ideas getting stupider?”

“You’re the one who said we have to use the buddy system when patrolling...” Jonathan clears his throat nervously as he gathers the courage to point out my hypocrisy. “Why are you allowed to go alone?”

“Yeah, that’s dangerous.” An out of place smirk appears on Jesse’s face and it takes me a second to place the reference.

“How about we go look for our stalker and you can drop me off at the Sunset Club once it’s dealt with.” Not letting me off the hook, Buffy is firm in pairing me up.

Not letting the opportunity slip by, I can tell Angel’s comment to is really directed towards me. “If it takes long enough you might just be able to convince Allen to come in until closing time.”

“I can always just strong arm him...” Staring me down over the freshly disturbed grave my coating of ash emerged from, Buffy flexes her arms like a professional body builder.

“We’re never going to be cool if you keep trying to hang out with a teacher in public you know.” Marcie’s look makes it clear the words are mostly a joke.

With his chest puffin out with bravado, Jesse coughs loud enough to draw all eyes. “Speak for yourself. I’m on the swim team, that means the cheerleaders will have to watch me now.”

“Not until you start winning.” Willow douses his good mood with a roll of her emerald eyes.

“Can’t believe even jocks have losers.” Grins Jon as he considers the irony and starts heading towards the club. “Really never even considered that they might be screwing with each other too.”

“People are insecure and like to deflect anyway they can.” It doesn’t excuse, just something we can’t avoid in life. “It’s basic social behaviour and will probably endure long past the day humans are among the stars.”
    "Just make sure someone stays within arm's reach of Angel." Would be just her luck to get a concussion.

Jonathan frowns at the command. "Any particular reason?"

"This is going to go terribly, and we probably aren't ever going to see each other again." My voice is flat and my face expressionless. "So have a great night, Buffy will meet you after I get eaten by something."

Gasps of horror answer my declaration, with Willow looking about ready to faint. "What are you talking about? Is this a pink slip night?"

"Was just trying to do whatever the opposite of jinx us is." I'll know better for next time.

Gasps of horror answer my declaration, with Willow looking about ready to faint. “What are you talking about? Is this a pink slip night?”

“Was just trying to do whatever the opposite of jinx us is.” I’ll know better for next time.

“Just wish us good luck next time.” Even Dennis isn’t amused by my attempt at humour, his frown really making me feel small.

The teens are quick to agree and follow the phantom to the club. The creased brow finally relaxes when the group is out of earshot and Buffy sighs with relief.

“I really thought dinner was going to end with my mom calling the cops. But it’s going to be so much easier not having to lie to her about everything.” And it’s a relief to me that you aren’t turning Slaying into everything you are. “Thanks for helping.”

“If you ever have to convince someone, at least show them you’re strong enough to bend steel.” Really not sure why Buffy expected her mom to believe her in the season two finale.

Not when the cops had just talked to Joyce about her daughter being wanted for murder. Include having already been institutionalized for psychotic delusions in that version of events and Buffy needed more than just some wild claims.

“What do you think we’re looking for?” My partner squints at the hedges in an attempt to make out movement.

“I have a few guesses.” Most likely something I forgot to take care of. “Probably just one of the Master’s leftovers.” Maybe the fork arm vampire? “Still have no idea what happened to Luke.”​

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
    Skybrain, Dimarash, Darkban and 12 others like this.
  11. Lillie Jones

NIGHT ON THE TOWN( MASTER LEFTOVERS? ) / THE MYSTERY OF LUKE CONTINUES?
    Not much going these Chapter, but Si Doyle is having a learning curve experience for our Scooby Gang at the Cemetery at Sunnydale with killing a few vamps though, Dennis might be able to handle high school kids at social networking ( interaction) with his bad attempts at a joke compared 90's era he lives in the Buffyverse world. Although I might misread the situation again for Si Doyle.
    Anyway, Buffy and Darla are somwhat bickering partners ( without killing each other in the show) yet another similar & different situation of somwhat alternative cannon events ( till Darla and Angel's friends of Spike & Drusilla arrive for some bloody Sunnydale action shenigans, which Si Doyle & Buffy Summers spent some time at Cemetery while Dennis took rest of the Scooby gang to the Club. As Buffy Summers didn't give Joyce Summers much credit for the previous incidents( police , psych wards ( monster of the week) format, but Joyce Summers came through in Buffy Summers Sunnydale tales in season 2 .
    We'll see how it goes next time for our resident Si Doyle and Scooby gang , mystery of vamp Luke's disappearance " Something to Atone For " at the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

12. Threadmarks: Chapter 81: Snickerdoodle
    Flightless Man

Chapter 81: Snickerdoodle
    Trying to keep the conversation going once most of the group is gone, I fumble for something casual to talk about. “... You seem to be getting along with everyone.”

“Do they normally bicker so much?” Her eyes widen when I let my demon side out, carefully taking in my appearance.

Probably so she doesn’t attack me in the dark. Since it’s been so long since she saw this face, I can only assume I’m setting of her Slaydar.

“Today was really the first day I poked my head above water since Fred moved out. I’m not really sure what’s gotten into the lot of them.” I should probably start with Angel when I get home. See if she knows what’s eating everyone before I blunder into the middle of something simple.

She gives a noncommittal hum and crinkles her nose. “I was thinking I should join the school paper.”

“It would give you a reason to be sleuthing around.” Impressed with the idea, I don’t raise a stink when she starts leading us around the graveyard in search of our stalker.

A proud grin flashes her pearly whites. “Thanks, I’ll be my very own Clark Kent. Now I just need a Lois.”

“Since my love life was laid bare earlier, I think I’m allowed to ask...” Waiting until she turns back around with curiosity in her eyes, I carefully approach the topic. “What happened with Pike?”

A stormy expression takes over her face and wipes away any trace of a smile. “He couldn’t handle this being an all the time thing and left me a letter. At least Fred told you face-to-face.”

“Heartbreak all wrapped up in guilty relief?” Snorting to myself, I can’t help but empathize.

“Pretty much.” Buffy nods stiffly.

She suddenly freezes in place a mere second before I catch a whiff of the pungent aroma. “It’s running!”

Dashing ahead of me, Buffy charges towards the rustling bushes while I struggle to keep up. A dark shape on all fours bursts out of the foliage and slams into her.

The pair tumble across the grass and towards away from me. Digging in my heels, I manage to stay on my feet, only to nearly lose my footing when I see exactly what we caught.

A hyena gnashes its fangs just inches away from my arm and I have to slam my elbow down with all my might. But it barely phases the beast, making me repeat the attack a half dozen more times.

When Buffy manages to grab her dropped sword, the strangely intelligent animal finally decides it’s had enough of us. With the choice between giving chase and offering a hand, the decision is simple.

“You alright?” Grabbing her wrist, I pull Buffy to her feet. “Really wasn’t expecting that.”

“Now you’re stuck in the dark just like the rest of us.” The playful tone lets me know she’s fine. “How are you going to manage?”

That’s the question, isn’t it? “Probably going to screw things up a lot more.”

“What was that? I could barely sense it.” Her confused question makes me frown.

“That was a hyena.” And if it set off a Slayer’s senses, that confirms it’s one of the Primals. “And I thought I took care of this already.”

But as we follow the trail of blood straight towards the zoo, I realize nothing permanent was actually done about the zoo keeper. I just grabbed his book and got distracted!

“We need to call the others...” I can’t stop a frustrated groan from escaping my lips. “This wasn’t random.”

Thankfully it’s the nineties and payphones are everywhere, letting me drop a quarter in one not even halfway down the block. My warning is taken by Diego who swears to pass it on to the others.

Once I’m able to focus on the mission, I can only hope the delay was worth it. My stomach churns at the idea of the animal running into someone and I ignore the burning in my lungs. Really need to start working out again.

Just when I think it’s impossible to go even another step, a mass of snarling fur and teeth slams into my side. The only reason my fallen body isn’t turned into a snack, is Buffy’s even quicker reaction time.

Her own attacker is skewered on the sword, making her to kick mine off instead of repeating the quick kill. Like last time, the surviving hyena dashes away as soon as we have our bearings.

“These things are a lot smarted than any animal I’ve ever seen.” Buffy returns the favour and hauls me up. “You sure they aren’t demonic.”

“Primals.” I’m not really sure what that means, ‘Shaman’s Drum’ isn’t covering them until June’s issue. “All I know is they’re some kind of ancient magical animal spirits.”

Do humans have Primals? That thought spurs itself into a train that gets a little carried away. Is that what the Slayer Spirit used to be, before the Shadowmen twisted it?

Shaking that thought away for later research, I pull a second dagger out. “Thanks, I owe you one.”

“I think I still have a couple more to pay off.” Buffy flips the gratitude back on me. “Don’t worry about it until I do it a few more times.”

“It’s incredibly sad in our life that’s a when and not if.” And probably isn’t even going to take a whole year.​

Skybrain, Dimarash, Darkban and 12 others like this.
  13. Lillie Jones

YEAH! NOT EVEN YEAR BUFFY SUMMERS/ THE PRIMAL HYENA'S APPEARANCE
    Something is definitely up with our Scooby Gang Si Doyle, but Si Doyle can't make head's or tail of the underlying issue with that being an supposed supernatural problem or natural one for the Scooby gang at the first hunt at the Cemetery, Which from Buffy Summers pov ,her somewhat romantic feelings is probably her best choice at the moment till Angel( expected underlying sexual tension between in the tv show) with him arriving
    back in Sunnydale area town,As Buffy getting with finally getting alone time with Si Doyle crush at the Sunnydale Cemetery, but Si Doyle is unaware of her romantic feelings him yet , as our Si Doyle misunderstood the partnering up for teacher/ mentor relationship for now a minor complication hmm? Hahaha.
    Anyway the prime hyena pack makes an unexpected appearance and hasn't possession the bullied student body yet at the moment.
    We'll see how it goes next time for our Si Doyle and Scooby gang and Buffy Summers with more behind the scenes going in and out of Sunnydale high school town in "Something to Atone For "at the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

14. Threadmarks: Chapter 82: Feral
    Flightless Man

Chapter 82: Feral
    Inside the walls of the zoo, the stench of the hyenas is everywhere and it’s fresh. Did the pack spray the whole place down tonight?

Admitting my help will be pretty much useless, I turn to a snickering Buffy. “You hear anything or you just want to keep laughing at my misery?”

“You look like my aunt when she has to change her litter box.” Her expression morphs into a mockery of my own. But hopefully she’s exaggerating a little bit.

The jokes trail off when we get within visual range of the hyena house. We exchange serious nods and make sure our weapons are ready.

Her sword makes a few test swings through the air as I clench my own daggers tight in anticipation. “Not sure how big the pack is and they can crunch bone with those jaws.”

They also like going for the genitals. Really starting to wish I wore a cup.

“So we fight back-to-back?” Fully confident in our odds, Buffy’s eagerness starts to flow into me.

“Exactly...” I allow myself to grin smugly as I think about the beasts scientifically. “These pussy ass bitches are going down.”

Buffy gasps at my crude language. “You just swore.”

“No I didn’t. That was all proper terminology.” Winking at my student’s confusion, I explain exactly what I mean. “Hyenas are part of the cat family genetically hence the pussy part. But socially they act almost like wolves and that covers the second half.”

Creeping into the dark building it takes a while for my eyes to adjust even a bit. Downside of having a fantastic nose is that my eyes are barely average.

Once we reach the enclosure room a bone chilling cackling starts echoes from every direction. The dreadful sound is joined by a condescending slow clap as the zookeeper reveals himself.

Just like in his final showdown, he’s wearing animal skins and has painted his face with bloody markings. “I thought he was just trying to get rid of a shared annoyance. But it seems my source knew exactly which buttons to push.”

From the shadows, a hulking predator emerges. The hyena is at least twice the size as is natural, snarling at me me specifically.

“Adebiyi so eager to sample something other than beef. I hope you don’t die too quickly, the screaming is my favourite part.” He doesn’t seem to realize the real threat is the petite girl and not the spiky headed demon. “If you give a good enough show, I might even let the girl go home.”

My eyes lock onto the carnivore that is preparing to pounce and my lips fumble for more time. “What happened to the rest of the pack?”

“What happened to the rest of your team?” Lips curl into a cruel smirk as the zookeeper mocks me. “The ones who helped you steal from me should be begging for it to end...” He glances up at the red numbers of the clock. “Right about now.”

How did he know about them? My chest tightens at the same time the hyena lunges towards me. I was the only one who went inside.

“Once I’ve dealt with you, it’s just the pet vampire and robot we have to worry about.” The taunt is barely heard as the beast brings me to the ground with it’s weight.

Her teeth gnash at my face. Rancid breath coats my skin and is accompanied by a shower of a warm drool.

One dagger has slipper from my grip in the tussle. But the second weapon in my left hand slashes into the animal’s flank.

If I thought the saliva was gross, the spray of hot scarlet is stomach churning. A yelp of pain follows my attack but the beast barely even seems to weaken. I think I just pissed her off!

Thankfully I’m not alone in this fight and Buffy is quick to react. Her sword proves sometimes size really does matter and skewers the hyena with a single thrust.

She must have severed the spine. Because the animal drops like it’s strings got cut and not even a whimper escapes it’s maw.

“What...” Shock pours out of the shaman as his greatest weapon was just felled by a teenage girl. “How?”

“I really should be thanking you.” Buffy pulls her blade free and shakes off the crimson. “This is twice in one night I got to save Doyle. A couple more like this and I’ll finally be even.”

Growling with frustration, the shaman grabs a pouch of powder from around his neck. “Even if you brought the vampire with you, that just leaves the rest even more likely to be dinner.”

Before I can get back to my feet or Buffy get more than two paces towards the guy, he throws a handful of yellow powder at the floor. It explodes in a cloud of foul smelling gas that completely blocks my vision.

Two sets of footsteps begin, only for one to be cut off by a painful sounding thud. Buffy’s coughing comes from below me and lets me know which of the two got out of building.

“That hurt.” Groans Buffy from the floor. “And I really hate this guy now. I’m never getting this stink out of my clothes.”

Unable to stop myself, I let a nerve wracking question enter her ears. “What about your hair? Will you have to cut it?”

An inarticulate scream of rage emerges with such vehemence, I actually take a few steps back from the furious Buffy. Her rage quickly turns into something useful though and she hops to her feet.

“The rest!” Her rage is contagious and fills me with a fire that burns away any aching in my body. “We have to protect your pack!”

Wait... What?

Note: Adebiyi is Nigerian for ‘the royal one’.​

15. Lillie Jones

DID BUFFY SUMMERS GET HYENA'D AT THE ZOO / (WHAT) JUST HAPPENED?
    While our duo gotten into the evil Zookeeper shaman and as usual the new girl Buffy Summers is underestimated again ,besides Buffy and Si Doyle took on the rogue Zookeeper at the Zoo itself and how he knew about the Scooby gang but missed Buffy Summers of course ( considering she just arrived in the Sunnydale town) as Supernatural Sunnydale world isn't aware of her yet but since Si Doyle was doing most of the work at the time for the Slayer previously mentioned, till altered cannon events came to be, But it seems Buffy Summers might have become Feral for the moment possibly to Si Doyle surprise and a few complications or not hmm? Besides Ensouled vampire Darla isn't a pet vampire ( as she probably viserate him ,if she heard that haha!)by the evil Zoo keeper .
    We'll see how it goes next time for Si Doyle and Scooby gang and Buffy 's ( Feral) episode in "Something to Atone For " at the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

16. Flightless Man

Buffy did indeed get possesed by the Alpha primal. I wanted my own plausible teansferance method and decided killing the hyena made sense.

Quite right on why Buffy is an unknown.

HA!

Dimarash likes this.
  17. Threadmarks: Interlude 17: Best Served Cold
    Flightless Man

Interlude 17: Best Served Cold
    After the newest employee locked up, Lex watched the Brit mutter to himself the entire way to the parking lot. The frustration directed towards his former teacher is all that spared the man. But the last part made him frown.

“Why does Buffy ring a bell?” Unable to place the name, Lex dismissed the problem for after his revenge.

With the clothing he snatched out of his friends’ lockers after school, Lex had ensured both of them would have no one left to turn to. Weirick had assured him the pack would spare those two and leave keep them captive until Lex arrived.

“Wait a second...” He growled as the answer suddenly struck him. “Isn’t she the girl Doyle is waiting for? The Slayer!”

Rage filled Lex’s cold body at his plans being screwed with yet again. Storming up to the museum, Lex torn the door clean off it’s hinges and tossed the cheap metal aside.

“Good thing we’re not the only people pissed off at you.” From memory he retraced his steps into the Inca exhibit and his newest recruit. “Just hope you aren’t mad about our little date.”

Once he smashed through the glass case somebody installed since his last visit, Lex grabbed the stone seal to the sounds of alarms. But that wasn’t the noise that interested the vampire.

Raspy breathes came from the sarcophagus as Cathryn Madison got used to her very old body. “What did you do to me?”

Clearly she remembered Lex’s face and raged at him. Her arms swung upwards in an attempt to grasp her fellow smirking corpse.

“You don’t have long before you need to feed. Probably shouldn’t waste it on screaming at me.” Before his eyes the mummified flesh started to crumble with each movement.

“Why are you here? Mock me in my final moments?” Shrewd thoughts flickered inside the witch’s mind.

Shaking his head, Lex refused to reveal anything important just yet. “You’re even crankier than I was when I first woke up. So let’s just wait for your midnight snack before we get down and dirty.”

“Unless you brought me a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader to switch into, I’m still out of your league.” The mummified mother rolled her eyes. “Unless of course you have that magic jacket somewhere.”

“Why don’t you feel my heartbeat, see how scared of you I am.” Lex placed her desiccated fingers on his chest and waited for the proper reaction.

An amused snort escaped the witch. “You’re dead too.”

“And I want the one responsible to suffer just as much as you do.” He explained everything about the plot to trap her in the mummy and how little he had to do with planning anything. “That was all Amy and the English teacher. But if she somehow survives the night, I promise you can have your revenge on the piggie.”

“You seem to have things well in hand. Why bother waking me except to gloat?” Feeling herself fall apart, Cathryn was starting to get desperate.

In an attempt to prop up her ego, Lex had no problem complimenting the mummy. “I need protection and you’re the only one I know more powerful than the witches Doyle has on hand. So I make you beautiful again and you make sure I’m safe from any pesky soul.”

A battle of wills was held between two sets of scowling eyes. But in the end, Cathryn couldn’t afford to waste anymore time and bowed her head.

“Fine.” Her hiss was full of venom. “Now keep your promise.”

“Just a few more seconds...” As he watched the shadowy hallway, Lex pointed to the flashlight now approaching. “Look at that. You get Italian food.”

Seeing two teens, the security guard approached with a sense of short lived relief. “This really isn’t the place to be hanging out you two. It’s not safe around here at night.”

“We know, thanks.” Face now distorted by vampiric ridges, Lex grabbed the terrified man around the throat and offered him to Cathryn. “I’m a demon of my word.”

Frantic to feast on the font of life force, Cathryn pulled the struggling man to her. “You could have at least broken his arms first.”

The words are followed almost immediately by a pair of snaps from each said limb. With screams filling the room as the custodian begged for his life.

“Only one of those to go around and sorry. But it’s mine now.” Snarled Cathryn as she pressed her withered lips to the man.

In seconds the process was over and the state of both involved had been swapped. Laying as nothing but dry bones and paper thin skin, the custodian was sealed inside the stone sarcophagus.”

“Really should have called in sick tonight.” Grinned Lex, as he took in the restored Cathryn’s new appearance. “You look better.”

“But it isn’t permanent...” Frowned the now beautiful witch. “Already I can feel myself falling apart.”

Weighing the odds of the gang being present, Lex allowed himself to chuckle darkly. “How about we hit the Bronze? It should be completely unguarded right now.”

“And on the way you’ll tell me about the others.” Cathryn doesn’t ask and demands the answers with a cold smile. “I need to know who I’ll be working with.”

“Claw is of my bloodline and serves as my second for now,” explained a flippant vampire. “And though Doctor Weireck has proven a useful shaman, I believe you shall make him redundant. But I hope you can take Tucker under your wing and help him summon something bigger than a gargoyle.”

“I guess they aren’t very useful as guards when they sleep at the same time as you.” A smirk grows at the irony of the fearsome looking creatures being bound to humanities will so many centuries ago.

“A demon hunter is being steered towards the teacher and should at least prove an amusing diversion.” Lex thought back on the notes he had started leaving in Morgan’s locker along with the ones for his beast friends. Should probably leave one for Cordelia and thank her for the name.

18. Lillie Jones

LEX ( XANDER BOY) PLOTS HIS NEFARIOUS PAYBACK PLANS( UNWARE OF BIGGER PLAYERS)HA !
    Whilst we caught up with our bad boy vamp Lex ( Xander) Harris was sending out the Shaman ( Hyena)( Feral episode)

previously revealed by him and new vamp partner Claw as he suddenly foiled again by the previous Seer Si Doyle and recent arrival of titular Buffy Summers Slayer with his mystery change of plans by releasing the Queen B Catherine Madison for his own witchy back up against the Scooby gang &Si Doyle with Doctor Wierick ,Tucker, which had our bad boy Lex thanks Morgan by leaving the notes on his locker and Cordelia for the name. While a mystery Demon hunter heads up the unsuspecting substitute teacher Si Doyle was much to Lex( Xander boy ) amusement for a likely diversion for Si Doyle and Scooby gang with Lex plotting in the shadows.
    We'll see how it goes next time for Si Doyle and Scooby gang in" Something to Atone For " at the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!
    P.S Amy vs Catherine Madison round 2
    FIGHT

19. Threadmarks: Chapter 83: Fading (Marcie)
    Flightless Man

Chapter 83: Fading (Marcie)
    For a new girl from the Hills, Buffy doesn’t seem nearly as snooty as I expected.” Willow gives our friends a cautious look as they arrive at the Sunset Club just as the sun gets low enough to cast long shadows everywhere.

“I was expecting someone just as bad as Cordelia.” Quick to agree, I have an obviously relieved tone to my voice. “But she actually listened to me. Kind of hard to believe she’s a superhero.” Cordy would have been a way better choice.

“Even harder to believe we helped save the city.” Jonathan’s voice doesn’t waver as much as it did last year.

Eyes shining with realization, Jesse snaps his fingers happily. “That kind of makes us all sidekicks, doesn’t it?”

“Think we should all get costumes?” The comment is just snarky enough that even McNally can catch on.

“Ha.” Arms cross as Jesse stares me down. “Ha.”

“Mister Doyle’s right, she really is the Slayer of dating.” Willow winks at me, sharing her own amusement at the rumour that has been spreading.

The words make Jesse go slack jaw in shock though. “What do you mean?”

“Word is the gossip started in the teacher’s lounge.” Letting a smirk appear, I turn it full force on the swimmer. “And I know I’ve been repeating it to everyone I know.”

“Is that why the guys on the team are all talking her friends up right now?” Conflicted feelings clash on Jesse’s face as he tries to decide if this is good news or not.

“No one wants to take a chance that they’re just this week’s flavour.” Green eyes shimmer with mischief as Willow hints at her own aid in spreading the gossip. “Cordelia might even get desperate enough to look at you pretty soon. I heard it’s been two weeks since she had a guy buy her drinks at the Bronze.”

Hearing that, Jesse has to call his best friend out on what he believes to be fibbing. “And how would you know that? You haven’t gone since November.”

“Science club friends.” Warren reminds us all they have them. “Chris’ brother used to date her and he’s been keeping an eye out for her.”

“Wait a second.” Face paling, Jon turns to me with that adorably confused expression. “... Isn’t he the one who pulled a Frankenstein?”

That sensation of feeling fully present in the moment is rare. But it never fails to arrive when Jonathan gives me his full attention.

“Says the guy still trying to move stuff with his mind.” Ever since Doyle said everybody was a little bit psychic, he’s been searching for a way to make himself stand out among our very special friends. “Seems like most of us could have a horror movie made about us.”

My comment is basically ignored by everyone and the conversation turns back to Buffy by the time we’ve reached the club. Like usual, I can feel something strange tingling just beneath my skin.

It’s kind of crowded tonight. What do you think is going on?” Jesse has to clear us a path to a corner with enough room for all of us.

“We’ve been invaded.” Over dramatic as always, Diego appears beside us in his green face paint and blue toothpicks. “Apparently Cordelia found out Lorne is here most nights and her friends have taken over the dance floor.”

Dance floor’ is stretching it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen people do anything but sway in sync down in the pit.

“Cordelia is here?” Jesse pathetically twists to get a better look at the crowd below. “Where?”

“The middle of all that.” Annoyed like I’ve never seen before, Diego’s glare could cut steel as he peers at the bodies in motion. “But she hasn’t broken any rules yet so I can’t even get Darla to kick them out.”

“Well if she keeps acting like her usual self, Cordelia is going to end up even lonelier than all of us.” Of course no one but Jon even seems to notice my words and I feel fade a little more into the background.

Willow doesn’t seem to realize I said anything and practically repeats my words only a few seconds later. When she says it, that’s when everyone finally lets out chuckles of laughter. At least they listen to me sometimes.

“I heard you.” Like the amazing guy he is, Jon whispers sweet words of support into my ear. “I always will.” The confidence he helps me find in myself pushes back the haze of self doubt once again.

“What do you think was watching us?” Breaking off from the larger group, Marcie follows her strangely confidant boyfriend to down the stairs. “At the graveyard I mean.”

His face twists into an uncomfortable wince. “I’m guessing it was Vander. He’s still leaving Jesse and Willow notes almost every night.”

“Willow’s at least still sharing when she gets a really bad one.” Guilt churns at the thought of how much more I could be doing. “But Jesse’s too ‘manly’ to talk about it with anyone I guess?”

“Pretty much. I only found out when I spent the night last weekend and caught him sneaking it out of the mailbox before his parents woke up.”

“When are we actually going to do something about the ass-hole?” It’s been months now and it seems like nobody has a plan to deal with him.

Jon shrugs uncomfortably as we start moving to the music, forced closer than we usually dance in public.Doyle and the others feel too guilty. I don’t think they want to come up with a plan.”

“Buffy never knew Xander.” I feel I have to point out the obvious. “Why don’t we ask her to take care of it? She can pay Doyle back and nobody has to feel like they killed a friend.”

“Why don’t you suggest it when she finishes up? She seemed to listen to you earlier.” His grin makes my heart beat even faster.​

20. Lillie Jones

Whilst we caught up with our resident Scooby gang side of things post Vander ( Lex) Xander boy, although everyone is unaware of his nefarious plans at the moment, including asking new bff Slayer Buffy Summers to stake him ( which shouldn't be too hard for the newest hometown Slayer Buffy and Scooby gang as well as the gang aware of Lex spiffy notes being left behind in Marcie POV,. While staking Lex ( Xander) Buffy Summers isn't a big deal her but unfortunately marred by unseen complications on Amy mom Catherine Madison involved in the schemed partnership with Lex.
    We'll see how it goes next time for our Si Doyle with Scooby gang in "Something to Atone For "at the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

21. Threadmarks: Chapter 84: Stepping Up (Jesse)
    Flightless Man

Chapter 84: Stepping Up (Jesse)
    Cordelia is here. “How do does my hair look?” At our club!

Even though I know Willow hates her to the same extreme I crave Cordelia, she’s my best friend and hints at the truth. “You should use a comb. Still got a few leaves in that mop.”

This is my chance. The words become a mantra as I try to ignore the snickering from my friends and head for the stairs.

Doyle’s words repeat in my mind as I catch sight of the Cordelia and the half dozen friends taking up most of the floor. Be direct with what I want and accept a no for what it is.

Instead of hanging around the edge of her group until I build up the nerve to say something stupid, my feet bring me right up to the girl of my dreams.

“Hey Jesse,” Harmony tries to get my attention not that I’m a somebody in her eyes. But I don’t even register the words and sidestep around her.

“Let’s dance.” My arm is stiff with what I hope looks like confidence as I hold it out. “Might even get you a drink after, if you don’t step on my feet.”

Her affronted looks is quickly replaced with a calculating one. Her piercing gaze puts me under the spotlight and I’m amazed to find I pass her muster. “Yeah, alright.”

“What brought you here tonight?” Swaying to the music, I can only hope she doesn’t feel the thundering of my heart.

I do a good enough job that Cordelia pulls me closer as the song ends. “Another one?”

“Well now you have to let me get you that drink.” Holy crap, she’s actually smiling.

“What, you going to try telling me you know someone behind the bar?” Cordelia allows me to bask in the radiance of her smirk. “Because I’m not falling for that one again. I’ll know if you just spike my drink.”

“Doyle’s sister is the bouncer. She wouldn’t mind slipping me a few.” At least I hope so after opening my stupid mouth. “Might even be able to get a whole tray sent over to your table if I time it right.” As in any time before Doyle gets here.

Well if that’s actually true, you’ve just earned a spot at the party this weekend.” She practically shoes me off with the promise a table will be claimed before I return.

It takes longer than normal to worm my way through the crowd and out the bomb shelter’s doors. Darla proves she’s way cooler than any of the teachers and lets me finish her smoke. Not even laughing when I choke and cough on the rank fumes in an attempt to impress.

“Drinking ages didn’t really exist back when I was alive.” Shrugs Darla when my shock becomes apparent. “And I got up to a whole lot more than that before I was your age. Who am I to be a hypocrite?”

“Well as far as I’m concerned, you’re the coolest adult I know!” She actually gets surprised enough by the words to let me pull her into a quick hug.

I’m about to head back inside when Darla grabs my elbow with a warning hiss. “We’re not alone.”

“What?” My eyes dart around the alley, bringing a sensation of dread when I see four sets of glowing amber eyes.

They’re all low to the ground and it’s clear they aren’t the usual fangsters. But it’s only when the blood curdling laughter begins that I have clue as to what the threat is.

“I’ve seen Lion King at least a hundred times at Willow’s house.” The lump in my throat is incredibly difficult to swallow. “I know what a hyena sounds like.”

“Get inside and tell Dennis I need some he-” She steps in front of me just as the shapes burst forth from the shadows.

Two of the beasts go for Darla. But that means the last pair is coming straight for me and I barely manage to throw myself inside before I get turned into manburger.

The narrow stairs are what save me, the circular descent means the hyenas have to follow me at a walk. My rolling body ends up sprawled on the upper walkway and startles the club goers into silence.

I don’t let it last long though and scream a warning. “Rabid dogs!”

It seems like people are going to ignore me. But when the first of the beasts makes it down the stairs, the screaming is picked up by everyone.

Holly is a girl I never really spoke more than fifty words to since I met her in grade three. But I’ll never get a chance to do so now that her throat’s been torn out by an animal.

She’s not the only person to get savaged by the hyenas. But she was the first to die and the rest all seemed to blend into each other.

Surging panic makes me leap over the railing and drop the twelve feet just as snapping jaws close where I had just been. My landing isn’t graceful in anyway and I end up tumbling onto my side with a groan.

“Cordelia!” I know my friends are together and will be able to keep themselves safe. “Where are you?” But Cordelia and her friends are completely clueless about the real dangers in Sunnydale and I need to get to them.

I find them cowering with the rest of the dancers as one of the animals descends to our level. With one escape blocked, only a few at a time manage to escape up the other set.

A yelp from above makes me grin in relief. Dennis must have gotten out of the kitchen.

With renewed confidence in our odds, I pull Xander’s pocket knife out. With a flick of my wrist, the loose blade is out. But really not ready for any kind of action.

Regardless of how useful the weapon is, it’s all I have at my disposal. Cordelia and her friends are left at the back of the line, finding popularity at school means nothing in the den of the outcasts.

As the snarling beast chomps down on Harmony’s ankle, the snooty blonde shrieks in agony. Two late to save her from harm, I try my hardest to at least save her life.

Throwing myself onto the animal, I stab into it’s neck repeatedly. The spray of warm blood makes it hard to keep my grip on the hyena’s fur.

But I refuse to let go until it lets go of Harmony and lays still at my shaking feet. It’s only when her mangled leg is free that I realize the screams from above are still going on.​

22. Threadmarks: Chapter 85: Animal Instinct (Willow)
    Flightless Man

Chapter 85: Animal Instinct (Willow)

Jesse's bellowed warning just before he threw himself over the railing like some kind of action hero is the only reason we had any time to react. While everyone else wasted precious seconds looking around confused, we knew Jesse wouldn't make something like that up.

Like we've been training, the Ghostbusters pulled out whatever weapons we had managed to smuggle inside. While I pulled out the trusty stun gun Fred had given me, Amy was already starting to chant her newest spell.

Jonathan's hands are barely even shaking when he pulls out his bear mace and steps in front of us. An equally terrified Warren takes only a second to do the same, the pitcher of iced tea clutched in his white-knuckled grip.

"What's going on?" My question is answered only moments later when three snarling balls of spotted fur burst down the stairs.

Screams fill the club as everyone tries to get away from the gnashing teeth. But instead of running like the genius I'm called, I follow my friends in a nerve wracked charge.

We aren't fast enough to stop the first two teens from getting mauled. But hopefully our intervention will let them make it to the hospital. If we survive.

I'm not sure if it's Amy's spell or just the abundance of prey. But the hyenas don't seem to even notice our approach.

At least they didn't until Marcie unleashed her inner savage. Her scream of rage has to be to psych herself up. Because I've never seen the meek girl throw herself into danger like this before.

She's not alone in her eagerness to act and I realize we've all been feeling that same guilt. We might have been able to save Doyle. But we just let Xander die and can't even put his body to rest.

The letters I get each morning are filled with the best memories we shared growing up and it's taken all my willpower to resist the call. Even though I know it's not Xander anymore, it's the closest I can ever have again.

None of us are willing to lose another friend, especially not so soon. So with that determination filling us, we show these animals just how savage people can be.

"Willow, now!" Warren smashes the pitcher over the nearest hyena's back and drenches it in the sugary liquid.

Catching on at once, I fire my crackling prongs into the animal. It's howl of pain is so human I almost let go of the trigger. But when I see a scarlet Marcie roaring with fury above the other beast, I know I can't let my friends down again.

I don't stop until the charge runs dry and the body in front of me is smoking. "... Did I get it?"

The adrenaline doesn't leave like it usually does and in fact it feels like I got a huge surge of energy myself. Probably should have let go sooner.

Except I don't feel hurt or even sore in anyway. I feel better than I ever have.

While my friends check the injured, the braver teens start to approach the bodies. But my eyes are reserved for two people, making me growl in anger at the sight of the so close together.

Jesse carries a whimpering Harmony up the stairs and I can't hold in my smirk of delight. Why did I ever let Cordelia make me feel so small?

She has such a feeble pack and ours is only growing stronger. With Buffy backing us up we could even dethrone the bitch, the Slayer has experience with popularity.

Even if I don't approve of his current company, I can't deny it's incredible to see how confidant Jesse looks. If only Xander could have seen us. He would have been so proud of me tonight.

Except he's gone and not coming back. Marcie is right, Vander needs to go.

The plan grows in my head and I know how easy it would be for Jesse and I, to turn the open invitation into another trap. Get him alone, tell him we accept the gracious offer, and turn him into ash.

Of course my brain can never stop and I'm hit by a random idea I'll need to ask the Brachen about. Are vampires where the whole spontaneous combustion thing came from?

"That was really fast thinking Warren." I give my friend a dismissive look realizing something about him just smells off.

"I'm just glad it work-" He trails off awkwardly when he realizes I'm not paying attention.

My nose directs me to Marcie who does give me that feeling she belongs. Something I must admit I hadn't really believed before.

It's the same sensation I get when I make eye contact with Jesse and he smirks knowingly. We need to find the other two!

He nods and practically drops the cripple on one of the leather couches. Marcie doesn't even need a signal and follows the pair of us up the stairs, our friends' desperate calls are of course ignored.

We almost make it outside before a pain in our souls makes all three of us howl in anguish. Five has become four.

As a pack we recover quickly. But I know the Alpha needs us. She's alone.

None of us give our friend's fallen body in the alley even a second glance. We know the essence is gone and only bones remain.

But the vampire whore is definitely confused when we ignore her pinned beneath the body. Without a single look in Darla's direction, all three of us begin the hunt for our missing Alpha.

23. Lillie Jones

JESSE 'S STEP UP ( XANDER 2.O) !
    While we catch up with our resident Si Doyle and Scooby gang in the Bronze Hotspot, which had Cordelia Chase & Jesse hanging out with each other post Vander ( lex) ,as Jesse told Cordelia Chase that Doyle sister Darla was an unexpected" in " at the Bronze and got free drinks for now, but completely Buffy Summers better than they expected her to be less snooty than the Scooby gang thought she was since Buffy Summers arrival in Sunnydale town.
    Meantime, Jesse said that ensouled Darla vampire was the" Coolest "adult in town ,along with making her feel better ( as Darla brusquely mentioned that she got into more trouble than the current Sunnydale high school generation in her time) .
    Erstwhile the Primal Hyena spirits attacked the Bronze as Darla warned him to get the others as Jesse avoided most of the Super powered Hyenas pack,but showed up with surprising attack prowess using the( trusty )pocket knife to kill the Hyena attacking the his school friend at the Bronze and saving Harmony but not Tracy ( by acquaintance) at school. Including more Hyenas chaos for the Scooby gang at the moment and probably a little help from Hyena'd Buffy Summers Slayer powers and Giles knowledge to destroy the Prime Hyena pack of course with the Shaman. My best speculation guess?
    We'll see how it goes next time for our Si Doyle with Scooby gang in" Something to Atone For "at the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

24. Lillie Jones

THE PACK IS HUNTING / ( ALPHA BUFFY SUMMERS) SEARCH/ ANIMAL INSTINCT !
    Whilst we catch back up with our rest of the Scooby gang at the Hyena attack on the Bronze place,beforehand we Willow POV, along with some surprising savage determined Scooby gang on the loss of post Xander boy affecting them but not completely putting him to rest ( wasn't happening for Willow anytime soon, ) and the guilt was there and Xander boy was gone ( vampire remained) in his place,including the letters he was sending out the rest of the Scooby gang.
    Although Scooby gang thought they got the Hyena pack for the moment till they had to become the Hyena pack themselves unfortunately as Willow was a very proud of Jesse somewhat heroic transition but didn't expect the Hyena possession of the Scooby gang at the Bronze as they went to search for Alpha Buffy Summers at Sunnydale town and leaving behind a little confused ( but she still felt something of f about and the teenagers after the Hyena attack) pinned Ensouled vampire Darla POV, at the front of the Bronze entrance.
    We'll see how it goes next time for our Si Doyle with Scooby gang in "Something to Atone For " in the Feral episode continues at the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

25. Threadmarks: Chapter 86: Blunt as a Beast (Buffy)
    Flightless Man

Chapter 86: Blunt as a Beast (Buffy)
    With the hunt unfinished, my body still boils with tension as I follow the wise male back out of our prey’s den. He is completely focused on our surroundings. Like my chosen should be. Leaving me free to observe him in safety.

Not as powerful. Dismissing him as ever being able to physically challenge me, I still crave his experience. He knows how our prey thinks and he has done nothing but support me.

“You feeling alright?” See, his first instinct is to check on me. “It looks like you’re the one who got rag-dolled.”

He doesn’t smell like pack. I grin to myself as I let the scents’ of the night waft over me. That just means he’s safe to breed with.

“Still excited.” My words have taken on a feral tone and my eyes narrow on him. “Help me relax.” You are acceptable.

“That’s why everyone else is waiting for you at the club.” He clearly doesn’t get my subtlety and forces me to turn up the heat.

“Pack will find us.” He scowls at the word choice. “We have time to play first.”

Shaking his head, it’s clear I’m going to be forced to show him his place. “What are you talking about? We have to stop the rest of the animals before somebody gets hurt.”

“Don’t care. Want you now.” Shrugging at his annoyance, I approach with a confidence I’m not sure why Doyle used to sap from me.

“That’s not funny Buffy.” His scowl grows and brings a growl to my throat. No one denies me.

“Not joking.” He realizes I’m going to do something far too late to stop me from slamming a palm into his chest.

The ‘oomph’ he makes is followed by a series of breathless gasps as Doyle groans on the ground. But even in a position that should leave him helpless, my opponent doesn’t make my job easy.

Struggling like the warrior he’s proven himself, I actually find myself unable to pin him. The sudden surge in strength from allowing his true self to emerge is nearly equal to my own and allows him to force me away.

“So I’m assuming you’re not just Buffy anymore?” Panting from the effort, Doyle hastily creates some distance between us.

“I feel great.” What are you talking about? “Better than I have since the day I was called.”

My gaze narrows as I assume it to be just another one of the tricks he uses to fight stronger prey. He watches my every move and I can see concern mixed with wariness. Does he fear me?

Even though my nose lacks his finesse, I don’t get any sense that he’s scared. Just wary about what our mating dance is going to look like.

“It’s time we stopped pretending the regular will ever do for either of us.” Strutting forward, I watch his eyes dart frantically for an escape. “We belong together.” One I’m not going to provide.

“You’re clearly under the influence of something...” His concern for me is touching, if incredibly misplaced right now. “Otherwise you’d never be saying stuff like this.” That’s what you think.

When he looks away for just a moment, I pounce towards him for round two. But it was just a trap to lure me in and I gasp out in pain, the air suddenly forced from my lungs as his knee drives upwards.

“Really sorry about this Buff. But no way I could have done that if you felt fine.” He pants above me and waits for my next move.

He may be placid most of the time. But it’s the moments where blood is pumping that he really shows how cunning a predator he is. Our young will be strong and smart.

“I’m not falling for that again.” I grin even wider as he keeps his distance. “You pulled the same thing last time we sparred.”

Flipping onto my feet right off of my back would normally have strained me. But tonight I don’t even feel a twinge in my joints and bonce at my chosen.

Our tango lasts far longer than I would like and when I hear the mournful howls of my pack, I know my time is up. “Just when I was getting excited.”

“Just calm down and let’s get you to Jenny. She should be able to think of something.” He looks down and mumbles something about drawing a blank himself. “No need to put me on a watch list.”

“I can keep a secret...” It’s you who keeps making people share.

“This isn’t up for debate. You’re my student and the imbalance of power will always be wrong!” Frantic to convince, his arms flail for emphasis.

I notice he never said anything about a lack of feelings and grin wide enough to nearly split my face. “So if I drop out it will be okay?” I don’t need math to hunt and you can tutor me in English if you really think it’s important.

“Of course not!” Frantic desperation pours off him and it’s a delight to know I’m the only one who can make his face contort in such terror. He’s learning his place.

“Why didn’t Angel warn me about this?” Once again he mutters to himself and I get annoyed at his obvious distraction. Focus on me!

No matter how much I want to finish our dance, I force myself to slink away. The pang I ignored when one of the pack fell, has become nearly impossible to remain numb to. The pack needs to mourn our lose.

“See you at school.” Fun can be had tomorrow night. “If I decide it’s worth it.” After we hunt.

He tries to block my escape. But once I pick up speed it’s impossible for him to catch up. Mom better still have leftovers.

Skybrain, Dimarash, Darkban and 8 others like this.
  26. Lillie Jones

Ahh shucks Why didn't Angel ( Anne Steele) warn me about this!
    Probably because she saw something completely different from her vision perspective on the Feral episode in Sunnydale town high school, which had Blunt Buffy Summers is the best Buffy without the filter ( and doing the mating tango dance) fighting ensued with the Feral Buffy Summers was a great flashback (callback) in the previous cannon events, As Si Doyle sometimes was a little bit slow on the uptake of Hyena Buffy Summers but not completely ignorant of her feelings either because of the student &teacher dynamics between them in Sunnydale high ( though she considering you worthy mating material for Feral Buffy & regular Buffy Summers POV for sure and Si Doyle can still be sometimes surprised by the most of the Sunnydale characters actions though with his supposed learning curve by the way. Besides Alpha Buffy pack is calling and a possible bad boy Sunnydale gang is on the loose till Jenny Calendar figure out how to unprocesse the power ful Hyenas Teenagers in Sunnydale high school town and still more Sunnydale Supernatural shenanigans to come officially now that rest of season 1 is starting to pick up at the moment. My best speculation guess?
    We'll see how it goes next time for Si Doyle and Scooby gang in Feral episode Sunnydale drama continues in "Something to Atone For " at the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

27. Threadmarks: Interlude 18: After Curfew
    Flightless Man

Interlude 18: After Curfew
    Instead of just the handful of question Rupert expected. He instead found himself hit with one after another. Joyce is certainly being thorough.

The conversation wore down the well educated man as tension filled hours passed by. What’s taking Buffy so long?

It was just supposed to be a standard patrol. He kept his face from showing his inner thoughts and allowed Joyce to rant once she had repeated her concerns for the fourth time. Which of course means Allen sprung something else on her.

Don’t know if it was kindness or a well devised torture. But I do appreciate him not just telling my Slayer about the Cruciamentum. That would have destroyed any trust Buffy had in me.

“This is just an awful lot of money...” The mother’s face scrunched up in concern for what could be asked down the road. “I don’t really know how to feel about her handsome young teacher just handing a check to her.”

“As far as I have been able to gather,” In an attempt to smooth things over, Rupert shared his own feelings on the half demon. “He saw a horrible future and is trying to prevent it anyway he can.”

This almost convinced the mother. “But why is he so focused on my daughter and her friends?” Almost.

“I believe she was supposed to die around now.” Not able to verify the details, the Watcher could only stare down the shocked Joyce. “Even if his interest is more than innocent, you can at the very least be assured it’s genuine. He cared enough to face a thousand year old vampire in place of your daughter.”

“So why doesn’t he handle all of this monster stuff?” Not about to discount the possibility, Joyce threw her arms up in frustration. “He’s a freak, let him deal with the rest of the ghouls!”

“The ‘freaks’ as you call them will be able to find your daughter anywhere.” Rupert scowled at the choice of words. “They all stand a better chance of living to retirement age if we work together.”

The grim knowledge of how long Buffy needs to survive filled Giles with determination. Two years, seven months, one week, and four days.

Buffy will break the record for longest lived Slayer. She will have have children... Friends... A future.

His grim mood is shattered when the front door of Revello drive slams open. Revealing the very subject of the adults discussion, something is... off about her.

“Buffy?” Joyce glance at her daughter before letting he eyes slide to the three familiar teens with her. “Just because I know about the monsters, does not mean you get to just forget all my rules. Like how I told you to be home an hour ago.”

Something in her tone cuts right through the possessed teen’s haze and instills a spark of fear that makes her lower her eyes. “Was hunting. Hungry now?”

“Rupert had some of the leftovers. I don’t know if we still have enough for a Buffy sized plate.” Smirked Joyce.

But when her child let out a hate filled snarl and directed it towards at the man on her couch, Joyce was very taken aback. “Buffy! What’s gotten into you?”

“That was my food...” The Slayer sniffed the air and hissed when she caught the scent of her dinner all over Giles’ tweed suit.

“If you’re that hungry,” Snorted a not very amused mother. “Why didn’t you and your friends get a pizza or something? You apparently all have more money than I do.”

“Smart Mom.” Eyes wide with excitement, Buffy prowled towards the phone.

Shocked at the vocabulary on display, Joyce turned to her fellow adult. “Is she always like this after a...” She blinked a few times, trying to remember the correct terminology. “Hunt?”

“Patrol,” Corrected Giles. “And she’s usually worked up quite the appetite. But I would have expected them to get fast food like she usually insists I stop for.”

Buffy’s friends followed her inside despite Joyce’s annoyance. With all three lounging on the nearest available piece of furniture.

“Which kind of meats?” Holding the phone tight enough to crack the pastic, Buffy hissed for input form her pack.

“Ham!” Willow almost bellowed with predatory delight. “Never get to have it.”

A grin filled Buffy’s face. “Yes.”

Jesse seemed to think his idea was far superior though and bluted out his own answer. “Pepperoni!”

“More yes...” Everyone could hear the Slayer’s stomach belt out a tune of starvation.

“All of them.” Marcie spoke up and everyone heard her this time, with Joyce letting out a gasp at the blood still staining the girl’s face.

Buffy didn’t care about the crimson and threw up a triumphant fist. “All the yes!”

“I think one of us should call Allen,” Coughed Giles in an attempt to avoid the teens notice.

It failed of course. But they all pretended to miss the whispers.

“So this isn’t normal?” Glared Joyce as she was at a complete loss. “You have no idea what’s wrong with Buffy?”

“That’s why I really need to use the phone once she’s done with it.” Nodded a grim Giles, his eyes locked on the nearly destroyed device in Buffy’s grip. “As long as it survives the call.”​

28. Lillie Jones

"WE'RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER PHONE" SAID GILES ,HA!
    While we catch up with our resident Watcher Giles with Joyce Summers is still digesting the supposed supernatural world shenanigans in Sunnydale town and Giles found that the Buffy Summers is longest lived Slayer by 2 yrs ,7 months, 1 week, and 4 days by his estimate by former Seer Si Doyle by trying to unsuccessfully prevent a horrible future.
    Anyway Buffy Summers but wasn't herself as Giles and Joyce Summers noticed that right after the rest of the Scooby gang arrived for a meaty meal with the mostly having the ravenous appetite for tonight and Giles worked something was wrong but Teenagers ( pretend not here) them but Giles tried to get the phone so Si Doyle can explain the Hyena possessions situation at the moment.
    As long the phone call survives this conversation( Not )but doesn't seem to be going this way at all by Joyce & Giles in the Summers house hold at least
    We'll see how it goes next time for Si Doyle and Scooby gang in "Something to Atone For "in Feral episode Sunnydale drama with Giles and Joyce Summers at the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

29. Flightless Man

That's the Council's record for longest Slayer (I made up the length, since we know 1 year is already rare and by season 4 Buffy is declared the record holder.)

30. Threadmarks: Chapter 87: Recuperating
    Flightless Man

Chapter 87: Recuperating
    This is all my fault. It’s hard to ignore the truth as my frantic legs drag me down the street.

Screams greet my ears before I even make it to the alley and I push past the burning in my lungs. I pissed of a shaman willing to kill Willow and never even thought to check up him afterwards.

It’s been long enough that people in the alley are finally starting to realize the ambulances aren’t going to come. At least not while it’s still dark out.

Prioritize victims! My first aid training kicks in and sends me into action.

My shirt gets wrapped around a pale and shivering Harmony. I know it’s serious because she doesn’t even make a sultry comment and just gasps out her thanks.

“At least you can finish the job.” Cordelia is one of the first who seems to have regained her usual snark. “Jesse just dropped her on the floor and left with the girls.”

Jesse left with girls? As in more than one of them?

But before I get carried away with ideas, I realize what the hyena’s body means. I know who Buffy’s pack is.

Tales of Marcie, Jesse, and Willow have painted the trio as some kind of gang. With the rumours growing with each retelling, I know it’s useless to even bother correcting people.

“Diego!” Calling out to the junior who seems to be trying to hide his face from me as, I keep my tone firm as I give directions. “Get anyone with a car to drop someone off at the hospital before they go home.”

“But what if they don’t want to?” He’s not really the most resolute and I can tell he’s wavering already.

Fine, I’ll find someone who can. “Can somebody be useful right now?” Desperate enough to plead, I don’t care who hears me.

Cordelia notices the crowd has been thinning out now that it’s safe and steps up. She takes charge of the stragglers and successfully manages to get rides for anyone still bleeding.

My last words to the determined teen make her flash me a dazzling smile. “No homework for the rest of the month. Thank you.”

She looks away and mumbles something anyone normal would have missed. “It’s what Xander would have done.”

Jonathan and Warren are currently in the process of confronting a distraught Angel about why she didn’t warn them. While Amy is at least staying neutral and trying to give my ward a chance to explain herself.

“Maybe we’d get an answer if you shut up long enough for her to finish a sentence!” The slap that follows leaves a red hand print on Warren’s face.

Dennis tries to intervene on our seer’s behalf. But I guess it’s pretty hard for his opinion to have much weight when he was in the kitchen for most of the action.

“Just calm down and we can figure this out. Allen and Buffy should be here any minute.”

“Just me I hope.” Really don’t want to get my ass kicked by a Primal Slayer tonight. “You okay?”

It’s a general question. But I direct it at Angel’s tear streaked face and offer empathy only a former seer could.

“Why didn’t I get a vision about this?” She chokes out the words and can’t understand why any Power would let this happen. “What’s the point of even having them?”

“How many have you had?” My voice is soft with tenderness I know she needs.

Shrugging feebly, she gives the question a bit of thought. “Maybe a couple dozen.”

“And how many people did you help me save?” I know from experience that Angel knows the exact number to each question I’m asking.

“Thirty two...” Her posture stops folding in on itself quite so much and I know I’ve struck gold.

I give her a proud nod. “So even if the visions aren’t perfect...”

Groaning at where I lead the conversation, Angel finishes for me. “We can’t really ignore any of the ones I do get.”

“We just need to stop relying on them for all our planning.” Guess it is time to share whats coming up the next few years.

I am going to do a bit more investigating though. Really not liking how close tonight was, I’m starting to wonder if it was some kind of payback.

Now the only question is if it was interference, either of divine or demonic persuasion. Of course it’s always possible tonight just slipped through the cracks.

Angel Investigations got hit by surprises all the time so I can’t discount the possibility. But I also know Wolfram and Hart managed to hijack the visions Cordelia got. Really makes it hard to do more than guess right now when I have no clues to go off.

“What happened to Marcie?” The growl of frustration that comes out of Jonathan is fierce enough to stop the discussion in it’s tracks.

“As far as I can tell, anyone who killed a hyena got possessed by a Primal spirit.” I assume I’m about to be asked for an explanation. But Amy takes over in an interesting twist.

“The ones we apparently dealt with in October?” Her gaze sharpens with interest. “But why didn’t Darla get taken over?”

That comment only gets the waiting vampire to scoff. “My demon wasn’t going to let some beast take over.”

“But you can confirm something tried?” That means we really do need to talk to Jenny.

“And failed miserably.” Darla meets my waiting stare with her own irritated glare. “I better not end up with fleas or you will regret it.”

Bickering flies for at least half an hour and the stench of blood covers the presence of our observer. So well in fact, that neither Darla or I are aware we had one until we see fresh tracks in the crimson puddles.

“Jenny should hopefully be able to figure something out.” Giles was able to manage after just a few days study. “And if she can’t, the Watcher probably can cobble something together.”

“Without killing any of them. Right?” Warren broaches the topic carefully. Knowing full well we’re intending on getting rid of a possessed Xander, I guess he’s grown attached enough to raise the issue.

Closing my eyes and counting to ten doesn’t really help. But it does makes it seem like I’ve given the issue a whole lot more thought. “Of course. I didn’t die for Buffy just to kill her a few months later.”

“Are you and Willow still working on the dogs?” Amy’s eyes shine with inspiration.

“Kind of stalled out on the project when Miss Calendar said I wouldn’t be able to get my dog’s spirit.” Shrugging awkwardly, Warren reveals his goal was just to reclaim his childhood pet. “Just have the prototype.”

Ignoring the negatives, Amy hones in what matters to her plan. “But does it work the same as Dennis and his shell?”

“Essentially.” Nods Warren, understanding starting to appear on his face. “Which means-”

“You’re going to have three extremely pissed off Primals gunning for us.” Forced to interrupt before they get too carried away, I reveal the other problem with the idea. “And how do we decide?” Choose the wrong one at the wrong time and the teen might get devoured by an angry pack.