1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tanya’s Hogwarts Adventures (Youjo Senki, Harry Potter)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Half_Baked_cat, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Ironau

Ironau Getting sticky.

according to google, Tenya Ginsei roughly translated is hand made of silver.
    Tenya = hand
    Ginsei = made of silver.

that maybe interesting foreshadowing.

2. Daemon Targaryen

Daemon Targaryen Reject degeneracy, embrace wholesome and tragedy

I hope you will post the others chapters.

3. randomchance

randomchance I like words

I just binge read everything up until now, I didn't know I needed this story in my life but I totally do.

4. Jubjub3000

Jubjub3000 Versed in the lewd.

This is really good and I hope it continues! I wonder if Tanya will try and fly without a broomstick or wand? Or try use an explosion spell?

CMDR Dantae and Blaze5x5x5 like this.
  5. Threadmarks: Like the Ones I Used to Know
    Half_Baked_cat

Half_Baked_cat Know what you're doing yet?

Tanya Degurechaff

I was expecting to awaken on December 25th to an empty room, go down to see how Christmas was celebrated by those historically ostracized by fearful suspicious fools, before returning to the Common Room, cozying up close to the fire with a borrowed book from the library.

I did wake up alone, but not to an empty bed. The foot of the bed was covered in presents to the point of spilling onto the floor. I took a moment to decide if I should take the presents down to the Common Room to open with Harry and the Weasley brothers.

The first gift I opened in the privacy of my room turned out to be a sweater from Mrs. Weasley. An oversized green monstrosity with red flowers on it, some sort of orchid if I was not mistaken. I was practically swallowed by the fluffy warm sweater as I put it on. Along with the sweater was a box of fudge. Taking a piece as I grabbed a piece of parchment and quill to write who got me what to ensure I appropriately thanked them, I found the fudge to be rather agreeable as a snack.

The next package was from Hermione and was a small case of chocolate frogs. I wrote down a note about Hermione’s gift and slid the chocolate stash under my bed for later enjoyment.

Having opened two of the smaller gifts, I allowed my curiosity to take me to the largest gift. An impressively sized box wrapped in a beautiful and ornate paper and a bow that felt like it might be made from an actually good quality fabric. Pulling out the attached letter I saw that this present was from Malfoy. The letter contained an apology for his behavior and his desire to start over as friends.

I made a note to let him know his apology was accepted. After opening the gift, I added an additional note to make it clear that while I was open to his friendship, I was still not interested in a romantic relationship with him.

There was a reasonable guess that he simply had no sense of the value of his gift to an orphan without wealthy parents. The gift was a beautiful coffee set for preparing and serving Turkish style coffee. A small pot with a long handle for boiling the grounds in water before pouring into the coffee cups. All of it was in a very ornate silver with swirling filigree patterns, including a serving tray and small dish.

Turkish coffee was not my favorite preparation for coffee. The texture of the unfiltered coffee was much thicker and fuller, almost as if it was a latte made with coffee flavored heavy cream. I preferred a pour over or drip style of filtered coffee. An Americano if I was to get an espresso based drink.

With that said, I did develop some fondness for the almost ritualistic yet casual way the coffee shops in the Middle East would handle their coffee in the Turkish style. Going to a coffee shop was to talk and slowly enjoy coffee over the course of an hour at minimum with the other patrons. I would happily make use of this set… if I had any beans or a grinder capable of getting fine enough grounds. Currently, Malfoy had given me a very fine display piece with no practical purpose.

I underlined my note to accept Malfoy’s apology.

The next gift was unsigned, though the handwriting looked familiar. Opening the gift confirmed my suspicions. I could think of one person that might have given me a bag of chocolate covered coffee beans. If he wanted to be circumspect in gifting the beans, I was willing to be circumspect when I thanked him later.

The last two gifts were from Lavender and Parvati. A chocolate bar from a brand I was unfamiliar with, but looked to be of decent quality from Lavender and a small bag of coffee beans from Parvati. I made notes to express my appreciation to the two before wandering down to the common room.

After the holiday feast was done, perhaps I should ask Madam Pince if she knew which book would contain a charm for grinding items into a powder. Turkish coffee required the beans to be very finely ground, to a similar consistency to flour. In theory, I could use the mortar and pestle used for my potions class, but that risked cross contamination and I didn’t know if the portion ingredients were safe to consume outside of a potion meant for consumption.

“Look Percy, even Troll Crusher got a sweater,” one of the Weasley twins said as he helped push Percy down. Fred judging by the large yellow F on his blue sweater.

“Her name is Tanya,” Percy said as he struggled to get his arms the right way through his sweater.

“I do not mind their nickname for me,” I told Percy with a smile. “Considering Gryffindor is supposedly the house of the brave, Troll Crusher seems appropriately Gryffindorish and is more preferable to some call signs I have received in the past.”

“What nicknames bother you?” Ron in his maroon sweater asked from behind his brothers, coming down the stairs with Harry.

I put a little edge into my smile and voice as I told them, “I would greatly prefer it if none of you ever called me Fairy or Pixie.”

Seeing everyone nodding their heads in agreement, I decided to change the topic to something more pleasant than a few annoying call signs I previously had.

“Everyone satisfied with their Christmas gifts?”

“Yeah, the haul was great,” Ron said as he went to drop his body onto one of the couches. “Bloody hell, Harry even got a gift from that git Malfoy.”

“He apologized for his behavior when he was leaving at the start of the holiday break,” Harry said, taking a seat next to Ron.

“I received an apology with the gift he sent me as well,” I said before directing my next statement at Ron. “Mr. Malfoy seems to have gained an understanding that his attempts at friendship were poorly done and he wishes to start over. I believe we should be willing to accept his offer of friendship and help him learn how one befriends others.”

“You’re going to become friends with a snake?” George, going by the G on his sweater, said.

“Don’t let Wood hear. He might think the little snake is a spy,” Fred said.

“Knock it off you two,” Percy said, looking annoyed at his brothers. “I think it is good that they are putting their differences aside and appropriately networking.”

“Thank you,” I said to Percy. There was much Ron could still learn from each of his older brothers. “Shall we head down to breakfast?”

Breakfast was a small affair, nearly a light snack, as the older Weasleys suggested that Harry, Ron, and myself save space for the Christmas Dinner. The Dinner turned out to be a lavish lunch of turkey, roasts, sausages, potatoes, and so much more all set on platters and separated by piles of magical Christmas Crackers. A few years at the orphanage we would be lucky enough to receive enough of the non magical Crackers for all the children to have fun with the holes inside and the paper crowns and little toys. The magical versions were similar in many ways, but the magic produced a louder bang when cracked open and the hats were not simple little paper crowns, but actual hats. As silly as I no doubt looked, I put on the top hat that I got out of one of the Crackers. Even the toys were more elaborate and included sets of Wizard Chess pieces, decks of cards, and other more substantial toys and games than should be able to fit inside such small tubes.

The Great Hall was full of laughter and cheer as the teachers let their hair down and, if Mr. Hagrid was any indication, partook in a few adult beverages that I would have to wait a few years before I could once again partake in the joy of.

After the meal, the boys convinced me to go outside to ‘enjoy’ the snow with them. The snowball fight ended up being unfairly boys versus girl. Just because I had better aim than any of them didn’t mean they had to gang up on me like that. After managing to dodge for a while I convinced them to help me build a snowman that we left my hat on before heading inside to warm up by the common room fire.

Talking with Percy, I found he actually had the grinding spell I was looking for in one of his books. The twins were interested in learning the spell as well, seeing the benefit for their potion making. I got the coffee Parvati had gifted me to practice on and after a few attempts the three of us were able to get a decent amount of grounds fine enough to use with the Turkish set Malfoy got me.

Percy ended up being the only one to join me in actually enjoying the coffee, though Harry was kind enough finish the sample before saying it was too bitter for him.

All told, the secular manner the holiday seemed to be celebrated in the Magical Community, if today was any indication, was far more enjoyable than spending most of the day in Church services.

—-

Harry Potter

It was late at night when Harry remembered the gift from the mysterious person, the invisibility cloak that had once belonged to his dad. Looking over to the other occupied bed, Harry decided to move quietly as he went over to where he had left the cloak, underneath his bed. Pulling it out, Harry stroked the smooth material. Smoother than silk and lighter than air. The note with the cloak has said it was his father’s and that he should use it well.

Looking to Ron, Harry got a small smile on his face. They would use it together later, but for tonight Harry wanted to experience it himself. It was his cloak and he wanted to have it by himself.

Throwing the fabric on and not seeing his reflection in the mirror, Harry crept downstairs and through the Fat Lady’s portrait into the hall outside the Gryffindor Common Room. Harry thought for a moment where to go before letting his feet guide him through the halls. There was nowhere specific he needed to see, but the castle looked so different at night and empty of people. The portraits were asleep for the most part with only a few nocturnal ones still awake. He passed the Fat Friar and Grey Lady having a conversation in one hallway.

Snape was out. Harry turned a corner and saw the potions professor drinking from a steaming mug alone in a hallway. Harry saw Snape turn towards him and seem to look directly at him before turning back to his drink. Harry slowly went the other way, moving as quietly as he could. Seeing a door ajar, Harry slipped through into an unused classroom.

The desks and chairs were pushed against one wall and the room had a feel of being used for storage to Harry. Especially with a large standing mirror in one corner. With a smile, Harry crept closer to the mirror, wanting to look in the mirror again and not see himself standing there.

With a gasp, Harry whirled around before looking back at the mirror with his fist in his mouth to keep from making any noise that might carry to where Snape was.

The mirror did not show the empty classroom Harry was in. The the reflective surface displayed a crowd of people with Harry in the middle. The red haired lady behind Harry was within reach if Harry could just touch her. Stretching back while watching the mirror, Harry found he was still by himself, invisible, in the middle of an unused classroom, regardless of what the mirror showed.

Looking closer at the two closest to him in the mirror, Harry’s eyes grew misty.

“Mom? Dad?”

Harry looked around at the other people and realized they were his family. He stood there quietly, soaking in their presence until he heard a noise that broke his focus. Looking around, Harry knew he had to get back to bed soon.

The next morning Harry told Tanya and Ron about what he saw.

“You could have woken me up,” Ron said crossly.

“You can come tonight. I’m going back. I can show you the mirror,” Harry said.

“Or we can go now,” Tanya said, getting up. “We don’t have to be anywhere specific right now and can do what we want. And if we want to look at a mirror in an empty classroom, no one can stop us. If we go at night, we could get in trouble for being out after curfew.”

Harry smiled and agreed, getting up to grab some warm clothes as they would be leaving the warm Common Room to explore the rest of the much colder castle.

It took the group a while following Harry as he tried to remember how to get back to the room. Harry got in front of the mirror and pointed at it.

“Look, they’re there.”

“I only see you,” Ron said.

“Maybe you need to look at it from the right angle, come over here. Now do you see my family?”

“No.” Ron paused and just stared at himself in the mirror. When he resumed speaking his voice was barely above a whisper, as if he couldn’t believe what he was seeing. “Look at me.”

“Do you see your family?”

“No. I just see myself, but I’m older. And I’m Head Boy.”

Tanya moved to stand beside Ron, looking at the mirror.

Harry felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end as Tanya gasped at what she saw. Looking at her, Harry saw her eyes shimmering as a tear began rolling down her cheek.

Harry’s neck itched.

Tanya moved closer to the mirror, lightly touching the surface as she looked up at the inscription at the top.

“What do you see?” Ron asked Tanya.

“Socks.”

“Socks?”

“Just, just leave it at that. Please.” Tanya’s voice was softer than Harry had ever heard it before. “That explains it.”

“ ‘What?’ ” Harry and Ron asked at the same time.

Tanya pointed towards some words on the mirror’s frame that Harry hadn’t noticed before now. “The inscription here is backwards. As if transcribed by looking in a mirror. ‘I show not your face, but your heart’s desire’.”

“So you desire socks?” Harry flinched at Ron’s question.

“I do not want to discuss what I desire. I cannot have it, but you can have yours.” Tanya turned to Ron. “If you work hard, your desires are achievable. I can help you, but you will have to put in the effort.”

Ron nodded and Tanya went to stand next to him, looking into the mirror as if seeing what he saw.

“Is being Head Boy all you see? Or do you desire more?”

“No. No, I am also holding the House and Quidditch Cups. And I am the Quidditch Captain.”

“When Wood gets back, we will talk to him about you apprenticing under him as captain and getting you up to speed as a reserve player.”

“Thanks,” Ron said.

Turning towards Harry, Tanya fixed her gaze upon him. “What is in the past should be left there. There is no bringing back the dead, no matter how much we may hate it.”

Tanya left the room.

Ron was the one to break the silence they stood in. “She did not see socks in the mirror.”

Harry felt he knew what, or rather who, Tanya saw in the mirror, but it was not his place to speculate about their friend.

“I’m heading back to the Common Room. You coming?” Ron asked.

Harry shook his head. “No. I think I want to look at my family a little longer.”

Ron nodded his head. “Ok. Just, uh, just try not to spend too much time.”

Harry sat in front of the mirror as the door closed behind Ron.

“Your friends are right, you know.”

Harry whirled around to the voice. “Dumbledore! How?”

Dumbledore gave a smile as his eyes twinkled. “I do not need a cloak to become invisible.”

Dumbledore moved in front of the mirror and squatted down to place a hand on Harry’s shoulder.

“Ms. Degurechaff is right that the inscription is backwards and that it explains the function of the Mirror of Erised rather succinctly. This mirror shows us nothing more and nothing less than our deepest desires. You, who have never known your family, see them standing around you. Ronald Weasley, who has always been overshadowed by his brothers, sees himself standing alone, the best of all of them. However, this mirror will give us neither knowledge or truth. Men have wasted away before it, entranced by what they have seen, or been driven mad, not knowing if what it shows is real or even possible.”

“And Tanya sees socks?”

“I rather suspect your friend might not have been entirely truthful about what she saw.” Dumbledore looked into the mirror with a gentle smile. Harry saw his parents waving at him in the reflection and no clues on what Dumbledore was looking at. “However, I do believe her stated desire is a rather good one. One can never have enough socks. Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn’t receive a single sock. People insist on giving me books.”

“If I may ask, what do you see, Professor?”

Dumbledore looked at Harry with a soft smile. “I believe I will be stealing young Ms. Degurechaff’s answer and say socks.”

Harry frowned in thought. “You aren’t being truthful either, are you sir?”

Dumbledore stood up and helped Harry to his feet. “Much like your friend, my desires are rather private and I do not wish to dwell on them long. Now how about we head down to the Great Hall? I do believe the house elves have prepared some hot chocolate with a bit of peppermint. A delightful combination.”

“House elves?” Harry asked as he let Dumbledore lead him out of the room.

“Who do you think~,” Dumbledore trailed off as he and Harry saw Tanya standing in the arch of a window, her back turned towards them. Standing on the outside of the window as she took a step off the edge.

Dumbledore moved, his wand coming to hand as he started to run as Tanya twisted in mid air. Twisted, spun, and did not fall. Harry was next to Dumbledore staring out the window, their faces pressed against the glass as they watched Tanya seem to dance in the air. Moving, twisting, spinning, skating through the air with the surety that she could traverse the empty space as easily as any hallway inside the castle.

Dumbledore gave a chuckle. “Well, that is not something you see too often.”

—-

Tanya Degurechaff

Flight was a complicated series of formulas that took incredible focus to maintain without the aid of a computation orb. Perhaps there was a spell usable with wands that would make the process simpler, but that incredible focus was what I wanted. A few moments of the joy of flight combined with incredible focus would get my mind off of what the mirror showed me.

In officer school when given lessons on how to utilize magic and the computation orbs, we were taught the flight formula as an emergency resource. In combat situations, we would be sitting ducks as our movement is slow and sluggish. Parachutes had shown consistently safer results as a backup to computation orbs as they work even when the mage is unconscious or injured.

I could feel the mental strain as I kept the formula going and stable as I floated slowly in the air. My mind dull with the distraction as I burnt off my frustrations.

Moege die ewige Ruhe dich bewahren.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
  6. Jubjub3000

Tha is for updating this fix, just wondering but what are the differences between this version and the one you post on fanfiction?

kappa_ururu likes this.
  7. Half_Baked_cat

None. I update here, FanFiction.Net, and Ao3 at roughly the same time. My Patreons get early access to the WIP file and I post to Space Battles about a day early compared to the non Patreon sites.

8. Extras: Chapter 1+2 Readings
    Half_Baked_cat

Readings of Chapters 1+ 2 I did. With bonus guests of cats.

9. johnworm1984

johnworm1984 Experienced.

Are you sure? I just checked and QQ's latest chapter is The Tsar is Putting Gold on his Bread which is an interlude chapter, but ffnet's latest chapter is Just Like the Ones I Used to Know which is a Tanya POV chapter.

Jubjub3000 likes this.
  10. Half_Baked_cat

FanFiction.Net can be slow with the updates. Sometimes it can take a few hours for things to process right.

11. johnworm1984

johnworm1984 Experienced.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Both sites have the same previous chapter, Strath of Dalnacreich, but have differing latest chapters that the other site doesn't have.

edit:
    And now ffnet has this chapter too. So it's just QQ that's missing a chapter. Maybe it's just not threadmarked?
    edit2:
    nope, not not threadmarked, just not here.

12. Half_Baked_cat

I’ll look into that.

Edit: all sites show 16 total chapters.

13. Tortoise

Tortoise Know what you're doing yet?

This one has 15 (the threadmark list has an explicit count).

The previous chapter (the one named "Just Like the Ones I used to Know" elsewhere) is missing.

CMDR Dantae likes this.
  14. Half_Baked_cat

Ah. My bad. I’ll go post that.

CMDR Dantae likes this.
  15. Threadmarks: The Tsar is Putting Gold on his Bread
    Half_Baked_cat

Letter

Dear Malfoy,

I have asked around and there are no Degurechaffs, however you English have a habit of mangling other languages. It is possible you meant Дегтярёв which would be pronounced similarly and is a fairly rare family name in Russia. Currently there are no magical Дегтярёв alive that I could find.

More importantly, this Tanya you have found has a dangerous name. Рома́новы, or as you so crudely wrote it, Romanoff, is the Imperial House of Russia. The dead Imperial House. Murdered to the last during a muggle uprising that overthrew the government and put in place the Communist Government that has been in control of the country every sense.

I have heard that the Communist Government has recently fallen. If true, this Tanya of yours would do well to stay away from any they may attempt to use her as a figurehead for a new Russian Monarchy or wish to kill her to prevent the same.

From,
    Karkaroff

—-

Lavender Brown

Bored. Lavender was bored. Her grandparents were so boring and there was nothing to do. Lavender was so bored she actually pulled out one of her school books to read ahead. Woo, the eggheads would be so proud of her. Ugh.

—-

Excerpt From "The Fae Book of Sidhe, Faerie, and Underfolk"

Titania are a peculiar type of Sidhe. Born from the union of a wizard and a High Seelie maiden, the Titania are exempt from many of the ancient treaties between magical society and the Fae. Titania are entirely female and take on a number of physical features from their paternal donator.

As the offspring of a wizard and High Seelie, the Titania are often confused with Changelings. The differences are that changelings, despite their human appearances, are magical creatures. Titania are half breeds with natures similar to their magical creature parent.

In many ways, Titania are most similar to the offspring of Veela (see Magical Avian Species and How to Talk with the Birds and Bees) in that the common magical capabilities and personality traits are inherited and that the Titania must be taught how to behave within polite magical society. See the entry on the previous pages for High Seelie and how to deal with them to know the proper methods of handling Titania as well.

—-

Hermione Granger

Holidays with mum and dad was always an enjoyable time for Hermione. They got away from England and spent time in the countryside or beaches of France. As it was a winter holiday, they were spending time at a vineyard in the north of France. The Champagne region, which was known for producing a sparkling wine, was lightly covered in snow.

The tour they went on explained that thanks to the cold, northern climate, the yeast in the wine casks would go dormant during winter and not awaken again until spring when the weather warmed up again, after having been bottled in special thick glass bottles.

The history of the region and how the wine was all terribly interesting to the young girl, though the sip of the wine she was offered with dinner was not pleasant to her young palette, being very acidic and dry. Her parents chuckled good naturedly at the face Hermione made at the taste and promised they would help her appreciate the taste when she was older.

For now though, Hermione could enjoy the snow of France by curling up next to a window with a steaming cup of hot chocolate and a nice book.

—-

Albus Dumbledore

A wide, short glass holding a large cube of ice and a brown fluid had captured Dumbledore's attention as he watched the liquid move in the glass, clinging to the sides. Whiskey on the rocks was not Dumbledore's preferred libation, but the thoughts Dumbledore was forced to face left him feeling the need for a strong drink.

Closing the book on fairs, there was no doubt in Dumbledore's mind now that Ms. Degurechaff was a fae creature of some description. That left the question of what to do about that.

Currently she was constrained and controlled by the school and its rules, but that was not going to last. She was eventually going to leave and there was no telling what she would do outside of the school. There was no inherent good nature to her, just rules she followed to attempt to hide her nature and blend in with others.

She could be taught goodness and kindness like Hagrid was taught gentleness.

Dumbledore briefly thought back to some of Hagrid's antics over the years. Of doors and chairs being replaced. Hagrid was a very kind and open person, but after fifty years the man still didn't realize his own strength and durability compared to everything around him.

Tanya should be better, right? She was highly intelligent, but Dumbledore would need to be swift on getting her on the right path. She already was gathering those who could be extremely influential to the future of the Wizarding World around herself, positioning them for the future and teaching them to be capable individuals.

Dumbledore drained his glass before opening a drawer in his desk, pulling out a yellowed picture of himself at a much younger age smiling next to another young, attractive man.

Was this some ploy by Gellert or his followers to influence the future of the Wizarding world, or was Ms. Degurechaff acting independently? Was she even actually doing anything wrong, or was he seeing things that weren't there?

Dumbledore sighed as he leaned back in his chair and stared in the direction of the ceiling, eyes not focused on any of the decorations hanging from above.

What was for the greater good in this case? Should he leave things alone and watch as everything played out or should he try directing a chaotically lawful creature into a safe path? It would be so simple to find a way to keep her trapped in one place, but she has not done anything to warrant imprisonment.

Dumbledore looked back at the picture of Gellert, a tear coming to his eye as he watched the way the two young men in the picture embraced each other. With a sigh, the picture was put back into its drawer and Dumbledore filled his glass again.

If this was a plot of Gellert or his followers, it appeared to be a very long term plot that Dumbledore could take his time investigating. In the meantime, a decision needed to be made on how to handle the fae child. Nothing was an option for now, but long term something would need to be done about Ms. Degurechaff.

Nothing.

Dumbledore stood up and strolled to his mirror and looked at himself, a glass of whiskey in hand and a long flowing beard that took decades to grow.

Nothing was what Dumbledore had done for a long time. Nothing with his political or magical power. Out of fear of what he could impose on others should he choose, but still nothing all the same. Dumbledore filled his time with operating a school, educating future generations and trying to direct society into a Greater Good one person at a time.

Nothing was precisely what he wanted Ms. Degurechaff to do, and teaching was a wonderfully rewarding way to do nothing. She already was showing an aptitude and enjoyment in helping her fellow students learn. If Dumbledore could foster that love of educating, he might be able to offer her a job upon graduation and have her cage herself into rules and doing nothing. Nothing with any political might she may develop and nothing with the magical might she already has. Nothing but filling the minds of the future with knowledge that could be used for a brighter tomorrow.

Dumbledore took a seat, a smile on his lips. It would take some work and a bit of political muscle to get someone without any professional experience a teaching position as the Board of Governors disliked hiring individuals who only know what was taught in school, but the Defense Against Dark Arts post has had steadily declining qualifications for filling the seat over the years and seven years was plenty of time for young Ms. Degurechaff to gain some notoriety if the troll incident was any indication.

All Dumbledore needed to do was encourage Ms. Degurechaff to tutor the younger years as she went through her schooling and that should be the final argument for hiring her settled, pointing out she was essentially already doing it and would simply be doing so in an official and paid capacity.

—-

Parvati Patil

The Patil family celebrated the Christmas Season with a trip to the shops followed by a meal at Mr. Patil's Cousin's restaurant just outside of the West End. Parvati spent the first week luxuriating in her bed at home, far away from any roommates that slept far too softly for her comfort. Afterwards, she spent a lot of time with her cousins, catching up on the family gossip and eating some comforting food.

Padma, however, wasn't as happy as Parvati to be home. The more bookish twin appeared to actually be missing the school library and needed to be pulled out of her funk for some fun. Thankfully, there was a hill in the backyard covered in snow and ready for sliding down.

Padma would have a fun winter holiday if Parvati had any say in the matter. And she did.

—-

Lucius Malfoy

Lucius held the letter he received from Karkaroff, staring at the message held within. A possible dead end as far as proving pure blood status, but a possibility of Muggle Royal blood. Lucius knew his family history. Knew who his ancestors built their fortunes with. While the advent of the Statue of Secrecy made dealings with muggles directly an impractical consideration, the Malfoy fortune was still funded by dealings and contracts with muggles from hundreds of years ago that were paying.

This Degurechaff child held no power outside of what she was personally capable of. She was by all measures a peasant to be passed on the street without a second look. And yet… and yet there was still evidence that she might be more than she appears. That her bloodline might still be noble, if not as purely magical as Lucius's own. And that noble blood would demand she take action and reclaim her place in the world.

Tying the Malfoys to a rising star would only see their fortunes grow further and as with the debacle after the last Dark Lord died showed, the Malfoys had the means to break ties when the ship begins to sink and remain in a financially stronger place compared to before Dark Lord's assent.

Lucius felt good about their chances with this one if they could nudge her in the right directions, but it was still too early. Too soon to be certain. Patience would have to be the name of the game. Patience and information.

Reading over the letter again and seeing nothing incriminating that would require the letter be burned, Lucius motioned with his wand and a cabinet in his study opened and an empty file came to him. Sliding the letter in place, Lucius left the office to gather a bit of extra information that should prove to be a steady stream with a bit of proper motivation.

With a crack of apparition, Lucius appeared outside the orphanage. Pulling out his wand, Lucius cast a charm to be unnoticeable to muggles before slashing his wand at the door, silently blowing it open as he strolled inside. Stalking the halls, he made his way to the Abbess's office. Not finding her in the office, Lucius began checking the nearby rooms, quietly opening doors till he found her in bed.

Closing and locking the door behind him, Lucius conjured a chair and took a seat, adjusting himself to give off the perfect impression of being fully in control as he cast silencing charms around the room to give them privacy. Oh how he longed to be able to torture the muggle fool for what she knew and for his own pleasure, but he needed her whole to be useful. Watching her realize how powerless she was before he got to business would still provide a bit of fun.

With a quick reviving charm casting the room in red for a brief moment, the old nun woke up, looking around in startling alertness.

"What are you doing in my room?" she loudly asked, her face twisted in anger.

"You are going to tell me everything I want to know," Lucius said with a confident, menacing smile.

"And why do you think that?" The old lady asked, getting out of bed, and starting to move towards Lucius who responded by pointing his wand at the old hag. The flinch and slow widening of her eyes was delicious.

"Simple. Imperio."

Not_here, Sir Godot, preier and 138 others like this.
  16. Dragonslayer Ornstein

Dragonslayer Ornstein Dragon layer extraordinaire.

My bet? She saw socks alright…. On VISHA!

17. Demensional Wonderer

Demensional Wonderer Know what you're doing yet?

Another great set of chapters.
    Accidentally missed the Mirror of Erised chapter the 1st go but managed to realize my mistake.

So Tanya is claiming she saw socks. An interesting choice. Well, the boot thingies the mages use to fly are kinda like socks. So maybe she saw her squad together?
    Likely confused her a great deal as she is very insistent that she doesn't like violence and that her squad mates her merely "resources" meant to aid her sirvival.
    (Note: Been awhile since inread this fic so i might be forgetting details/opinions expressed in the story)

I honestly find it a bit odd that Lucius would buy into Tanya's name having meaning when it very well just be a coincidence that she shares a name with some important people.
    It's not like those people have a monopoly on names after all.
    Then again, he is a Pure Blood believer and a wizard so his common sense isn't the best. And the idea of some body without importance having the same name as someone with importance is likely completely alien to his way of thinking.
    Watchin Tanya's "misunderstanding field" in play is always fun though, even when it does occasionally result in things such as torture.
    Was also interesting to see Dumbledore come to what is likely the best solution to keeping Tanya contained and out of trouble, even if by using incorrect information/assumptions.
    I can certainly understand his belief in her being a part of the Fae if for no ither reason than her insistent adherence to rules and loophole abuse.

18. Jubjub3000

Would be funny if he turned out to be correct haha, imagine if Tanya actualy was half fae, half witch!

19. ArcherOfBlades

ArcherOfBlades Hippity Hoppity, Your Soul Is My Property

What strange place is this! The SFW Section??!?! Always enjoy a Tanya fic

20. Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika The Devil Exists Within

What is Moege? I can find translations for the rest of it, but not that word. Did you mean möge?

21. Jubjub3000

I love this fix, but I always wonder what would happen if Tanya had reincarnated into another piece of fiction, such as ascendance of a bookworm, although that might be cause she would be regularly forced into a large fluffy dress...

GameReaper and The_Bajar like this.
  22. Astral Archer

Astral Archer Raise your intent.

The name change was enough to fool me into thinking this was a different story to the spacebattles one. But the sentence "I assure you this is not a heathen school" and the reply of "Ok" from the head nun gave away this story's source. Why you decided to keep that interaction in this upload of the story i cannot fathom, but it once again turns me away from your writing. A character interaction so ham-fisted as that is not something i'm willing to overlook in a story, which combined with the reduced writing quality i remember from later chapters means i'm not going to be sticking around again. Next time remove these sorts of weird scenes when reposting your work.

23. ArcherOfBlades

ArcherOfBlades Hippity Hoppity, Your Soul Is My Property

It’s a Old Lady in the 90’s. Old People we’re very religious.

24. Astral Archer

Astral Archer Raise your intent.

That's precisely the problem; the nun accepts the claim of the self proclaimed witch without complaint or questioning. A very strange interaction that makes the character seem like an NPC in a videogame.

ArcherOfBlades likes this.
  25. Half_Baked_cat

I have an idea for a NSFW Omake, but no one seems interested. What is wrong with an Omake of Dumbledore and Grindelwald spending some intimate time together?
    Because this is a direct reposting and not an edited version. I haven’t gone back and edited the story. The entire point of bringing this story here is to have yet another backup available for people to utilize because websites can go down either temporarily or permanently.

26. kindfragen

kindfragen Know what you're doing yet?

Contemplative: We imagine it's like the general distaste towards reading smut with Hitler as a direct participant, to be honest.

27. averagejoe32

averagejoe32 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Sounds like fun.

GameReaper likes this.
  28. Traiden

Traiden Getting sticky.

I am looking forward to when this story gets to when Umbridge shows up. It will certainty be an interesting event to be sure.

29. Reading reader

Reading reader Making the rounds.

It would be difficult to read anything sexual about Dumbledore, im sure he was quite handsome young man but the Dumbledore in my head is a very old gentleman, that's not tomany people's cup of tea.

30. Half_Baked_cat

What? The soft flabby skin rubbing against soft flaky skin isn’t sexy. The wrinkly skin that hangs low. The smell of old people and sex filling the room and mixed with the unwashed prisoner smell from Grindewald as he has been sitting in the prison cell for decades. The feel of toothless gums on erogenous zones.

I suppose I can see your point.

Anyways, that is the only NSFW scene I have planned on marine writing for this fic. Though if someone wants to get a mod to move this thread to NSFW so they can post NSFW Omake, that is fine.

GameReaper and Reading reader like this.