• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Red Rose of Konoha (Yu Yu Hakusho/Naruto)

Re: Canon-Fire: Naruto Reincarnation Quest (Naruto/?)

Guile said:
So, Usagi really would be a little ninja princess. Like Konohamaru, except cuter. Her Therapy Jutsu is like Naruto's, except 100% less punching and 100% more talking about feelings.

Also:
[X] ... In terms of scariness they all rank about equally, but in terms of power, I don't... think any of us would actually die fighting this one. Whoever sent it, that's the person to worry about. (Tsukino Usagi, Sailor Moon)
You guys caught that bit where she thought the Kyuubi wouldn't kill her, right? Or any of her running crew. Being able to look at the Kyuubi and going, 'Meh, I could take him' takes balls.
i would have gone for her but Kurama is the only way to keep Dio from winning.

Guile said:
You guys caught that bit where she thought the Kyuubi wouldn't kill her, right? Or any of her running crew. Being able to look at the Kyuubi and going, 'Meh, I could take him' takes balls.
Usagi: Ah! No, no, I'm not bragging! You're very scary, Kyuubi-san, I can't doubt that, and I might be wrong about us not dying! But... um, that is... the last time I was alive, I kind of talked the living heart of Chaos out of destroying the universe while having a sword fight with her.

Why did I miss this?

[X] Kurama
[X] Girl

The Kyuubi may not be the strongest thing Sailor Moon has ever fought, but I'm pretty sure Kurama have a way to kill her. And if you have a way, it's a battle.

[X]Dio
[X]Male

Because Dio. Take over the world.

Since we've seen Usagi and Dio, can we see what the first part of Kurama's story would be?

so you set up two new quests then?

welp, snail-pace modo is go!

still going to be fun though, probably.

I have zero exposure to either Yu-yu Hakusho, or Dio. that said, someone mentioned earlier that Dio is the sort of character who, if you aren't taken in by their mystique, just comes across as lame.

yeah, thats pretty much how he appears to me. hilariously ripped, flamboyantly gay, but in the end just kind of silly.

iamnuff said:
yeah, thats pretty much how he appears to me. hilariously ripped, flamboyantly gay, but in the end just kind of silly.

... The boy who killed his adopted brother's dog by locking it in a furnace is silly?

He's really not silly at all, IMO.

Now, granted, I haven't gotten through the first arc yet, but while the artwork is certainly on the 'Fabulous' end, Dio Brando is pretty much the anti-silly. He's basically your classical sociopath, with heavy Nietzschean overtones, who willingly throws away his humanity to become a monster.

It's like hearing someone say, "Oh, that Alucard guy is so silly, isn't he? I mean, who would ever wear all that flamboyant red? And those homoerotic overtones between him and the butler, who-ee!" The sort of thing that just makes you stop and look at what you just read, just to make sure that your eyes are not playing tricks on you.

Not silly so much as tremendously melodramatic.

He is totally a monster, just a melodramatic monster.

Vindictus said:
He's really not silly at all, IMO.

245236-dio_brando_large.jpg

He might be dangerous, but he still looks like a gay clown.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ODCDFowsnc

Silversun17 said:
The joker is more menacing.
Now, what I want you to do is to screencap your post, print it on high quality paper, frame it carefully and set it in a highly visible place, so years from now every time you look at it you can be forever reminded of your eternal shame.

Guardian Box said:
Now, what I want you to do is to screencap your post, print it on high quality paper, frame it carefully and set it in a highly visible place, so years from now every time you look at it you can be forever reminded of your eternal shame.
I just find Dio to be rather underwhelming. what makes the Joker more mencing is the fact he is irrational; Dio is far more perscise in his psychopathy.

Silversun17 said:
I just find Dio to be rather underwhelming. what makes the Joker more mencing is the fact he is irrational; Dio is far more perscise in his psychopathy.
This isn't really the thread to debate the merits of Dio, I suppose, but what I've always liked about him is how much he is defined by both his desire for control and his eternal lack of it. He's a big faker; he wants to be a smooth operator, but despite his brains, his natural inclination is to be a sadistic, brutal thug.

FurikoMaru said:
This isn't really the thread to debate the merits of Dio, I suppose, but what I've always liked about him is how much he is defined by both his desire for control and his eternal lack of it. He's a big faker; he wants to be a smooth operator, but despite his brains, his natural inclination is to be a sadistic, brutal thug.
I'd say that it is admirable that despite his natural inclination, he can go above it or repress it enough to fool everyone.

Silversun17 said:
The joker is more menacing.
Ahahahahahahahahaha. The Joker is a sad sack of shit who only survives because he has plot shields thicker than the earths core. Dio combines a cult leader with outright superpowers.

Robotninja said:
Ahahahahahahahahaha. The Joker is a sad sack of shit who only survives because he has plot shields thicker than the earths core.
I dunno. I think the Joker is frightening. I just wish DC didn't feel the need to put everyone in one universe, 'cause he's significantly less frightening in a world with multiple superheroes.

FurikoMaru said:
I dunno. I think the Joker is frightening. I just wish DC didn't feel the need to put everyone in one universe, 'cause he's significantly less frightening in a world with multiple superheroes.

Agreed. He works much better in Batman only or lower powered settings. Power-levels is not everything, atmosphere matters for a lot and the Joker is usually good for that in my experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Kokonatsu ko-kon tto saigyou Kurama~

You had hoped you wouldn't be making a habit of this, but it appears you're possessing a child once again. A girl this time, it would seem. The fact that it happened entirely unintentionally makes you worry, but more alarming is the situation you find yourself in, here.

Two young people are arguing about which of them is going to die for the other. Or for you, or possibly both; someone is dying for someone, at any rate, as far as they're concerned. It's all terribly dramatic and full of protestations of love, but you think it's possible the whole kerfuffle might be unnecessary. You're in a weakened state, of course, and you don't have any seeds on you, but really, there's a tree not four feet away from you. You're not dying like this; Hiei would never let you live it down.

Still... it may be some sentimental streak talking, but perhaps you should give the poor idiot the chance to run.

[X] And lose the element of surprise? Take him out before he realizes who you are and what a unique opportunity this is to try to gain a reputation by 'defeating' an S-class Yoko.

[X] *mental projection* "I can distract her for a moment, if you'd prefer to shapeshift and run away. By all means keep struggling if you wish to die."

[X] Write in?

As I recall, Kurama is a curious blend of sentiment and cold-blooded ruthlessness. I think this could go either way.

[X] Talk to the Kyuubi. It is really in his own best interest to obey you, his elder and superior. Clear communication will solve this problem. While setting up the kill, should he prove intractible.

[X] *mental projection* "I can distract her for a moment, if you'd prefer to shapeshift and run away. By all means keep struggling if you wish to die."

Not sure if we're actually capable of killing it, considering that we're currently a baby, and it'd be interesting to have at least one of our parents alive. Of course, I don't think that the Kyuubi has any shapeshifting powers, so this might not be the best choice, either. It might convince the nine-tails to leave, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back