• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
[X] "You might get a few free seconds over an opponent while they were gawking, if you wore something over it."
-[X] "I want one. In GLORIOUS GOLD!"

Even better.

[X] You could wear it under some other lightweight clothing for normal use that you can take off before you train or quickly rip off if you ever get into a serious fight.
-[X] "You might get a few free seconds over an opponent while they were gawking.

[X] "You might get a few free seconds over an opponent while they were gawking, if you wore something over it."
-[X] It's also probably easier to move in.
-[X] "I want one. In Black!"

We need to put the Gold over the jump suit. Accessorize.

Gold on black? Totally acceptable.

tumblr_m2xrf6xutR1r0r35ao1_500.png

Nah, Black on Gold. So that when we rip off our outer clothing, we're too shiny to look at.

After all, the best approach to stealth is to blind anyone who looks at you, right?
The best approach to stealth to stealth is stopping time while they're blinded by your clothes.
...wait, would stopping time be MIO's Mangekyo power?
...eh, not like she has anyone to gain the Mangekyo via.

Which puts the eternal mangekyo even further out of the park.

The best approach to stealth to stealth is stopping time while they're blinded by your clothes.
...wait, would stopping time be MIO's Mangekyo power?
...eh, not like she has anyone to gain the Mangekyo via.

Which puts the eternal mangekyo even further out of the park.
Well, even if we can't get Mangekyo. There's always Muda Muda using pure unadulterated speed.
Things approaching speed of light is basically a poor man's time stop anyway.

Well, even if we can't get Mangekyo. There's always Muda Muda using pure unadulterated speed.
Things approaching speed of light is basically a poor man's time stop anyway.
...As a Sharingan user, we are ideally suited to replicate Shisui's feats...once we get the chakra reserves to use shunshin and not pass out.

[X] You could wear it under some other lightweight clothing for normal use that you can take off before you train or quickly rip off if you ever get into a serious fight.
-[X] "You might get a few free seconds over an opponent while they were gawking.

...As a Sharingan user, we are ideally suited to replicate Shisui's feats...once we get the chakra reserves to use shunshin and not pass out.

This should totally be our end goal. We can then do that awesome thing where we always greet people from behind their backs and then appear in front of them when they inevitably try to attack behind them (cause they're ninjas).

If Mio's hypothetical mangekyo revolved around timestops, I'd suggest 'Takamagahara' for the eye with the power to stop time, and 'Amano-ukihashi' for the power to selectively allow people or objects to move in spite of Takamagahara being active.

The shinto 'heaven' where the first gods dwell or came from, 'the high heavenly plain', and the link between it and the mortal world, 'the floating bridge of heaven'.

Not just because I've already conceptualized applying those terms to similar mangekyo powers in another context.

-[X] It's also probably easier to move in.
-[X] "I want one. In Black!"

Great thing about establishing an outfit for MIO like this: makes it easier on Chibi when someone commissions them to 'Draw MIO like one of your french girls.'

...something I considered doing until I realized I'd have to use paypal for it.

"Now, for the three of you... you did well for your age and experience!" he says, beaning a folded paper shuriken off of your head and looking at you for only a moment before immediately continuing on to the others. It looks like there's at least a little writing inside. "Particularly you, young Fuki! Your use of the taller grass to hinder, trip, and briefly bind your pursuers was particularly interesting. Was that the knot-tying jutsu?"

Oh come-on, tall grass doesn't grow on forests or i would have thought of that, i call hax.

[X] Wack her upside the head. "Gift from a Jonin in your specialization. Wear it." Wack her again WHEN she protests. "GIFT. FROM. A. JONIN. IN. YOUR. SPECIALIZATION. Nuff Said. Wear it."
-[X] Ask if he has a second one in Gold. You think you could make that look rock.
-[X] Ask 'humbly' if you and your little motley crew of minions could get a chance to train with him.
-[X] When finished take Fuki aside and point out that being allowed to do something and not getting Caught doing something are two very different things. Things which a Ninja is supposed to for learn themselves.

[X] Wack her upside the head. "Gift from a Jonin in your specialization. Wear it." Wack her again WHEN she protests. "GIFT. FROM. A. JONIN. IN. YOUR. SPECIALIZATION. Nuff Said. Wear it."
--[X] "Besides, you can cover it when you're not training or stuff. Not that I'm planning on doing anything with mine."
-[X] Ask if he has a second one in Gold. You think you could make that look rock.
-[X] Ask 'humbly' if you and your little motley crew of minions could get a chance to train with him.
-[X] When finished take Fuki aside and point out that being allowed to do something and not getting Caught doing something are two very different things. Things which a Ninja is supposed to for learn themselves.

(quick search for demonstration photo on the googles)

977-72.jpg

Grass needs light and moisture to grow.

In thick or heavy forests where no light reaches the ground, or there's enough fallen leaves through the years that don't decompose fast enough for grass to grow in, sure, you aren't going to see grass.

In light or thin forests like the kind this training ground simulates, there's typically not as much deadfall either and plenty of light hits through for grass and other undergrowth to go nuts.

Gai didn't bring you to the forest of death, here.

Well, hopefully people have an idea of what they want. I for one am having a hard time imagining an outfit where gold is the base color rather than a highlight.

On the other hand, it's not quite as glaring as I thought it would be.

Last edited:
Well, hopefully people have an idea of what they want. I for one am having a hard time imagining an outfit where gold is the base color rather than a highlight.

On the other hand, it's not quite as glaring as I thought it would be.
That kind of glorious, tasteless gaudiness is exactly what MIO should wear.

Gaudiness I can understand. But where did she mention she liked being tasteless?
It's more that her type of gaudiness is tasteless, as called by her flunkies. Brilliant golden nail polish.
At least, it's tasteless for anyone who isn't an incarnation of the will of DMIO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back