• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
Well, in absence of further clarification from Chibi, hopefully this'll suffice as a vote.

[X]-If it wasn't for the fact that this seems to have just clinched it that yes, the library is useless to the Great Devil Queen, MIO might have to address the fact they seem to believe they have the right to ban her amazing self.
-[X]-While the library may have dodged her wrath via irrelevance, MIO still hasn't made headway on a technique she said she'd peel apart, and that's unacceptable. Clearly she must fix this.
--[X]-Maybe watching Gai do his not-an-illusion thing more times will help in figuring it out. And even if it doesn't, watching a Jounin taijutsu user do stuff he already mentioned as being great for athleticism is hardly a waste of time, and that's assuming you somehow never get to watch him sparring. Sharingan, and all.
---[X]-Maybe - maybe the Great MIO's eyes are missing something? While obviously Sharingan are best, there are other magic peepers. Maybe a Hyuuga could see something in Gai's trick that MIO can't? Seems worth grabbing that Hyuuga from class to check - and hey, maybe there's a Clan minion to be had out of this. All good stuff.

A bit large in this presentation, but it really just boils down to [Forget the library then! Time to EYE HARDER at this Gai guy, and maybe grab a new friend/minion!], which isn't exactly a complex proposal.

And even if it doesn't work, learning that Byakugan can't see some super easy trick in his methods/stealing more of Gai's fitness-oriented JoJoness seems more than worth an update to me.

EDIT: All the above is my level (if cursory) best attempt at being objective about the vote. My personal and biased as fuck reason for this vote, is all oriented around Hinata. Less because I like her character, and more because I wonder if, just maybe... we could shift her idolization onto Gai, as 'someone that doesn't let anything stop them/get them down', even if just partly.

Can any one of us truly deny that it'd be a glorious treat to see a Gai-themed Hinata of any rendition?

Last edited:
If it was me, I'd apologize and explain that I was looking for something that probably just isn't in libraries. But it's not me, it's Mio.

So, exactly like Sasuke? If we didn't remember being born, that might make me suspicious.

Well, in absence of further clarification from Chibi, hopefully this'll suffice as a vote.

[]-If it wasn't for the fact that this seems to have just clinched it that yes, the library is useless to the Great Devil Queen, MIO might have to address the fact they seem to believe they have the right to ban her amazing self.
-[]-While the library may have dodged her wrath via irrelevance, MIO still hasn't made headway on a technique she said she'd peel apart, and that's unacceptable. Clearly she must fix this.
--[]-Maybe watching Gai do his not-an-illusion thing more times will help in figuring it out. And even if it doesn't, watching a Jounin taijutsu user do stuff he already mentioned as being great for athleticism is hardly a waste of time, and that's assuming you somehow never get to watch him sparring. Sharingan, and all.
---[]-Maybe - maybe the Great MIO's eyes are missing something? While obviously Sharingan are best, there are other magic peepers. Maybe a Hyuuga could see something in Gai's trick that MIO can't? Seems worth grabbing that Hyuuga from class to check - and hey, maybe there's a Clan minion to be had out of this. All good stuff.

A bit large in this presentation, but it really just boils down to [Forget the library then! Time to EYE HARDER at this Gai guy, and maybe grab a new friend/minion!], which isn't exactly a complex proposal.

And even if it doesn't work, learning that Byakugan can't see some super easy trick in his methods/stealing more of Gai's fitness-oriented JoJoness seems more than worth an update to me.

EDIT: All the above is my level (if cursory) best attempt at being objective about the vote. My personal and biased as fuck reason for this vote, is all oriented around Hinata. Less because I like her character, and more because I wonder if, just maybe... we could shift her idolization onto Gai, as 'someone that doesn't let anything stop them/get them down', even if just partly.

Can any one of us truly deny that it'd be a glorious treat to see a Gai-themed Hinata of any rendition?
Are you sure that you want to subject Hinata to MIO's bullying?

Are you sure that you want to subject Hinata to MIO's bullying?
From a player's meta perspective: Yes, as I feel that canon evidence shows that Hinata's not going to bitch out from a brush with a bombastic and demanding personality, and canon precedent suggests that she might benefit from this, either via Mio or via Gai.

From a player's in-character perspective: Yes, as I feel that Mio would either not believe or not care that her brash and quasi-bullying methods could scare Hinata off, particularly since with always-on visual memorization, I can't see Mio having missed that Hinata... has no friend group. However she may view this data, I feel certain she grasps that those without friends are generally easier to target for mook-making.

From a storytelling perspective: Yes, as I feel the potential for interesting things happening from the aforementioned Mio/Hinata and Gai/Hinata angles, in terms of interaction and possible personality shift, are more than worth the chance she may come out of this averse to someone's abuse for the first time... ever.

Seriously, for better or worse early Hinata is kiiiiiiind of the ideal bullying target; she just takes it, keeps thinking the best of others, the whole shebang.

This is to THE GREAT DEVIL QUEEN MIO's interests, so here we are.

From a player's meta perspective: Yes, as I feel that canon evidence shows that Hinata's not going to bitch out from a brush with a bombastic and demanding personality, and canon precedent suggests that she might benefit from this, either via Mio or via Gai.

From a player's in-character perspective: Yes, as I feel that Mio would either not believe or not care that her brash and quasi-bullying methods could scare Hinata off, particularly since with always-on visual memorization, I can't see Mio having missed that Hinata... has no friend group. However she may view this data, I feel certain she grasps that those without friends are generally easier to target for mook-making.

From a storytelling perspective: Yes, as I feel the potential for interesting things happening from the aforementioned Mio/Hinata and Gai/Hinata angles, in terms of interaction and possible personality shift, are more than worth the chance she may come out of this averse to someone's abuse for the first time... ever.

Seriously, for better or worse early Hinata is kiiiiiiind of the ideal bullying target; she just takes it, keeps thinking the best of others, the whole shebang.

This is to THE GREAT DEVIL QUEEN MIO's interests, so here we are.
Oh, it's true that Hinata's not all that fragile (she's still a fucking ninja), but seeing her bullied might make us sad.

Hey Chibi-Reaper, could you add like, a single sentence for each minion on the OP post, outlining what Mio thinks they're good for?

I'm not asking for anything remotely detailed, just enough that if, say, one doesn't recall whose names/looks are whose, we at least know what general skillsets to pair with what names/looks.

Would be nice, as opposed to having to reread sections to remind oneself of which is which.

[X] Wander around town. Maybe you'll find something interesting.
- [X] Practice chakra control tricks while you walk

FEMALE MADARA, AHHHHHH!

REmember all those "lets train with Greatgreatgrandpa madara" jokes I made.Im sorry for them. no im not

[X]-If it wasn't for the fact that this seems to have just clinched it that yes, the library isuseless to the Great Devil Queen, MIO might have to address the fact they seem to believe they have the right to ban her amazing self.
-[X]-While the library may have dodged her wrath via irrelevance, MIO still hasn't made headway on a technique she said she'd peel apart, and that's unacceptable. Clearly she must fix this.
--[X]-Maybe watching Gai do his not-an-illusion thing more times will help in figuring it out. And even if it doesn't, watching a Jounin taijutsu user do stuff he already mentionedas being great for athleticism is hardly a waste of time, and that's assuming you somehow never get to watch him sparring. Sharingan, and all.
---[X]-Maybe - maybe the Great MIO's eyes are missing something? While obviously Sharingan are best, there are other magic peepers. Maybe a Hyuuga could see something in Gai's trick that MIO can't? Seems worth grabbing that Hyuuga from class to check - and hey, maybe there's a Clan minion to be had out of this. All good stuff.

We aren't banned from this library. i don't know where people are getting this assumption.plus from the scrolls Mio has read did she learn anything that would be useful outside what she was looking for.

We aren't banned from this library.
Uh-
"But if you are so displeased, then we will of course extend the fullness of our effort to assure you are not bothered by the poor quality of our inventories for at least the next... month, shall we say? With our warmest regards, Uchiha-san."
Sure, maybe she didn't say it in an official sense, but there's no other realistic way to interpret her words than that she's banning Mio.

But even if that weren't enough-
Right now, you need to focus on what you're doing now that you've been temp-banned from the library.
Chibi flat out stated all explicit and laborious-like that yes, we are indeed banned.
i don't know where people are getting this assumption.
And I'm genuinely curious how you don't have that impression.

why don't we steal a scroll from the Uchiha archive to lift the temp ban and get her on our side to help us. plus we get a gain a new minion.

why don't we steal a scroll from the Uchiha archive to lift the temp ban and get her on our side to help us. plus we get a gain a new minion.
Snake, that's likely to get us beat up by the Uchiha clan, because there's always an Elder in the library.

Also, that girl is a grown ass woman and won't take no lip from an academy student. We try to bribe her into being our minion and she'll probably pat us on the head and give us a cookie.

Also, that girl is a grown ass woman and won't take no lip from an academy student. We try to bribe her into being our minion and she'll probably pat us on the head and give us a cookie.

And you will have to eat it fast, because if it's not done by the time you land in the river, it's going to get all soggy, and nobody likes soggy cookies.

And you will have to eat it fast, because if it's not done by the time you land in the river, it's going to get all soggy, and nobody likes soggy cookies.
Oh god, she's going to drown us in the Naka river and frame it as a suicide.

The bane of Uchiha everywhere. Large bodies of water!

Oh god, she's going to drown us in the Naka river and frame it as a suicide.

They thought they were on good terms because the one lake lets them practice the Grand Fireball Jutsu over it, but they were wrooooong.

[X]-If it wasn't for the fact that this seems to have just clinched it that yes, the libraryisuseless to the Great Devil Queen, MIO might have to address the fact they seem to believe they have the right to ban her amazing self.
--[X]-Maybe watching Gai do his not-an-illusion thing more times will help in figuring it out. And even if it doesn't, watching aJounin taijutsu user do stuff he already mentionedas being great for athleticism is hardly a waste of time, and that's assuming you somehow never get to watch him sparring. Sharingan, and all.
---[X]-Maybe - maybe the Great MIO's eyes are missing something? While obviouslySharingan are best, there are other magicpeepers. Maybe a Hyuuga could see something in Gai's trick that MIO can't?Seems worth grabbing that Hyuuga fromclass to check - and hey, maybe there's a Clan minion to be had out of this. All good stuff.

Our potential is so great, but we are so bad with it that it hurts. Sasuke is better then us

Hopefully the massacre is a kick in the pants

'Madara' likes to pretend he took over Mist as part of some grand plan, but the reality is he got stuck on a ship as it went out of port and was so violently seasick that he couldn't get off until he was in Mist. He resolved never to travel by sea again, and had to develop a space-time jutsu to get back to the mainland, so there wasn't much to do in the interim beyond take over the country.

[X]-If it wasn't for the fact that this seems to have just clinched it that yes, the library isuseless to the Great Devil Queen, MIO might have to address the fact they seem to believe they have the right to ban her amazing self.
--[X]-Maybe watching Gai do his not-an-illusion thing more times will help in figuring it out. And even if it doesn't, watching a Jounin taijutsu user do stuff he already mentionedas being great for athleticism is hardly a waste of time, and that's assuming you somehow never get to watch him sparring. Sharingan, and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back