1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Digital_Devil

Digital_Devil Attack and dethrone [YHVH]

If I recall correctly, the Holy Blade has really really good scaling and gem slots. The Kirkhammer has slightly higher base damage and will probably out damage the Holy Blade if you invest entirely in strength, but the difference isn't really that big. The Holy Blade also has good Arcane and Skill scaling so you can invest in those and still get good damage while having the option for arcane tools or more options for secondary weapons.

Jamesson Locke likes this.
  2. Garlandknight

Garlandknight Happiest Arbites

It has a moveset some people might prefer over the Kirkhammer, excellent scaling for "Quality" builds meaning it'll always deal more damage than the Kirkhammer if your STR and SKL are equal or close enough, plus good Arcane scaling if you want to go Elemental.

It's essentially the best weapon if you don't want to specialize in any one stat and is still a very strong option as long as you don't heavily specialize.

Jamesson Locke and Anonnermus like this.
  3. Jamesson Locke

Jamesson Locke Best Chunnibote

Basically it's the weapon with the best stats for most players, and I really think FromSofr fucked up by making it like the sixth weapon you can buy.

4. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

Still playing Satisfactory.

So, I started a new map, using mods this time, moving much quicker since I have an idea of what I'm doing- and I could build trains early, if pretty crappy ones- and I'm currently building a rail line out to the starting area of my first map. Went with the first map and then the second.

So I'm checking out those islands across the gap, west of the first map's starting area. You can get on the beach, but take too many steps inland... and you start taking damage. No poison gas, no radiation symbol. If those didn't already exist in the game, it probably would've been obvious, but they do, so I thought it was an environmental hazard I didn't have protection from yet.

So, now that I'm building an elevated railway out past that spot, I go to check it out again, far enough up that nothing down there should have range to hurt me... but I start taking damage anyway.

I finally dug up an interactive map to figure out what the hell was out there... it's the map border killing me. You have bottomless pits, ocean around most of the edge, and you choose to have islands you can walk to where the border is? WTH guys?

Also: found my first bauxite deposit earlier. With a whole goddamn herd of firebreathing snake-dogs, including two blue ones and about five or six basic little ones. Almost backed off, but there was a crash site past them... so I finally determined yes, Nobelisk can kill enemies. It's not the most efficient, but for a herd like that, well...

Crash site needed Heat Sinks, of course, which I am nowhere near being able to produce- but I picked some up from another crash site, so I got it open. Cast Screws, Fucking Finally!

Jamesson Locke likes this.
  5. Digital_Devil

I've been playing Hades recently. It's really good, but I've hit a pretty hard roadblock in Theseus and Asterius. The latter I can fight just fine, but Theseus is an issue, especially when he calls the gods. I feel like I'm not doing anywhere near enough damage by the time I get to them. Not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong.

6. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

So, I was about to go to bed, and planned to play just one chapter of Say NO! More... but it was District Nein and the rest of the story pulled me in.

For a silly story about a man that just wants his damn lunchbox back, the end made me tear up a bit.

I do recommend playing it- it's a very simple game, but the story is pretty moving. At the risk of running afoul of Rule 8... I've known several people who needed to hear the message. You might too.

Aside: So, I let the full credits scroll, and happened to actually read a bit near the end, where the Devs were thanking their SOs or their dog or what have you. And then the final one just puts "Hamlet, Act 3, Scene 3, Line 87" and made me go look it up. Cheeky cunt.

7. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Currently playing Elden Ring and Malenia is also currently shoving her gold plated foot up my ass.

Does anyone have any advice for fighting her?

And in particular, dealing with that move where she jumps around and slashes everything around her? I feel like if I'm in the same half of the arena she is I can't avoid getting caught up by it, at which point I just fucking die.

8. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

Invest in Vigor and Endurance. Learn the pattern of her attacks. Consult better walkthroughs.

Pray that "LetMeSoloHer" deigns to bless your game with his presence.

9. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

Courtesy of a parry god Korean

If you want a full parry focused video he has a couple you could look through which should give you an idea of what you can and can't parry using a level 1 wretch.

Also from what I'm aware her first stage is cheeseable via summon spam just chain beating on her.

Nervaqus987 and Rakdos92 like this.
  10. Digital_Devil

Waterfowl Dance is extremely difficult to dodge, but if you're playing ranged you should be able to deal with it easier. When she goes up run away from her as far as you can. The first barrage should miss. Then dodge towards her through the second one and depending on your range the third will miss or you have to dodge through it again. She's a boss that has a lot of advancing attacks, so dodging backwards can sometimes get you killed. On her big sweeping slashes dodging towards her will general keep you safe. Considering how a lot of bosses like to hold their attacks for years, you're probably trained by this point to wait a while before dodging. Malenia doesn't delay her attacks by much if she's on the ground, so watch out for that. If you see her wind up an attack, it's generally safe to dodge immediately. Also, she takes more damage from Fire, Frost, and Bleed, so grab some greases to apply to your weapon if you can.

Nervaqus987 and Anonnermus like this.
  11. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

Mihoyo releasd trailer for anpther game in development ( by their studio on Montreal)

Zenless Zone Zero:

Looks like it will be Third Person action game. I admit I really like look of it. Street neo punk looks fun. Reminds me few games that also have it. Like Dohna Dohna that TRPG VN by Alicesoft.

12. rx915

rx915 Experienced.

Saw this shared around and it looks promising. I think of monster hunter in the sea but shadow of the colossus in the sea is more appropriate.

I always think back South Park's parody of Japan hunting whales and dolphins because of this.

Rakdos92 likes this.
  13. Malcolmo

Oh I remember seeing AlphaBetaGamer play a version of that game a long while ago. Apparently it still hasn't released yet checking on steam and it's been a year or so.

14. Lykaia

Lykaia Well worn.

I still think that the humble Saw Cleaver is best though I do have a soft spot for the Burial Blade.
    When she jumps up in the air toss a Freeze Pot at her to knock her out of Waterfowl. It only work like twice before she starts building up resistance so hope that the RNG favors you too.

15. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

So, just got an ad... for the new Ni No Kuni game. PC/Mobile, MMO-ish? Cross platform. Possibly cribbing off Genshin Impact, or at least it's success.

Looks cute as usual, and it seems to have a whole family as main characters?

Ni No Kuni 2 wasn't as good as 1 (story-wise, anyway) though I wouldn't say it was bad. Hoping it doesn't slide further.

It does have catgirls, so that's a definite "I'll check it out" from me, even aside from enjoying the first two.

16. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

Minecraft question:

How rare is copper? I found enough for three full stacks and the start of another.

At what Z-axis is the best to find iron at? Found a few bits but they are in the ocean and almost a day’s journey from my current base, I said frukit and went exploring for a bit.

Does water underneath dirt water it enough for crops? I got something of a shitty starting local but not full on island or desert, I started on an island-chain north of a continent.

17. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

Been a while, but I think copper is almost as common as iron and found in the same z-axis. I have no number for the depth, only an estimate of about two two-story houses deep.

According to the wiki, the water will not water the dirt. You gotta dig rows, sorry.

Velk likes this.
  18. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

Huh. So I just have ‘interesting’ luck with having a lot of surface copper spawning.

So my initial island farm was for the best and my updated one is doomed to failure, I can work with that.

Thank you Rakdos.

19. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

Ah, I think you can find Iron around the same z-axis where coal spawns.

Velk likes this.
  20. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

We finally have a goddamn date. June 21. And it's gonna be free too.

21. Malcolmo

I forgot that game existed tbh. It kinda disappeared after a while.

22. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Breast Observer.

Same. There was a major boom when it first released and when the vtuber were playing it.

But then it died down when they stopped.

23. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

I don't care. This looked like ideal for casual fun on the Switch and I awaited it. It suffered from delays but fuck, since they go free, I won't even need to pay to play it.

24. Athlumney

Athlumney Versed in the lewd.

I wonder if they ever fixed the whole you can execute html script in the username section, last time I played they still gave everyone randomised names for every match to get around the problem.

25. Hotuko

Hotuko What? Never saw an elf before?

Copper is almost as common as Andesite. You can easily build an entire base out of the various coppers and just coppers if you so choose to do so. When I got a Fortune 3 pickaxe, I filled up two double chests with just raw copper from three veins.

Iron is best found on mountains, above surface layer and exposed, or in proper iron veins in the deep slate levels. Look around in deep caverns for Tuff deposits and dig around them, one in every five to ten cover a vein of iron. Or look for the iron in the deep caverns in general. There is no truly "best" layer for raw iron.

Water under dirt does work, but it has a reduced effective surface area. Its still better to place a water source on the surface, then place a staircase or slab of some kind in the water block.

Velk and Rakdos92 like this.
  26. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

South Park Fractured But Whole:

Where can I get free meds to make items with or otherwise make money quick? Don't tell me to use the infinite money glitch, I'm on console and it has long since been patched.

I've been punching the parking meters for a while and I wanna craft a bunch of Maximum Antidotes instead since that makes a lot of money pretty quick but I'm low on meds to make it with. I have all of the DLC if that makes any difference.

Edit: Found a crafting recipe that is profitable. Scarab of R'ylah +4 sells for $0.60 and the glue is bought for $0.50 and the Bio can be farmed at most toilets.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  27. heralding_bubble

heralding_bubble Liar and Hypocrite

28. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

Who knows; it may get picked back up. The Minecraft craze mostly calmed down before it reappeared with the rise of vtubers.

29. lyira

lyira Getting some practice in, huh?

wow , i cant wait for it

30. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

Started playing Wandersong. Interesting puzzle game so far- I dread the part that's probably eventually coming that involves actually being able to play by ear.

TL;DR: Only the Bard can save us now, because in order to convince God not to destroy everything and start over, every single living thing in the universe has to sing together in harmony.

Or that's what I've got from the plot as far as chapter 1.

Anonnermus likes this.