1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Lykaia

Lykaia Well worn.

Nah, you're good so long as you avoid Dragonbarrow* for now since you're under-leveled for that.

*That'd be the region Gurranq is in.

NameOrdane likes this.
  2. Digital_Devil

Digital_Devil Attack and dethrone [YHVH]

No, the 60s is about where you're expected to be for Caelid. I think most people finish the game around 120 or higher depending on how much they explore.

vyor and NameOrdane like this.
  3. rx915

rx915 Experienced.

Hey hey people Seth here.

bryanfran36 and Selias like this.
  4. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Only about an hour or two into it, and I'm not sure if I like Act III of DQ11. Probably why they let you choose whether to go back or not, and make it clear that this is an optional story by having the credits run before opening it up. I mean, it's probably better for the people of Erdrea, since all of the death and destruction from Mordegon is undone, but I'm not a fan of how it undoes everything else, as well. Mia is still a statue (which I imagine you fix at some point), Sylvando's parade never forms, the little boy at Lonalulu never meets that mermaid, etc. I honestly think I would have preferred a more cliched ending along the lines of everyone who died being brought back to life when Yggdrasil is restored.

That said, as I already said, I'm only an hour or two in, so I might change my opinion as I get deeper into Act III.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
  5. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

Anything I need to know about Bravely Default 2? I heard that it has NG+, Two bad endings and a 'True' ending.

Chaos Fantasy likes this.
  6. Chaos Fantasy

Chaos Fantasy Versed in the lewd.

I had a whole tangent on Bravely Second typed up until I realized you meant "Bravely Default II"

I've got nothing there since I haven't gotten around to that game yet. :p

7. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Breast Observer.

Should have called it Bravely Third; this is some xbox one level naming. :V

Chaos Fantasy likes this.
  8. Chaos Fantasy

Chaos Fantasy Versed in the lewd.

Then it'd probably be a more direct sequel to Default and Second. But if what I vaguely know about II is correct, it isn't.

And I'm pretty sure this is Final Fantasy type numbering, since the series is a spinoff of FF. :p

9. Digital_Devil

Same honestly. I was about to talk about Kaiser and the whole thing with the meta save slots before I realized I hadn't played BD2 yet and was thinking about Bravely Second.

Chaos Fantasy and Velk like this.
  10. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

Did a little looking around.

Apperantly there is a Job System reminiscent of FF5, battles give JP which level up jobs in addition to EXP.

And apparently all of the returning jobs that were good in BD1 and BS have been hit hard with the nerf bat, not unusably so but enough that you are apparently better of to use other jobs.

And jobs have a weight limit that limits how much weight you can carry from weapons and armor, so mage jobs are heavily screwed when it comes to damage reduction because of their lower weight limits. Going over the limit reduces how soon that person’s turn comes around and can really screw you over.

…Not the best news to find for a game I already paid for, but as long as it’s not too limiting I think I can live with it. Can’t be as unbalanced as the 2d/3d glitch I found in DQ11 that allows me to reach 999 strength before even getting back to the Capital in chapter 2(?).

FTR2017 and Chaos Fantasy like this.
  11. Digital_Devil

I wasn't paying attention to the Soul Hackers 2 release date and found out it came out a few days ago. But, as with a lot of Atlas titles recently, it has a bunch of day 1 DLC. And the pricing is annoying. I only want the demons and side story DLC but that brings the total cost up to $83 and the premium addition with the stuff I don't want like the booster items is $90 so it's like I might as well just get that. I really wish Atlas wasn't like this.

Edit: After watching reviews, It doesn't seem like any of the DLC is worth it at all, so I'm just not getting it. Why is it $13 for demons that should have been in the base game?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  12. Selias

Selias Well worn.

The KOTOR remake got moved to a European studio. Apparently they didn't trust the quality of the American dev team. “This was done to ensure the quality bar is where we need it to be for the title.” I didn't have very high hopes for the quality of this game when it was first announced, but now I'm getting a bit excited.

13. Jamesson Locke

Jamesson Locke Best Chunnibote

>Dev team doesn't meet deadlines, probably due to waffling.

Yes it's a Bioware game alright, even after all this time.

It's a remake for fcuks sake, all you gotta do is make the old game in a different engine with a better combat system, and integrate cut content. Don't try and get clever and change the story or shove in "We made this decision because the original wasn't diverse enough" bullshit.

14. TheFabulousCustodes

TheFabulousCustodes Versed in the lewd.

What could be more diverse than Star Wars?

You don't just have alien species from all over the galaxy, but humans from probably hundreds, if not thousands of different planets and cultures. And from what I remember of the real Star Wars canon, humans were taken from Coruscant as slaves tens of thousands of years in the franchises past, and that's how they initially spread across the Star Wars galaxy.

15. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Honestly, I have to agree. Three of the party members are white humans (four, depending on your version of Revan), but there's also a lesbian furry, a spunky teenaged twi'lek, her wookiee guardian, two droids, and an old black man. It's a pretty diverse cast.

16. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

"The only kinds of diversity that count are the kinds that I, a person who's extremely active on Twitter (but never played the original and have no plans to play the remake either), can immediately recognize."

So the only aliens that count are the ones within the range of human skin tones. Nobody accused the average Twitter user of understanding context.

17. Persona4Dan

Persona4Dan I trust you know where the happy button is?

Beat Bravely Default II a few weeks ago, and honestly the weight system isn't that bad. That is to say, there wasn't really a point where I felt like my characters using spellcaster classes were too squishy or slow until the endgame boss fights, but that was more because the game just started to break out the bullshit. What really tends to screw you over is how 'countering' works in the game. As soon as like the second boss I think, it's introduced that almost every enemy in the game, that includes mobs, can counter specific actions that your characters take. You can be countered for doing anything from hitting enemies with physical and magic attacks, to healing your party, to even just defaulting. Towards the end of the game, it honestly just gets a bit crazy and feels like you're playing a game that is the manifestation of that 'and I took that personally' meme since you can't even breathe in a fight without an enemy deciding to counter that too. All that being said though, I did find it fun and interesting to play around and make different team setups for.

Chaos Fantasy and Velk like this.
  18. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

Hooray, new Saints Row complete. Pretty fun, if a bit buggy. Hopefully they'll patch some of the fuckery out soon enough. It's definitely not Shakety McSpeare level writing but, as far as Saints Row goes it was pretty enjoyable. I'd probably put it below 2 but somewhere with 3. I definitely liked it better than 4. Not that I actually disliked 4, it just wasn't as good as its predecessors.

19. rx915

rx915 Experienced.

Smashbro dev made a channel on making games.

20. rx915

rx915 Experienced.

Dr. Livesey from an obscure cartoon just keeps spreading.

21. mizerie

mizerie Brazenly New

I think that when Sseth said that he will not hold back, I thought he was kidding. Now I'm surprised since this recommendation is not the type of game I would ever play.

searcher8 likes this.
  22. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Breast Observer.

There is no getting off uncle Sseth's wild ride. Over half of the games that Sseth shows are stuff that I will never find.

23. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

The sad part is that I already knew of this game's existence prior to this (though not by name) because a youtuber who used to do no hit boss rushes and speedruns did a boss rush of it.

24. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

Yeah, I remember seeing that one loooong before Sseth did it and clicking it out of morbid curiosity.

25. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

I find it hilarious that when the trophy list for the TLoU: Part 1 come out, there where people on Reddit that where legit pissed that there wasn't trophies for Grounded and Grounded+.

26. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

What are the odds of PS5 and XBOX whatever being back in stock again? Probably low, but I think I'm going to try and reserve one at a electric store. Let's see if they allow that.

UnthinkingWisdom likes this.
  27. rx915

rx915 Experienced.

I'd rather get a steam deck.

28. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

Can you play PS games on that?

UnthinkingWisdom likes this.
  29. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

People are making games for the new PS and Xbox? Under the circumstances you'd have thought they'd try and make them for the older consoles or the PC. At least I would considering the whole "people can't actually buy the console" issue.

30. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

Man, I can only imagine the fallout from Snoy and Microsoft selling consoles (thanks to scalpers) but no games.

UnthinkingWisdom and Malcolmo like this.