1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. rx915

rx915 Experienced.

Youtube says yes?

UnthinkingWisdom likes this.
  2. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

Technically I was asking more about 3rd parties rather than Sony and Microsoft though I suppose they count too on the "are they even making exclusives" front. I can't imagine it being a good return on investment.

3. Jomasten

Jomasten GIVE US TIAMAT OR RIOT!

Holy shit I just randomly found my 'intense PTSD flashback' song from when I was younger

God, Tube Slider was such a bargain bin treasure.

For context, this was the song that plays at the last Gran Prix race against some mysterious machine called The Spider. Basically the final boss.

4. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

Nintendo does seem to be the least bad of the big three. Not that Nintendo doesn't have plenty of its own BS anti-consumer attitude but it's not quite as terrible as Microsoft and Sony

searcher8 and UnthinkingWisdom like this.
  5. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

So that remake is coming in English, as expected.

Chaos Fantasy likes this.
  6. NameOrdane

NameOrdane Lurker: The Socially Awkward

Elden ring question: is there any point in upgrading my shield? I'm almost 70 hours in and I haven't once upgraded it. The only thing that would make me want to upgrade it is if it reduced the stamina cost of hits taken. If it only increases general damage absorption, I'd rather use a specialized shield than upgrading.

7. Digital_Devil

Digital_Devil Attack and dethrone [YHVH]

It does decrease stamina cost, but I'm not sure by how much since I basically never use them.

NameOrdane likes this.
  8. Anonnermus

Anonnermus UnDedicated Lurker

It's not at every upgrade level but yes, pumping your shield can increase guard boost, the thing that influences your stamina consumption on block. It's generally something like 5 points across a full upgrade though.

Otherwise it raises damage if you wanna dual wield the things or there's the unique shields with their own weapon arts you can boost that way, if you use them.

NameOrdane likes this.
  9. Deathstorm50

Deathstorm50 Know what you're doing yet?

Asking after game recommendations that can fill the void left in my soul from finishing Outer Wilds. If impossible, games similar to Manifold Garden would also be appreciated. Anything likely to induce a sense of wonderment in ones soul, really.

Maragas likes this.
  10. rx915

rx915 Experienced.

The C&C inspired game. We shall see what they'll change from the demo video.

Derek58 likes this.
  11. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Breast Observer.

Sad that they didn't get real people to do the cutscenes, but I guess it wasn't in the budget.

Anonnermus likes this.
  12. rx915

rx915 Experienced.

I don't believe they use real people for those these days even if it can be done on the cheap or these days regulations means it's more expensive.

13. Darrenb209

Darrenb209 Only way to survive is keeping your eyes on screen

They're moving towards that now, the initial promise was originally for a years support extended for covid.

It's either this year or next that support effectively ends, IIRC at least for Xbox.

Probably helps that Series X's are in fact in stock at this point, although PS5's are still struggling.

14. heralding_bubble

heralding_bubble Liar and Hypocrite

Three hour dive into the Remedy multiverse

Sornek and Ranni The Witch like this.
  15. rx915

rx915 Experienced.

Here's one without the dev commentary.

Rakdos92 likes this.
  16. NameOrdane

Elden ring question: Okay, I know I'm over leveled, but what is the average godskin duo experience? I beat them on my second try and I want to know how much I trivialized it. The fight was about three minutes and I was doing about 1.3k damage per hit (power stance jump attacks).

How much damage per hit would the appropriately leveled player experience and how long would the fight last?

Persona4Dan likes this.
  17. Digital_Devil

Powerstance and jump attacks doing a lot of damage isn't really surprising. Half the reason the Godskin Duo is difficult is because there's two of them. The other half is that blackflame does tic damage on top of taking 30% of your health for a while. Also the fat ones roll. That move is difficult to deal with if you don't get him caught on a pillar. What level are you, by the way?

Persona4Dan likes this.
  18. NameOrdane

I think I was almost level 140 then, about 60 vigor and strength and I think 50 endurance.

Edit: I'm also not used to power stancing, so I don't have a good base line. I've been using my lordsworn straight sword since start of the game till after fire giant.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    Persona4Dan likes this.
  19. Digital_Devil

Depending on who you ask 140 is either super over leveled or normal since it's the second to last major area and 150 is about the average for beating the final boss. If anything I'm confused why you didn't pick up an ultra greatsword once your strength got passed 30. But, yeah, jump attacks do a lot of damage and powerstancing makes them stronger, so if you weren't getting hit a lot then it makes sense you killed them so quick.

20. Darrenb209

Darrenb209 Only way to survive is keeping your eyes on screen

That Nintendo Direct was genuinely hilarious.

An Indie farming game surrounded on both sides by remakes of popular farming games in AWL and Rune Factory 3.

Starting off with a Fire Emblem game.

And then towards the end suddenly Pikmin 4 followed by Botw 2 name and release date.

They also went full bait and switch, went "Now for our main event, showed off a Pikmin mobile game and then only afterwards showed Pikmin 4.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    UnthinkingWisdom and Velk like this.
  21. NameOrdane

I never really saw the need. My old sword was quick and did decent damage and if I really needed high burst damage the starting sword came with the ridiculously powerful square off ash of war.

It's only when it took me 5 minutes to kill fire giant that I figured it was finally time to move on.

Persona4Dan and Anonnermus like this.
  22. Persona4Dan

Persona4Dan I trust you know where the happy button is?

I have experienced no greater pain than trying to beat the Godskin Duo with an under leveled mage build. I was only at around 90 and still using the Meteorite Staff and Rock Sling Spell. On the plus side, it really makes you learn how to get good a spacing and dodging, so the boss afterward was relatively easier.

23. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

That's a different boss and doesn't use blackflame. Blackflame just does damage, doesn't take max HP.

24. Velk

Velk Brok3n1s

Person 3,4 and 5 are still on track, right? As far as we know.

25. Persona4Dan

Persona4Dan I trust you know where the happy button is?

P5 is confirmed for October 21st. I don't know about 3 and 4 though.

26. rx915

rx915 Experienced.

I like games like this. It's like paying extra for your own interactive quest.

bryanfran36, Renko and Rakdos92 like this.
  27. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

Yakuza fans can rejoice as we just got Tiger Dropped big time:
    • Judgment and Lost Judgement are now on PC today with the Judgment collection
    • Yakuza Ishin!!! the second of the two unreleased internationally Feudal Japan spin off games (No word if it's predecessor Kezzen will see a Western translation) is getting a full Kiwami remake and launches February 21, 2023
    • Also coming next year is Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name. A fully canon side story revealing what Kiryu has been doing since the end of Yakuza 6.
    • And said Gaiden game is a lead in to the next mainline game; Like A Dragon 8 due out in 2024

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    Chaos Fantasy, Renko and Derek58 like this.
  28. NameOrdane

Just had one of those weird anxiety filled nightmares last night, where everything that can go wrong does, related to elden ring. For a bit of context, yesterday I rage quitted after dying in the haligtree area, dropping 100k runes, with atleast 3 revenants (those many limbed, teleporting, asshats), a sorcery and faith knight, and maybe a couple of cleanrot knights, that sometimes drop down because of messed up pathfinding, between me and my runes.

It's only after quitting and thinking for a bit that I remember I have the twiggy cracked tear, ensuring my runes won't disappear on death within 3 minutes of using my flask. I determined that tomorrow (now today) I'd get my runes back by repeated bum rushing.

I went to sleep later, and dreamed that I was attempting to get my runes back. Not mentioning the anxious enemy encounters, I some how ran past my runes in a diverging hall way (that doesn't exist), so I back tracked. The time it took to do so apparently made me lose my flask effects with a revenant between me and my runes. Since I wasn't in combat I opened my map to got to my last site of grace, but the map was fucked up with volcano manor showing up instead and with my panicy dream logic I decided to go to the Rykard boss room.

When I went there and tried to rest at the site of grace (for whatever reason), I apparently couldn't and 20 seconds later I was invaded by an NPC. When I started fighting the invader, I was struggling to remember how to power stance jump attack, shouting in my head L1 before every attack. Dream gets fuzzy there before I awoke, don't remember if I died and lost my illusory runes or not.

Seems much shorter writing it out now, but in the dream it felt so long and intense.

Edit: it's crazy how much the mind over exaggerates things. I played a couple hours ago and executed my plan flawlessly, it was easy.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
  29. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

Speaking of Like a Dragon, the Western localization has decided to ditch the Yakuza title altogether going forward. I wonder if any future ports of the old titles will also remove the Yakuza title. It was inaccurate to begin with, only getting that name because they wanted to appeal to the GTA crowd even though both series are nothing alike

Jamesson Locke likes this.
  30. NameOrdane

Elden ring question: I've beaten the game (and malenia) and started a new playthrough focusing on magic. Any staff recommendations? I've heard you can dual weild staffs and if one of them has a passive it applies to your other staff as well. Is this true? And if so, what are some good passives? Last question, is there any good spells I'll need to invest in arcane to meet prerequisites?