• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

So for anyone else that is playing Armored Core 6 on the PC.

Does anyone else's framerate and inputs go into the shitter in the AC customizer and during mission selection?

Only guess for the framerate is that the garage can have raytracing, maybe that's on?

Loving AC6 so far Infection was fun as hell to fight.

Ok, so this is a rant more on players rather than a game.
Armored Core 6. It's really good, a tad tricky at times but not bad.
The players though. I had forgotten how damn awful the elitism gets when it comes to Fromsoft games.

When people have a hard time with something saying 'git gud' followed by insults is not helpful.

When people have a hard time with something saying 'git gud' followed by insults is not helpful.

I usually make allowances for 'git gud' being from pro players really tired of answering questions after dealing with a lot of whiners... But the game's been out for what, a week? Even if the previous entries lend to skill at the newest, throwing away newbies to the series is just toxic.

I usually make allowances for 'git gud' being from pro players really tired of answering questions after dealing with a lot of whiners... But the game's been out for what, a week? Even if the previous entries lend to skill at the newest, throwing away newbies to the series is just toxic.
Agreed. Now I'm someone who played the old games and yes certain skills are transferable. But AC6 is definitely a different beast then what came before. The franchise has also been dormant for quite a long time so a lot of people may not of played it or they played the 4s.

For a old fuck like me, of course I'm going to use my sword to hit the fortress sized helicopter. The sword hits like a truck and with something that big I cannot miss. For someone new, well it's a helicopter, you shoot those, right?

There is a learning curve and I dislike how some folk just don't get that this is a new rodeo then what people are used to.

For a old fuck like me, of course I'm going to use my sword to hit the fortress sized helicopter. The sword hits like a truck and with something that big I cannot miss. For someone new, well it's a helicopter, you shoot those, right?
Imma be honest, I'm not too sure it's that unintuitive. Even if you weren't an old fart who used to see vids of people doing meme things with blades in for answer, it's a helicopter. Of course if you can reach the thing with the sword it's going to take spectacular amounts of damage, those things aren't meant to be beaten down like that and games typically reward you for taking a risk to hit things harder. Plus you just had a lesson in how good blades are at downing armored targets on the shield mooks you ran into beforehand.

Even outside of that if you've watched things like Gundam or the like you should know that hitting the big thing with your beam sword is the most effective way of tearing things apart. It's practically a staple whenever you get handed blades. And it looks really cool so it should be all but calling to you to cut it down or trying doing so because that's a really cool thing to be doing.

Imma be honest, I'm not too sure it's that unintuitive. Even if you weren't an old fart who used to see vids of people doing meme things with blades in for answer, it's a helicopter. Of course if you can reach the thing with the sword it's going to take spectacular amounts of damage, those things aren't meant to be beaten down like that and games typically reward you for taking a risk to hit things harder. Plus you just had a lesson in how good blades are at downing armored targets on the shield mooks you ran into beforehand.

Even outside of that if you've watched things like Gundam or the like you should know that hitting the big thing with your beam sword is the most effective way of tearing things apart. It's practically a staple whenever you get handed blades. And it looks really cool so it should be all but calling to you to cut it down or trying doing so because that's a really cool thing to be doing.
Plus, it isn't even that hard to close the distance between you and the helicopter. You have a flight mode for a reason and you can easily reach it with a full bar of energy if you are close enough. Additionally, you can fire your missiles at close range when you're near for even more damage as the helicopter has no opportunities to dodge them.
Not even a week. It's been out for four days

Not even a week. It's been out for four days
Best part is that there were compilations of all bosses and endings in the story and a full playthrough of all the missions out on youtube out on the 25th and 24th of August respectively (editing the former out of the latter together likely took the dude some time). People are fucking fast when it comes to these games man. You can genuinely see the dude get better and better towards the end too.

Best part is that there were compilations of all bosses and endings in the story and a full playthrough of all the missions out on youtube out on the 25th and 24th of August respectively (editing the former out of the latter together likely took the dude some time). People are fucking fast when it comes to these games man. You can genuinely see the dude get better and better towards the end too.
Being fast and efficient is a skill you have to eventually get in this game if you want to S-rank missions on replays.

Plus, if a vtuber can do it. So can you.
at3za14wh9kb1.png

That's fair. To be honest I was a tad surprised so many people had trouble with the copter.

Now missile boi. He was tough. Took me way too many tries to beat him.

Course when I bought the pulse gun to take out his shield he went down like a chump.

Still not the biggest fan of stagger (says the guy whose build is built to stagger shit)

That's fair. To be honest I was a tad surprised so many people had trouble with the copter.

Course when I bought the pulse gun to take out his shield he went down like a chump.

Still not the biggest fan of stagger (says the guy whose build is built to stagger shit)
I assault boosted and tried to stay as close as I could to him. Landing sword hits whenever possible to take down the shields.

Still, if you have trouble dealing with the shields, there are pulse weapons that can shred the barrier quickly in the shop at that point.

I agree with pretty much everything that's being said here.

Elitism is very toxic for pretty much any community unless we are talking about people who can beat a game consistently with unusual rules and/or conditions. (People playing blind and having to rely on sound and a mental map of the game for example.)

Finally did the first of Pistol Whip's two campaigns: "2089"

It's so fucking cool I forgot to stop playing when I normally would, AND there's a no-ammo level where you can only hit what's in front of you and have to dodge the rest. So my legs are gonna hurt tomorrow.

...But it's so fucking cool. There's an actual BOSS in the last level, a gunship with THREE Gatling guns. Plus an entirely different aesthetic for enemies instead of the generic mobs in the rest of the game. Story's pretty cool too, however minimalist.

Kinda can't wait to play the other campaign, which is Old West instead of Terminator themed, looks like, but it'll probably be a few days.

So you did what the game recommends you do and changed your build?

Because 90% of the bitching is "This boss/level is really hard!" "Have you tried changing your build around?" "But that's shit! I don't want to have to change my build! I want to beat it with my build!"

Played the other campaign. The twist at the end (or what I THINK it meant...) is such a power move, wow.

But the first mission was dual revolvers and the rest was Boomsticks. Explosive shotgun rounds for killing multiple enemies in a shot. Only problem is that they're double-barrels, so you have to reload after two shots. Also introduced shielded enemies- all normal enemies, even four-shots, go down in one shot from a Boomstick- but the shielded enemies ignore one hit from anything but a pistol-whip. Very annoying.

Boss was a definite "Oh Shit!" moment. Pretty awesome spidermech.

But both campaigns have been excellent and I hope they release more.

EDIT: Also screwing around with Lunar SSSC lately- an undub modded copy that puts the original audio back, interestingly, as well as gives the option to change the 'difficulty' (XP and money gain per battle) back to the original easier Japanese- and I forgot how much bullshit the first real boss is.

It's a big slime that regenerates every turn- and more the higher your level is. It regenerates enough that there's NO way you can do that much damage with normal attacks. At all. There are only two Star Lights (ethers) on the first island too, as far as I know. You can only buy them in one or two places in the whole game, and they're EXPENSIVE too.

Getting up to level twelve to get Alex the Vigor ability to raise his attack, boosting him with Luna's spell, I still only JUST managed to beat it before Alex ran out of MP.

On top of that, one of the boss' moves just completely locks down a party member- if he uses that on Alex, you're just fucked. Nash can't beat his regeneration with his one damage spell you have at this point, Luna's a healer, and Ramus is nearly useless except as a punching bag. Fortunately he only used it on Ramus at the beginning, and then on Nash just before the end.

It's a real buzzer beater. Kinda reminds me of the final Zophar fight in EB too- where you HAVE to kill the two hands you can damage in phase 1 by the first turn of phase 2 or he just rapes you.

Last edited:
Anyone here know a thing or two about modding HoI4? If so, PM me; I have a few questions I'd like some help with.

After further consideration I'd say that holding off on BG3 till the Enhanced Edition comes out would be best. It's pretty much the same exact situation that happened with DOS2 where they just completely fucked out Act 3 and shipped it out half-baked.

It's not so bad for AC6 tutorial. They have a checkpoint while I restart with full health, ammo and repair kits before the chopper arrives to fuck me up.

Do a couple of tries. Not as punishing as a dark souls game IMO.

They will actually rank your performance in AC6, and to get a S rank requires you to finish without restarting from a checkpoint while taking minimal damage and using as little ammo as possible... but if you need some cheering up over that, they only rank you on mission replays, and don't appear to lock any gameplay behind mission rankings.

Between checkpoints, the ability to reconfigure your AC setup when respawning from said checkpoints, resupply pods, the removal of the debt system, and the ability to freely replay missions for money, the game absolutely wants you to be able get through it. But this also gave the devs incentive to go hard on the difficulty for later missions, and (based on what I saw of a AC fan streaming NG++) they absolutely did.

So on the subject of AC6, someone made some neat art of Ayre and Allmind.

I knew I made the right choice.

On another note, I swear to fuck some of these enemy ACs recover wayyyy too fast. If I'm comboing with a lance+bunker, they shouldn't be coming out of stagger when the charged bunker is still moving. It makes sense for the bunker to not have a boost when charged, and for the range to be so tiny, but if you can't even land it on a target you just stunned it's just annoying.

Maybe I just haven't played a build that can recover like that but it's quite frustrating being staggered for several moments, and having enemy ACs evading my own hits because they're only down for half a second before they're retreating again - assuming I don't just get shot in the face, of course.

On another note, I swear to fuck some of these enemy ACs recover wayyyy too fast. If I'm comboing with a lance+bunker, they shouldn't be coming out of stagger when the charged bunker is still moving. It makes sense for the bunker to not have a boost when charged, and for the range to be so tiny, but if you can't even land it on a target you just stunned it's just annoying.

Maybe I just haven't played a build that can recover like that but it's quite frustrating being staggered for several moments, and having enemy ACs evading my own hits because they're only down for half a second before they're retreating again - assuming I don't just get shot in the face, of course.

Use a light machine gun to keep them staggered for longer.

You aren't going to reliably hit much of anything with that combo. The Charged Bunker is only reliable on bosses who stand still for special attacks like Balteus and Ibis.

Pretty much every regular enemy or AC gets blown backwards when you land a charged melee (or kick) when they're staggered, so any follow-ups have to be either a Ranged attack or a fast melee with lots of range, which excludes most charged attacks and basically requires you to use the Kikaku booster.

So at best you can stagger from close-range, boost and hit with a Charged Bunker and then chase with an uncharged Lance. You could maybe hit both Charged attacks if you corner the target somewhere in the geometry, but don't count on it, and they'll be exiting stagger by the time the second hit lands.

If you're having trouble keeping their bars from emptying before they stagger, I recommend Plasma missiles. It's very easy for the enemy to get a glancing hit from the lingering AoEs while they dodge everything else you shoot at them, and it only takes one hit from to reset their stagger decay timer.

Here's a little advice for Ibis.
Do not get close to it during the beginning of phase 2. Its lasers will rip you apart. Instead use vertical missiles right before it's health bar appears. Ibis is stuck in one place for a few seconds at the start of phase 2 and if you hit him with enough missiles you will get a stagger.

At that point hit it with everything you have. A long fight is absolutely to your disadvantage. Hit Ibis hard and fast.

Here's a little advice for Ibis.
Do not get close to it during the beginning of phase 2. Its lasers will rip you apart. Instead use vertical missiles right before it's health bar appears. Ibis is stuck in one place for a few seconds at the start of phase 2 and if you hit him with enough missiles you will get a stagger.

At that point hit it with everything you have. A long fight is absolutely to your disadvantage. Hit Ibis hard and fast.
Or you can dodge the lasers, pop a charge of Pulse Armor, and Stake its face in. :V

Users who are viewing this thread

Back