• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Has anyone played Isle of Arrows? I've been getting a bit more into tower defense recently and really like Rogue Tower. I've been looking at getting a few more and Isle of Arrows looks okay but I'm not sure about it.

Got Shadow Legend VR.

Closest thing I've found to an RPG yet. Meet the Goddess of Light in a dream, get a torch that collects souls. Get a new sword from the blacksmith that should kill the undead much better. Steal everything that isn't nailed down- collect all the runes because you can't use the better weapons later without having so many. Go out in the yard, burn some steak, play with the dog, feed the horses. Get a bow and a chance to test it. Climb around on stuff to get more runes and money. Play with some silly interactibles. Go into the war room, buy a crossbow- or don't, it's kinda shit, but it IS a bonus objective- and talk to the priest. Hear a boom-

Aaaaand everyone's dead. It was such a cliche 'It's all gone to shit' moment that I laughed.

It's got melee combat (barely more than flailing, but you do have to block) the ranged attacks could really use a better assist mode than just automatically putting the arrow on your nose. You can level up by collecting souls from the undead you kill and handing them back to the Goddess. It's pretty gory, in an old-school kinda way- you can even do an optional bit in the first area, before everyone dies, where you take zombie heads and impale them on stakes for some extra money.

Don't buy the ice sword, btw. The area after the area where you can, you can find a compass that points to you a spot where a copy of it is hiding.

There are a lot of semi-puzzles to get runes and extra cash, even riddles.

Fun note- I bought the fire katana at the first real shop, and when I left the shop and pulled it out I thought I'd smudged my lenses. There's a fairly real-looking heat haze that comes off it while you hold it, which I thought was cool.

The game's five years old now, which is pretty wild. The studio has a new game, Arken Age, coming out soonish, which looks like they've built on the combat system a lot- and added guns, since it's sci-fi.

Any open world (optional J)RPGs that are basically 2D Cube World?

With a procedural and maybe endless map. Maybe with procedural factions as well.

Purple, suspicious goop on the rim, tentacles.

That thing is a biohazard whipped up by a chef with negative cooking skills.
... it looke like they used a syrup with purple food coloring. Also, did you know that marzipan can be colored and shaped?

As far as food failure jokes go, this one doesn't work for me.

Got to play a bit of Echoes of Wisdom before work this morning. Feeling a bit mixed on the combat so far because of how much time you spend in the menu cycling between echoes but maybe that'll even out as the game progresses and more stuff unlocks.

I played it for a while last night and picking your echoes could have been less of hassle. Like damn, make it a drop down menu you can touch or something.

I did have fun with it otherwise.

Finally got around to getting a Steam account and been getting into Ur-Quan Masters as preparation for it's sequel that I backed. Think I'm having a good time so far.

Wish there were Monster Rancher games on Steam though, the ones made by Koei Tecmo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back