• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] Hostage Situation - 2
[X] Slippery Slope - 1

[X] Nemesis - 6
[X] Bait and Switch - 5
[X] NSW - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
[X] Confrontation II - 1

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Security - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
[X] I, Panacea - 1

[X] Nemesis - 6
[X] Junior Hero - 5
[X] Recoil - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] Slippery Slope - 2
[X] Hostage Situation - 1

[X] Meet The Heberts - 6
[X] Danny & Taylor - 5
[X] NSW - 4
[X] Hostage Situation - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] I, Panacea - 1

[X] Really Bad End - 6
[X] Bait & Switch - 5
[X] Wyvern - 4
[X] NSW - 3
[X] Meet the Heberts - 2
[X] Danny & Taylor - 1

[X] Slippery Slope - 6
[X] Recoil - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Hostage Situation - 2
[X] Confrontation II
Might need a number on that last one. The vote counting software kind of demands it.

Is that a constant though? After Slippery Slope's last win it shot up in votes/week.
I think that's because people weren't so interested before, but are now, given that the stakes are increasing.

[X] Hostage Situation - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] MirrorVerse - 3
[X] NSW - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1
[] Recoil - 0
[] One More Trigger - 0
[] Slippery Slope - 0
[] Wyvern - 0

Is that a constant though? After Slippery Slope's last win it shot up in votes/week.
Not necessarily a constant, but I can approximate an average by rolling back the predictor and seeing how far off it tended to be in its predictions where recently-winning stories fell short of their expected votes. They tend to be the least-accurate ones in any given prediction, and just from memory it runs somewhere around 80-85% of their prior prediction. I can then take that average and factor it into predictions, such that when a story has just won a vote the predictor assumes it will only get 80-85% of its normal votes.

At least, that's how I'm planning to handle it. Not sure if I'll have it work for just the first round after a win or not; I'll need to examine the trends more closely.

[X] Recoil (6)

Only voting for recoil intentionally. I like others, but Recoil is my favorite.

[X] NSW - 6
[X] Meet the Heberts - 5
[X] Danny & Taylor - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] One More Trigger - 2
[X] Bait & Switch - 1

Not necessarily a constant, but I can approximate an average by rolling back the predictor and seeing how far off it tended to be in its predictions where recently-winning stories fell short of their expected votes. They tend to be the least-accurate ones in any given prediction, and just from memory it runs somewhere around 80-85% of their prior prediction. I can then take that average and factor it into predictions, such that when a story has just won a vote the predictor assumes it will only get 80-85% of its normal votes.

At least, that's how I'm planning to handle it. Not sure if I'll have it work for just the first round after a win or not; I'll need to examine the trends more closely.

You could try tracking the number of likes each chapter gets, if that's possible. Probably would be too hard to get to actually show you any valuable information.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back